PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Artist PAT Swap, Due June 13th

DADAology
04-11-2008, 01:01 PM
FAVORITE ARTIST “PAT”

Swap Due Date: June 13, 2008 oooohhhh Friday the 13th…
Maximum # of Groups 6
Maximum # of Players 30
Mediums: Will Vary from Group to Group

Per FAQ - +15 iTrader pts required for PAT participants

SWAP INFO:
1. Players may choose 1 or 2 groups to participate in, providing links to your chosen artist.
2. There are 6 groups of 5 players.
3. If you have certain guidelines i.e. no nudes, landscape preferred etc please let your players know.
4. Your artist must be chosen by the time your group is full.
5. You create cards for each player using their artist theme. You may replicate a player’s chosen artist or create a work “inspired” by the style of their favorite artist.

CARD INFO: On the back of each card -
1. Your user name
2. Group # and player name
3. Title of work and artist optional
4. Please put each card in a plastic card. (this really does protect our cards)

If you have ANY questions please ask promptly. Due to the nature of this type of swap once you commit you must remain in the swap honoring your commitment. If you withdraw after your group has filled you will be given negative itrader pts. If you can’t commit please do not join. I’m not trying to be harsh just insuring that each player is treated fairly.

Request in the thread to join and PM me when you are ready to send your cards. Post to the thread when you have mailed your cards.

SENDING RETURNS:
1. I will provide envelopes for all
2. US participants please send postage and address label
3. I will pay postage for international players. An extra card would be appreciated but not necessary to join.

WISH LIST:
I know that some International players have a hard time finding the plastic sleeves. If any players need anything in particular please post your needs and maybe we can get that taken care of for you.

Names in red have arrived.

GROUP 1 – HAND-DRAWN / PAINTED FULL
1 DADAology – (OK) Modigliani (female portraits) www.expo-modigliani.net - www.pronto.com search for amedeo modigliani
2 liblue26 - (IL) DALI http://www.famouspainter.com/galleries/gallery_dali.htm
3 Electablue - (TX) Ping Irvin: http://www.craigirvin.com/ping/index.htm
4 pschafe1 - (NY) Van Gogh http://www.vangoghgallery.com
5 artsygemini - (CA) Linda Ravenscroft http://www.lindaravenscroft.com/store/

GROUP 2 -- HAND-DRAWN / PAINTED FULL
1 DADAology – (OK) Georgia Okeeffe – www.georgia-okeeffe.com /famous-paintings.html. www.michelangelo.com/okeeffe -
2 Gourdhead1997 - (KY) Salvador Dali -http://www.virtualdali.com
3 Sandymutt - (MO) Norman rockwell - http://www.normanrockwell.com/artwork/gallery_more.htm
4 rocketwoman - (MO) Claude Monet
5. Shesocrafty - (MD) Ray Caesar http://www.raycaesar.com/pages/GalleryIndex.html...

GROUP 3 – PEN & INK (colored ink is fine)

1 Summer5 - (Canada) Brian Froud www.froudfaerieworkshop.com
2 artsygemini - Cecily Mary Barker http://www.flowerfairies.com/UK/start.htm

GROUP 4 – MIXED MEDIA WITH HAND DRAWN ELEMENTS

1 katilady - (CA) Florin Firimita http://www.absolutearts.com/fifstudio/
2 Ibus - (Scotland) - Van Gogh http://images.google.co.uk/images?l...van+gogh&gbv=2

GROUP 5 -- WATERCOLOR ONLY

GROUP 6 -- HAND-DRAWN / PAINTED

1 liblue26 - (IL) Thomas kinkad http://www.kinkadecentral.com/
2 Ibus - (Scotland) - Van Gogh http://images.google.co.uk/images?hl...van+gogh&gbv=2

THANK YOU FOR JOINING!!

gourdhead1997
04-11-2008, 07:00 PM
Okay, I will be the first one. Sign me up for group #2 with a Salvador Dali as my fav artist theme. Here is a link:
http://www.virtualdali.com/

Sandymutt
04-11-2008, 07:58 PM
Ok I would like to be in group #2 and my artist is Norman Rockwell. Here is my link: http://www.normanrockwell.com/artwork/gallery_more.htm This looks like it will be a fun swap to play in. Going to wait and see who else joins and what their themes will be. I just might have to join another group :P. :jiggy:.....

Summer5
04-12-2008, 10:31 AM
I would like participate in the swap under the 'pen and ink' section, using Brian Froud as my favorite artist. See www.froudfaerieworkshop.com

rocketwoman
04-12-2008, 10:40 AM
i'd love group 2, i might take another group later, let me see what i can get done. and i'll get back with an artist.

DADAology
04-12-2008, 03:05 PM
Thanks all of you for joining!!!

katilady
04-12-2008, 03:10 PM
Hopefully I will get enough iTraders before the mixed media fills up! *fingers crossed*!

DADAology
04-12-2008, 03:10 PM
I will keep them crossed too, katilady

ShesSoCrafty
04-13-2008, 11:39 AM
ahhh god I always have something to strive for around here I'm two away but I'm watching this! You shall hear from me soon!!

DADAology
04-13-2008, 03:25 PM
Looking forward to seeing you, ShesSoCrafty

wme133
04-13-2008, 06:21 PM
Love these PAT's. Trying to first catch up with stuff I owe elsewhere.
I'll be watching....and may return!

DADAology
04-14-2008, 09:23 AM
I do hope to see you back Wanda....

