PDA

View Full Version : ROLO- The REPLAY

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

shoreart
04-01-2008, 09:32 AM
Rolodex - The RePlay
Welcome to The RePlay Rolo Swap. This will be an ongoing swap. I will serve as the monitor of this thread, posting updates as needed, making corrections and answering any questions, etc., but trading will initiated by you with the other participants who have signed up. Please use your personal messaging system to work out your trade requests.

Since this thread will be ongoing you can sign up or drop out when you wish, trade when ever and with whom ever you want at any time.

There will be some basic guidelines to follow:

1. The rolodex card size is 3 x 5 (if someone has the smaller size that's ok too, but please let us know before you buy anything).

2. You will set up your own trades via personal messaging or email.

3. The format for the address rolodex card should be uniform:

user name on top and first
real name
address
telephone and/or email are optional

4. Artists can list a couple of topics/themes they might like have on their card but
always remember this can be artist choice. Please discuss this with your trading
partner BEFORE the actual trade.

5. Please make the back of the rolo card look nice as well so if there is an address
change the new address can go right on the back and still look artsy.

I wrote a "how to" for rolos: http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2177

Here is our previous ROLODEX--The Revival Thread (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1155), hosted by Rocnic.

PARTICIPATING ARTISTS IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER:

c = circular rolodex
f - flat rolodex

NOTE: When making rolodex cards, if the person has a "c" behind their name it means they have a circular rolodex base and the art on the back should go upside down (holes at the top) and if the person has an "f" behind their name it means they have a flat rolodex base and the art should go in the same direction on the back as on the front (holes as the bottom).

adifferentstory - f - artist choice
alfamom - f - artist choice
amyfaerie - f - vintage typewriters/circus sideshow/artist's choice
andreananda - f - artist choice
art4mysanity - f - artist choice
artedar - f or c - artist choice/anything old/zetti
arteeztmom - f
artpup -f - Dogs/mermaids/40's Vintage/Travel/coffee
artsygemini - c- jesters/celestial/fairy/gnomes/humorous/artist choice
artworm - sideways- check with her first about trades
Asena - f - artisit's choice
Beckster - f - artist choice
bigkay - f or c - robots/artist choice/punk rock/mermaids
bluebell235 - f - artist choice
bluellen - f - zetti
chardonnay - f -
coffeelatte - f - winged hearts/coffee & retro kitchen/silent movie vamps/bluebirds/crows/owls/swallows/dogs/cat/bunny
crazycat - f - artist choice
eggstudio - f - artist choice
fuzzynoodle - f - geekery" (robots, zombies, etc)/vintage/zetti/artist choice
gezza - f - artist choice except oriental, goth or ghouls
glittercrow- c
grrdjules - f - "no new trades for now"
ilah barnes - f - farm/agriculture/fruit/veggies/crops/farm animals/patriotic-USA (not political)/foreign countries - cards should be "work place safe"
inkadinkado - ? - flowers, collage/mixed media, vintage,frogs, fruits, babies or animals with wings or crowns/mermaids
polka dots/ paisleys/ stars, watercolors,ocean life...colors blue,coral, black/white, brown/pink
j4mi3 - f - flying pigs/vintage/50's kitsch/artists choice
jazzie - c - artist's choice
jetleg - f - hearts, flowers, artist's choice
joyflower - f - giraffes/birds/silly things/pink/purses/shoes/vintage/artists choice
kaisaj - f - artist choice
karenm - c -angels/hearts/nature/artist choice except dark or nudes
katiev - c - artist choice/hearts/houses/hedgehogs
kysunflower - f - vintage women/dragonflies with flowers/zetti/winged people
Lilylemon - c - see personal profile, artist's choice, something depicting the artist's username
linda4atc - f - fantasy/vintage travel/artist choice
lindamay
lisab - c or f - artist choice on hold for now
livia - f - birds/winged folks/artist choice
lori.rn - f or c - watermelon/zetti/things with wings/flower/vintage/retro/cats/funky/artist choice.
luvloz - animal/beautiful woman on hold for now
moggy - c - artist choice/cats
mrubyjean - f - artist choice
paben - f - funky/zetti/children with wings o rhats/fantasy/artist choice on hold for now
Paperfairys - f - fairies/gothic/vintage/abstract/words
paperscraps - f
pippin - c - artist choice
pumpkin - f - artist choice/fantasy/zetti/birds/colour
purplecat - f or c - artists choice/ vintage/ hearts/ hens/ cats/fairies/angels
ratmom - f
ria - f - Asian/vintag/chunky anything/birds/african
rocnic23 - f crows/zettis/coffee cups/cupcakes/whimsical
rothko - c -artist choice
SallyAnn - f - no nudes or witchcraft/ artist's choice
schonafrye - f- Monochromatic/Black+White+1 color/Pink/Girly/Fun/Tea/Artist choice (no oriental,Nudes or coffee)
shirl - f
shoreart - f or c...I am on rolo holder # 2.
smokeysmom - f - peacocks/Jesters/Clowns/roosters/zetti/Asian.
susietex - c - sea/oriental/humor
tanya - f - trees/hens/roosters/birds/crows/collage/houses/bight & funky/vintage please keep sides free from overhang...but go as high as you'd like)
terryart
TherapyArtist - f - artist choice/fairies/nature/giggling babies/original art/Hugh Laurie
topaz - f - artist choice
totolyozsome - wizard of oz (especially flying monkeys)/daisies/butterflies/angels
vbr - bees/art deco/vintage/dogs/ravens/artist choice
wme133 - f - artist choice
WOClovers
ylfnogard - faces/text/artist choice/puprle/zetti/wings/dragonfly (On leave for now)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

purplecat
04-01-2008, 09:48 AM
Just had to be the first to post! Welcome to our new thread host, we promise to behave ourselves!!

Shirl
04-01-2008, 10:05 AM
I got an awesome Day of the Dead rolo from Linda4atc!! DH was impressed too :)
ty ty ty I love it!

Andreananda
04-01-2008, 10:11 AM
Just stopping in to say hello and thank you to Shoreart for being the new thread hostess.

Gezza
04-01-2008, 11:16 AM
BeautXful Rolos Shoreart:)

wme133
04-01-2008, 11:30 AM
Welcome Shoreart....and "no", we surely won't behave ourselves...lol

Linda4atc
04-01-2008, 11:49 AM
LOL Welcome to our new boss lady and three cheers to Roc for all her hours and hours of service. I love this thread and I can't believe I waited so long to join up.

Topaz
04-01-2008, 12:45 PM
Welcome to our new rolo mommy. Hi Shel. Your plate is full at present with the art fest upon all of you. E-Gads. Looking forward to trading some rolo's again.

Priorities have diverted my art intentions lately. Good Luck Shel

Tanya
04-01-2008, 01:06 PM
I'll be good!.... well sort of :P....

Linda4atc
04-01-2008, 01:24 PM
Got a question .... The Subscription pages do not have the little box you can check to move them to another folder. Is Roc's thread completely closed?? If I unsubscribe and try to resubscribe it to another folder will it let me?? In the past you could not subscribe to a thread that had been closed. Been there, done that ....

shoreart
04-01-2008, 01:28 PM
Linda, I haven't closed the old thread yet. Just in case we have some stragglers. When it does get closed, I think it gets archived somewhere..but am not sure.

Linda4atc
04-01-2008, 01:34 PM
Thanks hun I moved it to my archive subscription folder where I put the swaps and stuff I've been in but still want to keep handy.

rocnic23
04-01-2008, 02:12 PM
here i am. great job shel! you did it!

rocnic23
04-01-2008, 04:10 PM
i rec'd a wonderful cupcake rolo from andreananda today!! thanks!

KarenM
04-01-2008, 04:12 PM
Thanks for taking the helm, Shoreart. So glad to see your "face" lol, Roc.

