PDA

View Full Version : East, West, Home Is Best-athon

Moosecastle
06-12-2012, 02:28 AM
Welcome to 5 days of arting, crafting, chatting, posting, uploading, praising and outright well-being! :jiggy:

There will be no late departures, no cancelled flights, no bulky hotel-beds - just lots of fun ;)

I have borrowed KESagers brilliant set-up from the St. Pat-athon :notworthy:

Here are the themes for the individual days. They are as always optional - but if you wan't to enter the day's prize draw, you have to upload 1 creation with that day's theme :cute:

13 Jun Wed: Luxury (rhinestones, pearls, velvet, fur, silk, royalty...)

14 Jun Thu: Entertainment (circus, theme parks, movies, theater, ballet...)

15 Jun Fri: Home Sweet Home (houses, house boats, tent, kitchen, living room, garden, nest - anything that means home to you)

16 Jun Sat: Your Country, City, Area (sightseeing, landscape, wildlife, traditions, local legends, famous people, national bird/animal/flower...)

17 Jun Sun: Journeys (travels, holidays, migration, moving, inner journey, life journey...)

Regular Random Drawing
Each day from 12:01 am until 12 midnight that night I will be will be keeping a list of everyone that uploads at least one piece of art that meets these 2 requirements:

1 Has an element of that day's theme
2 Is available for trade

Your name will be entered once per day regardless of how much art you upload. You may only win one regular random drawing prize during the entire marathon.

Grand Prize Drawing

This prize package will be awarded to the person who uploads the most availble for trade art with Sunday's theme "Journey" in it from 12:01am Sunday morning through 12 midnight Sunday night. The art does not need to be created from begining to end on Sunday but it must be finished on Sunday.

The last day of a marathon is usually the quietest and this way the person who stays strong until the end gets the prize.

After you trade your creations they should be moved from the A thon gallery to Traded ATC's or Traded Mail Art (So only available Athon creations are in the athon gallery.)

Here's the "fine print"

What IS an ART-A-THON?
It’s a marathon create-your-favorite-art period, done over the same day and time in each time zone.
It’s kind of like we were all together for 5 days to play with our art supplies and this thread is our play room.

HOW IT WORKS: start creating art at the designated time, then upload your lovely creations to your gallery and post to the thread. Continue throughout the athon. Trading and chatting ensues. At 11:59 on Sunday June 17 (your time zone) you’re done creating art… however you may continue to chat and trade as long as you like.

HOW TO ASK FOR A TRADE: - When you find a piece of art or creation you must have, please SEND A PERSONAL MESSAGE (pm) to that person asking for a trade. Please DO NOT post requests for trades to the thread. It can get way too confusing.

Note: If you do make a trade, please be sure to send to your trade partner within two weeks. If you’re running late, communicate!

WANT TO COMPLIMENT AN ARTIST: And you will… remember you can click the You Rock button and leave it there.

HOW TO POST YOUR ART TO THE THREAD:
From your atcsforall.com gallery:
It’s easiest to have two windows open. I can create another "tab" and get to my gallery in one and be in my post reply box in the other.
Internet Explorer
1 Go to the main page of your gallery & right click on the picture you wish to post - this brings up a menu which has “properties” at the bottom.
2) Right click on “properties”, and it will show you "Address (URL)"Highlight the address/url and copy (Ctrl C).
Then follow steps 3 - 5 below
Note: Your picture will come up as large. Most folks use small or medium in the thread.

Mozella Firefox, Google Chrome and Mac Safari (most versions)
1) Go to the main page of your gallery & right click on the picture you wish to post - this brings up a menu that includes “Copy Image Location” (which is about 2/3 down the list for me)
2) Click on the “Copy Image Location”
Then follow steps 3 - 5

3) Go to your post in the thread and click on the "insert image" button (looks like a postcard)
4) Paste the address (right click, click paste or Ctrl P) into the window that pops up and hit OK - that puts the code into your post for your picture to show up; (you paste the address from the properties box over the http thingy that shows when you open the "insert image" box)
5) Remember that images from the gallery are small, medium or large. Most folks use small or medium in the thread. Find the word small, medium or large (or letters s m l) in the address and change it to size you want.

[IMG]http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/400/small/1_Maygar_Posta-traded.jpg [/IMG

(leaving the last bracket off the above so you can see how the address will look)

From your computer:
1. Click POST REPLY at the bottom of the messages screen. Above the message box, click the paperclip next to the smiley face. Then upload as usual. This will upload your picture as a thumbnail.
2. If you go into the Quick Reply box at the bottom of the messages screen, click GO ADVANCED and you will get the paperclip above the message box.

NEW TO A-THONS?
If you have any questions at all, feel free to pm your host, or post your questions to the thread. We have a lot of experienced art-a-thoners who are more than willing to help those of you new to this craziness :goofy:

sniisk
06-12-2012, 03:06 AM
Good instructions!

I'll start tomorrow morning. I'm having a free day then :).

Evalila
06-12-2012, 03:49 AM
Great! I´ll be there as often as I can:)

sniisk
06-12-2012, 03:57 AM
By the way, I'm not at home. But I'll play anyway :twitcy:.

Donnacr
06-12-2012, 04:03 AM
This is great - I flow from one Athon straight into the next - WHEE_EE_E_E_E!!

'Luxury' - where did I put that velvet. . .?

theweavershand
06-12-2012, 04:16 AM
im hoping to play a little but we are getting ready to move so i dont know if ill have the time. ill be watching though and wishing i was trading for all the beautiful art i know youll be making.

Jewels
06-12-2012, 07:13 AM
I won't be able to do much until the Friday but I'll be playing.

Moosecastle
06-12-2012, 07:17 AM
Are you on holiday Sniisk? Or at your cabin?

Good luck moving to theweavershand! (I really hope you're not leaving Pflugerville; I love that city name:D)

Flow away Donnacr, flow away:D There should never be too long between athons!

Moosecastle
06-12-2012, 07:30 AM
I'll be trying my hand at this ATC Paper Fan. So not a huge amount of creations from me tomorrow - lots of swear words though;):D

http://artfullymusing.blogspot.dk/2011/02/thinking-out-of-box-atc-fan-tutorial.html

KittyNL
06-12-2012, 08:07 AM
I will have some time to play! I just LOVE a-thons.... :v_spin:

rogalaca
06-12-2012, 09:29 AM
OK........ I have never done one of these soooo questions
What size are we doing? ATC's?
We post in the A-Thon Gallery (which I need to find) AND here right?

I will play. I have a meeting Wed morning so will be slow in starting.

Moosecastle
06-12-2012, 09:36 AM
@rogalaca : This is an All-Arts-Athon - which means you can create whatever you feel like:). The Athon-gallery is where your other galleries are. And if you want to trade and be praised to the skies then you should post both there and here:D

HotMamaRama
06-12-2012, 10:43 AM
Oh yes I want to play! This will certainly help ease the pain of not being able to go to Portland for the Art Gathering!

