PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL Mini-House-a-thon Thread!

Pages : [1] 2

Jean
06-21-2012, 01:06 PM
Welcome to the Mini House-a-thon! We love houses, so let's make mini-houses this weekend! Yup, it's a MINI-HAT! You knew I'm all about the hat, right? ;)

Your greedy hostess is Jean, assisted by our gracious European friends mariloupatch, Evalila, and Moosecastle.

New to Inchie or Moo Houses?
Rogue Gal generously offers us this info from Tammybeck's and her own inchie house swaps. Mondo thanks, RG!

*The base of each is one inchie (1x1)
*For the roof, use an inchie, cut in half on the diagonal
* Overlap the inchie behind the roof until the top corners of the inchie almost touch the diagonal edges of the roof (a gluestick works fine for adhering). I found it helpful to glue my roof to the inchie first, and then decorate so the design doesn't get covered in the overlap.
* Final height is about 1 and 1/2 inch from base to top of roof.

WHEN WE PLAY:
We begin at 12:00 a.m. Friday (middle-of-the-night, Thursday - TONIGHT!!) and end at midnight, Sunday evening.

WHAT WE DO:
We make - houses! Inchie houses, moos...no one will fuss if you want to make a house-shaped ATC or a house twinchie. We love our houses!

Inchie houses have a base 1x1 inch, or 2.5 cm square.
Moo houses have a base that is 1x2.75 inches or 2.5x7 cm. Thank you, Artistically, for the metric measures!

Their roofs are made the same way: an inchie is cut on the diagonal to make two roofs. I think this is Tammybeck's method!

House shaped atcs or twinchies...you are on your own, but if you have a method, let me know and I'll put it in this post for all.

PLEASE post your beauties for the inspiration and admiration of all! Please post in this thread, but do update your posts as to the availability of your houses. You can also post in your gallery or the athon gallery (provide a link if you are not posting to the thread).

Check in often, chit-chat as desired, lurk, trade if you like...we're not picky!

HOW WE TRADE:
See a house you like? PM the creator and arrange trades off-thread.

HOW WE POST TO THE THREAD (with thanks to Donnacr, from whose inchie thread I have shamelessly copied):

From your atcsforall.com gallery:
It’s easiest to have two windows open. I can create another "tab" and get to my gallery in one and be in my post reply box in the other.
Internet Explorer
1 Go to the main page of your gallery & right click on the picture you wish to post - this brings up a menu which has “properties” at the bottom.
2) Right click on “properties”, and it will show you "Address (URL)"Highlight the address/url and copy (Ctrl C).
Then follow steps 3 - 5 below
Note: Your picture will come up as large. Most folks use small or medium in the thread.

Mozella Firefox and Mac Safari (most versions)
1) Go to the main page of your gallery & right click on the picture you wish to post - this brings up a menu that includes “Copy Image Location” (which is about 2/3 down the list for me)
2) Click on the “Copy Image Location”
Then follow steps 3 - 5

3) Go to your post in the thread and click on the "insert image" button (looks like a postcard)
4) Paste the address (right click, click paste or Ctrl P) into the window that pops up and hit OK - that puts the code into your post for your picture to show up; (you paste the address from the properties box over the http thingy that shows when you open the "insert image" box)
5) Remember that images from the gallery are small, medium or large. Most folks use small or medium in the thread. Find the word small, medium or large (or letters s m l) in the address and change it to size you want.

[IMG]http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/400/small/1_Maygar_Posta-traded.jpg [/IMG

(leaving the last bracket off the above so you can see how the address will look)

From your computer:
1. Click POST REPLY at the bottom of the messages screen. Above the message box, click the paperclip next to the smiley face. Then upload as usual. This will upload your picture as a thumbnail.
2. If you go into the Quick Reply box at the bottom of the messages screen, click GO ADVANCED and you will get the paperclip above the message box.

Have fun!

AnitaM
06-21-2012, 01:08 PM
yay :)

Evalila
06-21-2012, 01:11 PM
HaHa, MINI-HAT! Love this :D

HHC
06-21-2012, 01:17 PM
I'll play as I can! Love the Mini-HAT! LOL!

miloccpep
06-21-2012, 01:35 PM
inchie 1 - hand-drawn cat (yes, that IS a cat), zentangle roof n sharpies markers.
inchie 2 - craftpunch flower, butterflies, leaf. Background stamping pad. Text roof.
MOO - Craftpunch Trees, Dolphins, Sun. Roof sharpies markers.

marilou
06-21-2012, 01:56 PM
Great name makes me smile. Another 4 hours till midnight, but then I will be asleep :wideeyed:
Backgrounds almost dry, desk clean...ready for tomorrow!

jaw
06-21-2012, 02:12 PM
I am cleaning, sorting, organizing my studio today. With a few naps thrown in for good measure.
By tomorrow I'll be ready to begin construction on some tiny homes :jiggy:

Rogue Gal
06-21-2012, 02:30 PM
Mariloupatch, I love your African moo house! If you make any for trade I'd love to trade for one!

Moosecastle, you asked in the last thread - yes, the roof is made by cutting an inchie in half diagonally.

KittyNL
06-21-2012, 02:34 PM
OOOOOHHHHH :wideeyed: an a-thon.....

Houses with mini hats? I can do that! And I will have some time to play this weekend... count me in!

Artsiemix
06-21-2012, 03:15 PM
yay! making some today :D

AnitaM
06-21-2012, 03:42 PM
Here's some I made today -

102946 102947

Jean
06-21-2012, 04:20 PM
Oh, boy, miloccpep and AnitaM are already serving eyecandy! Those are great, ladies! *eying the buffet* Ok...eyecandy, lots of Bailey's, M&Ms (the ATCers friend!)....it's a start!

I've made bottoms, now to make tops! This is new for me....so a bit of a nail biter....

Rogue Gal
06-21-2012, 04:23 PM
Some helpful hints I copied from both my and tammybeck's inchie house swap info:

* Overlap the inchie behind the roof until the top corners of the inchie almost touch the diagonal edges of the roof (a gluestick works fine for adhering). I found it helpful to glue my roof to the inchie first, and then decorate so the design doesn't get covered in the overlap.

Moosecastle
06-21-2012, 04:43 PM
Speaking of hats; someone was going to buy a fascinator for a wedding during the last athon. We never got any pictures!

Thanks Rogue Gal:)

prayer_at_night
06-21-2012, 04:52 PM
I'm not quite sure I understood correctly... can everyone play here? If so, I'm in! I'm already working on my first house. :)

Artistically
06-21-2012, 04:52 PM
Although I have never made Moos and Inchies, I also wanna try, because I love all the fantastic houses I have already seen in the gallery :3 ... but small, maybe stupid question, how do you collect your inchies or moos? Are there also special Albums or do you put them into boxes?

prayer_at_night
06-21-2012, 05:03 PM
I read somewhere that some people stick 6 inchies onto one blank ATC and put it into the ATC album. :)

marilou
06-21-2012, 05:05 PM
I will put a little hole in the top of the roof and put a lot of houses on a chain, and display them on the coffee table.

marilou
06-21-2012, 05:07 PM
I'm not quite sure I understood correctly... can everyone play here? If so, I'm in! I'm already working on my first house. :)
Oeps, in Europe we start to play as from tomorrow morning, meaning 0.01 o clock in the morning till sunday night 11.59.

Artistically
06-21-2012, 05:08 PM
I read somewhere that some people stick 6 inchies onto one blank ATC and put it into the ATC album. :)

So I maybe also will try it this way :3 ... funny it seems that we are getting more and more here.

I got the idea that I am gonna make a Rapunzel Tower Moo House :3. Just need to grap the paper and start :)

marilou
06-21-2012, 05:09 PM
it is 23.10, backgrounds are dry and ready to cut, but better have a good sleep first.
Night all!

prayer_at_night
06-21-2012, 05:21 PM
Oeps, in Europe we start to play as from tomorrow morning, meaning 0.01 o clock in the morning till sunday night 11.59.

Yup, I got that, so I won't draw anything until midnight. But since others said they were prepairing backgrounds I thought it would be okay if I already glue some roofs onto my houses. ;)
But you don't need to fit any criteria (apart from wanting to join the fun ;) ) to play, do you? Like, an amount of these itraders?

prayer_at_night
06-21-2012, 05:23 PM
So I maybe also will try it this way :3 ... funny it seems that we are getting more and more here.

