Pages : [1] 2

Vicki Z
04-28-2012, 12:46 PM
Marvelous Mermaids and Mermaid Mishaps - Due July 13, 2012
Signup/Withdraw Date: Friday the 13th or July 13, 2012
Number of Cards: 3 for 3 or 6 for 6
Number of Participants: Unlimited

RETURNS MAILED 7/17

For those of you who know me, I am a Mermaid Maniac.
Fortunately, I am not alone. There are so many people who love Mermaids, whether the mermaids be fat ones, skinny ones, tall ones, or short ones. Mermaids with traditional tails like fish, or with long striped tails like snakes, or with short curled tails like seashells. Mermaids with single tails, or Mermaids with double tails like the Starbucks icon. I love Mermaids in all types and nationalities. African Mermaids, Asian Mermaids, and don't forget the Selkies of Scotland.

Merfolk are intuitive creatures and highly intelligent. They can "read" people by looking at them and by watching their body language. They have a deep understanding of humans, and human weakness, drawn from many Selkies having lived the life of wives of human husbands for hundres of years.

Legend tells us that the Siren song, based on observations of the sailor, and filled with words and melodies that stimulate the most basic of desires, evokes memories of home, longings of lost love, and tales of dreams un-fufilled, the stuff of which will drive a person to follow the siren song, usually to their doom.

Mermaids are depicted as human from the waist up, with a beautiful, often irridescent, fish tail from the waist down. Their hair under water comes in a wide range of naturally occurring oceanic colours; black, dark green through pale green, turquoise, blue, lavender, white, and silver. Some pictures of mermaids out of water show blond hair, but that may be the sun reflected on their natural hair color. Merfolk come in male (mermen) female (mermaids) and neuter genders (mer), and include merbabies, merchildren mercats, merdogs, mer-horses (better known as hippocampus), and any other mercritter your heart desires, although it seems fewer folks are interested in drawing beyond mermaids.

Your Merfolk can be whimsical or realistic.
Your Mermaids can be drop dead gorgeous or they can be evil, ugly, and fanged. Or even drop dead gorgeous AND fanged.
Mermaids can be topless or covered. So can the Mermen, as far as that goes.
Your mermaids can be swimming or sunning or singing, or taking in the sunset while combing their hair.
They can be babysitting merchildren, or watching humans, or lusting after sailors.
Clearly these are "normal" Mermaid pastimes, so how about we have some diversity here!!!
I think it might be fun to think outside the box and do something different.
So I have set up this challenge.

CHALLENGE:
*Anyone who come up with an ATC with at least one Mermaid/Merman having some type of Merfolk Mishap, or clearly having a bad day, among their submitted ATCs, will receive an "extra" card back with their returns. *

This can be a simple as a Mermaid having a bad hair day, or being "honored" with a present from a fly-by-bird.
Your card could depict Merchildren's hippocampus losing a merhorse shoe, or someone can try to ride a too-small-seahorse-steed.
Perhaps Mermom is going to the store to buy lobster for supper, but she left her checkbook at home.
What happens when one seashell on the Prom Bra cracks, and has to be replaced before that hot date shows up with a sea urchin corsage?
Do Merfolk cry (under water) when the wrong color is used when having ones fins polished, or having one's hair done?
And who gets more upset - mermom or merkid - when the merpet disappears?
Oh, don't forget the mishaps associated with the losing at Clam Poker or StingRay Roulette.

Again, please note that you do not HAVE TO make a mermaid having a mishap,
but this swap is due on Friday the 13th, so DAH!!!! I want to challenge you, and hopefully it will be fun.

We all like inpriration and to see what others are doing, so if you would like to post your pictures, here is a simple explaination as to how to do so:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18536

* This is a 3 for 3 or 6 for 6 card trade. Make 3 or 6 cards and receive the same number back (plus an extra if you qualify - see above*).

* Any theme, any medium. This means ALL mediums and styles are welcome. Beautiful mixed media cards are welcome. Please make sure you add some depth to your cards. Your mediums can include, but are not limited to: paper, tissue paper, crayon, acrylic, watercolor, gel pens, colored pencil, rubber stamping, ink, newspaper clippings, magazine clippings, etc. All I ask is that you send in your best work. Something you would not be disappointed in receiving if it was sent to you.

* Please make sure to package your cards securely and confirm there is enough postage on the envelope.

* If you are unsure about mailing ATCs, or just may want to pick up some good tips for shipping, here is a great link.
http://atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=909

* If you are inside the U.S., please include a Self Addressed Stamped Envelope 4 by 9 1/2 inches, plus 45 cents postage, or one "Forever" stamp if trading 3 cards, OR 65 cents postage or two "Forever" stamps if trading 6 cards, OR if your cards are extra heavy. Please put the Swap name and your Username on the back of your mailing envelope, return envelope, and on all cards. And please write clearly on everything!

* International participants, I will cover your postage. Please include a self addressed envelope 4 by 9 1/2 inches (10 cm x 28 cm), or if you do not have the correct size envelope, please include a large mailing label with your address and I will provide the envelope.

Please put your username and Swap Name on the back of your mailing envelope, return envelope if sent, and on all cards. And please write clearly on everything!

* I apologize for being so demanding about the envelope size, but the postal rates in the US charge extra for thickness. When cards are stacked, or overlapped, in (a smaller) envelope, it almost always costs more to mail. When I use the 9 1/2 inch business size envelopes, I can spread the cards over the area, making a THIN package, and only pay for normal postage.

* Cards are due to me by July 13, 2012. Please allow sufficient lead time for cards to get to me, particularly if you are an International participant. itrader ratings will be given when I receive your cards. Returns will be mailed promptly. Late cards will be traded with other late cards, or returned, as it is unfair to those participants who always have their cards in early or on time.

* Remember: We all want to be able to know who to give rep points back to. So, do not forget to put your username and swap name on the back of each card!

* An extra ATC in this theme is appreciated but not at all expected!

* Thank you for considering this swap! If you have my address from previous swaps, it hasn't changed. If you are new, or have not been in one of my swaps for a while, I’ll PM you with my address when you sign up!

* Above all ~Have fun!!!