We've had company here for the past 9 days and I haven't been able to make anything. I'm taking them to the airport within the hour, so I should be able to start playing when I get back! :jiggy:

rogalaca
06-12-2012, 10:53 AM
@rogalaca : This is an All-Arts-Athon - which means you can create whatever you feel like:). The Athon-gallery is where your other galleries are. And if you want to trade and be praised to the skies then you should post both there and here:D

Great thanks

Wil Opio Oguta
06-12-2012, 12:45 PM
I hope to find some time so that I can play :-)

KathyD
06-12-2012, 01:36 PM
I will try to play. Great instructions!

bluesybreeze
06-12-2012, 01:52 PM
I wanna play. I had such a good time in Dallas last year. I'm so glad you are having a party a thon for those of us who couldn't go. I, too will be in a meeting all day tomorrow, but I'ii start as soon as I can.

sniisk
06-12-2012, 02:38 PM
Are you on holiday Sniisk? Or at your cabin?

I'm on holiday rest of the week. And at our cabin. But I have my supplies here :).

HotMamaRama
06-12-2012, 02:39 PM
Okay - I am ready to start arting. Getting materials ready for tomorrow! Cutting illustration board to atc and Moo size, rounding up mixed media materials, cutting out ephemera, etc.... I should be all ready to go first thing tomorrow!! :yes:

Oh and my two kids 9 & 6 are precutting out chunky's and atcs and moos for some creating of their own. If any of you have kids who want to trade kid art for kid art let me know. My kids LOVE to trade!!!

Oh and my kids LOVE to trade with adults too! :)

sniisk
06-12-2012, 02:41 PM
2 hours 20 minutes to go here :).

sharlene54
06-12-2012, 02:53 PM
I hope I have time to create.

Tomorrow I'll be shopping for a fascinator hat. I've been invited to a bridal tea which the hostess would like all to wear a hat. I'm not a hat person, so I'll see how it goes. I found a store about 30 minutes away that has fascinator hats. Does it sounds like fun?

topacelot
06-12-2012, 02:57 PM
I have been greatly lacking inspiration lately. Maybe I'll pick up something this weekend. lol there is no way I will have the most on Sunday.

On the side working on correcting pictures & put together wedding albums for us, my mom and my inlaws and printing some for other family...this is going to be a big project but I'd rather do it myself and be happy with it.

topacelot
06-12-2012, 03:15 PM
Sounds like fun...I'm ok with some hats but wouldn't be able to take myself seriously in a fascinator lol

Helene
06-12-2012, 04:16 PM
I will play if we can 'trash-talk' and 'bad-mouth' all those lucky Portland people...including my 3 friends up there!!! Who's with me?

Helene
06-12-2012, 04:20 PM
Tomorrow I'll be shopping for a fascinator hat. I've been invited to a bridal tea which the hostess would like all to wear a hat. I'm not a hat person, so I'll see how it goes. I found a store about 30 minutes away that has fascinator hats. Does it sounds like fun?

Yes...go for the hat...I LOVE hats...Post a pic when you find yours...I wanna see!

Moosecastle
06-13-2012, 01:48 AM
@Helene : You just trash-talk all you like - I think they can take it;) And btw they wont even have time to see it...

@HotMamaRama - Kids are more than welcome to play along:)

Evalila
06-13-2012, 02:59 AM
I have no kids. But do parents-in-law count? At least they can behave like kids:twitcy::wacko::twitcy: ...and we live in the same house....:swoon:

sniisk
06-13-2012, 03:44 AM
Evelyn, yes, of course we count them! By the way, my dad is visiting here today. Hope he likes to make ATCs... Well, my crafting time is limited today because I get some help to get renovating supplies. We are renovating our cabin and because I cannot drive anymore (meds), I always need someone to drive me to stores.

rogalaca
06-13-2012, 08:59 AM
Luxury 6-13 ...Fur (chunky)
this is my first a-thon and I thought we were supposed to follow the list

Moosecastle
06-13-2012, 09:10 AM
You don't have to follow the theme - only if you want to enter the daily contest:)

Love those kitties - except the first; it's NOT a cat;):D And cats ooze luxury with their condesending air;):D

Sorry I havent been here much - my Mum invited me out for lunch:)

I'm working on the paper fan and will upload pics when I get a bit further along:)

rogalaca
06-13-2012, 10:43 AM
Diamonds and Fur chunky

HotMamaRama
06-13-2012, 12:01 PM
Greetings fellow Athoners! I'm busy sketching away on Moos and atcs. Hope to have something for show and tell soon. I'm catching up on some swap atcs while I'm at it, but should have some for trade ones too!

HotMamaRama
06-13-2012, 12:02 PM
So I am at a loss for todays theme. Have no clue what to make... drawing a big fat blank.... Maybe more tea would help. :)

Moosecastle
06-13-2012, 12:18 PM
Luxury; overflowing, Marie Antoinette, Kleopatra, hareems, cornupias(?), sports cars, gluttony...

@Roadhousette: I'm just quoting Joey Tribbiani from "Friends" ;):D

Moosecastle
06-13-2012, 12:22 PM
Luxury; feasts, banquets, Venice mask ball, greek gods (Bacchus)...

HotMamaRama
06-13-2012, 12:32 PM
oh those help! :yes: Thank you!

Nancy
06-13-2012, 12:41 PM
I want to play!! Hopefully I can start tonight to get in some sparkle/glitsy cards...but if not, will be here tomorrow for sure!

Moosecastle
06-13-2012, 01:23 PM
@HotMamaRama : Brainstorming'R'Us :D

sniisk
06-13-2012, 01:31 PM
I've been very creative. I've started 7 cards but haven't finished any... :wacko:

Moosecastle
06-13-2012, 02:07 PM
Here is how far I am with my paper fan. It is precision work on a higher level! :wacko:

http://s416.photobucket.com/albums/pp244/moosecastle/?action=view&current=PaperFan002.jpg

My photosizer programme is out of order, so I can't post pictures in here...

KittyNL
06-13-2012, 02:08 PM
Hi there, I was working today and I am sooooo tired.... pffff..... I would love to take a nap but I am afraid I will not wake up til midnight. So I better go and create something :)

sharlene54
06-13-2012, 02:09 PM
The art is wonderful. I don't have time ringt now to create. I need to finish some other projects first.

I went shopping for facilitator hats today-what fun. They are so cute. I haven't bought one yet, but I will. If I get one before the weekend is over, I'll post it.

Moosecastle
06-13-2012, 02:12 PM
@KittyNL : You would probably be disturbed by shouting football-fans;)

@sharlene54 : You better post pictures of the hat - and on your head!! ;)

KathyD
06-13-2012, 02:31 PM
I've finished my ode to luxury. It's an altered key. I'm very willing to trade for other types of art.

Kinuko
06-13-2012, 03:14 PM
Wow, a fantastic start. Hope to find some time to play after my exam tomorrow

KittyNL
06-13-2012, 04:10 PM
@Moosecastle; you are right! But it seems to be really quiet here, are we behind? Oh yes... :wideeyed:

Anyway, I made some prints from self carved stamps. I made the zebra stamp in Pam Carrikers class 2 weeks ago, I love it, I hadn't used it before, but I collaged the background and printed it on some paper I made in Kari Holbrooks class. The zebra is 4" x 6" in size, the others are ATCs.

