PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Hype for the Jan 31-Feb2 ATART athon

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Vicki Z
01-17-2014, 02:30 PM
I think we need a poll
Which one (or more) is your fave?

1) Lumberjacks (the cute ones -- NOT the Monty Python ones)
2) Firefighters (the calendar ones)
3) Chippendales (the young ones)
4) Cabana Boys

Cathy1
01-17-2014, 02:39 PM
You are all such fun. I have had a terrible week at work and reading through this thread this morning with my (first) cup of coffee for the day I feel ready for the world again LOL.

Mariloupatch - like Jonquil I would love to have your journal papes- how about jumping over to my Whimsical swaps and joining in, That way Jonquil and I just may get a sample of your lovely work.:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

marilou
01-17-2014, 02:53 PM
Hi Cathy, I have checked out your whimsical swaps. The size does not correspond with my other journal pages, and......as from January 2014, I have stopped collecting collage cards. You just have to wait for the athon if you want one of my cards :cute:

BekaH
01-17-2014, 03:06 PM
Vicki, that card is too cute and funny! Love it!

Awesome awesome art Marilou! Of course you know.... Owls eat mice... Run mouseit! :p

And isn't it funny how late nights and coffee always seem to bring out the artists in us?

velcrodog
01-17-2014, 03:22 PM
Wow! I spend a couple of days in deep thought, prayer and meditation. Contemplating if I want to get myself to a Nunnery.... and look what I come back too, Sex, Alcohol, and????

Theresagram
01-17-2014, 03:32 PM
Sex, alcohol and ???? :err: Ok, now I have to go back and read thru this entire thread.....

Miss M
01-17-2014, 03:41 PM
I know V:dog:! And here we are planning clean, wholesome, PG-13 athon, suitable for the whole family! I don't know where they get all these ideas?! A very rowdy bunch they are! Boozers, and boob-aholics, and obsessed with men in uniform!

Wait a minute, this all started with Duchess Marilou's chippendales...

SpottedCrow
01-17-2014, 03:42 PM
I think we need a poll
4) Cabana Boys

oh so many choices!!:err: well as long as they can mix a good drink, keep their mouths shut and look pretty while we make ATC's it is all good :)

velcrodog
01-17-2014, 04:20 PM
I think maybe we should add to the list....
4) Cabana Boys
5) Hot Men in Military Uniforms
6) ??

Vicki Z
01-17-2014, 04:33 PM
You are all such fun. I have had a terrible week at work and reading through this thread this morning with my (first) cup of coffee for the day I feel ready for the world again LOL.

Mariloupatch - like Jonquil I would love to have your journal papes- how about jumping over to my Whimsical swaps and joining in, That way Jonquil and I just may get a sample of your lovely work.:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

I am so sorry you have had a terrible week at work, Cathy..
I didn't mean to skip over your post.....
But very glad our shy, demure, quips and quotes are easing your way back into the world again.
What are crazy friends for?

We do try to gently be fun and uplifting.:wubclub:

BekaH
01-17-2014, 04:33 PM
Sex, alochol... and COFFEE! Ok, I'm on a coffee kick... I'm an addict, what can I say? LOL!

But everyone keeps forgetting COFFEE! It's like, fuel for artists! It's a staple!

Personally, call me weird, but I'm seriously more fond of Cooperdog than any of the other five! LOL! I don't think I really have a specific type of man... Unless you consider vampires, which are beautiful but sadly not real.

BekaH
01-17-2014, 04:34 PM
BTW... Do let us know if you decide to join a Nunnery V :dog: , because if you do, then we have some serious rescuing to do! Like.. "Where are you and what have you done with our :dog: ?" LOL

BekaH
01-17-2014, 04:35 PM
BTW, I have a serious question (If we can all take a break from hysterics for a moment)... I don't want to bother any of the admins here if I can get an answer elsewhere first... I can't really find the specific question in the FAQ that mentions this, but are we allowed to link to our e-bay stores in our signatures?

