PDA

View Full Version : Mid-Week STICKER-A-THON

KESagers
10-04-2012, 09:38 AM
You asked and we have answered! :) :) :)

A mid-week STICKER-A-THON is planned for

Wednesday, October 10th - Saturday, October 13th

We'll start at 12:01 am Wednesday and end midnight on Saturday.

Just Ducky and KESagers will host.

There are many beautiful stickers...
that can be used for ATCs......Inchies.... Chunkies and all kinds of fun art...just make sure there is a sticker stuck somewhere on your art. (Homemade stickers count too.)

The rules are simple - somewhere on your art there must be a sticker and yes - postage stamps and rub-ons count! So you can do a bit of prep work before YOUR start time, but shouldn't make any cards till your start time...

Who is ready to play?

KESagers
10-04-2012, 10:52 AM
If I have counted correctly we have 4 marathons coming up and they are all close together. And then the holidays are upon us. I am going to need to hold onto my trades and do one big mailng after Sniik's APC-a-thon in November. That will help save on postage especially with chunkies in the mix. Please let me know when we trade if this is a problem otherwise I will assume that it is OK with you if I bundle everything at the end.

CynthiaSillitoe
10-04-2012, 11:21 AM
Sounds good. I will probably do a lot of bundling. I just found some great stickers for this!

KESagers
10-04-2012, 12:31 PM
Yay! Glad you can join us!

dsign49
10-04-2012, 01:02 PM
Sounds good.

sharlene54
10-04-2012, 01:24 PM
Thanks for the invite. I would like to join in. Time management will be in charge of what new swaps or marathons I join. As the saying goes, time will tell.

Wil Opio Oguta
10-04-2012, 01:38 PM
If I have time, I will play :-)

KESagers
10-04-2012, 02:06 PM
Welcome Dsign49, Sharlene54 and Wil Opio Oguta! Hope you can play! :)

Linda4atc
10-04-2012, 03:04 PM
Hmm I think I few interesting stickers I could use. I may or may not play. My husband is home on vacation an I am spending quality time.

Ibus
10-04-2012, 03:21 PM
I'll try and play. Need to get myself organised now I'm back home. I've been tangling for the last two weeks, as that's easy to cart around ;)

Suze
10-04-2012, 03:58 PM
:jiggy: Oh yeah! count me in. I've been saving stickers since last athon. (my daughter had a friend whose Mom was closing her stampbook store, and I got some Susan Branch stickers that are usually sold on the roll. hooray!)
thanks Kes and Ducks!
gonna be fun..

dmnh
10-04-2012, 06:29 PM
Thanks for the invite! I'm uncertain as to whether I will be able to play or not but if I get my cutting room back in order by then, I'll know what I have in the line of stickers to play with.

Big cleaning ordeal fixin' to commence on that cutting room in the next few days. Cutting room is where all the supplies and the paper cutter are kept. I am installing wall to wall shelving to accommodate all the stuff scattered on every surface in that room at the moment. It's a big ordeal but, man! will it be nice to get it organized!

Moosecastle
10-05-2012, 12:37 AM
I'm in:)

sniisk
10-05-2012, 01:36 AM
I would love to play but I'm working... Aaaaaaggrhhh! Maybe I can still check what you are making then :).

Donnacr
10-05-2012, 03:11 AM
I will definitely be in this - may be a bit slow to start as Oct 10th is the day I start a new job. Nervous energy will probably help me stay up well into the night . . . so that will work :yes:

Amapola
10-05-2012, 04:20 AM
Oh, that's a fun idea! I have lots of cool stickers that I haven't gotten to use much lately. I'll try to go sticker crafty at least one of those days!

KESagers
10-05-2012, 09:17 AM
Linda - enjoy your time with your husband - I know it's precious.

Ibus and Suze - so glad you can play!

Sarafina - I know how it is - maybe you can play next time.

Dmnh - sounds like you are rocking out that cutting room - you go!

Mooscaslte, Donnacr, Amapola so glad you can "stick around" with us! And Donnacr congrats on the new job!!!!!

Hang in there Sniisk - you've been working hard - we'll be glad to see you if you can pop in for a visit.

marilou
10-05-2012, 10:09 AM
See what I can do, I have some stickers wandering around. Wednesday 10th is my wedding anniversary, so I will start on the 11th...if no obstruction of any kind comes my way. Thanks for the invite!

KESagers
10-05-2012, 01:52 PM
Happy Anniversary!!! :)

marilou
10-05-2012, 01:55 PM
Thanks KES! We will be together for...one, two three.....44 years!
A question, does a cutout soloured stamp is considered a "sticker"?

KESagers
10-05-2012, 02:06 PM
Congratulations!

This is how I would define a homemade sticker: If you have stamped it on label or sticker paper or if you run it through your Xyron sticker maker then it's a sticker. I think this is how we have defined it in the past. I know it's a loose definition but we've always wanted to just keep this fun and create an opportunity to use something that is often frowned upon.

Please don't hesitate to ask any questions - it's always helpful!

Cherie
10-05-2012, 04:28 PM
I think I'm a sticker addict..... of course I will try to play!