David Delamare is my favorite mermaid aritist.
If you are not familiar with his art,
check out his website below:
http://www.daviddelamare.com/origmer.html
or for some FIN-TAS-TIC eye candy, check this out.
https://www.google.si/search?q=merfolk&hl=sl&client=firefox-a&sa=X&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&ei=-k3WT9aTIqbj4QS-y9WUAw&ved=0CGgQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=816

Additional Information on Merfolk
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mermaid
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mermaids_in_popular_culture
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feejee_Mermaid
http://www.santharia.com/races/mermaids.htm

Marvelous Mermaids and Mermaid Mishaps - Due July 13, 2012

*1. djl1050 - it - Received 5/04
*2. Nightvamp - it - Received 5/14 * THE NETHERLANDS
*3. sunkissed - it - Received 5/14
*/. son_in_aquarius - WITHDREW
*4. Jennie - it - Received 5/29
*5. beyondshay - it - Received 7/13
*6. Gerry - it - Received 6/19 * UNITED KINGDOM
*7. pixiecorpse - it - Received 6/08 * UNITED KINGDOM
*8. Mikesatc - it - Received 5/11
*//. jmallory-welch - WITHDREW
*9. Onaki - it - Received 6/08
*//. Snowariginal - WITHDREW
10. art_junkie - it - Received 5/14
*11. carnival - it Received 6/29 * UNITED KINGDOM
*12. jaybeeyell - it - Received 7/09
*13. Vicki Z - Received 5/13
14. flyingpigs24 - it - Received 5/05 * CANADA
*//. Claudzie - WITHDREW
*15. Liss - it - Received 7/02

DUE TO SYSTEM SPACE CONSTRAINTS, THE LIST OF PARTICIPANTS IS CONTINUED IN THE FOLLOWING POST

Vicki Z
04-28-2012, 03:06 PM
*16. Evalila - it - Received 6/18 * GERMANY
*17. torqueNUT - it - Received 6/07
*18. SunTrade - it - Received 6/19
*19. lazyshadows - it - Received 6/23 * GREECE
*//. HeatherR - WITHDREW
*20. cookiecrumb - it - Received 7/09
*21. Ibus - it - Received 6/19 * SCOTLAND
22. Katalina - it - Received 6/23
23. renren16 - it - Received 7/05 *PHILIPPINES
*24. icekat - Received 6/23 * CANADA
rn25. artgranny - it - Received 6/23
*26. Iridescent888 - it - Received 6/28
*27. pilarfarmer - it - Received 6/28
*28. Monica - it - Received 7/03
*29. artsylikewhoa - it - Received7/03
*30. janetmachek - it - Received 7/06
*31. kiddio55 - it - Received 7/05
32. uglydoll01 - it - Received 7/13
*34. catladybj - it - Received 7/16

* INTERNATIONAL

Deblit
04-28-2012, 03:11 PM
Me, me, me!

Vicki Z
04-28-2012, 04:45 PM
YIPPEEEEE!!
My first victim - I mean participant.
Thank you for playing.
I have signed you up, djl1050.

Vicki Z
04-28-2012, 04:51 PM
Correct, they can either be having a bad day, OR they can be from the normal/regular type.

Vicki Z
04-29-2012, 09:43 AM
Your English is just fine.
I probably was not clear in the introduction.

Thank you for signing up.
Good to have you back, Nightvamp.

sunkissed
04-29-2012, 11:34 AM
I'd love to join please! I love anything about mermaids!

son_in_aquarius
04-29-2012, 01:28 PM
Yay! Mermaids! :D Sign me up!

Vicki Z
04-29-2012, 02:05 PM
Welcome sunkissed, son in aquarius, and the girl with starry eyes.
I have signed you up

Vicki Z
04-29-2012, 04:30 PM
My error!
You clearly said exactly that.
No problem!

Jennie
04-29-2012, 06:09 PM
Vickie may I please join this swap? It's fun to do mers.

Vicki Z
04-29-2012, 09:11 PM
Welcome Jennie.
I have signed you up.

beyondshay
04-29-2012, 11:17 PM
I feel merrily inclined to make mishapped merfolk...may I join please??!!

Vicki Z
04-30-2012, 06:31 AM
As I said in your Darkness/Macabre post, I am interested in trying out some mixed media work since I'm not good with HD/HP. But I don't want to bite off more than I can chew, so I'm just lurking for now. Maybe once I play around with some pieces I can decide whether I want to do an official sign up.

aschrisman:
I think you may have posted your above comment to the wrong thread.
I am not running a darkness/Macabre post
I am not asking for HD/HP

Don't worry about it, but I did want you to know just in case you wanted to post your commets to another host.
Do let me know if you want to sign up :0)

Vicki Z
04-30-2012, 06:31 AM
Welcome beyondshay.
I have signed you up.

Gerry
04-30-2012, 07:30 AM
Looks like you tried to sneak this one by me, you will have to try harder to get me to miss one of your swaps. Please sign me up. :)

Vicki Z
04-30-2012, 08:40 AM
Welcome Gerry.
Good to have you in another swap.
I have signed you up.

pixiecorpse
04-30-2012, 09:39 AM
Ooh you snuck this one in without telling me :p
Sign me up please!
You know I've only made 1 mermaid ever so this will be fun! :D

Vicki Z
04-30-2012, 12:20 PM
Welcome pixiecorpse.
We need to move you out of the dirt and into the water.
(no, I mean away from vampires and into merfolk - not that you need a bath) LOL

I signed you up.

Jennie
04-30-2012, 12:25 PM
Vicki you just started my day laughing that you and I know that dear pixie knows what you meant

PinkZombie
04-30-2012, 12:29 PM
I'm lurking for now, mermaids are a theme I have been wanting to do for like, forever! Just need to finish some stuff up first. I can't wait for this one!

pixiecorpse
04-30-2012, 12:41 PM
Uh oh! You've been watching me again! :wideeyed:

Vicki Z
04-30-2012, 12:43 PM
Oh, oh, caught in the act.:wideeyed:

Vicki Z
04-30-2012, 12:45 PM
I'm lurking for now, mermaids are a theme I have been wanting to do for like, forever! Just need to finish some stuff up first. I can't wait for this one!

Mermaids are fun to do, and I have given you the flexibility for cute, whimsical, ugly, fanged, pretty and having a good day, or mad and having a bad day, or whatever else you can imagine.

Hope to see you back.

Jennie
04-30-2012, 02:35 PM
I aschirsman I do that all the time. Don't sweat it

Vicki Z
05-03-2012, 07:03 AM
We got 1 3/4 inch of rain overnight, and today it is damp and foggy and the seagulls are out.
Perfect Mermaid weather.

pixiecorpse
05-03-2012, 07:06 AM
Perfect time to take a peek in my gallery too ;)

Vicki Z
05-03-2012, 07:13 AM
WOW
Those are FIN-TAS-TIC:notworthy:.