Paperfairys
04-01-2008, 04:48 PM
Ooooo Thank You for adding me :)

elaine x

grrrdjules
04-01-2008, 05:08 PM
Did you say "behave" or "beehive"? Hey, that's it... we can have a party for shoreart in a fifties theme! Spin some sounds daddio I'll make the cocktail weenies!

I received not one but TWO fabbage rolos today from smokeysmom and artedar.

grrrdjules
04-01-2008, 05:11 PM
fuzzynoodle, kysunflower and susietex - I need addresses so I can send your rolos!!! please pm me.

ArteDar
04-01-2008, 09:26 PM
TY TY TY Coffeelatte! I love my rolo!....we collect angels here and this one is charming....the back with the old timy stuff is way kewl too.....the ol' label even has your last name.....I didn't miss that!
Hugs, Dar

Andreananda
04-01-2008, 10:20 PM
i rec'd a wonderful cupcake rolo from andreananda today!! thanks!

Glad you like it Roc!

Andreananda
04-01-2008, 10:21 PM
I recieved a really cool rolo from Smokeysmom today!

LuvLoz
04-01-2008, 11:01 PM
Hello, just wanted to pop my head into the new home.

lori.rn
04-02-2008, 12:15 AM
I received a stunning rolo today from Paperscraps. "Gulp" :yes:

My husband held up the envie today and asked "did you get this card from ..... yet?"
I guess he was asking because both sides of the envie were slit open:arghh: By the grace of God, everything was there!!!! I really looks like someone took a paper opener to the sides.

Tanya
04-02-2008, 05:48 AM
Well I thought I better do my bit to decorate the new place:idea:...

Pop Art Cow For Miss Barbcards...
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2414/2379182440_2d759f31e3.jpg?v=0

The Cats Meow for Miss ArteDar...
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3080/2378357139_c4fb4a24db.jpg?v=0

Hope you like them ladies!

Tanya
04-02-2008, 05:54 AM
Oh look whats arrived! A fabulous gothgirl with coodrdinating coffin pin!!! Thanx Shirl baby - I love her!!! Off to leave you feedback now...

{Note to Grrrdjules - you have an S&M recipe box? Are we talking studded leather here! Details please!}

PaperScraps
04-02-2008, 08:05 AM
I received a stunning rolo today from Paperscraps. "Gulp" :yes:

My husband held up the envie today and asked "did you get this card from ..... yet?"
I guess he was asking because both sides of the envie were slit open:arghh: By the grace of God, everything was there!!!! I really looks like someone took a paper opener to the sides.

Someone was probably looking for money. :no: I'm glad the rolo was ok.

rocnic23
04-02-2008, 08:07 AM
oh that cat rolo is so awesome!

amyfaerie
04-02-2008, 08:30 AM
i concur, roc . . . tanyas' cat rolo is awesome! (the cows are great, too--barb's gonna love them!)

sigh! i actually am here, and i'm gonna do better at popping in more often now! i signed up for WAY too many swaps, which is ridiculous, because i don't really enjoy them . . . but that's another topic altogether. regardless, i'm caught up--and i've put in my letter of resignation at work, so a weight is lifted off my shoulders in that capacity, too!

the hubs and i are really doing it--moving to OR or WA in july. jobs or not. lol! barb and joyflower, watch out! i'll be buggin' ya for meetups before you know it!

i actually think i owe no one rolos! if i'm mistaken, let me know . . . there are quite a few people who i'm waiting on rolos FROM, but that's not me putting on the pressure! LOL!

wme133
04-02-2008, 09:14 AM
Got my adorable rolo from TotallyOzSome!! Love it.
I'll have one out to you next week....after the sleepover...wooohooo.

I don't think I owe any other rolos at the moment...but if I do, let me know.

JoyFlower
04-02-2008, 10:06 AM
Hi, everyone - I am slowly getting caught up - I owe rolos to:
*Lisa B
*Grrrdjules
*Gezza
*Tanya
I think that's it....if I am missing anyone PLEASE let me know. Seems my brain is barely functioning these days!

Tanya - those are great rolos!

Amy - I would love to meet up! There are lots of traders in WA, but they are mostly on the west side...depending on where you land, there will be lots of opportunities for live trades and visits. HHC is part of an ongoing live trade group - I may have to crash the party now that the weather is improving!

coffeelatte
04-02-2008, 11:03 AM
Amyfaerie! Are you maybe coming here to Eugene? I think we talked about that via email before...

amyfaerie
04-02-2008, 01:26 PM
hee hee! i'm not sure yet. my mama-in-law is in eugene, and it's where i'd like to be (not because of her, really . . . lol! i just love it there.)

however, i have resumes out at several schools looking for new english instructors . . . in portland, roseburg, coos bay & bend in OR, and at spokane, bellevue and aberdeen in WA. i've heard from the school in aberdeen, WA . . . and i've made it to their second round of the application process. However, who knows when the schools will make their decisions--probably not until summer.

AND--if I don't land a job, we'll move anyway. :cute:

i'm a little afraid, but we need the change. lol!

Tanya
04-02-2008, 03:12 PM
Change can be really good, yep scary at times and a 'little' stressful. Crossing all fingers, knees and toes that you get what you want Amy. Tx ;)

Linda4atc
04-02-2008, 03:29 PM
Good luck amyfaerie I'm in Coastal Northern CA so after you relocate if you take a trip south look me up too.

Wanda you are so lucky, everytime you mention the sleepover I wish I was going to. I have done many quilting and scrapbooking weekends. They are soo fun! I even had a chance to do a quilting cruise with 26 other ladies (and a couple husbands) once, it was awsome!!!

rocnic23
04-02-2008, 03:29 PM
life has a fantastic way of getting us exactly where we need to be. set your intent on what you want and you'll be surprised what you get!

shoreart
04-02-2008, 04:02 PM
Hello everyone..really neat rolos! Hopefully we will have a few new ones to trade after the sleepover. Have fun.
shoreart

JoyFlower
04-02-2008, 09:11 PM
life has a fantastic way of getting us exactly where we need to be. set your intent on what you want and you'll be surprised what you get!

What an uplifting thought, roc!

Hope the rolo sleepover crew has a super duper fun time!!!!!

Andreananda
04-03-2008, 12:47 AM
oh that cat rolo is so awesome!

I love the cat too!!

Roc,
Your beautiful rolo arrived today! Thank you soooooo much! I love it!:D

rocnic23
04-03-2008, 08:03 AM
well i'm off to the rolo get together. i won't be back for a few days so i am not sure about computer time. hopefully i'll have some things to trade when i get back! see ya later alligator!

Gezza
04-03-2008, 08:22 AM
Have a great time everyone at you:spinny:r rolo get together

arteeztmom
04-03-2008, 08:33 AM
I got a sweet Koala Rolo from Blubelle235!! Love it!
Trying not to be too envious of the gals having a sleepover...I'm sure you'll all have a blast!!
Tanya...LOVE those new rolos! Both are so fun and colorful!!
amyfaerie...Good luck with the move and job search!! Change is a little scary but exciting too!!

Andreananda
04-03-2008, 09:31 AM
Just want to let all the people on my rolo list know that I am moving into my new office this weekend and won't have as much art making time for the next few days. I have several rolos started and just need a few finishing touched before they go out in the mail.

Artpup
04-03-2008, 11:50 AM
amyfaerie sounds like your going to be our neighbor.... I'm in Longview Wa which is in the middle of your choices... Welcome to the west coast

KarenM
04-03-2008, 02:03 PM
KatieV. Thanks so much for the great Rolo!!! I really love it, it's so you !
Off to give IT. !!!

Paperfairys
04-03-2008, 04:05 PM
Hi can i ask ... do the rolo cards need to have the cut out bits at the bottom ? if so how far apart should they be as ive seen them with the cut out tabs close together and far apart.

elaine x

I am going to order some in the next day or so when i find the right one as i cant seem to get hold of the one i posted the pic of as its from a dec 06 gift list :(

But as id like to make some sooner rather than later id be greatful.

