PDA

View Full Version : Official Inchie-athon thread

Donnacr
06-04-2012, 04:53 AM
JUNE INCHIE (and MOO) A-Thon Official Thread

SO HAPPY YOU CAME TO PLAY!

Start time (in your time zone) 12:01 am (midnight) on Friday morning (But it really feels like Thursday Night at Midnight…same thing.) June 8, 2012, and end time (in your time zone) 11:59 pm (midnight) Monday June 11, 2012

Your Hosts for this weekend are donnacr and Jean

This weekend we will create:
1) INCHIES 1"X1” Mail Art. In any medium: collaging, sewing, painting, drawing, digital altering, photographs, metal work, beading, sculpting, using postage stamps, creating Found Poetry... you name it but all in a 1” space!
1a) MOOS 1" X 2 3/4" Mail art. In any medium as above.

(to make a cover - cut a normal ATC plastic pocket in half and tape the edges. You now have 2 Moo pockets)

2) Post your Awesome Creations here in the thread and to the AThon Gallery to share with the group.

3) Trade art (if you want to) or just share your creations in a post. (just a general fyi, typically they are traded in groups of 4 or 6 but you can trade inchies anyway that you agree upon with the other party).

4) Chat (if you can only stop in to admire the art and chat sometimes, that’s absolutely okay!)

5) Have awesome, ridiculous amounts of FUN!

OPTIONAL CHALLENGES/THEMES FOR THE WEEKEND:

Friday - faces (whimsical/comic/realistic); Spring strings and rings (zentangles or shapes)

Saturday – Spring wings (anything with wings); Spring tints (the colours you associate with Spring)

Sunday – Spring flings (flowers and flower patterns); black and white or monochromatic

Monday - Spring bling (sparkles); Spring sing (musical) or Spring king (crowns)

Remember this weekend is open to EVERYONE. You do not have to sign up.
Challenges and themes are ENTIRELY optional. Create whatever is speaking to you today.

What is an Inchie (Please be careful with your sizing if you don't have a 1" square Punch)
Inchies are collectible 1 x 1 inches of art in any media from traditional to altered art collage to fabric to polymer clay and so on.

Just a quick note. Typically inchies are traded in groups of 4 or 6 but you are free to make agreed upon trades for any number of inchies as long as both parties are happy.

After you trade your inchies they should be moved from the A thon gallery to Traded Mail Art (So only available Athon cards are in the athon gallery.)

Here's the "fine print"

What IS an ART-A-THON?
It’s a marathon create-your-favorite-art weekend, done over the same day and time in each time zone.
It’s kind of like we were all together for the weekend to play with our art supplies and this thread is our play room.

HOW IT WORKS: start creating art at the designated time, then upload your lovely creations to your gallery and post to the thread. Continue throughout the weekend. Trading and chatting ensues. At 11:59 on Monday June 11 (your time zone) you’re done creating art… however you may continue to chat and trade as long as you like.

HOW TO ASK FOR A TRADE: - When you find a piece of art or goody bag you must have, please SEND A PERSONAL MESSAGE (pm) to that person asking for a trade. Please DO NOT post requests for trades to the thread. It can get way too confusing.

Note: If you do make a trade, please be sure to send to your trade partner within two weeks. If you’re running late, communicate!

WANT TO COMPLIMENT AN ARTIST: And you will… remember you can click the You Rock button and leave it there.

HOW TO POST YOUR ART TO THE THREAD:
From your atcsforall.com gallery:
It’s easiest to have two windows open. I can create another "tab" and get to my gallery in one and be in my post reply box in the other.
Internet Explorer
1 Go to the main page of your gallery & right click on the picture you wish to post - this brings up a menu which has “properties” at the bottom.
2) Right click on “properties”, and it will show you "Address (URL)"Highlight the address/url and copy (Ctrl C).
Then follow steps 3 - 5 below
Note: Your picture will come up as large. Most folks use small or medium in the thread.

Mozella Firefox and Mac Safari (most versions)
1) Go to the main page of your gallery & right click on the picture you wish to post - this brings up a menu that includes “Copy Image Location” (which is about 2/3 down the list for me)
2) Click on the “Copy Image Location”
Then follow steps 3 - 5

3) Go to your post in the thread and click on the "insert image" button (looks like a postcard)
4) Paste the address (right click, click paste or Ctrl P) into the window that pops up and hit OK - that puts the code into your post for your picture to show up; (you paste the address from the properties box over the http thingy that shows when you open the "insert image" box)
5) Remember that images from the gallery are small, medium or large. Most folks use small or medium in the thread. Find the word small, medium or large (or letters s m l) in the address and change it to size you want.

[IMG]http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/400/small/1_Maygar_Posta-traded.jpg [/IMG

(leaving the last bracket off the above so you can see how the address will look)

From your computer:
1. Click POST REPLY at the bottom of the messages screen. Above the message box, click the paperclip next to the smiley face. Then upload as usual. This will upload your picture as a thumbnail.
2. If you go into the Quick Reply box at the bottom of the messages screen, click GO ADVANCED and you will get the paperclip above the message box.

NEW TO A-THONS?
If you have any questions at all, feel free to pm your host, or post your questions to the thread. We have a lot of experienced art-a-thoners who are more than willing to help those of you new to this craziness.

Evalila
06-04-2012, 05:06 AM
Ill be there! Love the challenge themes :)

Donnacr
06-04-2012, 05:10 AM
Thanks evalila - I tried to use most of the ones that Jean suggested:cute:

Spirit Soul
06-04-2012, 06:46 AM
I'll be playing too. I'm already snipping tiny pictures.

marilou
06-04-2012, 07:24 AM
Shopping day with my daughter on Saturday, but the other days...YES!!!

marilou
06-04-2012, 07:31 AM
Oeps sorry my mistake, only available as from Friday noon, till Sunday morning.
Our USA friends are coming to stay for 4 days, and we have planned a lot of
sight seeing. Roadhousette, glad you will take part, I know you will love it.

Moosecastle
06-04-2012, 08:34 AM
checking in :)

Donnacr
06-04-2012, 08:53 AM
And the gang is slowly taking shape - I will give people until I wake up tomorrow (it is now 11pm) to find this new thread and then I will invite them to join us.

From past experience I find that the holders I use to post my Inchies take more time than actually making the Inchies so I am making LOTS of them in advance:jiggy::jiggy:

Jewels
06-04-2012, 09:43 AM
Sounds like a good idea Donna.

Iridescent888
06-04-2012, 10:29 AM
Fun...I have a bunch blank here....I will also check in.

Jean
06-04-2012, 11:10 AM
I'm here and raring to go! Whoohoo!

Rogue Gal
06-04-2012, 02:15 PM
I'm getting ready for Portland, but I plan to play if time allows! Getting some backgrounds ready now...

locatray
06-04-2012, 02:15 PM
I will be playing! This will be great fun- I am excited to amp up my inchie collection!
Thanks for postin' & hostin'
:notworthy:

Bubblecup
06-04-2012, 03:47 PM
I'm all over this! Well, as much as working Saturday and Monday will allow.

sharlene54
06-04-2012, 04:41 PM
Donnacr, what are the holders? I'm new to inchies.

