PDA

View Full Version : We're Not At AFA Milwaukee Art Athon and Scavenger Hunt July 25-29 Come Play!

Pages : [1] 2 3

CynthiaSillitoe
07-22-2013, 11:43 AM
While our friends get together at the AFA Milwaukee event, we want to have fun, too! So we will! Come to the party hosted by Theweavershand, Evalila, and me!

Here's the official thread. Feel free to chat until it's time to start--Thursday at 12:01 a.m., your time! In addition to our regular ATART, we will have a scavenger hunt of art projects. Look for those in the second post on Thursday!

ATART info: (Compiled by fabulous hosts over the years!)

What IS an ATART?
It’s an All Types of ART marathon where you can create art, made over the same time in each time zone. This thread is going to be our crafting room.

HOW IT WORKS:
Start creating art when it's time to start, then upload your lovely creations to your Athon gallery and post to the thread. Trading and chatting are going on all the time.
After all the trading is done move your creations OUT of the Athon Gallery and into their correct Galleries - 'Available ATCs' or 'Mail Art'

HOW TO ASK FOR A TRADE:
When you find a piece of art you would like to trade, please SEND A PERSONAL MESSAGE (pm) to that person asking for a trade. Please DO NOT post requests for trades to the thread. It can get way too confusing.

Note: If you do make a trade, please be sure to send to your trade partner within two weeks. If you’re running late, communicate!

WANT TO COMPLIMENT AN ARTIST:
And you will… remember you can click the You Rock button and leave it there.

HOW TO POST YOUR ART TO THE THREAD:
From your atcsforall.com gallery:
It’s easiest to have two windows open.
1) Go to your gallery & right click on the picture you wish to post - this brings up a menu that includes “Copy Image Location”.
2) Click on the “Copy Image Location”
3) Go to your post and hit the "insert image" button (looks like a postcard)
4) Paste the address (right click, click paste or Ctrl V) into the window that pops up and hit OK - that puts the code into your post for your picture to show up; (you paste the address from the properties box over the http thingy that shows when you open the "insert image" box)
5) and then you're done.

[IMG]http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_64.jpg [/IMG

(leaving the last bracket off the above so you can see how the address will look)

Remember that images from the gallery can be small, medium or large. Find the word or letters s m l in the address and change it to 'small' or 's'.

From your computer:
1. Click POST REPLY at the bottom of the messages screen. Above the message box, click the paperclip next to the smiley face. Then upload as usual. This will upload your picture as a thumbnail.
2. If you go into the Quick Reply box at the bottom of the messages screen, click GO ADVANCED and you will get the paperclip above the message box.

From a flickr or photobucket account:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/show....php?p=1148669

NEW TO A-THONS? If you have any questions at all, feel free to pm me or post your questions to the thread. We have a lot of experienced art-a-thoners who are more than willing to help those of you new to this craziness.

CynthiaSillitoe
07-22-2013, 11:43 AM
Winners announced in posts 588 and 589!

Scavenger Hunt Details! You can start as soon as you read these!

(Thanks to theweavershand for remembering this great event and chaosatlanta for letting us use it again. Any mistakes are mine.)

The Scavenger Hunt start time 12:00 EST (midnight) on Thursday July 25 and end time 11:59 pm (midnight) EST Monday July 29th. (Using one time zone for an international group is awkward, but we didn’t want anyone to have the advantage of seeing the list ahead of time. If you like, forget the clock. If you’re reading this, you can start now. Watch for my stop post. I’ll also occasionally post how much time is left, especially on the last day.)

The athon will go at least one full day after the scavenger hunt ends. Time for you to finish things up and chat (but not collect points) and time for us to tabulate everything.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HOW TO PLAY:
Try to complete items from the list as you make art.

Collect points by posting your completed tasks in the thread like this: “#8 Illustrate a song completed for 1 point!” You may post each time you complete a challenge or you can post a daily summary in the thread, whichever you prefer.

Once a day, please send a PM to theweavershand, with a list of the challenges you completed and the points you’ve accumulated. (If everyone sends a PM each time they complete a task, she is going to get a ton of messages.)

Also, please keep your own list of your completed points. You can do a spreadsheet on your home pc or you can scribble them in a notebook or on a sticky note or write them on your hand and don’t wash it....whatever. The point is we may need to compare your list with our list.
What do we mean when we say:

*"Project"–ATC, inchie, bookmark, chunky page, art doll, charm, postcard, journal page, or any size/type of art piece
*"Illustrate"-- use that as your subject or theme - you may depict the topic with any media (unless the task calls for a specific media.)
*"Media" --pencil, pen, marker, ink, paint, collage, pastel, fabric, etc...

Questions? Just ask. The point is to be creative and have FUN! If you stop having fun, we will take points away. Ok, we won’t. But remember this is about fun and not stress.

And here are the scavenger hunt tasks:

================================================== =====
participation tasks: (10 points)

1) +1 point : for each day you participate in the art-a-thon (up to 5)
2) +1 point : leave "rep points" for 3 people whose art you like, or who make you smile/laugh (honor system)
3) +1 point : make at least 1 trade during the art-a-thon
4) +1 point : post in this thread 1 thing you love about ATCsForAll.com
5) +1 point: try something new!
6) +1 point: post a joke or funny story in this thread

Use the following themes/ideas on a project (combined or separate - any project, any media or mixed media): (45 points)

8) +1 point: Illustrate a song title
9) +1 point: Open the nearest drawer and grab the first item you see - illustrate it (any media)
*If you do not have a drawer handy, you may grab an item from the nearest box, container, bag, etc...
10) +1 point: Illustrate a favorite childhood memory. (this could be a pet, vacation, toy, pastime, friend, etc...)
11) +1 point: Use black and white colors only (any media: draw, paint, fabric, digital, collage, etc...)
12) +1 point: Make a self-portrait. (any media, any style: whimsical, classical portrait, fantasy, etc...)

13) +4 points (1 point for each season): Illustrate the four seasons. (can be all in 1 project, or 4 separate projects)
14) +1 point: Design a creature that is a combination of at least two different animals. (any media)

15) +1 point: Monochromatic (all shades of 1 color)
16) +1 point: Moving Parts - something must move on the project (flap, pop-up, spinner, etc...)
17) +1 point: Illustrate a Chair - any style, real or imagined.
18) +1 point: Pointillism - make a project with dots only (any media. *collage artists: get out your hole punches!)
19) +1 point: Start with a black background

20) +1 point: Create a personal symbol & use it on a project
21) +1 point: Illustrate a dream (or object from a dream you had).
22) +1 point: Illustrate a treehouse
23) +1 point: Whimsical Person (any media)
24) +1 point: Illustrate a mood - (but use no people in the project).

25) +1 point: Illustrate something unusual in a teacup. (item, person, animal, etc...)
26) +1 point: Steampunk theme (any media)
27) +1 point: Illustrate something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue - all on 1 project
28) +1 point: Open the nearest door and illustrate what is behind it (any media)
29) +1 point: Illustrate a creature wearing clothing. (insect, bird or animal)

30) +1 point: Illustrate 3 things that start with the first letter of your screenname on one project.
31) +2 points: Faux postage - design your own postage & use on a project (any media)
32) +2 points: Take one of your "Oops!" projects and make it good. (show before and after images)

33) +2 points: Find a pattern in nature (may find it in a nature photo if you like) and Illustrate the pattern in a new way.
34) +2 points: Haiku Poetry - (syllables: 5-7-5) Use in a project. You may use a language other than English as long as the syllables work.
35) +2 points: Find a photo online and use it for inspiration, make a project based on it.
36) +3 points: complete 3 projects - each with a face having a different expression
37) +3 points: complete 3 projects - each with the same item shown in different ways or media
38) +3 points: Illustrate the entire alphabet on 1 project (any media, any style)

Use these items on a project (separate or together): (8 points)

39) +1 point: tissue paper
40) +1 point: a piece from your junk mail
41) +1 point: texture rubbing (use pencil, crayon, etc .. to rub a texture onto paper)
42) +1 point: string or thread
43) +1 point: Origami - Fold something out of paper to use on a project. (lots of tutorials online)
44) +1 point: a blue button
45) +1 point: a postage stamp with a bird on it
46) +1 points: an item found outdoors

Bonus Tasks: (37 points)

47) +1 point: Paint or stamp with an unusual item (toothbrush, sponge, utensil, elbow, etc...)
48) +2 points: Create a Collage project using no scissors - torn paper edges only.
49) +2 points: make your own stamp & then use it on a project
(can be made from whatever you have handy eraser, potato, sponge, etc..)
50) +2 points: make a stencil and make 2 ATCs that are different using the same stencil
(you may cut it yourself or use a punch) (stencil with pencil/crayon/paint/marker/pastel/whatever)
51) +2 points: Create a project using cut paper only - no drawing, no painting.
(Not collage images, but plain or patterned paper cut as simple a snowflake or as complex as you like.)
52) +2 points: Ink Blot: Drip some ink or paint or liquid color of some type onto a paper & fold it in half - unfold and use this as the basis for your project.
53) +2 points: Weave a background for a project: (paper or fabric or ribbon or misc. materials)
54) +3 points: find a rock/stone and art it up (paint it, collage it, crochet over it, wrap it with fabric & beads, whatever)
55) +3 points: Make a Paperdoll (any media/mixed media)
56) +3 points: Make some beads - use paper, fabric, glass, clay, wire, found objects, etc ...
57) +5 points: Make art outdoors and photograph it.
(ideas: build a sandcastle or snow sculpture, arrange natural elements in an artistic way, or hang your art from a tree, be creative)
58) +5 points: Make a crown, tiara, or party hat for yourself (be creative - any media ~ mixed media) :
+3 points: extra points if you post a photo of someone wearing it.
+2 points: if that someone is you!

===================================
If you do everything, you can earn 100 points!

theweavershand
07-22-2013, 12:27 PM
woohoo! cant wait!

CynthiaSillitoe
07-22-2013, 01:06 PM
Me too! :)

sharlene54
07-22-2013, 01:28 PM
I'll be playing. A scavenger hunt sounds like a lot of fun. I can't imagine what to expect.

