Materials: Only THESE -
ATC blank
paper
adhesive
acrylic paint
rigid rectangular card
(of cardboard, WC paper, plastic)
brush only for dropping paint

Recently I combined 2 favorite techniques...abstract paper tearing and smearing paint. And I really like how it looks! Here is an opportunity for you to try, too.

Directions:
Make an abstract torn paper ATC.
Tear up paper and adhere pieces to an ATC. Let dry.
Then the hard part. You have a little piece of great
art and now will add an unpredictable part.
Drop acrylic paint on your card. I squeeze mine out but you
may use a brush if your paint is more liquid. Brush is
ONLY to distribute paint drops.
Use your rectangular card to spread/smear paint.
You can let the paint dry between colors, or not. I don't.

Mailing Info:
Everyone, put your cards into sleeves AND tape cards together with painters tape (NOT scotch tape.) Or put in any kind of holder.
Remember to put your user name, location and date on card.
Everyone, send along your address on a large piece of paper.

US players-send along loose sufficient postage.
I am providing envelopes for everyone.
I am providing postage for international players.

Host cards or extra postage is NOT required but greatly appreciated.

PM me for my mailing address. I now reside in California, so the Hawaii address will not work.
Remember, there is no sign up list. But feel free to ask questions in the thread and show off your cards.

Cards rec'd:
1. catb
2. bitsysal49
3. mzspurslasso
4. Daisies
5. Me
6. Adventurer
7. Pink Riots
8. dsaeta
9. rss5
10. semga
11. Jo.on.the.go.
12. CynthisSillitoe
13. IloveMarley
14. StoneFX
15. Maia
16. Camprose
17. Franzia
18. beth
19. arlie 707

Last edited:
My new avatar (picture next to my name) is an example of this technique. As I make more of these cards, I might post them. Depending whether the computer powers on me.

Depending whether the computer powers smile on me. Those powers are already deleting words from me.

If I had a list, I'd sign you right up! You'd be number 1. Cynthia!

This is only my second NO sign up swap. I didn't like the first one very much. But, since I am having surgery end of this month, this kind is less bother. I'm staying in the hospital 3 to 5 days. I think my surgeon said only 3 days.

Okay - I tried a couple of cards. One has a nice texture but not sure about the balance. The other one came out quite striking. I will post after it dries. But I'm wondering if it's not good to make a bunch and pick out the best.

Funny thing - the card I thought was striking, I no longer like - LOL - but here is one I do like.

1_Abstract_00.jpg

Last edited:
I've been spreading paint with plastic cards for quite awhile now. I love the unpredictable effect. And I am re-using gift cards, defunct credit cards, old library card.
Glad so many of you are trying this technique.

Janjo, the swaps I really like, usually the technique ones, I make a bunch of cards and choose my favorites to send. Some swaps I enter just to see if I can meet the criteria. then I make my three and sometimes a host card.Sometimes three is all I can muster so I send along extra postage.

Fun idea! I've made backgrounds spreading the paint with an old plastic card, and combining it with a torn paper layer to make a complete ATC sounds even more exciting. I may try what I come up with, if and when I have time & inspiration!

I like the way the paint can change the intensity of the color or even the essence of the color itself. I did a torn paper collage with blue origami paper and the yellow paint turned it green but with some blue parts left.

Back
Top Bottom