View Full Version : ATCs: INCONCEIVABLE! The Princess Bride Swap - Due July 2nd

Pages : [1] 2

nanner
04-24-2012, 03:00 PM
ATCs: INCONCEIVABLE! The Princess Bride Swap

Due date: July 2
Number of cards: 3/3
Number of players: 30

This swap is meant for those of us with wuv-twoo-wuv for the cult classic 1987 "The Princes Bride." (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093779/) Listed on IMDB as a classic fairy tale, with swordplay, giants, an evil prince, a beautiful princess, and yes, some kissing (as read by a kindly grandfather.) ATC art can include favorite characters and scenes from the movie, or YOUR original interpretation. Odd twists and turns welcome (see my examples from the lovely AnnD's Rowdy Royal swap below.)

Simple Rules to Swap Success:
1. Hand-drawn and/or mixed media. Please no print-and-paste of movie images. These must be original creations of artwork. No overly bulky cards, please.

2. True-to-movie artwork OR a fun and funky twist. Artist's choice. Just make sure the art is based on the movie.

3. Follow ATC rules. SEE HERE (http://atcsforall.com/forum/faq.php?faq=trading_faq#faq_cardquide) if you need a refresher. Artwork that doesn't meet these basic requirements will be returned.

4. Quality in is quality out, so please put only your best work forward.

5. This is ART, so please remember to sign your work. Include your username on the back of each ATC.

6. Send each ATC in its own protective sleeve.

7. Postage. Those in the US: include a SASE (self addressed stamped envelope) with equal postage to that which it took to send to nannerland. Intl: include a self-addressed envelope and a $1 if you have it. Otherwise, I'll cover you.

8. Show and tell: Please upload piccys of your cards for everyone to ogle (as weeee wiiiiish.) That’s one of the best parts!

Players, please, please, please - when you receive your cards for the swap, remember to leave Rep Points (You Rock button) for the people you received cards from and iTrader for the Host (me.) Hostess gift is not required, but I sure do dig them. Extra loose postage is always welcomed.

Send a PM when you're ready for my address. Also, I’m not gonna serve you to the ROUS's if you withdraw…just please let me know. I will leave you a neutral iTrader if you disappear into the Pit of Dispair.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/1144/medium/1_humperdinck.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/1144/medium/1_buttercup.jpg

Have fun storming the castle! (red = received)

The Brute Squad:
1. messmaker (messy and wuv-able!)
2. pixiecorpse (must have more PB, and cowbell!)
3. ---
4. Raingirl (can eat peanuts and swordplay at the same time!)
5. Russell (stealing a spot with a 6-fingered option!)
6. artkeyologist (founding member of the PB cult classic fan club)
7. ArtDuJunque (Inigo ArDuJunque Montoya, prepared to draw!)
8. meredithu (mere: movie virgin as pure as the sweet buttercup)
9. alffly (excited to read the kissing parts!)
10. ---
11. Mikesatc (last one in the castle closes the STORMING door!)
12. ---
13. AnnD (small queen ruler of princess buttercup)
14. kentuckydakota (mostly dead!)
19. DADAology (doesn't trust people in masks)
20. ---
21. rapa (prefers the kissing parts)
22. sheala.draws (making farmboys swoon, one piece of art at a time)
23. ColorFly (Thwarmp) (brought enough MLT's to share!)
24. burningthirteen (officially loves pleasure cruises in eel-infested waters)
25. djl1050 (is not left-handed either!)
26. Jaybeeyell (read the book, tried to stay awake, succeeded)
27. ---
28. Sun Trade (soon-to-be die hard Montoya fan!)

themuppet
04-25-2012, 12:21 PM
I do love me some PB. I will tentatively sign up. :dull:

pixiecorpse
04-25-2012, 12:30 PM
Oh nuttynanner! I am so in!!!! Woohoo! I knew the 2 I did for ADJs swap wasn't enough PB :D

goodmorningstarshine
04-25-2012, 01:40 PM
My signup isn't tenative. I am here. My men are here. But soon, you will not be here!

Please put me in!

kristinized
04-25-2012, 01:53 PM
me please!!!

nanner
04-25-2012, 02:02 PM
Welcome, all! This is going to be a fun journey. I mean it! (Anyone want a peanut? :D)

Russell
04-25-2012, 02:31 PM
I do not mean to pry, but you don't by any chance happen to have six fingers on your right hand? Oh well, sign me up anyway.

pixiecorpse
04-25-2012, 02:35 PM
Russell! I was thinking of you the other day! I've made a paper dollfor Suntrades tim burton swap and it looks just like you :D

artkeyologist
04-25-2012, 02:44 PM
OMG...I truly have found my home. Did not realize it was a cult classic - I thought I was all awone in my crazy world of PB wuv!!! Pleeeeeeaaaaze let me play!!!!!

ArtDuJunque
04-25-2012, 03:13 PM
Nuttynanner!
My name is Art Du Junque!
You've awakened my muse!
Prepare to draw!
BTW you don't happen to have a sixth finger on your right hand do you?

meredithu
04-25-2012, 03:13 PM
Okay, put those pointer fingers away, when you want to point and laugh- I have never seen this movie!

I know I know. I was only 5 when it came out, can I use that as a lame excuse?

Sign me up, I will rent it, watch it and I'm sure love it! I'm going to see if I can 'on demand' it right now.

nanner
04-25-2012, 03:24 PM
:biglaugh: Oh, how I love you people!

Mere while that is a bit INCONCEIVABLE, you're going to LOVE LOVE LOVE this flick.

And I took a liberty in calling it a cult classic. What constitutes as one? I'm calling us a cult!

Russell
04-25-2012, 03:33 PM
Russell! I was thinking of you the other day! I've made a paper dollfor Suntrades tim burton swap and it looks just like you :D

Now you know I have to see it.

nanner
04-25-2012, 03:39 PM
Welcome alffly [awesome to have you here]!