If their is a template anywhere to exact size i can print out and cut maybe ?

elaine x

grrrdjules
04-03-2008, 04:09 PM
Paperfairys I'll make you a quick template and email it to you and you can just print it out and use that. PM me your email if you like.

Paperfairys
04-03-2008, 04:11 PM
:wubclub: you little star :)

shoreart
04-03-2008, 07:08 PM
Great guys. Keep on without me...although I promise you some pictures by the end of the weekend.

artrageous
04-03-2008, 07:18 PM
ok.... apparently I have lost control of myself with this rolo trade thing, lol (someone pointed out to me that i sent them two rolos, lol) :twitcy: so please let me know if i am supposed to be tradin with you and you HAVENT recieved a rolo from me yet.
thanks,
~ tracy

grrrdjules
04-03-2008, 11:03 PM
hey art4mysanity, here's your rolo! Hope you like it.
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/file.php?n=7478&w=o
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/file.php?n=7480&w=o

And hey, when is the party, remaining rolo folks who couldn't afford to swan off to a sleepover??? :P :idea: While the cats away, the mice will play...

jetleg
04-03-2008, 11:51 PM
I am curious...what is the rolo sleepover?

art4mysanity
04-04-2008, 12:11 AM
Juli, I love it! I'm so excited I'll have your art in my collection. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!:notworthy:

Chardonnay1965
04-04-2008, 04:00 AM
Hi all I am currently computerless as my comp is at the comp dr....boy do i miss comming here every day..any way i have received this week wonderful rolo's from Smokeysmom and Joyflower..thanks bunches ladies..:D
Roc..I think your rolo will be next..I have been dreaming about a rolo with coffe and cakes mm,,,,so I think i will be making it over the weekend....oh and I love our new home..:D

LuvLoz
04-04-2008, 06:04 AM
Tanya - I just love the cat rolo!

Amy- good luck with the move. I know it can be scary, but moving states was one of the best things my partner and I have done. I hope it works out for you.

I managed to whip up two rolos after slacking off for all of last month. :nah:
Wanda:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/file.php?n=7507&w=s (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/file.php?n=7507&w=s)

Char:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/file.php?n=7510&w=s (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/file.php?n=7510&w=s)

I hope you ladies like them. Left on my list are ArteDar and Linda4ATC.

Tanya
04-04-2008, 06:07 AM
Jules That rolo is FABULOUS!!!

Jetleg Sugar The Sleepover is being held at Miss Shore's place, think lots of yummy food, a few bottles of plonk, tons of girlie laughter and a generous dash of artfulness. It sounds so good dosen't it??

:P Me so jealous ladies :P

Tanya
04-04-2008, 06:08 AM
Luvloz those are great! LOVE those gorgeous blooms!!

coffeelatte
04-04-2008, 09:25 AM
Luvloz - Your florals are awesome...

Artpup - You live in Longview! My cousins used to live there...you aren't my cousin, are you?

Lily Lemon
04-04-2008, 12:42 PM
I've never done a Rolo card but I'd love to trade with someone else who never has done one before (or who wouldn't mind taking the risk of swapping with beginner Rolo maker. I *have* done many ATCs and chunkies, though).

I'd like cicular, I think, and I'd love anyone I'm trading with to follow the theme of creating a card that reflects you or your user name!

Linda4atc
04-04-2008, 03:22 PM
Welcome Lily, my list is a bit backed up at the momment but I'd be glad to trade with you later on.

Lily Lemon
04-04-2008, 03:34 PM
Thanks! Let me know!:)

Gezza
04-04-2008, 05:16 PM
I have just posted 2 rolos in my gallery "You Are" and "In my Garden" they are both available. I have no-one on my list at the minute so if anybody wants them please pm me.:cool: Luvloz and Jules great rolos!!!!

grrrdjules
04-04-2008, 05:47 PM
They are gorgeous but I have sooooo much on the go at the moment that I couldn't make you anything for months so I'll let the new guys snap them up!

JoyFlower
04-04-2008, 09:18 PM
My beautiful rolo from Gezza arrived today!!!! Thanks you, Geraldine - I am loving it!

Sly girl, the way she hides her addy on cards...this one was tucked under the central image "matchbook style"...such fun!

lori.rn
04-04-2008, 09:40 PM
Gezza are you near Port Stewart? My very dear friend Helena lives there.

Tanya..........your cat is adorable.

Gezza
04-05-2008, 05:48 AM
Gezza are you near Port Stewart? My very dear friend Helena lives there.

Tanya..........your cat is adorable.

Portstewart would be a couple of hours drive from me, it is a beautiful part of the world. If you ever come to visit let me know!!!

Tanya
04-05-2008, 06:48 AM
I love Portstewart! We used to go visit a gorgeous stately home up there didn't we G? Yea Lori, If you come over let us know. We'd love to see you! ;)

PaperScraps
04-05-2008, 09:05 AM
This one is for Andreananda. :)

arteeztmom
04-05-2008, 10:00 AM
Well, I'm recovering from finishing my 3 rolos for smokeysmom**pant pant** She is so generous, keeping me busy!:) Now I'm on a no list, post as I make 'em basis. I have a hard time getting anything done these days!!
Great rolos everyone!!

grrrdjules
04-05-2008, 10:17 AM
They're lovely. I think you made a mistake though, surely the "sultry" one is meant for me! :swoon::goofy:

arteeztmom
04-05-2008, 01:13 PM
They're lovely. I think you made a mistake though, surely the "sultry" one is meant for me! :swoon::goofy:

Are you sure you're not more the "Saucy and Sassy" type?? ;)

grrrdjules
04-05-2008, 02:21 PM
I think I'm the sloppy type!

Gezza
04-05-2008, 02:52 PM
Well I'll keep my mouth shut and say nothing Jules:biglaugh:

great Rolos Arteeztmom!!!

Tanya
04-05-2008, 05:55 PM
Are you sure you're not more the "Saucy and Sassy" type?? ;)

Well I heard she's a bit s&m..........

:twitcy::twitcy::twitcy:

shoreart
04-05-2008, 09:55 PM
Well ladies, as usual, the rolos are great. We made group rolos today at the sleepover. We started one for ourselves, and then passed it around as a jam. So each rolo had a little of everyone! Otherwise we are just arting and shopping for art supplies. More tomorrow! Keep creating!
Be Well,
Shelly

Linda4atc
04-05-2008, 10:27 PM
Too Fun! Sandymutt just got me involved in two Round Robin ATC's. You haveta post those Rolos for us to enjoy!

grrrdjules
04-05-2008, 10:58 PM
Now, now, Mom and tot - gezza and tanya - let's leave my private life out of it! I do have a funky case that's black leather with metal clasps in which I confine - I mean display - my rolos!

Chardonnay1965
04-05-2008, 11:21 PM
I love my rolo..tytyty..:D

Tanya - I just love the cat rolo!

Amy- good luck with the move. I know it can be scary, but moving states was one of the best things my partner and I have done. I hope it works out for you.

I managed to whip up two rolos after slacking off for all of last month. :nah:
Wanda:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/file.php?n=7507&w=s (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/file.php?n=7507&w=s)

Char:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/file.php?n=7510&w=s (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/file.php?n=7510&w=s)

I hope you ladies like them. Left on my list are ArteDar and Linda4ATC.

Chardonnay1965
04-05-2008, 11:23 PM
I am working on a rolo for roc..and I am stiching a yummy choc cake to put on it..:D

Chardonnay1965
04-05-2008, 11:27 PM
Linda4ATC..your gorgeous rolo came on Friday..I love it..:D:D

Linda4atc
04-05-2008, 11:57 PM
Cool glad it got there Chardonnay. Hey J4 hun did your piggys fly home yet?