You are hard to keep up with.
I was just in your gallery, but these are new!
Thanks for making some awesome cards.

pixiecorpse
05-03-2012, 07:31 AM
Aww thank you *blush*
I'd only just remembered that I'd backed them last night and thought ooh better get them in that gallery :D
Should be doing housework while ted naps but my cards won't draw themselves :D

Jennie
05-03-2012, 08:46 AM
great pixie you have been prolific this week my pixiedarlin

pixiecorpse
05-03-2012, 09:53 AM
Thank you Jennie! Its been a very good week! :D

Jennie
05-03-2012, 11:39 AM
Ok done inking them and lets just say a bird ended up in one. It was a complete surprise to me. Can't wait to finish them

KaleidescopeI's
05-03-2012, 02:24 PM
Lurking for now, but I might have to try this one if I get caught up on other stuff.

Vicki Z
05-03-2012, 02:29 PM
Lurkers always welcome.
Hope to see you back when you get caught up.

pixiecorpse
05-03-2012, 02:29 PM
Hehe that's cool jennie one of my ladies has unintentional stubble :D

Come on in kal... You know you can't resist!!!

pixiecorpse
05-03-2012, 02:31 PM
Ooh I just found some googly eyes :D and gretch threw a wobbler n kicked me in the hand...its an emotional roller coaster in here!

Jennie
05-03-2012, 03:21 PM
What in the world is a wobbler I got the kicked me in the hand part

pixiecorpse
05-03-2012, 03:33 PM
Its a tantrum a big one :D little madam! My pinkie knuckle made a cracking noise too! No swelling though so its not broken good job its my drawing hand...all because I asked them to do a job, she didn't wait to know which job she presumed I meant tidying their pit of a bedroom all I wanted was their uniforms o_O

KaleidescopeI's
05-03-2012, 04:05 PM
A wobbler...I love it! Not that she threw one and you got kicked in the hand, but the expression. I never heard that one before either. How old are you kiddies? My son threw a tantrum once and it was a doozie....sitting in front passenger seat while I ran into Walmart to get a pair of stockings....he wanted to go get an Icee first, but I told him it would take a sec then I would take him. Came out and he was crying hysterically, didn't even notice my busted windshield. He said he didn't mean to do it....evidently he thought he would give it a good kick while I wasn't there and didn't think that it would crack. He was grounded for a good long time. He didn't get an allowance for awhile either. He is grown up now. Please don't let your kids read this....lol!

pixiecorpse
05-03-2012, 04:35 PM
Blimey! Ooh they can be bloody monsters when they want to be! And no worries we don't have a car...but we do have windows :D I'll keep your story under my hat!
She's 5 (will be 6 on the 6th june born 2006...so her blond angelic looks are a disguise) the 2 boys are 3 and 1 :D
They're really fun as long as I'm playing with them or plying them with food! As soon as I need to do chores or ask them to that's it crazy time! Its 9.30 here and she just won't go to freaking sleep!

Jennie
05-03-2012, 08:12 PM
Pixiedarlin I have fixes for both those things.
As for 9:30 bed time you give them a book light and 2 only 2 books to read, or look at as the case may be. No large chapter books. Nothing that makes sounds. She must be in her bed, and stay in her bed to keep the "special" book allowance. that her brothers don't have, because she is a big girl. She'll be out cold in abut 2 minutes. Explain thogh how special this is that she and only she gets to do this.

as for clean up. We used to sing that awful clean up song. Hated that thing. So I changed to saying the thing to put away and giving points for getting it put up. But points were taken away if they get to Rambunctious and bang into each other. I could see and call it out while I did the dishes, and cleaned up the dining room

Mikesatc
05-03-2012, 09:11 PM
May I join Vicki

pixiecorpse
05-04-2012, 02:49 AM
Jennie! I will try that tonight after I tidy their room up today there's books all over the floor from them playing a crazy game yesterday! And I can see how you'd stop the singing song when cleaning it might drive me potty too :D
I have a point system its on my bedroom wall and I've noticed someone been adding extra points :biglaugh:

Westonwyse I'm not sure if I should take that as a compliment or not hehe
But I know what you mean I was going to title morning after mermaid and chips but they're not called that where you are :D

Vicki Z
05-04-2012, 06:27 AM
Welcome Mikesatc.
I have signed you up.

Vicki Z
05-04-2012, 12:01 PM
Funny, I knew what a Wobbler was, and I am not from the UK.
I am trying to remember where I picked that term up.....

pixiecorpse
05-04-2012, 12:27 PM
Sorry vicki! Hope it comes to you soon nothing worse than trying to remember things!
I actually meant to upload my cards to the thread last night, my gallery pics a bit blurry I'll try to remember tonight :D

Vicki Z
05-04-2012, 12:42 PM
The picts in you gallery really aren't that bad.
I love them all.

And I do remember where I learned about Wobblers.
I work with a gal from the UK who every now and then teaches me about napkins/serviettes, bonnets, and so on.
She is single, so I didn't think of her in terms of a child's temper tantrums until I thought about it for a bit.:)

Jennie
05-04-2012, 12:43 PM
I finally read back through the post to see what a wobbler was. Laughed at such a funny word for tantrum, Ok my grandfather would say, il monello che ha un capriccio di temperamento, la sculaccia". If it was a huge tantrum, It means brat having a temper tantrum, spank her. I think it's spelled right. or if it was a little tantrum it was, "il capriccio, la sculaccia." which was just a "Tantrum, Spank Her". I know Sculaccia well. As little kids he would yell that and none of the 21 grandkids would know who was in trouble and they'd scatter like roaches. I would stand there and take it because I didn't know what i had done. Then He'd say that one is for Nicolo, or Nicola, or Joseph, or Ilaria,

Have you ever seen my big fat greek wedding that was my wedding. Accept the parents were Americanized but everyone behind them were as off the wall as that family. When you introduce people to the whole family it starts, this is Joe and Joey, and Joey, and Poco Joey and joseph. Peter, pete and peter and pieter (I have no idea how we go peter spelled in the german way in the group). Nicolo, nici,nicola, nicolas, and on and on. I'm the only one with a strange name Jennifer, and the only one that was stupid enough to stand there when my grandfather was angry.

pixiecorpse
05-04-2012, 01:23 PM
Phew glad you remembered! It usually takes me ages!
And wow good memory Jennie I guess the punishment is how it sticks in your mind I always remember 1 of my teachers because of her *slipper torment*
I might have to use that phrase on my little monsters just for the look of bewilderment it will cause :D
And you know I've never seen it! Now I must...hubbys probably seen it he tends to watch things we'll both enjoy while I'm sorting the kids out for bed so its alreay half over before I go downstairs...