Yes, pixie...let's see Russell's mini me!

pixiecorpse
04-25-2012, 03:39 PM
Mere my sister was only 5 when it came out and she LOVES it she will be spitting again knowing I'm not making PB cards for her hehe but I'm not judging there's a lot I've not seen :D
Russell I'll be on my pc as soon as the monsters are asleep to upload my paper dolls :D

pixiecorpse
04-25-2012, 05:22 PM
i wonder if you can tell which one is you :D

FlyingPhoenix
04-25-2012, 06:32 PM
Oh...my...gosh....!

This is my favorite movie OF ALL TIME! I would LOVE to be part of this! :D

AnnD
04-25-2012, 06:45 PM
Inconceivable? You keep on using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

I MUST PLAY!

nanner
04-25-2012, 07:11 PM
Pixie, oh, hells yes that resembles our handsome uber-awesome The Russell!!!

Welcome PB lovers! What took you so long?! Re: Westley...starry_eyed, GIRL! Did you see our Westley as the creepy psycho killer in Kiss the Girls? Eep!!!

Ann: :biglaugh: Peace on earth and goodwill to giants. Ann is here. All is well in the land!

kentuckydakota
04-25-2012, 07:47 PM
I was mostly dead all day until I found this. Please sign me up!

sometomato
04-25-2012, 07:59 PM
It is inconceivable that I NOT join this swap! Please sign me up!

"My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die!"

theweavershand
04-25-2012, 08:09 PM
one of my top 5 favs of all time! count me in!!

i always tell my family as they leave the house..."Have fun storming the castle!"

AnnD
04-25-2012, 10:02 PM
Hahahaha! That is hilarious, Amy!

pixiecorpse
04-26-2012, 02:11 AM
Thanks nanner!
And don't check him out in saw unless you want your handsome westley to have got a little chubby round the edges :D

nanner
04-26-2012, 03:57 AM
Saw = eeep! No thanks. I like my Russell with appendages!

Welcome awesome arteests! So happy to have you in this never ever land!

pixiecorpse
04-26-2012, 04:14 AM
I know what you mean I spent a lot of the series with my eyes closed!

CIndyjob
04-26-2012, 09:35 AM
You know I will play....but I better not focus on Dead Pirate ROberts too much. You know that will make me cwwwwy

debs913
04-26-2012, 10:46 AM
Lurk I will

1 Art Lady
04-26-2012, 12:29 PM
Lurking at the moment....

nanner
04-26-2012, 12:30 PM
Welcome, lovely cinderpot. (And lurky McGurkies!)

nanner
04-26-2012, 07:11 PM
Haven't seen Psych, but I can imagine him going the way of the Val Kilmer. Love that he and Robin Wright Penn will forever remain immortal youths thanks to the PB! Le sigh!

meredithu
04-26-2012, 07:47 PM
ACKK Netflix hurry yo ass up! I need to see this movie!!

nanner
04-26-2012, 09:17 PM
Curse you Netflix!!! Get that little red envie to mere's house STAT!!!

pixiecorpse
04-27-2012, 01:55 AM
Oh yes poor cutie pie val kilmer *sigh* he was lovely in real genius mmmmm anthony michael halls another 1 but some days I'm torn between eek and mmmmmm

jaw
04-27-2012, 02:02 AM
:mask: my holocast cloak is in storage ... alas ... I must lurk for now!!

DADAology
04-27-2012, 11:40 AM
goodness haven't seen this one in a long time.......and I must say I am so so so so behind.....but alas...put me on the list and blow a bit of "extra time" my way to help me get caught up...

pixiecorpse
04-27-2012, 12:03 PM
Remember mere you can't just watch it the once! :D

Dada sending some of my energy your way!

nanner
04-27-2012, 12:04 PM
Welcome, DADA dear! Extra time? As if we were gonna let you keep that to yourself!

jaw = :biglaugh: So many great lines I forget I love.

Pixie, true and true. As long as my Jon Bon and Pierce Brosnan keep it together, the world can still make sense.

DADAology
04-27-2012, 12:22 PM
Thank you PC - I receive it....

lisacotton
04-27-2012, 12:29 PM
We'll never survive! Nonsense! You're only saying that because no one ever has!

My hubby and I recite the entire movie word for word ;) This seems like a noble cause, I'll take the 65, I'm on the job! =D

rapa
04-27-2012, 02:05 PM
Oh, one of my all time favorites! Sign me up!

sheala.draws
04-27-2012, 02:53 PM
omg! I was thinking of starting a swap like this! instead I shall join yours! please?

nanner
04-27-2012, 06:28 PM
Welcome, Hawt Stuffs! Great minds think alike! Sooo good to have you here in the Pit.

Of Despair.

And Art.

ArtDuJunque
04-27-2012, 09:42 PM
You know I started watching WWF wrestling because of PB. I wanted to see more of Andre the Giant in action.
How pathetic am I? lol
Wesley was never my TWOO WUV as a young lady. David Bowie as the Goblin King holds that title but Wesley was a close second.

sometomato
04-27-2012, 10:11 PM
I cannot believe there are people out there who have never seen this movie! BTW, I read the book first. Really! This was one film my young son, my husband and I could all watch together and never get tired of - AND years later we can still do so and enjoy it.

ColorFly
04-27-2012, 10:34 PM
I love this movie!

And we know that true love is the greatest thing in the world, except for a nice MLT - mutton, lettuce and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomato is ripe.

Sign me up!!

pixiecorpse
04-27-2012, 11:08 PM
I think you watching WWF because of Andre is a better reason than why I started watching it, for the eye candy hehe)
Mmmm goblin king or sweet westley

burningthirteen
04-28-2012, 12:41 AM
Not even a sea teeming with shrieking eels could keep me from this swap. The Princess Bride is one of my unofficial favorite movies. Please sign me up

AnnD
04-28-2012, 10:26 AM
Why unofficial?

AnnD
04-28-2012, 10:29 AM
P.S. I am trying to hurry and check all the threads before I run off to a Magic tournament, but as soon as I saw that spare little questions sitting there, I thought, "That looks a little demanding / interrogational."

So allow me to clarify.

*Swings bright light into burningthirteen's face after 13 hours in locked room*

Why unofficial? WHY? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!

pixiecorpse
04-28-2012, 01:05 PM
See AnnD its your interegation skills that make you a 6ft amazon! :D

Deblit
04-28-2012, 03:14 PM
Me, me! I love that movie!

