PDA

View Full Version : Will Trade My hand made Cards for your mass produced Christmas cards

velcrodog
12-13-2013, 01:26 PM
Okay, This may sound strange but I am a wronged woman. I want to feel good this Christmas. I will send you a hand made card. Blank with envelope. If you send me a run of the mill (cheap dollar store - I don't care) mass produced Christmas card. I have a bunch of ribbons on my guest room door (my new bedroom) and I want to fill them with Christmas cards from "friends" So send me a card and sign it just like you would family or friends. I in turn will send you a hand made card inside another card that you can use to send to someone special....

Be sure to neatly print your entire name and addy on the envelope so I can send you your card. Inside the card put a sticky note or something with first your screen name here so I can give you an iTRader or post on this thread to make it really easy for me (and I hope you give me one- if you want) and secondly your choice of card type...
a blank note card, funny card, birthday card, Christmas card or what ever. Also let me know if you want a sweet pretty card or a funny and snarky card. I have terrifically funny/snarky cards -- give me your age so I know if I can send you funny cards for women over 56, my age! I also do a lot of blank victorian type cards and childrens cards. I teach a lot of card classes so you should like my cards a lot!

I am doing this just to prove to my cheating husband that people love me. And to make him feel bad. Long story but I really need this, and you are getting the better end of the deal, but I am getting the satisfaction. Thanks you!

Just pm me for my addy and title it Christmas Cards for wronged woman and I will know what it is about!

Am I crazy? Yes, like a fox!:biglaugh:

Thanks to EVERYONE!!!! I have to post the picture but I have a huge door full of Christmas cards... He got the point. Knows he did wrong and that I am worth it....I will close this thread shortly....

Hope you all have a Merrier Christmas than I will!

January 8, 2014 UPDATE

Here are the pictures FINALLY, sorry it took me soooo long! Enjoy!
And thank y'all so much! You made my holiday bearable!!!!

We have my door, his door, and the funniest card I received, I almost died when I pulled the slider!!!!!:biglaugh::biglaugh:

chicneek
12-13-2013, 03:33 PM
You deserve the love! You are one of my favourite traders and in brightening my day with your mail you are a friend not a "friend".

Elena
12-13-2013, 03:49 PM
Yes, you are crAzY! Better change the "About You" part of your profile....
I'll send you a card :)

vikinglady
12-13-2013, 05:31 PM
Hey Velcrodog! Your card is in the mail. You let us know how many you receive okay! Elena's right too - better change your profile and make sure you mention you are young and AVAILABLE ;)

vikinglady
12-13-2013, 06:15 PM
I LOVE my June BUTT card. I am going to have a hard time waiting until my sister's birthday in March before I send it. Thanks Velcrodog!!!

JAD
12-13-2013, 10:39 PM
Added you to my Christmas card list :) Friend!!!

Just Ducky
12-14-2013, 12:12 AM
A Just Ducky Christmas card is heading your way my friend... maybe a couple ???

velcrodog
12-14-2013, 02:55 AM
Yes, you are crAzY! Better change the "About You" part of your profile....
I'll send you a card :)

Took your advise and changed it.... tell me how you like it!!!!:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::big laugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Vicki Z
12-14-2013, 08:57 AM
Sh!t.....
You drive mom home, get stuck in a snowstorm in Michigan, and come home to this.
Card coming.......

SpottedCrow
12-14-2013, 09:28 AM
"YOU" are loved!! ... and appreciated my friend! Card on the way !!

dsaeta
12-14-2013, 09:36 AM
I agree. You are one of my favorite artist and traders on this site. Card on its way.

esaeta
12-14-2013, 09:42 AM
You got it girl! Love you!

vikinglady
12-14-2013, 01:22 PM
The new information you added to your profile gave me a good chuckle while sipping my coffee this morning. You also gave me inspiration to begin making some snarky cards. Maybe they'll make good fridge magnets :D

TherapeuticArt
12-14-2013, 05:41 PM
I will have my card out to you in Monday's mail (with PIF card too!). It's on the way and hope it helps cheer you up!!!