KESagers
10-05-2012, 07:26 PM
Yay Cherie! Sticker addicts welcome and you are in good company.

Cathy1
10-05-2012, 10:45 PM
I'm looking at all the stickers I have and wondering.............LOL

Just Ducky
10-05-2012, 11:23 PM
yea... teaser sticker post... Kristin, you know its been a long long time since we have highlighted the frail STICKER... power to the stickers of the world... diggin' out my co-host cap and I is ready...

Sanna... I sure hope you drop in on us, dang gal, you working too hard...
and so glad to see many of my sticky friends gonna come play..

marilou
10-06-2012, 06:30 AM
one of my backgrounds, but now I am cutting it up to make stickers
110162 110163

even preparing an Athon is a lot of fun :biglaugh:

Suze
10-06-2012, 11:11 AM
getting backgrounds ready for wed. plus getting my "I owe stuff" outa the way.
I love stickers and I love stamping. If used artfully , I think both of these are useful parts of a mixed media piece...or can even stand on its own.
SO, the question is, Can we do "stickering and stampering" ?

ah, heck....I think this question is dummmmmb. I say, Do Art That makes you happy!!!!!!!
happy art is contagious. happy art is in your face art.
Power to HAPPY ART!

whew....I think I just had a flashback to 1968. :wideeyed::cool::laugh:

marilou
10-06-2012, 01:44 PM
Hi Suze, flowerpower girl?

CynthiaSillitoe
10-06-2012, 05:29 PM
getting backgrounds ready for wed. plus getting my "I owe stuff" outa the way.
I love stickers and I love stamping. If used artfully , I think both of these are useful parts of a mixed media piece...or can even stand on its own.
SO, the question is, Can we do "stickering and stampering" ?

ah, heck....I think this question is dummmmmb. I say, Do Art That makes you happy!!!!!!!
happy art is contagious. happy art is in your face art.
Power to HAPPY ART!

whew....I think I just had a flashback to 1968. :wideeyed::cool::laugh:

Who's going to stop us? :biglaugh:

I found some gorgeous rosť stickers that I need to not lose in the avalanche before then. And I just got some great borders. I also need to root around a little. I know I have more.

What I love about sticker-a-thons is the converts. You know, people who didn't think stickers could be art and then become one of us. Happens every time!

miloccpep
10-06-2012, 11:14 PM
Hey! don't forget moi! I am back on the scene after being absent for 1 whole month of no-arting!!
I still have some stickers in the box and a couple of new ones as well.
See you on 10th!

ceejay
10-06-2012, 11:33 PM
Oh ... alright ... I'll join my second a-thon. Not sure how much time I'll get on-line ... but I already have a few cards started.

Just Ducky
10-06-2012, 11:55 PM
Miloccpep... hey gal, sure glad you back to arting... miss ya kid...
ceejay.... oh you getting ahead of me... I still haven't even started thinking
Cynitha... yes, power to the poor sticker... they sure do get a bad rap... but with thought and love they are a power player.
Suze... love your new name... and yes, sticker and stamping are a super go together.. as KESagers wrote, you can stamp on, like a address label and ya got a sticker .... cool...
Mariloupatch... dang, I love your background paper being made into such beautiful leaf stickers... might play around with YOUR idea... if ya don't mind ???

marilou
10-07-2012, 12:54 AM
Thats just fine Ducky, I got the idea by accident. Dropped a stamp on the background
paper ...et voila. Love the leafs. Today I will check my stamps and try to make some backgrounds for them :biglaugh: the other way around, should work do you think?

KESagers
10-07-2012, 06:52 AM
That sounds like a great idea!

trini70
10-07-2012, 10:33 AM
I like the sticker-a-thons! Will try to get some made.

Sounds like I need to go check out the a-thon calendar.

prayer_at_night
10-07-2012, 01:20 PM
Looks like you started this as a gift for me as it starts on my birthday! :biglaugh:

I'm not sure how much time I'll have - my mom will be in hospital once again... - but I will definitely try to play! Stickers are awesome. <3

CynthiaSillitoe
10-07-2012, 02:44 PM
Hope you can get time to play or at least tune in for a bit of distraction. Best wishes for your mom!

KESagers
10-07-2012, 08:00 PM
Welcome Trini! I'll be keeping your mom in my prayers and thoughts Prayer-at-night.

prayer_at_night
10-07-2012, 08:09 PM
Thank you, ladies! <3
She has had so many surgeries these last few years... and still, every time I'm worried she mightn't wake up. ;_; But she *has* to this time - her surgery is on Tuesday, and she wouldn't ruin my birthday the next day. *shaky laugh*

:cry:

marilou
10-08-2012, 02:57 AM
All the best of luck for you and your mom Sarah, will be thinking of you.

Just Ducky
10-08-2012, 01:49 PM
super, we have a marathon AND it's Sarah Birthday... gonna make some cupcakes to pass around ..

don't forget ladies to post your pretties in the A-Thon Gallery and ALSO in the marathon thread..
the A-Thon Gallery is always a quick way to look see all cards that have been posted ...

KESagers
10-08-2012, 04:17 PM
I am closing this thread. Please join us here:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1306174#post1306174

See you at the official thread!