PDA

View Full Version : Author! Author! Author! ~Due May 31st

lenoralb
04-19-2012, 11:11 AM
Swap Due: May 31, 2012
Withdrawal Date: April 30, 2012
Number of Cards: 1/3:3 (3.5 x 7.5) The size of three cards folded.
Number of Participants: 20
Medium Used: Hand drawn (markers, colored pencils, pastels, water colors, pens, graphite, charcoal, and chalk)

Guidelines: In a story, there is a beginning, a middle, and an end, In this swap, you will choose from one of the stories listed below and draw the poignant parts that fit in the criteria previously mentioned in the three spaces provided of the folded card. The recipient will unfold the story that you illustrate.

The card: You will illustrate three cards (the standard 2.5 x3.5 measurement). The illustrations should depict the most poignant parts of the beginning, the middle and the end of the story you have chosen from the list below. You then take each ATC and glue them to the scored and folded backing of the 3.5 x 7.5 card. You should be able to fold the card like a tiny portfolio. When the viewer receives your card, the left will be folded on top of the right so when opened the viewer will clearly see the story unfold.

Know that each participant will receive one folded card. Each folded card will have three cards on the inside depicting one story. That's 3 cards in 1 from one artist each. Understand?

Titling the story on the front of the card is your choice. Remember: Fold the card. It should be able to fit in a standard 2.5 X 3.5 protective sleeve. Also on the back of the folded card should have the following information:
- the title of the swap
- the date illustration was completed
- the artist's name
- the website the swap was founded

Mailing Instructions: Understand that the postage in the US increased slightly the beginning of this year.
For international participants: Please send a well hidden U.S. dollar with a completed address label and I will provide the envelope ( I will cover the additional .05 cents).
For US participants: Please send a SASE for your returns.

Here is a list of the Tales to choose from:
- Red Riding Hood
- Goldilocks and the 3 bears
- Jack and the Beanstalk
- The Princess and the Pea
- The 3 Little Pigs
- Henny Penny
- The Tortoise and the Hare
- Hansel and Gretel
- The Crooked Man
- Old Mother Hubbard
- The House That Jack Built
- The Old Lady That Swallowed a Fly
- There's a Hole In The Bucket Liza
- The 3 Little Kittens
- Three Blind Mice
- Sleeping Beauty
- Snow White and Rose Red
- Rumpelstiltskin
- Three Billy Goats Gruff
- Georgie-Porgy
- Little Miss Muffet
Hostess card, especially with this venue...I would be overjoyed; however, not necessary. Thank you anyway.
Participants: Received
0. lenoralb
1. quoting mungo
2. leann
3. jessann

lenoralb
04-19-2012, 11:03 PM
leann and quoting mungo are on the list. I am so glad you understood the instruction. :yes:

jessann
04-25-2012, 02:29 PM
I want to play please....

lenoralb
04-26-2012, 01:11 PM
Yay jessann, you are on the list. PM me for any questions and for my address when you are ready. Thank you for joining. :D

lenoralb
05-03-2012, 11:38 AM
Where are all of the takers, movers, and shakers? Don't be scared...com'mon - you can do it. Its Easy!!!:yes:

lenoralb
05-14-2012, 07:43 AM
Really! I can't wait to see them. Yours will be the first...I think :yes:

lenoralb
05-19-2012, 11:45 PM
I received the cards leann. Thank you for the hostess card...I was so surprised! :D

lenoralb
05-25-2012, 09:21 AM
I sent you the reply. Thank you for joining in. I will be looking for your cards. :yes:

lenoralb
05-31-2012, 08:30 AM
This is the last day...thank you all for playing. I wish I got a better response but still pleased with the cards received. Thanks again :D

lenoralb
06-01-2012, 11:56 PM
These were such nice cards. I am so glad you were the one participating in the swap. It was just enough. Thank you :D