Jean
07-22-2013, 01:34 PM
I'll play as much as I can!

sunriseiz
07-22-2013, 04:57 PM
I'll be playing as much as I can! I have to make an out of town sporting trip this weekend, but it sounds like too much fun not to try! :)

CynthiaSillitoe
07-22-2013, 05:10 PM
Yay, I'm glad so many people are planning to play!

Theresagram
07-22-2013, 08:58 PM
I'm here. :D

mzspurslasso
07-22-2013, 10:24 PM
Sounds fun! I'll be in and out this weekend but will try to post as I can.

dsign49
07-22-2013, 10:53 PM
I will try and play. I have to agree that the scavenger does sound very interesting.

Della
07-22-2013, 11:02 PM
Wow, definatly sounds like fun, I cannot imagine how a scavenger hunt will go or if I will actually have any of the huntables but I am willing to give it a go!!!

HiddenTreasure2010
07-22-2013, 11:18 PM
I'm here and were official...I feel so special. Thanks to our hosts....love these things.

notinkansas
07-22-2013, 11:18 PM
I'll try to get here....gotta see what's up with the scavenger hunt!

KESagers
07-22-2013, 11:21 PM
Thanks for the reminder - I'm looking forward to it! :)

Cathy1
07-22-2013, 11:44 PM
Hope to join in the fun

theweavershand
07-23-2013, 12:20 AM
woohoo! we are going to have so much fun!

jonquil
07-23-2013, 12:41 AM
Looking forward to this - will play when I can

Evalila
07-23-2013, 12:43 AM
I´m here :)

mrubyjean
07-23-2013, 12:45 AM
Me too...hoping to play!

Donnacr
07-23-2013, 01:25 AM
I'm definitely here (but my craft room isn't :sad:) I'll just have to make do with what I DO have - challenging!
can't wait for the scavenger hunt :jiggy::jiggy:

catb
07-23-2013, 04:52 AM
Maybe.....

goatgoddess
07-23-2013, 10:09 AM
I've got mth end on Sunday but will be playing when I'm not there - thanks for setting this up!!

Just Ducky
07-23-2013, 11:28 AM
getting my ducks in a row......:duck::duck: :duck: now where's my glue stick ????

lilbad
07-23-2013, 11:58 AM
I hope to play.

CynthiaSillitoe
07-23-2013, 12:10 PM
Getting excited here! And testing my signature. :)

HotMamaRama
07-23-2013, 12:48 PM
Haven't been around for one of these in ages. Might get some time to play along, otherwise I'll just lurk and give out reps for the fun of it! :)

CynthiaSillitoe
07-23-2013, 12:50 PM
Lurk away! Making art is great, but so is hanging out. I don't even know how much I'll get done. I may be too busy admiring art. :)

NancyL
07-23-2013, 02:50 PM
At least I'll read the thread.

FlyingPhoenix
07-23-2013, 04:50 PM
Helping my mom with a yard sale this weekend, so I don't know how much Ill play. But Ill lurk and doodle at least!

prayer_at_night
07-23-2013, 05:58 PM
I'm so here!
My trip last weekend and those bloody BBC PAT cards have eaten so much time I'm rather behind on other artsy obligations... there are some (inchie) houses waiting to be built, some swap cards to be both drawn and collaged.... And I hope to get to play for fun, too. ;)
That scavenger hunt sounds interesting! I don't really know what to expect... exciting! :D

jensaz
07-23-2013, 08:50 PM
I will try to play!

CynthiaSillitoe
07-23-2013, 10:21 PM
Less than 26 hours until I post the scavenger hunt. :)

bsvab
07-24-2013, 05:44 AM
sound exciting. I will be away sunday, but I will give it a go.

chaosatlanta
07-24-2013, 06:21 AM
Looks like it is going to be quite a party!

Donnacr
07-24-2013, 07:10 AM
But I only have 5 hours before it is Thursday!! :(

And now I have been told that I lose most of Friday - have to go to the capital to get my final visa (you need 3 different visas before you can reside here long term):huh:

CynthiaSillitoe
07-24-2013, 11:42 AM
But I only have 5 hours before it is Thursday!! :(

And now I have been told that I lose most of Friday - have to go to the capital to get my final visa (you need 3 different visas before you can reside here long term):huh:

You get those hours back. To be fair, I needed a set period of time, so no one can see the list way in advance and start early. I went with Eastern U.S., but that means it doesn't end until the end of Monday Eastern U.S. time, so some of you actually get to play through Tuesday. :)

I'll post a few countdowns to both the beginning and the end of it for those who (rightly) don't pay much attention to Eastern U.S. time.

CynthiaSillitoe
07-24-2013, 11:44 AM
And, of course, you can start posting regular art as soon as it is Thursday your time.

Just Ducky
07-24-2013, 12:28 PM
this duck need INPUT.... I am here with a total blank look and my glue sticks are drying out....
come on give me some hints... I was thinking we started in the wee hours of Friday morning... and dang, I just finally woke up to the fact that's it's starting in the wee hours of Thursday.... that's only 11 and half hours from now ???? oh..oh.... HELP....

CynthiaSillitoe
07-24-2013, 12:40 PM
Put the caps on those glue sticks! No, we're starting wee hours of Thursday or whenever is good for you after that. It's both an athon (which will run before and after the scavenger hunt) so you have time to warm up with whatever you want to work on and finish up whatever you want at the end. And you don't have to play the scavenger hunt. Or you can play a little or a lot.

The hint I'll give you is that these are fun art tasks and prompts. They will work with any level and any media. Some also involve just being in the thread, so even if you don't have time to create, you'll be able to acquire some points. Whoever earns the most points wins bragging rights and a prize from theweavershand. :)

Vicki Z
07-24-2013, 12:41 PM
Hi Ducky!
You are in Michigan, which, I think, puts you in the same time zone as me, here in Minnesota.
That means 12 and a half hours from now, so lucky you!
You have an extra hour to prepare.

Input?
Just make more of what you already make.
I swear every time we do art athons, everyone on this site wants the same card(s) of yours that I do!
Your part postage stamp, part drawn art, ATCs, like the birds on the fenceposts, seem particularly appealing. Maybe you could start there!

Come on Ducky, go get that big bag of stamps, open it in front of the fan, and see what awesomeness lands on the floor that can be worked into a drawing. Just don't start drawing for 12 1/2 hours yet.:no:

Cathy1
07-24-2013, 02:44 PM
It's been Thursday here for nearly 7 hours but I have to go to work to earn some money to pay for my art addictions. Hope to play later.

Just Ducky
07-24-2013, 02:47 PM
oh cool idea Vicki... at least this will give me Something to play around with... I just sooo out of ideas this round... now where's them stamps...?????

HELLOooooo Cathy... go make more supply' money gal... we still waiting on the clock....

CynthiaSillitoe
07-24-2013, 04:02 PM
Eight hours to go!

chaosatlanta
07-24-2013, 04:13 PM
WooHoo! I can pretty much guess that I will fall asleep before the Art-a-Thon starts :sleep: ... but I will pop by early in the morning to say "hi" and see all the beautimous artsy goodness. I hope to at least be able to play tomorrow afternoon/evening a bit.

sharlene54
07-24-2013, 04:14 PM
Eight hours to go here on the east coast. I'm playing cards tonight, maybe I'll create something when I get home, before I go to sleep. I usually can't sleep for awhile after cards.

I've been experimenting with different mediums, molding paste and glass beads. Maybe more crazy experimenting after midnight.

FlyingPhoenix
07-24-2013, 04:29 PM
Going to pack up my supplies so I have something to play with as I babysit a garage sale tomorrow. Here's hoping that in the afternoon slump I can kick out a card, doll or two.

KESagers
07-24-2013, 04:54 PM
Sounds like everyone is gearing up. My craft room is still a mess but I did get my paper cutter cleared off! :wacko:

sharlene54
07-24-2013, 05:00 PM
That's a start, Kristin. I think I better clear off my art table. It's so easy to make a disorganized mess, and so hard to clean it all up.

CynthiaSillitoe
07-24-2013, 05:19 PM
Clean tables are seriously overrated, although it is a pain when you can't get at the paper cutter.

FlyingPhoenix
07-24-2013, 05:31 PM
TRUE THAT! Mine goes missing....

Packing is hard....I know I'll have only a small space to work with, and limited tools, AND it has to be something that can quickly be packed up...ugh. I'll figure it out though!

Theresagram
07-24-2013, 06:09 PM
ACK!! :swoon: I need an art room intervention!!!:shocked: It looks like a bomb went off in here! I've got to tidy up so I can have room to play!! :jiggy:

prayer_at_night
07-24-2013, 06:26 PM
It's play time already here! :D
For the start, I'll finish some Cont. Random RR cards that I want to be done... This set is sooo time consuming! :wacko:
After that, I'll make some inchie houses, I guess - I do have a theoretical trade with Jean going, I just need to make some houses first. ;)

FlyingPhoenix
07-24-2013, 06:32 PM
E GADS! I just found about 5 Minions I was starting to paint! Good grief.

My stuff is all packed and ready to go. My Studio is a DISASTER, but my art table is mostly clear, but since I'll be doing this away from home tomorrow, it doesn't really matter, I guess. Saturday will be another story. Mom called not to long ago and said that she still has to price and set EVERYTHING up. Yay. Fun times. Maybe I can scavenge some more stuff to play with....hmmm....but I've got to get out of here before I have the whole studio packed! LOL!

CynthiaSillitoe
07-24-2013, 06:39 PM
I need minions and an art room intervention!

And PrayerAtNight is ready to start, yay!

