PDA

View Full Version : The Olympic All-Arts Athon 2012

Pages : [1] 2 3

Moosecastle
07-25-2012, 03:35 AM
Welcome to Crafting Olympics 2012!
July 27 - August 12

Co-hosts: sharlene54, Cathy1, JustDucky (please let me know if I have forgotten to add you)

I hope you have all warmed up properly - we don't want any craft related injuries;). The list of daily themes is completely OPTIONAL! You are very welcome to post and trade other stuff too:). If you want to participate in the daily competitions you must upload at least one theme-related item though.

Daily Competition

To enter the daily competition post pictures of one (or more) creations with that day's theme in this thread. They must also be up for swap to count (one is enough). You can win only once.
The winner of the day sends a prize to the next day's winner. I will send to the first winner. The prize can be an ATC, other crafts or craft supplies. Just remember you are sending to an Olympic winner, so make it worthy;)

Olympic Contest

Gold medal: for the person who posts every single day in the daily theme.

Silver medal: for the person who posts the most daily-theme-related items throughout the athon.

Bronze medal: for the person who uploads the most creations the last day. They must all be up for swap.

I will send a profile based prize to the medal winners.

Daily themes and inspiration for them

27 July All-Arts: Warm up! Finish procrastinated projects.

28 July Blue: sky, water, abstract, smurfs, denim, forget-me-nots...

29 July London: mind the gap, Big Ben, red busses, Millenium Wheel, Tower Bridge, the royal family, tennis, football...

30 July Rubber stamping: try out new techniques...

31 July Inchies (incl. houses): sports, countries, British...

1 August Black: night, roads, chimney sweep, cellar, Halloween...

2 August Numbers: lucky numbers, fairy tales, favourite numbers, numbers in your life, athlete numbers...

3 August Punches: punch, punch, punch, punch..!

4 August ATC's: Half-way mark - just craft away!

5 August Red: love, hearts, strawberries, apples, clowns, lava, blood...

6 August National Symbols: local, regional, national, flag, animal, bird, flower, people...

7 August Glitter: New Years, Twilight, party, carnival, girly...

8 August Rinchies: the olympic rings, medals, balls, planets, smileys, traffic signs...

9 August Yellow: sun, stars, moon, lemon, banana, giraf, smileys, warning signs...

10 August Heroes/Idols: myths, legends, athletes, actors, musicians, soldiers, philosophers, authors...

11 August Ribbon: finish line, luxury, Marie Antoinette, hanging ornaments, bows...

12 August All-Arts: The Grand Finale!!! Go Crazy!!! Finish the projects you've begun during the athon, try out something you've seen posted during the athon...

I hope the themes are varied and broad enough for everyone to participate:). Feel free to suggest more inspiration words:).

After you trade your creations they should be moved from the A thon gallery to Traded ATC's or Traded Mail Art (So only available Athon creations are in the athon gallery.)

Here's the "fine print"

What IS an ART-A-THON?
It’s a marathon create-your-favorite-art period, done over the same day and time in each time zone.
It’s kind of like we were all together for 5 days to play with our art supplies and this thread is our play room.

HOW IT WORKS: start creating art at the designated time, then upload your lovely creations to your gallery and post to the thread. Continue throughout the athon. Trading and chatting ensues.

HOW TO ASK FOR A TRADE: - When you find a piece of art or creation you must have, please SEND A PERSONAL MESSAGE (pm) to that person asking for a trade. Please DO NOT post requests for trades to the thread. It can get way too confusing.

Note: If you do make a trade, please be sure to send to your trade partner within two weeks. If you’re running late, communicate!

WANT TO COMPLIMENT AN ARTIST: And you will… remember you can click the You Rock button and leave it there.

HOW TO POST YOUR ART TO THE THREAD:
From your atcsforall.com gallery:
It’s easiest to have two windows open. I can create another "tab" and get to my gallery in one and be in my post reply box in the other.
Internet Explorer
1 Go to the main page of your gallery & right click on the picture you wish to post - this brings up a menu which has “properties” at the bottom.
2) Right click on “properties”, and it will show you "Address (URL)"Highlight the address/url and copy (Ctrl C).
Then follow steps 3 - 5 below
Note: Your picture will come up as large. Most folks use small or medium in the thread.

Mozella Firefox, Google Chrome and Mac Safari (most versions)
1) Go to the main page of your gallery & right click on the picture you wish to post - this brings up a menu that includes “Copy Image Location” (which is about 2/3 down the list for me)
2) Click on the “Copy Image Location”
Then follow steps 3 - 5

3) Go to your post in the thread and click on the "insert image" button (looks like a postcard)
4) Paste the address (right click, click paste or Ctrl P) into the window that pops up and hit OK - that puts the code into your post for your picture to show up; (you paste the address from the properties box over the http thingy that shows when you open the "insert image" box)
5) Remember that images from the gallery are small, medium or large. Most folks use small or medium in the thread. Find the word small, medium or large (or letters s m l) in the address and change it to size you want.

[IMG]http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/400/small/1_Maygar_Posta-traded.jpg [/IMG

(leaving the last bracket off the above so you can see how the address will look)

From your computer:
1. Click POST REPLY at the bottom of the messages screen. Above the message box, click the paperclip next to the smiley face. Then upload as usual. This will upload your picture as a thumbnail.
2. If you go into the Quick Reply box at the bottom of the messages screen, click GO ADVANCED and you will get the paperclip above the message box.

NEW TO A-THONS?
If you have any questions at all, feel free to pm your host, or post your questions to the thread. We have a lot of experienced art-a-thoners who are more than willing to help those of you new to this craziness

miloccpep
07-25-2012, 04:53 AM
Guess I am first in line!

Moosecastle
07-25-2012, 07:04 AM
As usual;):D

Neener
07-25-2012, 07:53 AM
Me Two!!! Thanks for the details!

Jewels
07-25-2012, 08:33 AM
Hmm... June 17th? I think you may have put down the wrong ending date in middle of the first post.

Some interesting themes in there as well.

dsign49
07-25-2012, 08:41 AM
The themes sound very interesting indeed.

KittyNL
07-25-2012, 09:50 AM
WOW a 17-day a-thon :spinny: I will be there for the opening ceremony and hope to make it to the finish!

Moosecastle
07-25-2012, 09:56 AM
Jewels: copy+paste is filled with traps;) Thanks!

Glad you like the themes:)

Donnacr
07-25-2012, 10:12 AM
Wow!! That theme list is amazing - so long and yet so do-able (it's after midnight here and I am now making up my own words :wacko:). Thanks for all that hard work, moosecastle.

What is the definition of a 'Rinchie'? is it just a round Inchie - otherwise known as a 1" circle?

Neener
07-25-2012, 10:28 AM
Good question on the rinchie. I wondered about that too.

Moosecastle
07-25-2012, 10:34 AM
Rinchie is exactly a 1" round circle as guessed:) A round inchie in other words:D

I use "do-able" all the time - I love making up my own words, especially verbs:D

Wil Opio Oguta
07-25-2012, 10:40 AM
Tempting. I won't have time to play all days, but will check in on a regular base.

RobbyGirl
07-25-2012, 11:39 AM
I can't remember the last time I made an ATC so I'm really going to try to get by and participate a bit :)

CynthiaSillitoe
07-25-2012, 11:40 AM
I'll be here!

monarch
07-25-2012, 12:52 PM
I should be able to play....................

sharlene54
07-25-2012, 01:08 PM
The themes are picture perfect.

Jean
07-25-2012, 01:37 PM
Massive athon! I will be in as much as I can....trying to sort through supplies and organize myself to make it easier to take part!

