PDA

View Full Version : Almost-Impromptu Labor-Day-ATART, August 30 - Sept. 2

Pages : [1] 2 3

Evalila
08-27-2013, 01:49 AM
Okay, some of us decided that we need a Labor Day ATART, so this one is brought to you by KESagers, sharlene54, theweavershand and Evalila. :)

Optional Challenges:

Friday: All about summer
Saturday: All about Holidays (any Holidays - its never to early to think about X-Mas;))
Sunday: All about people
Monday: All about animals

And then

- the most chatty player and

- the one with the most cards (includes inchies, chunkies, moos....) posted to the thread

will receive a little award :D

This one starts on Friday, August 30 (as soon as possible;)) and ends Monday, September 2 at 11:59 pm.

What we can do: ATC’s, chunky pages, 4x6’s, inchies, twinchies, charms, jewelry, art dolls, skinny pages, journal pages, tags, rolos, gothic arches, post cards – or whatever type of art your heart calls you to create!

All mediums are welcome: collaging, sewing, painting, drawing, digital altering, photographs, metal work, beading, sculpting...

All styles are welcome: APCs, zentangles, stamps (postage and rubber), stickers, various colour schemes (b/w, pastels/brights, autumn/winter/spring/summer shades, single colors, etc)

And of course we can trade! This marathon is open to everyone and all kinds of art.

What is an ATART?

It’s an All Types of ART marathon where you can create art, made over the same time in each time zone. This thread is going to be our crafting room.

HOW IT WORKS:

Start creating art when it's time to start, then upload your lovely creations to your Athon gallery and post to the thread. Trading and chatting are going on all the time.
After all the trading is done move your creations OUT of the Athon Gallery and into their correct Galleries - 'Available ATCs' or 'Mail Art'

HOW TO ASK FOR A TRADE:

When you find a piece of art you would like to trade, please SEND A PERSONAL MESSAGE (pm) to that person asking for a trade. Please DO NOT post requests for trades to the thread. It can get way too confusing.

Note: If you do make a trade, please be sure to send to your trade partner within two weeks. If you’re running late, communicate!

WANT TO COMPLIMENT AN ARTIST:

And you will… remember you can click the You Rock button and leave it there.

HOW TO POST YOUR ART TO THE THREAD:

From your atcsforall.com gallery:

It’s easiest to have two windows open.
1) Go to your gallery & right click on the picture you wish to post - this brings up a menu that includes “Copy Image Location”.
2) Click on the “Copy Image Location”
3) Go to your post and hit the "insert image" button (looks like a postcard)
4) Paste the address (right click, click paste or Ctrl V) into the window that pops up and hit OK - that puts the code into your post for your picture to show up; (you paste the address from the properties box over the http thingy that shows when you open the "insert image" box)
5) and then you're done.

[IMG]http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_64.jpg [/IMG

(leaving the last bracket off the above so you can see how the address will look)

Remember that images from the gallery can be small, medium or large. Find the word or letters s m l in the address and change it to 'small' or 's'.

From your computer:

1. Click POST REPLY at the bottom of the messages screen. Above the message box, click the paperclip next to the smiley face. Then upload as usual. This will upload your picture as a thumbnail.
2. If you go into the Quick Reply box at the bottom of the messages screen, click GO ADVANCED and you will get the paperclip above the message box.

NEW TO MARATHONS OR A-THONS? If you have any questions at all, feel free to pm me or the co-hosts if you have questions. You can also post questions to the thread. We have a lot of experienced art-a-thoners who are more than willing to help those of you new to this craziness.

IMPORTANT: REMEMBER TO PUT YOUR USERNAME (EASY TO READ) ON THE BACK OF YOUR CARDS. You can't get an iTrader if your trading partner doesn't know who you are.

marilou
08-27-2013, 02:13 AM
....I am in Budapest now and return home on setember 2nd, again
I am missing an atart :((((((((

theweavershand
08-27-2013, 02:17 AM
ill be here and can help with the hosting if you need me. thanks for putting this together!

jonquil
08-27-2013, 02:21 AM
awesome!!! - work has calmed down and I definitely feel the need to have some time to create art!!!

craftyvox
08-27-2013, 05:22 AM
Yay another ATART! I have been hoping for one :jiggy: Sadly I'll be out of town from this Wednesday till the weekend... But maybe I can cram in some art time in Sunday after returning home! (Monday is back to work sadly heh).

Mouseit
08-27-2013, 05:25 AM
I'm in... at least I think I am after I go do the Lions food van for the ladies hockey final...LOL Can do some before and after too!

jo.on.the.go
08-27-2013, 06:36 AM
I'll be around...probably more landscapes in store for you.

esaeta
08-27-2013, 06:47 AM
This will be my first. . . I know I can count on you all for guidance.

sharlene54
08-27-2013, 07:09 AM
Great, I'll be playing. I could help co-hosting, if you need me. I think you have a few offers already. Thank so much.

KESagers
08-27-2013, 07:18 AM
Yay! I'm glad so many of us can play!

miloccpep
08-27-2013, 08:05 AM
Thanks for invite Kristin and Evelyn. It feels so good to be back. I can't promise I'll be here throughout, but will check in whenever.

Evalila
08-27-2013, 09:04 AM
Wonderful, Ill add theweavershand and sharlene54 as co-hosts. Thank you!!!

And its great to see new players around here, too! This A-Thon will be a great way to get to know each other:D

And to make the best of the time until it starts - PREPARE:):):) Cut ATC blanks (or chunkies, inchies, twinchies....), cut out your collage images, gather your supplies, compile music you want to listen to, clean and organize your workspace (thats what I have to do!! **LOL**)....

sharlene54
08-27-2013, 10:29 AM
That's great. I glad to help out. I'm cleaning up a little from last weekend, not to much. May make few Halloween cards since I found the Halloween goodies for other swaps.

HHC
08-27-2013, 10:35 AM
I hope I can get inspired to make something to trade! I'm meeting jaw and Beth tomorrow so we can prep stuff while we're gabbing and drinking wine. LOL!

Thanks for putting this together, Kristin and Evelyn!

KESagers
08-27-2013, 10:39 AM
Please give greetings to Jaw and Beth!

I was sort of getting into the Halloween mood also Sharlene.

If anyone has any questions just ask - there will be plenty of us around to give answers.

jensaz
08-27-2013, 11:13 AM
gonna try

torie.staples
08-27-2013, 11:14 AM
I'm in :) don't know how much i will get done with baby but ill try :) i already have a couple things made so bring on the marathon!! ;)

Suze
08-27-2013, 11:17 AM
Yes! subscribing to this thread, cause I wanna be here too. I have actually done three atc's, I know that doesn't sound like alot but for me its a breakthrough.
(I know I can't use them in athon, but just making them was theraputic. Special thanks to the Duck who kicked my , ah, ahem, er, backside in gear)

Will be here, "Good Lord willin' and the creek don't rise." thanks for invite!!!!

sunriseiz
08-27-2013, 12:23 PM
Yay! It's on my calendar! :) Thanks for the invitation!!!

dsign49
08-27-2013, 12:49 PM
I will be hear when I can.

dsaeta
08-27-2013, 12:56 PM
Oh heck yes!!!! This is great for the Creative ADD I'm having. I'll work on a journal page, make paper on gelli plate, work on a chunky and an ATC every once in a while. This will be wonderful.
It's my first too so if I do something weird - let me know.
I may have to take Friday off too now!!

CynthiaSillitoe
08-27-2013, 01:15 PM
But...but...I have to wait a whole 4 days to start! :D I'm so excited, thanks for asking me to play!

I think the policy is that you can make backgrounds ahead of time if that helps. :)

I'll be here. Weekends and athons are becoming my best chance to make art.

KESagers
08-27-2013, 01:18 PM
Yes - yes - please start making backgrounds and cutting collage elements etc. Only the final assembly needs to wait until the marathon. Prep and organization ahead of time allowed.

HiddenTreasure2010
08-27-2013, 01:46 PM
If I;m able to catch up on my other obligations I shall defenitly join in. cheers and thank for the invite...

sniisk
08-27-2013, 01:51 PM
Sounds like fun, but I'm out of town. I hope I can follow the thread with my mobile phone.