AnnD
04-28-2012, 06:55 PM
See AnnD its your interegation skills that make you a 6ft amazon! :D

Hahahaha! I wish!

nanner
04-28-2012, 08:29 PM
So excited to see these talented faces up in this bog!

ArtDuJ: ever watch when the wrestlers had their own Saturday morning cartoon. Andre had an awesome caricature in there (also Junk Yard Dog and other faves at the time.) Probably the cheesiest thing ever now, but I remember thinking it was supremely cool then.

13: Q1 still stands on the floor: unofficial (wtf?) But to it, I'll add (as nanner is often the last to know just about anything), what is the story behind the new username? :D

nanner
04-28-2012, 08:31 PM
Oh, and YES....Bowie as goblin king....ziggy....you name it = eternal LUST. *faints*

Jewels
04-29-2012, 01:48 AM
I would like to join the adventure.

AnnD
04-29-2012, 07:38 PM
Today, we went to our second Magic tournament of the weekend (*coughs* GEEKS!), and my first opponent - who was about 16 - was wearing a "Hello My Name Is . . . Inigo Montoya" shirt. I said, "How many times have you seen the movie?" He said with some pride in his voice, "Actually, three different times." I almost laughed in his poor little adolescent face. A of all, three "different" times? I would hope so. And Number B, what kind of fan can stop at three?!

Lovefroud
04-29-2012, 08:32 PM
Ann your suppose to applaud the lil feller for even knowing the movie exist and then show him some leg and say "now if you had watched it say 5 times you coulda had some of this!!! wink wink! and tactfully walk away or run to Jason laughing your ass off!! :wacko:

nanner
04-29-2012, 10:18 PM
Welcome, Jaybee and Jewels! Happy to have you.

Good point on the "who can watch just 3 times", Loves. Mere is going to have to hole up for a few days when her Netflix arrives. She can't let this tender young punkass outwatch her! (And please tell me you out-magic-ated him, Ann?!) :D

themuppet
04-29-2012, 10:26 PM
"Actually, three different times."

http://cl.jroo.me/z3/t/e/G/d/a.aaa-Bad-ass-meme.jpg

AnnD
04-29-2012, 10:32 PM
LMFAO!

And Lovefroud, that's hilarious. I kicked his ass, so no worries there. ;)

burningthirteen
04-30-2012, 12:03 AM
Why unofficial? WHY? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!

LMAO! I was wondering if anyone was going to pick up on that. I think that it is a little bit of my own psychosis. Don't get me wrong, I love the movie, and while I don't know how many times I have seen it I'm sure it is more than 3. Which I hear makes me either way cool or way lame in the underage geek crowd.

The thing is that I hate the concept of favorites. I am cool with having opinions, liking or disliking even loving or hating stuff. But having to pick a favorite of something, being the best of all there is to choose from is not something that i generally like doing. I mean, what if I forget about a movie that I like better or what about that other movie that was not a comedy but was really well done too.

So I try to stay away from favorites. Back in high school, I picked Blues Brothers as my official favorite movie and have stuck with it. That leaves me free to watch and enjoy lots of other movies without having to worry about favorites. So The Princess Bride is "unofficial" because Blues Brothers is my "Official" favorite movie. Even though it is a great movie that I have seen and enjoyed many times; and I've now written three paragraphs about why I used the term unofficial so I think I will stop now before I get dragged away in a straight jacket and banned from the interwebs.

burningthirteen
04-30-2012, 12:05 AM
13: what is the story behind the new username? :D

Not much, lots of changes in the past year or so and it was time to switch things up and be someone different, err well you get the idea.

AnnD
04-30-2012, 12:23 AM
This is an excellent answer, burningthirteenyot, and I think the only place you're getting dragged off to is the same place we're all going: The nearest screening of The Princess Bride.

SunTrade
04-30-2012, 12:27 AM
MMm I have never watch this movie. I will lurk for now, and maybe watch it .... probably will come back!

kentuckydakota
04-30-2012, 01:01 AM
Oh Maria- you're missing out! Run, rent- you will love it. (as long as you have a bit of nerd in you) :)

pixiecorpse
04-30-2012, 03:35 AM
My sister has that same tshirt hehe but she's watched it LOADS!!!!
Every now and then when she visits she says hello lady just like andre the giant! Makes me very happy!

AnnD
04-30-2012, 11:32 AM
Awww! Sweet sister!

pixiecorpse
04-30-2012, 12:25 PM
She won't be when she sees I've made more PB cards and they're not for her :wideeyed:

SunTrade
04-30-2012, 01:01 PM
OK I have the movie on my netflix next ... will comment soon!

pixiecorpse
04-30-2012, 01:16 PM
Oooohhhh I'm excited for you suntrade! Can't beat the first time ;)
Wish the kids hadn't bust the small dvd player or I'd be educating them too :D

meredithu
04-30-2012, 02:37 PM
ALAS- my little red envie has arrived, NOW I cannot come back here until I watch it- for me it's like being on the outside of a grandiose inside joke...since I know nothing!!

I'm still laughing anyhow.

nanner
04-30-2012, 07:12 PM
:jiggy: mere!!! :jiggy: I'm so dang excited for you!!! SunTrade, we expect a full report (and joining) when yours arrives. Oh, and you'll need to watch it a minimum of four times, as that seems to be the lowest bar we can handle at this point.