I got the idea that I am gonna make a Rapunzel Tower Moo House :3. Just need to grap the paper and start :)

*gasp* WANT! I bet your Rapunzel tower will be gorgeous. <3

(Und irgendwie hngen wir beide immer am gleichen Ort rum, hab ich das Gefhl. ;P)

Rogue Gal
06-21-2012, 05:42 PM
Everyone is welcome to join the fun, prayer_at_night - there are no requirements! :)

AnitaM
06-21-2012, 05:49 PM
I'll be back tomorrow need to get some sleep it's 10.50pm here in the UK and I have to be up at 6am night night :)

Jean
06-21-2012, 05:50 PM
Absolutely right - there are NO requirements (other than the size)! We don't even mind if you start - gasp - early!

Now then, I need help. HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!!!!!!!!

I am working on swap inchie houses. I made my bases, decorated them, then made my roofs - separately. EEEK! I am gluing the rooftops to the top edges of the houses, using a weeeee sliver of glue. I think I'll glue them onto paper and cut them out, just for greater stability.

When I do the next batches....I will glue the tops to the bottoms FIRST and then decorate.

But my question is this: since there are two parts to the houses, is it the accepted procedure to back them? For a swap, they cannot be mounted to a card, as I have received them in trades. What do we do then? Mount them individually onto cardstock?

Confused in Niagara...

Rogue Gal
06-21-2012, 05:59 PM
Jean, I'm not sure if you saw this info I posted on the last page, so am re-posting here:

Some helpful hints I copied from both my and tammybeck's inchie house swap info:

I just wrote my info on the backs, and I guess that I will put them together in a wee plastic ziplock bag (2 x 3 inches perhaps?), or even an ATC sleeve with the top taped shut so they don't fall out. What are others doing?

Artsiemix
06-21-2012, 05:59 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/20730/small/1_DSC04360.JPG
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/20730/small/1_DSC04361.JPG
here is my first batch of houses. :] i am having fun making little monster housies lol!

Artistically
06-21-2012, 07:31 PM
I also have tried it and hope they are also ok this way :3

This size is so funny, so small ... but you are still able to draw on it.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/18608/small/1_P1330708.JPG (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=308539)

I think I will make more of them tomorrow :3

Jean
06-21-2012, 07:52 PM
I love all the eye candy! Thanks so much for uploading for our delight!

Artistically
06-21-2012, 08:32 PM
It's nice you enjoy them :3. Before I will go to bed, here is just my first Moo ... and I think I will make some more Rapunzel Towers :3 and then edit the picture when they are finished.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/18608/small/2_P1330733.JPG (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=308546)

Jean
06-21-2012, 08:33 PM
Here are my very first inchie houses...some are on backing; I may support them all with a backing. These are for a pending trade and/or swap.

Row 1: balloons and blue flower are traded
Row 2:
Row 3: Morning traded

Artistically
06-21-2012, 08:36 PM
Here are my very first inchie houses...some are on backing; I may support them all with a backing. These are for a pending trade and/or swap.

These are also well done :3, I love especially the blue flower and the morning card ... but also the hearts are awesome :3

Artsiemix
06-21-2012, 08:57 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/20730/large/1_DSC04365.JPG
moo houses. that's all for today :D

tammybeck
06-21-2012, 09:05 PM
I also have tried it and hope they are also ok this way :3

This size is so funny, so small ... but you are still able to draw on it.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/18608/small/1_P1330708.JPG (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=308539)

I think I will make more of them tomorrow :3
those are awesome! we are really on a roll! so fun!

tammybeck
06-21-2012, 09:07 PM
Absolutely right - there are NO requirements (other than the size)! We don't even mind if you start - gasp - early!

I am working on swap inchie houses. I made my bases, decorated them, then made my roofs - separately. EEEK! I am gluing the rooftops to the top edges of the houses, using a weeeee sliver of glue. I think I'll glue them onto paper and cut them out, just for greater stability.

When I do the next batches....I will glue the tops to the bottoms FIRST and then decorate.

But my question is this: since there are two parts to the houses, is it the accepted procedure to back them? For a swap, they cannot be mounted to a card, as I have received them in trades. What do we do then? Mount them individually onto cardstock?

Confused in Niagara...
Jean,
I think I know what you are asking. Re: Inchie Houses- I think whatever works for you on how to mail and display them. I think 3 of them fit on an ATC back. 3 can also be stapled into a plastic sleeve. I will make both real quick and photograph them and post them here so you can get an idea of what I do.
Be back shortly.....

tammybeck
06-21-2012, 09:33 PM

Confused in Niagara...
Jean,
I would back the inchies just like normal, then add the roof, then decorate. Here is a photo of the back of mine:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6505/small/1_025__800x302_.jpg
Mine are mounted on a thick back (the base, not the roof)

Does this help?

tammybeck
06-21-2012, 09:43 PM
I posted some photos to my trade thread on how to mail, display, etc the house inchies:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23691&page=4

miloccpep
06-21-2012, 10:05 PM
Inchie houses:
Sharpie colored roofs w craftpunch heart, cherryblossom n angel. Stamping pad background w craftpunch rabbits, angels, and collage of man. Roof touch-up w white gel pen.
Rabbit house
Angel house
Man house

iowesa
06-21-2012, 10:43 PM
Love, love, love these mini houses. I just now found this thread, but have been enjoying everyone's work in the gallery. So cool!!!

Jean
06-21-2012, 11:02 PM
Well, I had a brainstorm when I was cutting out moo backgrounds: Instead of cutting the top edge FLAT, I cut it with a small tab to give me that much more glue space for adhering the roof. Worked like a charm!!!

When I reached the top of my moo, I cut a smidge toward the center on each side, then slanted up on each side and cut across. By having the side cuts, I could use Tammy's suggestion to make the top corners nearly touch the top-slants of the roof!

I will upload tomorrow, as it's late...but I am soooo relieved!

Tammy, you are such a generous soul to post the info with pics, to boot! I hope you get some luscious surprise tomorrow - you deserve it!

Jean
06-21-2012, 11:16 PM
Moooooooooooooooooo! Pending.

miloccpep
06-22-2012, 12:10 AM
2 MOOs
My House: Stamping, glitter gel pen, touch-up curlicues.
Music Moo House: craftpunch musical note for roof and door. Background recycled card w craftpunch bird, leaf n flower.

marilou
06-22-2012, 02:49 AM
Good morning everyone. OMG Jean I was a sleep when you cried for help!
Lovely eye candy to start the day with.
My cards are (mostly) made from chipboard, the roof is paper but backed.
I found small zip bags just perfect for a mini house or Moo. I would prefer
my houses not glued onto a ATC card, as I want them on display on a ring or
chain.
We also did not mention how to trade the cards, what about 4 mini houses for
2 Moo's? Sets of 4 houses would be fine. Anyone other ideas????? Please????

here are some houses, I need some for swaps

Evalila
06-22-2012, 03:10 AM
Wonderful houses everyone:)

Ill start after I return home from grocery shopping with my MIL. Umm, maybe Ill prepare some backgrounds before we leave.

For trading - Im open to anything, but it should be at least 2 moos or 2 inchie houses. 3:3, 5:5, 13:13 (:laugh:), whatever I can work out with my trading partner. :D

marilou
06-22-2012, 03:11 AM
I glue my roofs onto the house with double sided tape. Quick and Clean.
By the way ladies, do not forget to post your cards in the Athon-Gallery!
here are another 2 rows of mini houses, and then I am of for weekend shopping
for food.

102985 Mini-HAT nrs 13 to 16

102986 Mini-HAT nrs 17 to 20
all available!!!

Moosecastle
06-22-2012, 03:12 AM
Here are two small neighbourhoods from me:

1. Cigar Houses (the four bottom houses are TRADED)
2. Animal Houses

AnitaM
06-22-2012, 04:57 AM
Goodness you have all been very busy while I've been asleep.

marilou
06-22-2012, 06:35 AM
I am back and ready for the rest of the day.
Another 4 mini houses before lunch

102993 mini-HAT nrs 21 to 24

Moosecastle
06-22-2012, 07:27 AM
I have 3 sets drying at the moment - uploading later:)

And then I have to play with eyelets like marilou! I have so many and always forget to use them:D

marilou
06-22-2012, 07:47 AM
Actually those eyelets were not my idea, if I recall well, it was from Rogue Gal or
Tammybeck. I had a very light lunch, so back with more mini houses, the last ones for today, I'll moo've now.

