PDA

View Full Version : Christmas-a-thon

sniisk
12-02-2012, 05:42 AM
Hi all!

We are having a Christmas-a-thon on December 6-9. It is open for everyone and we are creating all kind of art in this theme. You can finish your Christmas cards, amke ATCs and APCs for trade, make new Christmas decorations etc.

I'll start the official thread on Wednesday morning (my timezone) so it will be available when you can start :).

marilou
12-02-2012, 06:23 AM
This is a ,planned long time ago. very busy week-end for me, but I'll see what I can do. Have to make some Christmas cards anyway.

sniisk
12-02-2012, 06:24 AM
Hi Marilou! I have been very busy all the time since august and now I'm trying to relax some days. I hope I can do it :wideeyed:.

Moosecastle
12-02-2012, 06:34 AM
I'll try to look in ;)

FlyingPhoenix
12-02-2012, 07:07 AM
A Christmas a-thon sounds like just what I need. Hopefully I'll get to really play!

Wil Opio Oguta
12-02-2012, 08:17 AM
I'll be there :-)

adifferentstory
12-02-2012, 10:00 AM
Well i'm making jewellery at the moment. My art stuff is upstairs so can't get up there to work. So i'll make some jewellery and hopefully someone will want to trade for that.

FlyingPhoenix
12-02-2012, 10:16 AM
Adifferentstory, I'd be willing to trade for Jewelery. :)

I might be doing ornaments, but we'll see. :D

lv2paint
12-02-2012, 11:01 AM
All prepped and ready to go! YIPPEE:jiggy:

marilou
12-02-2012, 11:19 AM
Always interested adifferentstory!

Evalila
12-02-2012, 11:19 AM
Wonderful! Thanks for the reminder. Im currently in the process of re-organizing my studio and should be finished by then. Wont be able to play on Saturday though. Im going to a Pre-Christmas-Party and were having a little Christmas Bazaar then, too. Maybe Ill make some more stuff to sell there:)

1 Art Lady
12-02-2012, 11:41 AM
I will have very limited time during this a thon, but I will see what I can do, and if nothing else I can drool over everyones work! :)

bluesybreeze
12-02-2012, 11:56 AM
I would love to join in on the fun, but am not sure how much I will be able to participate. I will definitely pop in like 1artlady and see all the fun.

Jewels
12-02-2012, 12:33 PM
Sounds great! I'll be there.

sharlene54
12-02-2012, 01:00 PM
Welcome all!!

We are going to have a great time. Trading jewelery sound wonderful. I would love to see your creations. I have made all kinds of beaded jewelery, but now mostly elastic bracelet because they are quick and easy.

I have been thinking about some challanges and many have come to mind:
Moos-inchies and chunkies, found poetry, APCs even some in different sizes, holiday zentanges, or maybe a bedazzed day with all that holiday glitts. Did I forget any??

I'm working on backgrounds and different elements. I also have swaps to work on. So, as many of you, a busy time.

Oh, by the way, I was at Walmat this morning at 8:00am. I found some 9 pocket page protectors by Collector's Pages. They are thin like the ATC mailing sleeve, but they cost $2.50 fpr 35 pages. I like them a little thicker, but I felt they were worth the inexpensive cost. I have also bought sleeve there, 100 for $.99, but I can't seem to find them again.

dsign49
12-02-2012, 01:06 PM
Thanks for letting me know.

HHC
12-02-2012, 01:12 PM
I'll try to play a bit!

Jean
12-02-2012, 01:14 PM
Sounds great! I've got some ornaments I've been planning to make for the tree and maybe this will get me busy making them!

Cathy1
12-02-2012, 01:39 PM
Yipee

CynthiaSillitoe
12-02-2012, 02:00 PM
Looking forward to this. At this point, I'm really thinking Christmas apcs. :)

prayer_at_night
12-02-2012, 02:38 PM
Thanks a lot for the PM!
I'll definitely try to play, though I'm not sure how much time I'll have... But I will come and ogle everybody's art! <3

mrubyjean
12-02-2012, 02:44 PM
I hope to play ~ thanks!

jonquil
12-02-2012, 04:05 PM
I will definitely be there - tidied up over the weekend and found my christmas stuff - discovered I don't have a big stash but plenty to create some christmassy goodness

Linda4atc
12-02-2012, 04:05 PM
Sana Thanks for the invite I will try to participate.:wubclub:

Well i'm making jewelry at the moment. My art stuff is upstairs so can't get up there to work. So i'll make some jewelry and hopefully someone will want to trade for that.

Lynne, besides jewelry you could do jewelry type dangles for chunky page or tree ornaments.