KESagers
07-25-2012, 01:50 PM
Those are great suggested themes! Thanks! :)

thatgeekyartgirl
07-25-2012, 02:54 PM
So on the days where the themes blue for example, you can make anything as long as it follows the theme blue, as far as the competitions go,

Cathy1
07-25-2012, 03:02 PM
I'm here

thatgeekyartgirl
07-25-2012, 03:07 PM
Lol nvmd I just noticed the all arts athon part lol

Suze
07-25-2012, 06:34 PM
wow, marathon for sure. The themes are great, nice to have inspiration, a starting line :)
only one I'm worried bout is "Punches". I only have two, (pitiful, huh?)...........but hey, twos better than none!
I'm doing what Jeans doing, getting stuff together, a novel approach for me..:idea: LOL.
sort of like stretching out before the sprint, or in this case, the 440 walk/run...

prayer_at_night
07-25-2012, 06:46 PM
I won't be able to participate every day, but I'm loving the daily themes! So, knowing me, I'm probably going to hang out in the thread and look at all the eyecandy that is surely going to be produced. :)

Moosecastle
07-26-2012, 01:51 AM
I'm so very happy that the themes are so well received! :)

Only 2 punches?!?! How do you survive??!! ;)

My collection: http://s416.photobucket.com/albums/pp244/moosecastle/My%20Punches/

My creations with punchies:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/moosecastle/sets/72157630755906866/

Hope this helps a bit. And there is plenty of time to go get some more punches;):D

KittyNL
07-26-2012, 03:47 AM
Eh... me too PMC... I only got two punches... One with a flower and really big one that I borrowed from my mother to make tags. But.... I do have some great arty friends over here that are sending me little bags with all kinds of punched out stuff when trading with me. So I have more then enough to play with :spinny:

sharlene54
07-26-2012, 09:10 AM
I'm having severe thunderstorms and rain today. It will be a good day to organize for the marathon. I'm getting backgrounds ready, cutting and some painting. I do have some unfinished tags-I will get those done tomorrow.

Suze
07-26-2012, 10:28 AM
Only 2 punches?!?! How do you survive??!!

LOL. I think cause I mainly draw and paint. I've drooled over punches in stores, but couldn't think what to do with them. maybe I'll get some ideas here.. :)

dsign49
07-26-2012, 12:45 PM
I don't have many punches either....maybe 4 at the most.....If I did have them I would forget to use them....My stuff is not very handy all the time.

Theresagram
07-26-2012, 01:51 PM
I'm here too!! :D

HotMamaRama
07-26-2012, 05:23 PM
Yay!! Let the games begin!!! I'm warming up with some art journal stuff, and finishing up a moley and then the competition is on!!! :jiggy:

thatgeekyartgirl
07-26-2012, 06:18 PM
lol i have no punches, i used to but hubby gets paid by the third and im in need of at least a one inch punch for bottle cap charms....hmm...oh hubby dear

ive also officially gotten rid of all my rubber stamping stuff :D

thatgeekyartgirl
07-26-2012, 06:20 PM
hmm maybe i need some digital ones lol

Neener
07-26-2012, 07:44 PM
Didn't get myself too organized today. Too many interruptions. I hate the phone!

grrrdjules
07-26-2012, 10:04 PM
I have some Moos ready to make, are they okay?

Just Ducky
07-26-2012, 10:08 PM
wow.. love the challange list... it's long but great ideas to work with...
and looking at my clock I got a whole couple hours to get ready... I sew far behind...
this duck is waddling slow this summer... but hang on we's coming..

thatgeekyartgirl
07-26-2012, 10:14 PM
Time to get stuff ready :D

miloccpep
07-27-2012, 12:16 AM
Had to use a camera as these are 3D. Can be mounted on ATC as well as Chunky.

Spread your Wings - Origami Swans. The folds showed the wings spread out for a good wash - re 2nd pic.
Credit: Robert Lang

miloccpep
07-27-2012, 12:23 AM
Origami Butterfly - this model has feeler, with tip of wings clipped to a sharp point as was the body. Can be mounted onto ATC or Chunky.
Credit: Ayako

miloccpep
07-27-2012, 12:31 AM
Kaleidoscope of Butterflies - origami butterflies.
Credit: Yoshizawa

I am experiencing difficulties uploading after the first 2. Will try again later but in the meantime leaving the text as it is.

Moosecastle
07-27-2012, 01:14 AM
Goooood Morning and welcome to the first Olympic Athon!!!

I like the first entry; swans. Even though miloccpep is in Singapore I am going to count it a Danish entry - due to Hans Christian Andersen's The Ugly Duckling ;):D

I'm looking forward to see what you all come up with - I just need to wake up a bit before grabbing scissors and glue :D

miloccpep
07-27-2012, 01:20 AM
Origami Butterfly 2 has the front side of wings folded inwards, w detail for the tip of the wings.

Credit: Zulal Ayture Scheele

Can be mounted onto ATC or Chunky.

miloccpep
07-27-2012, 02:28 AM
Origami Dragonfly - The interesting part is the head. It is bend from a fold (the other end of the tail) and gives the impression of bulging eyes.
Not sure if this can be mounted onto ATC or even Chunky. It has a depth of about half inch off the 'ground'. Perhaps if it is laid flat, it can be mailed with no postal problem.

Diagram from a Chinese Origami Book.

KittyNL
07-27-2012, 03:33 AM
Goodmorning all, I have finished some journal pages this morning.

KittyNL
07-27-2012, 04:24 AM
And here are my first ATCs

1. imagination
2. What about Billy?

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_Olympic_a_thon_1.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_Olympic_a_thon_2.jpg

CynthiaSillitoe
07-27-2012, 04:56 AM
Fun art!

Moosecastle
07-27-2012, 07:17 AM
First creation from me - mostly to try out my new scanner! :D

Marryth
07-27-2012, 07:58 AM
Good morning, guys! My first finished bit for the Athon. Hopefully I'll manage to finish up a few more ongoing projects today - great theme for the first day! :cute:

Jewels
07-27-2012, 09:08 AM
Good morning! Just checking out the art. I think I'll go get some tea and toast and wake up a bit before starting anything.

thatgeekyartgirl
07-27-2012, 09:09 AM
so i ment to start at midnight but it was such a long day yesterday but here i am 8am finishing an altered envie and some swap atcs yay :jiggy:

Wil Opio Oguta
07-27-2012, 10:27 AM
Morning all! Kelly and I will be out part of the day, but my new supply of napkins has arrived, so I will be making some cards later today. There were several requests for red robin in the snow cards. If you are interested, let me know, some of my new napkins have this picture.

Neener
07-27-2012, 11:25 AM
First 2 cards I was finishing from yesterday. Think I will take a break from this style for a while. I am going blind doing them. :0)

RobbyGirl
07-27-2012, 11:43 AM
Ohh such lovely art. Okay this is my first ATC since February!! I can't believe it's been so long! Title is Strider and it's for trade. I have to admit I had a difficult time going back to small I've been working large and larger lately. The second thumbnail is an 18 X 24 I finished yesterday and I'm getting ready to start a 6 foot X 4 Foot today or tomorrow....LOL! ps. I have prize giveaways going on both my Facebook Studio page and my blog today, links in my siggy line.

The one on the left is my ATC fo trade the one on the right is an 18 X 24 I painted yesterday.

sharlene54
07-27-2012, 11:52 AM
I just got back from my Woman's Group meeting. What a wonderful start to our marathon of marithon's. I have the pleasure of co-hosting from this side of the world.

I love all the posted art so far.

prayer_at_night
07-27-2012, 11:53 AM
Neener, what medium are you using to produce that effect??? It looks really stunning, but I've never seen anything like that (apart from digital art where everything is possible ;) ).

I finished these inchie houses yesterday evening (meaning, until three in the morning today, which is a-thon time ;) ). Three are traded with tammybeck, the rest is available.
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=316233

Neener
07-27-2012, 12:58 PM
Neener, what medium are you using to produce that effect??? It looks really stunning, but I've never seen anything like that (apart from digital art where everything is possible ;) ).

I finished these inchie houses yesterday evening (meaning, until three in the morning today, which is a-thon time ;) ). Three are traded with tammybeck, the rest is available.
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=316233

That's encaustic wax painting done with hot tools. It's a lot of fun.

Neener
07-27-2012, 12:59 PM
Another finished item from my worktable. Iris folded text on watercolor

Jewels
07-27-2012, 01:32 PM
I've mostly been working on some swap cards but here's a few others.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Cats-_Fancy_Cat.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Cats-_Hiya_Stranger.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Cats-_I_Know_there_was_a_Bird.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Flowers-_Roses_and_Butterfly.jpg

Just Ducky
07-27-2012, 02:28 PM
yikes, look at all the pretties already... my table is cleaned off... just did a big swipe and it's all now in the trash can... so I am pumped up fer some creatin' (hope,I hope)

Suze
07-27-2012, 02:49 PM
hey Ducks, can I come and go through your trash? jist know ya threw some good stuff out.:)

loving the good start to the atart today...Robby, your horses are amazingly amazing.