Kimmie
01-17-2014, 05:32 PM
If I remember correctly from many years past, high school English/Drama class studying Shakespeare taught us that the "get thee to a nunnery" line meant.....

YOU SO BAD...GO WORK IN A WHOREHOUSE!!!!

Of course, I could be wrong here.... LOL!!!!!

Kimmie
01-17-2014, 05:33 PM
tee hee..... love ya, V-:dog:

prayer_at_night
01-17-2014, 05:43 PM
I thought so too, Kim! :biglaugh: My English advanced course made a comedy out of Hamlet (yes, we really did that ;) ), and I still see the actors' faces during that line. *giggles*
But then, that performance was my absolute school highlight, it was the funniest thing we ever did, so I remember everyone's faces. ;)

Kimmie
01-17-2014, 05:59 PM
I'd take coffee over a man ANYDAY.

BekaH
01-17-2014, 06:03 PM
lol dehh, Coffee hour for me is all day! I'm surprised, seriously that it doesn't just keep me up ALLLLL night... Well, wait... I'm always up until like 3 am regardless! Haha

FlyingPhoenix
01-17-2014, 06:16 PM
...I'm in the minority then. Caffiene is the equivalant to whiskey in my system, and I swore it off nearly 15 years ago. Chocolate on the other hand is another story ENTIRELY! :P

BekaH
01-17-2014, 06:18 PM
FlyingPhoenix, you do know that chocolate is caffeinated, right? ;) (Giving you a hard time!)

FlyingPhoenix
01-17-2014, 06:22 PM
YES! But not nearly as much. I don't act drunk while mowing down a candy bar!

...though that would probably be hilarious! XD

Kimmie
01-17-2014, 06:31 PM
YES! But not nearly as much. I don't act drunk while mowing down a candy bar!

...though that would probably be hilarious! XD

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! been there.....done that!

Mouseit
01-17-2014, 07:04 PM
Vampiress-Rose well I got me a sore ankle at present so I will have to rely on the mounties to save me....lol

Mouseit
01-17-2014, 07:16 PM
Ok as a non coffee drinker, it gives me headaches, and a chocoholic, who can no longer eat that as my old body turned diabetic on me, i just love to walk past places and SMELL both smells.....lol

poll: excuse me why do we have to have only ONE hot man Day? Heehee
Cant we have hot man Week? Asks the virginal novice mouse......

Mouseit
01-17-2014, 07:21 PM
Cathy1 my friend, I am sorry your week has been bad, glad can make it better for you with all our outrageousness.......Although some of these girls are beyond help...lol

velcrodoggie if you ever go to a nunnery it will have to be one that allows dancing nakkid under the full moon, now is there such a Place?

Miss M
01-17-2014, 08:23 PM
Cant we have hot man Week? Asks the virginal novice mouse......

Ok, keep in mind Mousie here is in Brisbane, Australia where there temps are like 30C (86F): http://www.weatherzone.com.au/qld/brisbane/brisbane
She's probably surrounded by hot Australian men, probably half naked due to the heat...and is she sharing any pictures with us?

Donnacr
01-17-2014, 10:19 PM
I have been told by my children that Melbourne is a lot worse at the moment with most of the week being in the mid-40's C (44C = 111F). My middle daughter LOVES this weather (she considers that Summer hasn't started until there has been a run of 40+ days :no:) I think that she is insane - she would fit right in here except she is my UNcrafty daughter :sad:

Miss M
01-17-2014, 10:33 PM
What? you have an UNcrafty daughter??? How did that happen? :biglaugh: Hmmm, maybe I need to go to Melbourne, I'd definitely prefer +40 to -10!

