PDA

View Full Version : New Jersey, New York, Penna. folks- want to get together to play?

Patti M
10-16-2012, 10:49 AM
Our get-together for the weekend of June1 &2 has to be rescheduled for the Fall. Hope a few more can make it then!! I am located in Central Jersey ( truly, check the map- halfway down and right in the middle) in Howell, NJ and would LOVE to get together with some NE art friends this Fall or Winter. Anyone interested?

jennschales
02-18-2013, 04:54 PM
I'm in Chesterfield NJ... Would love a get together!

sharlene54
02-18-2013, 07:29 PM
I live in northern Bergen County. I would love to get together.

Patti M
03-31-2013, 11:08 PM
I am sorry that I was unable to respond earlier but my hometown in NY was one of the places hardest hit by Hurricane Sandy and I have been helping family memebers and friends with their homes on and off since then! I am going to try to put together a get- together for either May 18th or 19th. I will take a quick poll to see if we can get some people to attend!

artrageous
04-01-2013, 10:42 AM
Hey Patti... If you want to do it in our area, your welcome to use my home, if that helps.. I have plenty of room inside/outside... Just throwing it our there.

Patti M
04-01-2013, 10:32 PM
That might just be wonderful- and fun!! I have a townhouse so space is limited. We'll see if we get any takers!! I would love to see you again as well!

sharlene54
04-01-2013, 11:34 PM
I live in north east NJ, Bergen County. I would love to join the fun. I'll keep in touch for more info. Thanks for organizing. Let me know if I can be of help.

midnitecreations
04-02-2013, 08:03 AM
You know I want to play!!

Patti M
04-15-2013, 10:17 PM
Okay folks! I think I would like to plan a Saturday and/or Sunday weekend in May to get together. People can attend either one, or both, dates. So which would you prefer-
May 11th-12th, or May 17th-18th? Please reply and let me know!!

Patti M
04-15-2013, 10:27 PM
Hey there NJ, Pa, NY, and other local art fiends!!- oops! Friends!! I need some input here. I would love to do a weekend in May where people can attend one, or both, days to gather and make art, conversation, and mayhem!! (my specialty!) These are the 2 weekends I was thinking of so I need help to choose which one works best for most folks. Please take a minute and think about it and reply with your first choice- thanks!!
May 11th-12th or May 18th -19th?

midnitecreations
04-15-2013, 10:48 PM
May 11th works great for me. The other weekend, I'll have to reschedule a few things.

sharlene54
04-16-2013, 12:15 AM
Either weekend would be ok for me. Are there any motels near by if we decide a weekend?

artrageous
04-18-2013, 08:10 PM
Either works for me at this point. Depending on where you plan on having it I could look up hotels for people.. There's a ton down here at the shore

sharlene54
04-18-2013, 09:37 PM
May 12th is Mother's Day. I wouldn't be able to come that weekend. My son is coming for the weekend and we usually celebrate with the family that Sun. And my husband's family.

The following weekend would be better for me. I didn't realize it would be Mother's Day.

Patti M
04-19-2013, 05:35 PM
Actually Sharlene I forgot it was Mother's Day weekend on the 12th- sorry!! I have just received an invitation to do a jewelry showing on the next weekend , and then of course the following weekend is Memorial Day weekend!! So it looks like June might be a better month to plan in. The only date I see on the calendar is Father's Day on the 16th so we have June 1&2, or 8&9, or 22&23. Anybody have a preference?

Patti M
04-19-2013, 05:37 PM
Tracy (Artrageous) if you check around you for hotel rates I will check Freehold and Lakewood as well.

sharlene54
04-19-2013, 06:44 PM
I think that either of the first two weekends would be fine for me. I think that it would be better to meet before school lets out for the summer. There would be less traffic when traveling.

jo.on.the.go
04-21-2013, 12:52 PM
Either weekend would be possible for me, but later in the month would be better. I am currently in London visiting Joss and won't be back into the US until May 8 and I will need a few days to recuperate.