Jennie
05-04-2012, 02:02 PM
It's my wedding. Unfortunately almost all of the older family members have passed in the last few years. So what we are left with is a bunch of Americans that have certain old world Italian phrases in our conversations, and everyone has a fairly normal name, The ones that had it spelled that Italian way most have changed it to fit in office settings, and all of us that had children our kids have very normal names. And none of them match

pixiecorpse
05-04-2012, 02:57 PM
Its a shame to lose the heritage although I can see why they would change it I have a friend who changed hers as she was sick of everyone mispronouncing it and spelling it wrong

Jennie
05-04-2012, 05:24 PM
Well we didn't change our generations names we just named our kids who are now adults american names, and they have named their kids cute little names

pixiecorpse
05-04-2012, 05:43 PM
That's what I thought you'd meant my turkish friends cousin has a british wife and they've given their kids turkish names which I thought was a bit strange seeing as they live in uk and the children don't have a mediteranian look to them. Cute names though just thought it was a bit odd saying that gretchens a german name so I can't really cast stones :D

Jennie
05-04-2012, 08:42 PM
I have a Genevieve and a Marie Susan`
Genevieve is my husbands German grandmother's name
Marie Susan` is my grandmother she was French Canadian
Still family but not Potenza or giuseppe

pixiecorpse
05-05-2012, 02:48 AM
They are such pretty names Jennie!

Ooh we might have bangers n mash today! But not for breakfast :D

pixiecorpse
05-05-2012, 07:28 AM
Give it a few hours Simmo let the ideas fester...I was thinking how in the heck am I going to make a mermaid mishap and now I've done 4 hehe

pixiecorpse
05-05-2012, 07:39 AM
Hehe I keep forgetting to go to the lounge too! I'll get into trouble one of these days for deviating from the thread :D

jmallory-welch
05-05-2012, 09:57 AM
Sign me up! Love mermaids and I need a challenge!

Onaki
05-05-2012, 12:50 PM
No one can deny mermaids~
Sign me up :)

Vicki Z
05-05-2012, 02:44 PM
Welcome jmallory-welch, Onaki, and Snowariginal.
I have signed you up.

art_junkie
05-05-2012, 03:08 PM
Oh Fishy, Fishy, count me in.

jmallory-welch
05-05-2012, 09:34 PM
Changed my mind....please remove my name from this swap.

Vicki Z
05-05-2012, 10:51 PM
Welcome art_junkie.
I have signed you up.

jmallory-welch
I have withdrawn you.

carnival
05-06-2012, 03:38 AM
Oh! this sounds like such a fun swap and I haven't joined in a swap in ages, can you add me please? I'm in the UK :)

Vicki Z
05-06-2012, 09:06 AM
Welcome carnival.
I have signed you up.

Mikesatc
05-06-2012, 01:25 PM
my mermaids for the swap working on yours icki now

Gerry
05-06-2012, 01:28 PM
Love the vampire mermaid Mike. lovely set.:)

pixiecorpse
05-06-2012, 01:42 PM
They are fantastic Mike! Love that green hair :D

Mikesatc
05-06-2012, 03:03 PM
For the Hostess Vicki Z

Jennie
05-06-2012, 06:30 PM
They are all beautiful

Vicki Z
05-06-2012, 09:14 PM
Welcome Jaybeeyell.
I have signed you up.

Vicki Z
05-06-2012, 09:15 PM
AWESOME cards, Mike.
Can't wait to meet them in person.
Thank you for posting pictures.

Mikesatc
05-06-2012, 09:19 PM
your welcome vicki

art_junkie
05-08-2012, 11:29 AM
My Mermaids are up, sans mishapshttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=300811

pixiecorpse
05-08-2012, 02:55 PM
Wow! Art junkie and NightVamp! Fantastic mermaids!!!!!

art_junkie
05-08-2012, 03:56 PM
Last Mermaidhttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=300858

Vicki Z
05-08-2012, 04:12 PM
AWESOME cards Art_Junkie and NightVamp.
Can't wait to get my hands on them.

Vicki Z
05-09-2012, 12:30 PM
Purple, green, and blue hair, plus FANGS.
Gorgeous, Ugly, Realistic and Whimsical.
What creative cards are being made!!!

sunkissed
05-09-2012, 08:53 PM
Here are mine :jimlad:

I think I may need to go for 6 because I just LOVE mermaids...but I'm having a block on more mishaps, so the rest may just have to be happy-go-lucky merfolk!

Vicki Z
05-09-2012, 11:37 PM
FAB cards, sunkissed.
These mishaps are great fun.
Happy-go-lucky mermaids are wonderful, too!

pixiecorpse
05-10-2012, 02:10 AM
They are awesome Sunkissed hehe I'll be giggling all day now :D
I'm feeling the same I've got 4 mishaps so my other 3 might have to be pretties too but I'm hanging on to see if I can think of anything :D

Vicki Z
05-10-2012, 06:23 AM
I have faith in you, pixiecorpse

Just look at the most recent mishap your daughter had - and turn it into a mermaid mishap
murals on the walls - in lipstick and eyeliner
Adding points (that she didn't earn) to the cheat sheet
Tearing apart the story book - about The Little Mermaid????????

pixiecorpse
05-10-2012, 08:58 AM
Hehe! When you put it that way its not going to be so hard, it might be hard to stop! Hehe

Vicki Z
05-10-2012, 09:07 AM
Glad I could help. :0)

sunkissed
05-11-2012, 01:44 AM
Okay, here are the rest of mine. The last mishap is trying to baby-proof the ocean (we just put all those plug things in the outlets...it was on my mind!). The other two are just being mermaids :cute:

pixiecorpse
05-11-2012, 01:57 AM
They are great sunkissed!!!

Vicki Z
05-11-2012, 03:18 AM
FAB cards, sunkissed.
LOVE baby-proofing the ocean!

pixiecorpse
05-11-2012, 03:25 AM
We gave up baby proofing in the end the kids found the socket plugs far too enticing and they'd leave them around for us to step on :( and I couldn't get into the cupboards hehe

Vicki Z
05-11-2012, 06:19 AM
I know what you mean!!
I bake bread, so I have some reallly BIG bowls to raise the bread dough in.
The cats LOVE to curl up in the bread dough bowls to take a nap.