Gezza
04-06-2008, 02:46 PM
Here are two Rolos which are available, If anyone feels like swapping please pm me

rocnic23
04-06-2008, 05:00 PM
looks like i'm the first one back home from the sleep over. hello everyone. wonderful rolos i am seeing. hope every one was well while i was gone. i had a great time.

jetleg
04-06-2008, 05:05 PM
Lily Lemon...I am also a rolo newbie and am going to be doing my first one...this week. I would love to trade with you. I will pm you.

Jeanette:D

KarenM
04-06-2008, 05:15 PM
Here is Moggy's rolo, front and back. I hope you like it!

Gezza
04-06-2008, 05:21 PM
Karen M your rolo is lovely and Jetleg welcome to the rolo gang and You're the hero is all yours.

smokeysmom
04-06-2008, 07:11 PM
Rolos made for rocnic23:

Lily Lemon
04-06-2008, 07:22 PM
Silly beginner question: do both the flat and circular files have the same hole configuration?

Linda4atc
04-06-2008, 09:35 PM
yes it's just that on the circular one you see the backs upside down as you flip through it.

artrageous
04-06-2008, 10:00 PM
Theres a couple of my rolors,... mary poppins has been traded, but the others are available to anyone interested in trading

Artpup
04-06-2008, 10:37 PM
Hi everyone:wideeyed:Just got back, spring break here... kids go back tomorrow:jiggy:
I have to get Andreananda and coffeelatte finshed right away am I missing anyone????????
That age thing again :)

jetleg
04-07-2008, 12:04 AM
Totolyozsome, i would love to trade with you. I am making my first set of rolos tomorrow and this week, if you would like to trade.

Lily Lemon
04-07-2008, 10:42 AM
Is the list at the beginning of this thread getting updated? I don't see my name on the list but I posted on Friday. Anyone know?

grrrdjules
04-07-2008, 11:00 AM
Hi Lily:

Shoreart is doing the sleepover so it may take a day or so for it to be updated, no worries. :wub:

coffeelatte
04-07-2008, 11:50 AM
Gezza - I just PM'd you re: the proposed trade...that one with the girl and the dog is very cute!

Lily Lemon
04-07-2008, 12:17 PM
Sleepover!? How fun!!

rocnic23
04-07-2008, 01:25 PM
great rolos smokeysmom! thanks SO much. yours are on my to do list!

ratmom
04-07-2008, 02:51 PM
I have a couple rolos here I'm sending out to susietex and shoreart, thanks for your patience girls! I hope this is correct, I still had you on my list as incomplete:unsure:

KarenM
04-07-2008, 02:56 PM
Moggy and artsygemini, your rolos were mailed this morning :)

arteeztmom
04-07-2008, 03:24 PM
Love all the rolos today!!! I am taking a teeny break from rolos...trying to do some ATCs and chunky pages.
Gezza...I love those rolos, yours are always so "sweet!"
Smokeysmom...Love that Land of Odd rolo!! Wow, so cool!! Yours from me are in the mail. Hope they make it to you safely!
Karenm and Toto...Love those kitties!
Ratmom...Nice rolos, I like that sea star, too bad I couldn't be around them instead of here for spring break.:(
Did I miss anyone? Oh ROC, Missed you!! I hope you had a swell time with the artsy fartsy gals!!:p Maybe I can join you one of these blue moons!:skeptical:

jetleg
04-07-2008, 04:39 PM
Shoreart...could you update me and some themes? I was thinking, birds, hearts and artist choice. thank you!!!

amyfaerie
04-07-2008, 05:15 PM
hey everyone! i had a really good time meeting everyone at the sleepover, too. I am so sick of sitting in my car!

Everyone's rolos are looking amazing! I need something . . . . does anyone want to trade with me, or trade alphabet rolos? :D

Let me know~I'm unpacking my art supplies tomorrow and getting bizzy!

grrrdjules
04-07-2008, 06:22 PM
I'd like anything from you! :v_spin: I can start alphas any old time. Do you have pics from the par-tay?

amyfaerie
04-07-2008, 06:53 PM
awesome, mizz jules! do you have a letter you'd like to have me do for ya? i could use a K, if you're up for that . . . cool?

i do have a few pix . . . some others, esp. bluellen, have WAY better ones! i'll put them up right now!

:D

Amerasu
04-07-2008, 07:39 PM
I have a question. I use an index card box for my ATC addresses. The index cards are 3 x 5 but don't have holes in them to fit on a rolodex. Are those still considered rolos or do they have to have the cutouts on the bottom?

And I'm not clear on the difference between C and F in your first post.

If I use these 3 x 5 index cards, what do I call them? F?

amyfaerie
04-07-2008, 08:57 PM
hi! amerasu, your index cards ARE the same as rolos. if you were to trade, you could just specify you want yours without holes. we all usually make them a little thicker than just one index card . . . like two or three together, so that they're like a heavy card stock.

for a box, you'd want F [as in flat tray] cards, because cards for the circular [C] holders have a back side that is upside down. the F cards have a front and back that both point in the same direction.

i hope that helps a bit!

wme133
04-07-2008, 09:04 PM
Just back from the Roll Over...lol
I'll try to post some pics for everyone tomorrow.
Lovluz....I saw the rolo....very cool. I'll get one started for you this week.
TotallyOzSome....I'll get right to work on yours too! Haven't forgotten :)
Lily lemon....Shoreart will get around to posting for you soon. She's been hosting the sleepover and will also be going on another vacation as soon as the last of us are sent home. If you get lost in the thread you can always PM her later. If you have any questions in the meantime...many of us are around to help you!

Amerasu
04-07-2008, 10:06 PM
Perfect! Thank you amyfaerie. This sounds like fun. I'll have to start making some rolos when I have a bit of spare time. Much better than my boring index cards with sloppily written blue pen :)

Bluebelle235
04-07-2008, 10:54 PM
I seem to have had a humongous brain f@rt and now don't know if I'm coming or going :nah: According to my (poorly kept) records,

I have sent Rolos to:
Wanda
Amyfaerie
Paperscraps
Pippin
Artedar
Art4mysanity
Artpup
Adifferent story
Arteeztmom
Shoreart (+ chunky page)
Totolyozsome
Smokeysmom
LisaB
Gezza
KatieV
KarenM

I owe Rolos to:
Linda4atcs.(+ inchies)
Lily Lemon

If I have missed anyone that I promised to trade with, please let me know. :goofy:

Linda4atc
04-08-2008, 12:30 AM
I got some of the 9 inchies made for our swap and I hope to have a few rolos done with in the next couple days.

LuvLoz
04-08-2008, 01:23 AM
I'm seeing some fantastic rolos recently. KarenM, smokeysmom,TotolyOz and ratmom- they all look fantastic!

Bluebelle235
04-08-2008, 02:25 AM
I received two FAB rolos today !!! :jiggy:

Arteeztmom and smokeysmom

** thank you **

artsygemini
04-08-2008, 02:47 AM
here are two rolos that are available if someone wants to trade.
'No Color' 1 3611 3612

'No Color' 2 3613 3614

Bluebelle235
04-08-2008, 02:51 AM
here are two rolos that are available if someone wants to trade.
'No Color' 1 3611 3612

'No Color' 2 3613 3614

Ooooh, yes please !!! I would love either one, they are both great !!!

artsygemini
04-08-2008, 02:51 AM
here is the rolo I made for geeza.:jiggy: 'Black Bird and Owl'

artsygemini
04-08-2008, 02:53 AM
I would love to trade with you blue.............funny thing though, when you first put up your reply........I was thinking.........man what are the odds of someone naming their cards the same as me! it must be time for bed.:wacko::biglaugh:

Bluebelle235
04-08-2008, 02:57 AM
I would love to trade with you blue.............funny thing though, when you first put up your reply........I was thinking.........man what are the odds of someone naming their cards the same as me! it must be time for bed.:wacko::biglaugh:

Hmmmm......I have those kind of moments quite frequently :twitcy:

Tanya
04-08-2008, 06:19 AM
Sandy - those rolos are amazing - love 'em all!!!

For those of you waiting for rolos from me - I'm on it! I have a some half made, just need to dedicate some time to polishing them up for trade.