Also a note to all. "JUNE" will be taken off the name of the swap so it will not conflict with another PAT swap...So it will just say Favorite Artist PAT....

katilady
04-14-2008, 06:18 PM
I finally have enough iTraders, yay! But before I commit i have some questions. In the mixed media with hand drawn elements is it OK to collage and for the hand drawn elements have them be design elements? I don't really draw (I wish I could) but I am great at designing and using color. And it's OK if that won't work...I won't cry too hard, lol!

DADAology
04-15-2008, 09:27 AM
Just looked at your gallery, you have wonderful pieces. I loved! She Watches! Hand drawn elements could be just tracing around a collage piece (at least I think that would be okay) Just add a touch of hand drawn elements, stars, etc....If any one disagrees please feel free to add your 2 cents...Feed back is good.....

gourdhead1997
04-15-2008, 07:22 PM
Well, my 2 cents worth is that art is art. See Jackson Pollock. I think any drawn elements, whether they are recognizable images or just decorative scribbles as long as they add to the original artists concept is more than acceptable. Also, Katilady, I would have to argue that you can draw. I am sure you sign your name everyday. A signature is simply a drawing of your name in calligraphy. You may not have developed the way of hand/eye coordination to make images the way you wish to but you can draw. You just have to practice. This is the downfall of the education system. Writing is considered essential but drawing is not. Forgive the long posting but this is a passion of mine.

katilady
04-15-2008, 10:56 PM
Well since you all say it's OK, sign me up for the mixed media! My artist will be Florin Firimita, here's a link: http://www.absolutearts.com/fifstudio/

DADAology, thank you for your kind words on my work.
giurhead1997, I like the way you think!

DADAology
04-16-2008, 09:46 AM
Consider yourself added!
And thanks Steven for your nice comments....I love your passion!

Sandymutt
04-16-2008, 12:36 PM
Well I wanted to pop in my 1st card that I did for gourdhead1997 of Salvador Dali. The name I gave the card is (Salvador Dali going nose to nose with a rino). Hope you like it. Looking forward to seeing what rocketwoman will be coming up with. I have your card already drawn out and will be painting on it soon DADAology. Both yours and gourdhead1997 are black and white photos. But I wanted to add a hint of color to them. ;) I will be popping back with my next card finished soon.:yes:.......

gourdhead1997
04-16-2008, 05:48 PM
Yeeyy! That's terrific Sandymutt!:jiggy:

DADAology
04-16-2008, 06:12 PM
Sandy that is the neatest card! Can't wait to see mine. Thanks for posting!

Sandymutt
04-16-2008, 06:23 PM
LOL I'm so happy that you like your card gourdhead1997. There were alot of photos to pick from. But that one really looked like it would be a blast to do. LOL DADAology The one i'm working on is where she is sitting outside on a pillow. If you look in the site you will see the photo I picked of her. Also I will do her in a softer shades of color then the black and white photo . I think its going to be cool looking with just that hint of color. I will get it posted when i'm done so you can see your card too ;). Hugs.....

katilady
04-16-2008, 09:02 PM
Is the artist I selected OK? I am asking cause I don't see him next to my name.

I hope more people join the mixed media one!!

DADAology
04-16-2008, 11:56 PM
i'm sorry kati - I have no idea why I didn't follow through...but it is added now...

katilady
04-17-2008, 12:20 AM
No worries! Just checking!

Sandymutt
04-17-2008, 01:31 AM
Ok I just finished your card DADAology. I hope you like how it turned out. My scanner just never picks up the shading I do when working with white. But when you see it in person you will know. Can't wait to see the theme that rocketwoman comes up with.;)......

DADAology
04-17-2008, 03:14 PM
Sandy it is wonderful...can't wait to see it...thank you
Annette

rocketwoman
04-18-2008, 10:11 AM
sorry, totally dropped the ball on this. my artist is claude monet. he has been one of my favorite artists since i was a child. thanks.

DADAology
04-18-2008, 12:43 PM
I like him too.

gourdhead1997
04-18-2008, 03:50 PM
Oooh! Nice choice Rocketwoman. One of my faves too.

Sandymutt
04-18-2008, 11:44 PM
He is a great artist. I did see a photo of him that will be fun to do. So getting it ready to work on;). Hope you will like his portrait ...

Sandymutt
04-20-2008, 02:42 AM
Well I wanted to let you know I have your artist finished and wanted to put it in here for you to see. I hope you like your card rocketwoman.

rocketwoman
04-20-2008, 04:40 PM
love it, you do such a wonderful job on portraits and getting such a great likeness. i can't wait to call it my own. thanks

Sandymutt
04-20-2008, 08:39 PM
Oh I'm really happy that you like how he turned out. I did want to change it from the b/w photo it was. Just though it would make the paintings have a little something more to it. I do love working with photos and try really hard to capture the picture as close as I can get it in acrylics. Anyway this has been so much fun working on everyones cards. Hope we get another player soon to fill out our group;).......

gourdhead1997
04-21-2008, 05:25 PM
Great job on Claude, Sandymutt. I think it's awesome.

Sandymutt
04-21-2008, 06:47 PM
Thank You gourdhead1997 so happy that you like my painting of him. ;)

ShesSoCrafty
04-28-2008, 04:04 PM
Ok I'm ready to party! I'm going in group 2 and Ray Caesar is my artist... http://www.raycaesar.com/pages/GalleryIndex.html... This group seems to be all over the place I kinda like it!!! I'm still seriously considering the modigliani as well... Let me think a bit more!

gourdhead1997
04-28-2008, 06:21 PM
Wow! ShesSoCrafty, I wasn't familiar with his work but I looked at your link and was floored. I have to add him to my list of favorite artists. I will get a real kick out of trying to emulate his style. This is going to be a challenging swap.