artchick501
01-17-2014, 10:40 PM
In my family, the craftiness skipped a generation.....I wish I could create with my Grandmother right now. :0)

prayer_at_night
01-17-2014, 10:52 PM
My craftiness comes out of nowhere - the only other person in my family who can do anything arty is my grandfather, but since he my grandma's second husband and not my father's genetic father, I wouldn't know how that could have ended up with my art obsession... unless it's just contagious! ;)

And yes, we want pictures of hot half-naked men, please! :wubclub:
(I'll totally draw the boobs to accompany them. :biglaugh: )

Cathy1
01-17-2014, 11:10 PM
Donna - I heard that Adelaide is going to be 44-45 degrees. We are sweltering in 25 so they must be roasting. Also there are fires breaking out around Melbourne etc. Fingers crossed for some cooler weather.

Donnacr
01-17-2014, 11:29 PM
Melbourne is actually so bad that there have been deaths from the heat. It is early for our bushfire season but they have already started - a wonderful growing Winter followed by a very dry, hot Summer. NOT a good combination!! :nah:

BekaH
01-17-2014, 11:43 PM
Aye... I can't keep up :(

Miss M
01-18-2014, 12:35 AM
Oh no! can we pray for rain for you Aussies?

Mouseit
01-18-2014, 02:12 AM
It was raining in Tasse this morning, my hubby said.

oh and Maria hmmmm I can get you pics of fat flabby men half nakkid if you want...lol

marilou
01-18-2014, 04:42 AM
none of those pics please Mousie....I did not have breakfast yet!!!
Anyone wants rain.....please have ours. Its raining almost all year, too warm 7 to 9C
for this time of the year. Daffodils are popping up...unbelievable.
Well have my coffee first and then think of what to do. Not raining for the moment but now I can not go out as my son will beep me up to skype yeeh I will see my granddaughters. Till later...

Mouseit
01-18-2014, 06:09 AM
Ok no -no pictures....heehee that would be bad specially before breakfast and no coffee.....

FlyingPhoenix
01-18-2014, 08:10 AM
I JUST started looking for pictures of Cabana boys this morning, and found some wearing KILTS! *heart leaps out of chest* Nothing sexier than a man in a KILT (In MY Humble Opinion).

[Joke] Q: You all know what "Regimental" means, right? In terms of what they wear underneath?

A: Their boots and the Queen's Lipstick.

:biglaugh:

marilou
01-18-2014, 08:13 AM
Phoenix....you're naughty!!! I saw it in reel, no underpants, but they just lifted the back of their quilts, not the front. So we are in for.....boobs again :>)

FlyingPhoenix
01-18-2014, 08:19 AM
I got (front) flashed on accident while at Border War by my House's leader a few years back.

Was interesting to see how they actually did all of those pletes, because he did it the traditional way. However....my husband has a Kilt.....WHOLE 'nother story! :P

Ah, yes...Boobs. :jiggy:

marilou
01-18-2014, 08:53 AM
...have been thinking about the athon, see of there is anything I can prepare.
Jonquil, I love the postcard you have send me, and I know it is collage, but....want some more of those :biglaugh:
Cathy, Jonquil, what if I make some mixed media postcards? Try to make one soon, post it, then tell me what you think about postcards instead of ATC's or Chunky's????

Mouseit
01-18-2014, 09:50 AM
Omg I turn my back for one evening and look what happens.....from boobs to balls...Omg you made me say it, ..
All I can hear is my Grandmother's words, Mousie you are a lady, keep yourself nice......lol
then i got mixed up with this lot.....Omg Omg OMG

Going back to being a lady and being nice.....

On another note, i went to lollipop land today where the faeries, elves and elves live,it's near the north Pole and it's where they make alyhe lollipops for all the kids around the world.

my gawd you should have seen what two very creative ladies have done. I plan to get on my daughter's laptop tomorrow to put some photos up to show how creative these ladies are.

AND THEY EVEN HAVE SUGAR MOUSIES....OH THEY WERE FABULOUS, now if only I could be as creative, have a little church at home what would, make the perfect place for it.