Della
08-27-2013, 02:20 PM
So far I have just been a professional lurker, but I will do my best to be an actual participant in this one coming up!!!! Sounds like fun, it will give me a chance to do some of the forms that I haven't tackled yet! Thanx everso for the invite!!!
tootles............

Cathy1
08-27-2013, 02:52 PM
I'll be there.

sharlene54
08-27-2013, 03:23 PM
Lots of artists. This is going to be fab weekend. So much art, so little time

Just Ducky
08-27-2013, 04:37 PM
dang... I still working on cleaning off my table from Sniisk marathon....
good, got that done.. ONE big swipe and table is clean.. (floor is a mess now)

oh #$@&... todays Tuesday ??? and we start Friday ??? ohhh.. OK...

and SUZE.... it's not the size of the stack.... just start with ONE...
and Ain't Life Just Ducky ....

KESagers
08-27-2013, 05:05 PM
Ducky is right - no stress - just fun!

Foxglove
08-27-2013, 05:11 PM
I work this weekend, but I'll be here for Friday at least!

dsign49
08-27-2013, 06:04 PM
OH Ducky I just never thought of cleaning my table off. Now that sounds like the easiest way to do it, but I hate picking stuff off the floor.

Mouseit
08-27-2013, 09:22 PM
This will be my first. . . I know I can count on you all for guidance.

WELCOME esaeta!! These are really fun and if you use it as a chat room you get a more fun time! LOL Ask any of us questions by all means!!

Mouseit
08-27-2013, 09:49 PM
I am actually really excited to see all the Newbies and 1st Timers in here - its great to have a new wave of creative genious in our presence.....WELCOME!!!!
(And me not even the hostess...maybe I should put my hand up to hostess the South of the world) LOL

sharlene54
08-27-2013, 10:08 PM
I too am glad to have 1st timers join in on the fun.

I decided not to clean my work table. I always find something to use or just the right piece to be the finishing touch. I was going to organize and clean after last weekend, but what for. I can't find what I think I need anyway when it's neat, so I'll try for messy.

Just Ducky
08-27-2013, 11:04 PM
good grief... something weird going on at the ducky pond tonight...
remember I said earlier I clean sweep my table... it's about naked now... paper cutter and tv control and table lamp... naked...

so I just came into the room short time ago... table looks just like I left it .... almost...
sitting in the middle of my naked table...???? A FINISHED Atc.. in plastic sleeve.. cute card.. then I turn it over... back side has card name... Rainey Dog Blues..... and dated
April 2011 .... I remember this card... in fact I made a couple of them for request..
but why is it here in middle of naked table and now ... from where....
strange things happening at the duck house... :unsure::duck::duck:

KESagers
08-27-2013, 11:18 PM
Ducky has Halloween come early to your house? Very spooky!

Suze
08-28-2013, 12:11 AM
(Ducks) ah, my magic worked! hee hee :mask: Now be a good little athoner and mess up that table again. cheez. whoever heard of starting an athon with being all organized and stuff. :duck::duck::duck::duck::duck::duck::duck::duck::d uck:
I think its rule #134 in the athoners handbook. " thou art not to know where anything is under all that paper and glue and stuff prior to start of athon."

Mouseit
08-28-2013, 12:43 AM
OOHH Ducky see thats what you get for cleaning....the MESS FAERIE do stuff to mess it up again...just ask Cee-Emm she will tell ya.

Mouseit
08-28-2013, 12:44 AM
And for your information I have TWO Mess Faeries that live in my craft/work room...LOL Cee-Emm sent me one of hers and the other one just turned up... I know exactly where everything is....under the mess...LOL

Mouseit
08-28-2013, 12:49 AM
Just came across this on my facebook that someone has given me and I think it is really appropriate!!!

Evalila
08-28-2013, 01:19 AM
Haha, love this, Mouseit!!!

Youre all too funny, cant wait for the weekend. I desperately need some fun:D:D:D

mayaquilt
08-28-2013, 06:31 AM
Nice, I'm in :chatterbox:

Mouseit
08-28-2013, 07:24 AM
Evalila ~ of course we are funny and you want to spend time with us....LOL I have the baileys and the chocolate ready!!!

Evalila
08-28-2013, 08:49 AM
OMG, Baileys!!!! I almost forgot the Baileys!!! Thank you for reminding me of that :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: ***LOL***

Mouseit
08-28-2013, 08:55 AM
OMG I have THREE mess faeries in my office!!! They are multiplying....

Nancy
08-28-2013, 12:03 PM
Oh,Stamper...so sorry, but better the foot than the hand so you can make art while it heals!!
Yea! I can play some and looking forward to it...I need some Halloween cards and moos..Hint! Hint!

Donnacr
08-28-2013, 12:30 PM
I can't miss this one!!!!! We had impromptu engagements pop up last weekend so I couldn't play - learnt how to use a 10' long blowpipe correctly though (and scored well in the competition).
Running out of supplies so you never know WHAT I may come up with hee hee

My husband has his passport back so I am HOPING that my craft room may be on the correct island now - it landed in Jakarta a week ago and has been going through Customs since.:arghh:
We have been warned to expect them to have taken something - I am hoping that it won't be anything that I use a lot. fingers crossed

sharlene54
08-28-2013, 12:45 PM
Stamper, that is terrible, but those hands are good are for the marathon. Hope it doesn't hurt to much.

Welcome Nancy, stamper and Donnacr and all.

KESagers
08-28-2013, 01:31 PM
I hope your foot heals quickly Stamper!

Donnacr - here's hoping your craft supplies are of no interest to anyone else!

Glad to see everyone stopping by!

dsign49
08-28-2013, 01:43 PM
Oh Donna I hope nothing is taken...that would be terrible...that's like stealing

Stamper...take care...did you have to have stitches or something

CynthiaSillitoe
08-28-2013, 01:58 PM
I can't miss this one!!!!! We had impromptu engagements pop up last weekend so I couldn't play - learnt how to use a 10' long blowpipe correctly though (and scored well in the competition).
Running out of supplies so you never know WHAT I may come up with hee hee

My husband has his passport back so I am HOPING that my craft room may be on the correct island now - it landed in Jakarta a week ago and has been going through Customs since.:arghh:
We have been warned to expect them to have taken something - I am hoping that it won't be anything that I use a lot. fingers crossed

Your craft room is in Customs?! I just added that "to things I never want to have to endure." We may have to pool together some supplies and send them to you!

KESagers
08-28-2013, 03:23 PM
We had a little frog stuck to our front door window last night and I think I'm in a froggie kind of mood now.

dsaeta
08-28-2013, 06:58 PM
It's a darn good thing it was a frog and not a roach!

prayer_at_night
08-28-2013, 07:05 PM
Wonderful! I was so sad that I missed last weekend's a-thon... I need to see if I have anything important planned, but I really hope to be playing!
RL has been a bit shitty lately - just this Monday our wonderful cat died - and I'm a bit fuzzy in the brain. I think it'll be nice to have you lot here to chat with when I'm feeling :wacko: (and to kick my butt when I'm clear in the head - I have PAT cards to do!).

sharlene54
08-28-2013, 07:11 PM
Oh, that is sad news. Sometimes a diversion can help a little. You certainly will have lots of chat partners.

CynthiaSillitoe
08-28-2013, 07:12 PM
Wonderful! I was so sad that I missed last weekend's a-thon... I need to see if I have anything important planned, but I really hope to be playing!
RL has been a bit shitty lately - just this Monday our wonderful cat died - and I'm a bit fuzzy in the brain. I think it'll be nice to have you lot here to chat with when I'm feeling :wacko: (and to kick my butt when I'm clear in the head - I have PAT cards to do!).

Oh, no! I'm sorry!

Mouseit
08-28-2013, 07:37 PM
Good Idea Cynthia, BUT she hasn't given any of us who know her - her address yet.. *looks sternly at Donna* or she would have had a care package a LONG time ago...LOL

Mouseit
08-28-2013, 07:38 PM
Ah, we enclosed our 2 car garage with screening, I got myself a portable air conditioner, and turned the entire garage into my craft room! Messes? NO PROBLEM! I just close the garage door! lol Now, I badly cut up my foot yesterday, so I'm on crutches...which means it'll take me a few extra minutes to get my projects in here to be scanned! lol But my messes can stay where they are, and I'm STILL gonna play this weekend!