I got tired of cat hair on my morning toast, so I tried to cat-proof (child proof) the cupboards, but the cats could get in easier than I could.

Ya know, if one adds peanut butter and jelly to one's toast, the cat hair almost disappears.:wacko:

pixiecorpse
05-11-2012, 06:28 AM
Hehe it does sound yummy! My mums cats used to sleep on top of the fridge so I know about the hairy food :D

art_junkie
05-11-2012, 06:43 AM
My mother used to SEND me cat hair she had brushed off of her cats.

She wanted to give MY cats something interesting to *sniff*

The cats were unimpressed.

Vicki Z
05-11-2012, 07:18 AM
My mother used to SEND me cat hair she had brushed off of her cats.

She wanted to give MY cats something interesting to *sniff*

The cats were unimpressed.

:wacko::twitcy::wacko:
I love your cats
I'm not sure about your mother

pixiecorpse
05-11-2012, 07:23 AM
Haha! I thought you were going to say she wanted you to make something with it :biglaugh:

pixiecorpse
05-11-2012, 08:02 AM
.....Yes.....

Vicki Z
05-12-2012, 01:18 PM
Fun cards received from Mikesatc.
Thank you for the hostie card and the additional postage.
Both are greatly appreciated.

flyingpigs24
05-12-2012, 03:28 PM
Ooo! Sign me up please!

Vicki Z
05-13-2012, 12:05 AM
Welcome flyingpigs24 and Claudzie.
I have signed you up.

Liss
05-13-2012, 12:10 AM
Love mermaids and I think I maybe did a swap similar to this before- can I please play?? ^_^

Vicki Z
05-13-2012, 09:28 AM
Welcome Liss.
I have signed you up.

Vicki Z
05-15-2012, 04:21 PM
AWESOME cards received from Nightvamp, SunKissed, and Art_Junkie.
FABULOUS art, people.
Thank you for the hostie cards.

pixiecorpse
05-15-2012, 04:27 PM
1 and a half more to go for me :D

Evalila
05-16-2012, 10:27 AM
Can I please join?

Vicki Z
05-16-2012, 01:33 PM
Welcome Evalila.
I have signed you up.

Deblit
05-23-2012, 12:50 AM
I have mine done. Here they are.

pixiecorpse
05-23-2012, 02:47 AM
They are fantastic djl!!!!!

Evalila
05-23-2012, 03:36 AM
I second that - esp. Electra is fabulous!

Jennie
05-23-2012, 09:23 PM
My Mermaids
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8902/small/1_Scan__4__-_Copy.jpghttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8902/small/1_Scan__2_.jpghttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8902/small/1_Scan__3__-_Copy.jpghttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8902/small/1_Scan__2__-_Copy.jpg

So you have- Pin-Up, Bad Hair Day, Beauty, and Birds

Deblit
05-23-2012, 10:02 PM
Great cards Jennie.

pixiecorpse
05-24-2012, 10:54 AM
They are fantastic jennie!!!!

Deblit
05-30-2012, 04:24 PM
My mermaids are in the mail and swimming your way!

pixiecorpse
05-30-2012, 04:39 PM
Mine are going to cross the oceans tomorrow they're in my bag ready for that post box :D

Vicki Z
05-30-2012, 04:56 PM
Thanks for letting me know mermaids are on the way, djl1050 and pixiecorpse.
I will watch for them and let you know when they swim in.

Vicki Z
05-30-2012, 04:58 PM
FAB cards received from Jennie.
These are even better IRL.
The metallic accents don't show up on the scan at all.
Thank you for the hostie card.

torqueNUT
06-01-2012, 01:21 AM
please sign me up, previews are up in the Adult Art gallery

pixiecorpse
06-01-2012, 01:44 AM
Thought I better make it official! My cards are postal :D

Vicki Z
06-01-2012, 06:29 AM
Welcome torqueNUT.
I have signed you up.

Vicki Z
06-01-2012, 06:30 AM
Thanks for the heads up, pixiecorpse.
I will watch for your mermaids, and let you know when they swim in.
Can't wait to see what you created.

SunTrade
06-01-2012, 08:35 PM
Ooohhh I love this, please sign me up! I will try to squeeze these before due date!

Vicki Z
06-01-2012, 11:37 PM
Welcome SunTrade.
I have signed you up.

Evalila
06-03-2012, 02:03 PM
Here are my first two mermaids:

http://1.1.1.1/bmi/www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/medium/1_Mermaid1.jpg (http://1.1.1.1/bmi/www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/large/1_Mermaid1.jpg) http://1.1.1.2/bmi/www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/medium/1_Mermaid2.jpg (http://1.1.1.2/bmi/www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/large/1_Mermaid2.jpg)

Jennie
06-03-2012, 02:31 PM
Evelyn they are beautiful!

pixiecorpse
06-03-2012, 02:46 PM
They are a gorgeous pair of mermaids evallila!

Evalila
06-04-2012, 06:40 AM
Thank you :)

Here are the last two:

http://1.1.1.4/bmi/www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/medium/1_Mermaid4.jpg http://1.1.1.3/bmi/www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/medium/1_Mermaid3.jpg

Vicki Z
06-04-2012, 06:43 AM
FAB ladies, Evalila!

Evalila
06-04-2012, 06:48 AM
Thank you.

I had several ideas in mind for mishaps, but these didnīt work out :(

Vicki Z
06-04-2012, 06:59 AM
I understand,Evalila.
Sometimes that happens.
I LOVE the cards you did make. :0)

Vicki Z
06-04-2012, 02:20 PM
Sorry to lose you, Claudzie, but one's Muse is not always cooperative.
I will withdraw you.
Thanks for letting me know

Onaki
06-05-2012, 05:59 AM
Finished my cards, going to have them mailed as soon as I receive your address.

pixiecorpse
06-05-2012, 06:04 AM
They are fantastic Onaki!!!!!

Vicki Z
06-05-2012, 06:18 AM
FAB cards, Onaki.
I sent you my addy via PM.

Vicki Z
06-05-2012, 06:24 AM
FIN-TAS-TIC cards received from djl1050.
LOVE your art!
Thank you so much for the hostie card.

carnival
06-05-2012, 08:13 AM
Oh! Wow, I'm seeing some fabulous mermaids here, I'm working on mine today, sooo excited now to see what I get in return :)

lazyshadows
06-05-2012, 09:30 AM
Can i join or am i too late?:)

Vicki Z
06-05-2012, 10:00 AM
Yes, you can join
No, you are not too late.
You still have 6 weeks to make and send in your cards.
I am sending you my address shortly so that you will have it when your cards are completed.

