Media
Swap Due Date: due February 28, 2014
Signup date: February 12, 2014
Withdraw date: February 20, 2014
Number of ATCs: 3/3
Number of participants: 30
Medium: all media, except for fully digital

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2014 - due February 28, 2014

As JAD unfortunately had to cancel her Happy New Year swap I offered her to take over hosting the swap, so here is the new thread! Please note that it's no longer a no-sign up swap but one with a max # of participants of 30.

This swap is about everything '2014
'.
What are your goals and/or wishes for the new year.
What would you like to change or add to your life?
Do you have any big things coming up in 2014?
How did you celebrate the New Year?
Do you love the fireworks at midnight?
What special traditions do you have for New Years Eve or January 1rst?
You can make your cards in any way that you like, just please make sure there's a 2014 somewhere on your card.

SWAP DETAILS

• This will be a 3:3 only swap, originals only, no prints.
  • All cards must be the standard ATC size (2.5"x3.5"), sturdy and in their own plastic sleeve.
  • Techniques: all except for fully digital (using a digital background is fine, as long as you add some non-digital as well)
  • Please include at least your screen name, location and name of swap on the back of your cards.
  • Please only send in work you're proud of and would like to trade for yourself.

MAILING INFO

When you're ready to mail your cards, please PM me for my address. I have moved earlier in 2013 so please don't use any previous address you still may have on file for me (my current streetname starts with a W..)! Once your cards arrive, I'll mark them as 'arrived' in the participants list.

• All cards are due in my hands by February 28 2014. I'm in The Netherlands, so please keep this in mind when mailing out your cards and mail early to allow time to reach me.
  • Late cards will be swapped with other late arrivals if possible, otherwise they will be returned to sender.
  • Please ensure your cards are securely packed; loose cards sliding around in the envelope may result in ripped open envelopes and loss of cards, which would be a great shame! Please don't use excessive amounts of tape and no staples please (the Dutch mailsystem seems to hate those with a vengence).
  • ALL players: please include a (preferably printed) medium sized address label also including your country (stickyback would be cool, but a scrap of paper is fine as well). I will provide the return envelopes, so no need to include those.
  • Postage. If you're in the The Netherlands or Belgium: please include loose postage equivalent to what it took to mail your cards to me. If you're in the USA: please include loose postage equivalent to what it took to mail your cards to me or well-conceiled cash. Players from all other countries: please include well-conceiled cash as I can't use your countries postage in other swaps myself (PayPal is also an option, please PM me for details).
  • Please also clearly write your username and swapname on the back of your mailing envelope.

Withdrawals
No worries if life gets in the way and you need to withdraw, but please communicate in time. As there is a max number of players for this swap, there may be people waiting for a spot on the waitlist (see below). So I would ask you to be considerate; if you think you're not gonne make it, please don't wait until the last moment to withdraw but do so in time so someone from the waitlist can take up your spot and still have enough time to mail in their backgrounds.
Please note, no shows without communication will result in neutral iTrader.

iTrader and rep
When I receive your ATCs I will update this post showing that your cards have arrived. I will leave iTrader for all participants once the cards are swapped and return envies are ready to be mailed back to you.

Once you received your returns, I encourage you to leave You Rock/rep points for the artists whose ATCs you received (and iTrader for your swap hostess is also appreciated:-)). To make it easier to leave rep points I will link all names in the participants list to their sign-up post, so all you gotte do is find the right person in the participants list, click their name and off you go!

So... Who would like to play??

Feel free to chat in this thread (please do!) or to share images of work-in-progresses or finished ATCs. Also, if you have any questions, please just ask!

PARTICIPANTS
0. me
1. JAD, USA
Kretakim, USA -withdrawn
ferretgirl, USA -withdrawn
2. LorisArtsyObsession, USA
3. SunTrade, USA

Last edited:
Bumpetybump.. I know we're all still in the mood for Christmas first but isn't anyone alsolooking forward to the new year?? :)

Lovely cards Lori, I especially like the one with the monkey and the one with the miniature playing cards! I've just responded to your PM with my address as well.

Oops, I'm being a terribly quiet hostess for this swap, so sorry!! I hope that 2014 is treating you well so far! How are you all coming along with your cards for the swap? :)

Lori, yours haven't arrived just yet but I'm sure they're enjoying their international travel! Will let you know as soon as they hit my mailbox.

Meanwhile, there's still room for others to join *hinthint* :D

craftyvox, I am very sorry but I am going to have to withdraw from this swap. :cry: I am not feeling well and I am not being able to get the artwork done that I want to. I hope I can do one of your swaps another time.

LorisArtsyObsession - your cards haven't arrived in my mailbox just yet but I'm sure they shall soon, seeing they've been on their way for quite a while already! Will let you know when they do:)

I'm sorry all, that I've not been as active in this thread as I'd like to be.. Struggling with health issues and having so much on my plate right now there's not much time to be online sorry :(

Hello all :) Just a quick message from your host with a reminder that it's now little over 3 weeks till the deadline of this swap.

Man it's been so quiet here... I hope you all are doing well. For me 2014 has nót been off to a happy start but I sure do hope it's better for y'all. I promise to be a bteter host next swap :(

Back
Top Bottom