102995 mini-HAT nrs 25 to 28

102996 mini HAT nrs 29 to 32

102997 mini HAT nra 33 to 36

All houses have their number, so if you want to build your own row, feel free to mix them up.

marilou
06-22-2012, 09:11 AM
First Moo-houses for the Athon,

103004 Moo-Houses: African 1 to 4 ON HOLD

Nancy
06-22-2012, 09:39 AM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/1854/small/1_Mini_Houses_1_2_3.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=308628) These are for trade.....What fun to make the tiny ones!! The roofs are all pointed at the top... ALL HAVE BEEN TRADED

Evalila
06-22-2012, 09:46 AM
Beautiful houses!!!

Finally found the time to create. Im working on my first moos, they still need to dry. Will upload asap:)

tammybeck
06-22-2012, 10:04 AM
Actually those eyelets were not my idea, if I recall well, it was from Rogue Gal or
Tammybeck. I had a very light lunch, so back with more mini houses, the last ones for today, I'll moo've now.

102995 mini-HAT nrs 25 to 28

102996 mini HAT nrs 29 to 32

102997 mini HAT nra 33 to 36

All houses have their number, so if you want to build your own row, feel free to mix them up.
I believe it was JoyFlower who started the eyelet idea!

Evalila
06-22-2012, 10:22 AM
Moo-Houses # 1 - 4 ---- 1 - 3 are gone

marilou
06-22-2012, 10:24 AM
The Africans made room for the birds

marilou
06-22-2012, 10:25 AM
103013 Bird Moo Houses 5 to 8

Suze
06-22-2012, 10:44 AM
Hi all! such cute little houses already posted. I thought I would try these but I'm confused on the height of moo houses versus Inchie houses. (doesn't take much to confuse me if numbers and measuring are involved:no:)

I had a thought on how to display these darling little houses, I thought I would get a glass frame, paint the frame, do some loose watercolor representing grass, hills, flowers, roads etc, then make a village. I think if I attach the houses with double sided tape they will pop off if I want to see back. :idea::)

HHC
06-22-2012, 10:54 AM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/400/small/1_6.25_Inchie_houses-faces.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=308635)I finished some inchie houses...

These are available for trade... I have other ideas for the swap. :D

marilou
06-22-2012, 10:56 AM
Hi Paintmanycolors, no reason to be confused. A moo is 1" on 2.75", the roof is a 1" square cut diagonally. It is best to glue the roof onto the moo before starting to decorate them. A wonderful idea to display the houses, like that!

marilou
06-22-2012, 11:30 AM
And this are the last MOO Houses for today

103014 African MOO houses nr 9 t0 12

nr 12 traded to Nancy

CynthiaSillitoe
06-22-2012, 12:18 PM
Great stuff! I've got to put in a load of laundry--I haven't done any since before Portland--and then I'm off to the studio to play!

Moosecastle
06-22-2012, 12:18 PM
3 more sets from me:

1. Black & Silver Cigar Houses
2. Black & Gold Cigar Houses
3. Purple Houses

Jean
06-22-2012, 12:39 PM
Just getting started for the day's art adventures...what fabulous eye candy I missed! You guys are pros!

This is how I'm cutting my moo bases: I make horizontal cuts, eeensy ones, at the top edge, then angle up on each side to make a tab. That way I have more gluing space and I feel more secure.

I can't do that with my inchies, as I'm using some that are precut, but when I cut my own for houses, I'll do the same thing.

Jean
06-22-2012, 12:45 PM
Oh, as for how to trade....

I don't usually trade sets, but 1-1 in multiples, if that makes sense, but if you and your partner want to trade in sets, go for it!

The same thing holds for cross trading, I would imagine... I seem to recall someone suggesting that we compute the square inches of art space and them trade equal amounts or next thing to it. An inchie house would be 1.5 inches of art; a moo would be 2.75 + roof, or just about 3 inches, my guestimate. So if you want to mix trades, I'd suggest two inchie houses per moo.

That said, it's up to you and your trading partner. Trade however you wish!

Artistically
06-22-2012, 12:45 PM
I have tried some more moos and I think I will make more with stamps. It is so amazing that I found my stamps :3

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/18608/small/1_P1330751.JPG (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=308648)

And all my others are also still available :3

JoyFlower
06-22-2012, 12:57 PM
What wonderful little houses!!

Great hints and tips from Tammy and Christine, and I love that as others catch on they jump on to share helpful info. Such an awesome group... An example of why I love this community.

I'm at work now, but itching to go home and start construction... Save some houses for me!!! :D

Nancy
06-22-2012, 01:00 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/1854/small/1_Mini_Houses_4_5_6.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=308657) Cat House and little houses for trade!

Artistically
06-22-2012, 01:01 PM
What wonderful little houses!!

Great hints and tips from Tammy and Christine, and I love that as others catch on they jump on to share helpful info. Such an awesome group... An example of why I love this community.

I'm at work now, but itching to go home and start construction... Save some houses for me!!! :D

Amazing words ... that also because I love this community ... all are so kind and nobody is telling you that your art is wrong ... we have got some of these stupid guys in our German ATC Community, where unfortunately the manga style is the main part of everything ... and here ... I love all these possibilities and I really love moos and inchis, so small and nice

And I also love all your creative houses. I think at the and I will have a fantastic collection of them :3

Evalila
06-22-2012, 01:15 PM
Amazing words ... that also because I love this community ... all are so kind and nobody is telling you that your art is wrong ... we have got some of these stupid guys in our German ATC Community, where unfortunately the manga style is the main part of everything ... and here ... I love all these possibilities and I really love moos and inchis, so small and nice

And I also love all your creative houses. I think at the and I will have a fantastic collection of them :3

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-hug007.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php) http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-hug008.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php) http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-hug007.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

Artistically
06-22-2012, 01:23 PM
I think there is a person which will never join this community again :3.

So after cleaning the house I am gonna make some more houses :3 ... or maybe a real ATC, cause I also want finish some of my swaps :3

Fortunately most guys on our German ATC, community are ok ... but yeah here is the mix.

International communites can always be better :3, so maybe Evalia ... someday in a German Mixed ATC Community ... lets dream and make houses :3.

KittyNL
06-22-2012, 01:24 PM
Hi there, I built some houses today :)

I got a:
1. Bees house
2. Ants house
and 3. a Cake house

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_Moos_with_hats_1.jpg

Nancy
06-22-2012, 01:38 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/1854/small/1_Mini_Houses_7_8_9_.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=308664) Some more from me! Now I have to think of something besides cats!
Little Cat is traded!

prayer_at_night
06-22-2012, 01:41 PM
*huggles Artistically* Great community here, you were right! :)

Everyone, what are you doing with the back sides of inchies/inchie houses? Do you write your name, the date, the name of the inchie and everything there (like I do with ATCs)? Or do you put that information on an extra paper? Cause I've no idea how I should write everything on a backside that small... @_@

Nancy
06-22-2012, 01:44 PM
I just sign my (real name) and add the country & state I am in.

CynthiaSillitoe
06-22-2012, 01:46 PM
Glad newbies are happy here....Athens are a great way to get to know everyone.

I so wish I had seen some of these in person. The roofs are making me crazy. I think I have 3 done. I'm going to take a lunch break and then look at them again.

Artistically
06-22-2012, 01:48 PM
I think I will glue a paper on the back of the houses and then write something like my name, country and maybe number of the house on it :3.

So it will be the same way nancy does it :3.

marilou
06-22-2012, 01:54 PM
Do not forget to put your ATC name on the cards, to get your itraders!!!
As for the inchie mini houses, screen name only, and I add a personal card with
all possible details in the envelope.

Artistically
06-22-2012, 01:55 PM
Do not forget to put your ATC name on the cards, to get your itraders!!!

