PDA

View Full Version : How about an atart for those of us not going to AFA in Minnesota?

CynthiaSillitoe
07-11-2013, 06:03 PM
I think we need an atart for all of us unable to go this year. Who wants to play? July 25-28, whatever art you want to make? I am happy to host or co-host.

KESagers
07-11-2013, 11:55 PM
Count on me to play as much as I can. :)

theweavershand
07-12-2013, 04:25 AM
im in! i can probably help host, as well.

Cathy1
07-12-2013, 04:26 AM
I'll try and play

jonquil
07-12-2013, 04:31 AM
i should be able to get a bit of play time in - missed out on playing in the moo house athon - life just got in the way

Vicki Z
07-12-2013, 12:30 PM
I can play.
I don't think there is an AFA in Minnesota, perhaps you mean the one in Wisconsin?

CynthiaSillitoe
07-12-2013, 01:07 PM
Right, Wisconsin. (Hey, I'm in Utah...all those midwest states look alike from here.)

Amy, I'd love your help!

Vicki Z
07-12-2013, 02:28 PM
:biglaugh:Yes, I have heard that before:biglaugh:
I'll still play :0)

CynthiaSillitoe
07-12-2013, 03:15 PM
It's kind of like how Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, etc. all merge. :) All geography is local. *nods lots*

I'm open to optional challenges if people want, but mostly I'm thinking...let's just hang out, make art, chat, have some snacks, chat....

Jean
07-12-2013, 10:33 PM
I'll play as much as I can!

trini70
07-13-2013, 03:58 PM
Let's do it! No plans yet for that weekend.

CynthiaSillitoe
07-13-2013, 06:33 PM
Yay, yay! Almost as much fun as going, especially since I clearly would have wound up in the wrong state and someone would have had to come find me. :wideeyed:

HiddenTreasure2010
07-13-2013, 07:06 PM
I'll try my best to be there!....Love atarts!

CynthiaSillitoe
07-13-2013, 07:36 PM
Yay, yay! (Yes, that is my new phrase. :) )

complicious
07-14-2013, 06:53 PM
I've been on the watch for an atart! I've about 20 semi-finished atcs, and that will be the perfect motivation to finish them!

Theresagram
07-14-2013, 06:59 PM
Sounds good to me!! :D

CynthiaSillitoe
07-15-2013, 01:39 PM
Welcome, complicious and Theresagram!

Miss Iowa
07-17-2013, 06:59 PM
I might be able to play a little. I have a special event Saturday night though, and I'm guessing it's going to take me half a day just to get into my Spanks. :wacko:

sunriseiz
07-17-2013, 09:40 PM
I don't even know the dates, so I won't be going. :wacko:

Anyhoo, I AM interested in an A-Thon! When might this be happening? Theme? Anything else I should know???

Thanks! :D

theweavershand
07-18-2013, 09:10 AM
sunriseiz...we are looking at next weekend...the 25th-28th. there will be an official thread posted as we get closer with more details. so glad you can join us! ATARTs are so much fun!

Evalila
07-18-2013, 09:37 AM
Great idea! I think I need something like this at the moment. Maybe I can get my 13 yr. old niece to play with us, too. SheŽll probably be here during this time. Lisa recently lost her mom and needs some distraction, too. :(

Evalila
07-18-2013, 09:38 AM
Oh, and I could co-host as well - to cover "the other side of the pond", if needed;)

CynthiaSillitoe
07-18-2013, 12:34 PM
Evalila, we'd love your help!

It seems a lot of us have kind of stuck muses, so let's get them unstuck. Do people want optional challenges? What about a kind of scavenger hunt? Like a list of things to make. I was thinking about mediums like a zentangle, an inchie house, an altered playing card, but we could also put things like "art with a flower" or something like that on it. Any thoughts?

Vicki Z
07-18-2013, 12:47 PM
I LOVE optional challenges!!!:notworthy:
If one's Muse is stuck, there is a focus with a challenge.
If one's Muse is full of ideas, the challenges are optional.

We could do something like "Celebrate Your State".
I hesitate to say Celebrate Minnesota, or Celebrate Wisconsin, but since the two states are so much like each other, I guess I could have.
(Inside joke -- see page 1 for details:) )

CynthiaSillitoe
07-18-2013, 12:53 PM
Milwaukee, Minnesota....it's close. :) :err:

That's a good idea. We could all celebrate where we are. And we could sing "Celebrate Good Times"--or maybe I'll just do that.