Cards must be in my hands by July 13th, and mail from Greece can take up to two weeks. so please keep that mail transit time in mind when mailing.

I have signed you up, lazyshadows.

lazyshadows
06-05-2012, 10:35 AM
Thank you;)

Vicki Z
06-05-2012, 04:08 PM
Cards received from flyingpigs24.

HeatherR
06-05-2012, 07:35 PM
I just have to. Please sign me up.

Vicki Z
06-06-2012, 06:35 AM
Welcome HeatherR.
I have signed you up.

Gerry
06-07-2012, 07:20 AM
Ok got 2 done, including one mermaid with a problem...hehehe, another 2 to go..

Vicki Z
06-07-2012, 08:28 AM
YIPPEEEE, Gerry.
Can't wait to see what you have created.

Vicki Z
06-07-2012, 11:30 AM
Cards received from TorqueNUT.

Vicki Z
06-08-2012, 11:51 AM
AWESOME cards received from onaki and pixiecorpse.

pixiecorpse
06-08-2012, 06:12 PM
Yay! So glad they made it! Think they must have swam there :D

Vicki Z
06-08-2012, 09:28 PM
They did take their time, but they told me they wanted to watch the Queen's Jubilee Celebrations, and they all had confetti in their hair.:wacko:

renren16
06-09-2012, 01:00 AM
Ahhh I really want to join. @_@ If I finish making 4 cards within the week, please sign me up. :3 But still lurking for now... :spinny:

Vicki Z
06-09-2012, 07:50 AM
Welcome cookiecrumb.
I have signed you up.

Lurkers welcome renren16.
Let me know if you get your cards done in time.

Ibus
06-09-2012, 05:49 PM
I've made my cards, can you sign me up please? :wideeyed:

Ibus
06-09-2012, 06:09 PM
My Mermaids are up, sans mishapshttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=300811

They're gorgeous! :notworthy:

Vicki Z
06-09-2012, 10:27 PM
Welcome Ibus.
I have signed you up.

FABULOUS cards you have created!!

pixiecorpse
06-10-2012, 03:29 AM
Fantastic Ibus! Love the shocked by an eel!

Ibus
06-10-2012, 11:11 AM
Thanks Vicki and Pixie, I've never been happy drawing people and faces, so bought a couple of stamps, that I can adapt to what I want. :)

Vicki Z
06-10-2012, 11:32 AM
Thanks Vicki and Pixie, I've never been happy drawing people and faces, so bought a couple of stamps, that I can adapt to what I want. :)

AWESOME:notworthy::notworthy:

pixiecorpse
06-10-2012, 11:37 AM
That's such a cool idea! I'm off to look for feet and hand stamps :D

carnival
06-11-2012, 05:36 PM
Ok, I'm all done....phew! I was beginning to think I was going to have to pull out of this, can you send me your address please Vicki :spinny:

Jennie
06-11-2012, 07:56 PM
great cards Carnival they are beautiful

Ibus
06-11-2012, 07:57 PM
Ok, I'm all done....phew! I was beginning to think I was going to have to pull out of this, can you send me your address please Vicki :spinny:

They're gorgeous!

icekat
06-11-2012, 09:54 PM
I'm working on some cards for this, but let me be sure I can get them done before I officially sign up...

Vicki Z
06-11-2012, 11:36 PM
AWESOME cards, carnival.
I sent you my address via PM.

Vicki Z
06-11-2012, 11:37 PM
Sounds good, icekat.
Let me know if you get the cards done and I will sign you up.

Evalila
06-12-2012, 09:04 AM
My cards are on their way :)

Vicki Z
06-12-2012, 09:30 AM
Thanks for letting me know. Evalila.
I will watch for them to arrive.

pixiecorpse
06-12-2012, 03:15 PM
They are fantastic carnival!

Vicki Z
06-13-2012, 07:17 AM
Welcome Katalina, both to my swap and to this site.
If you have any questions, concerns, or problems while making your cards, please ask.
We are a friendly group, and always eager to assist.
You can post questions to this thread, or send me a PM if you need a more detailed reply.

I have signed you up.

Gerry
06-13-2012, 07:40 AM
My mermaids are finsihed and ready to swim across to the USA. I will take a pic first and get them in the post tomorrow.

Vicki Z
06-13-2012, 04:38 PM
Thanks for the heads up, Gerry.
I will watch for your Mermaids and let you know when they swim in.

Ibus
06-13-2012, 04:39 PM
Mine will start their swim tomorrow ;)

Vicki Z
06-13-2012, 04:42 PM
Thanks for letting me know, Ibus.
I will watch for your ladies and have some snacks and towels ready for their arrival.

Ibus
06-13-2012, 04:44 PM
One of them will need a cup of hot sweet tea, she's already had a shock! :)

pixiecorpse
06-13-2012, 04:48 PM
Mmm hot sweet tea! That's the best remedy for everything! :D

Ibus
06-13-2012, 04:54 PM
:laugh: I advocate it, but don't drink it myself, blergh! And sweet? Double blergh!!! I do drink herbal/green/fruit teas, but those are drunk without milk or sugar.

Coffee is my main vice ;)

pixiecorpse
06-13-2012, 05:18 PM
I love both tea and coffee prefer them both black and sugary hehe

Vicki Z
06-15-2012, 06:25 AM
One of them will need a cup of hot sweet tea, she's already had a shock! :)

Yes, I did notice that one had quite a shock!!!:)
FAB card

SunTrade
06-15-2012, 10:56 PM
I finish mine today! They are drying so will post tomorrow!

Vicki Z
06-15-2012, 11:50 PM
Can't wait to see what you have created.

lazyshadows
06-16-2012, 11:02 AM
My mermaids are ready and will swim your way tomorrow!;)

Vicki Z
06-16-2012, 12:45 PM
Thanks for letting me know, lazyshadows.
They will have lots of company when they arrive.

SunTrade
06-16-2012, 07:22 PM
OK here are mine, I sure hope you like them. My scanner is not a good one, so they look better in person!

Vicki Z
06-16-2012, 11:49 PM
They are lovely, SunTrade.
Can't wait to meet them in person.

pixiecorpse
06-17-2012, 03:17 AM
Awesome Suntrade!!!!

renren16
06-17-2012, 12:13 PM
Here are my four mermaids. They're swimming to the US on Monday morning. :D

pixiecorpse
06-17-2012, 12:22 PM
Awesome renren! Love the sad one with green hair :D

lazyshadows
06-17-2012, 01:26 PM
Beautiful mermaids ren ren,i love the first one so much!

lazyshadows
06-17-2012, 01:30 PM
Here are mine!