ShesSoCrafty
04-28-2008, 06:34 PM
His process is mind boggling to me! But his work is beautiful and disturbing in a way that makes you not be able to look away! I was thinking initially of picking Dali but it will be more fun for me to do his stuff!

katilady
04-28-2008, 08:47 PM
What happens if no one joins your group? :(

gourdhead1997
04-28-2008, 10:55 PM
Here is my first one. I thought I would try one of my dogwood flowers that are blooming in my yard right now and do it in Okeefes style for our gracious host in my group #2. I hope you like it.

Sandymutt
04-28-2008, 11:32 PM
WOW I just checked out the site of Ray Caesar . Wonderful work and like you said you can't look away. lol So guess thats the one your planning to use as your Favorite artist? If so I will get to work on one of the paintings I seen. Was trying to find what he looked like. But couldn't find him to do his face. If you would like that and know where I could find a photo of him. Please let me know ok? .....WOW gourdhead1997 I love the dogwood flower. Its wonderful. Its almost like I could reach out and touch it.lol.... Hey Katilady its still early and alot of folks are getting swaps finished up So hang in there. I bet with it popped back on the top list more folks will pop in and check things out.;).....

liblue26
04-29-2008, 08:56 AM
I would like to join group one if I may.. My artist is DALI http://www.famouspainter.com/galleries/gallery_dali.htm

My fav is the persistence of memory!!

ShesSoCrafty
04-29-2008, 11:26 AM
I'm sorry for interupting your flow Sandymutt! It is true I can not seem to find a pic of him anywhere either!!!

pschafe1
04-29-2008, 10:22 PM
Hi! I would like to wrap up group #2 with Vincent Van Gough (I think that is spelled right)! If there is still room.
Pat

Sandymutt
04-29-2008, 11:13 PM
ShesSoCrafty thats ok I did find a cool picture to make into a smaller painting of his work. I would have done him for you but np I can do one of his works for you instead;). He does such wonderful work it will be hard to get it but I will sure do my best for your card.:D....

pschafe1
04-30-2008, 08:57 AM
Guess what? I didn't spell it right. Now I'm going to try to post a link. Who knows this might work. http://www.vangoghgallery.com/

gourdhead1997
04-30-2008, 06:15 PM
Van Gogh is another wonderful choice. BTW, has anybody heard from our host? I hope she's not under the weather.

Sandymutt
05-01-2008, 12:38 AM
I havn't heard anything from her for a long time.:wideeyed: I sure pray she is alright. For some time this swap has been very quite:unsure:. Its just starting to pick up again. I sure pray that she will be back on line soon:yes:......

pschafe1
05-01-2008, 07:28 AM
I am going to send her a message to see if this swap is still really active. She doesn't have it listed under the swaps she's hosting in the Crows x 2 thread.
Pat

DADAology
05-01-2008, 09:22 AM
Good morning everyone....I look at the list every day and new Sandy was the last one that had posted so I didn't check until today...It never occurred to me that Sandy might have posted more than once...dah! I will open the group now instead of just looking at the last post....I am sorry to those that have posted and I missed you... I will catch up.

The flower is beautiful gourdhead....but then it could be no other way....

I will post again this evening.
Annette

pschafe1
05-01-2008, 09:41 AM
There are 2 #5's in Group 2. Not sure if that group want's to really do that many cards. Please let me know. I can withdraw, no problem.
Pat

ElectaBlue
05-01-2008, 10:22 AM
Could you sign me up for Group 1? I would like my artist to be Ping Irvin: http://www.craigirvin.com/ping/index.htm

I had a booth at an arts festival last weekend and she was selling her paintings there. I fell in love with them last year and couldn't wait to see what she came up with next.

DADAology
05-01-2008, 10:41 AM
Pschafel,
I sent you a PM and ask if you would like to trade to another group. ShesSoCrafty had requested that group ahead of you, I'm sorry I didn't catch it. Group one would be a good group too. Let me know.

"Blue" you are added.....

pschafe1
05-01-2008, 11:05 AM
Sure, I'll try group #1, this whole swap is going to be a challenge for me. I hope the others will like what I come up with. Sign me up! I hope we can get one more person.
Thanks for the quick response.
Pat

DADAology
05-01-2008, 11:34 AM
You are welcome....I have asked another member where to post to get it out there again...so hopefully we will get more participation....

spread the word...:)

DADAology
05-01-2008, 02:29 PM
I just learned something else....I didn't know that each time you posted to the thread it bumped it to the top...yeah for POSTING in the thread

Maybe we will get noticed if we stay at the top.....Thanks ahead of time for posting....

I live in Oklahoma gas prices here right now are $3.43 to $3.49 what is it where you live??

artsygemini
05-01-2008, 04:05 PM
ggggggeeeeezzzzzzzzzzz, gas here is 3.89 a gallon. and where we used to live (where glitter crow and chatty live still) is 4.00 a gallon. good ole california, get cha coming and going.:arghh:

katilady
05-01-2008, 04:32 PM
Quit complaining ya'll! We're at 4.05 here!!!!

Now someone come join my group so I can make some cards!

gourdhead1997
05-01-2008, 05:49 PM
$3.49 here too. I guess there is something to be said about living in the fly over states. It still hurts though. I drive a utility service van and the pump just automatically shuts off at $100.00. I cringe every time. Oh yeah, I go through 2 tanks per week. Thank god my company pays for it!

Annette, glad to hear everythings Okie dokie with you. I was concerned.

Sandymutt
05-02-2008, 11:02 AM
WOW Good to see your ok. Yep i'm a little chatty :chatterbox:even if no one chats back at me:P. LOL You so right if you keep this at the frount and on top of the list. I know when folks see all the action going on they will want to come in a play too. So party time, Lets get this swap to rocking and filling up.:jiggy:.....