So you also get itraders for Inchies and Moos ... fantastic :3

Nancy
06-22-2012, 01:56 PM
Cynthia....I do my roofs an easy way...Cut the square for the roof in half, glue one half about 1/8 inch across the front ... Then turn the card over and glue the other 1/2
exactly over the front roof.

marilou
06-22-2012, 01:59 PM
So you also get itraders for Inchies and Moos ... fantastic :3
Yes Artistically, of course. One itrader per envelope for Athons.
Unfortunately not per inchie house :)

Jean
06-22-2012, 02:05 PM
Well, look at the love fest I missed! :) That's what makes AFA so great - everyone here is so gracious!

I generally put my name/username, etsy shop, the year, and sometimes my country province. Depends on how large I'm writing that day!

Back to art!

CynthiaSillitoe
06-22-2012, 02:06 PM
Oh, I hadn't thought of doubling up. That will make them sturdier. My main problem is that I'm too tired to fuss with the paper cutter or exactness, so I'm eyeballing them, sometimes with more success than others. What I have decided is that the advice to do roofs first or early on is good. It's depressing to estimate it only to have part of the design disappear behind the roof.

What I keep reminding myself is for me this weekend is less about trades than practice for the two or maybe three swaps I signed up for without even trying them. Ah, the madness AFA leads me to.....

marilou
06-22-2012, 02:10 PM
Oh hi Jean! Sorry I was asleep, would have jumped to your rescue right away:)
I will check in later this evening and before going to bed, bed no more creations from me today!

KESagers
06-22-2012, 02:19 PM
Oh the houses are just fabulous! What a great idea for a marathon. :) Thanks for all the tips - answered my questions before I could ask. I hope to play but I am so enjoying all the posted art.

Evalila
06-22-2012, 03:03 PM
... and some more. I think Ill start some inchies now:)

# 6 , 5, 7, 8 :) 5 and 6 are gone
# 9 - 12

Jean
06-22-2012, 03:26 PM
more moos....
What does this mean? (Fluffy roof edge is intentional but can be trimmed)
The Perfect Summer

nanner
06-22-2012, 04:30 PM
STOKED over this a-thon. Hope I can carve some time out to plaaaaay! BIG love for all the mini houses posted!

marilou
06-22-2012, 05:02 PM
Night everyone, it is bedtime for me! Keep creating!!!

AnitaM
06-22-2012, 05:08 PM
Todays makes are drying - bit slow going today as the right hand is very sore so have to keep stopping to rest it. Won't be around until late afternoon tomorrow. Hope there's some houses for me to trade when I get back.

grrrdjules
06-22-2012, 06:01 PM
In the past few a-thons we've been doing moos as 2:2 trades... just throwing that in :) Hoping to make some.

Suze
06-22-2012, 06:02 PM
just wonderful little houses, I've got to work faster !!
got two done:)

pink#1 and pink#2 trade pending with Pray at Night. (thanks ; )

HHC
06-22-2012, 06:07 PM
Everyone's house are SO CUTE!
Just got back from errands and a couple of awesome garage/estate sales, so now I'll get to work on the moo's I have started. Little bitty pieces of paper are everywhere!

Suze
06-22-2012, 06:14 PM
having problems uploading onto site again
I'll keep trying, but just like before , the only place I can upload to is the thread...darn..
sure hope I'll be able to trade cause I just Love some of the lil' houses here!

prayer_at_night
06-22-2012, 06:20 PM
Oh gods, paintmanycolors, I just fell in love with the left house! <3 Oh, the eyes! *blinks*
It's totally gorgeous! <3

And I'm obviously just too slow for this world, or at least for the a-thon - I'm in the process of making my third inchie-house. The third! When everyone else has produced a whole city by now! *headdesk*

KESagers
06-22-2012, 06:37 PM
It's been so hot here I had work on some winter inchies. The background is a photograph I took of our snowy back yard. Glitter paper punch art and a gem door knob. Will trade individually.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Winter-Woods---Birds.jpg
Winter Woods - Bird

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Winter-Woods---Cat.jpg
Winter Woods - Cat

Jean
06-22-2012, 06:41 PM
Don't fret, PaN! I find the trading continues after the athon finishes, so make your houses and upload as you are able.

These are pending...
tree
woman
pair - TRADED
hut

KESagers
06-22-2012, 06:45 PM
More punch art collage. The background is a digital print of one of my stamp collages. Will trade individually.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Patriotic-Butterflies.jpg
Patriotic Butterfly Houses

CynthiaSillitoe
06-22-2012, 08:42 PM
I haven't scanned mine yet, but I think they're working. I've cut up some more houses and roofs for the rest of the weekend.

Jean
06-22-2012, 10:14 PM
Africa-themed inchie houses:
Birds - TRADED
Trees - TRADED
Family
Mother-daughter - pending

miloccpep
06-22-2012, 10:21 PM
Loved your African Inchie Houses Jean!

Jean
06-22-2012, 10:29 PM
Thanks - apologies for the rotten scan. The colors are much nice than they appear, though decidedly warm in tone.

JoyFlower
06-22-2012, 10:47 PM
I like those, Jean! Especially the "mother-daughter" house. :)

Here are a few inchie houses...sparkly paint for the bases.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/383/medium/1_001__855x373_.jpg

all available

JoyFlower
06-22-2012, 10:48 PM
And some moo houses... MARILOUPATCH gets first pick of these, as I already owe her two. :)

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/383/large/1_002__1024x458_.jpg

1 and 4 in this photo traded...others available

grrrdjules
06-22-2012, 11:08 PM
Oooooh joyflower they are great, hoping to get some done but it's looking doubtful. Freaking work and life getting in the way.

Jean
06-22-2012, 11:12 PM
Getting late for me....goodnight all!

JoyFlower
06-22-2012, 11:18 PM
Thanks, Julie! I know what you mean about life and work... WHY can't our lives be all art, all the time? Why? :P But if you do find time, I would happily (greedily) trade! :D

Sweet dreams, Jean! I'll check back about trades in the morning.

KESagers
06-23-2012, 12:11 AM
Really fabulous inchies Jean and Joy!

marilou
06-23-2012, 01:08 AM
Woke up at 5 this morning, could not go back to sleep, needed to see what you girls have been doing last night:)
Wonderful work, great art, wish I could trade for them all.
Paintmaycolors maybe yours problems uploading pictures can be solved.
If you go to manage attachments, there is a colored bar, some of it red rest of it green. Is yours completely red, then you can not upload anymore. Please contact a member of the board, Carol Cadek helped me with that problem. Hope it gets solved

I will be away most of the day, but back, late this afternoon to see if you all have been good and admire the great art produced.

Moosecastle
06-23-2012, 01:44 AM
With houses like yours, ladies, it would be too easy being a realtor;)

Red Cigar Houses:

JoyFlower
06-23-2012, 02:14 AM
Good point, Moosecastle! :) And cute red cigar inchies.

Here are a few more inchie homes...I think I need to go sleep now.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/383/medium/1_004__1024x406_.jpg

Rogue Gal
06-23-2012, 03:10 AM
My muse wasn't cooperating with me today, but I prepped lots of backgrounds and cut out images. I'm hoping that Saturday I can make some houses to trade with you all, because I'm coveting all this beautiful art!

AnitaM
06-23-2012, 04:03 AM
Ok here are some I made earlier

1. Left handed girl -- drawn with my left hand
2. flowers
3 found object (rubber stamped)
4 lollipop trees

I'm out for the rest of the day so will update the inchie houses when I get home. Have a great day crafting.

Artistically
06-23-2012, 05:14 AM
I think making these houses is so much fun and I think I am getting better from house to house. By the way, is anybody of you interested in more Rapunzel Tower Houses? I am thinking to make more of them this afternoon.

Here are some more Inchies and Moos I made yesterday night, but I have taken a better photo of them.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/18608/small/1_P1040221.JPG (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=308794)

And I really love all the houses which have been shown here ... would be a fantastic collage to put all together :3

Evalila
06-23-2012, 05:31 AM
More great housies:D

I have some inchie houses that are still drying. I love working with gel medium, but the drying time...:skeptical:

At the moment I seem to have an artistic block, so Im just doodling a bit, just to do something creative. Maybe I didnt have enough tea yet ----- heading off to the kitchen to make some more....

KittyNL
06-23-2012, 05:37 AM
Artistically; I would love a Rapunzel Tower House!

Evelyn; put on the kettle and make some more (strong) tea! I think I need some more coffee.... I am soooo sloooowwww today....