Donnacr
06-04-2012, 07:37 PM
There is a wonderful article written by Jean on the various ways to store and send Inchies - I use the cellotape method created by rkolig.
Here is the link to the article: Inchie carriers (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9261)

Jean
06-04-2012, 08:55 PM
I'm going to try the folded paper method. Seems if I pleated a piece of paper 5 inches wide, I could fold it in half, secure with tape on the open end, and slip into an ATC sleeve...for those mega trades... ;)

KESagers
06-04-2012, 11:10 PM
It's a busy weekend but I'll try to pop in. :)

HHC
06-04-2012, 11:18 PM
I'm really hoping to play a bit this weekend, although most will prolly go with me to AFA in Portland. But you never know! :D

tammybeck
06-05-2012, 09:39 AM
I am ready to play and have been knee deep inchies in preparation!

Jean
06-05-2012, 09:08 PM
I've been cutting and cutting!! I have some left that were punched for my by friends, but I've enlisted Deb's help in cutting them out using the guillotine cutter. What *I* would like to know is why the heck aren't rulers exactly one inch wide???? That would make life easier for us inchie types. lolol I may have to make my own inchie measure from rigid plastic packaging and that cutter...hmm.

Now, Donna, how far can we go ahead of time? I'm cutting...can I draw or do backgrounds on them before the athon and then finish them up during? Or must I do all the artwork during the athon? Or does it matter at all??

Jean
06-05-2012, 09:11 PM
Awwwwwwwwwwww, Donna! You used some of my rhyming-craziness for the themes! *blush* You sweetie! Hmm. You know, I'm not working on any of those themes!!!!!! LOLOLOL I will now, though.

I think she's gonna be sorry she took me on as cohost! eek!

sharlene54
06-06-2012, 07:50 AM
Can inchies be chunky?

Donnacr
06-06-2012, 08:15 AM
jean - you are already good value as a co-host. I was sitting here reading the posts since I was last here and starting chortling at your comments. You think that YOU have troubles getting inchies right - first I have to find an antique measuring instrument (Australia went metric in 1972).:shocked:

I am very happy with people preparing backgrounds before the Athon starts - as long as the Inchie is FINISHED during the Athon anything goes (how can we prove otherwise anyway?)

You had so many wonderful suggestions - how could I NOT use them? They were fun!!

EVERYONE - Remember that any theme is a suggestion ONLY to get the creative juices flowing - I know that mine often flow backwards and the results don't resemble the suggestion at all (but that IS where it started :wacko:)

Sharlene54 - I know that my Inchies often have a number of layers and so are chunky in that way but I don't know how you could attach danglies.

What do other people think?

Moosecastle
06-06-2012, 10:44 AM
Donnacr; Denmark is metric too, but I found a ruler that has both units. It's a crafts ruler with different edge patterns. I also found really cheap measuring tapes that has both units. So I don't think it'll be too difficult for you:) Otherwise I can send you a measuring tape - it wont reach you before the athon though;)

Evalila
06-06-2012, 01:44 PM
I use a quilt ruler and a rotary cutter - works great!

marilou
06-06-2012, 01:53 PM
Ha, I used the same stuff Evalila, did not know you are a quilter as well?

Jean
06-06-2012, 02:14 PM
Re: chunky inchies. They'll cost more to mail, but if you want to chunk 'em up, it's ok with me.

I sat here for an hour going through all my materials, finding inchies and w/c paper to cut into inchies and thought I'd give my Fiskars square-inch punch another try. So I had a chat with it, put in a piece of w/c paper, and squeezed. And groaned and kept squeezing. And yelped and oomphed and gave one MIGHTY squeeze, and an inchie blank shot out. Took about 15 seconds, honest to goodness.

But I figured, hey! It works! after a fashion....

So I tried again. Got one! And again. Got one! By now my arm hurt up to my elbow, but I got another one and then - disaster. The cutter not only refused to go through the watercolor paper, it also refused to release the paper. Grrrr. I'll have to play with it, as though I have time for this, so I made Deb take a photo of the punch hanging from a shred of w/c paper dangling from a tweezers and fired off an email to Fiskars.

Really, I expected better. I hate to sew, but I have to say, my fiskars shears were super, so I thought the shears would be too. Bleech. We'll see what they say. Wouldn't mind a refund.

Jean
06-06-2012, 02:16 PM
Oh, and...I'm preparing some backgrounds today and mmmm, mmmmm! :)

Rogue Gal
06-06-2012, 02:46 PM
Re: chunky inchies. They'll cost more to mail, but if you want to chunk 'em up, it's ok with me.

I sat here for an hour going through all my materials, finding inchies and w/c paper to cut into inchies and thought I'd give my Fiskars square-inch punch another try. So I had a chat with it, put in a piece of w/c paper, and squeezed. And groaned and kept squeezing. And yelped and oomphed and gave one MIGHTY squeeze, and an inchie blank shot out. Took about 15 seconds, honest to goodness.

But I figured, hey! It works! after a fashion....

So I tried again. Got one! And again. Got one! By now my arm hurt up to my elbow, but I got another one and then - disaster. The cutter not only refused to go through the watercolor paper, it also refused to release the paper. Grrrr. I'll have to play with it, as though I have time for this, so I made Deb take a photo of the punch hanging from a shred of w/c paper dangling from a tweezers and fired off an email to Fiskars.

Really, I expected better. I hate to sew, but I have to say, my fiskars shears were super, so I thought the shears would be too. Bleech. We'll see what they say. Wouldn't mind a refund.

Omg, Jean, I laughed so hard when I read this, because I totally relate! I too have a Fiskers inch punch and it does the same thing with the cereal box weight cardboard I use for the backings - it's a real struggle to get it to go through and then that feeling of success when and inchie finally shoots out! And I've had it jam on me too, or just refuse to punch - grrr. Recently I used it and then just out of curiosity I measured the resulting inchie blank, and it was slightly larger than an inch! No one has said anything about my inchies being off-size, but since I measured I've been using my paper cutter, which is also its own sort of challenge.

I've been prepping backgrounds and cutting out tiny images in preparation! :v_spin:

Ibus
06-06-2012, 03:12 PM
I too have an inchie punch that I was given by a friend and have yet to get an inchie out of it. :skeptical:

CynthiaSillitoe
06-06-2012, 04:32 PM
I hope to play some. A rotary cutter is a great idea.

Iridescent888
06-06-2012, 05:44 PM
Mine are prescored but hard to cut with scissors and get a straightedge...I am pulling out the rotary too..driving me crazy when I see a crooked inchie.

Donnacr
06-06-2012, 08:14 PM
What do people think about adding 'Moos' to the Inchie athon - they are just a slightly taller Inchie (being 1" by 2.75")?

There just seems to be a lot of interest in them at the moment.

CynthiaSillitoe
06-06-2012, 08:22 PM
Fine with me!

Jean
06-06-2012, 08:23 PM
I'm game!