13: I dig those details. AND I love that Blues Bros. is your official fave. Three Orange Whips for the person who hosts THAT swap, cuz that is another Top 5. Oh, and totally agreed on the whole "favorite" thing. I replaced that word with "top 5" a while back and now can just avoid naming names.

mupps: :notworthy:

pixie, does your sis have an art gene? I am about to suggest she join the site/swap herself (and keep her grubby mitts off your PB art this go round)...but if she arts anything like my sister, then never mind. :dull:

SunTrade
04-30-2012, 08:43 PM
Well you really got me exited. It had pretty good reviews on Netflix, and it should be here this week. Go ahead and sign me up in case you get full, but I have to watch the movie first before making the cards!

pixiecorpse
05-01-2012, 03:22 AM
She's more collage than hd, she's made an amazing felt kindle case with the triforce symbol from zelda on it its fabaroony!
I tried to tweet her the link and sent her my swap instead hehe but she. Said she's coming to look at least... She could be watching us right now :wideeyed:

pixiecorpse
05-01-2012, 03:26 AM
Is anyone else waiting with baited breath for mere and suntrades verdict, its almost like one of those westerns with the tumble weed blowing by...or maybe that's just me :D

AnnD
05-01-2012, 08:01 AM
I'm excited for their reactions, too. I almost had to watch last night, but my son had just gone to bed, and I knew if he heard the movie start up, there'd be hell to pay.

pixiecorpse
05-01-2012, 08:51 AM
Oh yes! Gretch is like that with harry potter! But hooray hubbys out this evening so we're going to watch PB tonight woop!

nanner
05-01-2012, 02:00 PM
Adding you now, Sun Trade. Nice to see peer pressure still holds some weight around here! :biglaugh:

Cat's Cradle
05-01-2012, 02:02 PM
You can't throw me to the ROUS's. They don't exist. (Sign me up.)

Cat's Cradle
05-01-2012, 02:05 PM
I think you watching WWF because of Andre is a better reason than why I started watching it, for the eye candy hehe)
Mmmm goblin king or sweet westley
Goblin King, definitely. Especially during the "Dance, Baby, Dance" sequence. :wideeyed:

Cat's Cradle
05-01-2012, 02:07 PM
ALAS- my little red envie has arrived, NOW I cannot come back here until I watch it- for me it's like being on the outside of a grandiose inside joke...since I know nothing!!

I'm still laughing anyhow.

Well you really got me exited. It had pretty good reviews on Netflix, and it should be here this week. Go ahead and sign me up in case you get full, but I have to watch the movie first before making the cards!
The waiting on the little red box is why we have Netflix streaming. I WILL be watching TPB again before making my cards.

Never gamble with a Sicilian when death is on the line! *hurk* (falls over)

nanner
05-01-2012, 02:13 PM
About time you got here, kitty. :D

pixiecorpse
05-01-2012, 02:23 PM
we're watching it again now :D
thought id lost the dvd but its ok i found it woo!
the kids think its batman....hmmmm

meredithu
05-01-2012, 02:43 PM
It's a PB-A-Thon...I got my critters down for a nap and I am about to pop in the movie.
Which means I have to log off here and actually GO watch it.

I can't hold my breath around here, one tiny slice of silence to watch a movie only lasts so long...

pixiecorpse
05-01-2012, 02:47 PM
I wish mine were in bed too they won't stop asking questions!

Lovefroud
05-02-2012, 10:46 AM
Well Mere........we're waiting....anybody want a peanut???

meredithu
05-02-2012, 10:56 AM
It was hilarious!! I cannot believe the healer guy is Billy Crystal. I kept saying to myself, no..it cannot be him, but that voice! It must be him.
Soo funny. Those mustaches in the movie too- oh Wesley, it's like a little rats tail they glued to his upper lip. SOOO funny!

I just realized I have 6 fingers on my right hand!!!!!!!!!

Now where to begin with cards?? A person could literally do about 50 cards dedicated soley to PB characters and scenes.

pixiecorpse
05-02-2012, 11:04 AM
Yay! She loves it!!!!
I know what you mean! I'd finished my 4 cards plus the 2 for ADJs swap and then after watching it again last night I thought ooh that would make an awesome card...
On the subject of my cards I'll back them tonight and post to the thread...I'm not 100% sure about them all 1s definitely a keeper and anothers a strong possibility but the other 2...I'm just not sure o_O

kentuckydakota
05-02-2012, 11:05 AM
Yay! The reaction we were hoping for! Has anyone else been coveting the Miracle Max T-shirt on think geek? http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts-apparel/unisex/popculture/e570/

meredithu
05-02-2012, 11:09 AM
HAHA!! *Lifts Wesley's dead arm* "I've seen worse."

I want to watch it again!!

Lovefroud
05-02-2012, 11:25 AM
:):):)

pixiecorpse
05-02-2012, 11:33 AM
Me too! I want to watch it though without the kids this time! Had ted throwing cushions and trying to sling himself off the sofa and george just running laps in the living room! At least gretch sat still and watched it.
I did find robin hood men in tights at the same time so we might have to go for a cary elwes overload :D

Ps that tshirt is awesome!!!!

Cat's Cradle
05-02-2012, 12:53 PM
Well Mere........we're waiting....anybody want a peanut???
No more rhymes now! I mean it!

Cat's Cradle
05-02-2012, 12:55 PM
Yay! The reaction we were hoping for! Has anyone else been coveting the Miracle Max T-shirt on think geek? http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts-apparel/unisex/popculture/e570/
That shirt is awesome! Must bug the hubby to get me one. Or five.

nanner
05-02-2012, 01:38 PM
Mere, my heart swoons! Welcome to the cult. (Okay, at first I typed "welcome to the clut, and that sounded like I was calling you something terrible. I'M the clut here. Ha!)

The Max T-shirt is HIGH-larious. I just love creative people!

AnnD
05-02-2012, 03:46 PM
Love that shirt! I want one that says "The Queen of Putrescence." :D

Meredith, I am so happy you are FINALLY in the club! Or the clut. You know. Whichever.

pixiecorpse, yes, watch it again when you can actually watch it!

pixiecorpse
05-02-2012, 04:11 PM
I will!
I've popped the potentials in my gallery, you can be as brutal as you like just don't put me on the machine! :D

Bruised
05-02-2012, 08:34 PM
I would love to play!

nanner
05-03-2012, 04:23 AM
W E L C O M E ! Bruised! You are a pizza artist who wants to play in Princess Bride. And I work in a pizza shop and am excited to have you here! Kismet!!!

meredithu
05-03-2012, 09:00 AM
Nanner- you had a name change??

pixiecorpse
05-03-2012, 09:58 AM
Wow good eyes mere! I didn't even notice when I popped in earlier...

goodmorningstarshine
05-03-2012, 03:25 PM
Holy moley, she's right? Not nuttynanner. Wow. I guess if you're just going to be nanner you should be "Nanner". Punctuation and all that.