Amy - Saw the pics, the 'roll over' looked like fun, Me & Gezza will have to go next time round! ;)

Pippin
04-08-2008, 07:50 AM
OOooo our new home!! Let me et organised from my trip and I will post a rolo!!

rocnic23
04-08-2008, 08:34 AM
awesome rolos!!

purplecat
04-08-2008, 08:34 AM
The postman brought me a lovely rolo from OY- thanks Sarah!

Those on my list; Andreananda, Linda4atc, Pippin, Smokeysmom, Paperfairys, Tanya, Lily Lemon.
I haven't forgot you!! I will try and get some rolos done this week.

rocnic23
04-08-2008, 10:41 AM
smokeysmom...i've uploaded your 2 rolos to the gallery...one zetti and one name/address. i'll be mailing the out to you today.
also..linda4atc....your rolo is being mailed today.
and coffelatte...your rolo is going out as well.

Linda4atc
04-08-2008, 10:49 AM
Awsome thanks Roc I'll keep a look out for it. I'm trying to get some Rolos done along with somy chunky pages. hope to have them done by Wednesday.

KarenM
04-08-2008, 11:57 AM
OY, thanks for the lovley rolo. It came in the morning mail :) Even better looking in person!!!

ArteDar
04-08-2008, 12:04 PM
I'm here....and happy to say very worn out after the rolo sleepover! I did actually get one rolo made for swapping and will post some time soon.
I've read thru all the posts and saw the fantastic rolos made and think they are magnificent! I'll try to get back in the saddle and make more (love making these!).....but will need time to unpack and organize.

Hugs, Dar

LisaB
04-08-2008, 12:08 PM
I received a fabulous koala bear rolo from Bluebelle235, I am so excited!
Thank you, honey!
Off to leave iTrader...

Artpup
04-08-2008, 01:18 PM
I have two rolos ready.... I'm obliged to Andreananda and Coffeelatte if you like one give me a yell.... I am in the mood so I have a couple more I have started too... I'll try to post them later
Thanks

ps I'm ready to do more....does anyone want to trade????

grrrdjules
04-08-2008, 01:35 PM
Artpup these are great. All I got in the mail today were bank statements. :arghh::arghh::arghh::sad:

amyfaerie
04-08-2008, 01:39 PM
oooh, sandy! fantastic rolos!

amyfaerie
04-08-2008, 01:41 PM
and roc--yours are gorgeous! I LOVE how the "hand" rolo came out!

Gezza
04-08-2008, 02:03 PM
I got a great Rolo in the post today from Andreandra, I am delighted with it:wubclub:

Artpup those rolos are lovely.

Tanya
04-08-2008, 03:23 PM
It seems that OY is spreading rolo love around the universe - I got mine too! It is fabalicious!

Artedar, my sugar sweet, I love my Woody rolo! Thanx a gazillion! Tx ;)

rocnic23
04-08-2008, 04:02 PM
totolyozsome - i've posted your rolo in the gallery. could you please pm me your address and i will mail it out to you!

Artpup
04-08-2008, 07:17 PM
THANK YOU ALL :cute::cute:
I'm glad you like them

susietex
04-08-2008, 09:43 PM
Hi Guys. What great rolos! Moggy, Shelly and I toured New York City in a day...including shopping in the fabric district with beads, ribbons, sequins, and anything else in the triming category that could fit on rolos. One of these days we will find time to post our new rolos!

jetleg
04-08-2008, 10:53 PM
Here are my first attempts at rolos.

I hope you like them.

Bluebelle235
04-08-2008, 11:05 PM
Jetleg - your rolos are wonderful.

Gezza - your lovely oriental rolo arrived today - **thank you**, love it !!

jetleg
04-08-2008, 11:07 PM
Thank you Bluebelee235, they are my first attempts, I am learning as i go...

Bluebelle235
04-08-2008, 11:10 PM
Thank you Bluebelee235, they are my first attempts, I am learning as i go...

If 'confidence' is available, I would love to trade for it.

jetleg
04-09-2008, 01:34 AM
Bluebelle...confidence is yours....I would love to trade with you. You know it is a good thing I collage better than I type lately. I guess I need to proofread before I post, oops:spinny: I will pm you about our trade...

Bluebelle235
04-09-2008, 02:39 AM
Bluebelle...confidence is yours....I would love to trade with you. You know it is a good thing I collage better than I type lately. I guess I need to proofread before I post, oops:spinny: I will pm you about our trade...

*thanks* - now I'll have some confidence ;)
I know what you mean about having to proof read, my fingers don't seem to be connected to my brain these days :twitcy:

Chardonnay1965
04-09-2008, 05:56 AM
I got 2 fabulous rolo's..:D 1 form Lanipearl and one from Luvloz..:D:D I just love them..thanks bunches..:D

rocnic23
04-09-2008, 08:18 AM
hey char! see you got your computer troubles sorted! welcome back!
jetleg your rolos are great! i love believe in yourself.

Gezza
04-09-2008, 10:09 AM
Great Rolos Jetlag:wubclub:

Here is a alpha rolo I have done for Artsygemini or Sandrabroschat

Gezza
04-09-2008, 10:12 AM
This one is called "All About Me" and it is for Coffeelatte, I hope you like it!!

coffeelatte
04-09-2008, 10:22 AM
Artpup - I would be thrilled to have the one with the woman if it's still available!

coffeelatte
04-09-2008, 10:22 AM
Gezza - Love it! I **REALLY** like it!

purplecat
04-09-2008, 10:29 AM
I finally got some rolos done!
Here are Peacock for smokeysmom, and Fairy for Linda4atc

3668 3669

3670 3671

purplecat
04-09-2008, 10:31 AM
Her are Dream for Paperfairys, and Smile for Lily Lemon

3673 3674

3675 3676

Artpup
04-09-2008, 11:38 AM
Artpup - I would be thrilled to have the one with the woman if it's still available!
I am so happy you like her She is all yours...
Great rolos everyone:yes:
Renne

jetleg
04-09-2008, 12:44 PM
Shoreart, can you add Lilylemon to the list of rolo participants with themes, depict your user name, anything on her profile or artist's choice.
Also, I forgot to mention themes when I signed up, hearts, flowers, whatever depicts the other artist, artist choice.

thanks....I think we kind of got missed during the sleepover...maybe next year we can join that...Thank you so much

Linda4atc
04-09-2008, 01:17 PM
Purplecat Love the rolos! My adorable little fairy grabbed my attention before I even got to your post. I'm working on a couple of Rolos and have my chunkypages almost done. I decided to host a Red Hat Ladies Chunky swap, and I need make a couple samples but my main focus will be to get Rolos made for all th patient people on my list. hugs

Linda4atc
04-09-2008, 01:20 PM
Completely off subject, and to show my klutzy self .... I was just changeing the battery in my smoke detector. I got out a step stool, climbed up and hit my head hard on the top of the doorjam. Ouch, I still feel it throbbing.

Chardonnay1965
04-09-2008, 04:19 PM
hey char! see you got your computer troubles sorted! welcome back!
jetleg your rolos are great! i love believe in yourself.

yep..I'm backk...:D...been working on your rolo too..:D

jetleg
04-09-2008, 04:46 PM
Purplecat and Gezza, wonderful rolos...you guys are all so inspiring...

jetleg
04-09-2008, 04:47 PM
Gezza, i am working on your rolo, as we speak...

shoreart
04-09-2008, 05:33 PM
jetleg, you are updated! I signed up Lilylemon, but you didn't say whether she was flat or circular. Let me know so I can fix her entry. Thanks.

Gezza
04-09-2008, 06:20 PM
Lovely Rolos Purplecat, you have been busy!!!!!