.....gotta get busy!:jiggy:....I'm the "turtle" in the athon's. (hmmm, wonder who the hare is?)

Neener
07-27-2012, 03:23 PM
Last one for today probably. DH will be home soon. Everything seemed to be taking a long time. yeesh.

Joss
07-27-2012, 03:42 PM
First few from me:

105566 Giraffe Seminar

105567 Coffee morning

105568 Lips and eyes #1

105569 Lips and eyes #2

thatgeekyartgirl
07-27-2012, 04:01 PM
Well through chases fussiness I got an altered envie done and now its time for work so see yall at 8

KittyNL
07-27-2012, 04:07 PM
I have been making some journal pages today.

I will be teaching a workshop on how to start an art journal in October (in the Netherlands) and am preparing some pages to show different techniques. These two are done with distress ink and a mask, with little pieces of paper and images. I love how the pink/purple one turned out, I think I will use the same technique and color on a canvas.

KESagers
07-27-2012, 04:30 PM
I wish I could take your class Kittty.

Cathy1
07-27-2012, 05:04 PM
Me too Kitty - have you thought of an online class?? Great cards BTW

CherylS
07-27-2012, 07:37 PM
Here's my UFO. I have some coffee cup cozys that needed finishing so I made an Olympic cup holder. Will trade for any type of art.

CynthiaSillitoe
07-27-2012, 07:43 PM
Goooood Morning and welcome to the first Olympic Athon!!!

I like the first entry; swans. Even though miloccpep is in Singapore I am going to count it a Danish entry - due to Hans Christian Andersen's The Ugly Duckling ;):D

I'm looking forward to see what you all come up with - I just need to wake up a bit before grabbing scissors and glue :D

hey Ducks, can I come and go through your trash? jist know ya threw some good stuff out.:)

loving the good start to the atart today...Robby, your horses are amazingly amazing.

.....gotta get busy!:jiggy:....I'm the "turtle" in the athon's. (hmmm, wonder who the hare is?)

Hee Hee! Share some of that artsy trash. I'm finally getting a chance to sit down and create...waiting for the Opening Ceremonies which technically haven't happened here yet.

Marryth
07-27-2012, 08:57 PM
Tackled a couple more on-the-go projects this evening - all are available for swap, should anyone be interested. :cute: Saturdays are my bad day, as far as free time goes, but I hope to be back tomorrow with something blue!

sharlene54
07-27-2012, 09:21 PM
Very Olympian, CherylS.

Hey Ducky, I want some of that trash, too. Lets have a trash party. I'll bring the refreshments. I have some great ones in mind, just for the occasion.

I love those cards, Marryth. Your needle point is great.

I finally finished some-That were started long ago and I decided to finish them now. The first two are tags, but I'll trade them for any art.

1L(traded)
2L(traded)
3L(traded)

in my gallery

miloccpep
07-27-2012, 09:40 PM
Can't ROCK you Joss, my fren! Just wanna say what a great set of cards! Giraffe Seminar had me in stitches!

Suze
07-27-2012, 10:42 PM
Theres a movement on Facebook, called "Art Abandonment" , Debinga (new trader here) came over yesterday and we played for 4 hours...:jiggy: She told me about Art Abandonment, I checked it out and just love it.
old concept, new twist on it, basically make a piece of art, any kind, and wrap it up real purtty like, and put tag on that tells the "finder" of your art that its free and theirs!
So, heres my first piece, gonna go in a clear plastic bag with pink ribbons and I'm gonna hang it on a small tree at Columbus Hospice tomorrow. Suppose to be sneaky and not let anyone see you abandon your art. hmmm, hope I can pull it off. (its 4"X6")

Jewels
07-27-2012, 10:44 PM
Here's a few more.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Dogs-_My_Hero.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Dogs-_Loki_Under_the_Leaves.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_The_Smallest_Angel.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_The_Flower_Tree.jpg

Linda4atc
07-27-2012, 11:38 PM
AWESOME start to this ATART. I love that it is much more than the normal 3 days. I know I can participate since there is so many days. I should be online Tuesday, maybe Wed. and definitely Thursday. I will work on some art to post then. I have several chunky pages in my gallery right now. Anyone want to trade... (hopefully I'll have some pm's when I'm next able to be here.)

Anyone making chunkies PLEASE remember not to put ANY Bulk on the left side. I (and many others) have a Bind-it-all and the guide is at least an inch deep for cutting the holes.

Just Ducky
07-27-2012, 11:59 PM
wait fer me... I only got a minute till my midnight and I got cards.. really I do...

Just Ducky
07-28-2012, 12:07 AM
you know I HAD to watch the opening ceremonys... and didn't want to miss anything... so here I am running like mad to make my first day challange...
these 3 cards are all make with only items I have received from my fellow traders.. been going to do this for awhile and today finally worked them...
so thanks gals, and this was a challange to use only stuff you all sent me... but fun...

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_olympics_atart_1.jpg....Olympics # 1
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_olympics_atart_2.jpg....Olympics # 2
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_olympics_atart_3.jpg....Olympics # 3

sharlene54
07-28-2012, 12:08 AM
Good night to all. Tomorrow is the second day and counting.

calluna
07-28-2012, 12:14 AM
[QUOTE=paintmanycolors;1271881]Theres a movement on Facebook, called "Art Abandonment" , Debinga (new trader here) came over yesterday and we played for 4 hours...:jiggy: She told me about Art Abandonment, I checked it out and just love it.
old concept, new twist on it, basically make a piece of art, any kind, and wrap it up real purtty like, and put tag on that tells the "finder" of your art that its free and theirs!
QUOTE]

Nice! I'm working on some things for art-abandonment too, though not through the Facebook group.

My past couple weeks have been overflowing with creative fervor, so I hope it keeps going through this athon! :)

KESagers
07-28-2012, 12:20 AM
Just finished watching the opening ceremonies. I always love it when they light the Olympic flame. I have an available ATC that I made tonight - it's ready to scan and post but I'm so tired I can hardly type so I'll post it tomorrow. Let the games begin! :)

Just Ducky
07-28-2012, 12:27 AM
KESagers... yes, I wore me out watching so much of the ceremony... nite gal and catch with everyone tomorrow..
oh and JOSS... just wondering how ya doing moving around London ?? are ya movin ??
or complete grid-lock..
I really enjoyed the opening ceremony... most fun watching all the countries marching in and thinking of my many different trader friends as their flag went by...

CynthiaSillitoe
07-28-2012, 12:35 AM
Gotta love that the Brits keep the Parade of Nations moving at a proper but speedy tempo. Churchill would be proud. :)

I didn't get anything done to post or trade, but did get my magic girls swap cards done, which I really needed to do. I have to put the finishing touches on them tomorrow when the light is better. And then I'm athon-bound!

Jean
07-28-2012, 01:14 AM
I got nuthin to show, lol. Wrote five pages on my book but that's about it, artwise, lol. I am LOVING the art here, though!

Note to self: Make art. MDR: At least one piece of art per day!

Loved the Opening Ceremonies. Count on the Brits to do it with style and power! More than once, I found tears filling my eyes.

thatgeekyartgirl
07-28-2012, 01:15 AM
so got off work came, ate the delicious dinner my hubby made put baby to sleep and went straight to arting...two in a half hours later ive finally finished the alter envie i owe palmina...i didnt like the first one so i redid it :D put ill see if she wants to see it or if she wants it a suprise in the mail... hmmm midnight and work at 8am tomorrow i may have to call it a night...maybe

Moosecastle
07-28-2012, 01:47 AM
I am very sorry that I haven't acknowledged my co-hosts. I have however cleaned out my inbox in preparation for the athon - so all the kind PM's with offers I received are gone...

So anyone who wants to co-host is more than welcome to announce being so. Also if only for one day. I think we're generally very good at helping eachother host, co-host or not, so I hope there will be no problems:)

KittyNL
07-28-2012, 03:02 AM
I watched the opening ceremony yesterday. I loved the show! I dropped off when the country parade started... needed some :sleep:

Let me check today's subject and I will get going!