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/5596/small/1_1184.Marvelous_mermaids_and_mermaid_mishaps_4.jp ghttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/5596/small/1_1183.Marvelous_mermaids_and_mermaid_mishaps_3.jp ghttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/5596/small/1_1182.Marvelous_mermaids_and_mermaid_mishaps_2.jp ghttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/5596/small/1_1181.Marvelous_mermaids_and_mermaid_mishaps_1.jp g

pixiecorpse
06-17-2012, 02:35 PM
Love how you've done the blondes hair lazyshadows!
I can hear vicki booking a holiday right now with all these fantabulous mermaids stashed in her suitcase :biglaugh:

Jennie
06-17-2012, 02:41 PM
Everyone is doing such beautiful work

Vicki Z
06-17-2012, 04:14 PM
AWESOME cards renren16.
You have a beautiful drawing style that lends itself well to drawing mermaids.
Can't wait to meet your ladies (and merman) in person.

Vicki Z
06-17-2012, 04:15 PM
FAB cards lazyshadows.
Thank you for posting some wonderful pictures.
I am looking forward to seeing your creations IRL.

Ibus
06-17-2012, 04:29 PM
Here are my four mermaids. They're swimming to the US on Monday morning. :D

OOH these are gorgeous! Hope I'm lucky enough to get one :D

Vicki Z
06-18-2012, 03:26 PM
FAB mermaids received from Evalila.
LOVE the names you gave each gal!!
Thank you for the hostie card, the pretty paper, and the postage.
All are greatly appreciated.

icekat
06-19-2012, 01:43 AM
My mermaids are swimming along with Phrixy's Zodiac cards.
The mishap one should be apparent. It's called "Can You Believe it's a Fake?!"

pixiecorpse
06-19-2012, 02:06 AM
Wow icekat! How cool are those cute kitties! Love the all green hottie! Awesome set!

renren16
06-19-2012, 05:43 AM
Very cute merfolk icekat! Especially the pink mercat, very imaginative :3
And thank you so much for the sweet comments! <3 :wubclub:

Vicki Z
06-19-2012, 06:22 AM
AWESOME and FIN-TAS-TIC cards, icekat.
Can't wait to get my paws on them.

pixiecorpse
06-19-2012, 03:33 PM
Hehe sneaky with the puns vicki ;)

Ibus
06-19-2012, 03:38 PM
Icekat, they're gorgeous! :notworthy:

Vicki Z
06-19-2012, 04:40 PM
This has been a stellar mail day.
Mermaids swam in from Ibus, Gerry, and SunTrade.
What a fantastic assortment of mermaids, all different, all beautiful, all unique.
Thanks all for the hostie cards.
They are all so lovely, I am going to have to drool over them for a while before I decide who to add to my collection.

SunTrade
06-19-2012, 05:02 PM
Glad to know they are there!

Gerry
06-19-2012, 05:24 PM
yayy pleased they arrived safely :)

icekat
06-19-2012, 07:59 PM
Thanks for the compliments, everyone. :)

artgranny
06-20-2012, 10:44 AM
Hello! I'm a brand new member, and unfamiliar with thew proceedure (yet). I sure pould like to participate in this mermaid/mishap ATC swap. wouold you tell me how to sign up - if it's still open? many thanks for your tolerance, artgranny

Vicki Z
06-20-2012, 11:07 AM
Welcome, artgranny, both to my swap and to this site.
I am delighted you would like to participate in this mermaid/mishap ATC Swap.

You have signed up by posting above request to participate (see how easy that was)!!!
Yes, it is still open.
I have just sent you my address - that is where you mail your ATCs when completed.
Cards must be in my hands (not just being mailed) by July 13, 2012.
All other details - like you make 3 cards or 6 cards to get the same number back - and mailing information - are on the first page in my first post.
Pease notice my Mishap Challenge - You can get an extra card if you participate in this Challenge.

Any other questions, concerns, or comments, please ask.
We are friendly, and chatty, and helpful.
Again, welcome.
I have signed you up for this swap.

Iridescent888
06-20-2012, 11:44 PM
Please sign me up Vicki!:v_spin:
Thanks

Gerry
06-21-2012, 03:23 AM
As promised here are my cards, already with the host.:)
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3155/medium/1_mermaids.jpg

Vicki Z
06-21-2012, 06:29 AM
And the host LOVES your cards.
They are all FAB!

I am leaning toward keeping the starfish tangled in her hair, but the "Ouch" from the lobster is wonderful, and the winking fish on the lower right card is fin-tastic.
AWESOME cards, Gerry.:notworthy:
Thank you for posting pictures, and for the hostie card.

Vicki Z
06-21-2012, 06:30 AM
Welcome Iridescent888.
I have signed you up.

Gerry
06-21-2012, 07:27 AM
Looks like I am going to have to improve on my drawing skills as the 'lobster' is actually a crab:biglaugh:

renren16
06-21-2012, 08:13 AM
Awesome mermaids, Gerry! And it looks like a crab to me. xD

Iridescent888
06-21-2012, 08:16 AM
Love the mishaps and your drawing skills Gerry.

Vicki Z
06-21-2012, 08:36 AM
My bad.
It is definitely a crab.

Soooo sorry, Gerry!
Your drawing is FAB.
It is my observation skills that need the improvement.

Vicki Z
06-21-2012, 08:42 AM
:wacko:I wonder if I had called it a crust-a-she-on, if I would have gotten myself in less trouble.
Of course, then, everyone would know I cannot spell.

Iridescent888
06-21-2012, 09:32 AM
Lol...I like that word crust a sheon it covers it all...!

Gerry
06-21-2012, 04:54 PM
hehehe I knew you knew it was a crab, :)

Vicki Z
06-22-2012, 12:22 PM
Welcome pilarfarmer.
I have signed you up.

Lurkers welcome, Basal.
Hope to see you back.

pixiecorpse
06-23-2012, 05:28 AM
Gorgeous mermaids Gerry! :D

Vicki Z
06-23-2012, 09:17 AM
hi vicki, i need your address to send my mermaid cards...please. pilarfarmer :)

Address has been sent via PM.:)

Vicki Z
06-23-2012, 12:47 PM
This has been a FAB mail day.
AWESOME cards received from icekat, Katalina, lazyshadows, and artgranny.