And we're getting closer to the scavenger hunt!

prayer_at_night
07-24-2013, 06:51 PM
How long till the scavenger hunt starts, Cynthia? I probably won't be around then... It's always sleeping time for me when the fun for you guys starts. :twitcy:

See you all tomorrow! (As in, after I slept. *lol* It's always "today" when I'm awake and "tomorrow" is the next morning, no matter what time it is. ;) )

CynthiaSillitoe
07-24-2013, 07:18 PM
About 4 1/2 hours. We're getting closer. :)

prayer_at_night
07-24-2013, 07:30 PM
Uuuh... definitely sleeping time for me. ;) It'll be six in the morning then, and it's my holidays, so no way I'll be up then. ;P I'll see what you all have been up to when I'm awake again! *yawns* I'm for bed. Goodnight, ladies (and gentlemen?)!

CynthiaSillitoe
07-24-2013, 08:12 PM
See you tomorrow!

Della
07-24-2013, 08:23 PM
JUST WANTED TO ANNOUNCE TO THE WORLD...............................I have graduated from Rookie to Novice, I have 4, count 'em, 4 green boxes, and I am 1 trader thingey short of FIFTY YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! :jiggy: happy dancin' all OVER the place!!!!!!!!!!!!! Life is good!

dmnh
07-24-2013, 08:44 PM
I thwarted a kidnapping so I will be here to play for the duration! No idea what will be on the agenda other than the scavenger hunt and whatever it inspires. I will be finishing a painting of a turkey while I wait for the athon to begin.

lilbad
07-24-2013, 08:50 PM
Do we post pics here and in our gallery. My gallery is always full.

CynthiaSillitoe
07-24-2013, 09:10 PM
Congrats, Della!

Glad you're joining us, Donna!

Lil, whatever works for you!

We're under three hours and I'm talking in exclamation points! But I've been like that since theweavershand sent me the list!

Nancy
07-24-2013, 09:39 PM
Cynthia, You have the list!!!!!!!!! Can you be bribed??? like maybe a 6 page cat chunky book for half the list....Amy is so sweet and kind, I know that she would not hurt you!!

CynthiaSillitoe
07-24-2013, 10:41 PM
Yes, but I think sweet Amy meant it when she sent it titled "top secret."

On the other hand, if you add some chocolate to the deal.... :)

Evalila
07-24-2013, 10:43 PM
Okay, it´s 4:39 am here in Germany. Time to play (Thanks, insomnia :wacko:)!

Probably my niece will join us later today - she wants to do some collaged cards. She´s obviously like me - she likes to get messy with glue and paint***LOL***

CynthiaSillitoe
07-24-2013, 11:09 PM
If it weren't for insomnia, I'd never get anything done. :) I can't wait to see your creations and her creations!

Less than an hour! I just had to change something because this was designed for 4 days, and we're doing 5, so now I'm checking my math. Um, math is not my strong suit.

Just Ducky
07-24-2013, 11:46 PM
well it's 20 minutes for me and I am uncapping my glue stick...
but now of coarse I am too pooped to par-tis-a-pate.. but hope to at least get something started so I can show and tell in the morning...
our 'downunder' gals are into Thursday afternoon already... and I just going to bed.. wild...

CynthiaSillitoe
07-24-2013, 11:56 PM
Five minutes to go and the details are posted! Go to post 2. Ask questions. I will try to answer them. And then most of us will go to bed and start tomorrow. :)

CynthiaSillitoe
07-25-2013, 12:22 AM
I'll take that silence to mean everyone has gone to sleep. Which is what I need to do. Why do we start these things at midnight? I mean, I start them at midnight because every athon I've ever played in started at midnight, but what's the tradition for?

Ok, see you all in the morning. And, knowing me, possibly a couple of times during the night.

Donnacr
07-25-2013, 01:13 AM
It is now 1.10pm Thursday for me and I have only finished 1 card!?! :swoon: I keep reaching for things that are in transit - very frustrating~!!!!:arghh:
Here's the card that I have completed (for some reason our Indonesian printer 'ghosts' everything - the card looks better IRL)

mrubyjean
07-25-2013, 02:05 AM
Nice, Donna!

I had hoped to stay up until midnight...but my eyelids are closing.
I printed the scavenger hunt list and I'll start in the much later morning!

theweavershand
07-25-2013, 02:25 AM
lol...awww...i couldnt hurt a fly, Cynthia. so excited to get started!

Chaosatlanta not only came up with this fabulous list but she created a database for keeping track of everyone's completed tasks that tabulates the points and everything! how awesome is she!!

i wont be able to keep up with your completed tasks in the thread so dont forget to send me a PM once or twice a day so i can keep the database up to date.

i wont be competing, of course, but i may do some of the challenges anyway. i know the first time i found the list inspired me to try a lot of things i wouldnt have even thought of.

i hope everyone has a ball with it! good luck!

dmnh
07-25-2013, 02:28 AM
Very nice card, Donna! I love the combination of red and white!

I'm working on a wire armature bird covered in junk mail. I'll show him off later. He has to dry a bit before I can continue on with him. I'll show him off tomorrow. I've drawn 3 ATCs and cut more ATC blanks. I haven't finished the turkey painting yet but will work on it throughout the weekend. I have till the 31st to get it done. Progress is being made!

Now to check out the scavenger list and see what I can come up with from it!

Evalila
07-25-2013, 03:28 AM
Okay, here´s my "warm-up"-card.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_July001.jpg

CynthiaSillitoe
07-25-2013, 04:18 AM
Great cards, Donna and Evalila! I just woke up to a hungry cat. When I asked her how many challenges she'd done, she looked at me as if I were stranger than usual....

KittyNL
07-25-2013, 04:33 AM
Goodmorning all! I just remember that there was an athon going on :). And I will have some time to play!! Let me print off the scavenger hunt list first, looks interesting.

See you later, I need to finish some work first before I can play :policeman:

sniisk
07-25-2013, 05:01 AM
Hi everyone! I think I'm having only a quick visit here but may play a bit too.

dmnh
07-25-2013, 05:18 AM
It is good to see so many folks playing in this athon! The more the merrier, I say!

I have been working on the bird. Change of plans for him! He's made from wire and junk mail but I covered up the junk mail with tissue paper and purple glitter. You all will get to see him later as he's not done yet.

Right now I have 4 ATCs to share and trade. The last three are inspired by Laurel Burch cats. If you want a kitty, just shoot me off a PM and I'll get back with you.

I hope everyone is having a great day!

green kitty traded
orange flowered kitty traded
pink spotted green kitty traded
purple winged kitty

Evalila
07-25-2013, 05:50 AM
Great, more players:) Good to see you here, Sanna! Hope you´re feeling better!!

Evalila
07-25-2013, 05:52 AM
Here´s my second card. I think I´ll stick with drawing. Lisa (my niece) has occupied my "Collage and get messy" stand up table **LOL**

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_July002.jpg # 2

chaosatlanta
07-25-2013, 06:03 AM
Lovely cards Donnacr, Evalila, and dmnh!

I am brewing my coffee and getting ready to start my day. I was dreaming about the art-a-thon last night, so I am going to zip through my work and will be back to play as soon as I can.

prayer_at_night
07-25-2013, 07:25 AM
Yay, it's started! :D Love what you all have been posting already (and bloody hell, you are fast!), and absolutely love, love, love the scavenger hunt list! So many ideas, so little time... I'll try to play later today!

I've a question: in 1), it says we can get one point for every day we participate in the a-thon. Does "participate" mean "make and post art" or "be there and write posts"?

KESagers
07-25-2013, 07:49 AM
Off to a good start! I'm just checking in before my morning nap to say "Hi" to everyone!

Sniisk I hope you are feeling better and can play with us.

Evalila
07-25-2013, 07:59 AM
Hi there:D

Here´s my # 3

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_July003.jpg

prayer_at_night
07-25-2013, 08:04 AM
Actually, it has been running here for almost 7 hours, so I am embarrassed I only have 3 cards completed.
Silly things like breakfast, getting dressed, driving to work, keep interrupting.

*lol* I know something about those silly things... can you believe that my dishes actually insisted on being washed when there's an a-thon going on? So silly, all those things that keep you from making art... :nah:

dmnh
07-25-2013, 08:10 AM
Nice work, everyone!

I've been up all night doing not but art of one kind or another. Slowly working my way through the scavenger hunt list.

I opened the drawer next to my desk and pulled out the tea tin I keep coins in. #9 on the list is now taken care of!

And the bird I've mentioned in every post I've made through the night is now done (except that he needs a bit more drying time!) He's for trade if anyone is interested. He's about 6 inches tall, made from a wire armature covered in junk mail. That wasn't working out quite like I thought it would so I covered the junk mail in tissue paper and then covered him with purple glitter which was then sealed with acrylic varnish. That way there is no shedding of glitter. He has a fabric flower attached to his chest and green googly eyes.

If you're interested in either of these shoot me off a PM and I will get back with you all.

apple spice tea ATC
purple glitter bird

dmnh
07-25-2013, 08:14 AM
LOL prayer at night! I ignored my dishes! And the laundry and all those other domestic chores. There is an athon in progress and I couldn't be bothered with housework. I did feed the dog and the cats....only because the cats won't leave me alone if that bowl of theirs is empty! I made a peanut butter sandwich earlier...probably should make me something more substantial than that before I call it a day.

FlyingPhoenix
07-25-2013, 09:15 AM
TOO fantastic work! So jealous!

Was up late pricing, and still at it this morning. @.@

On the bright-ish side, its been slow thus far, so we're plugging away. Stupid stickers keep falling off adding to the aggravation. Hoping that we'll make it through the boxes here soon so I can drag out my supplies...

sharlene54
07-25-2013, 09:27 AM
Good morning. I was working late last night. Will post later.

Great art from many,

Glad that Sniik could join.

The weather broke here, from 100 last week to sock weather today. The windows are open and I'm listening to the wonderful sound of lawn mowers. Someone is always mowing, no peace.

dina54
07-25-2013, 09:40 AM
OK, here is a picture of one of my cubbies (instead of a drawer) I will use something in here to illustrate for my first challenge. :)

I used one of the small jars with some daisy's from my garden. I think I should get an extra point for trying to do this while babysitting a 3 year old...

Donnacr
07-25-2013, 09:57 AM
I love the fact that we can share our messy stories and even show our messy craft rooms and people still make lovely comments. Without this site I would have gone stir crazy in China and you are going to keep me sane while I am in Indonesia (once I work out their postal system :D:wacko:)
that's #4 on the list - done!