HHC
06-06-2012, 09:10 PM
MOO! I could maybe make a moo! Maybe. 1 inch by 2 3/4 inch? Hmmmmmmm....

Rogue Gal
06-06-2012, 09:17 PM
Yay! I'm obsessed with MOOs at the moment!

monarch
06-06-2012, 09:21 PM
sounds like fun but depends how I am feeling........Having radiation treatments again:sad::sad:

miloccpep
06-06-2012, 09:37 PM
What do people think about adding 'Moos' to the Inchie athon - they are just a slightly taller Inchie (being 1" by 2.75")?

There just seems to be a lot of interest in them at the moment.

So it is Moo AND Inchies? I spent the last week cutting up my hoard of cereal boxes into ATCs, CHUNKIES, MOOs, and INCHIES. I supposed that would mean I am ready for this upcoming athon! YAY!

Jean, I don't have a Fiskar but can surely relate to having papers stuck in craft-punches! I'll see if I can source for a 1" wide ruler to sent you. I found I do have one when I was prepping the blanks! I used a guillotine cutter with it.

I will try to play in this athon, except my Thyroid is acting up again and I feel really lethargic.:( Oh well, I'll just go with the flow!!!:):cute::wideeyed:

Moosecastle
06-07-2012, 02:15 AM
If your punch gets stuck then try applying a bit of food oil - that's what Fiskars recommend. To sharpen it cut aluminum foil or sand paper.

Donnacr
06-07-2012, 06:55 AM
I have now added 'Moos' to the first post. It will be my first time making them too :D

miloccpep
06-07-2012, 08:58 AM
please enlighten me on how to finish the back of the MOO?

Evalila
06-07-2012, 09:15 AM
Just like an inchie - although some add a little color or pretty paper to the back.

miloccpep
06-07-2012, 09:20 AM
Gotcha! Thanks Evelyn.

Donnacr
06-07-2012, 09:27 AM
For all those who are in Australia, New Zealand or Singapore - only a short time before we can start our Inchies.
Unfortunately I have reached my limit and will see you all in the morning - Goodnight, sleep tight and have creative dreams.

Jean
06-07-2012, 01:12 PM
Fiskars replied to me. They want to send me another punch, this after noting that their crafting tools are only made to handle up to 67lb paper.

Ok: I told her I want to cut 140 lb watercolor paper, and she offers another inappropriate tool. Sheesh. I asked for a coupon instead.

Eleven hours till I can start artifying my inchie blanks and backgrounds! WHOO HOO!

Friday's theme/challenge is:
faces (whimsical/comic/realistic); Spring strings and rings (zentangles or shapes)

I'll start with my pink/white/black zen inchies for the swap...and then... who knows?!

Jewels
06-07-2012, 01:53 PM
Mine seems to be working alright on cereal box cardboard although I've noticed the handles are plastic and don't seem to very strong. Humph... Seems like it would make much more sense to have metal where the most stress occurs.

KESagers
06-07-2012, 06:21 PM
Just like an inchie - although some add a little color or pretty paper to the back.

I've been leaving my backs blank but I like the idea of patterned paper or color - I think I'll do that from now on.

Donnacr
06-07-2012, 07:06 PM
I had one punch fall apart so I investigated - the REAL weak point is the 2 tiny knobs of plastic whcih hold the whole punch together. One of those broke off with my punch and now it is useless - everything else is still perfect:mad:

Jean
06-07-2012, 07:19 PM
My fiskars punch has plastic parts, plastic framework plus a plastic comfort grip on the outside of the plastic support. The packaging was so tough to get open that the punch flipped out, landed on the carpet, and the comfort grip on one side popped right off, just snapped! I was so disgusted. That was the first clue, I expect.

The Fiskars rep has been very gracious. I asked her what would work for my inchies, and she suggested the craft cutter with extra blades would be good, so I'm taking that rather than another hole punch. Crossing fingers!

nanner
06-07-2012, 08:06 PM
Is fiskars a blue puncher? Cuz I was trying to punch out some starters last night and my puncher was worthless!

That said, got my x-acto trimmed inchies ready, and excited to add moooooo's to the mix!

Dear Weekend: Get here, already! :jiggy: :elvis: :jiggy:

KESagers
06-07-2012, 08:26 PM
I wonder if any of the die-cut companies make an inch square die-cut. The heavy duty cutters like Sizzix Big Shot easily cut through chip board.

CynthiaSillitoe
06-07-2012, 09:16 PM
Die-cuts would be worth looking at. Also, I like Bazzill Chips. They come in 1", 1.5", 2" and I think also 1" round. The only drawback is that they're thick, like...oh, a little thicker than a jigsaw puzzle piece. I actually like that about them as it makes them more durable, especially if you're inclined to go chunky, but it could be a weight issue for some swaps. I haven't bought any for a while, but they always seemed like a good deal, and it's worth it to me to spend money and save time and energy.

If anyone sees moo blanks anywhere, let me know. I'm getting tired of cutting them.

Jean
06-07-2012, 10:26 PM
Here you go, Nanner! It has Fiskars written on it. It works a treat on regular paper and/or lightweight cardstock, but I don't use those for inchies, I use watercolor paper, doggone it!

I suspect a die-cutter would make me think I'd died and gone to heaven, but those things are beyond my price range, sadly.

TF Balding
06-08-2012, 01:04 AM
It's Friday in Arkansas y'all! Woo-hoo!

Moosecastle
06-08-2012, 01:10 AM
Wow - that's a really expensive Fiskars punch! That's embarassing!

My inchie punch is the yellow one - I dont know the make:

http://i416.photobucket.com/albums/pp244/moosecastle/My%20Punches/punches011.jpg

And then I have a rinchie punch from EKSucces. Now their punches are quality for sure!

Jewels
06-08-2012, 01:34 AM
Here's a couple of inchie sets. There's a few more but I'll finished them tomorrow.

marilou
06-08-2012, 02:13 AM
Wow Jewels, impressive Can you put the "redspot" on hold for me please?
I will put some inchies on the thread this afternoon!

marilou
06-08-2012, 02:18 AM
Ha have my coffee now. Started to read the posts from the last one, so I missed the
rest of the talk. YESSSS for MOO's I am in, I prefer them above inchies.I always paint
the back of the MOO's and Chunky's, quicker and nicer than paper, I think.
Of for the weekend shopping.

KittyNL
06-08-2012, 03:00 AM
Goodmorning all. Unfortunately I have to work today and tomorrow as one of my projects is going live this weekend, but I will try to make some time this evening and on Sunday :)

Evalila
06-08-2012, 05:01 AM
Great start! Love your hearts, nupharhall! And your cows are too cute, Roadhousette!

marilou
06-08-2012, 08:21 AM
My inchies dryed while I was food-shopping, and here they are.
I was experimenting with fabric, coton and pink silk.
102084 I&M Atart 1
102085 I&M Atart 2
102086 I&M Atart 3 TRADED
As I have claimed a set from Jewels, I would like to give her first choice
They are on hold till later today.

GALZART
06-08-2012, 08:23 AM
I wonder if any of the die-cut companies make an inch square die-cut. The heavy duty cutters like Sizzix Big Shot easily cut through chip board.