Here are 2 moo houses I made this morning.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_Moos_with_hats_2.jpg

Artistically
06-23-2012, 05:46 AM
Maybe you need to have a fantastic and good lunch Evelyn ... they are cooking so tasty food in TV at the moment. So I am gonna make me some lunch, too :3 and also my favourite tea, but will drink it cold, cause it is so warm outside.

KittylNL

Ok so I will make some more Rapunzel houses and you will be able to choose later. It's nice you are from the Netherlands. I have been in the Netherlands last year for about 6 months and you also have got so tasty food there :3 ... and of course craft stores :3 ... Action is such an amazing place full of interesting stuff and I really miss it.

Evalila
06-23-2012, 06:07 AM
Heres a pic of my doodle houses. I didnt put them in the gallery - I really dont think anyone would like to have one of these :twitcy:

Okay guys, they are all gone:) Thank you!

Evalila
06-23-2012, 06:10 AM
.... but my inchies are dry:)

First row: # 13 - 15
Second row: # 16 - 18

KittyNL
06-23-2012, 06:15 AM
Heres a pic of my doodle houses. I didnt put them in the gallery - I really dont think anyone would like to have one of these :twitcy:

Well.... I actually really love them! There are bright, funny, what is there not to like? Wanna trade?

prayer_at_night
06-23-2012, 06:28 AM
Oh, honestly? *facepalm*
I just wanted to link my first houses here, but obviously I'm too much of a newbie... I have to post some more before I'm allowed to post URLs. *lol*

If you're interested, please go check my gallery or the a-thon gallery! :)

Evalila
06-23-2012, 06:38 AM
Oh, honestly? *facepalm*
I just wanted to link my first houses here, but obviously I'm too much of a newbie... I have to post some more before I'm allowed to post URLs. *lol*

If you're interested, please go check my gallery or the a-thon gallery! :)

Umm, I think it depends on the number of posts. I believe its 15 - so youre very close

Evalila
06-23-2012, 06:44 AM
Oh, honestly? *facepalm*

??? :unsure:

prayer_at_night
06-23-2012, 07:15 AM
Umm, I think it depends on the number of posts. I believe its 15 - so youre very close

You're right, of course! Well, I'm working on the 15. ;)

And this:

"Originally Posted by prayer_at_night
Oh, honestly? *facepalm* "

Me talking to the site. ;) I had to follow the step by step explanation in the first post to even get the right links, and then I can't post them. ^^ This was just my first reaction: *raises eyebrow* Honestly, site? You won't let me post? *grinds teeth*
Sorry if I confused you!

Artistically
06-23-2012, 07:23 AM
Just one more post and you allowed to post the houses :3, although I think they are amazing. It seems you are a Rocher Junkie, because of your fantastic card you already made for the craft swap :3

http://media.animexx.onlinewelten.com/himitsu/fanarts/38/338238/2004745.jpeg?st=E6HW3pQ0QK2JuLustiIxRw&e=1340451457 <--- this one also had been totally amazing :3 (irgendwann sollst du mir auch noch so eine in der Art machen :3)

I think it would be interesting if you would make some more cards and houses in this way :3 ... without eating too much sweets :3

prayer_at_night
06-23-2012, 07:35 AM
Heee, thanks a lot, dear!

And no worries about the amount of sweets - I made my whole family save their sweet wrappings from the Easter eggs, now I have a box full of these papers! <3

Yay, 15th post! :D

prayer_at_night
06-23-2012, 07:39 AM
What I tried to post before:

"My first two sets of two inchie houses each. ^^ I'm so sloooowwww...

Anyways, I'd love to trade these! <3

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/20899/medium/1_Inchie_houses_1___2.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/20899/medium/1_Inchie_houses_3___4.jpg"

Houses 1 and 2 are already taken now. *big grin*
Do I remove them from the a-thon gallery now?

Evalila
06-23-2012, 07:42 AM
You can now delete them or move them to the "Mail Art: Traded and for Swaps" category, so others can drool over them some more:)

prayer_at_night
06-23-2012, 07:44 AM
Thanks a lot, Evalila! <3
I've been an oldie on my standard websites for so long now, it feels really weird to be a newbie now, not knowing how everything works. ^^

KittyNL
06-23-2012, 07:50 AM
Here are 3 inchie houses

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_Inchies_with_hats_1.jpg

KESagers
06-23-2012, 08:39 AM
Prayer at night - those houses are fabulous and have such great detail!

Kitty - What pretty collages.

Evalila - I actually really like those doodle Moos! And "face palm" is American slang for an American gesture - holding your face in your hands or hitting your forehead with your palm in frustration. ;)

CynthiaSillitoe
06-23-2012, 09:41 AM
Here are a few I've gotten done.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7318/large/1_houses1.jpg

KESagers
06-23-2012, 10:39 AM
Recycled a couple of my photo moos and turned them into house moos.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Camouflage-Bird-Moos.jpg
Camouflage Bird Moos

nanner
06-23-2012, 11:16 AM
Morning, Lovelies! I have some moo houses to post, and then I'll be out for a couple hours (doing a MUD RUN...a marathon where you run through mud and obstacles...why did I agree to do that?!) Anyway, I will run fastfast so I can do what I really want today, which is make more mini houses and trade with you all!!! :yes: Jean, you have first dibs if you want dibs! xoxo!

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/1144/medium/1_moos2.jpghttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/1144/medium/1_moos1.jpg

Jean
06-23-2012, 11:26 AM
OK, I gotta make a LOT of houses because I want everybody else's!!!! Superfab work, everyone! *clearing table*

Moosecastle
06-23-2012, 11:27 AM
2 more series:

Nancy
06-23-2012, 11:49 AM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/1854/small/1_Mini_Houses_10_11_12_13.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=308826)Whew! I finally finished 4 more...That I am eager to trade
because I want lots and lots of houses today! T-Left and L- right traded!!

KESagers
06-23-2012, 12:01 PM
Recycled some inchies that didn't trade. Turned them into House Moos.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Kaleidoscope-Moos.jpg
Kaleidoscope Moos

Evalila
06-23-2012, 12:22 PM
Some haunted houses

## 19 - 22

traded

KESagers
06-23-2012, 12:34 PM
This is a chunky inchie and is going to require some extra postages so lets trade this as part of a multiple trade. For example a 3 for 3 or 4 for 4 etc.

LE of 2

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Oh-Dear.jpg
Oh Dear!

jaw
06-23-2012, 01:11 PM
Wowza! It has taken me ages to get through all the pages! You have all been so busy! Wonderful, fabulous mini - art!!
I'm getting cleaned up, grabbing my tool box, and hitting the construction site! I've been cleaning and organizing my studio for two days UGH! and still not where I want it to be ... but it is time to play!

Suze
06-23-2012, 01:55 PM
oh, just delicious lil' houses you all are posting! I'm having trouble uploading to anything other than this thread. Been having this prob for some time...discouraging..:(
I have two posted on #95 on this thread and I did two more,
1.Zetti Girl
2.Reading ~ traded , thanks!

Suze
06-23-2012, 01:56 PM
yay! it worked....now off to try to upload on athon gallery, **fingers crossed**:)

Suze
06-23-2012, 02:07 PM
oh, I'm so happy, I was able to upload in the athon gallery!
yay!:jiggy:
its encouraging........off to make more so I can trade for some of these darlin' houses!

Jean
06-23-2012, 02:10 PM
Monochromatic inchie houses: grey with black and white. I let the pattern of the colors dictate the art.
Top: Haiku Houses - Leaf - TRADED, Mountain
Bottom: BogeyMan House, The Byrds at Home

HHC
06-23-2012, 02:18 PM
What a fabulous mini neighborhood we have going! I have some made, but no time to scan and post... I'm off to work. wah! I really gotta win the lottery so I can be uninterrupted while my muse is working. :)

Artistically
06-23-2012, 02:24 PM
I have made a better overview of my Inchies and Moos here (http://craft-kakao.blogspot.de/2012/06/house-inchies-and-moos.html). So if you want, you can also have a look on my blog and just ask me here for trade.

It makes so fun to make them and yes, this is an amazing mini nighborhood, we are produceing this weekend :)

Theresagram
06-23-2012, 02:44 PM
This looks like fun!! Lots of cool houses being posted!