Cat's Cradle
05-03-2012, 04:02 PM
Just realized I'm gonna be at a GS sleepover Friday without access to the Internets.....:arghh: Maybe I can get PB on my Fire before I go....:wideeyed:

pixiecorpse
05-03-2012, 04:52 PM
oh no Cat's hope to see you on the other side of that one!!!!

nanner
05-03-2012, 08:16 PM
We all know I am waaay too serious of a person to have labeled myself with "nutty". Hahahahahahah...hiccup....:dull:.

Yeah, Loves, I think the name just evolved and stuck with just "nanner" I haven't even signed art with the "nutty" in ages. Gonna keep it lower case though, cuz I just like the way that looks. But thanks for being a stickler for me, Starshine! Mwah!

Starryeyes: I am digging your weekend plans already! :idea:

goodmorningstarshine
05-03-2012, 08:44 PM
I am nothing if not a stickler. I hope you don't mind, but I shall continue to call you "Nanner". ;)

Nanner: the best head of any unwelcoming committee. Ever.

FlyingPhoenix
05-03-2012, 08:50 PM
Ok...how Awesome/Geeky/Strange is this?!:

Was playing Fallout: New Vegas (current game obsession that has flowed into my artwork and writing...but I digress) with my "Courier", Aime wandering the Mojave Wasteland...no big deal.

UNTIL I had her wander into a cave to check it out and got attacked by -No Joke- R.O.U.S.'s and they were even labeled as such! They are even twice the size of other rats in the game. I about died laughing as Aime fought them off using a fire ax. (Kinda want to draw this now XD ) Sometimes I think the game designers are brilliant with an awesome sense of humor! LOL

"I'll never survive..." - Buttercup
"Nonsense. You only say never because no one ever has!" - Wesley

nanner
05-03-2012, 09:04 PM
R.O.U.S's SPOTTED = THAT IS HIGHLARIOUS!!!

:biglaugh: LOVE it! Perfect timing, too. You are fire axtastic for sharing!

Starshine, you are most unwelcome anytime, my love!!! :D

sometomato
05-03-2012, 09:53 PM
Once again, nanners' swap provides me with very entertaining reading, making me LOL over and over again. I haven't even started thinking about my PB cards and I am totally engrossed with everyone's progress. (Oh, to be watching PB for the first time again!)

When my son was small and we watched the movie together he always hid behind the sofa and peered out during the scary moments (like the ROUSes and the Fire Swamp). Now that he is turning 30 he thinks this is the best swap yet!

Cat's Cradle
05-03-2012, 10:09 PM
Love the stories about watching movies with kids. Though my kids wuv to imitate the pwiest fowah days on end after a PB viewing.

FlyingPhoenix
05-03-2012, 11:03 PM
...yeah. That idea didn't leave me alone... (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=299682)(though I'm not gonna submit this to the swap though as it's a crossover and my own character).

Still rolling over it though. LOL! I'm hoping to start on my cards this weekend (after watching it again!) It's one of those movies that I quote for days.

Cat's Cradle
05-03-2012, 11:17 PM
Your R.O.U.S. card made me smile. Nice.

I may get to watch PB tomorrow night after all. Amazon Prime has it available to rent! (for Kindle Fire)

pixiecorpse
05-04-2012, 03:39 AM
Oh I'm not cool enough to look at your picture flyingpheonix!
...Story of my life....

Did I tell you I have cards up in my gallery if anyones interested :dull:

FlyingPhoenix
05-04-2012, 06:48 AM
Awesome Cards PixieCorpse!

...wonder why...? I put it in the "Adult" Category as there are some sensitive to violence (Safe than sorry, I guess).

This (http://collegekid.deviantart.com/art/Aime-Vrs-R-O-U-S-299916395) is another link to it on my dA.

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/310/9/3/murdered_by_pirates____by_collegekid-d4fb19g.png

pixiecorpse
05-04-2012, 08:45 AM
Ahhhh makes sense now! I need to be in the adult art group I think then I can enter that magical world filled with boobies and blood! I better go sign up and dive right in!
Awwww thanks for looking :D cocked up westley real nice but the other 3 I like!

pixiecorpse
05-04-2012, 08:50 AM
Ps aime is kicking butt!

kentuckydakota
05-04-2012, 10:15 AM
Great cards Pixie- I love how you put their key phrases on too in diff fonts. Looks great and brings back all the memories from the movie. Note to self: Remember to do that when making cards

AnnD
05-04-2012, 12:10 PM
I absolutely LOVE that Wallace Shawn card, pixiecorpse! *Fans self with nearest piece of junk mail*

pixiecorpse
05-04-2012, 12:19 PM
Thank you for the lovely compliments!
Just need to make 1 more and they're ready to roll :D

nanner
05-04-2012, 01:15 PM
Way to start the swappage off with some supreme dreams, pixiestix! Those are grand!

pixiecorpse
05-04-2012, 01:42 PM
Awww thanks nanner! Ooh I've never been called pixiestix before I like it :D

nanner
05-04-2012, 07:56 PM
Well, I like the sugar high I get off your pixiestix sweet-and-sour mix! So there. :P

pixiecorpse
05-05-2012, 07:06 AM
Oh so do I! Sends me a bit bandy tho and then when I crash its not pretty! Handy having lots of kids parties to go to though for a pixiestix fix :D

FlyingPhoenix
05-05-2012, 07:35 AM
LOL! My hubby and I throw Pixie Sticks into our Kool-aid. Talk about a sugar rush!

...the crash isn't fun though.

pixiecorpse
05-05-2012, 07:47 AM
Ooh I never thought about doing that....I usually empty a load in a cup and do it that way the stix are a pain in the bum!
I should remember I can just buy the pixie dust in a bag from the shop near our house instead of messing with the stix!

nanner
05-05-2012, 08:46 PM
There's something about holding a handful of the stix in your mitts, tho. The pre-sugar high high!

Lovefroud
05-07-2012, 01:02 PM
I know I get all weeee!!

Cat's Cradle
05-07-2012, 01:19 PM
Ever wonder why parents hide the Pixi Stix from the kiddos? So the 'rents can have their sugar-high party after the kiddos go to bed!! :spinny:

kristinized
05-07-2012, 02:12 PM
I'm sorry, but I need to withdraw. :(

nanner
05-07-2012, 10:18 PM
Sorry to see you head off to never neverland, K.