DADAology
05-02-2008, 01:12 PM
Good morning all.....I have been busy looking up some of these artist....wow they are amazing....

Ping Irvin - gosh I love her work, and those colors this will be great fun

Ray Caesar - wow....he reminds me of Ryden and Sorren....wierd but a great artist....and hey I like wierd

Brian Froud - love those little faries...or is it faeries??

Florin Firimita - gosh I wish I could do mixed media well. With all the junk I have I can't say lack of "stuff" is the problem!

Yeah keep this thread hopping....love it when there is unique unknown to me artist in the mix......I guess I need to venture out and find a new favorite....and I will for the NEXT swap...:goofy:

katilady
05-02-2008, 01:13 PM
I agree! There are some awesome artists here! I can't wait to see what I get to do!

DADAology
05-02-2008, 01:43 PM
Finally remembered to add our swap to my signature....

liblue26
05-02-2008, 08:14 PM
I would also like to join group 6.. Thomas kinkade for the artist. http://www.kinkadecentral.com/ If I can please.. i just love his work!!!

artsygemini
05-02-2008, 11:32 PM
hi all,
I would like to sign up for the pen/ink group.....which ever one is fine. thanks sandy:jiggy:

DADAology
05-03-2008, 11:39 PM
liblue26 and artsygemini welcome......tell all your friends and neighbors to come too....

Sandy which artist did you decide on...?

Sandymutt
05-04-2008, 03:12 PM
You talking to me?LOL I wanted (Norman rockwell ) as I love his work. But you already have it showing in my group. lol So guess i'm good to go on my Fav. artist. Looks like some more really cool artist are showing up for this swap. I can't wait to see the wonderful work that will be showing up in here. Hope everyone will show their work when they are done. It would be so cool to see what everyone has done for their groups. ;)....

DADAology
05-04-2008, 09:29 PM
I guess I will have to do Sandy 1 and Sandy 2 or something....this time I was talking to artsygemini.....i think I know but want to be sure....

Hope everyones weekend has been a good one.....I cleaned house...yuk! and it is still cluttered....:>(

Sandymutt
05-04-2008, 11:18 PM
Thats ok .LOL I have a sister-in-law that is also Sandy. So my Father-in-law would call me "D" to keep things from getting messed up. Ok the other sandy need to give her theme to you. LOL Talk to you later. :jiggy:

Sandymutt
05-07-2008, 03:51 PM
Well I wanted to let you know I have my card finished for Shesocrafty. I picked one of Ray Caesar's pictures to do. I hope you like how it turned out. It was a fun one to work on;)

Sandymutt
05-07-2008, 03:54 PM
My scanner just doesn't pick up the shading I put in the sky. :(Its much better in person as you will see when you get it.;).....

pschafe1
05-07-2008, 04:19 PM
sandymutt, your card is just great!

ShesSoCrafty
05-07-2008, 07:14 PM
My Card Rocks!!! I love it!

Sandymutt
05-07-2008, 07:24 PM
TY I'm so happy you like how it turned out. This has been a fun swap. Love seeing what everyone picks as their Fav artist.;)

katilady
05-07-2008, 08:17 PM
I am going to give it another week to see if anyone signs up for my group. If no one does I am going to have to regretfully withdraw. I just won't have time to research and do all the cards justice if people sign up later than that. :(

Sandymutt
05-07-2008, 10:27 PM
Hey DADAology, I will be sending off my group#2 cards in the morning. So let me know when you get them. This has been a fun swap.------I Hope some others will pop in your group Katilady. Hang in there if you can;).....

pschafe1
05-08-2008, 08:56 AM
I have a question. If group #1 doesn't get that last player, what happens? Do we just swap with others in group?
pat

Sandymutt
05-08-2008, 11:34 AM
I did want to let you know that I put the cards in the mail so they should get to you in a few days. I put a forever stamp in it as the mail lady said it would be good even when they up the cost on stamps. So I hope it will be good to go;) Talk to you later, Hugs.....

DADAology
05-08-2008, 10:16 PM
Group one is FULL....yeah.
I'm going to see if I can recruit a few more people.... but understand if your group isn't filling up you feel you need to with draw....
Annette

Ibus
05-09-2008, 12:53 AM
Can I join the multi media group and Group six please? My artist is Vincent van Gogh

DADAology
05-09-2008, 02:26 AM
I will get you added now....and thanks for joining us. Tell your friends and neighbors.....we would love them to come join.
Annette

katilady
05-09-2008, 09:48 AM
Can I join the multi media group and Group six please? My artist is Vincent van Gogh

YAY! Someone joined my group!

Ibus
05-09-2008, 07:13 PM
My link is http://images.google.co.uk/images?hl=en&q=van+gogh&gbv=2 I couldn't give it before, cos I can't c&p on my phone.

katilady
05-09-2008, 07:35 PM
My link is http://images.google.co.uk/images?hl=en&q=van+gogh&gbv=2 I couldn't give it before, cos I can't c&p on my phone.

Ibus, you are in groups 4 & 6, right?

Ibus
05-09-2008, 07:52 PM
Yes. Why? BTW Starry night is my favourite vvg :D

Ibus
05-09-2008, 08:57 PM
AAh, I see why you're asking. Annette can you put me in group 4 as well please.

DADAology
05-10-2008, 12:19 AM
Yeah I saw it and thought I fixed it but guess I didn't save it. Has anyone else found the site slow? I am having the most dreadful time. And it is only on this site. It takes for ever to load a page when I change. Awhile ago it took over a minute to load the home page it was waiting on loading the paypal link. I just got this laptop a acouple of months ago and have been very disappointed in it. I don't know if the problem lies with my lap top or with AT&T?!!!!