Patti M
04-23-2013, 08:45 PM
Okay- So I just got through talking with Midnite Creations (Renu W.) who is joining us for our art weekend. We discussed dates and settled on the weekend of June 1&2 for the get-together!! Hope you can all make it!!

midnitecreations
04-23-2013, 09:20 PM
Thank you Patti. I can't wait to see you again!

sharlene54
04-24-2013, 09:19 AM
Sounds good to me. It's on my calendar. Thanks.

Laffqueen
04-27-2013, 03:01 AM
I'm in CT but I'd love to come.

artrageous
04-27-2013, 09:13 AM
I haven't abandon this thread, just been crazy busy. I will check hotels around here too, did you decide on the location, I can try to check hotels closest to it.

Patti M
05-11-2013, 05:56 PM
I'm in CT but I'd love to come.

We would love to have you come down this way!

Patti M
05-11-2013, 05:57 PM
For anyone looking to google the area my home is located at , Howell, NJ 07731. It is in Monmouth County in central NJ.

jo.on.the.go
05-13-2013, 10:10 AM
I'm pretty sure I will be able to make it. Sounds like fun.

Laffqueen
05-13-2013, 10:30 AM
Please let me know the activities and times. I will try up attend part of the events.

sharlene54
05-13-2013, 10:35 AM
I plan to attend. I would also like to have an idea about where to meet and some of the activities.

Patti M
05-17-2013, 03:38 PM
Okay ladies I will try to write it up this weekend and get it posted for you!!

Patti M
05-20-2013, 11:38 PM
As of right now I am planning on hosting the weekend at my townhouse home in central NJ. Tracy (Artrageous), who lives about 10 minutes away from me in Brick, NJ, also mentioned using her home so I will check with her as to maybe going there for Sunday's meeting. But for right now the tentative schedule is as such
Saturday, June 1st-
11am-12noon- Convene at #14 Finch Rd, Howell- we will start off with a little informal meet and greet lunch in my home. I am hoping the weather cooperates for us to be able to eat and work outdoors on my back deck as well as inside.

After lunch I was thinking of focusing our art for the first day on ATC's and /or chunkie pages with a summer, vacations, or beach themes. Think hot summer days at the beach , or at your favorite mountain retreat. As summer approaches I think we can all use some good summer vibes this year!!

Sunday, June2nd-We will meet again between 11-12 oclock at either my home or Tracy's. We will discuss this and let you all know before hand.
I was hoping to do some additional little workshops on Sunday. 1) Making charms for charm swaps or use on Chunkie pages. We can use many materials to make these charms- I have received charms made from game pieces, scrabble tiles, buttons, mounted inchies, ...etc. 2) Bottle cap pendants or charms- I have bottle caps available as I use them sometimes for my jewelry work and they are fun to work with. I have a 1" circle punch to cut images for these, so if you have a favorite small image bring it along, otherwise we will draw images or use ones I have.

If anyone has any project they would like to work on just let me know- I am flexible. So if there is something you want to learn or share- feel free to adjust these plans with us.

Some ladies asked about hotels- there are none in my town that I would recommend but 10 miles away in Freehold, NJ or Lakewood, NJ there are some . Unfortunately Summer at the Jersey Shore area is never cheap b ut if you book a room this week you may be able to get an advance booking discount, some have AAA or AARP discounts as well. If you choose to book a room I suggest you call and ask the hotel what they are offering.
Freehold, NJ-
Radisson Freehold- $169./night
Lakewood, NJ-
Hilton GArden Inn- $161/night when you book and pay 7days in advance. $179 if booked less than 7 days ahead.
Best Western Liesure Inn-$125./night
Wall, NJ-
Courtyard by Marriot- $149./night

Howell, NJ is centrally located in NJ- we are 15miles West from the beaches of Belmar, NJ and 12 miles East of the front gate of Six Flags Great Adventure. So if you are thinking of making a weekend of it and want to hit some of the sights as well , we have plenty to do here. There are some hotels located right off I-95(NJTpk) which are only 1 exit north of the I-195 corridor, which you take from either the GSP or I-95 to get to my home. There was only one that was somewhat affordable that weekend-
Days Inn- East Windsor- $93./night if booked 7days in advance/ $109./night less than 7 days in advance.