Raingirl
05-07-2012, 11:44 PM
Please sign me up. Anybody got a peanut?

Raingirl
05-07-2012, 11:49 PM
OOps disn't realize swap was full. If there is a waiting list, please add me to it. Thanks much.

SunTrade
05-08-2012, 12:06 AM
Well my movie came today!!!!!!!!!!! Hope fully I will have the chance to watch it tomorrow night!

SunTrade
05-08-2012, 12:09 AM
Is anyone else waiting with baited breath for mere and suntrades verdict, its almost like one of those westerns with the tumble weed blowing by...or maybe that's just me :D

LOL I have not been here!

Deblit
05-08-2012, 12:27 AM
Oh but I AM Left-Handed.
Here are mine. Hope you like.
Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles

Oh, what I wouldn't give for a holocaust cloak.

First things first, to the death.

ColorFly
05-08-2012, 12:30 AM
Great job, djl1050! You really got their likenesses!

kentuckydakota
05-08-2012, 03:05 AM
LOVE them! Inigo is my fave!

pixiecorpse
05-08-2012, 05:52 AM
They are fantastic djl!!!!!

meredithu
05-08-2012, 12:24 PM
LOVE THOSE!!

nanner
05-08-2012, 01:50 PM
WOWZERS! Those are supremeo fantastico!!! Left-handedness is definitely working for you, there dear! :jiggy:

Welcome, Raingirl! We had a drop and that empty chair has been waiting or YOU!

Sunny...get thee to your tv! And tell us all about it...

pixiecorpse
05-08-2012, 03:29 PM
Must redo fourth card! Think I'll not try to make westley again :D

nanner
05-09-2012, 03:38 AM
I can see it now P-stix...next we'll have the CONCEIVABLE swap...those that were intended to be Westley, but more resembled Walkin! Ha!

pixiecorpse
05-09-2012, 03:51 AM
I was sat staring at it last night wondering who it looks like! :biglaugh: so glad we've got you nanner to help with enlightenment :D but I was a little productive and almost have no4 all done, I went with peter cook :D

SunTrade
05-09-2012, 12:08 PM
:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: Now I know why this swap starts with the word inconceivable! I finally watched last night. Soooo 80s ! But it was kind of fun. This movie could be in artdyjunque freaky films category!

I really loved the photography in the movie ... now up to make my cards!

pixiecorpse
05-09-2012, 12:23 PM
Yay!!! And your right I did 2 pb cards for ADJs swap :D

SunTrade
05-09-2012, 01:06 PM
Oh but I AM Left-Handed.
Here are mine. Hope you like.
Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles

Oh, what I wouldn't give for a holocaust cloak.

First things first, to the death.

Awesome! I could not believe that old man was Billy Crystal! He was one of my favorite actors!

pixiecorpse
05-09-2012, 01:27 PM
I like max's wife, I liked her in scrooged too she makes me happy :D

Cat's Cradle
05-09-2012, 05:33 PM
"Don't call me a witch!"
"Humperdink! Humperdink! Humperdink!"
"Auuuuugh!!"

pixiecorpse
05-09-2012, 05:53 PM
Teehee! :D

Lovefroud
05-09-2012, 08:48 PM
carol kane is amazing! love her!

SunTrade
05-09-2012, 09:22 PM
I think my favorite character was the giant!

burningthirteen
05-10-2012, 12:45 AM
Fesic! Are there rocks ahead?

FlyingPhoenix
05-10-2012, 08:10 AM
Fesic! Are there rocks ahead?

If there are, we'll all be dead!

nanner
05-10-2012, 08:04 PM
:biglaugh:

burningthirteen
05-10-2012, 10:32 PM
If there are, we'll all be dead!
No more rhymes now I mean it!

FlyingPhoenix
05-10-2012, 10:54 PM
No more rhymes now I mean it!

Anybody want a peanut?

pixiecorpse
05-11-2012, 02:12 AM
Tee hee! :biglaugh:

SunTrade
05-11-2012, 01:20 PM
Here are mine. Hope you like them! They are stills from the movie ... and I just noticed I made 5? Which ones do I send ????

nanner
05-11-2012, 01:27 PM
Coolness, Sunny! I dig that even Grandpa made in into the art. Def send him, Inigo, Max and the couples. Oh, wait...that's all five. Great work, hun!

pixiecorpse
05-11-2012, 01:44 PM
Wooooooo! They are fan flippy tastic!!!!!

pixiecorpse
05-11-2012, 04:57 PM
here he is :D

burningthirteen
05-11-2012, 05:35 PM
here he is :D

Great cards Sunny and Pix. I was thinking of making a priestly card too, but am undecided as there are so many good characters from the movie (that I got a copy of in the mail today, so I now own it, again).

"Mawidge, Mawidge is wah bwings us dogedder tooday"

pixiecorpse
05-11-2012, 05:44 PM
hehe thank you! I need to buy it again too and labyrinyth and goonies and dark crystal....oh the list goes on and on and on

nanner
05-11-2012, 06:01 PM
Twoo wuv for that card, pixie. And twoo dat, 13...so many great characters to wuv!

SunTrade
05-11-2012, 06:04 PM
Thanks! That priest was funny, I could not understand a thing!

pixiecorpse
05-11-2012, 06:06 PM
hehe my 3yo has a little lisp not so pronounced so its a bit easier for me to understand hehe

thanks nanner! better request your address so they can be on their merry way :D

nanner
05-11-2012, 06:57 PM
Chew got it, pmmmmming you now...

meredithu
05-11-2012, 07:53 PM
Pixi and Sun- awesome!!!!!! Something to get the fire under me to get going on these!

pixiecorpse
05-12-2012, 11:41 AM
Thanks mere! Can't wait to see everyone elses :D
Westley got booked at last minute to open a supermarket as a christopher walken lookalike and missed the others sneaking off for a once in a lifetime trip to nannerland!
He's sulking in a corner now but the rest are having drinks on the plane so expect them rowdy by the time they get there :D

AnnD
05-12-2012, 11:44 AM
Hahaha! I think Nanner likes 'em that way. :D

pixiecorpse
05-12-2012, 11:50 AM
Hehe I just got a dirty look from my 5 yo for giggling then! Totally worth it!

nanner
05-13-2012, 02:22 PM
I think we ALL need more cowbell for this one!

nanner
05-15-2012, 03:02 PM
SunTrade-tastic Maria! Your cards are here! Girl, two extras?! You are twooo kind!! :jiggy:

AnnD
05-16-2012, 07:56 PM
Oooh! Lucky nanner!