Here are my first 5 cards (#1 is trying something new. I had always wanted to try the cut and fold technique, and now I have - it's a lot of fun!! and that's # 5 on the list - done!)
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/1_IMG_20130725_0001.jpg#1 http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/1_IMG_20130725_0002.jpg#2 http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/1_IMG_20130725_0003.jpg#3 http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/1_IMG_20130725_0004.jpg#4 http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/1_IMG_20130725_0005.jpg#5

and now to bed as we have to leave at 5.30am tomorrow for an 'enjoyable' 3hr trip through murderous mountains to reach the capital city Samarinda. Sleep tight everyone.

sniisk
07-25-2013, 10:00 AM
When talking about craft rooms, I have to annouce that I have one now :). My own room. I will have the opening day some day in September or October and will invite people to share the day with me. Maybe not possible to come from Indonesia but maybe from Southern Finland.

CynthiaSillitoe
07-25-2013, 10:33 AM
Ooooh, lovely art, everyone!

Sanna, that's so cool about your art room!

I have to do a few annoying real life things and then I'll be off to the studio. Thanks for getting us off to a great start. :)

Nancy
07-25-2013, 11:04 AM
What a storm we had from 4 to 7 am...never saw so much lightening and loud thunders..Went back to sleep and got up a few minutes ago when my neighbor phoned to say... Stay inside..There is an alligator under your car in the driveway!
so this will be a great AThon day for me!!

KittyNL
07-25-2013, 11:15 AM
What an exciting day for everyone! A new art room, China and Indonesia and an alligator under the car... :wacko: It is kind of a dull day for me. I finished the training materials I was writing for a company (on VAT (indirect taxes) and automation) :dull:, did some shopping and did some ATCs. I am now waiting for my sister who comes to dinner!

Here are my first ATCs, 2 with alcohol inks and 2 collaged:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_ATART_1.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_ATART_2.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_ATART_3.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_ATART_4.jpg

dmnh
07-25-2013, 11:18 AM
Geeze, Nancy! I hope the alligator leaves soon and doesn't cause too much havoc. Fortunately for me, alligators don't run wild in Kansas. The first time I ever saw a wild alligator was in Louisiana a few years ago. They freaked me out! Sounds like a good plan to stay inside and make art!

I have 3 more ATCs done but will have to wait to show them to you all. I have to go to town and then to my sister's house for awhile. I'll be back later though! Art on!!!

sunriseiz
07-25-2013, 11:22 AM
GEE WHIZ! You guys are FAST! Love looking at all the great cards! Hope to get a couple of my own done today!

jo.on.the.go
07-25-2013, 11:26 AM
I just saw this athon/scavenger thing and since I don't have anything going, I guess I better read the directions and get myself cranking out some cards!

Just Ducky
07-25-2013, 11:33 AM
Hello EVERYONE of you crafty gals... running behind (as always).. so here are my first 2
then I gotta read back and get caught up...

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_atart_1.jpg... A-Thon #1
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_atart_2.jpg..... A-Thon #2 (TRADED) thank you

chaosatlanta
07-25-2013, 11:39 AM
Oh Ducky, +1 point for using a stamp with a bird on it (#45), and +1 point for Monochromatic (#15).

CynthiaSillitoe
07-25-2013, 11:49 AM
We should have added an extra point for alligators under cars. Yikes! Though I guess it could go with funny story as long as he leaves quietly. :)

Off to the studio....

sharlene54
07-25-2013, 11:52 AM
Alligators, I have seen a few alligators in FL, but not up close and not personal.
The most I see around here are squirrels and chipmunk and the occasional groundhog. That's fine with me.

Here is a picture of a junk drawer that I took over in my daughter's desk when she moved to her own place. It was easy to do.
I know I can find stuff to use on a card.

dina54
07-25-2013, 11:54 AM
We should have added an extra point for alligators under cars. Yikes! Though I guess it could go with funny story as long as he leaves quietly. :)

Off to the studio....

I agree!

Just Ducky
07-25-2013, 11:58 AM
just printed off the list... and dang... already I got points ???? thanks Chaos for the heads up, already.... yikes... guess I better read the list...

Nancy, see, you never know what you will wake up to in the morning, yikes, alligator..

sniisk
07-25-2013, 12:01 PM
This is a fantastic way to get something new to made. The ideas are awesome! I have to see the list in the second post and see if my cards I made could fit in some tasks.

(4) +1 point : post in this thread 1 thing you love about ATCsForAll.com)
Also
(1) +1 point : for each day you participate in the art-a-thon (up to 5))
(2) +1 point : leave "rep points" for 3 people whose art you like, or who make you smile/laugh (honor system))

sniisk
07-25-2013, 12:13 PM
My first card.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_66.jpg MATART #1

(11) +1 point: Use black and white colors only (any media: draw, paint, fabric, digital, collage, etc...))

jo.on.the.go
07-25-2013, 12:28 PM
Here are my first cards...Quilting Bees.
Double X - with blue x's
Flock of Geese 1 - blues and greens, "landscape"
Flock of Geese 2 - blues and greens, "portrait"
Jacob's Ladder - oranges, yellows and reds
London Roads - multi-colored

Della
07-25-2013, 12:31 PM
What a storm we had from 4 to 7 am...never saw so much lightening and loud thunders..Went back to sleep and got up a few minutes ago when my neighbor phoned to say... Stay inside..There is an alligator under your car in the driveway!
so this will be a great AThon day for me!!

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH, THE PLEASURES OF LIVING IN CENTRAL FLORIDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sharlene54
07-25-2013, 12:42 PM
Well, I finally finished my first card-STEAMPUNK (1 point). I need to catch up.

1Q (traded)

sniisk
07-25-2013, 12:43 PM
And here are some more.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/2_7.jpg MATART #2

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_81.jpg MATART #3 TRADED

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_63.jpg MATART #4

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_46.jpg MATART #5 TRADED

(13) +4 points (1 point for each season): Illustrate the four seasons. (can be all in 1 project, or 4 separate projects))

sniisk
07-25-2013, 12:50 PM
I don't know where you got tyhe idea of this Scavenger Hunt but I love it! I'm already waiting for that we will have the next one because I know that I can't play a lot this time. Still recovering and having health problems.

sniisk
07-25-2013, 12:56 PM
This has been much more productive (and painless) day than I thought in the morning. I have ideas or almost made card for some other tasks too. Yay!

sniisk
07-25-2013, 01:24 PM
Two more cards.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_89.jpg MATART #6

(21) +1 point: Illustrate a dream (or object from a dream you had))

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/2_1.jpg MATART #7

(42) +1 point: string or thread,
44) +1 point: a blue button,
45) +1 point: a postage stamp with a bird on it)

CynthiaSillitoe
07-25-2013, 01:25 PM
I don't know where you got tyhe idea of this Scavenger Hunt but I love it! I'm already waiting for that we will have the next one because I know that I can't play a lot this time. Still recovering and having health problems.

Chaosatlanta hosted one once, I think before my time. I was just going to say "Everyone show up" and theweavershand said... "Hey, why don't we do this..."
Isn't it fun? :notworthy:

And, yes, everyone remember to collect your participation points. Those are easy to forget, but add up!

I've got cards to scan, points to add, and then I'll post that. Then I'm going to check under my car for alligators (I can't get over that, though, yes, I've heard Florida alligator stories before, but...) and perhaps take a nap before more studio time. Yay!

Evalila
07-25-2013, 01:34 PM
Would anyone like to trade with my 13 yr. old niece Lisa? She´d love to receive cards from other countries:D

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_July004.jpg # 4 made by Lisa

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_July005.jpg # 5, made by Lisa

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_July006.jpg # 6, made by me

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_July007.jpg # 7, made by Lisa

dina54
07-25-2013, 01:35 PM
Two more:
Challenge #19- "Black Background" (moo cards)
#45 - "Stamp w/bird on it"

Better views in my gallery

CynthiaSillitoe
07-25-2013, 01:38 PM
Ok, so 3 points for me today:

1 point for participation
1 point for reps
1 point using tissue paper on a card

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7318/small/1_ivorytower.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7318/small/1_vincent.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7318/small/1_iamshesaid.jpg

sniisk
07-25-2013, 01:40 PM
Does it count as something new when I have been crafting with only one eye open all day? :wacko:

sniisk
07-25-2013, 01:42 PM
Could some explain what does "Illustrate a treehouse" mean?

theweavershand
07-25-2013, 01:47 PM
so glad everyone is enjoying the scavenger hunt. we all need to thank chaosatlanta, who originally created it for an ATART back in 2010.

please be sure to PM me with your points for the day. i wont be able to keep up with the points in the thread and dont want to miss out on crediting anyone.

sniisk
07-25-2013, 01:49 PM
Well, I think think that I have to explain a bit that one eye thing. I have a strong infection in my womb and now it had spread infections to all over my body. My lung is working only half power and my left eye is so swollen that I haven't seen anything with it for three days. But I'm happy that my right eye is finally open today!

Evalila
07-25-2013, 01:49 PM
Does it count as something new when I have been crafting with only one eye open all day? :wacko:

One eye????? Explanation, please :laugh:

theweavershand
07-25-2013, 01:50 PM
Sanna...in the last one I made a chunky with a treehouse on it. i combined it with 3 others to cover the 4 seasons challenge. anything you do that features a treehouse will be fine.

Could some explain what does "Illustrate a treehouse" mean?

sniisk
07-25-2013, 01:53 PM
Sanna...in the last one I made a chunky with a treehouse on it. i combined it with 3 others to cover the 4 seasons challenge. anything you do that features a treehouse will be fine.

So I don't need to go out and build one :idea:.

Evalila
07-25-2013, 01:53 PM
OMG, Sanna! That sounds dreadful! Hope you get well soon!!

Vicki Z
07-25-2013, 01:55 PM
Well, I think think that I have to explain a bit that one eye thing. I have a strong infection in my womb and now it had spread infections to all over my body. My lung is working only half power and my left eye is so swollen that I haven't seen anything with it for three days. But I'm happy that my right eye is finally open today!