DADAology
05-10-2008, 02:09 PM
Sandymutt's amazing cards arrived today...wow they are just wonderful. Thanks Sandy....

DADAology
05-10-2008, 02:35 PM
Oh by the way thank you sandy for the fun extras...I love the little envelopes....too cute.

katilady
05-11-2008, 01:34 PM
DADAology could you add my link next to my artist? Thanks!

Sandymutt
05-11-2008, 02:54 PM
Oh I'm so happy that you got my cards. I added the forever stamp in with my address for returns. It should be good to go as the stamps raise a cent or 2.;). Have a Happy Mothers day. I will be talking to you soon. Hugs

DADAology
05-11-2008, 04:56 PM
sorry Kati, done....
I went back through to make sure I hadn't missed anyone else...Artsygemini (for Linda Raven and Cicely M Barker and rocketwoman (Monet) I didn't see that you had left a link. Please add one for others to see. Thank you.
Annette

artsygemini
05-12-2008, 07:08 AM
hi everyone. I finished my first card for this swap. it is called 'elf girl' it is for group 3 summer5, artist brian froud. I hope I did it justice.;)

DADAology
05-14-2008, 05:27 PM
Sandy it is way cool......thanks for posting.
Hey we need to chat this thread up so we can get a few more players......

Sandymutt
05-15-2008, 02:10 AM
Well I popped in to see what is going on. I have been skipping about in the forum. When I seen our swap was getting far behind. That just won't do. LOL WOW I must say we have some wonderful artist joining in. Still need some really cool artist to join in the fun here. I know your guys have been looking in from time to time. Now is the time to get your feet wet. Come on You know you guys want to join in the fun here. So come on Lets see who you like as your Fav. artist. Still lots of time to play. Hurry hurry hurry.

Sandymutt
05-15-2008, 02:13 AM
WOW Cool elf girl artsygemini. ;)

artsygemini
05-16-2008, 04:58 AM
thanks girls for the compliments. I must say, this going to be learning and brain twisting event for me. trying to draw something in your own style, but with infuluence of a famous artist is pretty interesting and cool. just a tiny bit intimidating as well.........but must take chances or you never accomplish anything. I just finished my order for 20 altered mini lunch boxes. fun, but a test.....I prefer to do one of a kind things....but it was ok, easier when I finally figured out how to work in stages. will be back, have a great weekend all.:D

Sandymutt
05-16-2008, 11:43 AM
WOW 20 mini lunch boxes. I bet they are really cute;) ....Hope you have a wonderful weekend too. I will be outside working in the garden and mowing. Its going to be really nice and sunny here they say ( weather man). After all the rain we have been having for so long. It will be nice to spend the time outdoors soaking in the sunshine.;)

DADAology
05-16-2008, 11:51 AM
Okay I know there are Pen & Ink Artist, Mixed Media Artist and Hand Drawn Artist out there that are needing a challenge.....come on sign up....bring your friends....PRETTY PLEASE

katilady
05-16-2008, 01:56 PM
Okay I know there are Pen & Ink Artist, Mixed Media Artist and Hand Drawn Artist out there that are needing a challenge.....come on sign up....bring your friends....PRETTY PLEASE

Ditto what she said! :jiggy:

Sandymutt
05-16-2008, 10:56 PM
Come Artist show your stuff. Join in the fun. We are all looking forward to seeing your work . Its party time:jiggy:

DADAology
05-16-2008, 11:59 PM
Ditto what Sandy said.....

ShesSoCrafty
05-18-2008, 11:33 PM
Ok... I have two done... so far so here it goes
Here is my Dali and My 1st Okeefe... (I'm doing another havent decided yet as to which)
for gourdhead http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2126/2503665693_367c18164f_m.jpg

and Okeefe #1 for the lovely hostesshttp://farm3.static.flickr.com/2259/2504497772_b5c870ef4a_m.jpg

Sandymutt
05-18-2008, 11:43 PM
WOW ShesSoCrafty, You did a great job on your cards. (((Very nice))) :D

artsygemini
05-20-2008, 06:51 PM
ok, finally getting down to business...... got a crow for the crow swap done, and these too. what a fun time they were. I am not real good in watercolor.....so here it goes. hope they are ok.
for the host as a host card and for the group 1 choice here is :
my modigliani attempts 1 and 2,
I didn't mean for the one to look so dour DADA, but I guess we all have our moments.
and here are the two I did in the ping irvin style sorta...
I was trying honest.
I was planning on sending the one with the horse for Electablue but I did the other at the same time if you like it better.:)

ok off to try more. :wacko:

DADAology
05-20-2008, 10:13 PM
wow everyone, great job.
I can't remember if I posted here or not and my meds are kicking in so I'm about to go to sleep. I have pneumonia been home sick going on 3 weeks found out yesterday,,,,I will try to get on daily. but if you have any questions please pm I don't want to miss them in the tread. thanks.
Annette

pschafe1
05-21-2008, 03:40 PM
Oh my gosh! I hope you feel better real soon.
Here are my atc's, I am only involved in this swap this month so I took a lot of time on these.

artsygemini
05-21-2008, 03:44 PM
hi all, just popping in and saying hello to keep us at the top!
pschafel...........Holy Cow girl, those are wonderful!!!!!:notworthy:

DD............focus on getting better girlie........you are always needed here, but health is important!:sad::wubclub:

ElectaBlue
05-21-2008, 05:30 PM
Wow! Both my Ping cards are wonderful!

Artsygemini, I think I prefer the one with the horse, but they are both great.