I have a question. I've made a few moos, but never made any inchies. How thick do inchies have to be? Is sturdy card stock good enough, or should they be on something like cereal box cardboard?

I might just try a few of these....

Jean
06-23-2012, 03:05 PM
I use watercolor paper, 140 lb/300gsm, for w/c inchies and that works well. I have colored cardstock, but it feels a bit flimsy to me, so if I use it, I glue it to another piece of cardstock or w/c paper or cardboard.

Theresa, try it try it try it! I was VERY resistant to the moo cards, as I hate moo business cards, but the size is lovely for art!

It's hard to find time for art, isn't it - I know I keep looking and looking at all the wonderful houses!

prayer_at_night
06-23-2012, 03:06 PM
Oh my, you all have such creative ideas! :D
I love refreshing the page and see all the cute and wonderful new houses! <3

I created my first moo house earlier, and every time I'm not drawing my plans of bathrooms for my homework, I'm glueing and drawing and glittering on new little houses! :D

JoyFlower
06-23-2012, 03:12 PM
Oh goodness! DELIGHTFUL housing project this is! So much variety...I want them all. :laugh:

THERESA - Jean's right. Try it! These little treasures are so fun...
As to materials, mine are either mounted on chipboard bases, or are a couple of layers of cardstock...you want them to be fairly sturdy.

AnitaM
06-23-2012, 03:17 PM
I'm sure I've just posted on here.........scratches head in confusion.

You've all been very creative today. I'll reply to inbox messages in a little while.

Here are some inchies houses I made and are available if anyone would like to trade.

Home is where the heart is
Flower house
Eye C U
flower girl

Jean
06-23-2012, 03:22 PM
Forgot my Art Mooseum....can't decide if the figures are dogs on pillows, a cat and a dog on their pillows, or maybe a bridge and a duck? LOL

Theresagram
06-23-2012, 03:53 PM
HotMamaRama got me into the moos. I have a number of them started.... :)

Evalila
06-23-2012, 04:01 PM
miloccpep has first, mariloupatch second dib on these :)

## 23 - 26

## 27 - 27

Suze
06-23-2012, 04:32 PM
these little houses are so fun, huh? (wish I had the eyesight of a 20yr old though!):)

Love Shack #1
Love Shack #2

Theresagram
06-23-2012, 04:35 PM
Ok, I just finished my zetti safari atc's....now I'm gonna try some inchie houses!!

KESagers
06-23-2012, 04:50 PM
these little houses are so fun, huh? (wish I had the eyesight of a 20yr old though!):)

Gosh me too! I just got new glasses and I still feel like I'm blind as a bat.:cool:

Theresagram
06-23-2012, 04:57 PM
Gosh me too! I just got new glasses and I still feel like I'm blind as a bat.:cool:

So far I keep testing as better than 20/20 vision, but I have trouble seeing the small stuff. That's why I haven't ever done inchies.

Artistically
06-23-2012, 04:59 PM
My Rapunzel Moo Tower Houses are finished, although it is more a mix of Fairy Tales and Animal Towers :3

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/18608/small/1_P1330776.JPG (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=308904)

So I have got 5 Tower Houses available now.

Jean
06-23-2012, 05:16 PM
These are pending selection by a trader...mothers and daughters.
Left - pitcher - TRADED
Right - bundle - TRADED

Pochadiva
06-23-2012, 06:32 PM
I wish I had more time this weekend. I may try to post some today before I go to a pitiful Padres ballgame and tomorrow before this is over.

Pochadiva
06-23-2012, 07:33 PM
Ok....managed to finish four little houses!

beyondshay
06-23-2012, 07:35 PM
I've posted my first two little neighborhoods!!! My first inchies...and they are sooooo much fun!
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/19769/small/1_1IH.Inchie_Houses_Red.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/19769/small/1_1IH.Inchie_Houses_Silver.jpg

Will post some more soon!!!! YAY!!!

beyondshay
06-23-2012, 07:36 PM
Those are darling little houses Pocha :D

KESagers
06-23-2012, 07:44 PM
Nice new moos and inchies!

JoyFlower
06-23-2012, 08:03 PM
A few more "moo" houses ... bits of art being done between bits of housework and such.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/383/medium/1_002__901x718_.jpg

Jean
06-23-2012, 08:28 PM
OK. I am getting seriously stressed here. It's like Black Friday at Macy's - when they have those insane discounts and about a gazillion people in every aisle.....and you want to be everywhere at once, filling your arms with great buys before someone else snags the bargain!

*deep breath* Ground and center. I will NOT be materialistic. Admiring art is as good as possessing it.

*thinking* It IS?

*thinking* I dunno about that. I WANT EVERYTHING I SEE! *ahem* What I meant to say was, WOW, everyone is posting fantabulously amazingly charming, beautiful, funny, super-great houses! I'd better get busy making more to trade!

KESagers
06-23-2012, 08:38 PM
LOL Jean - I know exactly how you are feeling!

Joy those moos are lovely!

Here are my last for today - more tomorrow. ;)

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Vintage-Fountain-Drinks.jpg
Vintage Fountain Drinks

Suze
06-23-2012, 08:54 PM
:yes: I know what you mean Jean!! I haven't traded for soooo long and these houses are such fun AND theres SO many cute ones....I want them ALL.
you know my age :) and I'll just say this, I'm having to sit on 3 pillows. and not for height either.:swoon: LOL! oh dear.

I'm working on more though and hoping theres some lil' houses left for my village.

JoyFlower
06-23-2012, 08:59 PM
Right there with you all! I'm enjoying these little treasures so much - both making them and collecting them. :)
And what a great way to artfully use papers and embellishments that haven't found their way into other projects, but that you just couldn't make yourself throw away. I always have a container or two of "bits."

Jean
06-23-2012, 09:08 PM
Bits. Ok, now we're talking MY insanity. I find myself looking at half-inch scraps now, thinking, ok, maybe that could be a little door....*thud* I'm on my way to being a hoarder, I think! EEEEEEEEEEEK!

JoyFlower
06-23-2012, 09:14 PM
:laugh: I KNOW, Jean! It's TERRIBLE....especially for those of us who like to dabble in lots of different media. ... and at art events we can never let them clean floors or tables until we are done because they might throw out our treasures thinking they are "just scraps."

A good argument for specializing in watercolor or pencil only. Or only doing LARGE canvases with oil or acrylic. But will that happen? NOPE! :nah:

Jean
06-23-2012, 09:38 PM
I have a box with candy wrappers from Christmas. They're green foil, gorgeous. I hate to use them b/c ... I'm nuts, I guess!

And words - ! OMG, words. I see a good word or phrase and grab the scissors and than I have this little sliver with a word on it and how the heck do you store that?! OR find 'em! Maybe if I weren't so...nuts. I mean, every magazine has all the letters I need to spell out whatever I want to say, but no. When I see the phrase or the word already complete - out come the scissors! OY!

KESagers
06-23-2012, 09:49 PM
Jean I have a box of candy wrappers also. Beryl Taylor has used them in her art with amazing results and now I can't throw a wrapper away. :wacko:

Suze
06-23-2012, 10:07 PM
lol, I'm right there with you girls, I saved all the Dove candy wrappers with the words inside. (never ate the chocolate, nope, nope, nope....;););)

two more lil' houses

Rose Cottage traded...thank you
Cat House traded...thanks

Nancy
06-23-2012, 10:23 PM
It has been a http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/1854/small/1_Mini_Houses_______14_15.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=308994)fun day trading and finally I have more made!

Nancy
06-23-2012, 10:34 PM
And here are sohttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/1854/small/1_Mini_Houses___16_17_18_19.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=308995)me inchie houses ready for trade1

Jean
06-23-2012, 10:45 PM
Watching the 1953 coronation of Q. Eliz...needed something tasteful after watching Jerseylicious. Good grief. Whatever happened to a bit of refinement???? Anyway, my contribution to the AFA real estate boom:

First set: Subtle Questions, Leaf, Heart with Rose
Second set: Hot, Cupcake, Resistible, Tear-Friendly heart

Lighting wasn't great, and I used glitter pens which played heck with the values. The leaf one has a camellia on it, glittery pink and red. The Tear Friendly one has a red heart with red and pale purple accents and out lining. The Hot has glitter in the words and elsewhere, too.