Yes, I have seen packages of die cut Inchies...in a stamping and scrapbook store somewhere.........don't know where though.

Evalila
06-08-2012, 08:37 AM
My first inchies - set of 4

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/medium/1_Faces.jpg

Jewels
06-08-2012, 09:31 AM
Here are the other 4 abstract inchies. It took a while to put the info on the backs of all these. Think I'll work on some Zentangles next.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Inchies-_Color_Sweep.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Inchies-_Interwoven.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Inchies-_Color_Eddies.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Inchies-_BlueNet.jpg

Jewels
06-08-2012, 09:33 AM
There's been some great art here since I went to bed.

Love the Hearts Nuphar. And great Faces Evalila.

marilou
06-08-2012, 09:36 AM
And also dry, 2 sets of 4 MOO's
102090 I&M Atart 4

102091 I&M Atart 5

Iridescent888
06-08-2012, 10:50 AM
Oh...love those...garage sailing and dropping off kids but I am pumped...love the faces Evalila and need to find my mat...those pre scored are not 1x1 they are larger. Beautiful Jewels and Mariloupatch.

Moosecastle
06-08-2012, 11:12 AM
@Jewels: if you attach the inchies to a card you only need to write the info once:)

I have made 1 sets - they are currently drying

monarch
06-08-2012, 11:13 AM
available Moo cards.....................more in my gallery.......................

Jewels
06-08-2012, 11:26 AM
They're just stuck on with some tape. Good to know. It takes forever to write on every one of them.

Jean
06-08-2012, 11:28 AM
Super duper duper inchies and moos!!!! I have my backgrounds and will be uploading later... LOVE those faces, y'all - and now I want to do abstracts....what to do what to do?!

Just a request, please when you upload, do so as a thumbnail, as the larger photos slow down loading for those with older puters like some of us who will go unnamed. me

To load a thumbnail, remember to click Go Advanced and click the paperclip beside the smiley face...

Now I'm going to make INCHIES!!!

Jewels
06-08-2012, 11:30 AM
Here's some few Zentangle Inchies. These were fun. I'll be doing more I think.

Charlie Brown
06-08-2012, 11:38 AM
I'm hoping to make and post a few things this weekend. Everything looks wonderful so far! Inchies are my favorite and now my new love, moos - what a great reason to make a few batches!

Bubblecup
06-08-2012, 11:51 AM
OOooOOo, already so many great submissions! I slept in, so I'm behind. Brewing a pot of tea, and off to the craft room asap!

HHC
06-08-2012, 11:53 AM
Wow! Lot's of beautiful inchies and moos!

sharlene54
06-08-2012, 12:29 PM
WOW!!! Great inchies. I made my first ever inchies.
They are made from tissue paper and fibers.
1I
2I(traded)

KESagers
06-08-2012, 12:48 PM
What a great variety of techniques on the inchies and moos already!

Jean
06-08-2012, 01:06 PM
OMG! O.M.G! *pulling tufts of hair from head* *deep breath*

Ok. My punch sucks, pardon my French. So fine. I have some individually cut inchies sent from a friend, but friend 2 told me... Oh, making them individually is much more work! You have pro cut atc blanks...just measure an inch from the sides, and mark the inchies right on the card! Paint them, then cut with a scissors - it's SO much easier that way!

So I did. Twice. Metal ruler, sharp pencil. Measure, mark, double check. GOLDEN! What a happy camper I was! No slave to punches, I! FREE! FREE!

I painted and painted. I love my jellyfish inchies! I love my sun inchies! I am glad!

Then I cut them out. Truly, this is easier, I think to myself, as I stack them between my fingers. One inchie slips out.

That cannot be right, I think to myself. I measured. Double-checked! With my glasses cleaned and on!

I stack them and look at the sides of the inchies. No two match. Not two inchies match. NOT TWO!

So. Anyone who wants to trade with me be warned. They're really close to an inch in size, but gawd knows if any of them are actual inchies. And, as I recall, the inchie punch doesn't punch exactly one-inch squares either. wtb?! Is there no sure thing on earth? *wail* I long for certainty! I long for firm and sure measures! Where the heck are three firm, well-dried barleycorns when you need 'em?

So I'm not doing inchies anymore. I'm going to do inchielikes. They're like an inchie, only they aren't.

Truly: be advised. I have given up.

Jewels
06-08-2012, 01:11 PM
I've just been using a chop arm paper cutter so I'm not sure they're all exactly an inch either. We can only cross our fingers and hope for the best I guess.

Jean
06-08-2012, 01:29 PM
The jellyfish inchielikes are really nice, soft and glittery, but scan poorly...the suns are just suns. They're a hair off an inch, so they're probably exactly an inch on some rulers and not on others. Sheesh.

NOTE: I have an inchie trade pending, so I'll post whatever is left after that commitment is fulfilled in case anyone wants something.

Jellyfish
Suns

Jean
06-08-2012, 01:42 PM
More inchies...pending.

Left-right
row 1: cherries, view, purple grapes
row 2: lemon, red grapes

Back to painting! :D

marilou
06-08-2012, 01:52 PM
oeps.., oh Jean, so much problems to cut inches. I hav'nt, I use an inch ruler
I use also for patchwork, and a rotary cutter. I got a cutter as a present from my daughter, so I have 2 rotary cutters, one for patchwork (fabrics) and one for paper, etc. Works quite well :)
Love your inches! I don't think it would be a problem if one side of the square is 1/1oo of an inch less or more. Perfection does not exist!

KESagers
06-08-2012, 02:10 PM
I use a lot of chipboard for my inchies and no two are alike either Jean. I think yours will be fine. ;)

Moosecastle
06-08-2012, 02:15 PM
Here is my first set - all dried up;) - Fairy Tale Inchies. Let's see if you can guess the titles?

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/17179/large/1_FairyTaleInchies.jpg

Jewels
06-08-2012, 02:30 PM
Here's a couple more Zentangle Inchies.

Evalila
06-08-2012, 02:50 PM
a few moos:

CherylS
06-08-2012, 03:48 PM
Here's more inchies. Backgrounds are pearlescent ink.

marilou
06-08-2012, 04:42 PM
cut some more moo's and prepared backgrounds....worked in the garden as well,
need reloading of to bed.Night night everyone

Charlie Brown
06-08-2012, 05:13 PM
One thing that I use sometimes when I'm doing inchies is a stencil that I have. I found it in where the mechanical pencils and french curves are sold- it is nothing but all different sizes of squares. I pick one that is slightly larger than an inch (considering the cutting) and trace a bunch on paper and and do my inchie art inside. If I mess one up, just move to the next free square. This method is more ideal for hand drawn or painted inchies. Another method I do is cut several long 1" strips, go to town and cut them down - this is usually if I'm doing something more abstract or making bases for collaged inchies etc.

Taking a break from housework now with hopes of playing tomorrow and Sunday!

Jean
06-08-2012, 05:40 PM
Oooh, pearlescent inks....beautiful! *hunting for glitzy ink pens*

grrrdjules
06-08-2012, 06:03 PM
Oooooooh, did not know about this! I have some moos ready to make, cool!