Thanks for the explanation, and I hope you get better soon..

I originally thought you were joking - like when I am soooo groggy I say I drive to work with only one eye open.:wacko:

sniisk
07-25-2013, 01:58 PM
Vicki, it was more like a joke but it's also true at the same time. I have been very sick over two months so I have started to find weird positive sides in my life.

Evalila
07-25-2013, 02:02 PM
That´s probably the best way to deal with such things.

chaosatlanta
07-25-2013, 02:07 PM
the Earth without "Art" is just "Eh".

dmnh
07-25-2013, 02:22 PM
I'm home from town, groceries bought, the dishes are done and the kitchen floor is now mopped too. Whew! Wish I could say I did those dishes and mopped the floor but it wasn't me! I only put the dishes away after they were done. Ma did all the work. It was her idea, not mine but you don't say no when someone wants to do your dishes or mop your kitchen floor! I love my mother! She frequently helps me with housework. Which is a good thing cause some days I simply do not have the energy to do it myself.
Ma's gone home now so it's time for me to get back to art till my sister shows up. She ran off to Phillipsburg so I didn't go to her house. She's coming here instead when she gets home.

Sanna, I'm glad you feel well enough to play with us today. I hope you get well really soon! Healing will come faster with a good attitude--which you seem to have.

Great work everyone! I'll be back in awhile with something to show!

CynthiaSillitoe
07-25-2013, 02:23 PM
Oh, Sanna, you've been through it!

Next time, let's make sure "find alligator under car" and "create art with only one eye open" are on the list!

sniisk
07-25-2013, 02:28 PM
Next time, let's make sure "find alligator under car" and "create art with only one eye open" are on the list!

The first one is a bit hard but I can steal a car and drive it to the zoo. But you have to be the one who is responsible of it!

KESagers
07-25-2013, 02:32 PM
I was going to ask if an alligator under the car earned a point. . .

Hang in the Sniisk - things have to get better for you soon - they just have to! Sending you hugs and good thoughts!

Lots and lots of great art already! I just printed off some images and hope to get started soon.

sarat
07-25-2013, 02:55 PM

I am so sorry you are struggling with your health. I am thinking of you and hoping for better days ahead.:spinny:

sarat
07-25-2013, 02:56 PM
Just found out about this. Gotta get out my supplies and
C
R
E
A
T
E

Evalila
07-25-2013, 03:09 PM
and another one made by Lisa (13):

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_July008.jpg # 8

sniisk
07-25-2013, 03:16 PM
I think they are my last cards today.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_73.jpg MATART #8 TRADED

(12) +1 point: Make a self-portrait. (any media, any style: whimsical, classical portrait, fantasy, etc...)), blind drawing

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_75.jpg MATART #9

(15) +1 point: Monochromatic (all shades of 1 color))

Just Ducky
07-25-2013, 03:29 PM
first.... Sanna, it's just so great that you are joining in this weekend..
second... has Nancy in Florida ever come back to update the alligator ???
third... you bet Evalila... I would love art from Lisa... will check your gallery
fourth... dang I forgot ... so HI everyone... great show and tell... fun yaking with ya all...

and now... 4 more show and tell from me and Ducks...
kinda thinking of these as My Signature cards.. since WE are NOT at the official AFA gathering they make signature cards... SO... so can WE...

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_Michigan_1.jpg..... Michigan Ducky #1

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_Michigan_2.jpg..... Michigan Ducky #2

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_Michigan_3.jpg..... Michigan Ducky #3 (TRADED).... thank you

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_Michigan_4.jpg..... Michigan Ducky #4 (TRADED)...... thanks gal

prayer_at_night
07-25-2013, 03:38 PM
Love those duckies! :cute:

One question for the hosts: Can I earn more then one point for one project? At the moment, I'm doing something with a black background that is also totally new for me, so that'd be two challenges in one card...?
Thanks for the awesome list of challenges, I want to do them all! :jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

KESagers
07-25-2013, 03:41 PM
Great idea to do Michigan Duck cards! :notworthy: I should do some NJ cards! :)

Just Ducky
07-25-2013, 03:54 PM
thanks gals for liking the Signature card idea... come on with some of yours...

and now... I am off the our County Fair... gonna pet some farm critters and eat lots of JUNK FOOD..

back later this evening... and as they say in the UK... "Carry On"

dmnh
07-25-2013, 03:55 PM
Love the Michigan Ducks, Ducky!

I have five more ATCs to share. If anyone wants one of them, shoot me off a PM and I will get back to you.

Annie in Spring ATC
Annie in Summer ATC
Annie in Autumn ATC
Annie in Winter ATC
Orange Tabby ATC

Nancy
07-25-2013, 04:19 PM
My gator is gone, hopefully back in the water, but I am wondering since there was some discussion about getting a point for an alligator if one of you sneaked over and got him!

CynthiaSillitoe
07-25-2013, 04:40 PM
Wasn't me, but if you ever get an elephant under your car, let me know.

theweavershand
07-25-2013, 05:03 PM
be sure to send me your point totals each day. i wont be able to keep track if they are just posted in the thread. id rather have a ton of PMs than not credit someone for what theyve done.

keep up the great work! hoping to be able to actually sit and admire it soon!

sharlene54
07-25-2013, 05:27 PM
I'm trying to keep up with the posts. Incredible art and great to see so many playing.

One of the things that is so great about ATCs for All is the variety of art, all levels of talent and how supportive we are of each other. I have learned lots especially when you share some of your personal stories, funny ones, uplifting ones and those of us that have had some difficult times. I was feeling depressed today for no apparent reason and I found that arting-it-up is helping get me out of my funk. I certainly could use some jokes and laughts.

I finally finished two more which I started in the middle of the night and just now got them done. Posting after I scan them.

dmnh
07-25-2013, 05:32 PM
Nancy, you can keep your rogue alligator but if an elephant shows up, I'll be wrestling Cynthia to capture it! :)

I have another ATC to share.
There's also a bowl to share, but not to trade. I will however trade small baggies of shredded US currency in exchange for art if anyone is interested. I can share 5 of them.
The bowl is made with shredded dollar bills and Elmer's glue. It's rather sturdy which somewhat surprised me. I didn't think it would be quite so sturdy!

If anyone is interested shoot me off a PM and I will get back to you.

Duck in a Suit ATC
shredded money baggies (5 available)

sharlene54
07-25-2013, 05:36 PM
2 Monochromatic for 1 point

2Q
3Q (TRADED)

CynthiaSillitoe
07-25-2013, 05:37 PM
be sure to send me your point totals each day. i wont be able to keep track if they are just posted in the thread. id rather have a ton of PMs than not credit someone for what theyve done.

keep up the great work! hoping to be able to actually sit and admire it soon!

Sorry, Amy, I put once a day in, but whatever works for you is what people should do. :)

CynthiaSillitoe
07-25-2013, 05:39 PM
Nancy, you can keep your rogue alligator but if an elephant shows up, I'll be wrestling Cynthia to capture it! :)
)

Wrestling is too much work. We'll arrange a time share. :cool:

dmnh
07-25-2013, 05:43 PM
Alright, a time share it will be! You're right! Wrestling IS too much work. (What WAS I thinking?) I just know I don't want the alligator! I know I could get along much better with an elephant than an alligator! :)

theweavershand
07-25-2013, 05:45 PM
Sorry, Amy, I put once a day in, but whatever works for you is what people should do. :)

once a day is just fine. i just see alot being posted in the thread and im hoping people realize that i wont be able to keep an accurate count from that.

chaosatlanta
07-25-2013, 05:48 PM
Hooray! Two cards done!

Whimsy Girl #229 - traded
(+1 point for #23 - whimsical person)
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/323/small/1_ATC229.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=371697)

Snail Mail Haiku #230 - traded
(+2 points for #34 - haiku)
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/323/small/1_ATC230.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=371700)

theweavershand
07-25-2013, 05:50 PM
woohoo! Cheryl is in the house! she gets all the credit for the fabulous scavenger hunt!!

CynthiaSillitoe
07-25-2013, 06:17 PM
once a day is just fine. i just see alot being posted in the thread and im hoping people realize that i wont be able to keep an accurate count from that.

That would be a pain!

Hi Cheryl, glad you could play!

Donna, if we do ever run into an alligator, I can show you my Crocodile Hunter skills. Crikey! But I'd prefer the elephant, too.

Nancy
07-25-2013, 06:21 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/1854/small/1_Scavenger_1.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=371712) # 19 Black background
# 23 Whimsical person
# 45 Stamp with bird
# 11 Black and white

prayer_at_night
07-25-2013, 06:24 PM
Okay, here's what I spent my day working on... yes, it is just one ATC. *headdesk*
I bought this funky "magic" paper a few days ago - it has a black surface that you can scratch away to get at the colourful layer below. So, well, I decided to tangle on it. And since my try-out piece of magic paper showed me that the only tool that works really well for my purpose is a needle, I tangled with a bloody needle. :wacko:
Anyway... this took me hours to get done, and I don't know if I can trade it. :wideeyed: So much work!
This is for
19) +1: Start with a black background and
5) +1: try something new.
:)
(Btw, I made the photo before gluing the paper onto cardboard; it is really rectangular, it just looks wonky because it's a little curled)

Not at AFA a-thon 1: rainbow tangle (available if I can part with it :cute: )

Sending a PM to theweavershand now! :)

chaosatlanta
07-25-2013, 06:37 PM
Here is my "funny". I bogarted these off another site and kept my favorites:

You might be an artist if:

You have dipped paint brushes in your coffee mug.
You purchase a ton of books, and most are blank inside.
The highlights in your hair are from your palette and not Clairol.
You can't find a nice outfit for your date because everything has paint smears on it.
Your date ends up with paint smears on her/him.
You're late for the date because you suddenly knew exactly what that detail of your latest painting needed and just had to fix it while it was fresh in your mind.
There are Prussian blue fingerprints on your phone.
You do judge a book by its cover.
You bought art supplies instead of food!
You draw your letters instead of write them.
You like to get plastered and paint the town red.
If dust bunnies are part of your mixed media.
When going on holiday you pack paint, pencils, and paper into your suitcase first!
While shopping you spend most of the time in the art material sections.
You gift art materials and expect art materials as gifts.
You talk, dream, think art.