1. Black and White - print from self carved stamp
2. Black and White - print from self carved stamp
3. Collaged bird
4. Zebra - with print from self carved stamp (postcard format)

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_Atart_June_1.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_Atart_June_2.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_Atart_June_3.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_Atart_June_4.jpg

KittyNL
06-13-2012, 04:31 PM
@Roadhousette: Thanks!

Moosecastle
06-13-2012, 04:43 PM
@KathyD : nice ode;)

@KittyNL: well both our countries lost tonight...

Here is how far I've come with the paper fan for now. I'm getting tired so won't work on it til tomorrow to avoid major fails:D

http://i416.photobucket.com/albums/pp244/moosecastle/PaperFan003.jpg

Ibus
06-13-2012, 04:47 PM
oooh, that fan's beautiful! :notworthy:

HotMamaRama
06-13-2012, 07:28 PM
Hi all, I'm back! Bet you didn't even noticed I wasn't around. haha Had to go to the eye doctor and been searching for some cute glasses all afternoon! Still haven't found anything I love, but will eventually.

Back to arting. Hope to have something to show and tell before the day is out!

bluesybreeze
06-13-2012, 09:09 PM
Yee Haw 2 done! I coming on like a herd of terrapins!

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/5909/small/1_Time_is.jpg Time is.. http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/5909/small/1_Fairy_Queen.jpg Fairy Queen

Helene
06-13-2012, 11:16 PM
102461TRADED: #1, #3, #7, #9

OK...YES...all inchies...that last week-end got me hooked...I CAN'T stop!!!! So much fun...
So let's number them 1 to 9...shall we?
WHAT???? You want me to give them titles??? are you guys nuts?...that is a lot of itty-bitty little titles!...Well....I'll think about it!

Helene
06-13-2012, 11:39 PM
Yee Haw 2 done! I coming on like a herd of terrapins!

Pardon my French, but what's a Terrapin???? (and I AM french speaking...sorta)

bluesybreeze
06-14-2012, 02:22 AM
A terrapin is a type of turtle. Here we call any turtle that dosen't stay in the water 24/7 a terrapin...so one would be vary safe from a stampeding "herd" of terrapins.

Moosecastle
06-14-2012, 03:12 AM
Good Morning!

Winner of Wednesday's theme contest is: Roadhousette :)
Please PM me your address and the prize will be on it's way:)

Today's theme is "Entertainment" and I am going the circus way;)

What do you find entertaining?

Evalila
06-14-2012, 04:41 AM
YAY, Congrats, Roadhousette!

Yesterday was like :dull::goofy::arghh::sad:

I started two cards but didn´t finish them. Hopefully today is better - at least I think it can´t get worse.....

Moosecastle
06-14-2012, 07:45 AM
Evalila: that's how my day has been so far:D. I've managed to put backgrounds on cards for Circus ATC's - and finding animals. Now I just need the AHA moment when I can suddenly see how they should be put together:D

Roadhousette: You're very welcome:)

Evalila
06-14-2012, 08:35 AM
My first cards for today:

Circus
The Good Life
Merry Go Round

bluesybreeze
06-14-2012, 09:03 AM
Woo-hoo! congrats, Roadhousette! I'm off to a slow start. I need coffe, but (sigh) I can no longer drink it.

Moosecastle
06-14-2012, 10:56 AM
Nice cards Evalila:)

Here is the link for my flickr; one Circus ATC and the Paper Fan finished:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/moosecastle/with/7186669627/

sharlene54
06-14-2012, 11:19 AM
All the cards and inchies and art are great. I hope I'll have time to create, maybe Sat.

I wanta trade!!!!!!

rogalaca
06-14-2012, 12:21 PM
First card today. Not a good morning in my mundane life. But it should get better
Here is my circus chunky

Helene
06-14-2012, 12:55 PM
A terrapin is a type of turtle. Here we call any turtle that doesn't stay in the water 24/7 a terrapin...so one would be vary safe from a stampeding "herd" of terrapins.

So, I get up this morning...(stayed up till 2:30am building some more Inchies!...Darn DonnaCr!!!!...I'll try to finish some more tonight, they seem to be created all at once with none of them totally completed yet...!)...sooooo, I get up this morning and read your answer on the Terrapins and casually quiz the hubby...and of course...HE knew! ('of course' meaning that he could win on Jeopardy...but says he wouldn't be able to hit the button fast enough!). He explained that he knew it because of the sports team @ University of Maryland and he is really not that much into sports! Go figure...he remembers all that crap! ok...HAVE to go in the craft room at least for an hour before I go to work! too much coffee...not enough sleep...:chatterbox:
Thank you for the lesson...it just sounded so French and I had never "herd" the term!

Evalila
06-14-2012, 01:53 PM
The last cards from me today:

Paris
Steampunk

Helene
06-14-2012, 02:13 PM
102574TRADED: #2, #3, #7, #9, #11, #12

Just enough time left to actually take a shower and leave for work!...phew!
Strange, my usual way didn't seem to attach the actual pics...oh well there's the link anyways...Never mind...Finally got it to work...
Off to the mines!

Moosecastle
06-14-2012, 02:28 PM
Great work all:)

Love your inchies, Helene - dont blame Donna for introducing you to them - blame her for not having done it earlier! ;):D

Evalila
06-14-2012, 02:44 PM
Okay, one more:

Agatha

ICraft
06-14-2012, 03:36 PM
@Moosecastle; you are right! But it seems to be really quiet here, are we behind? Oh yes... :wideeyed:

Anyway, I made some prints from self carved stamps. I made the zebra stamp in Pam Carrikers class 2 weeks ago, I love it, I hadn't used it before, but I collaged the background and printed it on some paper I made in Kari Holbrooks class. The zebra is 4" x 6" in size, the others are ATCs.

1. Black and White - print from self carved stamp
2. Black and White - print from self carved stamp
3. Collaged bird
4. Zebra - with print from self carved stamp (postcard format)

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_Atart_June_1.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_Atart_June_2.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_Atart_June_3.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_Atart_June_4.jpg

Gorgeous cards!! My daughter took a printing class when she was getting her Graphic Arts degree and she did some stamp carving - wow - definitely not for wimps - you need it all - talent, patience, skill and a strong, steady hand to work those carving tools!

rothko
06-14-2012, 05:04 PM
ooh, i've got at least one chunky to make and finish off a couple ATCs....

KathyD
06-14-2012, 05:28 PM
the art in this athon has been wonderful! I've really enjoyed looking through the thread. Here is my entertainment ATC. It's a football collage, or for those of us in the United States, soccer.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/16404/1_soccer.jpg

Just Ducky
06-14-2012, 06:36 PM
Well nuts... Me and this limping duck are late to the party... And you all started on wednesday... Wow I really late... Well I got to give some cookin' help to my Mel so we can eat today and hope to have some show and tell yet later this evening.....