Iridescent888
06-24-2012, 10:14 PM
Some fisherman is gonna be famous for catching that one. lol
Great cards Pilarfarmer.

I have two mishaps also...

Vicki Z
06-25-2012, 01:32 AM
FAB cards pilarfarmer.
I am not sure what you mean by a co-host, but it is just me.
Looking forward to seeing your cards IRL.

More FAB cards, Iridescent888.
Everyone is doing FIN-TAS-TIC cards.

pixiecorpse
06-25-2012, 03:04 AM
Awesome cards pilarfarmer and iridescent!
Love how you made the fins legs iri! Very cool idea!
And those poor caught mermaids :D awesome!

Iridescent888
06-25-2012, 02:49 PM
Cards in the mail today.

Vicki Z
06-25-2012, 02:53 PM
Thanks for letting me know.
I will watch for them to swim in.

Jennie
06-25-2012, 06:49 PM
Wow. I think a co-host would be mind boggling. How would you keep everything together. I complain to myself about how I do things. It would really drive me nuts to know hoow someone else does things.

Vicki Z
06-26-2012, 07:01 AM
i have done swaps where there were 2 hosts (on another site) anyways i will send the extra mermaid anyways since it is already made. :v_spin: they are swimming your way.

Thanks for sending the extra mermaid anyway, pilarfarmer.
I am excited to be receiving an additional hostie card.
I will let you know when they arrive.

Now that you explain "co-host" we often have hosts ask someone to help keep an eye on their swap if they get sick, busy, or have computer probles and can not be on line every day to add players, answer questions, and give timely responses.
It solves the problem of unnecessary delays for players:)

Monica
06-26-2012, 02:05 PM
sign me up for this one please

Vicki Z
06-26-2012, 03:20 PM
Welcome Monica.
I have signed you up.

artsylikewhoa
06-27-2012, 10:23 AM
I would like to sign up please! I found some great illustrations on mermaids the other day that I am currently using for ATCs.

Vicki Z
06-28-2012, 06:53 AM
Welcome artsylikewhoa.
I have signed you up.

Vicki Z
06-28-2012, 02:49 PM
AWESOME cards received from iridescent888 and pilarfamer.:notworthy:
Both sets included FAB mishaps.:)
Both sets included spectacular hostie cards.:spinny:
Thanks!!!!!!!

moonrose442
06-28-2012, 03:00 PM
Ok Im not joining just yet. Im painting some now, and if my day job doesn't get in the way of sleep I'll mail this week and join. :) I've been doing a little every day before work.

Vicki Z
06-28-2012, 03:17 PM
That sounds wonderful, moonrose442.
Hope to see you back.

pixiecorpse
06-28-2012, 03:19 PM
Hehe you sound like me moonrose, I keep sketching and inking on my bus to work and colour at home :D

janetmachek
06-28-2012, 09:12 PM
I would love to do the mermaids I hope it is not to late

Vicki Z
06-29-2012, 03:14 AM
The mermaids are due IN MY HANDS July 13, so you still have two weeks to get them made and mailed.
Since you are in the U.S., mail transit usually takkes 3-4 days, so if you make your cards and get them mailed within a week or so, you are all set.
I have signed you up, janetmachek.

Vicki Z
06-29-2012, 02:20 PM
AWESOME cards received from carnival.
I am getting quite a FIN-TAS-TIC bunch of merfolk here.

But a lot of you have not yet sent your cards, and there is exactly 2 weeks left for cards to be created, mailed, and in my hands.

I sent everyone a reminder, so please try to get your cards completed.:)

Monica
06-29-2012, 04:31 PM
So here are 5 of my mermaids, they scanned in separated so I was only allowed 5 in the one post. I will put the 6th one in another post.

Monica
06-29-2012, 04:33 PM
My cake eating mermaid!

Monica
06-29-2012, 04:35 PM
Will try to get my mermaids into the post tomorrow, if not, then by Monday. Was hoping for today, but time just got away from me with trying to post them first.

Iridescent888
06-29-2012, 05:18 PM
Great mermaids...I esp like the twins.

Vicki Z
06-29-2012, 06:44 PM
AWESOME cards, Monica.:notworthy:
LOVE the variety!

Monday posting will be fine.
You still have 2 weeks.:)

pixiecorpse
06-30-2012, 01:24 AM
Wow! Great cards monica! :D

Monica
06-30-2012, 03:13 PM
I scrambled and got my mermaid cards to the post office yesterday, woohoo!

Kiddio55
06-30-2012, 10:02 PM
Hi Vicki...I made some cards and think I have time to get them to you if I mail them on Monday. So that means I'd like to join. Here they are...I'll mail them and if they don't make it in time...ya can just send them back in the envelope I sent you. Two are kinda dark and evil....one little sweetie and a fourth whose pearl necklace was broken by getting it tangled in the seahorse's tail. Hope you all like them. It's been a while since I have drawn anything. I just couldn't seem to come back after my heart surgery.

Vicki Z
06-30-2012, 11:13 PM
AWESOME cards kiddio55!!:notworthy:
I cannot decide if I love the evil ones - the goth jewelry is fin-ta-tic, and the Let's do lunch sailor, or if I prefer the peal necklace mishap, and Shelley Sweetie pie is so cute.
All four are FAB.

You are in Michigan, and if you mail Monday, I should have them in plenty of time.
Thank you for signing up.
I just sent you my address via PM.

Sorry to hear about your heart surgery, but I would say your current drawing of these cards is a wonderful come back.

Iridescent888
06-30-2012, 11:30 PM
Kiddio so glad you are back and hope you are feeling positive after surgery...I love your cards. All of them!

icekat
07-01-2012, 10:18 AM
Kiddio, love those mermaids!

Vicki Z
07-02-2012, 10:52 AM
AWESOME cards received from Monica.
LOVE the variety.

Vicki Z
07-02-2012, 10:53 AM
More AWESOME cards received from Liss.
Another unique batch with lots of variety.
Thank you for the hostie card and the extra postage.
Both are greatly appreciated.

artsylikewhoa
07-02-2012, 11:05 AM
Kiddio: LOVE your cards! My gothy friend has a fish earring kind of like your gothy mermaid ATC.

pixiecorpse
07-02-2012, 11:18 AM
They are an awesome comeback set of mermaids kiddio! Love the sailor card hehe
And its wonderful to see you back again! Hope your feeling a little better :D

artsylikewhoa
07-02-2012, 12:20 PM
Hopefully this will work...

Here are my mermaid cards. Currently they are in the mail and on the way!

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=310016