Dada, I sure hope you get to feeling better soon.

liblue26
05-21-2008, 07:21 PM
Here are 2 I have finished for my group1....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/liblue26/th_bashfulFAP.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/liblue26/bashfulFAP.jpg)http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/liblue26/th_invitationFAP.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/liblue26/invitationFAP.jpg)

Hope you two like them!!!

katilady
05-21-2008, 08:20 PM
Some amazing cards ya'll!

Sandymutt
05-22-2008, 12:05 AM
OMG :shocked: DADA, You take care of yourself. You just don't mess around with pneumonia. Rest is the best thing you can do and keep up with your meds. Your in my prayers:wubclub: :yes:......WOW Wonderful cards being made. So much fun to get to see them. You All really have put in alot of work on your cards:).Thanks for showing them here I love seeing what cool art is being made for this swap....

ElectaBlue
05-22-2008, 10:25 AM
Liblue, I LOVE that Ping card you made for me.

This is really interesting to see people's interpretations of Ping's work because they are totally different than mine, but yet all great interpretations.

DADAology
05-23-2008, 12:10 AM
great cards all of you.
I've been sleeping a lot. The coughing isn't as bad...I still hurt but I'm sure that will take awhile to heal. I did this two years ago and it was awful.. Not so bad this time. I sure hope I'm better by Sat or Sun..
going to bed check in later

katilady
05-23-2008, 12:17 AM
Big hugs Annette. I hope healing is headed your way!

Sandymutt
05-24-2008, 03:09 PM
I think rest is the best thing that you should be doing right now. Just don't be pushing yourself. Make sure you eat good foods that will help you along with getting better. All prayers of healing is heading your way;) Loads of hugs:wubclub:

ShesSoCrafty
05-25-2008, 08:40 PM
Ok I've got 4 done and a suprise card for the hostess is in the works!
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2368/2523015612_4f1de2e474_m.jpg
MONET
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3146/2522189949_b1a6e82a52_m.jpg
ROCKWELL

gourdhead1997
05-25-2008, 09:41 PM
Wonderful cards so far. I love seeing all of them. I am going to have to get busy.
Annette, I hope you are getting much better. We are all pulling for ya!

artsygemini
05-26-2008, 05:08 PM
hi all, happy memorial day!
electa.........you got it, the one with the horse, I like that one best too.
liblue........amazing cards, as always, love em.
shessocrafty.......wonderful cards, great work.

Sandymutt
05-26-2008, 06:12 PM
OMG, shessocrafty I love my Rockwell card. It turned out wonderful ty. I can't wait to see it in person.:D Also your monet card is really cool too. Wonderful job ;).

liblue26
05-27-2008, 12:08 PM
2 more of mine for group 1!!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/liblue26/th_jeanne.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/liblue26/jeanne.jpg)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/liblue26/th_starrynight.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/liblue26/starrynight.jpg)

pschafe1
05-27-2008, 07:33 PM
Everyone has done such great work in this swap. Can't wait to see the cards in person.

katilady
05-27-2008, 08:50 PM
Just checking in to say I am in awe of everyones talent! I sooooo wish I could draw! What I can do is design so I am hard at work on a collaged version of 'Starry Night'. It does have some paint in it as well but mostly as an accent. I hope it will work...wish me luck!

Summer5
05-30-2008, 10:21 PM
Just a note to let you know my cards are being put in the mail tomorrow, May 31/08.
I have your address Annette, assuming it hasn't changed since the 'Zetti Day of the Dead' swap. Hugs, Jo

artsygemini
05-31-2008, 01:02 AM
just dropping by to say hello and hope everyone's week has been nice. I am going to finally be able to work on more of my cards, I have been busy finishing up two other swaps , a rolo, several cards and then a couple of orders on etsy. whew. look forward to painting and drawing some more.:jiggy:
nice work liblue!
katilady....I am sure your cards will be fantastic. it is nice to see all kinds of art work!:spinny:

liblue26
05-31-2008, 11:13 AM
Thanks artsygemini!!!!

katilady
05-31-2008, 06:52 PM
I am nearly finished with the card for Ibus and will post today or tomorrow. It is a different sort of take on Van Gogh, but I hope she likes it nonetheless!

katilady
06-01-2008, 06:26 PM
So I finally finished! Believe it or not this piece took hours of contemplation, searching, cutting, and painting! You gave me quite the challenge Ibus, and that's a good thing, so thank you! So here it is, Starry Night, mixed media style:

katilady
06-01-2008, 06:29 PM
Annette, since this swap is only 2 weeks out do you think it's safe to send in my card? I am asking cause my group never filled up and we are still 'open'. Not sure I could pull off another one with so little time, anyway, lol!

Ibus
06-01-2008, 06:57 PM
I gave you a challenge, Miss Black?! I can't find what I'm looking for and I misread the other group, so planned to print and embroider the Thomas Kinkead (and I thought there was a Flower Fairy too) but I can't :(

artsygemini
06-02-2008, 04:39 AM
hi everyone.......hope you all had a great weekend. hope you are getting better DADA. I finished another card for group one. I love salvador Dali, and even got a chance to visit his museum in florida two years ago, it is only one of two in the world. the other is in spain. I have many of his prints hanging in my art room......but boy was he a challange for me. this is liblue's. sorry if I slaughtered it dear, I really put my heart into it. I finally decided not to try and copy his piece, just take one and change it a little and make mine too. once I did that, it was fun and a tad easier. I have used water color on all my group one cards, it is my least used medium.......so I have enjoyed the challege of it. anyway, here it is sweetie, hope you like it!:unsure::jiggy:

artsygemini
06-02-2008, 04:41 AM
by the way katilady.............love the van gogh! great work:jiggy:

Ibus
06-02-2008, 05:27 AM
Oops! :eek: forgot to say I love Starry night, Thank you!