Lilylemon has a Circular Holder, I pm her yesterday to ask her!!

arteeztmom
04-09-2008, 09:50 PM
Gezza and Purplecat, cool rolos!! Where do you ladies find the time to create all that wonderful art!!??? Such nice stuff!;)
I got a killer rolo from Original Youth today. She sure got in the rolo groove quickly! Thanks Sarah, love it!:)
Linda4atc...Hope your head bonk didn't leave a mark, that sounds like something I would do...but then I would fall off the ladder and stub my toe getting up.:huh:Ouch!

jetleg
04-09-2008, 09:54 PM
Thank you Shoreart...for the update...i will have to ask her. I forgot to put Birds it would be probably my favorite theme, that is my new favorite thing...can you list that first. I am sorry for the double work. I have a new bird rolo I am going to be posting it tomorrow.

Lily Lemon
04-09-2008, 10:51 PM
Yes, circular (see post #58) Themes -- reflect your user name (like, my card might have lilies and/or lemons), themes from my profile, or artist's choice.

Thanks! :)

jetleg
04-09-2008, 10:55 PM
You beat me to it....good job.

inkadinkado
04-10-2008, 12:09 AM
ok, i think i've finally decided to take the plunge and join the famous rolo group! i have a million things to do, but instead, tonight i decided to just sit down and try a rolo. lol. it didn't turn out at all the way i planned for it to, however i'm still pretty pleased with it. i feel like i should add embellishments (eyelets, ribbon, chipboard, etc.), because right now it has none. what do you all think? are embellishments popular/standard for rolos or not really? i've been wanting to make an RAK for an atc friend of mine, and thought this would be the perfect way, so i can't post it until she receives it, but then i will post and i'll want your feedback for future reference! i think i messed up a little bit (put my info on what i consider the back) but hopefully she won't mind.

i don't own a rolo yet, but when i do finally get one, i'm hoping it will be a flat. themes i enjoy: flowers (esp. lillies, sunflowers, gerber daisies, poppies), collage/mixed media, vintage, frogs, fruits (citrus fruits, cherries, berries, pears), polka dots, paisley, stars, watercolor, mermaids/ocean life, babies and/or animals with wings and/or crowns . . . favorite colors: any shade of blue, especially baby blue! coral/melon, black/white combos, brown/blue or brown/pink, that is probably way more than you ever wanted to know. you definitely don't have to list all that, i just wanted to give a lot of options!

thanks for adding me and i look forward to trading with you all soon! PS: sorry i'm so chatty!

:chatterbox:

rocnic23
04-10-2008, 07:26 AM
welcome inkadinkado. you can make the rolos anyway you want to really...and there is a learning curve that every one goes through. it's all part of the process. shoreart did make a thread on "how to". i think she references on page one of this thread. on circular rolos the address can easily go on the back as the card flips upside down when you turn it. on flat tray rolos you can still put the addie on the back however this requires the person to turn it around to see it then. but i have a done a couple like that. there really are no right and wrongs when it comes to things like that.

Bluebelle235
04-10-2008, 07:37 AM
Oh, goody - another playmate !!!!! Welcome to the fun, Inkadinkado :v_spin:

Tanya
04-10-2008, 08:29 AM
Wooo inkadinkado! ;)

susietex
04-10-2008, 09:27 AM
Hi guys, back and ready to rolo&roll.
I'm now the proud owner of a real life American CIRCULAR Rolodex, thanks Shelly for taking us shoping.xxxx

rocnic23
04-10-2008, 09:39 AM
jetleg...i've uploaded your rolo in the gallery.

rocnic23
04-10-2008, 09:39 AM
hey susietex! hope your flight was good.

Pippin
04-10-2008, 09:42 AM
Hi guys, back and ready to rolo&roll.
I'm now the proud owner of a real life American CIRCULAR Rolodex, thanks Shelly for taking us shoping.xxxx

Hey Susie, did you have to pay excess baggage when you came home!!!! I can only imagine. If you ever want to come to Canada and shop at the Creative Festival let me know!!! We have a spare room!!

http://www.creativfestival.ca/

wme133
04-10-2008, 10:02 AM
Susie...great to see you. Hope you and Moggy had a nice flight.
Soooo.....how many boxes are you guys waiting to have shipped to you.....or how many extra suitcases did you end up buying??LOL

susietex
04-10-2008, 10:21 AM
Pippin, let me unpack first, then give me the details LOL!!!!

Wanda, NO excess charge, they let us check in two bags plus hand luggage (the flight wasn't full) so it was meant to be, every thing came home with us!!!!
Shelly lent me an extra bag though!!!!

wme133
04-10-2008, 10:27 AM
How wonderful. Means you don't have to wait for anything to arrive before you can play!!! Do remember to get a little 8hr nap in there somewhere. Wouldn't want you to over extend yourself ;)

susietex
04-10-2008, 10:39 AM
Well only Moggy and Shelly knew this, but the first morning at the shore house I fell down the stairs! My ass has been so black and blue, now turning purple and green!
I've been living on painkillers all week, and it's been real tough going, the flight has just about finished me off, I have bumps, and scrapes on my back and shoulders, I finally let go in the car on the way home and had a little cry, I will rest a little now, but I have our two week holiday in 9 days and a 11 hour flight ahead, this time the time difference in 5 hours forward instead of 5 hours back. I need to get my brain into gear. Without all you guys being such wonderful fun, I'd have been a wreck, thankyou all so very much.:wub:

wme133
04-10-2008, 11:00 AM
Oh you poor thing. I'm sooo sorry to hear that you have been living with that. Geesh! I can certainly relate. Roc knows all about my having fallen from a stupid bus on one of my trips just about a month ago. Yep...big bruised butt!!
I feel sooo sorry for you now having to go off on another trip while needing time to recover. I do hope you ask for the very gentle massage this time ;)
There is part of me that wishes you'd shared your mishap with us....but then there is part that knows you may have been sorry for that...lol
Well now....get off that computer chair and go lie down. Give that buttocks a chance to rest.

rocnic23
04-10-2008, 11:29 AM
is someone bringing up the tropical holiday again????

ArteDar
04-10-2008, 12:20 PM
Awwwww po’ babydoll SusieT…..ya know I saw the pain on your face the night we came home from the long boardwalk stroll as you were making your way up to bed…I was feeling bad for you then and now….TG you didn’t brake anything!!! Take a rest ….and then make some more of you fabulous art….hope you get better fast.
XOXOLUV, Dar

rolo pix at flicker and my blogspot for SusieT and AmyFairie
I have one for Moggy all most done and will post it later today.

jetleg
04-10-2008, 01:09 PM
ronic23 thank you for uploading the rolos to the gallery...i appreciate it.

Gezza
04-10-2008, 04:58 PM
Here is my Rolo for Lily Lemon, dont you just love that name!!!!!!

LuvLoz
04-10-2008, 06:28 PM
Purplecat - I really like all your rolos, great colours.

Gezza - all your collages look lovely.

Pippin
04-10-2008, 08:01 PM
My most awesome Rolo arrived today from ArteDar! It is quite spectacular! I love it. Thank you so much!

grrrdjules
04-10-2008, 09:09 PM
Rolo for totallyozsome...

What the monkeys did when the camera stopped!
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/file.php?n=8619&w=o
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/file.php?n=8618&w=o

ArteDar
04-10-2008, 09:13 PM
Here is my Rolo for Lily Lemon, dont you just love that name!!!!!!

Yep....I like it 'cause it just sweet. I also LOVE your rolo....she is one very lucky lil' lady let me tell you! the little girl and big protevtive dog......wonderful color and collage.