HI everyone... Got to do some back reading and see who we got playing...

rothko
06-14-2012, 08:37 PM
okay, here's a chunky i made to finish up a swap... and the three ATCs are for a swap as well. sorry, i'll have something to trade next time, i promise ;)

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/580/medium/1_fpone.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/580/medium/1_birdswap.jpg

rothko
06-14-2012, 08:38 PM
question: are those birds done or do they need something else? i'm not sure i wanna send these in -- i'm not happy with them right now.

bluesybreeze
06-14-2012, 09:49 PM
rothko, roglaca, katyd, and evalila great cards. I finally finished my first moos.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/5909/small/1_circus_moos.jpg
seal, clown, amazing duck, elephant w/ribbon moos

Just Ducky
06-14-2012, 11:40 PM
MOoooo ... finally, I did me some MOoo's....these are kinda fun to play with...
don't know how many to put for trade, so I am trying 3 Moo per trade...OK ???

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_MOOoo_1.jpg...Set # 1

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_MOOoo_2.jpg...Set # 2

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_MOOoo_3.jpg...Set # 3

KathyD
06-15-2012, 12:01 AM
Our power has been out for three hours and do you know what I am the most sad about? It's not the ice cream slowly melting in the freezer, or running into things in the hall where the nightlight usually is or that the fans don't work. No I am upset that I can't leave You Rocks from my iPhone!

Just Ducky, those moos are so cute!

Moosecastle
06-15-2012, 01:32 AM
Thursday's winner is: Evalila :) PM me your addy and a prize will find it's way to you:)

Today's theme: "Home, Sweet Home"
I'm planning a "Home is..." series. (Home is sleeping with your favourite toys)

Which way are you going? Remember; broad interpretation is allowed and encouraged;)

calluna
06-15-2012, 01:55 AM
I think I'll get to play this time; I feel like playing with messy paint and color! (I don't have the space to get as messy as I'd like to, though. :embarrassed:) Also, I have a ridiculous amount of long-unfinished beeswax collage inchies that I'm about ready to toss in the garbage; metal stamps for texture would be a good option for them, but I don't have any. If someone would like a bunch of these to try and do something with, I'm happy to send them without need for anything in return.

rothko -- nice birds! I do agree that something is needed; but I can't quite narrow down what; I'm out-of-practice. One more design element in each would be good, such as a word, a stripe, a set of solid circles, a flourish, maybe something physically connecting the backgrounds with the birds. If you painted the birds yourself, they're great--no need to add anything to them; but if they're found-images, try drawing or painting accents or shading on top of them to personalize them. I like the color schemes as they are, but consider what you'd think about changing the color/shade of a section of the background (it's not necessarily a suggestion/recommendation, I'm just tossing ideas out there :)).

Helene
06-15-2012, 03:01 AM
Also, I have a ridiculous amount of long-unfinished beeswax collage inchies that I'm about ready to toss in the garbage; metal stamps for texture would be a good option for them, but I don't have any. If someone would like a bunch of these to try and do something with, I'm happy to send them without need for anything in return.

What? Inchies? Did someone say INCHIES?...Hey, if you are really going to throw them away...I'll recycle them!!!! Send them my way!!!:)

Donnacr
06-15-2012, 03:10 AM
It took me a lot longer than I hoped to get organised so I have only made cards for the first theme so far. Here are my luxurious dresses:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/1_scan0040.jpg#1 http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/1_scan0041.jpg#2 http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/1_scan0042.jpg#3 http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/1_scan0043.jpg#4 http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/5_scan0044.jpg#5 http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/7_scan0045.jpg#6 http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/8_scan0046.jpg#7 http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/8_scan0047.jpg#8 http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/2_scan0048.jpg#9 http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/2_scan0049.jpg#10
I haven't had a chance to look at most of the beautiful cards being created and now I have to go celebrate my sister's birthday. Plenty of time left to read the rest of the thread and drool over all your cards.

Evalila
06-15-2012, 03:18 AM
Thursday's winner is: Evalila :) PM me your addy and a prize will find it's way to you:)

Meeeee????? YIPEEE http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-happy023.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

Helene
06-15-2012, 03:24 AM
Congrats Evelyn!!!

KathyD
06-15-2012, 03:33 AM
Congrats!

Evalila
06-15-2012, 03:46 AM
Thank you all:D

jo.on.the.go
06-15-2012, 06:34 AM
I see some great art here - but I think I am disqualified from even joining by my very nature...I am too much "on.the.go" rather than "home is best". In 4 days I will be on my way to Pompeii for an archeological dig (actually it will be drawing, taking photos and making field notes regarding ancient food and drink in Pompeii) . There is no way I could get cards made and mailed before I hop on the big silver bird yet again. But I did want to check in because I have so enjoyed my recent athons and the excitement of making and seeing so many cards in a short time. But I will be cheering you on and wishing to be a part of this.

Moosecastle
06-15-2012, 06:52 AM
Love those dresses Donna!

And Jo; you're always welcome to lurk;)

I think I have fixed my photosizer programme, so I might upload pictures in a bit - just finishing my lunch:D

KathyD
06-15-2012, 07:59 AM
The power came back on at 3 AM here and I couldn't sleep afterwards. So I got up and made four postcards. These are all 4 inches by 6 inches.

The titles are:
My First Apartment
Blessings
Girl With Brown Dress and
Guardian

monarch
06-15-2012, 08:35 AM
available moo cards...........................

12 traded
18 available
19 available
21 available
27 traded
33 available
34 available

dmnh
06-15-2012, 08:55 AM
Good Morning Everyone!

You all have been hard at it and producing some great artwork!
My muse came out of hiding around 3 this morning and I've made some ATCs. If anyone is interested, please shoot me off a pm and I'll get back with you as soon as I can.

When I say I made 'some' ATCs, what I really meant was I made over a dozen of them. All but "Donuts" is done in tempera paint on book page text. The donuts are done in marker on cardstock.

a visitor
after the storm
bird's eye view
chippy
donuts

dmnh
06-15-2012, 08:57 AM
All of these are done in tempera paint on book page text and adhered to cardstock.

eyes atc
fire at sunrise atc traded
omar the orange duck atc
out to sea atc traded
penguin pete atc

dmnh
06-15-2012, 09:02 AM
and the last of the tempera paint and book page text....

tangerines for breakfast atc
the pink house atc
yellow house atc
raining lollipops atc

rogalaca
06-15-2012, 09:09 AM
OMGosh you all have been busy. I have not. time to get out of the dumps and do some arting.

Excellent work all

monarch
06-15-2012, 10:28 AM
2 more available moo cards.......

35 traded
36 available

Evalila
06-15-2012, 10:59 AM
Two more:

Walburga
White Kitsune

Moosecastle
06-15-2012, 11:24 AM
Doctors should start perscribing crafting for insomnia; great creations!!!

Here are some from me:
1:5 Home is doing your homework at the kitchen counter
2:5 Home is taking a catnap
3:5 Home is your favourite chair
4:5 Home is puppies chewing your shoes
5:5 Home is sleeping with your favourite toys

Jean
06-15-2012, 02:57 PM
Argh, haven't been able to play till today but will be onboard over the weekend as much as I can be... Ah, home...a super theme! I did my house tall and thin, then I thought, who's tall and thin?? Not me! So I did a shorter, fatter house with one fat tree instead of two skinny ones. LOL

Ibus
06-15-2012, 03:07 PM
I've finally managed to make one chunky! I will add dangles, as I think it needs some ;)

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/925/large/1_DSC_0212-1.jpg

sniisk
06-15-2012, 03:20 PM
I've been making totally different kind of "art". I hope to show a picture tomorrow.