Moosecastle
07-28-2012, 03:08 AM
Status for Friday July 27:

11 people uploaded a total of 46 creations for the daily contest.

The winner is: Neener! (PM me your address)

For the gold medal contest (post every day of the athon) the following are participating: miloccpep, KittyNL, Marryth, Neener, RobbyGirl, Jewels, Joss, CherylS, sharlene54, prayer_at_night and JustDucky.

For the silver medal contest (upload the most during the athon) the top 4 is: miloccpep 9, Jewels 8, prayer_at_night 6 and Marryth 5.

Saturday July 28: BLUE

KittyNL
07-28-2012, 05:39 AM
Blue is the theme today :) I made some backgrounds using the same method as I used in my journal yesterday and cut ATCs from the sheet.

3. Blue dragonfly
4. Blue butterfly
5. Peacock
6. Penguins

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_Olympic_a_thon_3.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_Olympic_a_thon_4.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_Olympic_a_thon_5.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_Olympic_a_thon_6.jpg

Neener
07-28-2012, 07:20 AM
Probably my only entry for today. I have outside work to get to. The image on this was something someone sent me. The rest is mixed media encaustic.

maggiebloom
07-28-2012, 08:19 AM
Good Morning All! Happy to be joining for today. I am posting several cards now - thumbnails cuz' I can't figure out the other way! Tried and images don't appear. Check my gallery for others! So I had the BLUES last nite..........

dmnh
07-28-2012, 09:03 AM
Hello Athoners! I'm late to the party. I see you all have been quite busy creating masterpieces! Lots of beautiful art in this thread!!!

I worked on these two monsters and the covers for the two little books yesterday. Sewed the books up this morning. I also sewed mug rugs yesterday. The monsters and books are all up for trade.

Books are made entirely from castoffs..... they started out as 5.5 inch floppy disks. I paper mached over the floppy disks and then painted them with acrylics. They each have 50 pages of copy paper, sewn in coptic stitch (means they will lay flat when open) with crochet cotton.

Monsters are handsewn, stuffed with polyester fiber filling. The light green one is about 8 inches and the dark green one about 10 inches tall. Both are kid friendly, completely machine washable and dryable.

If you're interested in a book or a monster, shoot me off a PM. I'm looking for art or paper in trade. Make me an offer, please.

blue and gold book
goldfish book
dark green monster
light green monster

Moosecastle
07-28-2012, 09:13 AM
Clarifications:

co-hosts: sharlene54, Cathy1 and JustDucky (please let me know if I have forgotten to add you)

To be eligible for the contets the pictures must be posted in this thread. Links to galleries are too easy to overlook.

And some blue from me - a butterfly ATC for a swap on swapbot:

maggiebloom
07-28-2012, 09:15 AM
A few more BLUES - 2 are APCs for "deck" collectors! I am off to a memorial service and will check in later.

Fantasia
07-28-2012, 09:15 AM
Good day to you all! I just "discovered" this Athon while I was putzing around here this morning, and I've got to say I'm intrigued. Great themes for each day. Since its so many days, I should have a chance to participate some, but probably not every day.

Absolutely lovely art I've seen so far, so I'd better get to it so I have something to trade.

Oh, and the Olympics always bring tears to my eyes. Told my daughter I'll need an extra box of tissues for the next couple weeks! :)

maggiebloom
07-28-2012, 09:22 AM
One more APC - MOSTLY Blue!!

sharlene54
07-28-2012, 10:02 AM
Wonderful blue cards, maggiebloom.

I'm watching cycling and women's tennis. I love watching the opympics. Not much art getting done or anything else for that matter.

HotMamaRama
07-28-2012, 10:05 AM
Greetings ATHONers. So many of you are off to a great start. Love what I've seen so far.

So I didn't get to art at all yesterday. Planned to last night, but then got completely sucked into the Olympic Opening Ceremonies. My favorites - the Queen jumping out of the heli with 007, & Mr. Bean! Good show. :)

Hoping to sneak in a little creativeness this morning while the offspring are still waking up slowly.

HotMamaRama
07-28-2012, 10:07 AM
Right there with you Sharlene, I'm watching cycling instead of doing art. The only time I wished I had a television in my art loft. haha

Wil Opio Oguta
07-28-2012, 11:08 AM
Here are the first cards I made for this athon. No idea how many will follow (poppy with butterfly is traded with KittyNl, the red robins are still available):

minnkel
07-28-2012, 11:32 AM
Just a few to post before we head out to take some photos and do a little shopping.

Chick-a-Daisy - (chick-a-dai-sy-sy-sy) TRADED
Picnic Guests - (every day needs a BIT of whimsy!)
Seeing Red
Song of the Yellow Bird

minnkel
07-28-2012, 11:33 AM
And a few I made for Wil's Flower Deck this morning. Check in with you guys later!!!

Lacy Flowers
Purple Thistle
Clover Amongst Sunflowers

sharlene54
07-28-2012, 12:01 PM
I wish I had a tv in my art room, also. I do have my I pad to move around the house, so now I'm watching tennis. It's great. I had to postpone my daily walk so I could watch the end of the cycling. It was so exciting.

The tennis match is great.

dsign49
07-28-2012, 12:05 PM
Great art everyone...watched the end of cycling and it was a great ending...very emotional for the winner

KittyNL
07-28-2012, 12:07 PM
I watched swimming this morning and was waiting for the womens estafette.... but I missed it, but I just saw the race in the rerun.. :)

7. Frida (I just worshipped him)
8. Blue bird
9. Blue butterflies

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_Olympic_a_thon_7.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_Olympic_a_thon_8.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_Olympic_a_thon_9.jpg

KittyNL
07-28-2012, 12:09 PM
And 2 more. I used all the blue backgrounds, I will make some more in a different color.

10. Frida
11. Butterflies

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_Olympic_a_thon_10.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_Olympic_a_thon_11.jpg

CynthiaSillitoe
07-28-2012, 12:21 PM
Yay Neener!

Time for me to get to work....

KESagers
07-28-2012, 12:29 PM
Just caught the end of the men's archery and we are hooked. Going for the gold tonight!!!! Gotta go get my card from yesterday and get it uploaded.

Joss
07-28-2012, 12:34 PM
Alllo everyone. I loved seeing the Olympics opening, but don't watch telly too much - will catch up on events later. I am more interested in the Paralympics which are on in August and September.
Only did some inchies using blue metallic paint, and here are two more available- from yesterday. (One has some blue in it) LOL

105646 Metallic inchies

105647 Shyness

105648 Let's get together

KESagers
07-28-2012, 12:47 PM
Joss - the previews for the Paralympics really look exciting. I hope TV programmers make it as easy to watch those events as these first rounds of competition.

Here is my first card of the marathon:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Surf_s-Up-Dude.jpg
Surf's Up Dude! - traded

Moosecastle
07-28-2012, 12:51 PM
Denmark just won first match in the women's handball competition:D

I would love to watch the Paralympics too - but the last few times they havent shown any...

vero
07-28-2012, 01:05 PM
This is my first participation ever in a athon... I hope my butterfly is blue enough !
I try to put the picture here :

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7702/small/1_DSCI0101.JPG

sharlene54
07-28-2012, 01:14 PM
Welcome Vero. Lovely card.

CynthiaSillitoe
07-28-2012, 01:47 PM
I have two atcs done, some atcs and moos in the works, but who knows when I'll get them uploaded as there is a cat sleeping in my computer chair....and I'm not foolish enough to move her.

Welcome, Vero.

My only beef with the Olympics so far is that they didn't work in any Elton John songs? On the other hand, the Sgt Pepper people made me happy. I want to get some Sgt Pepper people to wander through my life in random intervals....

Jean
07-28-2012, 02:17 PM
I made some houses...some are for a trade, waiting for trader to choose. That's it for today but I'll pop in to enjoy the eyecandy!
Top: summer, a lake cottage
middle: virtue, innocence, a teacher
bottom: alone, invited, punctuality (dark flower is a bright red sequin)

prayer_at_night
07-28-2012, 02:43 PM
My entry for today: an ATC, handdrawn with coloured pencils on dark blue paper.
I love it, and I'd love to trade it! <3

I also included a picture of the still available inchie houses from yesterday - sorry I only posted a link! ^^

If you like and want something you see, please send me a PM! :D

KESagers
07-28-2012, 02:59 PM
The NBC Olympic web site keeps crashing my computer so I can't get the listings for the events. :no: Anyone else having trouble?

