Clue Mystery Game HandDrawn/HandPainted 6 for 6 cards - Due November 22

sasjhwa

Reaching for the Next Artistic Plateau
Media
Swap Due Date – CHANGED TO DECEMBER 6

Contact me by the withdraw date if you must withdraw or you will receive a neutral iTrader.
Number of Cards - 6 for 6
Number of participants - Unlimited
Medium- Hand drawn/painted

This swap is all about the classic board game "Clue." Put on your sleuthing hats, read our SPECIAL RULES and solve the mystery!

1. This is a 6 for 6 cards swap.
2. You must make one card each of the principle suspects: Professor Plum, Miss Scarlett, Mrs. White, Colonel Mustard, Mr. Green, and Mrs. Peacock.
3. You must give each character one of the 6 weapons in the game: Knife, candlestick, rope, lead pipe, gun, and wrench.
4. So you will have 6 different characters each with a different weapon.
5. You may be as creative in your interpretation as you like. Extra joy if you incorporate the rooms of the game in your design.
6. You will receive back 6 different characters from 6 different players. Weapons may be repeated in your returns (If 2 people give Colonel Mustard the Knife, for example)
7. All skill levels are welcome to join but please put in your best effort and do not copy or trace another artist's work. Be creative.

If you have questions, just ask.

PLEASE READ THESE DETAILS:
--cards must be standard ATC size, 2.5x3.5in
--include your username, real name, and location on the back of each card.
--hand drawn or painted only, please. Do your best work: Something you would be proud to give and to receive.
--US players: include a self addressed business sized stamped envelope with enough postage to get your cards back to you OR loose postage and a large address label. For this swap this will be 2 Forever Stamps in most cases.
--Internationals: Please send a self addressed business sized envelope OR large address label. I will cover the postage cost for all international traders. I collect postage stamps though so if you want to include a loose stamp from your country for my collection, that would be awesome.
--ALL PLAYERS write your user name on the back of your return envelope and put cards in plastic sleeves.
--when your returns arrive, remember to leave iTrader for me and rep points for those whose cards you received. Part of the fun of the trade is finding out where in the world our cards ended up.
--if you need to drop the swap you must communicate with me or you will receive a neutral iTrader rating.

--When your cards are finished and ready to send, please PM me for address information.

--Host cards are not necessary but always treasured.

Sasjhwa - Washington
KentuckyDakota - California
DmyTLadybug - Georgia
LadyDoor - Missouri
Mairghead - Missouri
Squ1rrel - Illinois
Els - Washington
Purplecat - Isle of Man
Katcouch - Missouri
Tandy - California
Pschafe1 - New York
Drake22ice - Pennsylvania
IrishRose - California
Debs913 - Ohio
ChinaMoon - California
Monica - Illinois
Dietrichsgirl - Arkansas

Last edited:
This is brilliant! But I have to practice before signing up, because my people drawing skills are very amateur :)

This is FREAKIN' AWESOME!!!! I'm so in!!!!!! One question though can the principle suspects be of our own design or like the ones in the game.

Smallgirl! This is a great swap to practice your people drawing skills. We have a thread called the Daily Drawing where you can post pics of your works in progress and get feedback from people. It is a FANTASTIC way to increase your skill quickly. They are quite nice there too. :D http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25946&highlight=daily+drawing

JJkx76, Welcome to the mansion! Don't trip over the body! Yes, by all means view them through your own inspiration. They can be true to the idea of the game or your own wild ideas brought to life. As long as there are clues of who they are. For example, if you make Miss Scarlett and she has a black dress and blonde hair and no red or other clues to her name you might want to rethink it a bit.

Lurking over this.....LOVE the idea....in the Clue movie Miss Scarlet has brown hair and a red dress....I think. Can we take tips from the movie? Just curious because I would totally draw up my own characters....thinking Miss White is an old, overweight, uppity snoot with a white dress and white hair.... I don't know...what do you think?

You may draw inspiration from wherever you want. Use the game style, movie style, your own style. If you draw great celebrity likenesses and want to cast movie stars in the roles go for it. Cartoon style. Sure. Whatever thrills you.

Welcome KentuckyDakota!

I used to play the game with my brothers, I always was the looser, just can`t think logically enough for them. I am much better at creating characters so please count me in! :D

I have the deluxe edition with all the extra rooms and weapons, even more characters. I've had it at least 20 years. lol Everybody still loves it.
Sign me up, please.

Keeping an eye on this one... did anyone else read the Clue mystery books as a kid? (early/ mid-90s?) The characters were so loathsome in those, but the mysteries were fun.

DmyTLadybug and Thalia, put your coats in the cloakroom and get out your fingerprinting kits! The killer may be any one of us! Welcome to the game!

I never played the expanded game or read the books. Sounds like fun though!

We read all the Clue and Clue Jr. books. My kids were hooked and we were sad when we ran out of them. I think we still have a few around here somewhere. But the game is still my first love. Did anyone else ditch the rolling of the dice by the 2nd or 3rd game and just go from room to room to make guesses?

No way, Kentucky, you gotta roll the dice because if I see you going there, I'm going to try to beat you there. lol
I am Mrs. Ladybug and I will be in the library if you need me.

Back
Top Bottom