Just Ducky
06-15-2012, 03:34 PM
ohhhh, Sanna is temping us with something new/different.... hi friend...

I think I am still stuck on MOoo cards.. my excuse is... with this broken sore foot, I can only sit at my crafty table a short time,,, just enough to finish one Moo... then hobble to the couch to elevate thor foot for an hour.... AND,,, these little moo things are fun to play with...

I still don't know how other gals are doing MOO card trades... but right now anyways I am doing mine as 3 cards as a set... counting as on piece of art ???

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_MOOoo_5.jpg...SET # 5
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_MOOoo_6.jpg...SET # 6

bluesybreeze
06-15-2012, 04:06 PM
Hey, Just Ducky! I'm new to moos too. From what I have been seeing on the threads and swaps - 2 moos equal 1 ATC. So in swaps you send in 6 moos to equal the usual 3 cards. Private you trade 2 at a time. How many sets that are traded at a time are determine by the traders. Hope this helps....and I hope it is mostly right :wacko:

dsign49
06-15-2012, 04:08 PM
Nancy your Moo cards fabulous.

Kinuko
06-15-2012, 04:42 PM
Again so much great art today from everyone. Evalila, I love your Walpurga.

I finally did some inchies. Hope to stay tuned tomorrow. PM me if anyone would like to trade

http://up.picr.de/10847701fu.jpg

trini70
06-15-2012, 04:46 PM
Well, I didn't even know this was going on. I'm going to try and get some stuff made this weekend. Cross your fingers for me because my 2 yr ald grandniece is here so I'll prolly be preoccupied most of the time.

Moosecastle
06-15-2012, 05:09 PM
What a nice way to end the day; looking at more great art! See you tomorrow:)

Ibus
06-15-2012, 05:20 PM
And a "Primary School House" ;)

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/925/small/1_DSC_0219-1.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/925/large/1_DSC_0215-1.jpg (Just to show back and front)

Just Ducky
06-16-2012, 12:05 AM
I hurry... trying for the shut off time for today challange... HOME.. at least I got them into my gallery by midnight...:wideeyed:
thinking these might be my last MOOooo's for the weekend..(but then maybe not)

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_MOOoo_7.jpg.....SET # 7.... Home Sweet Home....

dmnh
06-16-2012, 01:43 AM
You all have been artfully productive today!
I've drawn a couple ATCs, played with the oil pastels for a bit, constructed a small book that is yet to be finished and sewed a little monster. You all will get to see the book and the monster soon.

The chameleon was done in oil pastels. He will end up on a postcard, I'm thinking. Either that or a book cover. He's not for trade, yet.

ATCs are done in marker on cardstock. If anyone is interested please shoot me off a PM and I'll get back with you.

Blue Haired Goddess ATC traded
Treasure Box ATC

Helene
06-16-2012, 02:07 AM
Hey, Just Ducky! I'm new to moos too. From what I have been seeing on the threads and swaps - 2 moos equal 1 ATC. So in swaps you send in 6 moos to equal the usual 3 cards. Private you trade 2 at a time. How many sets that are traded at a time are determine by the traders. Hope this helps....and I hope it is mostly right :wacko:

Sooooo...does that mean that if I'm begging for an ATC...then, how many inchies do I owe them for the ATC???? (planning my attack!!!!....hee hee hee)

Moosecastle
06-16-2012, 02:37 AM
Good Morning:)

Friday's theme contest winner is: Kinuko! PM me your addy and a prize will find it's way to you:)

Today's theme: Your Country, City, Area.
I'll reveal that you can probably expect some Hans Christian Andersen from me;):D

calluna
06-16-2012, 03:46 AM
I've been mainly doing backgrounds so far, but here are some twinchies I finished (all available to trade or as individual freebies with another trade). Actually it's turning out to be a rather frantically-busy weekend, but I'll keep checking in and making stuff when I need a break from the madness. :spinny:

Kinuko
06-16-2012, 05:34 AM
Good Morning:)

Friday's theme contest winner is: Kinuko! PM me your addy and a prize will find it's way to you:)

Wow, me?? Really? :wideeyed: that's cool. Thanks a lot :D
pm is sent, now back to the library for learning, maybe I can do some more art tonight. Wish you all a creative day

miloccpep
06-16-2012, 06:45 AM
I am free today to create a couple of cards

Musical Ellie - Light chunky for the Elephants on Parade - both front and back.

APC w gecko stickers and Origami leaf/ves.

Ace of Diamond - Sticker Green Gecko on Origami Leaf.
2 of Diamonds - Sticker Green Gecko on branch w Origami leaves.
3 of Diamond -Sticker Blue Gecko on branch w Origami Leaf.

bluesybreeze
06-16-2012, 07:27 AM
Congrats, Kinuko!! Ok, I have a question for you athoners out there. Are trades during the athon limited to participants? I had a request for a card made during the athon from outside the athon. I politely turned her down and told her if it hadn't traded at the end of the athon I would definitely trade with her. Was I a ruthless b_?

Evalila
06-16-2012, 07:40 AM
Bluesybreeze, you can trade with anyone you like:)

Evalila
06-16-2012, 07:47 AM
Brienna

Zoe

Moosecastle
06-16-2012, 08:30 AM
You're very welcome, Kinuko:)

Here are some creations from me:

1. Imagination gives you wings ON HOLD
2. Imagination brings life ON HOLD
3. Imagination is infinite

KathyD
06-16-2012, 12:12 PM
I loving looking through the thread this morning. Here is one about my area.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/16404/1_IMG_0099.jpg

It is a bookmark called Prairie Grasses. Really it didn't take long to make, and I got the beads for a steal at a garage sale. I would happily trade it for two atcs, or a chunky, or a postcard, etc.

Just Ducky
06-16-2012, 12:20 PM
Morning gals... I no got show and tell yet today hope my crafty juices kick in yet this afternoon..
So far this Atart I have made MOO cards but want you all to know that I am not asking for JUST Moo cards in trade... As I have had a couple players ask...
Back later, I hoping

rothko
06-16-2012, 12:59 PM
got an all-day barbecue to go to and then i doubt i'll feel much like making art today... maybe tomorrow?

Helene
06-16-2012, 01:06 PM
:wacko: Stayed up late again...the 'Inchie' vortex still got me...

102601 ALL TRADED

102602 ONLY #4 is left

Numbered 1 to 9 in each...(like reading a book)
I got some more that are partially done but I will be going to a fun walking "art/old houses fair" shortly so I'll see you all this evening. :mask:

sniisk
06-16-2012, 01:38 PM
OK, finally back online. So, here is my latest "art". This is what I did yesterday and continued a bit today.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7219/7380803876_49a92107a2.jpg

Sorry, the picture is a bit blurry but I broke my camera :(.

Theresagram
06-16-2012, 01:39 PM
Wow! Lots of great art being posted!!

I've been busy the last 2 days with the grandkids, but I finally have time to play!!
I'd better get busy. Looks like I have a lot of catching up to do! :)

sharlene54
06-16-2012, 02:00 PM
Helen, wonderful inchies. I'm now hooked on them. I have some started, I hope to get some finished.