Love the idea of a closable door...LOL

And what the heck did you cut your foot on....you can't just say you cut it and not tell us the gory details!

KESagers
08-28-2013, 07:55 PM
prayer at night - I'm so sorry to hear that you lost your sweetie - that is so difficult. Keeping you in my thoughts and sending hugs.

Mouseit
08-28-2013, 09:52 PM
Prayer at night - so sorry to hear you lost a part of your family, *hugs*

dmnh
08-28-2013, 10:12 PM
I don't think there is anything planned for this weekend for me. Guess if someone has made plans for me, they'll just have to find someone else to do it with them cause I've put this athon on my agenda. So long as the old body and the muse cooperates, I'll be here!

So sorry to hear about your kitty, Prayer.

Senorafuerte
08-28-2013, 11:24 PM
I'd like to play. I think I'll start warming up tomorrow. :)

Cathy1
08-28-2013, 11:33 PM
Oh Prayer, my heart goes out to you. I lost my little dog a couple of weeks ago - she was 13 - it was so sad so I know how you are feeling. Hugs to you.

Just Ducky
08-29-2013, 12:09 AM
did someone say ...Baileys and Chocolate ??? .... oh boy, I can see it's gonna be one of THEM marathon weekends... YEa....

Donna... have you ever found anyplace OVER there that has any crafty stuff for sale ??
sure hope your craft room that's in transit has got enough stuff to last you a couple years.... oh dear...

Just Ducky
08-29-2013, 12:18 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
To our CAthy1..... ya know that gal down there in New Zealand
pass the Baileys and lets cut the CAKE...

Evalila
08-29-2013, 03:32 AM
http://www.smileygarden.de/smilie/Party/17.gif (http://www.smileygarden.de) Happy Birthday, Cathy!!! http://www.smileygarden.de/smilie/Party/17.gif (http://www.smileygarden.de)

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-eatdrink004.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

As we say in Germany: "Hoch die Tassen! ("Raise your Cups") :laugh:

Evalila
08-29-2013, 04:07 AM
Okay, I just edited the first post:

Optional Challenges:

Friday: All about summer
Saturday: All about Holidays (any Holidays - its never to early to think about X-Mas)
Sunday: All about people
Monday: All about animals

And then

- the most chatty player and

- the one with the most cards (includes inchies, chunkies, moos....) posted to the thread

will receive a little award

jonquil
08-29-2013, 07:41 AM
Only 2 and a little bit hours till kick-off time here in Australia - I won't be up at midnight so here is a little something to almost getting us going - enjoy

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/238/small/1_Happy_Autumn__1.jpeg#1 Available

KESagers
08-29-2013, 01:54 PM
Happy Birthday to

Cathy1 today

and

Dsign49 yesterday!

Two birthdays to celebrate this marathon!

KESagers
08-29-2013, 02:23 PM
Oh ouch! Crafting is a good way to take your mind off the pain.

Jonquil that is a beautiful card to get us started!

lilbad
08-29-2013, 02:26 PM
Painting away and packaging swaps here at the campground. Grandson and dh are off fishing for trout and I'm on my own! Woot!!

dsign49
08-29-2013, 03:32 PM
Thank you too all the good wishes. They are very appreciated.
Tomorrow we can start.

prayer_at_night
08-29-2013, 04:01 PM
Thanks for your compassion, people! <3 It is sad to lose a family member, but then Whoopy was 18 years old and was just really tired... it's okay. It's still very strange and sad not to have her here... we had her since I was 5, so I practically can't remember the time without her. :sad: Cat-less flats feel very empty! :(
/whining

Happy Birthday, birthday girls! :jiggy: (I need a smiley that throws confetti ;) )

Do we start a-thoning on Friday "morning", 00.00 o'clock? Then that's only two hours left to wait for me! :v_spin:

jonquil
08-29-2013, 04:13 PM
okay it's officially athon time now so here are my next contributions - have enjoyed making a few House Mouse cards - love those little creatures - PM me if you would like to trade!!

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/238/small/1__2_Welcome_Autumn_.jpeg#2 Tradedhttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/238/small/1__3_Party_.jpeg #3 Traded
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/238/small/1__4_Where_s_the_Party_.jpeg #4 Traded http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/238/small/1__5_Hi_.jpeg #5 Traded

sharlene54
08-29-2013, 04:25 PM
happy, happy birthday to CATHY1 and DSIGN49!!!

Stamper, are you feeling any better today? We're you alone when it happened?

You launched us off to a great start jonquil. I always want to trade with you.

Cathy1
08-29-2013, 04:37 PM
Just dropped in and saw everyone is rocking. thank you so much for the birthday wishes. I love you all.

Now onto the arting. Back later with some more steampunk cards.

KESagers
08-29-2013, 05:39 PM
Love those mouse cards!

Working on backgrounds and trying to get some JAM cards out of the way before tomorrow.

esaeta
08-29-2013, 05:56 PM
Prepping! Got in some nice, bold coffee for the morning!!!

Mouseit
08-29-2013, 07:27 PM
It was SO stupid. I had just gotten done a long 5 mile walk/jog, and jumped in the pool to cool off. Realized the pool needed vacuuming, so I got out and hooked up the equipment. Started to vac, and stepped backwards...seems I forgot to put the lid back on the skimmer. My foot went into it, I tore the heck out of my big toe, took quite a few layers of skin off the back of my foot, and landed on the plastic skimmer basket, which broke and tore the heck outta my buttock! :arghh: Total stupidity, I KNOW to put that cover back on while working!

But I'm also a sissy, and I know my toe needed stitches...but I refuse to see a doctor, stitches HURT...so I'm trying to doctor it myself...hence the need for crutches, so it doesn't open again and bleed all over. ;) But the silver lining? I've been doing nothing but ATCs since Tuesday! :D

OMG : I am not laughing.... I am NOT laughing...... the tears are streaming down my face.. I can't help it... I have a very visual mind and as I read it I saw it happen.. OMG OMG... Poor girl! and they now give you a numbing *mumbles needle* before they stitch it I.R.Stamper - SO GO TO THE DR!!!

And yes its good that you have been arting since Tuesday...LOL

jonquil
08-29-2013, 07:56 PM
At work at the moment - looking forward to he time - I have no bus duty this afternoon so I get to go earlier than usual - more art time!!!!!

Suze
08-29-2013, 09:22 PM
oh my gosh. ITS GONNA BE ONE OF THEM KINDA ATHONS.....I can see the writing on the wall. (literally..will post pic later)
all the party girls are here.............so I counted out one extra pain pill for each day, ah, girls, not for you, but for me , yup I read your mind. (can't drink the Baileys no more. (for those who don't know I am a straight up teetotaler, that would never smoke , drink, curse, dance with cabana boys etc.... :jiggy::jiggy::jiggy: )
darn, I can't remember who had owie on foot,...take care of that..yeegads! did you say owie on backside too?
art and craft supplies held up in customs, oh no, nope, nope , nope....take my clothes, take my jewelry, take my husband, oh heck, take my kids...but leave me MY SUPPLIES!!;)

(prayer.....sorry for your loss, so many of us can relate, I lost my Leo (17yr old)its hard stuff to go through. hugs to you)

Just Ducky
08-29-2013, 10:21 PM
looks like Jonquil is our opening act this weekend... and House Mouse.. love them critters.

Dsign, sorry I missed your Birthday .. ya save some cake for US ???

and lookie there... Suze has paint brush in one hand and meds at the ready in the other...
so happy you going to play with us... just remember ... slow and steady... don't need you floating away on us...

KESagers
08-29-2013, 10:49 PM
So I got my JAMs done and cut out some images, water-colored some die-cut froggies and I have some backgrounds ready. Doesn't sound like much and I wanted to do more but I'm beat and going to bed. See y'all tomorrow.

Just Ducky
08-29-2013, 10:50 PM
been prepping all evening.. got glue sticks lined up.. scissors sharpened....
little over an hour for starting time... but now... I tired, going to bed... gonna hit it first thing in the morning... after coffee...
nite gals ...

sharlene54
08-29-2013, 11:00 PM
I did some prep, cutting and found some great napkins. See you all in the morning. I need to sleep, eyelids are drooping. Goodnight all.