Nice houses Jean and Prayeratnight!

Neener
07-28-2012, 03:07 PM
Great work everyone!!! I love the metallic inchies Joss.

Vero your butterfly is lovely as well and Kristin the Surf card is adorable. Feeling sad that I didn't get to post more than one card so far, but I did get a lot done in the yard. Maybe I can get one finished this evening.

KESagers
07-28-2012, 03:09 PM
Thanks Neener!

maggiebloom
07-28-2012, 03:16 PM
Another Blue card to post... Inspired by the Olympics to go to London now! The queen has invited me for tea! lol

vero
07-28-2012, 03:31 PM
Many thanks to all of you who encourage me ! My butterfly is traded... :)

CynthiaSillitoe
07-28-2012, 03:33 PM
Another Blue card to post... Inspired by the Olympics to go to London now! The queen has invited me for tea! lol

I'll come with you,

sharlene54
07-28-2012, 03:37 PM
Well, we're in a severe weather alert including flash flood until 6:00pm. Luckily, we're not in a flood area, but we always worry about trees falling since we had one fall on our house a couple of years ago. Marathoning is a great diversion.

I finished 4 more, blue of course. The playing cards and napkins are with gel medium

4L
5L
6L(traded)
7L(traded)

in my gallery

Suze
07-28-2012, 04:13 PM
welcome Vero!
Cyn, I'm with you, I kept waiting for Elton John to show up. :sad:
watching the volleyball now, and working on blue cards, should have a couple to show and tell soon. :)

Moosecastle
07-28-2012, 04:22 PM
Danish tennis player, Caroline Wozniacki won her first match and several swimmers set nation records!

I found an old London tourist guide in my stash, so I have been cutting away. Expect a lot of maps from me tomorrow:D

KittyNL
07-28-2012, 04:41 PM
A silver medal for the women on the 4 x 100 mtr freestyle! Well done!

I will be back tomorrow, I am going to get some sleep. Have a nice day/evening all!

CynthiaSillitoe
07-28-2012, 05:06 PM
Here are mine. I made a moo house, too, but I think I'll wait until I have some more and scan them in a bunch.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7318/small/1_thingcomeshome.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7318/small/1_holiday.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7318/small/1_atlastthebride.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7318/small/1_ladyofsorrows.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7318/small/1_herfaceaglow.jpg

dsign49
07-28-2012, 05:07 PM
My first ones for today APC
105672 # 1

105673 # 2

dsign49
07-28-2012, 05:12 PM
Some here have some blue on them.
105674 # 3 on hold for KEsagers

105675 # 4 TRADED

105676 # 5 TRADED

105677 # 6

105678 # 7

KESagers
07-28-2012, 05:43 PM
Two chunkies for the marathon. Background is recycled tissue box. Heat embossed hand stamped image was then watercolored.

Traded as is - no additional danglies or embellishments. Will trade for any type of art.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/large/1_Memories-chunkies.jpg
Left: Beautiful Pictures Right: Memories are Made

Suze
07-28-2012, 05:47 PM
I have to say that London REALLY put on a fantastic opening ceremony last night. One of the best I've ever seen.
watching the mens volleyball (in the sand) now....trying to keep my eyes on the ball, hee hee...;):huh::yes:....now rowing is on!

managed to do two "blue" atc's
Blue Princess----traded, thanks!
Angel (sorry bout crooked pic, and I think this card looks better in person :) ) traded, thanks!

CherylS
07-28-2012, 05:58 PM
I have 2 offerings in blue. Quilts in paper. I did them with markers, gold ink, and glitter pens.
1. is available
2 is traded

Neener
07-28-2012, 06:14 PM
WOW I take hubby out for dinner and come home to delicious cards! You all rock!

sharlene54
07-28-2012, 06:18 PM
I've been watching the Olymics off and on all day.

Great Art--

design49-I love your cards
KRESagers-what cute chunkies
paintmanycolors-lovely blues
And CherlyS-Wonderful abstracts paper quilts

dsign49
07-28-2012, 06:28 PM
I have to go clean my stuff off the kitchen table...I was watching the Olympic and making cards and now it is time to start dinner. Be back later. I know I will want to make more trades as the cards ore Olympic rated meaning best ever,

KESagers
07-28-2012, 06:50 PM
Thank you Sharlene! Me too dsign - time to eat.

Suze
07-28-2012, 07:32 PM
aaarrggghhhhhhhhhhhhh! once again I cannot upload to my gallery or to the athon gallery. I've done everything possible, all my #'s are right, I've signed out then back in , etc. :cry:
sigh, its the strangest thing, this will happen and then the next day I can upload. or two days later. then I can't again. (sorry bout my whining, but you all know how that must feel, backs hurting from bending over art table an ya just wanna upload your cards so you can trade.whine whine whine. Does anyone else have this prob? I use a digital camera and Picasa on my computer....worked fine for 18 months.
sigh.
well, I CAN post to the thread, :)
heres my princess frog with blue crown and blue bugs. traded, thanks!

Marryth
07-28-2012, 07:56 PM
Hi guys! Finally home (bleh to Saturdays) and finished one bit of blue - it's available, so please do PM me if you're interested in this or my other postings! :cute:

Gonna try to tackle a bit more in blue tonight...we'll see how much I get done.

minnkel
07-28-2012, 08:04 PM
Just a couple more for Wil...trying to help her complete her FLOWER deck.

Delicate White
Tiger Lily

minnkel
07-28-2012, 08:06 PM
And a few more available to trade. I think I was feeling a bit of wanderlust this afternoon....seem to be flitting all over the globe. Must be Olympic spirit???

Oriental Reflections
Air Mail
Kwanzaa Dancer

maggiebloom
07-28-2012, 08:36 PM
Suze - I have the same uploading problem!!! I haven't figured it out, but I use my laptop instead of my desktop for a few days and then it seems to correct itself and I am up and running again. I asked EVERYONE I could think of - including the administrators and no one had an answer. The vagaries of cyberspace??? Anyone out there have a thought??

Jewels
07-28-2012, 09:01 PM
I've been gone all day and came home to some serious eye candy. It's time for dinner now but I'll be back with some art.

Marryth
07-28-2012, 09:04 PM
Got some blue inchies done - happy to trade these too! :cute:

Suze
07-28-2012, 09:11 PM
thanks for responding Maggie. I know other traders who have same prob. Including one moderator who said she never tries to upload on AFA anymore.
Got to be a answer....I'm on a mission to find out why this happens. :mask:

sorry my Athon buddies, for using thread for this prob. it seemed like a good place where alot of traders would be together and maybe have an answer.
And I'm NOT throwing in the towel!! I love AFA and gonna figure this out.
meanwhile I'll keep track of the page # in thread where my pics are, so I can trade:)

Tamrantula
07-28-2012, 09:17 PM
Wow--this is an amazing idea! I haven't been on the site for a long time--haven't made art in even longer...but, I may have to try to join in at least a little.

Way cool!

Marryth
07-28-2012, 09:24 PM
Four more from me - these are twinchies, and available to trade.

KESagers
07-28-2012, 09:29 PM
I'm not 100% sure why some are having intermittent problems with the site. I'm gonna say what everyone hates to hear. A computer and it's' software is out of date in about 2 years if not sooner. I am currenting using my "new" computer which is 4 and a half years old and I'm starting to have trouble with some web sites. In computer years my 4 and half year old one is ancient and really needs to be replaced. So painful that such a big purchase is obsolete so fast. When I've had trouble uploading to the site it's been my browser. Do you have another one you can try. Some browsers work better with some sites than others and if your browser is not up to date that could be an issue also. Don't know if this helps or not. :wacko:

Suze
07-28-2012, 09:45 PM
hey, thanks Kes! but unfortunately I don't have another computer. This one was purchased in July 2010, and I only use it for art stuff. I never have probs uploading on Facebook or other sites. gosh, I hate to think that my puters old already..:(

KESagers
07-28-2012, 09:54 PM
You can install multiple browsers on your computer. I usually do that so that I have options but I never got around to it on my current one because Safari has worked so well for me. Like I said I did have trouble with this site awhile back and it was my browser - Safari - but when I tried another browser like Explorer or Firefox it worked fine. Then when I was able to update Safari the problem was solved. :) It may be an easy fix like updating your browser if it's been awhile.