Great art from everyone.

bluesybreeze
06-16-2012, 02:16 PM
Wow, sniisk! I would like some of your new art at my house! Everyone is doing some awesome stuff today and last night. I'm off to a very late start. We have a new kitty (Frida). After keeping her physically separated from them for 2 days, we finally introduced her to our other cats (Moya and Rosalee). I followed everyone around with a spray bottle just in case. It is pretty good now and Moya no longer looks like a Tazmania devil when Frida zooms by or runs up to her. So I am finished with spray bottle patrol.

Ibus
06-16-2012, 02:20 PM
i started these yesterday, but only got them finished today. They're my drawings from Michael Powell cross stitch charts.
ALL TRADED
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/925/small/1_DSC_0221-1.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/925/small/1_DSC_0222-1.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/925/small/1_DSC_0225-1.jpg

KittyNL
06-16-2012, 04:32 PM
Hi all, great art has been posted!
I have been sooooo busy the last few days, but tomorrow I have all day to myself :). I am going to sleep now, but I will be back tomorrow with some art to trade. Goodnight all!

bluesybreeze
06-16-2012, 05:51 PM
Great houses, Ibus. I would love to live in one. I have one finished for today's theme. You cannot drive in Arkansas without getting behind a big truck hauling live chickens at one time or another. It is NOT a pleasant experience

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/5909/small/1_not_state_bird.jpg
The writing says "Not the State Bird, but your chicken sandwich started here."

Just Ducky
06-16-2012, 06:26 PM
oh Breeze... cute, maybe you should petion the state to change the state Bird.....to chicken.

got just a couple show and tell today... and yep, I did todays theme... My Michigan...

oh and I am not asking for just Moo cards in trade...
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_MOOoo_8.jpg....Michigan..... state bird, ROBIN... state flower, Apple Blossom

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_MOOoo_4.jpg..set # 4 (forgot to post this set yesterday)

Ibus
06-16-2012, 07:43 PM
I did this to qualify for todays contest, but it's an unqualified disaster!

Ibus
06-16-2012, 07:46 PM
Thanks Breeze, I've always wanted to live in one of those sort of houses ;)

Ducky, love your Moos!

Wonderful art being posted :)

Jewels
06-16-2012, 09:39 PM
Finally got some picts done.

Wow. that was fast. ALL TRADED

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Paint_and_Pen_Abstracts-_Across_the_Field.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Paint_and_Pen_Abstracts-_A_Quiet_Spot.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Paint_and_Pen_Abstracts-_Birches_by_the_Lane.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Paint_and_Pen_Abstracts-_Sleeping_Bear_Dunes.jpg

Helene
06-16-2012, 09:50 PM
It is pretty good now and Moya no longer looks like a Tazmania devil when Frida zooms by or runs up to her. So I am finished with spray bottle patrol.
ha ha ha...totally awesome! Just came home from the art walk-about and made the acquisition of a "Cat Lady" clay sculpture from a local artist. I will have to take a photo and post it...for all you cat fiends! I know about this 'traffic patrol'...I never thought of the spray bottle! It took months before they could pass each other without hissing!!! You'll have to post pics...for all of us cat fiends! ha ha

Helene
06-16-2012, 09:51 PM

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Paint_and_Pen_Abstracts-_Across_the_Field.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Paint_and_Pen_Abstracts-_A_Quiet_Spot.jpg
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Paint_and_Pen_Abstracts-_Birches_by_the_Lane.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Paint_and_Pen_Abstracts-_Sleeping_Bear_Dunes.jpg

WONDERFUL pieces Jewels!

dmnh
06-16-2012, 11:21 PM
Hello Everyone! You all been making some gorgeous art while I slept the day away!

Here's the tiny monster I made yesterday. He's for trade if anyone is interested. I wouldn't give him to a child unless you take his eyes off first. He's made out of a cashmere sweater with velvet horns, filled with polyester fiber filling. He's about 7 inches tall. I'm always on the lookout for paper to use as pages in little books so I'll trade him for paper or maybe you have something you think I would like in exchange for him? You won't know unless you ask!

And then there's the little book I was working on yesterday that isn't completed yet. Will do some more on it later tonight. I'm just showing it off. Not for trade yet.

And last of all to show off are a couple of the five polish stars I put together yesterday. I'll trade these but I've never sent them through the mail before and not sure just how easy that would be to do without them getting damaged. If someone wants one though, I'll give it a shot.

I have a couple of moos done for today's theme and will upload them in a moment.
Shoot me off a PM if you're interested in the monster or a polish star.

Tiny monster
polish star

dmnh
06-16-2012, 11:25 PM
And for today's theme, 2 moo cards with the Kansas State Flower on them.

Sunflower Moos

Just Ducky
06-16-2012, 11:31 PM
Ibus. I really like your Scotland Home card. and ya sure did better with hot wax then me. hot wax and ducky feathers just don't mix...
Helene, just saw your picture of beautiful CAT sculpture.. beautiful..
and Jewels.... oh so pretty, that one on the right looks just like our Lk. Michigan shoreline in Ludington

Just Ducky
06-16-2012, 11:37 PM
hello Donna, we must have posted at the same time... cute little stuffy you made and loving your polish stars, but yea I think they would be a bit hard to mail... start out nice and full and round and arrive egg shaped and flat...you know them postal machines...

Helene
06-17-2012, 12:22 AM
And last of all to show off are a couple of the five polish stars I put together yesterday. I'll trade these but I've never sent them through the mail before and not sure just how easy that would be to do without them getting damaged. If someone wants one though, I'll give it a shot.
Tiny monster
polish star

Love those stars!...looks like it takes a lot of patience, time and dexterity to make!

Jewels
06-17-2012, 12:24 AM
Yeah, Ducky. That one is of Sleeping Bear Dunes from near the town of Empire. One of my favorite places to visit in Michigan.

miloccpep
06-17-2012, 12:32 AM
Completed 2 cards for the Whimsical Teddy Bears Swap. Might try to get some cards done for trade later.
Cross-eyed Teddy - Origami Teddy w craftpunched butterfly (on its nose) bow-tie, flower and dog on acrylic background.
Juggler Teddy - collage w craftpunch bow-tie, and apples on acrylic background.

Helene
06-17-2012, 12:40 AM
Yeah, Ducky. That one is of Sleeping Bear Dunes from near the town of Empire. One of my favorite places to visit in Michigan.

Wow...I climbed that sucker last July!!! It was a work out but awesome and beautiful!

sniisk
06-17-2012, 03:13 AM
I finally have time to upload what I have made in the evenings. Now I only wish that my camera will work somehow.

sniisk
06-17-2012, 03:31 AM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_62.jpg ATART #1

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_43.jpg ATART #2

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_21.jpg ATART #3

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/2_17.jpg ATART #4

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_63.jpg ATART #5

I'll trade APCs for APCs only because I don't have too many right size playing cards.

dmnh
06-17-2012, 03:38 AM
Sorry about your camera, Sniisk. I wish I had a solution for you.

The polish stars were a bugger to make when I first started doing them last October. I've made close to a hundred of them since then, so now they aren't too bad. I enjoy putting them together. It took a bit of practice to get the points to be closed on the end instead of a gaping hole in the end of each point.