Foxglove
08-29-2013, 11:22 PM
Yay! It's A-Thon time! Happy (late?) birhtdays, ladies! And I agree...go get that foot looked at! They'll numb it and you don't have to watch.

Got started for some swaps. Next up, make something for trades!

dsign49
08-29-2013, 11:26 PM
I made Baby Cakes and there are or were enough for everyone a taste. Could have a scoop of Ice Cream with a baby cake on top. Some one have some cold to drink?

Thanks everyone

Evalila
08-30-2013, 01:12 AM
7:09 am Friday morning. Finally A-thon-time. Well see what I can get done before I have to do the weekly grocery shopping with my MIL :skeptical: But Ill be back:)

Great cards, Foxglove and jonquil!

theweavershand
08-30-2013, 01:30 AM
been a tough week and im seriously ready for some art therapy! let the games begin!

Cathy1
08-30-2013, 01:49 AM
Here is what I have for trade so far.....both traded thank you
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6898/medium/1_STEAMPUNK_TIME_TO_TIME.jpg SteamPunk Time to Time ATC traded
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6898/medium/1_CHUNKY_STEAMPUNK.jpg Steampunk Chunky traded
Contact me if you would like to trade

Foxglove
08-30-2013, 01:55 AM
This is my attempt at the Chinese style of watercolor. I like it, but I'm not sure how to do a background for it. My previous two attempts destroyed the painting.

Cathy1
08-30-2013, 01:56 AM
Why would you want to do anything more to your card Foxglove - it looks perfect to me.

jonquil
08-30-2013, 02:10 AM
A couple more meeces and then onto something different - but do stay tuned for some snarkies!!!!
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/238/small/1__6Micey_Nice_.jpeg #6 Traded http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/238/small/1__7_Cozy_Holiday_.jpeg#7 Available

jonquil
08-30-2013, 02:12 AM
Foxglove - I second Cathy's comment - doesn't need anything else added

Foxglove
08-30-2013, 02:22 AM
Thank you both! I love the simplicity of it, but wasn't sure if it was too empty.

jonquil
08-30-2013, 03:48 AM
having a great deal of fun being able to spend time creating - here are another 4 - yes I am on a roll - it's only 5.00pm here and I have the whole evening ahead of me!!!!

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/238/small/1__8_Green_Geisha_.jpeg#8 Traded http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/238/small/1__9_Red_Geisha_.jpeg#9 Traded

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/238/small/1__10_Princess_.jpeg#10 Princess http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/238/small/1__11_Remember_.jpeg#11 Traded

Foxglove
08-30-2013, 04:52 AM
Thank you, Mary. I'll try pencils and see if it turns out well.

Two more, both available. Having fun!

Cathy1
08-30-2013, 04:52 AM
Here are two more from me. Both cards are from a deck which has the words "New Zealand and Silver Fern" on the reverse.
2 Clubs is tradedhttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6898/medium/1_4_Spades_APC.jpg...http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6898/medium/1_2_Clubs_APC.jpg

Cathy1
08-30-2013, 05:01 AM
I have a couple of cards from the last athon still looking for homes.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6898/small/1_Art_Dolls_2_of_4.jpg..Mary
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6898/small/1_The_Orient_2_of_2.jpg..The Orient
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6898/small/1_Alice_in_Wonderland_4_of_4.jpg..Alice and the Rabbit
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6898/small/1_Alice_in_Wonderland_2_of_4.jpg..Alice TRADED

Cathy1
08-30-2013, 05:02 AM
I am loving this athon.

Foxglove
08-30-2013, 05:21 AM
So am I, but I need a better system. I've misplaced two pencils, a background card and a handful of doodads I was going to put on my cards. And now I can't figure out what I did with my little paint brush. I'm working off a TV tray...how is it even possible to loose that many stuff? I'm going to blame the cat. He's only pretending to sleep on his kitty tree. :confused:

esaeta
08-30-2013, 05:31 AM
Really enjoying my first athon!!! Although I may be a bit overly-into-it since it's only 4:25am in Chicago! I had to get up and finish these two.

My first 4x4/Chunky cards for my first athon! Figure it's about getting out of my comfort zone! The post shows the front and back of two cards: Woods Bunny and Purse Doll.

Available: please pm me if interested in trading.

Foxglove
08-30-2013, 05:44 AM
Esaeta, your chunkies are great. I don't know what it is about an a-thon, but I seem to get more done during these than if I was working by myself. What I like is that I can experiment and try new things without worrying if its good enough for a themed swap or trying to come up with 3 or 4 for the same swap.

esaeta
08-30-2013, 05:48 AM
Foxglove, thank you! You are right about the a-thon allowing for greater experimenting! I'm actually going to try moos, but it's too early in the morning for that!

Foxglove
08-30-2013, 06:01 AM
I have three more Moos to do...trying to make them for the You Choose Moos swap before its too late.

Last card for the day. Really wish I didn't have to work this weekend!

Mouseit
08-30-2013, 07:14 AM
Foxglove stand up they are probably under you... heehee well that's where mine end up! :biglaugh:

jonquil
08-30-2013, 07:19 AM
When we had the Australian meet up in Melbourne Donnacr took me to an awesome store that sold beautiful yuzen paper (amongst lots of other things) - this is the first I have used any of it!!!

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/238/small/1__12_Plum_Kimono.jpeg#12 Tradedhttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/238/small/1__13_Pink_Kimono.jpeg#13 Available

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/238/small/1__14_Red_Kimono.jpeg#14 Tradedhttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/238/small/1__15_Blue_Kimono.jpeg#15 Available

Mouseit
08-30-2013, 07:20 AM
OKOK I am making cards now.... I HAD to finish my dragonfly swap ones first....NOW I can play!!!

KESagers
08-30-2013, 07:20 AM
Foxglove - your watercolor is wonderful!

Jonquil - you are on a roll!

Cool APCs Cathy!

Esaeta - keep those chunkies coming - you have the knack!

Mouseit
08-30-2013, 07:21 AM
OHHHH Cathy they are beautiful! I forgot I have a stash of that paper too..LOL maybe I can drap it out too.

KESagers
08-30-2013, 07:25 AM
Ladies, I'm new here and need to know what "moos" are??!! Can't figure that one out! Will be up and creating in a few hours - will post throughout the weekend. Looking forward to chatting with you all!

A moo is 1 x 2.75 inches (half of a business card) and is decorated just like an ATC on one side and some times partially decorated on the backside. Often traded in sets of 2 but you can negotiated a moo for moo trade any way you like.

esaeta
08-30-2013, 07:38 AM
Amazing art! And, Day 1 hasn't even begun for many folks!

Here are three ATCs. At first seemingly unrelated, the cards form a series titled "Abandoned or Endangered."

A&E 1 - Bronze: digitally modified photo of abandoned work boots.

A&E 2 - Aubergine: digitally modified composite of photo of iconic photo of blue whale breaking the surface.

A&E 3 - Brick Red: digitally modified photo taken at protest march in London. Caption: "Big Brother IS Watching."

All three are available for trade: please pm if interested.

Evalila
08-30-2013, 07:38 AM
YAY!!!! I think this is going to be a fab A-Thon!! Great start, everyone!

Im finally back home again after doing the grocery shopping with my MIL. Pffffftt! End of the month, end of the summer holidays and people are acting like there would be nothing to buy tomorrow.... Oh, but wait..... I think Im one of them...:twitcy:

KESagers
08-30-2013, 07:42 AM
Evalila - it's always a good feeling when the food shopping is done!

Everyone here is fed and hubby is off to work. Time for my morning nap but I'll be back later today.

NatashaMay
08-30-2013, 07:58 AM
I'm joining in again this weekend. :) I see you're all in full swing already. I have several personal trades and swaps I need to do. Here are my first two.
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=130242&d=1377863730 http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=130243&d=1377863740 both traded

jo.on.the.go
08-30-2013, 08:30 AM
While everybody else was busy cleaning out art stuff, I was too. I decided to use up the last of my paint chips. Does anybody do paintchip art any more (for those who don't know it: pick up paint chips at your friendly Lowes, Home Depot or wherever you buy house paint, and then paint something using the paint chip title as a theme)

Hawaiian Cinder
Highland Haze
Urban Mist (this also has a blue-ish sky, but the scanner is not seeing it)

mayaquilt
08-30-2013, 08:50 AM
Wow, that's beautiful jo.on.the.go!

esaeta
08-30-2013, 08:51 AM
Really cool paint chip cards!

jonquil
08-30-2013, 09:03 AM
Here are a few snarkies to amuse you!!!