Jewels
06-08-2012, 06:51 PM
Here's a few more Zentangles. I think I'm Zen-ed out for a bit. Maybe I'll try some Hand Drawn stuff.

CynthiaSillitoe
06-08-2012, 07:16 PM
Wow, amazing art, everyone! It doesn't look like I'll have time to play this weekend...my loss! Still it's great to admire the art.

alanabannana
06-08-2012, 07:29 PM
made a set of zens tonight for trade

Charlie Brown
06-08-2012, 09:30 PM
Working with three colors only for this fruit themed set.

Moosecastle
06-09-2012, 01:38 AM
Romantic Inchies

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/17179/large/1_inchieathon003.jpg

HHC
06-09-2012, 01:41 AM
Wonderful art, everyone. I have some backgrounds made, but haven't had time to put anything on them.

Evalila
06-09-2012, 01:43 AM
Wonderful artwork, everyone!

Hope to have the chance to play more than I did yesterday. My MIL was sick and I had to take care of her until the doctor came and then we had to take her to the hospital. :(

miloccpep
06-09-2012, 01:58 AM
It has not been fruitful arting for me. Muse went for a walkabout again! Nevertheless, these are my offering after much effort!
top left to right:
hand-drawn, brush marker color.
craft puncher security envie animals, embossed heart
stamping, no color yet
2nd Left to right
collage I found cookies!
Embossed bird w craftpuncher star.
Embossed butterfly.
3rd left to right
Stamping w colors

marilou
06-09-2012, 02:35 AM
Evelyne, hope Mil is getter better now.
Great art produced while I was sleeping :), see what I can do today.

marilou
06-09-2012, 03:12 AM
first set of the day. Very helpful if the background is ready to use.
It is the Bandana technique, on Adirondack Alcohol inks.
102148 I&M Atart 6
Inches are fixed on background with repositionable adhesive spray.

dmnh
06-09-2012, 04:40 AM
Wonderful art everyone!
My muse refused to cooperate until about three hours ago. I tried inchies but the three I drew with black marker on white cardstock ended up in the circular file. I almost attempted collage on inchies but then I remembered I pull my hair out when I attempt collage on inchies. So I opted for the usual and did markers of all colors on moo cards. I really like the moo card size!
I'll trade these however it works out best for whoever thinks they can't live without one or two! :)

Set One
tomatoes
sunrise
green spotted pear
pink poppy traded
siamese cat

Set Two
finch
poppies traded
circus dog traded
blueberries traded
swiss cheese

marilou
06-09-2012, 04:58 AM
Donna, I pm'd you. I think it is a great idea to let everyone choose and combine
their our set of MOO's. If anyone is interested, I am willing to trade as you choose.
Waiting for more MOO's to get dry.

Evalila
06-09-2012, 06:15 AM
My first Fimo-inchies ever;)

marilou
06-09-2012, 06:40 AM
and here comes more MOO's
102156 I&M Atart 7

102157 I&M Atart 8
Please make you own combination of 4, even from previous posted Moo's

KittyNL
06-09-2012, 07:18 AM
Hi there, I am still at work. We are almost done with the implementation of the new software. Then I can go home and create!

I made some polymer clay inchies yesterday, I will take a picture and upload them as soon as I come home. I have a few sets still in my gallery, pm me if you are interested to trade.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_Inchies_exotic_birds.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_Inchies_purples.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_Inchies_people.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_Inchies_greens.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_Inchies_orange_I.jpg

Evalila
06-09-2012, 08:49 AM
Was playing with Fimo some more - and made some inchie brooches and inchie charms.

Will trade for anything **LOL**

Sorry for the bac pics!

Charms:

Evalila
06-09-2012, 08:51 AM
Brooches I:

The brown flower and the small flowers are traded

Evalila
06-09-2012, 08:53 AM
Brooches II:

KittyNL
06-09-2012, 09:01 AM
Great stuff Evelyn!

Donnacr
06-09-2012, 09:59 AM
I am so frustrated! My husband was playing with his computer and managed to turn our Internet off - but he didn't do it (as far as he is concerned)?!?
I am back now (I hope).
So much beautiful work - I have been trying to give 'You rocks' but I have given too many so you will all just have to take a bow!

I have been creating all day and have now loaded them to my Gallery.
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/1_scan0009.jpg#1 http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/1_scan0010.jpg#2 http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/1_scan0011.jpg#3 http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/1_scan0012.jpg#4 http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/1_scan0013.jpg#5

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/2_scan0014.jpg#6 http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/2_scan0015.jpg#7 http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/2_scan0016.jpg#8 http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/2_scan0017.jpg#9 http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/1_scan0018.jpg

Jewels
06-09-2012, 10:04 AM
Here are some hand drawn inchies.

Kitty/TRADED

marilou
06-09-2012, 10:09 AM
Wow Jewels, love all those especially the fishes.

Donnacr
06-09-2012, 10:10 AM
And the las few before I go to bed:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/1_scan0019.jpg#11 http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/1_scan0020.jpg#12 The 12 animals in these 2 sets are available in any combination that you wish - just ask.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/8_scan0021.jpg#13 http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/8_scan0022.jpg#14 http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/7_scan0023.jpg#15

marilou
06-09-2012, 10:11 AM
Evelyne, LOVE your brooches, just so lovely.

Evalila
06-09-2012, 10:18 AM
Thank you!

WOW, Donna and Jewels have been creating up a storm! Wonderful inchies!!!

Donnacr
06-09-2012, 11:13 AM
Thanks Evalila - you were one of the people I was trying to 'You rock'. I love what you are making with the fimo - my favourites are the charms.

EVERYONE - don't forget:
1) to ask for trades you send that person a PM (very easy to do - just click on their name in the post where you see what you want and then click on 'Send a private message to. . .' on the pop-down menu). Do not ask in the thread as your request may be missed.

2) when your work has traded move it from the Athon Gallery to 'Mail Art: Traded and for swaps'.
This helps to keep the Gallery functioning efficiently and it is also a reminder to yourself that that card is traded.

I try to move my cards as soon as a trade is confirmed - out of the Athon Gallery and straight into an envelope that I have labelled with the trader's name.

sharlene54
06-09-2012, 11:20 AM
Those are great Evalila.

Another set-Sewing theme-a little out of focus beause they are chunky.

3I(traded)

marilou
06-09-2012, 11:23 AM
Sharlene LOVE those tiny chunkies, lovely!!!

Moosecastle
06-09-2012, 11:38 AM
I've been babysitting my friend's girls today, so they are the ones who have been crafting:

http://i416.photobucket.com/albums/pp244/moosecastle/crafting002.jpg

Jean
06-09-2012, 11:58 AM
Sorry I haven't been around this morning - saw a spider in washroom, and being terrified of spiders have spent HOURS online trying to ID it. Important work, as the bloomin' thing was too fast for either Deb or I to kill it. Slipped under a baseboard where we couldn't even get a fine cardstock under to force it out. Scary business!!!