ArteDar
04-10-2008, 09:17 PM
OMG Jules.....is this monkeys with wings in the dasies just too dang cute and fun!!!
TOZ is gonna die.....man~o~man is she lucky! it's awesome!!!
XOXOX,Dar

Lily Lemon
04-10-2008, 09:32 PM
Awww..cute, Gezza! Yours is almost finished!:)

arteeztmom
04-10-2008, 10:28 PM
I'm trying to be happy that you all had such a good time, without the rest of us...:skeptical: I'm just slightly green. Sorry about your spill SusieT! That wasn't alcohol induced, was it???:err: Hope you're healing. I found out where "slippers" got their name one morning as I hurried down our stairs in my leopard slippers. In a flash I was at the bottom, one slipper lodged in a bookcase, a picture on the wall broken from flailing arm! OUCH!!!! My tailbone took forever to heal. I hope your posterior is no longer bicolored!!:wideeyed: Treat it with plenty of TLC.
grrrdjules...I LOVE those monkeys!! Although the real ones in WofOZ freaked me out as a kid, big time nightmare material!!!
Welcome inkadinkado! Enjoy this little hen house!! Everyone here is full of love to shower you with.

ArteDar
04-10-2008, 11:32 PM
I'm trying to be happy that you all had such a good time, without the rest of us...:skeptical: I'm just slightly green.
There just HAS to be more meets in the future for all of us......one day.....one day......you are at the top of my list darlin' as a want to meet artist.....for sure! Sorry about your spill SusieT! That wasn't alcohol induced, was it???:err: Hope you're healing. I found out where "slippers" got their name one morning as I hurried down our stairs in my leopard slippers. In a flash I was at the bottom, one slipper lodged in a bookcase, a picture on the wall broken from flailing arm! OUCH!!!! My tailbone took forever to heal. I hope your posterior is no longer bicolored!!:wideeyed: Treat it with plenty of TLC.
I had my fall too.....just a slipzzzzy.....hard to sit long for a very long time before healing too.
grrrdjules...I LOVE those monkeys!! Although the real ones in WofOZ freaked me out as a kid, big time nightmare material!!!
Welcome inkadinkado! Enjoy this little hen house!! Everyone here is full of love to shower you with.

Add me to your list inkadinkado and send a PM when ready....:jiggy:

wme133
04-10-2008, 11:44 PM
Jules...those monkeys are to die for!!!! LOVE them :)

jetleg
04-10-2008, 11:56 PM
Here is my rolo for Gezza...thank you for being patient. The layers and drying took a while. I hope you like it. I will mail it out tomorrow. thanks again for the trade.

jetleg
04-10-2008, 11:58 PM
Here are the backs for the 1st 4 rolos I did earlier this week. I will let you figure out which is which.

jetleg
04-11-2008, 12:08 AM
Grrrrdjules and Gezza, what wonderful rolos. Everyone here continues to inspire me, daily. Thank you.

susietex
04-11-2008, 03:46 AM
Wow what totally awesome rolos everyone, gotta love those monkeys.

Arteezmom. I can asure you that no alcohol was involved in the incident, It was first thing in the morning, after an early night, jet lag, not drink lagged!!!!!!

susietex
04-11-2008, 03:48 AM
is someone bringing up the tropical holiday again????

And to think you were my favourite!!!!!!! well for 5 minutes. LOL!!

Gezza
04-11-2008, 04:29 AM
Jetleg, my rolo is fab, I love all the texture:wubclub:

Jules, those monkeys are brilliant, a lot nicer than the original ones!!!!

I'm glad you all had a good time away, but you maybe should have taken a male nurse with yo just to make sure your bruises were properly looked after!!!!!!!

grrrdjules
04-11-2008, 08:08 AM
jetleg those are freaking gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!

rocnic23
04-11-2008, 08:32 AM
the rolos are awesome!

and susietex...i was never really your favorite...you were just using me to get a massage!

Tanya
04-11-2008, 10:33 AM
Grrrdjules that is the freakiest rolo I've seen to date... Congratulations!!

JetLeg Those are awesome firsts!!!

Gezza I love Lilylemons name too!

Roc I've got some cool things in my pocket too ;)

SusietexTake care of that bum! I was playing trampoline with my nephews on holiday last year and fell smack bang on the metal bit on the edge.... then I had to go cycling and camping {God Forbid} for a full week after that!
Take it easy I have felt your pain!!!

Lily Lemon
04-11-2008, 10:40 AM
My name comes from the role I played in the fourth grade nutrition play!:cute:

My rolos for Jetleg and Bluebelle are ready to be sent, Gezza's is almost done, I have the concept for Purplecat's and will work on it today or tomorrow, and I'm percolating ideas for smokeysmom's.

susietex
04-11-2008, 11:36 AM
the rolos are awesome!

and susietex...i was never really your favorite...you were just using me to get a massage!

Before anyone asks, she massaged my shoulders, not my bum!!

PS Roc sweetie, I can honestly say that my ass is much more colourful than yours.!! ROLF!!!!!

ArteDar
04-11-2008, 01:06 PM
I'm on a rolo roll and need some peeps to swap with....I'll be sending PM's.....look out!
jetleg.....AWESOME rolos....we all love 'em!

jetleg
04-11-2008, 01:11 PM
ArteDar...
I'm on a rolo roll and need some peeps to swap with....I'll be sending PM's.....look out! I would love to swap with you and everyone who is interested. My list for rolos is almost empty...I am making one for TherapyArtist...but have lots more started. Anyone interested???

Pippin
04-11-2008, 01:59 PM
Me please Jetleg!! I am hoping do do some more this weekend, much more fun than cleaning!

Lily Lemon
04-11-2008, 04:28 PM
I have a question. I'm sure there's no right or wrong answer but I'd love to get some thoughts on this. I don't know what to do with the backs. I read in the "how-to" post to leave room for a future address change on the back so I've left my backs pretty plain. I've now seen other artists doing much more elaborate backs and I don't like my backs now in comparison ( I wonder why we always compare ourselves to others!:unsure:).

I'm wondering if it's ok not to leave new address space on the back. I'm sure some people know they're likely to move in the near future based on if they have jobs that move them around, are in college, in the military, etc where they move a lot. Other people, like me, know they're not likely to move. Can I make an executive decision that I don't need address space on the back?

Thanks in advance for any feedback

grrrdjules
04-11-2008, 04:46 PM
I don't. I fill up every little bit! :)

Gezza
04-11-2008, 04:50 PM
And so do I, I'd much rather look at something arty than a whole lot of space!!!!:spinny:

Lily Lemon
04-11-2008, 05:02 PM
Ok! I'll probably being adding to my backs since they've yet to be sent!

rocnic23
04-11-2008, 05:42 PM
lily lemon...normally most people do something a little artsy on the back just in case it is needed for an address change and you turn it over there is something pretty on the back as well as the front...but it doesn't have to be as elaborate.

PaperScraps
04-11-2008, 07:07 PM
This one is for Pippin.

jetleg
04-11-2008, 08:33 PM
Pippin said...
Me please Jetleg!! I am hoping do do some more this weekend, much more fun than cleaning!

I say...YES!!!!!!! You are in my very next batch...Yeah. I sent you a PM.

Lily Lemon
04-11-2008, 08:34 PM
I'm going to try to post the fronts and backs of the rolos for bluebell235, jetleg, and gezza. If I can't do it, take a peek in my gallery.

Left to right:
bluebell235 front, bluebell235 back, jetleg front, jetleg back, gezza front

Lily Lemon
04-11-2008, 08:39 PM
And Gezza's back

Bluebelle235
04-11-2008, 09:50 PM
Lily Lemon - love that name too !! and love my rolo, *thank you*, the colour is so fresh and vibrant and wonderful.

jetleg
04-11-2008, 11:50 PM
Lily Lemon...I love my rolo. Lemons...yummy! i can't wait to see it in person. I think it is perfect.

inkadinkado
04-12-2008, 12:49 AM
i made another rolo . . . it is for vbr in exchange for a card she made for my altered playing cards collection. she likes red/black/white combos and vintage pics of children with their pets. i feel like i could've added more, but didn't know exactly what. i guess with time i will feel more comfortable. i'm going to teach myself right now how to upload an image in this thread and see if it works . . . cross your fingers! feedback is appreciated, so i know what to do/not to do, what people like/don't like, etc. for future reference; i kind of have troubles with "constructive criticism" but i am trying to get over that, because in the world of art, there are going to be a lot of people who don't necessarily like your art.