I've been painting on book pages since I was here last. It took a few ATCs before my muse really got with the program. I painted the seal and rat last. All of them are painted with tempera paint on book page text. I've backed them all with cardstock.

Holler if you're interested in any of these. I'll get back with you soon.

destination undetermined ATC traded
inca laughing ATC
every which way ATC
grey seal ATC
rat ATC

miloccpep
06-17-2012, 03:52 AM
oooo - love that rat, Donna!
I too had been busy creating cards albeit for swap rather than for trade. May still try to do some for trade though if the muse decide to stay around.
Scholar Teddy: collage on acrylic background.

sniisk
06-17-2012, 04:06 AM
It's raining here today and I cannot paint my new "room". A lot of time to make ATCs :).

Evalila
06-17-2012, 05:02 AM
Hello everyone! I decided to work on swap cards today. These are for Pochadiva´s moo-swap. They´re done with ink pen, glitter gel pens and pearlescent watercolors. Unfortunately the pics don´t catch the shimmer....

miloccpep
06-17-2012, 05:46 AM
Another chunky for Ibus' Elephants on Parade.
Hello Elli - front and back collage.

KittyNL
06-17-2012, 06:47 AM
Hello all, my first moo's ever... Gonna make some more :)

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_MOOs_butterflies.jpg

dmnh
06-17-2012, 08:24 AM
Nice moos, Kitty and Evelyn!
Glad you figured out your camera, sniisk!

I've been busy with a herd of sheep that tromped in! If sheep appeal to you, please shoot me off a PM and I'll get back with you soon!

brown sheep atc
orange sheep atc teaded
pink sheep atc traded
brown sheep with flower atc traded
sheep on hill atc

dmnh
06-17-2012, 08:33 AM
And then Rita's elephants inspired my muse with a big bull!

All of these latest ones are done on book pages in tempera paint. No text on the elephant though.

I bought a book called Collage, at the thrift store last week. I thought I could learn a thing or two from it. It is a book about famous collage artists and had color plates of various collages. I didn't really examine good at the thrift store. I wanted it. I sat down in my comfy chair to see what it was all about and when I opened the book, the first 56 pages were totally missing; ripped right out of the book!
As I leafed through the remaining 400some pages, I discovered that better than half the color plates were missing and a good number more pages, here and there were also missing.
All is not lost though! The paper this book is printed on is some wonderfully thick paper with an excellent 'tooth' for pencil and paint! Also the book has a sewn spine so I can rip more pages out and turn it into an altered book!
And I have learned a thing or two from what was left of the book....
I guess it was worth a dollar after all!

The elephant painting is 4x4 inches but it is just plain on the backside. Not really a chunky page, though it could potentially be.

elephant painting traded

Ibus
06-17-2012, 08:55 AM

Wow. that was fast. ALL TRADED

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Paint_and_Pen_Abstracts-_Across_the_Field.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Paint_and_Pen_Abstracts-_A_Quiet_Spot.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Paint_and_Pen_Abstracts-_Birches_by_the_Lane.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Paint_and_Pen_Abstracts-_Sleeping_Bear_Dunes.jpg

I'm not at all surprised, they're gorgeous!

miloccpep
06-17-2012, 08:56 AM
I'll have that bull ele, Donna! Would you have actually buy that book had you check it first? LOL! I had similar experiences at thrift stores as well. They all have to do w books of course.

KittyNL
06-17-2012, 09:07 AM
One ATC from me, and 3 nature MOO's and 3 Time MOO's

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_ATC_ATART_Flamingo.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_MOOs_nature.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_MOOs_times.jpg

Moosecastle
06-17-2012, 09:14 AM
I am so sorry to have neglected you today; I couldnt get on the site...

Saturday's theme contest winner is: JustDucky! PM addy, please:)

Today's theme is Journey and here are a few from me:

1. On the Way Home
2. The Journey of Life ON HOLD

Ibus
06-17-2012, 10:27 AM
Two so far, recycled Scotland and Journey 1

Donnacr
06-17-2012, 10:50 AM
It has been one of THOSE weekends where everything I plan takes 5 times as long as it is supposed to and family and friends keep interrupting my crafting time.
I managed 2 cards for yesterday's theme:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/4_scan0050.jpg#11 http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/2_scan0051.jpg#12
I did manage to make some for today's theme:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/5_scan0052.jpg#13 http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/5_scan0053.jpg#14http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/6_scan0054.jpg#15
Then my Muse decided it was back to clothes again:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/6_scan0055.jpg#16 http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/3_scan0056.jpg#17 http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/3_scan0057.jpg#18 http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/3_scan0058.jpg#19 http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/2_scan0059.jpg#20

As it is now after midnight Sunday for me this is all I will be making for this Athon but I look forward to seeing what everyone else makes for their last day. Goodnight!

KittyNL
06-17-2012, 10:58 AM
3 more ATCs. I love a day like this... :)

Frida
Sisters
Pink Flamingo

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_Atart_June_Frida.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_Atart_June_Sisters.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_Atart_June_Pink_Flamingo.jpg

dmnh
06-17-2012, 11:03 AM
Lots of beautiful art being made today! Loving all the eye candy!

I'm still busy with brushes and book pages.

The elephant is on hold. Both are tempera paint on book pages adhered to cardstock. Both are plain on the back but are 4x4 inches and could be added to a chunky book. I've only written my info on the back though. Not fancied up any and there are no danglies on either of them.

If the geisha appeals to you shoot me off a pm and I'll get back with you.
elephant traded
geisha

miloccpep
06-17-2012, 11:19 AM
dmnh, great job both!

Ibus
06-17-2012, 11:27 AM
Another, Journey 2

Edit, I wasn't happy with my handwriting, so printed it instead

monarch
06-17-2012, 11:38 AM
4 x 4 chunky available...................

To Market..................

rothko
06-17-2012, 11:56 AM
just finished this one:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/580/small/1_queenofdiamonds.jpg

might be hard to tell -- she's got a necklace of three pandora-style beads.

Jean
06-17-2012, 12:20 PM
So today I can't upload and nobody's home to help me. Argh. I'll prolly upload to my gallery tomorrow or whenever I can....grrr.

KESagers
06-17-2012, 12:31 PM
Two APCs:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Ecola-Park-Ace-of-Hearts.jpg
Ecola Park Ace of Hearts - traded

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Red-Joker-Eagle.jpg
traded

dmnh
06-17-2012, 12:50 PM
Another elephant 4x4. I think this is the last of the elephants. My muse is itching to use some pink! I hate the color pink! Flamingos are coming over the horizon...soon. Tempera paint on book page adhered to cardstock. Again just plain on the back side and no danglies.

This one is on hold for the time being. If someone really thinks they need an elephant, I could probably be sweet talked into making more. My mother always says, "What's NEED got to do with it?" :)

brown elephant traded

Moosecastle
06-17-2012, 01:14 PM
Great cards/creations all! :)

@Donna : the train on your cards; is that a stamp?

Theresagram
06-17-2012, 01:15 PM
Beautiful stuff!! You gals have been busy!

I'm going to finish something to post today if it kills me!