Deblit
05-16-2012, 08:10 PM
Cards are in the mail!

nanner
05-16-2012, 09:14 PM
Thanks for the update. I just looove anticipating the art mail!

Speaking of which, Pixie-babes...your beautimous arts are here in my hot little mitts! THANK YOU for the extra for the luckiest duck we all call ME!

pixiecorpse
05-17-2012, 02:00 AM
Yay! So glad they came straight to you and didn't try to hook up with the stewardesses on the plane :D

nanner
05-17-2012, 02:34 PM
Hmmm...don't speak too soon. While we could have expected Inigo to be Mile-High material, it's Vizzini with the lipstick on his collar. Go figure! :biglaugh:

pixiecorpse
05-17-2012, 02:45 PM
Hehe its always the ones you least expect! :D

burningthirteen
05-17-2012, 07:24 PM
My cards are completed (http://burningthirteen.com/2012/05/inconceivable-princess-bride-atc-swap/) and in the mail. It was hard choosing which of the great characters to draw.

nanner
05-17-2012, 08:09 PM
!!!

A NOBLE CAUSE!
(And a tie in exceptionally drawn and wonderfully written! Great blog.) So well done, Humperdinck wants to steal YOU instead!

kentuckydakota
05-18-2012, 01:33 AM
Oh gosh! Great cards B-13 ! Just captured them all and the descriptions are terrific! The bars set pretty high for this swap y'all!

pixiecorpse
05-18-2012, 02:28 AM
WOW!!!! AWESOME!!!!
Better duck and cover when AnnD sees Vizzini!
And there's nothing better than waking up to see sweet westley :D

ColorFly
05-18-2012, 03:01 AM
Nice job, burningthirteen!

Mouseit
05-18-2012, 07:15 AM
OMG... I just came in to see what sort of cards have been created TPB being one of my very favorite movies and yes I own a copy in fact I own two copies..LOL one on video and one on CD.. and yes I umm *hangs head* have watched it a might more many times than 3...LOL.....

I find all this fun in here....it makes me what to shout..
LIAR!! LIAR!!!!.................he's only mostly dead.....LOL

And like many of you I have quite a collection from the movie in my vocabulary.... not my fault I assure you.....

so ...AS...................You............Wish....... .......I will be watching to see the creative art (seeing the swap is full)

Have fun folks....and I am sure I know who the dread pirate Roberts is.. heehee...but I am not telling!

nanner
05-18-2012, 01:48 PM
Awesome of you to stop by, Mouseit. You can be an honorary member of this die-hard fan club for sure!

lisacotton
05-18-2012, 10:13 PM
Sorry guys, something came up, and I'm afraid I'm going to have to drop out :(

Hope everyone has a great swap!

Jewels
05-18-2012, 10:54 PM
I'm sorry but I also have to drop out. Maybe Mouseit can fit in now.

Mouseit
05-19-2012, 07:09 AM
Inconceivable!... heehee I think there is one or two in front of me yet... and I don't know if I could fit it in even... I am happy just lurking and laughing....

AnnD
05-19-2012, 11:21 AM
Dear burningthirteen:

Drop. Your. Markers. Those are amazing! The perspective and the look of determination on W's face in the first one make me a little swoony. Okay, a lot swoony, but why are we getting so technical?!

pixiecorpse, you're right about the Vizzini card, too. I gave a little squee as soon as I saw him!

pixiecorpse
05-19-2012, 12:30 PM
I know what you mean I sit for hours looking at all the cards I've got done in markers I know I'd make a royal hash of it but just can't stop looking in awe at them :D

;) thought you'd like it AnnD :D

ArtDuJunque
05-19-2012, 12:59 PM
First card complete

BEWARE!!!!

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7077/7227947846_bb59423039_m.jpg

kentuckydakota
05-19-2012, 01:02 PM
OOH- scary! R.O.U.S.? I don't think they exhist. :)

pixiecorpse
05-19-2012, 02:31 PM
That is a very scary R.O.U.S!!!!!

ArtDuJunque
05-19-2012, 11:17 PM
Not done with the background yet, bit here is Wesley as The Dread Pirate Roberts
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8003/7230941626_34125bfb48_m.jpg

pixiecorpse
05-20-2012, 02:39 AM
Wooooo! Gorgeous!!!!

burningthirteen
05-20-2012, 01:12 PM
Great Dread Pirate Roberts ArtDuJunque! Masks are terribly comfortable. I think everyone will be wearing them in the future.

nanner
05-20-2012, 03:48 PM
Sorry to see you vaminos, lisa and jewels. Thanks for the notice. We have room for you mouse, if you decide to play! :yes:

LOVING the awesome arts, ArtDJ! :notworthy:

@13: Ha! So many great lines, I'd forgotten how much I love that one.

Mouseit
05-20-2012, 05:53 PM
Thanks for the invite Nanner, but I am thinking I would not do it justice, so will continue to just laugh with everyone's antics in here....the art is amazing!

AnnD
05-21-2012, 09:48 AM
I love that line, too. Hahahahaha!

Great cards, ADJ!

SunTrade
05-21-2012, 12:07 PM
I'm scared!

nanner
05-21-2012, 07:10 PM
STUNNERS here from djl1050! Deborah, they are fabulous. Thank you for the extra, I will cherish it!

BEAUTIES here from burningthirtheen! J, you rocked them. Thank you for the extra for this lucky ducky host!