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/238/small/1__16_Sympathetic.jpeg#16 Available http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/238/small/1__17_Minions.jpeg#17 Available

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/238/small/1__18_Narnia_.jpeg#18 Traded http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/238/small/1__19_Lollipop.jpeg#19 Available

marilou
08-30-2013, 09:14 AM
Just got internet access, and wow ladies great art, congratulations. Pity I can not join.
YES JO I have some paintchips my gallery and a lot to work on in a drawer.

jo.on.the.go
08-30-2013, 09:42 AM
Here are the last of my paint chip pictures. What a morning accomplishment doing 6 cards and using up the last of those. Now, don't you suppose somebody will decide to do a paint chip swap. I can't...got more trips planned.

Majestic Pines
Red Barn TRADED
Zeus TRADED

dsaeta
08-30-2013, 09:47 AM
Good morning/evening? everyone - well I've had my first cup of coffee after being awoken by my sister (esaeta) and I'm ready to have some fun - oh and create some art too.
What I've seen so far is absolutely gorgeous. Can't wait to get started.

Mouseit
08-30-2013, 09:57 AM
Hi All, I had to work today which meant I had lots of time to be bored..LOL so I did a little "Background" printing etc...BUT these aren't them..LOL

I just finished the dragonfly swap and I was having such fun with them I decided to continue....
#1. Dare to Dream - TRADED - Thank you
#2. Explore - Available
#3. Dragonfly - TRADED - Thank you

I have # 4 on the go but its now Midnight here so think I will head to bed and sleep for a few hours and come back...LOL

Night all!!

esaeta
08-30-2013, 10:27 AM
Mouseit, these are beautiful. . . Rest well and hurry back!

Evalila
08-30-2013, 10:38 AM
OMG, youre all so productive! Wonderful!!!

I finally managed to get one chunky finished:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/medium/1_Chunky001.jpg # 001 - Summer Tree

dmnh
08-30-2013, 10:53 AM
Hello Everyone! Wowza! You all been beautifully productive!~

I'm going to have to locate my box of paint samples......your's are great, Jo!

So much wonderful stuff already posted! I've been up since around 4 this morning. It's now almost 10. I worked on a paper bowl for the first couple hours and then switched over to ATCs and playing with the markers.
My day is wide open so there will be more art from me today. I do want to finish the paper bowl today. If that happens, I'll share with you all.

For now I have a hodge podge of subjects on ATCs. Zombies and microscopic cells were first on the agenda. Not sure why zombies decided to come along with morning coffee, but there you have it! I have no idea what cells I was drawing...I just Googled microscopic images and drew some pictures. I made up the names.
If anyone is interested in any of these, shoot me off a PM and I will get back ASAP.

Zombie Frank ATC
Brummeler Cells ATC traded
Eckhardt Cells ATC traded

dmnh
08-30-2013, 10:56 AM
And three more ATCs.... My muse is all over the place this morning~!

If you're interested shoot me off a PM.

Green Eye ATC traded
Green Dragonfly ATC
Blue Tree Frog ATC traded

dsaeta
08-30-2013, 11:21 AM
Chunky size card. Envelope was the perfect size. Now I need to go get a Frappe from McDonalds. Boy if I get one after each card I'm going to gain 30 pounds this weekend. Cool.

sharlene54
08-30-2013, 11:42 AM
Hey dsaeta, I just saw an ad for the Waffle House on Yahoo. We all could have some delicious, calorie filled party there. Doesn't that sound great? Any takers??

I love all the art. What a weekend this will be.

I'm off to a slow start, had some family issues and I'm going to art-it-up to try get my mind off of there stressful life things.

esaeta
08-30-2013, 11:52 AM
In need of repair - 4x4 / Chunky (Lite)

This one was difficult to scan, so hopefully the image is clear. . . Digitally manipulated photo of vintage Tonka toy trucks make up the front of the card; digitally composited group of "farm implement" license tags from the 50s on the back. Embellished with a miniature toy truck in need of repair.

CynthiaSillitoe
08-30-2013, 11:56 AM
Wow! I need to get busy!

mayaquilt
08-30-2013, 11:57 AM
First I had to finish some chunkies or swaps...
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3772/small/1_IMG_2085.JPG this one is for the chunky page PIF
But I made a second one that's on hold for the moment... http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3772/small/1_IMG_2084.JPG
They are both made of fabric with some beads and yarn.

mayaquilt
08-30-2013, 12:10 PM
And while I was playing with orange fabric I made two more chunkies.... Im in fabric mode this weekend ;)
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3772/small/1_IMG_2083.JPG
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3772/small/1_IMG_2082.JPG

sharlene54
08-30-2013, 12:18 PM
Those are beautiful, mayaquilt. I haven't use fabric in a while for my cards.

I love all the cards, I don't want to leave anyone out. Playing catch up is hard with so many posts. Thanks to all for joining.

I have 2 for posting
29L-made last year for the Labor Day ATHON
100L-made in 2011 and I never posted it. I tweeked a little for today

esaeta
08-30-2013, 12:23 PM
From 4x4 / Chunky to Moos! Enjoying my first ARART and the freedom to experiment that it affords. Before today, had never considered trying either of these two formats. Now, really enjoying both!

These are my first moos . . .

Frida in a suit - Moos
1. B&W Photo
2. Painting (Kahlo)
3. Painting (unidentified artist)

All three moos are digitally modified images.

Evalila
08-30-2013, 12:33 PM
Awesome, awesome art, everyone!!

Just finished another chunky, "Friendship":

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/medium/1_Chunky002.jpg # 002

Theresagram
08-30-2013, 12:34 PM
Looks like fun. :)

dsaeta
08-30-2013, 12:39 PM
I have the most wonderful son in the whole world. He brought me my Frappe!!!!!

esaeta
08-30-2013, 12:45 PM
Awesome!

Evalila
08-30-2013, 12:56 PM
Hope I can persuade hubby to take the dog for a walk.....;)

Theresagram
08-30-2013, 01:26 PM
I just got some new Halloween rubber stamps. I might play with them tonight. :)

dsaeta
08-30-2013, 01:29 PM
Come on SuzanneSky - JUST DO IT!!!!

KittyNL
08-30-2013, 01:40 PM
I just came back from holiday today, and I had planned to paint every day during the week.... well, I was too busy with sight-seeing, sailing, eating :wubclub: Let me unpack my stuff and I will be back!

torie.staples
08-30-2013, 01:49 PM
Got some stuff in the works, hoping to get some stuff done while my daughter naps!

jo.on.the.go
08-30-2013, 02:03 PM
Landscapes from my 2012 trip to Egypt.
Date Palm Plantation TRADED
Nile Scene

Theresagram
08-30-2013, 02:12 PM
Jo, those are BEAUTIFUL!

Theresagram
08-30-2013, 02:15 PM
Oh Theresagram, that is what I SO need, I have NOTHING for Halloween except one little bat stamp! Can't wait to see what you do with them!

I have a ton of Halloween stamps. Six binders full! :D And I've been in a Halloween mood lately.

sharlene54
08-30-2013, 02:56 PM
Me too. I have a few in the works.

CynthiaSillitoe
08-30-2013, 03:08 PM
I still haven't made it into the studio, but I'm getting closer. :)

NatashaMay
08-30-2013, 03:12 PM
Really amazing art in here today. :) A couple of atcs from me. That's it for today. :)
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=130318&d=1377889814 both traded

Just Ducky
08-30-2013, 03:16 PM
this place is for the BIRDS... and that's a GOOD thing..
so much great show and tell already... WAving HI.. to all you gals..

my first ... in the 'feather friends' mood.. just 2 done now, working a few more..

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_broad_billed_hummer.jpg....Broad Billed Hummer (#1)
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_eastern_bluebird.jpg.... Eastern Bluebird (#2)

dmnh
08-30-2013, 03:30 PM
Ma showed up a little while ago and tried to drag me to the thrift store with her but I resisted the temptation. I'm working on some altered keys at the moment, trying to get that swap out of the way....