Re: trading, moos or inchies, from first post:
3) Trade art (if you want to) or just share your creations in a post. (just a general fyi, typically they are traded in groups of 4 or 6 but you can trade inchies anyway that you agree upon with the other party). So feel free to trade however you like!

KESagers
06-09-2012, 12:33 PM
Jean - What kind of spider was it?

So many great inchies! I have a set ready - I'll upload soon.

KittyNL
06-09-2012, 12:55 PM
Great inchies everyone. Finally got home... here are 2 sets of polymer clay inchies. I made another set, but I am not happy with them yet... I will be back.

1. Numbers
2. Clocks

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_Inchies-a-thon_numbers.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_Inchies-a-thon_clocks.jpg

Jean
06-09-2012, 01:01 PM
Kesagers - it was a dark brown/possibly black spider. Not a recluse or widow; both are not uncommon in SE Louisiana, and so I checked them first, just to refresh my memory. I'm thinking a black house spider or a mouse spider possibly. Neither is exactly what I recall, but individual variation in color could account for it. Legs weren't very long, but man, that thing could scuttle!

About to finish up yesterday's inchies, then I'll upload....

Evalila
06-09-2012, 01:42 PM
... and some moos:

KittyNL
06-09-2012, 02:04 PM
Here are the pimped watch inchies, I might rub a bit of rub 'n buf on there for a little shine..

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_Inchies-a-thon_watches.jpg

Helene
06-09-2012, 02:46 PM
Gorgeous clocks, Kitty!!!!

Jean
06-09-2012, 03:06 PM
Kudos, kudos all! I am so enjoying the thumbnails! Here are some of yesterday's work. Can't find the others, argh.

left to right
abstract set TRADED
glittery set
misc
marsh - TRADED
face and
hearts
misc 2 - Leaf and House available Strawberry, olives, bird, and trees are gone.

nanner
06-09-2012, 04:49 PM
Hooray! Finally some art time. Made mine in batches of 4 before I saw all the beautiful 6-packs going in here. Oopsie!

Named based on the text that differentiates them (bigger piccys in my gallery):
100% Heart Batch - Cross Me Batch - Love Batch

Helene
06-09-2012, 04:51 PM
Hooray! Finally some art time. Made mine in batches of 4 before I saw all the beautiful 6-packs going in here. Oopsie!

Named based on the text that differentiates them (bigger piccys in my gallery):
100% Heart Batch - Cross Me Batch - Love Batch
It only means you have 2 sets of 6...one for me of course!!! hee hee hee

grrrdjules
06-09-2012, 04:51 PM
Here are some moos for 2:2 trading action!
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/361/1_Moo1.jpg
Beehive - available
Pedro - traded
Mad Scientist - traded
Gnome - traded

nanner
06-09-2012, 05:01 PM
It only means you have 2 sets of 6...one for me of course!!! hee hee hee

You are sweet! I matched these sacred hearts as 4-bangers, so to group them as 6 would not give the same variety or color story, methinks.

I have some star inchies coming, and will get with the program of 6-ers for them, ha! :idea:

CherylS
06-09-2012, 05:12 PM
I had another set of inchies that I forgot to post. This set is available. The photo is lighter than IRL. They are pearlescent ink & gel inks. I was off plein air painting today so nothing else til tomorrow.

Jean
06-09-2012, 05:56 PM
Super inchies to admire!

RE: sets. I've never traded by sets, as far as I can recall. I've always chosen inchies individually and traded that way as well. The total may have ended up being 4 or 6 or 13 or 34, lol, but each one was chosen individually.

I've made inchies in sets, abstracts mostly where I use the same colors, pieces, etc., on as many inchies as I can stretch the material to make...will work on being more focused on that.

alanabannana
06-09-2012, 06:06 PM
a butterfly collection up for grabs

Helene
06-09-2012, 06:13 PM
RE: sets. I've never traded by sets, as far as I can recall. I've always chosen inchies individually and traded that way as well. The total may have ended up being 4 or 6 or 13 or 34, lol, but each one was chosen individually.

Oh, I was going by what the first page of instructions, where it was mentioned that "typically" they are traded by sets but it's mostly up to the traders...But I like the idea of being able to trade one at a time! Glad that it is possible! Much easier that way! And you can build up an ecclectic set as you go! Sounds good to me!! :)

nanner
06-09-2012, 07:10 PM
Yeah, I was just trying to play along, too. I haven't done much inchie trading. Will prolly switch to moooooo's tomorrow. But for now, I have 6-packs of STARS
(Star Light and Star Bright). I'd definitely be open to trading these and the hearts individually. I LOVE variety. See my gallery for bigger piccys. LET'S TRADE!

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/1144/small/1_star_light.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/1144/small/1_star_bright.jpg

KESagers
06-09-2012, 07:53 PM
Here is a set from me. Traded as a set of 6

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Camera-Set-Action-inchies.jpg
Camera Set Action - traded

dmnh
06-09-2012, 08:12 PM
Wow! Some of yous have really been busy with inchies! And what wonderful inchies have appeared in this thread!

I have 3 more mooos and a set of 6 inchies to offer. Will trade moos anyway you want. Inchies I'll trade as a set. The birds' heads are not really cut off at the top. My scanner is being contrary today.

My inchies are cut on a guillotine cutter and they are not all perfectly inch square. Close, but not quite on some of them.

Moos:
purple zombie
green zombie
best friends

songbird inchies

grrrdjules
06-09-2012, 09:23 PM
Jeez, you guys are making me want to make inchies - so much good stuff!

grrrdjules
06-09-2012, 09:42 PM
Some mixed-media moos
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/361/1_Moo2.jpg
athlete - available
common - available
philosopher - available
prophet - available
heroic - available

KESagers
06-09-2012, 10:58 PM
I'm not getting as much made as I had hoped but I sure am enjoying the eye candy. Rock on!

Bubblecup
06-09-2012, 11:15 PM
OooOO, so much eye candy! *drool*

So far this weekend I've just done inchies, I finally got some sets of 6 done, and another "assorted" set that I'll trade individually. I do have more inchies in my available gallery too.

Bubblecup
06-09-2012, 11:17 PM
More sets. Please see my gallery for lots of other inchies! :D

dmnh
06-09-2012, 11:19 PM
More moos from me.
markers on cardstock

red dragonfly traded
dancers
striped butterfly traded
monarch butterfly traded

dmnh
06-10-2012, 01:06 AM
more moos from me. I'll trade them however you want.

green dragon
cigar traded
seahorse traded
mermaid

miloccpep
06-10-2012, 01:10 AM
dmnh, your MOOs ROCK!!

marilou
06-10-2012, 02:49 AM
Great ART everyone. Have a lot of fun those coming days, I am not able to join,
pity!!!

Evalila
06-10-2012, 02:53 AM
Here are my first inchies for today.

The gentlemen inchies have already been traded

The ladies are traded

KittyNL
06-10-2012, 03:39 AM
Goodmorning all,

I still had a set of black and white inchies which I forgot to scan. I will be making more inchies today.

4. Black and white

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_Inchies-a-thon_black_and_white.jpg

Donnacr
06-10-2012, 03:44 AM
Absolutely fantastic work everyone - I want some of all of them!