Just Ducky
07-28-2012, 10:24 PM
I can't be much help for you gals having problems uploading... I don't even have a cell phone.. so I wouldn't know how to upload from them... I use my computer scanner.. yea, the ol' fashion way... but it works....:wideeyed:

so now, I did get my BLue cards done today...

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_olympics_atart_5.jpg.... # 5 http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_olympics_atart_6.jpg.... # 6http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_olympics_atart_7.jpg.... # 7 http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_olympics_atart_8.jpg.... (TRADED, thank you)

Jewels
07-28-2012, 10:26 PM
Here are some more cards. I used some of my new backgrounds from the swap.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_All_About_Good_Taste.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Gardener_s_Paradise.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Birds-_CHirping_Good_Morning.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Mice-_Love__No_Strings_Attached.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Cats-_Sleepy_and_Grumpy.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Beach_Life.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_I_Could_Use_a_a_Pick_Me_Up.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Sailin___Sailin_.jpg

Just Ducky
07-28-2012, 10:28 PM
see what happens when ya try to watch the games and do stuff here...
I forgot I got a kitty card done to

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_olympics_atart_4.jpg... # 4

Marryth
07-28-2012, 10:35 PM
Whew - four more sets of inchies, all available for trade! (I think this makes 11 for me for Saturday's theme? I think I might be out of steam for tonight now, but we'll see...)

KESagers
07-28-2012, 10:48 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Ducklings.jpg
Traded

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_A-Real-Hot-Dog.jpg
A Real Hot Dog- traded

maggiebloom
07-28-2012, 10:55 PM
OOOH!!! Can't wait to get those backgrounds, Jewels! They are awesome.

Just Ducky
07-28-2012, 11:10 PM
I'm back again... forgot my Frogs... boy me and watching the games and playing here just ain't working...
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_olympics_atart__9.jpg.... # 9
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_olympics_atart_10.jpg.... (TRADED, thank you)
an KES, you know WHO is waiting on them cutie baby ducks...:cute:

CynthiaSillitoe
07-28-2012, 11:50 PM
I have a cell phone, but I barely know how to make a call on it. :)

Great art, everyone! See you tomorrow!

Tamrantula
07-29-2012, 12:27 AM
My first ATC in MONTHS! Hopefully, it won't be the last.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/459/medium/1_scan0900.jpg

calluna
07-29-2012, 12:27 AM
It's still Day #2 here, so here are my blue-ish cards for today! They were all in-progress previously, just "finished" today (and maybe not really finished...I always keep looking and seeing if there's something else they need.)

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2668/small/19_atc_001.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2668/small/11_atc.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2668/small/6_atc_003.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2668/small/34_atc.jpg

KESagers
07-29-2012, 12:37 AM
Lots of great art and we've only just begun . . . :) Night everyone - see you tomorrow.

Moosecastle
07-29-2012, 01:55 AM
Saturday's winner: prayer_at_night ! (PM me your address please)

Status gold medal contest: still participating are KittyNL, Neener, miloccpep, Joss, prayer_at_night, sharlene54, CherylS, Marryth, JustDucky and Jewels

Status silver medal contest: top 3 - Marryth 46, miloccpep 15 and Jewels 14.

Sunday July 29: LONDON

http://i416.photobucket.com/albums/pp244/moosecastle/Keep-Calm-and-Craft-On.jpg

KittyNL
07-29-2012, 03:02 AM
Goodmorning all! Great art last night!

I have found some London tissues, need to see what I can do with them. And I see I am still in the running for the gold medal, LOL!

vero
07-29-2012, 03:16 AM
Hello everybody, 9:12AM here, here is my first card of the day :

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7702/small/1_DSCI0103.JPG

vero
07-29-2012, 04:10 AM
And now the second one :

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7702/small/1_DSCI0105.JPG

"When I will be older, I will be a champion"

KittyNL
07-29-2012, 05:38 AM
Here are my first two for today:

12. Beefeater
13. London Red bus

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_Olympic_a_thon_12.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_Olympic_a_thon_13.jpg

Joss
07-29-2012, 06:52 AM
Morning all. I am the only one who lives in London and haven't even started for today yet. I will I will, soon. Love your London cards Kitty and Vero. Great cards so far- I guess because I have over 2000 cards now (after 3 years), I really look for things I haven't got yet- so please don't think I don't love all your art- I really do. So, ART on ladies. Thanks for being such an eggsellent host moosey.

Neener
07-29-2012, 08:30 AM
Got 2 for today's theme. It's hubby's birthday so I won't be getting anything done and he invited guests for dinner. So this will probably be it for me today. Be so glad when he goes back to work tomorrow so I can play. :))

miloccpep
07-29-2012, 09:18 AM
3 for today's theme - LONDON

Part of the British flag with postage stamp of the Queen and Tartan.

Moosecastle
07-29-2012, 09:32 AM
Thank you Joss - my shell is a bit cracked for sure :wacko:

Moosecastle
07-29-2012, 09:46 AM
Did I mention that London is my favourite city in the world?

1. But I'm Invited For Tea!
2. I'll Be Quiet As A Mouse
3. It's Me Sunday Best
4. The Big Carrot
5. Peter Phone Home

Moosecastle
07-29-2012, 09:46 AM
6. Riding the Steel Worm

Marryth
07-29-2012, 10:22 AM
Good morning, everyone! Off to work now, but managed a couple of twinchies this morning. I'll be back later today to craft some more! :cute:

CynthiaSillitoe
07-29-2012, 11:40 AM
These are from last night. (They had to dry.)

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7318/small/1_seaglasszen.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7318/small/1_zennishtrees.jpg

maggiebloom
07-29-2012, 12:05 PM
Here are my London offerings. Great city!!!

maggiebloom
07-29-2012, 12:06 PM
Interesting abstracts, Cynthia!

Joss
07-29-2012, 12:08 PM
Here are a couple of London cards, done with melted wax crayons, black ink and markers.

105746 London Eye

105747 Telephone Big Ben

105748 London Skyline

CherylS
07-29-2012, 12:11 PM
My favorite things to see in London are the Crown Jewels. Well worth waiting line. These are not hand drawn but altered photos. I used metallic ink and glitter pens.

sharlene54
07-29-2012, 12:15 PM
Wonderful London offerings.

Suze
07-29-2012, 12:15 PM
Happy Sunday athoner type art peoples. :)

looks like I'll be posting to thread only. Kristin is amazing at helping me, that girl has them computer smarts!

just for the record, there are no ugly Men Volleyball players. woohoo, watching Serbia and U.S. .......mens volleyball is my current new fav sport. heehee.....
(its lovely being "old" , I can check out all the cuties and no one cares.....:laugh:

CynthiaSillitoe
07-29-2012, 01:11 PM
Some moos and moo houses:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7318/small/1_729moosandhouse.jpg

minnkel
07-29-2012, 01:44 PM
And here are three more available for trade from today.

Cherry Blossom
Circle Flight
Poppy Parade

Suze
07-29-2012, 02:45 PM
a chunky from me, (only thing English is the word "cheers" :) )
I love danglies and will add them for you if you wish.

"Cheers"

Moosecastle
07-29-2012, 02:56 PM
Two more with Peter Rabbit

a. Do You Have Carrot Tea?
b. One Ticket, Please

KESagers
07-29-2012, 02:58 PM
Howdy everyone! I am working on some London themed cards. Just watched Dressage - never enough equestrian for me.

I have a question. Doesn anyone know the story behind the "Keep Calm" signs?

Moosecastle
07-29-2012, 02:59 PM
Keep Calm and...