Bluebelle235
04-12-2008, 04:22 AM
Well, Inka, I think your first rolo is just great !!! :jiggy: I don't think there are any rights or wrongs, to me it is about the artist expressing themself in their own style and I just love all the different styles. It is what makes it all so wonderful and interesting and fun !!! I say, have fun and go for it !!! And I would love to trade rolos with you !!!!!

Gezza
04-12-2008, 06:38 AM
Inkadinkado, Your Rolo is Divine, will you please add me to your list??? :jiggy:

Lily Lemon I love my rolo, Juicy and Sharp:jiggy:

Pippin
04-12-2008, 03:58 PM
Great rolo there Inkadink! I'd love to join you list to swap if you fancy doing more!!

rocnic23
04-12-2008, 04:04 PM
just do what you do inkadink....i'm sure people will gobble them up faster than you can make them!

smokeysmom
04-12-2008, 04:25 PM
I finally got some rolos done!
Here are Peacock for smokeysmom, and Fairy for Linda4atc

3668 3669

3670 3671

Here is your Rolo; will mail on Monday:)

purplecat
04-12-2008, 04:27 PM
Smokeysmom I love it ! thanks so much x

KarenM
04-12-2008, 04:31 PM
Thanks for the lovely rolos, Bluebelle235 and Artsygemini!!!
Lovely hearts for Bluebelle and Sandy a gorgeous bird rolo.
Nicely done ladies...love'em!!!

Tanya
04-12-2008, 06:45 PM
just do what you do inkadink....i'm sure people will gobble them up faster than you can make them!

So True!!!

Can I just say AMAZING art is being created here - I love popping in and seeing the latest. I'm madly busy work/life wise so its taking me a while to catch up on things. Just so you all know I'd love to trade with each and every one of you lovely people eventually! Your work is inspirational!! Txxxx :P

jetleg
04-12-2008, 07:04 PM
Smokeysmom and Inkadinkadoo (love that name)...excellent rolos. I would like to be on both of yours rolo lists.

Gezza
04-12-2008, 07:27 PM
I got the lovliest rolo today from ArtsyGemini, It is the Cat's Pyjamas!!!!! I love it:D

rocnic23
04-12-2008, 08:21 PM
totolyozsome..i got your rolo! it's fabulous!!

rocnic23
04-12-2008, 09:26 PM
here is a rolo i made. it can be made into an alphabet rolo or an address rolo.

ArteDar
04-12-2008, 10:05 PM
here is a rolo i made. it can be made into an alphabet rolo or an address rolo.

WeeeeOooooo....that's kewl Roc.....different, original and just one that someone will snatch up.....could be me....ROFL.....I'm a taker and love it.....but being fair I should be on the bottom of the list of takers since I already have your addy one.
Hugs, Dar

KatieV.....I rec'd your rolo today.....thanks so much it's lovely! OX

arteeztmom
04-12-2008, 11:00 PM
Hey Roc, that is one rolo I would have never guessed as being yours!! It's very funny...cute little critter in a copter! Love those surprises.:)
LilyLemon...I like your set of rolos, so summery! (As I look at snow out of my window!!)
Great work everyone!
ArteDar...How come I didn't see you in the sleepover photos anywhere?? :huh:

Linda4atc
04-13-2008, 01:12 AM
3848 Coffee and Crows for Roc

3849 Dolphins for Smokeysmom

3851 Winter Coats (This one has a bit of fiber stitched onto for fun)

First pick goes to those who have already made my ROLO's. ... But do not feel you have to take one of these I plan on doing more real soon .... just let me know you are waiting so I can let someone else have them if they want ....

Made my Rolo's ... (but I have not yet recieved them) ....You Get first pick if you want one of these ...
/Gezza*
/Roc* (Yours is shown above)
/smokeysmom*

Did anyone else make me a ROLO on this list (or am I missing someone who should be on the list)?
/purplecat
/Luvloz
/Andreananda
/Pippin
/jetleg
/wme133
/Bluebelle235(9inchies)

recieved mine...
/Moggy
/j4mi3 ( mailed you Flying Pigs, have not heard from you)

I recieved from...

completed rolo trades....
/artpup
/pumkin
/paperscraps
/ylfnogard
/Chardonnay
/Shirl

Please ... Correct me if I've messed up on this list somehow ...

moggy
04-13-2008, 07:54 AM
Hmmmmm.... just found the new thread and there's loads to read and no time - wretched college work!!!!

Karen M - I got your gorgeous rolo yesterday - she's beautiful and made my day - thank you soooo much.....

My list of owed rolos is embaressingly long.....

Shirl
Linda4atc
sandrabroschat
kaisaj
KarenM
lindamay

I have not forgotten you all - when the college stuff is done I'll be a creating!! Trying not to get stressed - this is supposed to be non-stresseful right??!! :wacko:

rocnic23
04-13-2008, 09:05 AM
love those rolos linda4atc and char!! wonderful.

coffeelatte
04-13-2008, 10:20 AM
Rocnic - I received the sweet kitten rolo yesterday. Thank you -- it's so cute! I'll let you know when yours goes out from me.

rocnic23
04-13-2008, 10:39 AM
chardonnay....here is the rolo i made for you! i will mail it out to you on monday.

inkadinkado
04-13-2008, 10:54 AM
roc, if no one has claimed your new rolo yet, may i?

grrrdjules
04-13-2008, 12:30 PM
Wow roc - I'm loving the pink helicopter!!!!! Is it still available? If it is I would LOVE it!

Lily Lemon
04-13-2008, 01:00 PM
Here are views of front and back of Smokeysmom's Rolo

Lily Lemon
04-13-2008, 01:01 PM
Here are the front and back of Purplecat's Rolo

purplecat
04-13-2008, 02:31 PM
Here are the front and back of Purplecat's Rolo

Thanks lily lemon, they are wonderful!

wme133
04-13-2008, 02:44 PM
Now that the rolos I owed out are on their way....who's next?? :)

Lily Lemon
04-13-2008, 02:46 PM
I'd love to trade with you! I'll pm you!

wme133
04-13-2008, 02:54 PM
You got it!

Chardonnay1965
04-13-2008, 04:15 PM
chardonnay....here is the rolo i made for you! i will mail it out to you on monday.

very nice roc..:D...can't wait for it to arrive..:D

artrageous
04-13-2008, 04:56 PM
Ok..... Who would like to trade? I have some free time and would like to make some art! LOL

Lily Lemon
04-13-2008, 09:01 PM
wme133

Here is your rolo. I saw a lot of Frida in your gallery, so I hope you like this!

Lily Lemon
04-13-2008, 09:04 PM
This rolo is available if anyone likes it.

wme133
04-13-2008, 11:24 PM
wme133

Here is your rolo. I saw a lot of Frida in your gallery, so I hope you like this!

Aww...LilyLemon....that little Frida is too cute!!! Thank you.

jetleg
04-13-2008, 11:45 PM
TotolyOzSome

Ok..... Who would like to trade? I have some free time and would like to make some art! LOL

I would love to trade with you. I am on a rolo roll. I have several in process...I could do one for you as well. i will PM you.

jetleg
04-13-2008, 11:46 PM
Now that the rolos I owed out are on their way....who's next??

How about me? i will PM you...

M A N U Z
04-14-2008, 07:06 AM
Dar. here's the rolo I made for you! :)

arteeztmom
04-14-2008, 08:26 AM
LilyLemon...Love that Frida!
Manuz...that rolo for ArteDar is too cool! Nice to see you around!!;)
Jetleg...I'm working on yours! I hope you're patient. :unsure:

TherapyArtist
04-14-2008, 11:22 AM
Howdy guys! ArtstyGemini started me on rolos and Jetleg got me wanting to join this swap. So here I am. I will be collecting flat rolos with the following themes: angels, fairies, nature, hiking/animals and Hugh Laurie - also artist choice. Looking for trades!