CynthiaSillitoe
07-25-2013, 06:40 PM
Paint and glue on clothes. I also noticed some red paint over by the doorknob. Gotta take care of that before someone thinks it's blood.

Great art Nancy and Sarah!

Nancy
07-25-2013, 06:41 PM
Cynthia and dmnh, It is not likely, but not impossible, that an elephant could escape and wander through my yard..They are at Disney, the Tampa Zoo and Busch gardens
all within an hours drive to me...I will be on the lookout!!

KESagers
07-25-2013, 07:20 PM
I've been working hard but don't have anything to show for it yet but the great art keeps coming here to the thread.

FlyingPhoenix
07-25-2013, 07:34 PM
Loving the work being posted! I just don't have trade fodder yet. :(

I was able to do 3 inchies today...but awaiting my husband to pick me up so I can space out in my Studio for a bit.

dmnh
07-25-2013, 08:09 PM
I have a 'funny' and an ATC to trade, all in one! I swiped the idea, but the drawing is mine.

I'm going to be calling it a day pretty soon (and what a day it's been! I so agree with that statement! It's all good though!) I have a storm moving in and if radar is any indication, it might get a bit hairy in my neck of the woods in the next half hour or so.

I'm working on a some chunky pages that I will post probably tomorrow. I'll be working on them if I don't have to run next door to my sister's house cause of the weather. She has a basement, I don't. Wish me luck! I'll see you all on the flip side of this storm!

If anyone's interested in this ATC shoot me off a PM and I'll get back with you!

Jesus Saves ATC

theweavershand
07-25-2013, 08:10 PM
wow...this ATART is off with a bang! havent made a thing to trade yet but i did finish a moley spread and am finishing up an altered envie.

you guys rock!!

complicious
07-25-2013, 08:35 PM
Checking in; I should have scans of cards later. Wish me luck: it'll be the first time with a new scanner. I mainly finished a bunch of half done atcs, but I also did a fearless painting for warm up and an altered photo, neither of those for trade, lol.

chaosatlanta
07-25-2013, 08:41 PM
:biglaugh: @ dmnh!

CynthiaSillitoe
07-25-2013, 09:37 PM
What's a fearless painting?

And, Donna, don't get hit by a tornado just to outdo the alligator story!

dmnh
07-25-2013, 10:02 PM
No tornado for me. I am thankful for this even though a tornado would have totally blew the alligator story out of the water! It rained a lot in a short amount of time, but the storms moved on before they gave me too awful much. The lightning and thunder where spectacular! Still looks a bit green out there..Like it might hail ... but it quit raining! The front yard is under a couple inches of water but it will drain off before too long. Always floods in the front yard so it's no big deal.

I've been working on chunkys and I made some supper. This is probably it for me today. I need to walk across the back yard to my sister's house and then I'm hitting the hay!

Fearless painting, could be painting without fear? I'm going to be doing some fearless painting tomorrow cause the deadline for my turkey painting got bumped up to Saturday at 1 pm. Just slap some paint on and hope it turns out like you want? I really don't know what fearless painting is either. I'm just guessing!

Back to my chunkys.
Keep up the good work everyone. It's a blast to come to the thread and see what you all have done. Art on, Artists!

sharlene54
07-25-2013, 10:23 PM
Today was great. I enjoy reading what everyone is writing about. If I see an elephant or alligator in my backyard, I certainly will take a picture. What an inspiration that would be for some art.

It's good night to all.

complicious
07-25-2013, 10:39 PM
Cynthia, a 'fearless painting' is part of a workshop (free online!) from Dirty Footprints Studio (dot com). The idea is to paint big format and quickly, using your feelings rather than anything analytical or preplanned. I've been loving it as a way to thwart perfectionism, stop obsessing on technique, and just, as the instructor puts it 'paint like a 5 year old!'

My computer took an hour to update and I feel too tired now to tackle the scanner, so I'll do so tomorrow AM...time to make a couple more atcs now! I'm off to leave some reps in this thread. Good night, artists!!!

CynthiaSillitoe
07-25-2013, 10:48 PM
Ok, so new rule is that you only get a point for tornado, alligator or elephant in your yard, if you get a picture of it. :)

Fearless painting is what I've tried to do, but I need more practice. I paint like an 18 month old!

Off to send in my points and get some sleep. See you tomorrow!

Helene
07-25-2013, 10:58 PM
I LOVE scavenger hunts!
I just got back from work and I read page 1: That list is H-U-G-E !
But I guess this is still the 25th...and if I stay up late, I might be able to come up with something! lol....let's see...grab a handful of peanuts for dinner...a glass of something to drink (preferably with booze in it)...and head toward the craft room....

theweavershand
07-25-2013, 11:17 PM
woohoo, Helene! glad youre here!

Just Ducky
07-25-2013, 11:27 PM
well this little ol' duck gal just finally got back from our county fair.. got butted by a goat,
almost kicked by a cow.. my hubby told me it is a he, not a cow... did walk thro some stuff I wish I hadn't .... oh, rubbed the belly of a really really big pig... saw a fluffy sheep get sheared naked... over all, A fun afternoon and evening... oh and lots (to much) junk food..

right now I looking over the challenge list trying to come up with some goodies to make tomorrow..

what do I love about AFA ???? short answer, "what's not to love"... but the real answer is the PEOPLE...the art is fun... joining in swaps is fun.... personal trades are fun....playing in these weekend marathons is fun...
but none of this would be fun without the warmness of the people... You the People..
ya gotta love this place....

nite gals and catch ya in the morning for more fun...

KESagers
07-25-2013, 11:45 PM
So this is what I've been working on today - A set of 9 cards made. 5 for an off-site swap - the theme was mushrooms. I have 3 available to trade here. This is a folio style card. When the word bubble paper clip is removed the quote on the inside reads "I knew who I was this morning but I've changed a few times since then."

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Alice___Mushrooms.jpg
Alice & Her Mushrooms

I'm so jealous Ducky got to go to country fair - love a good country fair!

Night all - see you tomorrow!

Vicki Z
07-26-2013, 12:27 AM
What a wonderful card!
And i have never seen word bubble paper cliips -- too cool!

That looks too big for an ATC, and not square enough for a chunky.
What size is it?

Vicki Z
07-26-2013, 12:33 AM
One thing I love about ATCsForAll.com (among many, many things I love about ATCsforAll.com) is how much I learn here.

Every card shows a new technique, or a different focus; every story teaches a new word, or a new meaning to an old word; and every revelation reveals a new way to make lemonade.

LOVE you folks. I'm honored to be in the group.

theweavershand
07-26-2013, 12:56 AM
i have to add that the encouragement ive received here from people whose art i so admire has really helped me step out of my comfort zone on so many occasions. i would never have had the guts or the confidence to try and learn some of the things ive done here. i know most of us have never met in person but you all are some of my very favorite people and your friendship and support means a great deal to me.

HiddenTreasure2010
07-26-2013, 01:09 AM
I just founnd out I'm moving into town again for Aug 1st. As I was packing I found some of my grandchildrens craft supplies. A large foam bunny and egg kit. Of course I also dabble in the folk art and woodworking. So, what do I make a stamp. I going to make more.. I know it's a cheat, aren't I lucky...lolOnly half done still have to use it in a project.

theweavershand
07-26-2013, 01:18 AM
how fun and what a lucky find! i love those moments and that bunny is awesome!

Helene
07-26-2013, 01:56 AM
All right...I got me an 8) 'illustrate a song title' and a 17) 'illustrate a chair'
...and it's way before midnight! lol

128279 traded

128280 traded

(The colors might be a bit off 'cause I took the photos by lamp-light).

theweavershand
07-26-2013, 02:26 AM
thanks to all who sent me their points today. you guys are off to a great start.

the main info that i need is the # on the list and how many points it is. i do enjoy the descriptions of what you did too...not vital to what im doing but a lot of fun to read. :D

keep up the good work!!

mrubyjean
07-26-2013, 02:57 AM
Well...I loved participating today, even though I didn't get much artwork created! I have high creative hopes for tomorrow!

I love AFA for some of the reasons already given, especially a supportive, encouraging community and lots of inspiration and ideas. I have learned so much and this group keeps me thinking, experimenting and learning. Also, being online, it is always here and accessible, even when I finish creating at midnight and most of the rest of the world is sound asleep!!

Here is my sole creation for today...I found an abstract black-and-white background and let it guide me too bring out what I saw there ~

Evalila
07-26-2013, 03:19 AM
Good morning everyone!

A great way to start the day - reading all your posts, admiring your artwork together with a good cup of cappuccino:D

I´ll answer my PMs a little later. Lisa´s not up yet - she can easily sleep until 10 or 11 am (it´s 9:15 am now). And we won´t have too much time to play since we´re going to my sister´s birthday party in the afternoon.:)

sniisk
07-26-2013, 03:43 AM
Cynthia and dmnh, It is not likely, but not impossible, that an elephant could escape and wander through my yard..They are at Disney, the Tampa Zoo and Busch gardens
all within an hours drive to me...I will be on the lookout!!

You never know what happens. There were two wild boars in our "garden" two weeks ago and I'm living in the city. I didn't even know that we have those in Finland (OK, officially we don't even have them).

KittyNL
07-26-2013, 03:44 AM
Morning Evelyn and Sanna! And our US friends that are still awake! :jiggy:

I enjoyed reading your stories, about elephants, country fairs, tornado's and alligators...