I need to clean out my PM box and make some room in my gallery to get in Athon mode.

CynthiaSillitoe
07-18-2013, 12:54 PM
And for those of us dealing with heat, maybe we need some winter art? A snowflake challenge or something?

Vicki Z
07-18-2013, 01:35 PM
OH YES!!!! Winter Art!!!! :notworthy:

We have been under a heat index all week, and I had forgotten how difficult it is to be motivated when any movement what-so-ever promotes turning into a puddle!

CynthiaSillitoe
07-18-2013, 02:12 PM
That's how it's been here, too. I actually got some art made yesterday, but only after I dragged myself to the studio. I mean, we have air conditioning (though it runs constantly and just barely keeps the house cool enough to bear) and yet all I want to do all day is watch tv and eat ice cubes.

Ok, we need winter themed art. Of course, are friends Down Under are going through winter, aren't they? Do you guys have any stories of being too cold to share with us? :)

theweavershand
07-18-2013, 02:36 PM
if anyone is interested in a scavenger hunt...i still have the one we did a couple years ago. ill even provide the prize for the winner. not sure what yet...but ill come up with something fun. what do you think?

KESagers
07-18-2013, 03:46 PM
Thinking cool thoughts sounds good to me! Today is the hottest day of the summer so far.:cool:

Vicki Z
07-18-2013, 04:02 PM
if anyone is interested in a scavenger hunt...i still have the one we did a couple years ago. ill even provide the prize for the winner. not sure what yet...but ill come up with something fun. what do you think?

How would you work a savenger hunt?
Would it be like a "regular" hunt where one gets a list of things to find, then has to find them and make a card out of them?

I think it would be cool :spinny:, even though I don't quite understand what we would be doing.:wacko:

CynthiaSillitoe
07-18-2013, 06:21 PM
I think it would be more like making a list of things and whoever can make the most on the list. I haven't seen the list, but I think it would be like:

1. Make a Zentangle
2. Chunky page with a bird on it
3. Monochromatic atc
Etc.

I don't think I have done an athon with one, but it sounds like it was lots of fun. It would be like having optional challenges where it might give stubborn muses a little nudge. :)

theweavershand
07-18-2013, 06:24 PM
im having trouble finding it. with all the moves...i can barely find my own...well you get the idea...;)

there was a list of tasks to complete and everything was assigned a point value. the highest possible score was 100. you got points for participating each day and other simple things as well as some interesting challenges. it was really fun and took the ATART to a whole new level...for me anyway.

still looking for the list. its not something we have to do. just a suggestion.

sunriseiz
07-18-2013, 06:31 PM
sunriseiz...we are looking at next weekend...the 25th-28th. there will be an official thread posted as we get closer with more details. so glad you can join us! ATARTs are so much fun!

DOH! Now I see it in the 1st post.:err: I knew my eyes were going..... I will be on the look out for the official thread!

theweavershand
07-18-2013, 09:50 PM
omg...im so excited! i checked with chaosatlanta who created the fabulous scavenger hunt and she still has it and the database she used to tabulate the points!

if there is interest...ill be happy to host that part of it. i may not get to create much but the hunt was just too much fun the first time not to do it again.

so...what do you think?

CynthiaSillitoe
07-18-2013, 10:31 PM
Sounds great to me! I love the points idea.

Miss Iowa
07-18-2013, 10:36 PM
FYI--Staples has Elmer's gluesticks in their ad this week: a pack of 8 for $4.00. So I bought 2 packs. :biglaugh: I always stock up on gluesticks when school supplies are on sale.

Vicki Z
07-19-2013, 06:12 AM
The scavenger hunts sounds great to me!
I love the points idea and the additional details make it sound even more FUN!!!
Bring it on!

CynthiaSillitoe
07-19-2013, 12:56 PM
FYI--Staples has Elmer's gluesticks in their ad this week: a pack of 8 for $4.00. So I bought 2 packs. :biglaugh: I always stock up on gluesticks when school supplies are on sale.

Oooh! That's a good idea, Miss Iowa!