DADAology
06-02-2008, 10:15 AM
All
I apologize for not staying on top of this as I should have. I'm sorry I couldn't recruit more for the other groups. In case I'm not on line for a day or two here is my address. And yes please send in your cards. Maybe next time we will have more. Thanks to all of you that hung in here.

Annette Nickles
14145 NE 4th Street
Choctaw, Ok 73020

artsygemini
06-02-2008, 05:30 PM
hi again all, I did two dali cards, thought I would let liblue pick which she likes best. you never know, she may not like the one I like best.:wideeyed: here it is sweetie............
it is called 'Dali's Muse'

Ibus
06-02-2008, 08:48 PM
I've finished your card Kati. I'll get it scanned and uploaded asap.

katilady
06-02-2008, 09:04 PM
Thank you for all the feedback!

Annette, not to worry about recruiting folks...you were sick and frankly, Ibus gave me enough of a challenge, lol!

Ibus, I am looking forward to seeing what you have come up with!

Ibus
06-02-2008, 09:40 PM
LOL Miss Black, I've had a hard time with your card too. I'm battling with the Kinkead too, so it's going to have to be 'sort of like' as I cannot get that quality he has. Don't know what I'd have done with 3 or 4 more cards in the group!

Ibus
06-02-2008, 11:23 PM
Here you are, the two I've finished for Dadaology and Kati

6604 6605

katilady
06-02-2008, 11:35 PM
Elizabeth! That's perfect! You did a brilliant job!

Ibus
06-02-2008, 11:39 PM
Thanks, once I started putting it together, it worked, which I'd been afraid it wouldn't!

Ibus
06-03-2008, 11:24 PM
Here's the last one. Hope it's acceptable Liblue

liblue26
06-04-2008, 09:39 AM
Its very beautiful Thanks :D

Ibus
06-04-2008, 11:57 AM
These went in the post today. Hope they arrive in time!

artsygemini
06-04-2008, 01:37 PM
hi all. I am finally done with my last group 1 card. it is influenced by Van Gogh and for pschafe1. this was by far the hardest for me. I am NOT an impressionistic painter for sure. I made 4 before I could even think of sending it. finally had to accept that it is just influenced, not alot like the master. I hope you like it, I gave it a genuine go at it. I will get them off in the mail in the morning annette. thanks for including me and I really have enjoyed the swap, great learning experiece.:spinny:
'going van gogh'

artsygemini
06-04-2008, 01:39 PM
IBUS, your cards are amazing.....great work!:notworthy:

gourdhead1997
06-04-2008, 09:30 PM
Well better late than never, I have my last three done for group #2. Sandymutt, Rocketwoman and Shesocrafty, I hope they are okay. This swap proved more challenging than I expected.

Sandymutt
06-05-2008, 01:23 AM
OMG How cute. you did a outstanding job on all the cards.:notworthy: I can't wait to get mine. :)

DADAology
06-05-2008, 10:59 AM
I agree the cards are great....!

DADAology
06-05-2008, 11:08 AM
Ibus _ I just saw my card and it is lovely. Thanks!!

liblue26
06-05-2008, 03:39 PM
This is Ibus's card!! Hope you like it..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/liblue26/th_vangogh.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/liblue26/vangogh.jpg)

Ibus
06-05-2008, 03:48 PM
That's brilliant. Thank you!

liblue26
06-06-2008, 11:37 AM
Mine went out today!!!

ElectaBlue
06-07-2008, 03:01 PM
I finally finished mine and they should be in the mail by Monday. I think things usually get to you in one day, two tops, so they should be there in plenty of time. You can take a peek in my gallery, if you are so inclined.

Sandymutt
06-07-2008, 11:11 PM
OMG You all have done such wonderful work on your cards. WOW :notworthy:

DADAology
06-09-2008, 02:42 PM
Well you will be getting your cards pretty soon......I'm excited about swaping them out....

katilady
06-09-2008, 06:37 PM
I mailed mine off today and it should be there on time!

DADAology
06-10-2008, 12:55 AM
Gourdhead your cards arrived today...gosh they are nice and thanks so much for the extra card it is lovely....I love it.

gourdhead1997
06-10-2008, 07:40 PM
I'm so glad they arrived safely. I just had one get lost in the mail monster recently and now I get really nervous when I put them in the mailbox. It will probably take a while to get over the fear of losing them. It really bites!

pschafe1
06-11-2008, 05:44 AM
arstygemini and all- these cards are great. We just had grandbaby #6 last week, so I haven't been checking this site lately. Dominic was born june 5 and is as cute as a button!

DADAology
06-11-2008, 09:54 AM
Congrats!!! My grand twins are 9 months and such fun. They grow so fast.

ElectaBlue
06-14-2008, 04:58 PM
Hey Annette, have you received my cards yet? I mailed them on Tuesday, so they should have been there by Thursday at the latest.

katilady
06-15-2008, 12:38 AM
I mailed mine on Mon. Did they show up?

Ibus
06-15-2008, 08:05 PM
Hope mine are there by now.

DADAology
06-16-2008, 10:20 AM
Hopefully all will be in the box today. They have been working on a water line on our street, and truthfully I don't think the mail lady ran......sleet or snow but I guess torn up streets is the show stopper....

katilady
06-16-2008, 10:31 AM
Hopefully all will be in the box today. They have been working on a water line on our street, and truthfully I don't think the mail lady ran......sleet or snow but I guess torn up streets is the show stopper....