I have a question - I am new to making Moos and most of the Moos that I have seen have words on them. Is this necessary or can they be wordless?

Rogue Gal
06-10-2012, 03:51 AM
Words are unnecessary - moo away!

marilou
06-10-2012, 03:52 AM
Hi Donna, I prefer Moo's wordless, also for ATC's and inchies. I feel like one had to put words on it, with no sense at all, just to fill a blank spot. Not all of them of course, some are well thought through.
Dictionary cards of course do need text. I guess that you can make Moo's as ATC's just a different size :)

Evalila
06-10-2012, 04:04 AM
Here are some moos - without words ;)

handdrawn with gel pens on black cardstock

Evalila
06-10-2012, 06:11 AM
... and some cats:

Moosecastle
06-10-2012, 06:27 AM
I am VERY sorry for the big pictures I'm posting - my fotosizer programme has decided to not save the pictures when resized...

But cheer up; these are the last inchies from me in this athon:D

Urban Inchies

http://i416.photobucket.com/albums/pp244/moosecastle/inchieathon.jpg

KittyNL
06-10-2012, 07:21 AM
Here are 3 more sets from me. I was painting ATCs for the aboriginal swap and did some inchies as well.

6. bees
7. pink
8. aboriginal style

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_Inchies-a-thon_bees.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_Inchies-a-thon_pink.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_Inchies-a-thon_aboriginal.jpg

Donnacr
06-10-2012, 10:57 AM
Here are my last for tonight (they simply refused to dry!)
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/1_scan0028.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/7_scan0029.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/7_scan0030.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/8_scan0031.jpg These are all very sparkly in real life, my scanner has not done them justice.
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/7_scan0032.jpgtraded to mariloupatch

Evalila
06-10-2012, 11:17 AM
Maybe the last for today:

Hearts traded

Birds, Bugs and Butterflies

Jean
06-10-2012, 12:15 PM
Fabulous inchies! Mouseit, your work is so lovely, it's wonderful to see it up close! Don't let your scanner woes keep you from posting your work - we wanna see! ;)

Jean
06-10-2012, 12:19 PM
Oh, and...when I have traded indiv groups of inchies, I sent them in holders, not mounted to a card. Do you mount them? If so, how, may I ask?

I have signed the back of them...do you not sign them individually when you mount them??

KESagers
06-10-2012, 12:52 PM
My inchies will be sent unmounted and signed on the back of each one. :)

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Little-Hugs-inchies.jpg
Little Hugs - traded
(traded as a set of 6 please)

I'm not getting very many made this weekend but I have several still available in my gallery if anyone is interested. ;)

KittyNL
06-10-2012, 01:16 PM
Here are 3 more polymer clay sets of 6 inchies.

8. Gates and stars
9. Clocks 2
10. Red copper

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_Inchies-a-thon_gates_and_stars.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/2_Inchies-a-thon_clocks_2.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_Inchies-a-thon_red_copper.jpg

sharlene54
06-10-2012, 01:18 PM
Here's 1 more

I 4 (traded)

Jean
06-10-2012, 01:56 PM
Ok, bizarre. Just uploaded inchies to the athon gallery and the paperclip icon won't open up to let me attach them here. I deleted old attachments to make room, but still....nothing.

anyway, they're all abstract and in my gallery if anyone wants to see or trade.

locatray
06-10-2012, 02:20 PM
Here's a few weekend-made inchies I'd love to trade. Please PM me if you're interested in some...

Helene
06-10-2012, 02:21 PM
OK...this is my first time doing inchies...so it's taken me some time to get the hang of it...I'm waiting for my first ones to dry and then I'll post them...I must admit that they are kinda fun to do!

Jean
06-10-2012, 02:31 PM
They are addictive! lol *rubbing hands* Welcome to inchie-compulsion, Helene! ;)

Helene
06-10-2012, 02:46 PM
There are sets of various numbers...of course...because I'm experimenting with the 'inchie' concept...and I really don't know what the heck I'm doing....

102253 TRADED
102254 TRADED
102255 TRADED
102256 TRADED
102257 TRADED

My first inchies...woohoo!...I have others I need to finish...I'm all over the place...as usual...:v_spin:

Helene
06-10-2012, 04:30 PM
102261 These are similar, so they can be traded as singles (ONE OF THESE IS LEFT)

102262 TRADED

102263 TRADED

Yes...Jean...I can see myself getting stuck on making these!!!

Nancy
06-10-2012, 04:49 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/1854/small/1_Mexican_Folk_Art.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=306660) Oh my, I did not know that you were doing moos!!!!
Here are some Mexican Folk Art that I made today!

sharlene54
06-10-2012, 05:08 PM
I love all the eye candy. I wish I had time to make more so that I could trade more.

I do have one set of inchies left--have a look.

grrrdjules
06-10-2012, 05:43 PM
Well I only made a few trades, it was definitely an inchie -a-thon. At least I have moos made now that I can use in another swap.

Jewels
06-10-2012, 06:02 PM
Here's another set of Cat Inchies.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Inchies-_Mind_of_a_Cat.jpg

Jean
06-10-2012, 07:04 PM
So much fabulous work! Love the catchies, Jewels! Back to the watercolors for me!

Donnacr
06-10-2012, 09:00 PM
Jean - I was trying to load my last cards last night and I couldn't get the attachment control to work either (so glad that it was not just me - as my caring husband told me)
Helene - those Inchies are GREAT!! Keep them coming.
grrrdjules - I was going to have a go at Moos today. I thought that it was fairly even between Inchies and Moos - at least there were a lot of Moos that I saw (and wanted) but didn't have any to trade with :unsure::yes:

Jean
06-10-2012, 09:07 PM
Oh, good, Donna - I thought it was me. It must be the co-host curse in action... *shiver* I'll see if Carole Cadek can exorcise it for us. ;)

I've been inching it up and now I'm waiting for sunset inchies to dry and still finishing some house ones...I haven't done this much art for a longtime but I'm enjoying it. And the eye-candy is top-drawer!

grrrdjules
06-10-2012, 09:44 PM
grrrdjules - I was going to have a go at Moos today. I thought that it was fairly even between Inchies and Moos - at least there were a lot of Moos that I saw (and wanted) but didn't have any to trade with :unsure::yes:[/QUOTE]

Whah, no one asked to trade with me. Guess I'm losing my edge. lol. No worries. They'll be upcycled.

Rogue Gal
06-10-2012, 10:15 PM
I asked to trade with you, Jules! You were my only trade!

Helene
06-10-2012, 10:24 PM
grrrdjules -Whah, no one asked to trade with me. Guess I'm losing my edge. lol. No worries. They'll be upcycled. [/QUOTE]

I would have totally traded with you...but I am not making moos (yet!!)...I said before that I'm sticking to ATCs....and then today, I got sucked into inchies...now I like making them! But if I did make moos, I would definitely trade with you! :cute:

Jewels
06-10-2012, 10:26 PM
Here are some Kitty Moos. Serious problems getting the attachment buttons to work here...
Dang, that was fast. ALL TRADED.
Does anyone know if this ends tonight or tomorrow?

iowesa
06-10-2012, 10:28 PM
Haven't quite learned to make inchies, but I've really been enjoying looking at everyone's great work.