Lots of information to digest- if you need any help with any of this- feel free to contact me!

midnitecreations
05-21-2013, 12:01 AM
Sounds like a fun and relaxing weekend!

artrageous
05-21-2013, 01:06 AM
Do you have a head count?

Laffqueen
05-21-2013, 06:54 AM
Big Question: Do you have cats? I am highly allergic and it could curtail my plans. If I am able to make it on Saturday I will bring encaustic wax to demonstrate and alcohol ink techniques. Shall we order in for lunch or do you want us to bring something for the group?

midnitecreations
05-21-2013, 09:45 PM
Laffqueen, I know she has a cute little terrier dog and no cats. I've never played wit5h encaustic wax and would love to see a demo.

sharlene54
05-21-2013, 10:04 PM
Has anyone made plans to stay in a motel? If so, which one? We could party!!

Patti M
05-21-2013, 10:38 PM
I am proud to say I have a Cairn Terrier which is one of the dogs on the low allergy list. He has a brindle Wheaten duo coat that is hair, not fur. He will be brushed well before anyone gets here. He is due for his grooming next week so he will be a little shaved rat dog!!http://www.flickr.com/photos/pjmclnj/8772490887

Patti M
05-21-2013, 10:43 PM
Laffqueen- I think you will be doing enough just taking the time to drive from Ct. to come play with us so nothing else is necessary, but thank you! I will say that if you have a favorite snack you like while you are working (mine is Twizzlers- embarassing- but there it is!) feel free to bring it along. Hope you will be able to make it!!
Patti M

Patti M
05-21-2013, 10:47 PM
As of right now we should have attending -
Me
Midnite Creations (Renu)
Artrageous (Tracy)
Sharlene 54
Jo On The Go
Laffqueen (Esta)
Unfortunately Kesagers is unable to join us as she has been ill lately and is still in the recovery phase.

sharlene54
05-22-2013, 09:09 AM
Is anyone planning to stay overnight?? I could bring some kind of snacky cook, if you like.

Patti M
05-22-2013, 03:10 PM
Right now only Renu is staying- but she is staying in my home for the weekend. We are old traveling buddies!! Unfortunately due to the size of my home I can only offer an air mattress to anyone else at this point- but if you don't mind the floor....

sharlene54
05-22-2013, 04:12 PM
I totally understand, I really didn't think I would stay at your house. I am wondering if others plan to stay in a motel or perhaps I'll come for 1 day.

jo.on.the.go
05-23-2013, 07:37 AM
Bad news....I won't be able to make it to the event. I am watching my grandson for two weeks. Have fun everybody!

Patti M
05-23-2013, 08:17 AM
Sorry to hear that Jo. I was looking forward to seeing you again. Hopefully we can get together again soon!

Patti M
05-27-2013, 10:09 PM
If anyone needs my home address to find us Sat &/or Sunday please pm me!! Thanks, Patti M

Patti M
05-27-2013, 10:14 PM
As of now we are a small group, which should be fun!

Me
Midnite Creations (Renu)
Artrageous (Tracy)
Sharlene 54
Laffqueen (Esta)- if she can make it from Ct.

If anyone is interested in making a day of it, weather permitting we can do dinner by the beach somewhere if you'd like to do a bit of the Jersey Shore. We can decide that later.

Patti M
05-28-2013, 03:02 PM
Well, after today's messages I believe we will have to cancel this weekend for our get-together. As of right now only Tracy and I are free for the weekend. Summer gets busy and 2 of the ladies have medical emergencies in their families. After speaking with them they are hoping we can maybe try for the Fall as a meet-up alternate. Sounds good to me- I'm not going anywhere!!

Laffqueen
06-02-2013, 06:28 AM
Great! I hope to make it then!