I first need to get some breakfast... I am really late today. It has been hot the last few days (and nights) but tonight I slept like a baby :sleep: And then it is time for some ATCs, maybe some inchies, maybe a chunky or two.....

dina54
07-26-2013, 03:46 AM
Challenge #25 "Teacup Troll"
This little guy lives in a child's teacup on a shelf in my studio. He has had his portrait drawn twice recently, LOL.

sniisk
07-26-2013, 04:44 AM
Here are the cards I started yesterday and finished in this morning.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_65.jpg MATART #10

(39) +1 point: tissue paper,
5) +1 point: try something new!,
40) +1 point: a piece from your junk mail,
47) +1 point: Paint or stamp with an unusual item (toothbrush, sponge, utensil, elbow, etc...)) I used a "pipe cleaner" as a stamp/brush, the background is from a box I got in the mail earlier this week

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_29.jpg MATART #11

(9) +1 point: Open the nearest drawer and grab the first item you see - illustrate it (any media)
*If you do not have a drawer handy, you may grab an item from the nearest box, container, bag, etc...) Hubby came from market and I opened his grocery bag, found two cupcakes :)

Now I have a totally different kind of project going on. Lets see if it will work at all.

dina54
07-26-2013, 05:04 AM
Here is my last card for "today" (yeah, I know it's already tomorrow...)
I used torn hand made papers and napkins plus a magazine page for the sky.

Evalila
07-26-2013, 05:30 AM
Haha, Lisa is actualy more active than me at the moment:) Here´s her first card for today:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_July009.jpg # 9, made by Lisa (13)

note: the dot above the red flower was something on my scanner.....;)

sniisk
07-26-2013, 05:39 AM
Here is what I have made so far. The HAT!

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/large/1_IMG_6717.jpg not for trade :)

(58) +5 points: Make a crown, tiara, or party hat for yourself (be creative - any media ~ mixed media) :
+3 points: extra points if you post a photo of someone wearing it.)

And here is the wall with some of my best trades :).

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/large/1_IMG_6718.jpg

Evalila
07-26-2013, 05:57 AM
WOW, wonderful hat, Sanna! And a great wall, too! Love the shelf!

Here are two more cards:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_July010.jpg # 10, made by Lisa (13)

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_July011.jpg # 11

sniisk
07-26-2013, 06:11 AM
I think the other doll in the shelf looks so mad that I have to make a hat for her too.

KittyNL
07-26-2013, 06:23 AM
Lovely cards, hats, inchies today!

I sold some ATCs (or ACEOs) lately and made a few for the next craft market (the peacocks)(not for trade). The lady is for trade.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_ATART_5.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_ATART_6.jpg

sniisk
07-26-2013, 07:16 AM
Question. Can I use for example stamps in this project or is it paper only:
Create a Collage project using no scissors - torn paper edges only

KESagers
07-26-2013, 07:22 AM
Popping in for just a minute before my nap.

Sniisk that is such a great way to display the art you've collected!

Loving Lisa's art!

Everything posted here is just so wonderful!

KESagers
07-26-2013, 07:25 AM
What a wonderful card!
And i have never seen word bubble paper cliips -- too cool!

That looks too big for an ATC, and not square enough for a chunky.
What size is it?

Thank you! It's an ATC - true to size. The scan does make it look off and the paper clip does hang over the edge. It's folded - folio style so it opens like a book. :)

Evalila
07-26-2013, 08:31 AM
ooooh, those apples look yummy:)

Here are some mor from us:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_July012.jpg # 12 made by Lisa

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_July013.jpg # 13 made by Lisa

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_July014.jpg # 14 made by Lisa

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_July015.jpg # 15 made by Evalila ;)

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_July016.jpg # 16 made by Evalila

KittyNL
07-26-2013, 09:55 AM
And one more from me, in watercolor

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_ATART_7.jpg

sniisk
07-26-2013, 10:08 AM
Chunky pages.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_C12.jpg MATART #13

(27) +1 point: Illustrate something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue - all on 1 project) New and old stamps, and some of them are borrowed from my husband's collection (sorry, I can't return them :wubclub:)

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_C19.jpg MATART #14

(19) +1 point: Start with a black background)

FlyingPhoenix
07-26-2013, 10:16 AM
Loving the work, everyone! All of you are truly inspiring!

My huzbee was 2 hours later than I expected him to be last night...so no art for me. On the bright side, I did get to hang out with my 2 month old nephew, so I can't complain too much. It appears now I won't have a lot of time to play until Sunday night at best. I'll still be lurking by phone though. :)

Keep it up!

Amapola
07-26-2013, 10:36 AM
I'd forgotten all about this athon and am at our country cottage with not a lot of supplies with me. I'd love to try some of the scavenger hunt ideas, though, so I'll see if I have time. They look really inspiring! As do all your projects that have been posted. I've given youRocks to many, so that'll earn me my first point!

Helene
07-26-2013, 10:53 AM
And here is the wall with some of my best trades.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_IMG_6718.jpg

I LOVE your idea how to display your chunky books!...That's fabulous!

sniisk
07-26-2013, 10:57 AM
Thank you Helene. I like that too :).

lilbad
07-26-2013, 11:13 AM

Helene
07-26-2013, 11:20 AM
Another GREAT idea!!!! Well...that might be enough right here to get me swayed towards starting a collection of chunky books Lilbad!!!! ha ha ha

Suze
07-26-2013, 11:21 AM
just checkin' in so I can be a part of this thread.
WoW, seeing some wonderful art, (Martha, you surprised me with your "dark side" :) )

Maybe, just maybe, the ATC fairies will give me feel good moments and I can do some art.

Rock on athon type artist peeples!!! :jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

Helene
07-26-2013, 11:29 AM
Do I HAVE to go to work in 30 minutes??????

sharlene54
07-26-2013, 11:30 AM
Love your apple drawer, Vicki.

Nancy
07-26-2013, 11:47 AM
Yikes! What is an apple drawer?....I have lived many a year and never heard of anyone putting apples in a drawer! Maybe that is why I only buy a couple at a time..I don't know how to keep them fresh!!

complicious
07-26-2013, 11:51 AM
an exciting AM already! Vicki, I love that purse. Ampola, you should definitely join in; this is a great whatever is at hand gathering. Eva, you are on fire with those cards! Here's what I finished, including a b & w (with bonus junk mail segment! a twofer!), and a card with string. Sorry about the different sizes; this is my first time using this scanner, and it switched sizes on my automatically. To identify: black and white is "B & W", the one with a frog is "frog king", with the glove is "glove" [I know, super creative names ftw!!1!). The larger images are "13" and "Paint".

CynthiaSillitoe
07-26-2013, 12:30 PM
Question. Can I use for example stamps in this project or is it paper only:
Create a Collage project using no scissors - torn paper edges only

I'd say as long as you use no scissors...stamps are paper. :)

Morning everyone! So much great art! It will take me a while to catch up. And then to wander off to my studio.....

Donnacr
07-26-2013, 12:36 PM
After a very long, tiring day - left home by 6am, returned home at 6pm, travelling over roads which have warning signs of 'Warning, road broken' and 'Warning, road has holes' (large enough to swallow the SUV we were travelling in). Every so often we would round a corner to see a large truck capsized over the side of the road - coming home it had only just happened which meant that the road (only JUST wide enough for 2 lanes normally) was now down to 1 lane as the huge crane worked to pull the truck out of the deep ditch that it was now lying in. Luckily it had chosen that side of the road to go off as the side that we were all now forced to use had a precipitous drop only a few feet beyond the edge of the road. I am not normally prone to car-sickness but I was not feeling well by the time that we arrived home.
And the whole reason that we had to take this 'wonderful' trip took a total of 15 minutes for both my husband and myself to complete (when we finally made it into the office - typical bureaucratic delays to our appointment). :swoon::arghh:
I have only managed 1 quick card today after catching up with the thread - here is a preview #18 pointillism

purplecat
07-26-2013, 12:41 PM
gosh trust me to find this thread now, when I have a mega busy weekend ahead...oh well I shall have to just watch and join in when i can :)

KESagers
07-26-2013, 01:00 PM
I never ever thought to save those little teeny tiny Nat Geo images for art - what a great idea! Junk mail is a gold mine some times!

CynthiaSillitoe
07-26-2013, 01:24 PM
Do I HAVE to go to work in 30 minutes??????

I think we should all write Helene a note. "We're sorry, she couldn't come to work. We needed her here."

gosh trust me to find this thread now, when I have a mega busy weekend ahead...oh well I shall have to just watch and join in when i can :)

Scavenger Hunt goes through Monday and the athon goes through Tuesday. Hope you get some time.

And, Donna, instead of an elephant, you have potholes the size of elephants!

And for my "What I Love About AFA"--I love spending hours in the gallery, thinking "Wow. These people are so talented!"

Vicki Z
07-26-2013, 01:46 PM
Yikes! What is an apple drawer?....I have lived many a year and never heard of anyone putting apples in a drawer! Maybe that is why I only buy a couple at a time..I don't know how to keep them fresh!!

I have an antique "kitchen cabinet" that appears to be over 100 years old. I call it a "kitchen closet" beause it is so HUGE, but it is a free-standing piece of furniture. It has a tin lined flour drawer with lid, and a tin lined sugar drawer with lid, both used to store flour and sugar and still keep the bugs out. It has a painted enamel counter top and a pull out maple chopping block, plus three drawers which are open wire lined (kind of like chicken wire only heavier) for fruit, potatoes, and onions. Up top it has shelves, plus a punched tin door - pie safe.

My apples are from off our apple tree, picked last fall, and are just now starting to get some bad spots. I have so much admiration for our Pioneer ancestors. They found ways to keep foods better than we can now. I am also looking at my last three butternut squash, picked last October, still keeping well. Takes less time to throw them in my kitchen closet than to try to peel them, seed them, pre-cook them, and can them each fall.

Amapola
07-26-2013, 01:55 PM
Vicki Z, I loved to hear how you keep your apples, potatoes and onions. I'm curious to know what room temperature is good for this kind of closet. I find it was easier to keep food in good old houses where it's cool enough, than in apartments.

That's another reason to love AFA: hearing all the stories and tips from each other, regarding crafts and other walks of life equally!

lilbad
07-26-2013, 02:00 PM
128307 traded

128309 traded

128310 traded

lilbad
07-26-2013, 02:01 PM
128311 Traded

sniisk
07-26-2013, 02:18 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_78.jpg MATART #15

(8) +1 point: Illustrate a song title) Santa Claus Is Coming To Town...

