PDA

View Full Version : Impromptu Meet & Greet in Olympia Area

LindyLu
08-15-2013, 10:12 AM
Two AFA artists are coming to visit me on August 28th, so I thought it would be fun to have more of you join us.

Here's the plan: I will provide the venue, a large clubhouse with all the amenities, and everyone brings a finger food/snack/drink, whatever. This will be a "just hangin' out" event. No pressure, no agenda, just visit, visit, visit. Of course, you can bring artwork & supplies if you want to. There will be tables & outlets aplenty. This will be a 4:00-9:00 event so folks can drop in after work, school, whatever.

So, come on, let's get acquainted. I know there are more than 2-3 of us in the Olympia area. Of course, anyone who doesn't mind the drive from other areas is welcome to join us.

Please, adults, only.

PM me ASAP & I will provide directions.

LindyLu

beth
08-15-2013, 06:19 PM
Thanks for hosting us!

LindyLu
08-15-2013, 09:05 PM
You are most welcome! I hope there will be several who can attend. I missed Portland & Seattle so I'm hoping to meet a few of you:)

HHC
08-16-2013, 11:21 PM
Oh my goodness! I think I need to come visit also. My sister jaw/Julie lives in Olympia... although I wonder if she'll be there? Must find out immediately!
If not, I'll figure out a way to come down anyway. :)

LindyLu
08-16-2013, 11:34 PM
Yes, you do need to come. Julie is going to be here, too.:) Beth is coming, too.

JoyFlower
08-17-2013, 11:12 AM
How fun!! I WISH I could come, but my schedule won't allow for the travel over midweek due to work. LOL, work can sure get in the way of fun! ;) Have a great time, take pictures!

beth
08-17-2013, 11:20 AM
Too bad, JoyFlower! I have a business meeting in Seattle on Wednesday and was able to tack on a couple of vacation days.

LindyLu
08-17-2013, 03:44 PM
I know, Wed. is a bummer of a day for this. It just kind of took on a life of its own.

The original plan was for Beth to come to Oly after her time in Seattle. She thought she'd like to see JAW while she was here, so I sez why not have Julie drop in, too. Then I just went crazy & said,"ya'll come!!!". I know there are other AFA folks in the vicinity, but I'm not sure who they are. If you know anyone within reasonable driving distance, please, steer them over this way:)

We will miss you, JoyFlower:(

LindyLu
08-17-2013, 03:48 PM
Also, Beth & I are planning to visit the Olympia Farmers Market on Thursday. That's the day a lot of artisans set up their booths with neat jewelry, pottery, cards, etc.
Anyone in the area is welcome to join us there, too:)

There's still a couple of weeks so see if you can work this into your schedules.

HHC
08-17-2013, 05:42 PM
Oh, I'd love to go to the Farmers Market too! :D

LindyLu
08-17-2013, 07:19 PM
We'd love to have you join us. I can't offer you a bed for Wed. nite. I already gave it to Beth. Can you stay over with Julie?

This is getting funner & funner!! I know that's not correct but I learned it from my
g-grandson when he was 4 and I've always loved to say it:)

beth
08-17-2013, 08:17 PM
I'm glad you're joining us, Helen! When I had facebook messaged you, jaw, and els, and you hadn't written back, I thought maybe you didn't like me! :-) ;-)

I'm going to head north after Oly and meet els near Everett on Friday morning before heading back east.

HHC
08-17-2013, 09:32 PM
LindyLu, I will be staying with my sister Julie. :)

Beth, I seriously thought I'd replied to you some time ago, (you KNOW I adore you!) but apparently closed out without sending. I've done that a few times recently. *rolls eyes*
And when I saw this thread I couldn't remember what I wrote, and then discovered that I didn't send.... :goofy:

beth
08-17-2013, 09:55 PM
That's too funny, Helen. It seems like either FB sends after every line or never!

I'm glad the weird mid-week timing works for you.

And I already marked my calendar for Oct 18-20 :-)

HHC
08-17-2013, 10:12 PM
Well, the problem with me and the internet is that I start something in one window, (I usually have at least three open) and then get sidetracked with something in another window, and then check my Etsy, or Blog, or AFA and eventually close out to go out in the garden or to make dinner and lose whatever I'm still in the middle of. Can we say short attention span? LOL!

beth
08-17-2013, 10:47 PM
Oh, yeah, Helen, I'm right there with you. I am the Queen of the Tabs in Firefox! When I'm not the Queen of Walking Away from the Computer/Putting Down the iPad :-)

LindyLu
08-17-2013, 10:53 PM
Oh, I'm glad someone thought of els. Do you think she can come? I know it's tough for folks to get away mid-week, but we'll have fun no matter what!!! I have to cut my playtime short Thursday afternoon to get ready for a family do. So I'll be out of commission by 3:30 or 4 on Thursday. Beth will probably want to hit the road by then if she's going up to Everett. The traffic going north is a stinker. Hah! sez she who is too chicken to drive I-5 at all.:rolleyes:

For some reason I'm thinking there is another AFA member in the Olympia/Lacey area, but I can't remember who. I wonder if Carole Cadek has a way of knowing who lives where? I'll check.

LindyLu
08-17-2013, 10:57 PM
I'm such a ditz!! I re-read your post, Beth, and answered my question about els. Duh! Well, I'll just have to meet her another time, I guess.

I just want you all to know that I'm tickled pink that you are coming!!!!

beth
08-17-2013, 11:04 PM
els lives way up in Anacortes, so we're making a compromise :-)

Depending on how much fun I've had and/or what the lovely sisters are up to, I may find a motel in Olympia for Thursday night and then just head up north on Friday morning.

jaw
08-18-2013, 10:26 PM
Hi! Checking in! I work until 3 each of those days. I have a couple cots... you are both welcome to stay. we can hit happy hour at the brew pub and go to my house play with art supplies or whatever on Thursday. The market closes at 3. If you'd like to stay at an awesome bed and breakfast, the Swantown inn is just a few blocks away and I'm sure they'd let us hangout in the parlor.:)

HHC
08-18-2013, 10:47 PM
Playing Wednesday and Thursday would be fun!

beth
08-18-2013, 11:05 PM
My back doesn't do well on cots and such (back surgery a few years ago) so I'll check out the B&B. I'd love to hang out with you two on Thursday.

LindyLu
08-18-2013, 11:09 PM
I feel so much better knowing that Julie has a place for both of you on Thursday night. I'm sorry that I have to bow out so soon, but I have family gathering duties to take care of. I'll leave you gals after the Market closes & turn you loose on the town by yourselves. Hopefully, Julie will be able to keep you out of jail:)

LindyLu
08-20-2013, 07:25 PM
There has been a major hitch in the plans & this event has been cancelled. Everyone who was planning to come has been notified.:(