Ok, so the scavenger hunt will be on. If you're not in a scavenging mood, remember that it's an ATART--all types of art. Come work on whatever you like! Come just hang out and admire the art!

lilbad
07-19-2013, 01:38 PM
Ok, when does this start?

CynthiaSillitoe
07-19-2013, 02:18 PM
The 25th. Thursday, I think?

dmnh
07-19-2013, 09:49 PM
If I have not been kidnapped and taken far from home, I'll be here! I remember the scavenger hunt a few years back. It was a lot of fun! Count me in!

CynthiaSillitoe
07-19-2013, 10:02 PM
We'll put you in the AFA witness protection program. :policeman:

dsign49
07-19-2013, 10:48 PM
I will try and be here.

CynthiaSillitoe
07-20-2013, 01:28 AM
Yay!

We must lure more people into our artistic trap.....I have been using my psychic luring techniques, but maybe I should try private messages instead? :cool:

It's nice to have something to look forward to other than more heat.

chaosatlanta
07-20-2013, 08:01 AM
I'll be popping in to play a bit. I had so much fun hosting the scavenger hunt last time! It was so crazy that I didn't get to play much ... but maybe this time I will be able to join in.

CynthiaSillitoe
07-20-2013, 11:16 AM
Thanks for letting us use it again!

Vicki Z
07-20-2013, 01:41 PM
When were you going to set up the official thread?
The 25th is only 5 days out, and I like to start getting supplies together and card ideas into baggies, so I can be more productive without having to hunt for "stuff".

CynthiaSillitoe
07-20-2013, 03:16 PM
I was thinking Monday. Is that soon enough?

Though I originally figured Thursday through Sunday, I'm now thinking we might want to go through next Monday or Tuesday. I know some people have more time on week days and also we might want more time with the scavenger hunt.

Vicki Z
07-20-2013, 03:54 PM
I didn't mean to be pushy, and yes, Monday is soon enough.
I am excited!

Yes, good idea to go into next week, and allow more time for the scavenger hunt.

CynthiaSillitoe
07-20-2013, 04:08 PM
You don't sound pushy, just excited, which s good. :)

Just Ducky
07-21-2013, 12:10 PM
here come de'duck.... and I needing marathon REALLy baD...
been on/off with bummer internet... but NOw I am up and running wild.. now I gotta find the muse.. I am in complete AFA fun withdrawl and the art pains are crazy...

oh oh, a Scavenger Hunt... super fun.. played in the last one really keep the interest going.

CynthiaSillitoe
07-21-2013, 12:26 PM
Yay, the Duck is in the house! :duck:

Theresagram
07-21-2013, 01:56 PM
We'll put you in the AFA witness protection program. :policeman:

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Theresagram
07-21-2013, 01:58 PM
I'm looking forward to playing! :)

I love a-thon's....even if I don't get anything finished. LOL

Vicki Z
07-21-2013, 02:00 PM
This is going to be soooooo much FUN!!!!!

lilbad
07-21-2013, 08:23 PM
Ok, someone refresh me...where do we post?

CynthiaSillitoe
07-21-2013, 10:24 PM
Lil, I'll start the official thread tomorrow and provide a link.

We've decided not to post the scavenger hunt until the day of the athon so no one can start early. The problem is that the athon starts one minute after midnight on Thursday wherever players are...which varies. So I'll post the scavenger hunt info just before midnight on Wednesday (right as it's going to become Thursday) Eastern standard time. I know that's not perfect because our early bird Aussies and Kiwis won't see it until some hours into Thursday and those on the pacific coast of the US will see it a couple of hours early, but it just seems the fairest I can come up with.

What I'm thinking is that we'll do the scavenger hunt through Thursday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, and then at midnight EST (east coast US time) I'll post that it's time to stop. (So the early birds get to play a little longer to make up for the late start.)

If we want to, we can still chat, create art, and trade after that, but no more points will count. That gives us a really defined time frame and then theweavershand will have time to tabulate the results. You'll collect points by posting that you've completed the challenge in the thread and by sending theweavershand a PM each day, telling her which challenges you've completed and how many points you've accumulated.

Hope that sounds good!

CynthiaSillitoe
07-22-2013, 11:45 AM
Ok, here's the official thread link:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1440103#post1440103

Come play! Tell your friends!