My muse has been stuck on the color orange for some reason.....here's four ATCs up for trade if anyone is interested. The fishes are done on paint sample. Thanks for the inspiration, Jo!

clown fish ATC traded
eye orange ATC traded
orange fishes ATC
orange tulips ATC traded

dmnh
08-30-2013, 03:33 PM
And another three ATCs to trade.....

The fishes are done on paint samples with paint pen and black sharpie. I found the goose, half done, on my desk a little while ago. No clue when I drew it, but I colored it in just now.

Shoot me off a PM if you're interested.

I'm enjoying all the eye candy being presented!

Picses atc
red fish atc
white goose atc

theweavershand
08-30-2013, 03:47 PM
so many pretties!!

my back is giving me fits today so as soon as the Advil kicks in ill be at the art table!

Evalila
08-30-2013, 03:53 PM
More great art, wonderful, Ladies!!!

Here are three atcs, the last for today. Im up since 4 am this morning and desperately need some sleep:)

PARTY ON!!

I dont want to hear any complaints tomorrow:laugh:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/medium/1_LabDay003.jpg # 03

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/medium/1_LabDay004.jpg # 04

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/medium/1_LabDay005.jpg # 05

torie.staples
08-30-2013, 04:00 PM
Here's what I got done today :D

torie.staples
08-30-2013, 04:00 PM
The black card with the pearls is done with Tim Holtz Black crackle paint and then I inked over it with several colors, although you can't really tell :)

KESagers
08-30-2013, 04:03 PM
Sleep well Evalila!

Torie the colors on your cards are wonderful! Lov 'em!

You guys are rocking out the marathon - this is really awesome!

Here is the first of a few froggies cards from me:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Froggie_1.jpg
Froggie 1

dsaeta
08-30-2013, 04:04 PM
City Angel is traded - but Star Face is still available.

I'm trying to learn how to do faces. I took an online class called "Facecinating Girls" where you get stamps for the eyes, nose and mouth. Totally great class but the stamps are a little big so these cards were hand drawn.

What do you guys think?

KittyNL
08-30-2013, 04:09 PM
My first ATCs for this athon. I am going to get some sleep now, do not drink all the Baileys...

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_LD-ATART-1.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_LD-ATART-2.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_LD-ATART-3.jpg

KESagers
08-30-2013, 04:14 PM
Dsaeta your faces are fab - especially the eyes!

Kitty those sweet geese caught my eye!

jonquil
08-30-2013, 04:44 PM
wow - I go to sleep for a few pages and then have lots to look at when I get up - having some breakfast and then it's back to creating

dsaeta
08-30-2013, 04:45 PM
Thanks KESagers.

Took a short lunch break. Back to play.

CynthiaSillitoe
08-30-2013, 04:50 PM
Two from me so far. I hope I'll get a little more time later.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7318/small/1_amomentintime.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7318/small/1_heunderstoodthesea.jpg

esaeta
08-30-2013, 04:52 PM
Monster's Ball

Front: Prepping for the annual Monster's Ball - combination digital composite and collage. Image shows Frankie (Frankenstein's Monster), Edgar Allen Poe,, and Edward Scissorhands getting ready. The images of Frankie, the champagne fountain, and the Welcome sign are cut-out, overlaid, and raised.

Back: Waiting to perform - collage of images of Lady Gaga, David Bowie, and champagne bottle.

Available: please pm if interested.

dsaeta
08-30-2013, 04:55 PM
LOVE it sister.

dmnh
08-30-2013, 06:34 PM
More great art to see!!!! You all got your art on!

I made a windsock. The one that used to hang on the porch was in tatters. A new one was badly needed! I've already hung it so it isn't for trade!
It wouldn't have taken quite so long to make it if I could get along with a sewing machine. I drew the fish with a black sharpie right on the muslin, then colored it with oil pastels before cutting it out to sew it.

Just for the record, it's about 100 degrees outside today and not a whiff of breeze out there! Can't even test out the windsock......

I got a little farther on my altered keys also.

KESagers
08-30-2013, 06:44 PM
Stamper if you have trouble getting them into the thread just let us know when you post them to your gallery and we'll take a look. I can see your cards in your gallery and they look great. Keep trying - you may need a few more posts before you can upload to the thread - I'm not sure.

SpottedCrow
08-30-2013, 06:56 PM
I'm lurking in the shadows.. never did a ATART before..
everybody has been doing beautiful work :notworthy:

jonquil
08-30-2013, 07:14 PM
awesome I.R.Stamper!!!

here are my first ones for this lovely Saturday - then I have to tidy up a bit and get ready for my next lot - already planning them!!!

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/238/small/1__20_Geisha.jpeg#20 Available http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/238/small/1__21_Geisha.jpeg#21 Available

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/238/small/1__22_Geisha.jpeg#22 Available http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/238/small/1__23_Geisha.jpeg#23 Traded

jonquil
08-30-2013, 07:14 PM
Hope you come and play SpottedCrow - athons are always heaps of fun

esaeta
08-30-2013, 07:24 PM
jonquil, the cards are beautiful!

esaeta
08-30-2013, 07:28 PM
dmnh, love the windsock! If you're having the storms that we're having in Chicago, your windsock is going to get a good workout!

KESagers
08-30-2013, 07:34 PM
More great cards Jonquil!

I agree that Windsock is incredible! I hope you get something to break the heat soon.

Looking good Stamper!

Esaeta - I really like your digital work on that background. I'm going to try to do some digi this weekend.

Cynthia I always enjoy your found poetry!

KESagers
08-30-2013, 07:36 PM
More froggies:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1__Frend_.jpg
(frend)

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_A_Friend_Loves.jpg
A Friend Loves

Mouseit
08-30-2013, 07:45 PM
Good Morning All! Goodness! Go to sleep for a few hours and look at all the beautiful art that is created! You people ROCK!!!

I have to do a volunteer job today in the Lions Caravan but I am taking stuff to do between customers...LOL

Watch this space! ...or that one ...or that one over there...LOL

dsign49
08-30-2013, 08:08 PM
Well I got something done today.
130360 # 1 130361 # 2 130362 # 3 TRADED 130363# 4 130364 # 5 TRADED

KESagers
08-30-2013, 08:14 PM
Nice collage work dsign49 and redgirliegirl!

Here is a chunky from me but it's a Chunky lite - thin with minimal embellishments.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Spring_step.jpg
Spring in my Step

Senorafuerte
08-30-2013, 08:24 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/27221/large/1_atcwindmills.jpg
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/27221/large/1_atcdaddybestman.jpg

Only two so far, my kids are being extra challenging today!!! But now that hubby is home, maybe I can get on the ball...

esaeta
08-30-2013, 08:56 PM
Cedarburg

Photos taken outside Cedarburg, Wisconsin.

Front: Trees lining Cedar Creek, barely visible in the backlit background is The Covered Bridge (originally called Red Bridge).

Back: Digitally manipulated image of close-up of side wall of the Red Bridge.

Personal photos printed on quality gloss photo paper and mounted on medium weight cardboard.

Traded: Custom request.

KESagers
08-30-2013, 09:03 PM
Wonderful art Senorafuerte! Glad you could join us!

More great digi work Esaeta!

Dusted off 2 of my old kaleidoscopes for these ATCs. Original backgrounds with tiny frogs collaged on them - the blue frog is more camouflaged than the pink. Meant to be traded individually - not as a set.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Camoflauged_frogs.jpg
Camouflaged Frogs - Blue & Pink

torie.staples
08-30-2013, 09:06 PM
More stuff I made today :)

Suze
08-30-2013, 09:09 PM
I'm gonna try to upload an image, lol. picture of my youngest grandaughter getting first haircut. (I have some atcs to upload....Yay!!! this was just a test. smooch.

sharlene54
08-30-2013, 09:18 PM
So many, sooo many. Looking at the last two pages (I've been out of touch for most of the day), I saw cards from Cynthia, esaeta, dmnh, I.R.Stamper, jonquil, Kesagers, dsign49, redgirliegirl, Senorafuerte and torie.staples. Just sooo great. I know there are more with wonderful art. I celebrate all of you.

Finally I have a few:
101L(traded)
102L(traded)
103L
104L

esaeta
08-30-2013, 09:22 PM
KESagers,

Love the kaleidoscopically camouflaged frogs!

dsaeta
08-30-2013, 09:49 PM
This little booger took all afternoon. I saw a video on You Tube of something similar and I just had to try it.