Gypsy Spirit
12-14-2013, 06:05 PM
just so happens i have aquired boxes of xmass cards in an auction house box lot.
realy no idea what to do with them all (dont do xmass) soooo
Special shinny xmass card headed your way!

velcrodog
12-14-2013, 10:20 PM
You ladies are wonderful. I spent all day, card classes with 12 cards done each class. I was ready to pull my hair out. but home and quiet and peaceful in MY room right now. Yes, I do have a houseful of teenage boys. 4 pizzas, 8 bags of chips, and a bunch of soda should keep them and the gaming systems/computers quiet tonight. I only have the 'puter as I laid down the law... If I am feeding you- you guys get the dishes done... They are doing it!!! So,

Thanks for your support. I am doing well and I know that I will come out of this fine, but boy.... If I could only turn off my brain for a few minutes so I wouldn't think! I know I need to learn how to meditate... I still think when I try to do that.....lol

Thanks for everything you gals are awesome!

vikinglady
12-14-2013, 11:50 PM
Dear Cathy aka Velcrodog, Invest in your own health right now. Last year, due to the stress of looking after a terminally ill member of my family, my blood pressure got dangerously high. In fact at one point it hospitalized me. I went on meds. No luck. I got every side effect and then some. A friend of mine who loves me, sent me a DVD - yoga and meditation with Deepak Chopra. Changed my life and my blood pressure is now normal. Best of all, I feel alive, fully present in the moment and focused. Try it for yourself - you won't regret it ;)

Jean
12-15-2013, 12:07 AM
Hugs your way, Cathy! Send me your address....Dunno if you'll get it by Christmas, but I'll do my best!

velcrodog
12-15-2013, 06:57 AM
I went to sleep right after that last post at 9:30 last night & those kids had fun. My kitchen is semi clean and my laptop was sitting outside MY bedroom door so I could use it when I woke. Those kids won't be moving till after 2pm or so! Yeah, I just finished up all my iTraders I owed (I hope) from the stack of mail I had when I got home from mom's. I am almost finished with mailing out the Pre-Christmas athon cards. And I gave all you wonderful women a You Rock! 'cuz y'all DO! Thanks again!

TherapeuticArt
12-15-2013, 09:39 AM
Cathy- MEDITATE!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously, like Vikinglady said, it can change your life. Here is how to start- just sit in a quiet room comfortable but upright, and settle down, then just count breaths up to 10 and back and up to 10 and back. If (when) your mind strays, just say "oh there I go again" - be gentle with yourself- and bring it back to counting. That's about it. Try it for 5 or 10 minutes at first, and try to do it every day or as much as you can. It does help! GOOD LUCK!

beachcomber
12-16-2013, 04:04 PM
If you would like an Aussie Chrissy card msg me your addy. It may be a little late but I can drop it in the mail today.

MAILED!

velcrodog
12-17-2013, 12:21 AM
I cannot believe how fortunate I was to stumble upon this site! You are all awesome!

Theresagram
12-17-2013, 04:30 PM
Cathy, I got a card in the mail to you. So glad you liked the stuff I sent you! Please don't worry about sending me any Christmas card in return. I hardly ever send out greeting cards unless it's with a trade. LOL I'm such a slug.

You WILL get thru this! HUGS!

velcrodog
12-21-2013, 08:42 PM
Thank y'all so much! My door looks wonderful!

TherapeuticArt
12-21-2013, 09:39 PM
I hope you are feeling better!! Are you able to take a photo and post it here? That would be cool, if you can! Think positive thoughts and keep making great art!

sharlene54
12-22-2013, 01:16 PM
I'll be sending you a card, my friend. I hope you are doing better.

tealtornado
12-22-2013, 10:15 PM
Your card went out today. I don't need a return card, was glad to do it! Not sure I put my user name but our dogs said hi to Cooper. Take care!

sharlene54
12-24-2013, 06:27 PM
I will agree with teal tornado. No need for any returns.

dsaeta
12-24-2013, 09:25 PM
Received my beautiful cards. Thanks you.

velcrodog
12-28-2013, 12:09 AM
Thanks so much y'all! I am going to post a picture or two soon... I am still getting Christmas Cards in the mail! The door is full and I am putting them on the door frame now! You guys are wonderful!

sharlene54
12-28-2013, 12:53 AM
I'd love to see a picture of all your cards.

mcgillisj
01-01-2014, 12:35 PM
Just saw this thread now. YOU ARE LOVED, my dear!!!!! Sorry I missed sending you a Christmas card, but I will send you a Thinking of You card instead. Hugs!!

miloccpep
01-01-2014, 10:09 PM
Like mcgillisj, I just stumbled across this thread. Sorry I missed sending you a Christmas card, but how about a Lunar New Year card? No worries about sending me a return card.
They are all correct to say you are one of the best trader on AFA. I so enjoy your 'chats' and humour!
Okay, off to create a Chines New Year card for you!

artrageous
01-03-2014, 09:23 PM
If u are still looking for these please let me know

velcrodog
01-08-2014, 12:51 PM
Okay ladies I posted my pictures at the beginning of the thread... Y'all have been great. I think I have gotten cards out to almost everyone... just a couple that were delivered yesterday that I have to do yet... If you don't get a card from me --- let me know- pm me - (in about 2 weeks-give it a little time) and I will send another!!! Thanks for making my holiday bearable!!!! I will get this thread closed now!!!