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_68.jpg MATART #16

(52) +2 points: Ink Blot: Drip some ink or paint or liquid color of some type onto a paper & fold it in half - unfold and use this as the basis for your project.)

sniisk
07-26-2013, 02:21 PM
Time for stronger medicines and no scissors after that. Saying good night and hope to be back tomorrow.

KESagers
07-26-2013, 02:43 PM
Sleep well Sniisk!

Lovely cards Lilbad!

lilbad
07-26-2013, 02:57 PM
Rest well, Sanna.
Thanks, KESagers!

CynthiaSillitoe
07-26-2013, 03:24 PM
Those are wonderful, Lil!

Cathy1
07-26-2013, 03:45 PM
I finallly got to do some cards. These are all available and I also have some Dotee Doll ATC cards available in my gallery if anyone would like to swap for one of those.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6898/medium/1__1_July_ATART.jpg #1
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6898/medium/1__2_July_ATART.jpg #2
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6898/medium/1__3_July_ATART.jpg #3
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6898/medium/1__4__July_ATART.jpg #4 - 7 Spades

Evalila
07-26-2013, 03:46 PM
Puuuuh! Back home from my sister´s birthday party. Too many people and too much heat outside - that´s not my thing at all.... So I guess I´ll call it a day now. See you all tomorrow:)

Helene
07-26-2013, 03:50 PM
My 10 minutes break is over....See you this evening....

Just Ducky
07-26-2013, 03:59 PM
57... that's 57 postings I got to read back on just to catch up for today... WOW

all you gals are doing just so dang great already this weekend... I better get me butt in high gear...

lilbad
07-26-2013, 04:03 PM
I'm kicking you in the pitutie, Duck!

sharlene54
07-26-2013, 04:32 PM
I completed some of the challenges today.

4Q-song "Blue Moon", which to my surprise was written by Rogers and Hart, but I remember the version by the Marcels in 1961. Also, the background looked like a mess to me sometime back and I decided to save it. The upper left side was black with gel medium put on through a stencil. I didn't know if I would ever use it, but it seemed to suit this card. I didn't scan the before picture, I forgot.

5Q-string-(traded)
6Q-blue button
7Q=black and white

Nancy
07-26-2013, 04:35 PM
VickieZ that sounds like a wonderful way to live...too bad am stuck here. I have lived on the coast so many years that when the Temp falls below 75 degrees, I have to put on a sweatshirt! I do have an orange and lemon tree and my neighbors grapefruit tree hangs over on my property so get plenty of citrus. Lilibad and Cathy1 your art is fab- tastic..I need to get back to making art so I can start trading!

lilbad
07-26-2013, 04:39 PM
Get with it, Nancy!!

FlyingPhoenix
07-26-2013, 04:39 PM
Wow! Look at you ladies go! I love the fact that I'm thoroughly blown away each time I check on you all!

Id better see what I can pull together one I get a slight chance...I nearly forgot I have a class reunion on Saturday night. Ugh. At least I get to drag the huzbee with me for that one...

prayer_at_night
07-26-2013, 05:36 PM
Absolutely lovely cards have been posted! :notworthy:

Apart from sweating (we have a bit of a heat wave here in Germany), trying to clean something here and there, tying my mother up so she doesn't work like a maniac in the weather and cooking dinner (which turned out delicious! I just love Jamie Oliver's recipes, always so tasty! This (http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/pasta-recipes/beautiful-courgette-carbonara) is what I cooked), I also made some cards. ;)

For challenges 40) junk mail and 16) Moving parts, 1 point for each: the background of the left card with the cute little flowers was actually in my junk mail! I used spray inks and Copics and ribbons and cute die-cut butterflies, and the biggest one's white top layer in flap-able! :D Love the shadows it throws. :)

And for challenge 53) woven background for 2 points: so, well, the background is woven with paper strips - I wanted to do this for ages and finally did it... thanks to the scavenger hunt! :D I used my new dark green metallic punchinella, my gorgeous new star border stickers and these wooden butterflies that I've had for ages but never used before. They are orange and have a dusting of Perfect Pearls powder on top. :)

Now that was fast! The right one is already traded, thanks a lot!
The left one (flappy wings) is still available, looks much nicer in person and would love to go to a loving new home!

CynthiaSillitoe
07-26-2013, 06:10 PM
Pretty!

Heat wave in most of the states, including mine. I haven't even gotten to the studio yet, but I hope to get some time tonight. :)

Just Ducky
07-26-2013, 06:21 PM
today I tried for #13 the 4 Seasons... using my little die-cut Oak leafs...
now got to see what else I can try..

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_Oak_spring.jpg.... SPRING.... http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_Oak_summer.jpg... SUMMER...

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_Oak_fall.jpg.... FALL.... http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_Oak_winter.jpg... WINTER...

off to do the dinner chore... sure wish I had taken something out earlier.. oh boy...

KESagers
07-26-2013, 06:52 PM
Prayer at night - I'm on my way over to try some of those left-overs - if there are any. :yes:

Pretty die cut cards Ducky!

I've been waylaid today:

Kitchen drawer broken and threatened to break everything underneath it. Tragedy averted but once we wrestled the thing out of the broken track we realized the previous owners had already done a major repair on it. Not sure how many major repairs it has left in it. So the open space has cardboard and duct tape covering the hole so that four cats don't try to jump in and get stuck or destroy my china. I told Judd our kitchen is starting to look like those ones that win a free kitchen makeover! If only!

Then we had a major barf situation in the cat room involving a carpeted cat tree and an lot of clean up. :arghh:

I am desperately trying to get a set of frog cards completed so that Judd can drop them off at the PO tomorrow and so that I can have something to post and trade for today. Here I go back to it!!!!!

Nancy
07-26-2013, 06:56 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/1854/small/2_Scavenger_2.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=371868) Finally! Steampunk
Torn tissue paper
Monochromatic and woven
The seasons

prayer_at_night
07-26-2013, 07:02 PM
Sorry, Kristin... it was just so yummy! ;) Not a little piece left over. But I can cook another pan full if you visit! :cute: And sorry about the kitchen - we have one of those drawers, too; we try not to put too much in it, and no breakable/valuable things in case it just falls off one day. ^^°

Love those four seasons leaves, Nancy! <3

And thanks a lot, Vicki Z! <3

theweavershand
07-26-2013, 07:18 PM
in the mood to make APCs. i hope some are into those. i have a bunch set out on my table. just trying to get dinner made and my muse in gear.

you guys are really tearing up the scavenger hunt! love seeing everyone's take on the various challenges! you guys always impress my socks off!

dmnh
07-26-2013, 09:26 PM
Hi Everyone!
Wow! What gorgeous art you all are doing today! I won't be able to get my art on for a few hours still. I woke up to no water and the hole in the garage where the water pump lives full of water! Apparently a pipe broke sometime yesterday. I have a major mess on my hands. Once the sun goes down, no one will be able to do more with the water problem and then I'll be able to do some art.

You all are on a roll though!

complicious
07-26-2013, 10:30 PM
Hard to keep up with this all! Amy, I'm posting an apc right here, so you won't be alone. With this and my first set, I've managed to cover 11, 39, 40, and 42 of the hunt. I couldn't finish the four seasons, but I'll have them ready for tomorrow, and I might branch into some of the higher point challenges, lol. Also made a peach blueberry basil crisp today, but I can't trade or share that here!

CynthiaSillitoe
07-26-2013, 10:34 PM
Gosh, and I thought I had a bad day, but not even a barfing cat. (Though that could still happen today.) Just no energy and a bureaucratic hassle which I didn't find out about until it was too late to call the office. They shouldn't be able to send bureaucratic hassles in the mail on Fridays because now I have to concentrate on not worrying about it all weekend. I'm going to go to bed early and hope that tomorrow I have the energy to distract myself with art. You know, Picasso had staff to deal with broken pipes, cat barf, and bureaucracy, which is probably why he got so much art done. (Though, if you ask me, Monet was as prolific and a much nicer guy.)

dmnh
07-26-2013, 10:43 PM
I hope all of you who are not feeling up to par today, get to feeling better quickly!
The hole in the garage floor doesn't have 4 feet of water in it now. Now there's less than 6 inches of water. We just got that pump fixed five days ago. Apparently some of the glue holding the pvc pipe together didn't set right or something. The pressure tank was floating in the water earlier. I've had so much trouble with the pump this year. This is the fourth major issue with it in the last six months. Can't worry about it anymore tonight! Only because I can't do anymore with it tonight. My brother will be here in the morning and I'll let him worry about it! It takes a LOT to make me worry....this isn't something to lose my head about. It will get fixed in due time.
It would have been less of a issue had a tornado came long yesterday and just blew the whole damn garage away! LOL
Right now I'm headed to the kitchen table where there are five chunky book pages in the works! I shall return with something to show in awhile!

KESagers
07-26-2013, 10:45 PM
Oh boy - now water would send my into a tizzy. I hate when that happens. I hope you get it fixed soon.

OK here is what I've been working on. The colors scanned really weird and I'm too tired to fool with it but such as it is:

This card was created for an off-site swap. I have 2 available to trade here. Distress ink background sealed with a glitter spray. Hand stamped image, water colored and then I used Smootch and Liquid Pearls to accent. Dylusions quote.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_The_Dancing_Frog.jpg
The Dancing Frog

JoyFlower
07-26-2013, 10:55 PM
...i'm slipping quietly into the corner of the room to play! excited to see an a-thon happening this weekend! haven't been on the site much the last few months... I have some catching up to do! lots of posts to read!

I've put a couple of cards in the gallery, and hope to have more before the night is done.

complicious
07-26-2013, 11:18 PM
Does anyone use an Epson xp600 printer scanner all in one? I need some serious help with my scans. I've just had it scan automatically, and I'm not sure how/where I can resize during scanning. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

sarat
07-26-2013, 11:23 PM
Nancy---

Love the monochromatic and woven card.