Hole punch confetti individually glued down. Face hand drawn/hand painted with gelatos. Eyes are metallic markers. Background is gelatos.

See you guys tomorrow.

PS - this is a one and only and is ready to be hooked by the first lucky fisherperson.

esaeta
08-30-2013, 09:52 PM
Too cute! And, a ton of work!

KESagers
08-30-2013, 09:58 PM
Oh my goodness - all that glue and confetti - well done!

Thank you Esaeta!

Beautiful work Sharlene!

What a sweetie Suze!

Torie - right away I zeroed in on those inchies - great work!

I'm starting to slow down for the day here but I'll check in again before I go to bed. ;)

torie.staples
08-30-2013, 10:00 PM

dsaeta
08-30-2013, 10:07 PM
Fish Face has been caught.

Suze
08-30-2013, 10:09 PM
here is my first official athon atc since , gosh, I don't know when......hooray!

girl untitled #1 (traded)

jonquil
08-30-2013, 10:18 PM
gorgeous Suze!!!

Just Ducky
08-30-2013, 10:23 PM
oh Suze, you been hiding your pretties for too long,, this is beautiful...

I worked a few more Birdy cards this afternoon... all collage.. with the Birds from a calendar...
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_winter_cardnial__3.jpg... Winter Cardinal.. (#3) (TRADED, thank you)

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_tucked_in___4.jpg.... Tucked In.... (#4)

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_Junco___5.jpg.... Junco... (#5)

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_green_hummer__6.jpg...... (#6)

jonquil
08-30-2013, 10:25 PM
Here are a couple of kitties

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/238/small/1__24_Mauve_Kitty.jpeg #24 Traded http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/238/small/1__25_Red_Kitty.jpeg #25 Traded

Suze
08-30-2013, 10:30 PM
one more:

girl untitled #2 (the white around atc is just the table)

Rogue Gal
08-30-2013, 10:57 PM
I'm going to try to play a bit this weekend - thanks for the invite!

jonquil
08-30-2013, 11:05 PM
Two more from me - some pretty birdies this time

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/238/small/1__26_Pretty_Birdie.jpeg#26 Traded http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/238/small/1__27_Tweet.jpeg#27 Traded

esaeta
08-30-2013, 11:24 PM
Looking forward to seeing what will be posted over night. . . Good night everyone!

Just Ducky
08-30-2013, 11:26 PM
such bright and pretties Jonquil...

I am whipped tonight... hope for a tiny bit earlier to bed .... catch you gals in the morning.

dsaeta
08-30-2013, 11:28 PM
Love 'em jonquil.

jonquil
08-30-2013, 11:29 PM
only 1.30 in the afternoon here so still plenty of time for art - have to go and get some food for my kitty and some milk for coffee!!!!! then there will be some more creatures in the mix

KESagers
08-30-2013, 11:43 PM
Suzanne I see your Kitty in your gallery and Summer cat is just perfect for this end of summer marathon! If you can't get your images to load into the thread let us know whenever you have new art in your gallery and we'll look there.

Suze, Ducky, Stamper and Jonquil you are keeping us going with some fabulous art tonight! Falling asleep at my computer so it's off to bed for me. See you all tomorrow!

Donnacr
08-31-2013, 12:32 AM
Just a very quick note to say that I am creating but that our weekend is filling up with all manner of things - I am off now to a 'Women's activites afternoon'. I have a horrible feeling that I will be expected to flower arrange and be housewifely - I have a BLACK thumb (in other words, I can kill anything floral that I touch) and do not consider myself the least little bit housewifely.
Check out my Gallery for what I have loaded so far.

Foxglove
08-31-2013, 01:12 AM
I.R Stamper, I love your pumpkin! There's nothing wrong with it. Jonquil, I love those papers you're using. Very pretty! Everyone else has such wonderful cards!

Suze
08-31-2013, 01:14 AM
loving this athon and reading the thread AND I actually got two cards done. been a long time since I've participated.

so after channel surfing for 2 min., I've spent the last hour, glassy eyed, staring at the tv, watching some shirtless hairy redneck type guys in mucky water catching 42lb catfish by hand.........good grief.......I must be tired. :sleep:

Nite all!

Senorafuerte
08-31-2013, 01:39 AM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/27221/small/1_atcoverunder.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/27221/small/1_atcmorningbells.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/27221/small/1_atclullaby.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/27221/small/1_atcsatellite.jpg

That's all I got for tonight. Sleepies...

theweavershand
08-31-2013, 02:24 AM
so much fabulous art!! you guys are really rocking this ATART! hoping i can actually get some cards done for trade! keep up the great work!

Mouseit
08-31-2013, 02:24 AM
This is the rest of my Friday offerings. I have NEVER been able to do this much work in one day! I'm not usually this prolific, but y'all are just so inspiring! I am having a blast!

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/28144/small/1_handdrawn_pumpkin.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/28144/small/1_mice_and_dragonfly.jpg

OOHHHH I spy Mousies....... And Stamper... that zetti pumpkin is amazing!!!

Mouseit
08-31-2013, 02:27 AM
Ok Back at 4.30ISH.... it was supposed to only be for an hour and a half... the President decided that we needed to go an hour early so everything could go on sale as people waited... then the game had to go into more time as the two sides were a drawer......AND I am thinking ...they are using my creative time... so I am now zooming off to art for the next couple of hours....

jonquil
08-31-2013, 02:36 AM
I am having so much fun!!!! glad you are back Mouseit and able to create!!! Here are two more from me - PM me if you'd like a trade

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/238/small/1__28_Ducky.jpeg#28 Traded http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/238/small/1__29_Mousie.jpeg#29 Available

Foxglove
08-31-2013, 03:01 AM
Jonquil, I love your cards - the mouse is adorable. Can I just order one of everything? :biglaugh:

These are for the Personality of Yellow swap.

Evalila
08-31-2013, 03:19 AM
WOW!!! You all ROCK!!!

It took me ages to read all the posts and admire all the artwork that has been posted since I went to sleep. Better get back to the arttable to make something I can trade for.... :D

KittyNL
08-31-2013, 04:15 AM
Goodmorning all! I need to do some shopping this morning but then I will be back in business :yes:

jonquil
08-31-2013, 04:35 AM
Here are my latest offerings - then time for dinner and perhaps a few snarkies later on

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/238/small/1__30_Black_Cat.jpeg#30 Traded http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/238/small/1__31_Pink_Mousie.jpeg#31 Available

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/238/small/1__32_Quack.jpeg#32 Available http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/238/small/1__33_Green_Kitty.jpeg#33 Available

mayaquilt
08-31-2013, 05:16 AM
Yesterday I finished some other fabric cards for a swap
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3772/small/1_zwart-wit2.JPG
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3772/small/1_zwart-wit1.JPG
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3772/small/1_zwart-wit3.JPG
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3772/small/1_zwart-wit4.JPG

mayaquilt
08-31-2013, 05:30 AM
I had some black and white fabric left so I made some more fabric chunkies to trade ;)
130410 zwart/wit 5

130411 zwart/wit 6

130412 zwart/wit 7

Foxglove
08-31-2013, 05:32 AM
Mayaquilt, love your fabric cards!

Not as productive today. Just cant paint anything worth keeping. Caught the cat drinking my dirty watercolor water...decided to quit while I'm ahead. :arghh:

Mouseit
08-31-2013, 05:34 AM
OMG More mice!!! LOL Jonquil nice job!!

Mouseit
08-31-2013, 05:39 AM
4. Queen of the Pond - On hold for dah duck.
5. Memories - Available.
6. Fabulous Shoes - Available.

jo.on.the.go
08-31-2013, 06:25 AM
Two scenes from Siena Italy, where I visited many years ago. Yes, most of the buildings ARE Burnt Siena-colored.