You two made for a thrilling mailbox moment!!!

nanner
05-24-2012, 12:02 PM
I've gotten so far as to 1) get the bristol out 2) sharpen the pencil and 3) leave them sitting on the table for two days. About to get jiggy with PB...

pixiecorpse
05-24-2012, 03:39 PM
woo! excited for you nanner!

messmaker
05-25-2012, 09:18 PM
awwwwwwww... school's out and i want a fun swap to join. poop. so what else is new around here?

nanner
05-26-2012, 11:07 AM
MESSY!!!!! Squee to infinity!!!! SO awesome to see you up in here, up in here!!

meredithu
05-26-2012, 11:11 AM
I have been holding my PB dvd hostage from netflix. So tonights the night- the night to get my PB art on!! Let's cross our fingers here!!

nanner
05-26-2012, 11:13 AM
Oh, Mere...I am SO EXCITED FOR YOU! This is us in a jiggy dance conga line of excitement:

:jiggy: :jiggy: :jiggy: :elvis: :jiggy:

meredithu
05-26-2012, 11:14 AM
Affirmative- thats me second from right! *WINK

pixiecorpse
05-26-2012, 11:14 AM
Yay! Hostages!!! Go mere!!!!!

nanner
05-26-2012, 11:20 AM
:biglaugh: HIGHlarious!!!

meredithu
05-29-2012, 07:26 PM
Cards have left the building!!!!!!

nanner
05-29-2012, 07:29 PM
Mere, those are sooooooooo awesomesauce! I can't even pick a favorite. SO good!

And how about that movie report? Did you go from zero to PB addict or what? :D

meredithu
05-29-2012, 07:30 PM
PB addict fo sho!!!!!!!!!!!!

nanner
05-29-2012, 07:35 PM
YESH!

pixiecorpse
05-31-2012, 04:20 PM
they are AWESOME Mere!

nanner
05-31-2012, 09:11 PM
And they are HERE MERE! Even tastier in person, I might add! THANK YOU for the extra. I'll need Max to work a miracle to choose just one!

ColorFly
06-01-2012, 12:04 AM
Here are mine! Inigo, The Grandson, The Six-Fingered Man, Valerie

nanner
06-01-2012, 06:59 PM
Great choices and great work, ColorFly! Woot! Sending my addy to your PM box now! :jiggy:

meredithu
06-01-2012, 07:31 PM
Nice job here Colorfly!!

ColorFly
06-01-2012, 09:07 PM
Thanks for your addy! I was going to ask for it eventually.....

Raingirl
06-02-2012, 12:35 AM
In the mail today!

pixiecorpse
06-02-2012, 01:43 AM
Wow Colorfly and Raingirl! Those are some fantastico cards!!!!!

ArtDuJunque
06-02-2012, 11:44 AM
Here are my last two.
"as you wish" and "anybody want a peanut?"
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5448/7239000904_d18cd3bc43_m.jpghttp://farm8.staticflickr.com/7094/7320874422_0917458a71_m.jpg

meredithu
06-02-2012, 01:10 PM
Raingirl and ArtDu- FAB WORK!!!!!!!!

pixiecorpse
06-02-2012, 01:13 PM
Adj! They are awesome!!!!

nanner
06-02-2012, 08:53 PM
Beautimous maximus work, people!!! :shocked:

meredithu
06-03-2012, 10:52 AM
Beautimous maximus- might have to scarf that one and use it myself!!

Russell
06-04-2012, 07:02 AM
Mine are done - just waiting for an address...

AnnD
06-04-2012, 11:26 AM
They look so good, Russell!

And how have I missed all this other amazing work, too?!

Look at you inspiring all the awesome artz, Nannernopants!

pixiecorpse
06-04-2012, 12:47 PM
Hehe nannernopants! That made me titter!

Ooh Russel they are wicked awesome!!!!

nanner
06-04-2012, 01:36 PM
Russell...addy is in your inbox. And art is AWESOME! Those are fantastico!!!

nanner
06-04-2012, 01:39 PM
I may not have pants (like I like! :D), but I did finish my Brideys this weekend. Wooty woot!

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/1144/medium/1_six_fingers.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/1144/medium/2_buttercup.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/1144/medium/1_inigo.jpg

ColorFly
06-04-2012, 01:42 PM
Wow, Russell and nanner; awesome artwork!

pixiecorpse
06-04-2012, 02:14 PM
Love that buttercups got wesley in a heart! They are fantabulous nanner!!!

Russell
06-04-2012, 02:22 PM
Nanner, your art always impresses me! Great cards.

AnnD
06-04-2012, 07:13 PM
OMG, that "True Love" card makes me SWOONY, Nan!

nanner
06-04-2012, 07:38 PM
Thanks, Loves! That makes me feel like $1 million. Not to be missed: the chesty hairs on Inigo (:biglaugh:), I crack myself up...:dull:

SunTrade
06-04-2012, 08:52 PM
OMG Amazing cards! I want them ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

meredithu
06-04-2012, 09:20 PM
Pants or no pants- youse guys are rocking!! *best WI accent I can muster.

themuppet
06-04-2012, 10:11 PM
Nanner! Those are fantastic! <3 I love Inigo's curly chest hairs!

ArtDuJunque
06-04-2012, 10:29 PM
Nan i <3 inigo! Wunderbar!

rapa
06-05-2012, 04:20 PM
They're all awesome cards! I'll be mailing mine out this week!

ArtDuJunque
06-05-2012, 07:01 PM
Mine went out thismorning!

nanner
06-05-2012, 10:18 PM
Thanks for the updates, Lovelies! Excited to have them in my hot little hands.

And HOLY SHIZZNET ALERT! Dear swappers, Rapa may not have mentioned that her cards are in her gallery but 1) her cards are in her gallery and 2) THEY ARE AMAZING!!! :notworthy:

ColorFly
06-05-2012, 11:33 PM
Whoa, you ain't kidding nanner...awesome cards, rapa! Your Westly is perfect; you got his expression down spot on!

kentuckydakota
06-06-2012, 02:38 AM
Those are some might awesome cards girl! That Miracle Max is amazing!

pixiecorpse
06-06-2012, 02:38 AM
Wow! Rapa they are amazing!
I think there's going to be a fight for westleys affections, and I think its only fitting to set up a wrestling event in honour of andre :D

nanner
06-06-2012, 01:16 PM
Wrassling or a Battle of Wits!