You could make some large paper beads by cutting a really long triangle shape from wrapping paper, then roll it tightly around a knitting needle, straw etc glueing it into shape. This could the main part of the "ornament" and add a hanging loop and smaller dangles to the bottom. Tip: if you can get some of the skinny little straws used to stir hot drinks the paper beads can be glued right to the straw (trimed to size) and it keeps a nice consistent hole in the paperbead. Beads can also be sealed with a clear sealer.

. I found some 9 pocket page protectors by Collector's Pages. They are thin like the ATC mailing sleeve, but they cost $2.50 for 35 pages. I like them a little thicker, but I felt they were worth the inexpensive cost. I have also bought sleeve there, 100 for $.99, but I can't seem to find them again.

I have bought some of those really thin 9-pocket pages to. I hated them because the would tear if you removed the cards often. But they are great to use a 3-pocket row in mailing atcs for swaps etc.

sharlene54
12-02-2012, 05:15 PM
Thanks for that info. Maybe I'll return them.

miloccpep
12-02-2012, 08:31 PM
Will definitely try to play whenever.
Sanna, are we on the same Timezone? Wednesday (5th) would be Thursday(6th) for me here if we are not on the same Timezone.

Janjo33
12-02-2012, 09:40 PM
I should have some art time next weekend and I love a-thons!

On the subject of Christmas, I bought my present yesterday. It's the Cameo Silhouette die cutting machine. Here are two cards I made today. I drew the bird myself and "Peace" I was able to merge the letters together and make a single shape.

Linda4atc
12-03-2012, 04:10 AM
I should has. atve some art time next weekend and I love a-thons!

On the subject of Christmas, I bought my present yesterday. It's the Cameo Silhouette die cutting machine. Here are two cards I made today. I drew the bird myself and "Peace" I was able to merge the letters together and make a single shape.
Congrats, I would love to have something like that. I use the old fashioned diecuts from sizzix. I can't justify starting over with a new machine, since I have 4 different alphabets and lots of fun dies.

Anneke
12-03-2012, 04:13 AM
When I have time I come and play a bit!

adifferentstory
12-03-2012, 04:38 AM
So glad people are willing to trade for jewellery. I'll see you all there all being well.

sniisk
12-03-2012, 05:44 AM
Will definitely try to play whenever.
Sanna, are we on the same Timezone? Wednesday (5th) would be Thursday(6th) for me here if we are not on the same Timezone.

I think I'm 9-10 hours behind you. I thought to open the thread on Wednesday morning and then it cannot be Thursday yet anywhere on this planet :).

miloccpep
12-03-2012, 06:49 AM
LOL! If you say so! See you then.

Donnacr
12-03-2012, 07:47 AM
adifferentstory - I am ALWAYS open to any form of red jewellery (hook or loop earrings, not studs)

I will be there with bells on (and might put some of those bells on cards, too :laugh:)

sniisk
12-03-2012, 11:34 AM
I actually have mailed all my Christmas cards already. Last year I mailed them on November 30th and they didn't make it for Christmas. Well, I hope they will do it this year.

sniisk
12-03-2012, 02:51 PM
Mail from Finland to USA takes usually 4-7 days. It takes only one day to get the envelope out of Finland but for example last year the international mail was stuck in the customs in NY and did not move fast enough. Also, it can be stuck in the customs here when so many people are sending presents out of the country.

sniisk
12-03-2012, 02:53 PM
We are having the independence day on Dec 6th. We usually start to prepare Christmas after that.

KESagers
12-03-2012, 03:52 PM
Happy Holidays to everyone! I can't wait to see all of the Christmas art! Judd and I are both recovering from being pretty sick for the past week and needless to say I am way behind on my holiday prep on top of still not feeling very well. But I'll be popping in to see all of the eye candy and if I do get something made I'll be sure to post it.

CynthiaSillitoe
12-03-2012, 05:00 PM
I got my cards made...hopefully my count is right. If not, I still have supplies. Now it's writing them all out. Cards are actually my favorite part of the season, though I love them most when they're done. :)

sharlene54
12-03-2012, 05:18 PM
Kristen, sorry to hear your hubby and you were so sick. Hopefully, you'll be feeling better real soon.

Maybe you will be able to join in for some of the time.

sharlene54
12-05-2012, 09:03 AM
Well, I've been busy, as usual. I've made some backgrounds and gotten my holiday STUFF kinda organized. Ready, set, it's almost a GO.

sniisk
12-05-2012, 09:59 AM
It's 4pm here on Wednasday. 8 hours to go :). I have been working 14 hours per day too many days and I'm totally tired. If I go to dleep now, I can be very effective tomorrow morning :biglaugh:. Just some small preparations today, then one well slep night and three free days with art. Unfortunately I have to be working on the other side of the country on Monday morning and have to travel there on Sunday evening.

sniisk
12-05-2012, 10:00 AM
The official thread has been up and going since Tuesday:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25072