Siena, Italy
Torre del Mangia Campanile, Siena Italy

KittyNL
08-31-2013, 06:54 AM
Another pair of geese for Cathy1

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/8556/small/1_LD-ATART-4.jpg

jonquil
08-31-2013, 06:56 AM
For a change of pace here are some 4x4 snarkies

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/238/small/1__34_Valium_Latte.jpeg#34 Available http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/238/small/1__35_Today_is....jpeg#35 Available

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/238/small/1__36_Thought_Bubbles.jpeg#36 Available

Evalila
08-31-2013, 07:19 AM
My first cards for today - found my Halloween stuff;)

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/medium/1_LabDay006.jpg # 06 http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/medium/1_LabDay007.jpg # 07

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/medium/1_LabDay008.jpg # 08

dmnh
08-31-2013, 07:26 AM
Good Morning!
You all have been busy little artistes while I was sleeping! I'd still be sleeping if old Fred dog hadn't gone off the deep end and woke my hide up wanting outside. It's raining this morning and a good thing the dog did wake me. The windows in my van were down. So I've been outside, in my pajamas, in the rain this morning. I hope it rains all day! We could use some rain badly.

I'm afraid my windsock didn't hold up to the wind overnight. I found it laying in the grass by the driveway when I went out to roll up the windows. It needs some heavy duty fishing line instead of the 8lb test stuff I used. Can anyone tell me where I put that package of 12 lb test fishing line I dragged home a week or two ago? It seems to be lost in the abyss!

As soon as I get some coffee in me, I'll upload the two ATCs I got done last night before I fell out! Sleep hit me like a cannonball!

Evalila
08-31-2013, 08:40 AM
Two Steampunk cards with postage stamps - sorry for the bad pics:(

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/medium/1_LabDay009.jpg # 009

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/medium/1_LabDay010.jpg # 010

miloccpep
08-31-2013, 09:07 AM
I wasn't able to access the site yesterday! Working on a paper sculpture and wanted to upload the pic. It's a work in progress...
Wow! I had backtrack 13 pages! Great art everyone! Let's see if i can stay up a little later and do some art. I'll go look for my muse... excuse me. Be back later!

Mouseit
08-31-2013, 09:14 AM
Ok Here are:
7. Live out Loud - TRADED - Thank you
8. You should of seen that mouse - TRADED - Thank you
9. Waiting - Available

jo.on.the.go
08-31-2013, 09:20 AM
More from me. I keep flipping through vacation photos for ideas of what to draw.

Tintern Abbey, Wales
Paddy's Pub, Ireland
Boscastle Harbor, England TRADED

miloccpep
08-31-2013, 09:41 AM
Origami envelopes great for keeping postage stamps and other odds and ends.
Measurement: 8cm x 6.5cm

These are folded with floral origami paper. May use plain paper. I am folding these for a performance where we insert a quotation in there and distribute to audience. It's called The Happiness Event.
THE is a means to encourage our audiences to reflect on the concept of Happiness and the pursuit of Happiness.
THE is a result of numerous workshops specially tailored for the 'performers' most of whom began this process with little or no performing experience. THE marks a milestone for the ensemble performers:they created their own short performances for the event.

Mouseit
08-31-2013, 09:43 AM
Ok Its 11.43pm here, and I have a headache...LOL So I am off to bed so I can continue tomorrow.......Night all!

miloccpep
08-31-2013, 09:45 AM
So, Tasmania Australia is 2 hours ahead of Singapore!

miloccpep
08-31-2013, 09:59 AM
Origami Bookmark
Large Neko - polka dot
Small Neko - luminous paper

Long-bodied Cat Bookmark - plain colored paper.

NatashaMay
08-31-2013, 10:08 AM
I made some stamped ATCs today. :) Don't feel like drawing.
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=130433&d=1377958005 all traded

Evalila
08-31-2013, 10:19 AM
Sleep well, Mouseit!

Hi everyone :)

Just finished 3 more cards:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/2_LabDay011.jpg # 011 http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/2_LabDay012.jpg # 012 http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_LabDay013.jpg # 013

torie.staples
08-31-2013, 10:28 AM
Great stuff in here!! Hopefully going to make more stuff today!

KESagers
08-31-2013, 10:39 AM
All I can say is WOW! What an amazing amount of art has appeared while I slept! I am working on a cup of Mocha trying to wake up and get back to it here. ;)

dsaeta
08-31-2013, 10:44 AM
Goood morning everybody. I AM READY. My son brought me my Frappe this morning and I have ideas bubbling in my head so here I go.

Are you guys pumped???? There has been some really awesome art posted so far - let's do it again today.

Hey - do you all listen to music while you work on your art? If so - what are you all listening to? Might be interesting to hear what everyone's taste in music is. I go from Pink to Engima to Nicole C. Mullen. Even Cello Wars - just depends on what I'm working on.

Evalila
08-31-2013, 11:07 AM
Hey - do you all listen to music while you work on your art? If so - what are you all listening to? Might be interesting to hear what everyone's taste in music is. I go from Pink to Engima to Nicole C. Mullen. Even Cello Wars - just depends on what I'm working on.

I do listen to music - or to audiobooks. What kind of music depends on my mood. Pink and Enigma are great, but I also love The Alan Parsons Project, George Harrison, Gossip, Janis Joplin, music of the 70s and 80s, Bob Marley, Unheilig and Peter Fox. And I "compiled" some songs I call "Happy Songs", songs that are happy, have a fun "attitude", that make me feel happy. :D

Suze
08-31-2013, 11:11 AM
Morning everyone!
Stamper....glad your healing up , and wow, you've made a bunch of cards with all those owies.
and I vote for ice tea with Malibu rum!

I have a wonderful friend whose job it is to go around and close AC Moore, Michaels, and JoAnn stores....part of some kinda team....anyway she gets tons and tons of art stuff and she brought me some. Hooray. (cept she didnt' stick around to splain how I use it) I'll try to take pic of some of the paper, its unusual.....maybe some one here would like some. I'll share.:yes:

monarch
08-31-2013, 11:15 AM
suze....I bet it was like Christmas when she dropped off the art stuff!!! Have fun with it!!!!

Suze
08-31-2013, 11:16 AM
oh yeah....music.....I have kind of eclectic taste , one of my new favortes is Mushaboom. I also LOVE Pavarotti and Puccini's operas and classical and Bob Marley and love love Bette Midler. And I've been exploring sound tracks to movies....like the track to Titanic.

party on athon type artists!!

dmnh
08-31-2013, 11:17 AM
Music is a must! This morning I can't tell you what I'm actually listening to as I'm trying to get through my list of unknown tracks that my friend Cory sent me sometime back. He's a musician so it's hard saying who all these folks are. I like some of it, some of it, I don't. There's been everything from Rap to Country to Rock and Roll and everything in between, old and new. There really is no 'bad' genre of music as far as I'm concerned.

That rain I woke up to did not stick around. Darn it! It's gonna be another hot one in NW Kansas today.

I forgot to come back after I got the coffee going earlier to share the two cards I made yesterday. I have two more done so here's four for trade. If you're interested, shoot me off a PM and I'll get back with you.

asleep in the purple chair ATC traded
avocado ATC
orange wildflowers ATC traded
mermaid margaret ATC

dsaeta
08-31-2013, 11:25 AM
I haven't heard of some of these artist so I will have to look them up. Neat cards dmnh. Suze how wonderful for you - how fun!!!!

sarat
08-31-2013, 11:40 AM
How did I miss this ATART? Woke up and checked the gallery and there was ALL this new and wonderful art. Hope to make some cards today. Want to try some new textures.

mayaquilt
08-31-2013, 11:41 AM
I'm listening to 'Simpy Red' while sewing.
I made yet another fabric chunky :) This one is made from sunprinted fabric (I used the leaves of the Kerria plant for the sunprint). It is machine quilted and has a transparant image of the plant on top. I could make more...made a lot of sunprinted fabric this summer ;)
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3772/large/1_kerria1.JPG

miloccpep
08-31-2013, 11:45 AM
Loved that chunky Maya! You sure are handy with that machine!

dsaeta
08-31-2013, 11:55 AM
Love your fabric chunkys.

esaeta
08-31-2013, 11:56 AM
mayaquilt, absolutely beautiful!

KESagers
08-31-2013, 11:58 AM
Welcome Sarat!

More great art keeps appearing! :)

I just worked on 2 cards that were tons of fun. I used my gel with beads and modeling paste - products I haven't played around with very much. Both cards are sitting under a fan out of reach of the cats but I think they are going to take A LONG time to dry - probably wont be able to upload until tomorrow. Does anyone know how long it takes this stuff to dry? SO MUCH FUN!