Jean
06-10-2012, 11:16 PM
We end Monday night! Start time (in your time zone) 12:01 am (midnight) on Friday morning (But it really feels like Thursday Night at Midnight…same thing.) June 8, 2012, and end time (in your time zone) 11:59 pm (midnight) Monday June 11, 2012

Tomorrow's challenge is bling, as I recall....

Not lots of trading, but we can always trade after the fact....

I'm down for the night...see y'all tomorrow!

dmnh
06-10-2012, 11:22 PM
You all have produced some more wonderful tiny artwork today!
I'm afraid my muse has wandered away from drawing. I've worked on an origami buckyball and I've crocheted a bit today.
I still have some moos to trade and a set of inchies if anyone is interested. I doubt there will be anything more from me today. Maybe tomorrow. We'll see if the muse will cooperate. Art on everybody!

Jewels
06-10-2012, 11:40 PM
I'm done for the night too. Catch ya'll tomorrow.

miloccpep
06-11-2012, 12:36 AM
RRRibbit! w waterlily postage stamp.
A giraffie,a bird, a hippo.
Brainchild.

Helene
06-11-2012, 03:37 AM
Well...I just read the instructions about mailing these inchies...(I know I should have been prepared...but I just got swept into this A-Thon inadvertently! That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it)...but now I have to build some of those cool little ATC size carriers!

So guys...be patient with me and I will mail as soon as I get those done! (tomorrow is back to work for a pretty crazy week).
I had a blast!!! thank you to all the artists who traded with me for my first inchies.

Moosecastle
06-11-2012, 06:20 AM
And dont forget; Left-At-Home-Athon 13-17 June. Maybe a good idea not to close those envies yet? ;)

Donnacr
06-11-2012, 08:19 AM
My 'today' is 'tomorrow' for most of you (that means that I am just finishing my Monday :wacko:)
Here are my bling Inchies and the last from me for this Athon:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/4_scan0033.jpg#21 http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/2_scan0034.jpg#22 http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/3_scan0035.jpg#23 http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/3_scan0036.jpg#24 http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/3_scan0037.jpg#25

I have a very busy day ahead of me tomorrow and probably won't be able to get back to my computer till early evening. Let me say that I have NEVER made so many sets of Inchies or seen SO many beautiful creations that I wanted. You have all done an amazing job on very little canvases (and that includes all those talented Moo creators).

I look forward to trading with many of you during the upcoming ATART - all us lonely left-at-homers have to stick together, don't we?

jean - I don't know why you were scared about Hosting - you have done a wonderful job. I have loved co-hosting with you. The training wheels come off tomorrow as you are on your own - YOU CAN DO IT!!

Evalila
06-11-2012, 09:43 AM
ByeBye, Donna:)

Here are some more moos - they are on hold, monarch and dmnh have first choice:)

Helene
06-11-2012, 10:25 AM
I see the suggestion of leaving the envies open for the week of 'Stay-at-Home' a-thon.
So I will check which ones of my traders are planning to play and hold those....if that is ok with you guys...(??)
Otherwise I will mail as promised.
Here is one last set that traded LATE last night to a 'brave' artist who took them 'sight-unseen', so they are traded but I still wanted to share, here in the thread.
Thanks all!
102325 Traded

monarch
06-11-2012, 10:26 AM
available moo cards......................dmnh has first choice...............

#31 traded dmnh
#32 traded dmnh
#12 available
#18 available
#19 available
#21 available
#27 available
#29 traded dmnh
#30 traded dmnh

Jean
06-11-2012, 12:19 PM
I'll be uploading yesterday's work shortly...just a few, but working on a series today. Having a BALL! :D Others are drying.

Sunsets traded

Jean
06-11-2012, 02:26 PM
more inchies

6a Blue/rose/yellow flowers - glitter pen doesn't scan
6a earth/sky/scape TRADED
6b daytime nighttime - glitter pen doesn't scan

Jewels
06-11-2012, 03:12 PM
Here are some inchies.

Jewels
06-11-2012, 03:13 PM
And some Moos. The butterfly Moos are not shorter. Not sure why the pict did that.

sharlene54
06-11-2012, 06:51 PM
HELP--Do I sign the back of each inchie? What do I do-what do I do?

Jean
06-11-2012, 07:17 PM
It depends! If you are trading individual inchies, I'd sign the back. If you are trading a full set, your partner might not mind your mounting them permanently and signing the card rather than each inchie. Whatever you and your partner choose is a-ok!

Bubblecup
06-11-2012, 10:59 PM
*whew* just made it with 12 final sets of inchies, with 5 mins to spare! hehe It's been great fun, here's a few of what I posted, please see my gallery for the rest!

Moosecastle
06-12-2012, 02:32 AM
I have posted the official thread for the All-Arts-Athon running from June 13 to June 17:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1249631#post1249631

Spirit Soul
06-12-2012, 11:50 AM
Thank you all for a fun weekend. I'm so happy to really start an inchie collection.

I'll be out of town for a couple of weeks (leaving Sat. which means I can't play next weekend) so I'm mailing out all I can today. Please be patient if you don't get your itrader until July 1!

KittyNL
06-12-2012, 01:43 PM
Thanks for the great a-thon!!

KESagers
06-12-2012, 03:00 PM
Thank you to our hostess for a fun inchie-a-thon! I really enjoyed all of the eye candy!

nanner
06-12-2012, 05:20 PM
Thanks all, hosts and players alike! :wubclub:

Jean
06-12-2012, 06:46 PM
I think I posted rep for the artists playing...if I inadvertently missed you, let me know and I'll take care of it.

Thanks for playing, all, and thanks to lovely hostess Donnacr for letting me learn at her feet!

And next weekend we get to do it again at the ATART! :D

miloccpep
06-12-2012, 07:45 PM
Thank you Jean, Donna, for hosting this athon. Managed to do my first MOO cards and they traded!

Bubblecup
06-12-2012, 09:32 PM
Thank you for our hostesses with the mostesses! :D I had a lot of fun! I'm glad I was able to come up with lots of time to play too! I'll be in for the next one for sure!

marilou
06-13-2012, 06:16 AM
A quick note before we are going sightseeing again...pity I could not play more, but the envelopes will be in the mail by the end of the week. Thanks Donna & Jean for organizing the Athon.

sharlene54
06-13-2012, 02:11 PM
Thanks to our hostesses. My first attempts at inchies was a blast. Great fun and great art.

Iridescent888
06-14-2012, 07:07 AM
Life came first but I enjoyed checking in...thanks for hosting!

Donnacr
06-27-2012, 09:51 AM
I don't know about everyone else but the Athons came so close together that I am acknowledging most of my returns in the 'East, West, Home is Best' thread.
I am going to archive this thread now.

Thanks for making it so much fun!!

monarch
06-27-2012, 10:02 AM
Thank you girls for hosting this fun Athon!!!!