1. Keep Calm and Carry On
2. Keep Calm and Kiss Me
3. Closing Time
4. SHOPPING!
5. Mystery in Baker Street

KESagers
07-29-2012, 03:41 PM
Love your cards Mooscastle! Here is a link with a video history of Keep Calm - great story:

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/the-story-of-keep-calm-and-carry-onvia-notcot-167263

KESagers
07-29-2012, 04:18 PM
A series of sticker collages. The dimensional embellishments have made it difficult to scan these but I had fun making them.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/small/1_The_Party_Bus.jpg
The Party Bus-traded

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/small/1_Underground.jpg
Underground - traded

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/small/1_On-Guard.jpg
On Guard-traded

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/small/1_A-Royal-Celebration.jpg
A Royal Celebration - traded

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/small/1_Who-Needs-Cell-Phones.jpg
Who Needs Cell Phones?!

KittyNL
07-29-2012, 04:33 PM
Here is a link with a video history of Keep Calm - great story:

I always wondered what it was all about. Thanks! :notworthy:

KittyNL
07-29-2012, 04:34 PM
Goodnight all, I am going to bed. Tomorrow is another day! I have to work tomorrow, so it will be later!

Marryth
07-29-2012, 04:49 PM
Back from work, with two ATCs for now. :cute: As always, happy to trade!

sharlene54
07-29-2012, 05:31 PM
two London theme cards:

8L(chunky that needs embellishments)
9L(traded)

cards are in my gallery

prayer_at_night
07-29-2012, 05:31 PM
Yay, I won yesterday! <3
That means I get a gift from Neener and send one to today's winner... right???
(If so... *rushes off to tell Neener to waaaaaaaiiiit with sending the letter to me!!!*)

Beautiful creations, everybody! *basks in all the eyecandy*

Also, my London card:
221b Baker Street
(available, and I'd love to trade! <3 ... EDIT: traded! :D)

sharlene54
07-29-2012, 05:37 PM
Great London creations everyone.

I might try one more.

Joss
07-29-2012, 05:44 PM
Love that Sherlock!
Am off to bed- see you all tomorrow. Have fun while I snore! xx

jo.on.the.go
07-29-2012, 05:44 PM
I'm slow off the starting block...but here are 3 of London
Tower Bridge TRADED
Red Bus passing Big Ben TRADED
Harrods - the ultimate shopping experience TRADED

Marryth
07-29-2012, 06:07 PM
Four more, and all are available. :cute:

sharlene54
07-29-2012, 06:10 PM
Hi Jo-Welcome. Your cards are great, as are yours, Marryth.

My last London card--

10L

card in my gallery

Just Ducky
07-29-2012, 06:12 PM
boy London is busting out all over.... such a great stack of London cards ...
I tore my crafty area UP.. looking for London stuff... I knew I some stickers but where....
not really a sticker kinda gal, but you do what ya gotta do... and unlike our JO.. above me, my drawing of London just ain't gonna cut it....:wideeyed:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_olympics_atart_london_11.jpg.. # 11

Marryth
07-29-2012, 06:12 PM
Thanks for your kind words, guys! I'm really loving the eye candy on this thread. :)

Moosecastle - thank you so much for hosting this! It's made for great inspiration. It's definitely getting me crafting more, which is great. :D

Just Ducky
07-29-2012, 06:25 PM
well that was interesting... was trying to load my cards and hit a wrong key on the keyboard somewhere... so I had to close out (that wasen't easy either) and power up again and figure what I did wrong.. finally got going in the right direction.. pheww...
so here are my other 2 London cards...

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_olympics_atart_london_12.jpg..... # 12 (TRADED) http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_olympics_atart_london_13.jpg..... # 13

Marryth
07-29-2012, 06:40 PM
London inchies finished - happy to trade!

RobbyGirl
07-29-2012, 06:53 PM
Well I'm only managing one card a day...LOL so here's mine for today.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/small/1_7.29.12_ATC_Horse_2.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3883/1_7.29.12_ATC_Horse_2.jpg)

calluna
07-29-2012, 06:54 PM
I don't think I'll manage any London-themed things...I try not to think about London very much because the longing to go there would become too strong! :) I was fortunate to visit Great Britain in the early '90s, and I'd love to return someday (especially now that I have internet-friends there!), but I'm trying to travel to places I've never been before returning to the wonderful places I have already visited. And for now I hardly have the funds to travel within my own state, let alone internationally.
Anyway, here are a couple off-theme cards I finished...

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2668/small/20_atc_001.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2668/small/35_atc.jpg

Marryth
07-29-2012, 07:01 PM
Time for me to attend to housework - I'm done crafting for tonight, I think. (Why can't housework do itself?) My last two twinchies for the night are complete. Happy to trade, as always. :) See you folks tomorrow for rubber stamping mania!

sharlene54
07-29-2012, 07:49 PM
good night, marryth.

I need to also do some housework, but I'll find any excuse not to.
Actually, I'm going to do some food shopping before the night is over.

No more creations tonight.

Suze
07-29-2012, 09:21 PM
yikes , the H word. :) (housework)

did a London Olympics one. the yellow around edges is not part of card.(Traded, thanks!)

dsign49
07-29-2012, 09:22 PM
Well I finally got some finished...have been spending alot of time watching the Volley Ball today... I made a couple Bond James Bonds cards ( Encore movie channels have had him on all month because it is 50 years.) and a Hobbit card too.
105798 # 8

105799 # 9

105800 # 10

105801 # 11

dsign49
07-29-2012, 09:29 PM
My last ones for tonight...
105803 # 12

105804 # 13

105805 # 14 TRADED

KESagers
07-29-2012, 10:19 PM
I see more great cards appearing while I can't tear myself away from the games. Fabulous art everyone!

Jewels
07-30-2012, 12:10 AM
I'm having trouble posting here tonight for some reason but here goes. Two more.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Butterflies-_Flutterby.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Flowers-_Sending_Flowers.jpg

Jewels
07-30-2012, 12:11 AM
Yay! It finally worked.

miloccpep
07-30-2012, 12:57 AM
Day 4 - Rubber Stamping. Tried this new technique (new for me, anyway) and managed 1 successful one out of 3!
Paris:Stamping on acrylic background.

Moosecastle
07-30-2012, 01:07 AM
Winner Sunday 29 July: CherylS ! (PM address please)

Status gold medal: still in are KittyNL, Neener, miloccpep, Marryth, Joss, CherylS, sharlene54, prayer_at_night and JustDucky.

Status silver medal: Marryth 68, miloccpep 18 and tied in third are Jewels 14 and Joss 14.

Thank you all for the wonderful creations - I have gotten plenty of inspiration for future projects:)

Monday 31 July: Rubber Stamping

miloccpep
07-30-2012, 02:19 AM
Flower & Butterfly: Stamping on text background.

miloccpep
07-30-2012, 04:21 AM
Lily and I: Stamp and collage on Inkpad stamping background.

Joss
07-30-2012, 04:52 AM
Morning all, miloccpep, you did so well for your first attempt.I thought you were gonna fold some Big Bens for us! LOL. I am going out with my DIL and grandchildren today- so will be back later to do some stamping- not my forte at all. Lotsa gorgeous cards. Jojo you are a star! And love all the red buses I see. I live here but don't have any Lonfon stickers, ha ha.

miloccpep
07-30-2012, 04:59 AM
Joss my fren, if I know how, I would have! I have nothing of London, come to think of it! No Big Ben, no Bridge, no Beefeater, and what's his name standing guard in front of the palace?! I have only the postage stamp of the Q.
Right now the heat is getting to me. I have rashes due to perspiration! Imagine that! LOL!

miloccpep
07-30-2012, 05:45 AM
Perch:Stamping on acrylic background. traded

miloccpep
07-30-2012, 07:25 AM
Chrysanthemum & Summer Butterfly: Stamping on acrylic background. touched up w glitter and white gel pen.
This was one of the 'failed' piece I did earlier in the day.

vero
07-30-2012, 09:37 AM
These are stamped inchies on a distress ink background... This is the summer flip-flop collection :

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7702/small/1_DSCI0108.JPG

You can't see on the picture but there is yellow glimmer-mist on them, so it's a shinny summer !!

