PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in the ATL GA Area????

krysmariah
05-17-2012, 12:37 PM
Or in GA in general? I'd love to have a live trading event somewhere or at least maybe a meet and greet?

Anyone live close by?

catladybj
05-25-2012, 12:09 AM
I'm in Kennesaw. supposedly KSU has had ATC events but I have no clue how to find out about them. I met a girl one time and she told me about it, I have never seen her again nor did she contact me tho I asked her to.

Let me know if you come up with something. Atl shoe girl lives around ATL somewhere. there are swappers on here from Savannah and Augusta as well.

krysmariah
05-25-2012, 10:34 AM
I would love to have some kind of meeting, at least just a meet and greet if not a swap, but I just am not sure how to go about it, haha. You know, finding a place to hold it, or even finding people to come!!! Anyways, it's good to know there are some other GA folks out there!! Hopefully if there is ever a way to get everyone to meet up, we will meet one day ^_^

missmegm
05-29-2012, 11:08 AM
I am in Marietta!

krysmariah
05-29-2012, 12:49 PM
I'm in Columbus, these places aren't too bad of a drive. Maybe we can think of a central place and set up some kind of meeting? What do you girls thing?? Marietta definitely isn't too bad. :)

krysmariah
05-29-2012, 12:51 PM
Maybe if we find enough people we can all pitch in for a nice hotel room and spend a day hanging out, trading, talking, ect??? I don't know, I just think i8t'd be great to have some sort of event. :D

krysmariah
06-05-2012, 03:37 PM
Im a little ashamed because this girl was me. I tried to get an event going for spring semester but it fell through because my schedule was too packed and I couldn't handle doing it. So sorry!

Anyway I graduated and I live in Smyrna now so I'm up for joining in on an event with you guys.

haha! What a small world!!! Well, where do you guys think is a good city to have this event? Like I said, I live in Columbus and I'm sure I could try to find a place to hold the event here, or we could all chip in for a nice hotel room to hang out at and meet up. :) I'd offer my house, but I have four (CRAZY) dogs and only two guest beds, hahaha! ^_^;; What do you guys think??? :D

missmegm
06-06-2012, 12:15 PM
I am up for whatever! I don't mind driving folks from up here either.
It will probably be mid or end of July or after before my weekends clear up.
Even if we just did a meet and greet we could bring some of our favorite projects or books and maybe trade some supplies.
Don't places like Golden Coral usually have a seperate banquet room? Should be nice and quiet if we went at an off time.

krysmariah
06-06-2012, 01:25 PM
Very true. I can look around and see different places we could hold it. I think Atlanta would be a good place to hold it, It's not too far from alot of these places, I believe. :) What do you guys think? Find a place in Atlanta for maybe the end of the summer? August or September maybe?

missmegm
06-06-2012, 06:13 PM
A neighborhood or apartment complex that has a clubhouse might work (we could do appetizers). I am not a member of our homeowner association unfortuniately.

krysmariah
06-06-2012, 08:05 PM
I'll look into it. :) If any of you guys have any ideas, feel free to shout out!

missmegm
06-07-2012, 04:17 PM
I think there is also a general GA forum so you might want to post there as well.

catladybj
06-10-2012, 10:42 PM
Oh pshaw life happens!!!sure it was you?at the Kung fu place?
Meeting up would be great. I do not have net access at the moment but will send u purrsonal info later
July for me too
Archivers has a workroom we can use tho it would be open to any customers
I think we can rent the class rm for $50
Will ChEck around elsewhere too

Lovefroud
06-11-2012, 10:58 PM
hey I just caught this in the forum, I'm west in Villa Rica (past Douglasville) I grew up in Marietta. I would love to be part of whatever you guys plan.

Lovefroud
06-11-2012, 11:03 PM
So I was mentally mapping out where we all live and with the exception of Columbus we all are pretty close! how cool is that?

missmegm
06-12-2012, 12:18 PM
The workroom sounds great! Espicially if we can get the Columbus folks up here.