Rogue Gal
06-23-2012, 11:00 PM
And words - ! OMG, words. I see a good word or phrase and grab the scissors and than I have this little sliver with a word on it and how the heck do you store that?! OR find 'em! Maybe if I weren't so...nuts. I mean, every magazine has all the letters I need to spell out whatever I want to say, but no. When I see the phrase or the word already complete - out come the scissors! OY!

LOL! This happened to me at the Portland AFA gathering. I was talking to amyfaerie while she was arting, and she threw away about a third of a book page. I snatched it out of the trash pile and said, "You can't throw this away - it has the word "ruffian" on it!" She looked startled as I carried it off to my art lair across the table.

Jean
06-23-2012, 11:03 PM
LOL! This happened to me at the Portland AFA gathering. I was talking to amyfaerie while she was arting, and she threw away about a third of a book page. I snatched it out of the trash pile and said, "You can't throw this away - it has the word "ruffian" on it!" She looked startled as I carried it off to my art lair across the table.

She was probably KICKING herself, lol. I would have been!

Friends, this girl is tuckered out from all the excitement of the day....so I'm heading off to bed....see y'all tomorrow! *waving*

Rogue Gal
06-23-2012, 11:04 PM
Okay, today was more productive - I made inchie houses, moo houses, regular moos, and regular inchies. All are in my gallery, but will just post the houses here.

103132 Fish house is traded

103133 Sweet Cat is traded

103134 Little Boy is traded

beyondshay
06-23-2012, 11:08 PM
Here are two more sets of 4!!! Have used all my blanks and have to make more before any more neighborhoods can be created *grin*

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/19769/small/1_1IH.Inchies_Houses_Kitty.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/19769/small/1_1IH.Inchie_Houses_Blue_Moon.jpg

JoyFlower
06-23-2012, 11:50 PM
One more set of moo houses... maybe my last for the day...we'll see. ;)

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/383/medium/1_003__1024x726_.jpg

Nancy
06-24-2012, 12:30 AM
Joyflower these are so beautiful, and calming, just sitting here staring at them is almost hypnotic...I am going to go and curl up in bed...humm...maybe you can market them and get the whole world off of Lexapro and SSRIs...and become a millionaire!!!

KESagers
06-24-2012, 12:30 AM
Another wonderful day of house art! Thank you all for sharing your art - one of my favorite parts of a marathon. Night!:sleep:

marilou
06-24-2012, 01:15 AM
Joyflower these are so beautiful, and calming, just sitting here staring at them is almost hypnotic...I am going to go and curl up in bed...humm...maybe you can market them and get the whole world off of Lexapro and SSRIs...and become a millionaire!!!
YOu are so right Nancy. Those moo's are real sweet candy.
Just got up! OMG such beautiful art and discussions.
Why do we need sleep? Sometimes it looks like it is a waste of precious time LOL
Good morning everyone, coffee is brewing, and then.....hope my muse is awake as well

marilou
06-24-2012, 01:32 AM
And here they are, nr 13 is on request for Tammybeck, Evalila has first choice.
HOPE there will be more, as it is a cold rainy day, What better one can do than do not look outside but create...

marilou
06-24-2012, 01:33 AM
yeh not awake yet forgot the picks

Evalila
06-24-2012, 02:06 AM
Beautiful, beautiful art, everyone!

Im already working on more moo houses. Hubby decided to get up, too *LOL*, so now its time for breakfast.

Moosecastle
06-24-2012, 02:26 AM
So glad to hear your East-West-Home-is-Best-athon prize has made it fine, Evalila:) And that you find it usefull:D

Now with all those houses; where are the craft stores in our city?!?!?! ;)

Pochadiva
06-24-2012, 02:29 AM
Got in four more inchie houses before going to bed.

marilou
06-24-2012, 02:48 AM
All African houses gone.....make request in case anyone like some :)

marilou
06-24-2012, 03:59 AM
Moved from Afrika to Asia. I do not knwo why my scanner cut of the top of the roofs :arghh:
103144 17 on hold - 18 available-19 available-20 available

Evalila
06-24-2012, 04:02 AM
I finished breakfast - and my aquarium moo houses:)

marilou
06-24-2012, 04:17 AM
Did you feed the fishes too???? LOL They are gorgeous!!!

Evalila
06-24-2012, 04:20 AM
Of course I did! Fishes that have died of hunger arent fun;)

marilou
06-24-2012, 04:46 AM
And now for something completely different...put it in writing!

103146 21 traded-22 available-23 available and 24 traded

KittyNL
06-24-2012, 06:02 AM
WOW great houses!

I could not get out of bed this morning, I was reading a nice book and thought I finish the book in one hour. I didn't.... still do not know the end. Anyway, then my sister called me out of bed, she was quite worried... I am normally up really early.

My uncle is in hospital and he is going to be discharged today, I will need to pick him up, bring him back to the care center he lives in, have a cup of coffee and then I hope to be back :)

I still have to make Marilou a time moo house and I have a few others in my mind. See ya later! Have fun, leave some houses to trade for me!

marilou
06-24-2012, 06:19 AM
and the last ones for this morning, music Moo-houses

103148 nrs 25-26-27-28

Moosecastle
06-24-2012, 06:38 AM
I got sidetracked...

Evalila
06-24-2012, 06:43 AM
I got sidetracked...

Would make a nice roof :laugh:

Evalila
06-24-2012, 07:03 AM
found a few Alice-images:)

Evalila
06-24-2012, 07:58 AM
Where is everybody????????? Im sooooooo alone ;)

Some Asian Inchie Houses

No. 35 - 37
No. 38 - 40

As always, mix and match is fine - even moos and inchies. Just let me know the numbers:D

prayer_at_night
06-24-2012, 08:09 AM
Don't feel lonely, Evalila! :)
I'm here, just... not really. Now that it's Sunday I really need to work on that stupid homework. ;___;

But I love your Asian houses! Can't even decide which one I like best, they are all so pretty! :3 *sprinkles love and glitter over the virtual room*

I'll be back with yesterday's houses in the afternoon! <3

marilou
06-24-2012, 08:16 AM
Evie....don't cry, I am here too, watching you, and creating more African Moo Houses.
But indeed it is very quiet, everyone having a nap? nah...:nah: only for old bored people!!!

103161 nrs 29-30-31-32
Jean has first choice

AnitaM
06-24-2012, 08:38 AM
Ohhh Mariloupatch your African ladies are lovely (I've just replied to your pm).

Ok little update regarding my houses - I only have the left handed lady Moo card available. I didn't quite expect all the houses to go so quickly -thank you to everyone who asked for trades. I will be making some more Moos and inchies houses so if anyone does want to trade after the athon please let me know.

I've replied to all pms.

Artistically
06-24-2012, 08:50 AM
I think the European are awake and the rest is sleeping? You did again some amazing houses.

I also tried my best, although it is raining cats and dogs at the moment outside and I needed to have some dry sand.

So I took one of our umbrellas and went outside on the playground next to our house and played with sand :3

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/18608/small/1_P1330813.JPG (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=309068)

It really made fun, although my room is a bit sandy now. Normally I do this outside ... no but not in the rain :3.

But it seems it is not raining in all parts of Germany, cause my mum is visiting some big rose gardens at the moment in our "small mountains" called Harz and the weather is so good there :3.

marilou
06-24-2012, 09:01 AM
Wonderful sandy cards Artistically, it was brave to go outside in the rain, and the result stunning.
Its raining here too! Although das Herzgebirge ist not that far from us. Maybe it is raining "locally" always means at our place!

Artistically
06-24-2012, 09:09 AM
I think rain is normal for Bremen I live so closed to :3. People sometimes call Bremen the London of Germany ... very funny. And it is also good for our flowers :).

It's amazing you enjoy them. Sometimes it is also funny to act as a child and play with sand and glue :).

Evalila
06-24-2012, 09:53 AM
Oh, Im glad Im not alone ;)

Just finished some Moo-hooo houses. And while I was waiting for them to dry I painted some simple flowers:

Moo-Hoo ## 41 - 44

Simplicity ## 45 - 48 -- # 48 is traded

Unfortunately the pics are a little blurry :(

Suze
06-24-2012, 09:54 AM
second cup of coffee kicked in and I've been admiring all the houses! SO cute, and it seems like the more we make the more inspiration we get and as HQ Poirot would say, "the tiny grey cells in our brain are working " I just love him!

going to try to get a couple done today :)

marilou
06-24-2012, 09:57 AM
hahaha Hercule Poirot never said "tiny" grey cells, he would be offended.
He is cute, of course he is from Belgium!
Can not wait to see what you have prepared for us!