*Fingers Crossed*

ShesSoCrafty
06-16-2008, 10:42 AM
I mailed my cards last Tuesday! So hopefully they will show up today! I know all about crazy mail delivery... I sometimes believe that when there is no mail in my box that he totally didn't feel like delivering especially in the summer, cause the next day my box is always loaded with 2x the normal mail!

DADAology
06-16-2008, 01:43 PM
I will let everyone know this evening....

DADAology
06-17-2008, 01:09 PM
Ibus - I will go through the envies again, I might have over looked yours and just didn't "red" you out....

Summer5's card is on the way...and should be here in the next couple of days...I will try to get these in the mail by Sat the 21st....

AND WOW! after seeing some of these cards I wish I had chosen different artist. Lots and Lots of these cards are just amazing.....

I will check on Ibus tonight and let you know.

DADAology
06-17-2008, 01:11 PM
and by the way....thank you katilady for the Frida card..love it.

katilady
06-17-2008, 03:59 PM
and by the way....thank you katilady for the Frida card..love it.

Oh good! I was hoping it would be up your alley. :)

DADAology
06-17-2008, 04:48 PM
my alley, my street and my driveway....lol

artsygemini
06-17-2008, 06:16 PM
hi everyone!
all the cards are just amazing......everyone did such nice cards, can't wait to see them in person. I am thinking about getting one of those atc holders that rotate and sit on a coffee table ect. , so you can enjoy them in the front room and sit out all the time. I wish they were just not quite so pricey. I have not seen one for less than 29.00$. I bet if the atc craze was not so big they would be alot less. anyway, enough complaining.
pschafe1.....congrats on the grand baby!
have a great week all.:D

DADAology
06-18-2008, 09:13 AM
Ibus yours was not in the mail and was not in my manila envelope that I put all received cards. I made a note that you mailed on the 4th. Do you have any idea how long it takes?

Ibus
06-18-2008, 09:51 AM
No idea, but it takes a week to get to Vicki Z. I would've thought they'd be there by now, it's been two weeks. I do hope they haven't gone wherever my piggys went :eek:

DADAology
06-18-2008, 12:03 PM
I will look on my drawing table to make sure I didn't lay them there (and anywhere else I could have laid them).

DADAology
06-22-2008, 10:09 PM
:jiggy::jiggy::biglaugh::biglaugh::jiggy::jiggy:
IBUS YOUR CARDS ARRIVED!!!! THEY CAME YESTERDAY.......I'M SO GLAD!

DADAology
06-22-2008, 10:15 PM
OH And by the way THANK YOU FOR THE BEAUTIFUL Georgia card. I love it.

Summer's should be here in a day or two and we can swap these out....YEAH!

katilady
06-23-2008, 10:29 AM
:jiggy::jiggy::biglaugh::biglaugh::jiggy::jiggy:
IBUS YOUR CARDS ARRIVED!!!! THEY CAME YESTERDAY.......I'M SO GLAD!

YAY! :laugh:

DADAology
06-24-2008, 11:48 PM
Ruby your cards are here.....
we only need Summers card. I will email her to see if it is on the way. Thanks to all of you.

DADAology
06-26-2008, 03:35 PM
I have got cards ready to mail, except for Summers, but I have faith it will arrive. I will mail cards out Saturday....gosh there are some amazing cards. Thanks to each of you for joining. I have two swaps left not sure if I will start another one or not....but have a couple in mind. Watch for the post. I started giving iTrader pts last night will check to see if I missed anyone and get that taken care of tonight. In the swap remember you give itrader pts to the person you receive from as it is a one on one trade.

Let me know as your cards begin to arrive. Thanks.
Annette

DADAology
06-30-2008, 08:57 AM
I had the twins all weekend and Bellea was sick, cutting teeth I think. Hight fever but still ate....

I will get them in the mail in the next couple of days. Sorry for the delay.
Annette

katilady
06-30-2008, 10:18 AM
No worries!

DADAology
07-03-2008, 10:56 AM
ALL CARDS ARE IN THE MAIL AS OF YESTERDAY.....

I took them to the post office to insure there was enough postage on them and glad I did...everyone of them needed more postage. It seems if the envelope isn't thin like a normal letter, and doesn't bend they charge you a surcharge for hand stamping. It doesn't matter that the weight is right. So on the safe side from now on I would put an extra 20 cents on each envelope.

ElectaBlue
07-03-2008, 01:45 PM
Annette, I am so excited! I can't wait to see my cards.

About the postage-I have found that some of the postal employees insist that my ATC envelopes are too rigid and say they need the extra 17 cent surcharge and other ones say that they are just fine. I have found that if you just put them in the mail with the regular postage they get there just fine (just as long as they aren't too heavy). I know which ones to avoid now because the extra postage can really add up.

ShesSoCrafty
07-06-2008, 07:23 PM
Yesterday in the mail I recieved all my lovely Ceasars from Dadaology, Sandymutt, Gourdhead1967, and Rocketwoman! That was an envelope full of happiness let me tell you!!! Awesome job guys! Thanks so much for hosting Dadaology! It was a great swap!

liblue26
07-07-2008, 03:50 PM
Amazing host and Thanks to both of my groups.. These cards are greatly awesome :D Love each and everyone....

DADAology
07-07-2008, 06:39 PM
liblue glad you like them.

pschafe1
07-08-2008, 08:15 AM
Thanks for hosting and I just love each and every card - I am handing out itraders right now.

DADAology
07-08-2008, 04:11 PM
glad you liked them.

I'm going to ask that the swap be archived now. If anyone has anyother comments please feel free to email me. I appreciate all of you, it was a great swap, there were some really great pieces. Sure wish I'd had chosen some of the artist others had picked,,,

If you haven't given your itrader pts to your artist,,,please do so.
Until next time....
Annette