Lovefroud
06-14-2012, 12:43 PM
I have been to a gathering in Mesa Arizona and it was held in a hotel, 3 days and 2 nights. the price for the banquet room was depending on how many people booked rooms. It turned out to be free and my group (4) all stayed in a room together (2 queen beds) and my cost was around 60 bucks.
With some planning we could really make it a good time, I live in lake community with banquet rooms that rent by the day for as cheap as 25 dollars, if we wanted to do a day thing.
Anyhoo just a random thought vomit!
I think August/September is a good time as most have summer stuff planned already.
What do ya'll think?

missmegm
06-14-2012, 02:34 PM
I am open to whatever!
Where in GA do you live?

Lovefroud
06-14-2012, 06:41 PM
I am in villa rica just past Douglasville on I 20.

krysmariah
06-25-2012, 07:42 PM
Just keep me updated! I think we could all rent out any of these rooms easily and I'd be willing to travel for a day trip!

Lovefroud
06-26-2012, 01:09 PM
me too!

catladybj
08-28-2012, 03:28 AM
Hey folks-bumping this up, hopin ya'll are subscribed to this thread. do we want to start planning something?
compile a list of email addies and ph#'s???

missmegm
08-28-2012, 12:03 PM
Sure!
I will be out of town Oct. 20-25th and maybe a weekend in early Oct but I think I am open besides those dates.

Lovefroud
08-28-2012, 12:32 PM
open. My personal email is lillilawson@gmail.com (lillilawson@live.com).

catladybj
08-28-2012, 11:30 PM
well, like I said earlier, we can meet at Archivers, I will check with them to see what the least busy day is for the workroom, it wouild have to be a any weekday except Wed. Sat is out for them as they have their own crop that day. 5p-11p is $15 but we would have to book way ahead of time and pay for it to be sure we were in the same room.
if we are going to meet on a sat it will have to be elsewhere. in which case we will prolly have to rent someplace. I can check some local hotels and Golden Coral to see what is available.

catladybj
08-28-2012, 11:35 PM
I think there is also a general GA forum so you might want to post there as well.
I could not find one.

Lovefroud
08-29-2012, 10:57 AM
okay whatever/whenever is fine with me. Just need a date and time! If you want to take the lead catladybj go for it. This might be a tough crowd though, lol.
Also if you need help just holler, I am a stay at home mom/artist so I am more than willing to help out.

missmegm
08-29-2012, 03:09 PM
weekday would be tough for me...unless we get together in the evening after 7 or 8pm!

catladybj
09-04-2012, 01:51 AM
OK-EVERYone Throw out a date in OCT-a sat or sun, prolly in the first 2 weeks would be best, as Halloween gets everyone busy. I know we will be participating n a haunted house.
also, the area you live-who knows, might find someone whol ives close by BEFORE the Get together.
does anyone have a problem with meetin in Kennesaw somewhere?
I am compiling a list, this is what I have so far.

missmegm-Maretta
krysmariah -Columbus
Peas - Smyrna
Lovefroud -I am in villa rica just past Douglasville on I 20.
DebinGa
Atlshoegirl - Dunwoody
catladybj-Kennesaw

this and a possible date is what I am asking you to post to the thread, in a PM to me, pls send:
names, town, email addies, ph#'s for the list?
I know I asked you to post some of that to the thread, but if you pm me it'll be easier for me than having to go thru thread and pull it out. well, you dont want all that in the thread anyhow, right?!?

krysmariah
09-04-2012, 10:38 AM
October 13/14 would be perfect

catladybj
09-23-2012, 12:43 PM
welcome! this is a great site and group, and I am glad you found our little GA group. we are planning a get together next month. PM me your email addy and ph# for my list.

catladybj
01-29-2013, 02:32 AM
First off I apologise for droppin the ball on a fall gathering; and for this coming so late in Jan when it should have been much sooner. we have not had internet service at home for awhile and using that tiny phone for emails is a real PIA.
I decided our best bet for a reasonably priced place to meet is Archivers. they have Crop Manias every fri and sat from 5-11pm, you can go in when they open in am but you would prolly not get your crop seat until 5. you would have to move to your crop space at 5; if we meet on a sat with no class scheduled they Might let us in when we got there.
the crop cost is $10 and from now until the 31st-Thurs if you purcase a seat you get one free. see info below.
http://www.archiversonline.com/events/427
Going on now
Buy one, get one FREE Scrap Mania!