Ibus
06-17-2012, 01:27 PM
Journey 3

dmnh
06-17-2012, 02:18 PM
Here are some flamingos needing new homes. If someone wants one, please shoot me off a PM and I'll get back with you soon.
These are all markers on cardstock.

sleeping flamingo ATC
flamingos ATC
flamingo ATC

Ibus
06-17-2012, 02:29 PM
Two more, Journey 4 and 5

102689 102690

KESagers
06-17-2012, 02:37 PM
2 more APCs:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Clematis-3-of-Diamonds.jpg
Clematis 3 of Diamonds

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Hearts-and-Stars-3-of-hearts.jpg
Hearts and Stars 3 of hearts

Ibus
06-17-2012, 03:27 PM
Journey 6

dmnh
06-17-2012, 03:45 PM
How about some MOOs? I'll trade them as sets. Markers on cardstock.

lily moos traded
frog moos traded

KittyNL
06-17-2012, 03:48 PM
Some more moo's from me. I will trade moo's for moo's or for ATCs (2 moo's for 1 ATC) or inchies (2 moo's for a set of 6 inchies).

More butterflies
Time 2

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_MOOs_more_butterflies.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_MOOs_time_2.jpg

rothko
06-17-2012, 05:12 PM
here are some ATCs i finished for the "bird is the word" swap -- i decided not to use those bird cards i posted before; they're just NOT my best work.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/580/small/1_songbird72.jpghttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/580/small/1_free_as_a_bird_72.jpghttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/580/small/1_bird_watching_72.jpg

Moosecastle
06-17-2012, 05:32 PM
Sunday is almost over for me, so I'm off to bed:)

Happy Crafting!

calluna
06-17-2012, 07:10 PM
It is so hot here that there isn't much one can do besides stay inside and wait for the sun to set...I envy those of you who have rain and cool weather right now!

I have an experiment started with a couple cards, and hopefully they'll turn out well enough to post later (I still have 8 hours of Sunday left).
I did finish my first crocheted rag-rug, though, made out of a bedsheet, yarn from an unraveled sweater, and an ugly pair of pants.

KESagers
06-17-2012, 07:28 PM
You made a very pretty rug out of the bits and pieces!

dmnh
06-17-2012, 07:43 PM
Love that rug, calluna!

My muse has gone away so I guess I'm done with this athon.
If anyone sees something they want in my gallery, please shoot me off a pm and I'll get back with you in the morning.
Congrats to the daily winners and Thanks to Moosecastle for hosting! Was a fantastic weekend! I hope the folks had a great time in Portland also.
Thanks to all who traded with me! I should have everything out before Wednesday. I'm shooting for tomorrow, but sometimes plans don't go quite like I anticipated...

Happy Father's Day!

Just Ducky
06-17-2012, 09:04 PM
just can't figure out why it takes me so long to make just 3 lil' Moo's but here is the last of my MOOs..
where's Jewels.. she is the cat drawing lady and I need LOTS of help here..

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_just_hangin.jpg... Just Hangin'... Cat (yes, this is a cat)... Mouse .... Puppy

Ibus
06-17-2012, 09:08 PM
Ducky, those are just too cute! :wubclub:

Jewels
06-17-2012, 09:09 PM
I'm here Ducky. Why do you need help? They look great. Especially the hanging Kitty.

Speaking of Kitties. Here are some new Kitties from me.
'Enjoying a Good Book', 'Decisions, Decisions', 'Darn Hammocks!' and 'Cats in Black'

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Cat-_Enjoying_a_Good_Book.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Cat-_Decisions__Decisions.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Cat-_Darn_Hammocks.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Cat-_Cats_in_Black.jpg

Ibus
06-17-2012, 09:11 PM
:laugh: I really love your cats!

miloccpep
06-17-2012, 09:23 PM
You will find my cards in the athon gallery. Thank you moosecastle for hosting this swap.

KESagers
06-17-2012, 11:32 PM
Nice art everyone! Thank you to our Moosecastle for hosting such a fun weekend! :)

Theresagram
06-17-2012, 11:38 PM
Well, once again I pretty much missed the a'thon. Too busy.

Lots of lovely artwork though!

Donnacr
06-17-2012, 11:43 PM
Absolutely fabulous ATART eveyone - thanks Moosecastle for Hosting.
(Note to self - have brain examined before trying to play in 2 Athons back to back and Hosting one of them - now exhausted!!!)

Helene
06-18-2012, 12:17 AM
Was gone all day at the Del Mar Fair...OH I missed all this wonderful art!!!! And I realized I posted my last ones in the gallery but forgot to put it in here...But since technically, I got till Midnight...then I'll just do it now...
102718 Traded #1, #2, #3, #5

calluna
06-18-2012, 01:18 AM
Nothing post-able for me, after all, but I'm on a creating rampage, which is great news since inspiration hadn't struck me in months! :jiggy:

Thanks for hosting, Moosecastle, and thanks everyone else for contributing and letting some of your inspiration rub off on me!

Moosecastle
06-18-2012, 01:21 AM
You're all very welcome - but remember without you there would have been no athon;)

And we forgot all about Portland! I just remembered when reading Donna's post on page 10:D

It's still Sunday somewhere, so I'll be back later to count who won Sunday's theme contest:)

KittyNL
06-18-2012, 02:34 AM
Thanks Moosecastle for hosting this athon! And thanks to all participants for the lovely eye candy and the trades! When is the next a-thon? :spinny:

Moosecastle
06-18-2012, 03:54 AM
Sunday's theme contest winner is @Ibus with 6 uploaded creations:) PM addy;)

Thank you all for being here and having fun:D

The prizes will go out over the next couple of weeks; spreading the postage a bit;)

miloccpep
06-18-2012, 06:34 AM
Congratulations Ibus!

Ibus
06-18-2012, 07:39 AM
Thank you :)

Many thanks to Moosecastle for hosting this Athon, and to everyone who made so many wonderful pieces of art. It was great fun :yes:

monarch
06-18-2012, 10:03 AM
Thanks for hosting this athon moosecastle!!!!

Helene
06-18-2012, 11:43 AM
I must say, that I had a blast! Lots of fun, my muse was with me fairly often AND it didn't cost anything to fly-drive-train...AND I didn't have to PACK any of my supplies!!!
Thanks Ms. MC (MooseCastle, AKA Master of Ceremony) for a fun therapy and all those saved dollars in my purse now!!!!(now I can pay off my newly acquired art piece...ha ha) and thank you to all my traders....:v_spin:

Moosecastle
06-18-2012, 02:46 PM
More money for crafting supplies;)

And thanks for the title :D

Donnacr
06-19-2012, 09:10 AM
All my finalised trades will be in the mail tomorrow - thanks for an exhausting (but immensely fun) week, Moosecastle

bluesybreeze
06-19-2012, 09:43 AM
Thanks, Moosecastle for the athon and easing the blow of getting left behind. It was great fun. I loved seeing all the wonderful artwork and getting together with friends. Altough I didn't get to play the last day, I did love every minute of it. Congrats Ibus for your hard work. My cards will be going out today!

KathyD
06-19-2012, 04:21 PM
Thanks for the Athon. Had lots of fun