Evalila
06-24-2012, 09:59 AM
So all Belgians are cute:D

marilou
06-24-2012, 10:01 AM
...need something Evie??? Maybe some chocolate, Belgian chocolate is THE best:)
I just signed all houses traded and prepared the envelopes, pfff quite a job!
So, what now???

Evalila
06-24-2012, 10:05 AM
You temptress, you!

Im ALWAYS in need of chocolate :yes::twitcy::wub:

marilou
06-24-2012, 10:24 AM
OK Evie, understood :cute:

Those inchie houses are left over so far, make your choice!

nrs are, from top left on: 13/14/15/16/17/18/19/20/25/26/27/28/35/36

Evalila
06-24-2012, 10:27 AM
Do you need something from Germany? Sauerkraut and knuckle of pork maybe? :biglaugh:

Suze
06-24-2012, 10:28 AM
OH, your right Marilou, he said "little grey cells", haha , yes, he would be offended. lol.
and please pass some of that Belgium chocolate this way, It Is The Best!

marilou
06-24-2012, 10:28 AM
noppe....eine gute trockne Riesling mmmmmm

Suze
06-24-2012, 10:31 AM
oh wait...he must of said "the grey cells, they are working" hahaha

can I interest you in some fried green tomatoes and cheese grits and fresh peaches from the south ?

Evalila
06-24-2012, 10:38 AM
noppe....eine gute trockne Riesling mmmmmm

Not sure if you really would like me to choose one - Im anything else but a gourmet of wine...

marilou
06-24-2012, 10:39 AM
yes please, some juicy sweet peaches!
you will not believe this, but I do not like chocolate very much, so I am willing to trade!

Evalila
06-24-2012, 10:39 AM
fresh peaches???? mmmmmmmmmmmmmmh

miloccpep
06-24-2012, 10:53 AM
Finally, just manage 3 decent MOOs! And it is now 10.48! It always happens that way! I couldn't fine my oil pastel, so settled for other type of crayon. Colors not as sharp though.

The cards are closed together to give the impression of a house w flowers outside.

marilou
06-24-2012, 10:55 AM
Lovely flower houses Rita!!!

miloccpep
06-24-2012, 10:59 AM
Thanks Marilou! I see you are on the roll! You go Girl!

marilou
06-24-2012, 11:11 AM
Artsemix, your envelope is still open, and I owned you a steampunk Chunky,
so I made it first so send it all together. Hope you like it.

Pochadiva
06-24-2012, 11:12 AM
I have another 6 inchies to display. (traded)

monarch
06-24-2012, 11:20 AM
moo houses available........# 4 & 5................

Both are traded..................

miloccpep
06-24-2012, 11:42 AM
Aha! Found my oil pastel! Guess this is it. Time is 11.38!
Need to hurry before the carriage change into a pumpkin! I know, very creative title! LOL!

miloccpep
06-24-2012, 11:55 AM
Thank you Jean for starting this impromptu athon! Inspired me w ideas for the swaps! Time is now 11.53, so have to hang up my crayons! I will be looking forward to see more fun creations tomorrow!
mariloupatch, Evalila, and Moosecastle - thank you too for providing all the chats, eye-candies and co-hosting!

KittyNL
06-24-2012, 12:02 PM
I am back! But all that talk about food makes me hungry... dinner first and then I will try to make some more houses.

HHC
06-24-2012, 12:06 PM
You have all been busy over (my) night! Wonderful houses everyone!

KESagers
06-24-2012, 01:14 PM
Here are some bingo postage collages:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Bingo-Postage.jpg
Bingo Postage houses

grrrdjules
06-24-2012, 01:43 PM
Yeah, I did some! Trading 2:2

nosy neighbour 1 - traded
nosy neighbour 2 - traded
nun in the house - traded
Party in the house - traded

Boy that was speedy!

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/361/1_House-a-thon1.jpg

Jean
06-24-2012, 01:47 PM
As of now, these are the houses I have available:
Group 1
Heart/rose house, tear-friendly, leaf
cupcake, Hot, Resistible
good friends, african trees traded, african family traded
orange roof, observe, family

Group 2
fortunate, The Byrds at Home
mountains, love is best, odd house
subtle questions dragonfly, so perfect sailboat, bogeyman

Jean
06-24-2012, 01:48 PM
Oops forgot the moos!

Top: Perfect Summer, Hut pending, Trees pending
Bottom: Postmaster, Awaken Your Senses traded, What does this mean?

KittyNL
06-24-2012, 02:11 PM
I just made my last moo house for mariloupatch. My muse has left me...

Thanks for the fun!!

Suze
06-24-2012, 02:22 PM
Cute Cute houses everyone!! is it true that we only go through tonight? not Monday?

I wanted to share a dye spritzer that I found at Jo-Ann's, I just love them and the colors are vibrant and have a slight shimmer to them. Their by a co. called www.Imaginecrafts.com. (they dry super fast, I'll try to use them today in a moo house ; ) their called "Fireworks"

Evalila
06-24-2012, 02:46 PM
Okay, I started to prepare my envelopes, but Im still open for trades;)
My gallery is updated. If you see something you like - just PM me.

Thanks to you all for making this such a fun weekend and for trading with me. And lots of Thanks for course to our wonderful hostess Jean:D

And now Ill call it a day. CU!

prayer_at_night
06-24-2012, 03:03 PM
These are the mini houses I made yesterday (and this morning).
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/20899/medium/1_Inchie_houses_5___6.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/20899/medium/1_moo_houses_1___2.jpg

All houses are traded now! <3

I want to say thank you as well, to a wonderful host crew and to everyone else for being so kind towards me. You lot made me feel very welcome here. :3 Thank you!!!
And I'd love to trade some more even if the a-thon must end, so keep creating mini houses, okay? ;D

AnitaM
06-24-2012, 03:04 PM
For Mariloupatch - please choose which lollipop tree you would like -the trees are slightly different in size. The inchies are for you to- not exactly the same but similar to the ones I made earlier. Hope you like them.

Moosecastle
06-24-2012, 03:30 PM
No houses from me today. I went to the movies and afterwards to family dinner at my parents:)

We should be able to house a whole country by now;)

nanner
06-24-2012, 03:38 PM
A neighborhood of pink & green inchie houses!

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/1144/medium/1_pink_green.jpg

And thanks for the hellos and high-fives for the Mud Run. Check out how artfully the mud splashed into a HEART onto my cheek during the race?!

Artistically
06-24-2012, 03:57 PM
I have also started to prepare the envelopes and glue some papers on the back of the moos and inchies so they will be much stronger than before, cause I used some watercolor papers for them.

I also have to thank for a funny, fantastic and enjoyable swap and I think I will trade more and more inchies and moos later, because this is also so funny and fantastic to see what a person is able to make on such a tiny space of 1x1 inch :3

You can still have a look into my gallery or my blog :3. And there is only 1 Rapunzel Tower left :3

Pochadiva
06-24-2012, 04:05 PM
two moos (on hold)....have to make more....

Jean
06-24-2012, 04:13 PM
As for me...I'm gonna keep on making 'em and posting 'em, lol. I'm having a ball! It would be less stressful to have a Mini-houseTAT: a Mini-house Trade-a-thon. We'd spend the week or weekend making houses and NOT posting them till a set-upon time and then spend time TRADING!

Hmm. As soon as I wrote that I got a vision of sharks circling a stalled boat.

*thinking* In real life, I am actually a fairly easy-going person, not terribly selfish and sometimes quite generous....but boy, you show me art and I turn into Donald Trump: GET THAT PROPERTY! lolol

I'm waiting for four African Moos to dry; Evalila has to choose two and I think I have another trader waiting for African. The Mooseums are next!

KESagers
06-24-2012, 04:34 PM
These are chunky inchies and is going to require some extra postages so lets trade this as part of a multiple trade. For example a 3 for 3 or 4 for 4 etc.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Alice-House-inchies.jpg
Alice House inchies