Scrap Mania is the perfect place to get back into the creative groove—and for a limited time, when you buy a seat, you’ll get another FREE*!
- Purchase a seat to any 2013 Scrap Mania by January 31st.
- Get a FREE seat to use between now and June 30th.

*Limit five. Must purchase seat to any 2013 Scrap Mania by January 31st, 2013, and use your free seat before June 30th, 2013. See store for details.

Join us every Friday and Saturday night (5-11 p.m.) for six hours of crop time (or come as early as 3:00 for a little extra time). Plus, take 20% off your ENTIRE purchase that night (some exclusions apply), get a chance to win prizes, and much more. Set aside some time for you! Reserve your seat today!
you can buy your crop seat by phone with debit/credit card. if you think you will not get to use 2nd 'ticket'/seat by June 30th, pair up with someone for the day we meet and go halfsies. I do not go often to these, but I could prolly buy one or 2 of the seats if someone needed to sell by then.
this is near Town CEnter mall at I75and I575-Plently of places to eat-Atlanta BREAd and STEVie b's pizza in same shopping center; Michaels, Joanns,&Hobby Lobby a couple miles up the road. you can also bring all the food you want-there is a full size fridge available. no drink machines or any other kind either.

We can pick a date later, as long as it is before June 30th-that is if anyone wants to go ahead and buy the crop seats now. Now, once we pick a date, everyone MUST call in ASAP to reserve a seat. they will not hold spots at tables for folks to sit together. I can ask them to try to leave "my' table closed except to those who ask for it, if it is at least a month or so out but they really do not do that-they prefer you pay for the whole table if you want to sit with your 3 besties! I imagine they will give a confirmation# when you buy a seat for future use-I forgot to ask how that works-sorrry!-that makes sense, right? and prolly if ya'll sent me those conf#'s I could reserve all we need at one time. I will be there wed and will check with the mgr about that.
an advantage to meeting at Archivers(or NOT!)is that it is a store. with lots of scrapbook/art goodies, they have 2 workrooms complete with a cutter and a wall of about 100?or so dies(with 2 alphabets)and also dies for card making, available for your use while there. also if you sign up for their newsletter you will get email coupons. you do not have to print out your coupons-I never do anymore-if you are in the system with your email addie, they have your coupons 'in the cash register'-does that make sense??????
Reply to the thread with interest and possible dates. If you lived far enuf and wanted to spend the nite here somewhere, and do a Fri-sat or Sat-sun, you can leave your gear at the store overnight, tho sun is not a crop day, I am sure that is alright.
Reply to the thread with interest and possible dates. If you lived far enuf and wanted to spend the nite here somewhere, and do a Fri-sat or Sat-sun, you can leave your gear at the store overnight, tho sun is not a crop day, I am sure that is alright.
-------------
Now that is just my idea, if someone else wants to suggest or head up something else, thats fine too! IF we go with a get together at Archivers you DO NOT have to buy this BOGO deal, when we set the date you can call in and reserve a spot then, over the phone same way I mentioned above. it just has to be as soon as you can so we can sit together-its 4 to a table-we might can push 2 together if we have 8 of us.
SO-respond and lets see what we come up with!!!

SMikell
02-02-2013, 01:37 AM
Hey ya'll , shanna here. Im down in Valdosta, 20 mins. from Florida. I would love to meet ya'll but kennesaw is a bit far for me. Anyway i could convince ya'll to meet at the beach? Its still warm in Oct. :) but seriously, i would be down for trading and such. My email is smikell@valdosta.edu. in fact, our local art center in hosting a "Spring into Art" event in April if anyone is interested in participating. Turner Art Center, Valdosta GA.