Jewels
07-30-2012, 09:58 AM
Good Morning! or whatever.
Here are a few cards I was going to post yesterday but the site wouldn't let me.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Flag_Waver.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_London_Mascots_2012.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_London_2012.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_A_Spot_of_Tea.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Dogs-_I_Envy_My_Dog_s_Life.jpg

sniisk
07-30-2012, 10:15 AM
Hi all! You have been very creative. I've been making some cards today and can continue tomorrow. I'll upload them a bit later.

CherylS
07-30-2012, 10:47 AM
I made a bunch of beach houses.

All are traded.

Marryth
07-30-2012, 10:58 AM
Good morning, everyone! Here are my first few crafty bits for today's theme - the backgrounds and letters are stamped on these inchies. As always, happy to trade!

I have ideas for some ATCs - will hopefully get a chance to make some later! I should probably eat something first, hah!

prayer_at_night
07-30-2012, 11:08 AM
Hello everybody! :D
Wow, I love what you all have been posting!

My first entries for today: A set of three inchies, handdrawn backgrounds and gel pen stuff, stamped images. :)
Available, and I love to trade! <3

I think I'll make a few moos with slightly bigger stamps later. :)

Marryth
07-30-2012, 11:31 AM
Finished a pair of rubber-stamped cupcake ATCs - happy to trade!

Neener
07-30-2012, 12:08 PM
I survived the weekend and am back in force! All of these are stamped, some have hand drawing added in and they are done in wax.

sharlene54
07-30-2012, 12:13 PM
Hi everyone. I had lots of errands today. I need to clean and dust, but whose looking.

Vero, I love those inchies. I think I have those stamps. I'm going to look for them.

Jewels, I like that flag waver, cute cards.

Hi, Sniik!

sharlene54
07-30-2012, 12:15 PM
I missed lots of posts. I forgot to go to the last page of the thread. Great art EVERYONE!!!

tammybeck
07-30-2012, 12:32 PM
yeah!

Marryth
07-30-2012, 01:07 PM
A couple more rubber stamped ATCs from me - happy to trade, as always. :cute:

sniisk
07-30-2012, 01:25 PM
Here are my first cards.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_62.jpg ATART #1

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_66.jpg ATART #2

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_79.jpg ATART #3

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_110.jpg ATART #4 TRADED

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_53.jpg ATART #5 TRADED

KittyNL
07-30-2012, 01:48 PM
I did some stamping today. I must admit that I never used the big stamps before.... I bought a grab bag once and they were in there, but never even tried them. Until today!

14. Stamped dragonflies
15. True love
16. Play
17. The Kiss

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_Olympic_a_thon_14.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_Olympic_a_thon_15.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_Olympic_a_thon_16.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_Olympic_a_thon_17.jpg

Marryth
07-30-2012, 01:49 PM
And some butterfly ATCs. I'm having fun attacking things with glimmer mist. :cute:

Suze
07-30-2012, 02:41 PM
LOL Kitty, I know what you mean, I've been collecting stamps (just cause :)
but never used them, I've spent most of the day stamping and just playing. I've decided I LOVE STAMPS!

Hi Sanna, glad to see you playing!

first one for today,

"Thank You God"

CynthiaSillitoe
07-30-2012, 03:00 PM
I made a few moos today, but probably I'll wait until tomorrow to scan.

Lovely work, everyone!

Joss
07-30-2012, 03:54 PM
Umm stamping is not my forte, so I only managed this one, after lots of frustration. Grrr. Will wait till tomorrow to play more. Love all you gals are doing-Kitty love the 'kiss' and Neener you are on fire gal!

105872 New baby

prayer_at_night
07-30-2012, 04:03 PM
Yay, everytime I look here, more amazing art has appeared! <3
I'm loving this artsy Olypics more than the sporty one, right now. *is disappointed in the German athletes*

My second offering today: Two Moos, handdrawn Copic Marker background, bird stamp, finished with some pink, silver, gold and white gel pen. :)
(Colours are brighter in reality, but the scanner didn't see the pink *at all*, so you get a dim photo instead. ^^)
These are available and I'd love to trade them!

Marryth
07-30-2012, 04:23 PM
This is probably my last Athon contribution for tonight - off to drop off the kids with my parents and go see the new Batman movie with hubby shortly. As always, I'm happy to trade! :cute: (The colors are brighter in person.)

KESagers
07-30-2012, 04:23 PM
Enjoying all the stamped art!

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Olympic-Butterflies.jpg
Olympic Butterflies - traded

Butterflies were stamped in the ring colors and then punched with a coordinating punch and mounted on white cardstock.

sharlene54
07-30-2012, 04:38 PM
I finished threee stamped cards. I used glimmer mist and alcohol inks as backgrounds.

11L
12L(traded)
13L(traded)

cards are in my gallery

HotMamaRama
07-30-2012, 05:38 PM
Hi all! Been popping in to see what you all are creating! So many fun takes on the Olympics - loving it!

I did finally get to create a little yesterday, but it mostly ended up being teaching my kids how to paint portraits on canvases. They had a blast and I love how their pictures came out. My son went with a more stylized orange guy in camo (he's 6) and my daughter (she's 9) did a self portrait of sorts! It was fun but other than using up some of the left over acrylics in some art journals, I haven't gotten anything else done. boo hoo.

:) I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU ALL ARE MAKING! :) Hopefully I'll get some time later in the week to make some stuff to trade.

CherylS
07-30-2012, 06:03 PM
My stamped cards are done. First time ever. I'm covered in ink.
1. yellow bird
2. red bird
3. blue bird
4. ebb tide

CynthiaSillitoe
07-30-2012, 06:13 PM
moooooos

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7318/large/1_730moos.jpg

jo.on.the.go
07-30-2012, 06:43 PM
Today's theme - rubber stamping. I REALLY extended myself on this one. I had some tulip rubber stamps, and I gave them a try. Only, they looked so faded out, and indistinct, so I added collage leaves and petals as well and added my "trademark" black lines. I numbered them 1 - 5- you can see the numbers in the ATART gallery. Like I said...different for me. I probably wasn't doing the stamping the right way!
Only one left is at the bottom right - others are traded

Just Ducky
07-30-2012, 08:45 PM
Cheryl... ya did super on your stamped cards... I think I used up a black ink pad before I ever got my first one right..
although I have many stamps I still forget to use them... and JO... what ever you did to make these YOURs, they came out beautiful...

so this is my first 3... and got more to scan.. see I got started and now can't stop...

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_olympics_atart_14.jpg... stamped.. card #14

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_olympics_atart_15.jpg... # 15 http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_olympics_atart_16.jpg... #16

KESagers
07-30-2012, 08:45 PM
Fabulous stamped art!

Stamping is my thing but I'm going in slow motion today. . .

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_A-Single-Bloom.jpg
A Single Bloom - traded

KESagers
07-30-2012, 09:33 PM
An original photo of my little kitty Kona, digitally altered and turned into a stamp. Stamped in the Olympic colors, cut out and affixed to a plain white background in the same order as the Olympic rings.

Here is the thread that explains how you can order your own custom stamps:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22749

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Kona-goes-Olympic.jpg
Kona goes Olympic

KESagers
07-30-2012, 09:39 PM
Hand stamped and watercolored. The little flower pops with foam tape behind it.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Tea-for-Two.jpg
Tea for Two

Just Ducky
07-30-2012, 09:58 PM
KES.... thanks for the stamp link... have saved it for future look see...
and this is my final of stamped cards... a couple mouse ones I made 2 of, just different color mouse fur...
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_olympics_atart_17.jpg...... soft ride... (TRADED)(http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_olympics_atart_18.jpg.... Gray mouse.... #18 http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_olympics_atart_19.jpg... Brown mouse... #19

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_olympics_atart_20.jpg... mouse in Brown fur...#(TRADED) http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_olympics_atart_21.jpg... mousie in gray fur....(TRADED)

Just Ducky
07-30-2012, 10:00 PM
ok.. I done.. got to go watch the men gym stuff.... see ya all tomorrow.. Nite KES...

KESagers
07-30-2012, 10:06 PM
Nite Ducky - your mouse cards are adorable! I am also watching the gymnastics now - should be getting ready for bed but I can't tear myself away.

miloccpep
07-30-2012, 10:47 PM
Anyone can help me with the name for the seashell? Am leaving the roof empty to add some names? Maybe?
Shell House:
Nature House: Flower, Butterfly, Birds.