Miss M
01-18-2014, 10:12 AM
OMG! I go to bed and you've gone from boobs to....men in kilts!...which isn't really I complaint a suppose! :biglaugh:

Mouseit's coated in sugar playing with fairies and elves, Twin-kies daydreaming of.... and get a load of Duchess Marilou, wheeling and dealing already!

FlyingPhoenix
01-18-2014, 10:17 AM
HEY! Nothin' wrong with dreaming of Men in Kilts! :biglaugh: I'm lucky enough that the huzbee has the legs for it (and doesn't mind goin' regimental at home)!

I had thought about posting a link to my smut...but I think it's hot enough in here, and we don't want to stain our pure white mousie. ;)

marilou
01-18-2014, 10:46 AM
I can not have too much coffee, but LOVE wine instead.
This is a postcard made on a printed background, coloured with acrylics and copics draw the glass and flag,collaged the grapes. Front and back. I found my "postcard" stamp!

137864 137865

FlyingPhoenix
01-18-2014, 10:54 AM
VERY cool, Marilou! I LOVE postcards because of the size (It helps that I have a ton of 4 x 6 frames that I can display them too)! I'm currently coloring one I sketched yesterday while at work, while waiting for paint to dry on a canvas I'm working on. ^^

marilou
01-18-2014, 10:57 AM
thanks Phoenix, take a glass, and ....bottoms up!

Vicki Z
01-18-2014, 11:06 AM
ok, ok, men in uniform and lumber jacks coming - I cannot make cards as fast as V:dog:

SpottedCrow
01-18-2014, 11:36 AM
ok, ok, men in uniform and lumber jacks coming - I cannot make cards as fast as V:dog:

We are making cards already ? Im confused?? I NEED more coffee!

marilou
01-18-2014, 11:39 AM
No Spotted crow, we are not allowed to make cards yet. Mine is not for the athon but will be put in my gallery. I just tried my first postcard and wanted to share it.
But, what you can do is, prepare the background, cut out stuff you want to use. I am making a list of what kind of "art" I will make and collect stuff for that.

Vicki Z
01-18-2014, 11:42 AM
You are not confused, SpottedCrow.
No cards for the Athon can be made except during the Athon.

I just had to get these HOT cards out of my hands.:biglaugh:

Miss M
01-18-2014, 12:32 PM
Wow! Look at all this great art work, and everybody getting ready for the athon! Hmmm, it's too early for me for wine, but maybe later. And Cooper, as usual is getting around!

FlyingPhoenix
01-18-2014, 12:44 PM
I've been dry since before Halloween (Good thing too as I found out a few weeks later that I'm expecting my firstborn :jiggy: ) So I'll have to pass (despite the red wine sitting in the fridge - though I'm more of a drambuie kind of woman). Gotta have Virgins until the little one comes in Late July. ;)

HA! Love it Vicki! But as Maria has said, Cooper's getting around! :biglaugh:

Finished my canvas, and waiting on a watercolor/Prismacolor marker postcard (First Time I tried that combo). Thinking of tackling another canvas...possibly with the theme of "Yuki Onna" which is in Japanese Folklore. I'm taking the 50 Canvas challenge at Wonderstrange, and I'm a week behind. @.@

artchick501
01-18-2014, 01:09 PM
Well, I have never ventured into postcards, but you guys are inspiring me. I think I'll try a few before the athon to see if I like making them. And you guys can tell me if I'm on track.....if you would:nah:

FlyingPhoenix
01-18-2014, 01:15 PM
Artchick501, They are a LOT of fun! I'm challenging myself to do 100 in the next year - started a couple of days ago. I'm working on my 3rd (Trying to figure a background) at the moment while waiting for paint to dry on my 2nd canvas.

And hey, if you get addicted, feel free to check out Drop Me A Line Postcard Swap (http://atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27980)

(...I know, shameless plug...) :wubclub:

velcrodog
01-18-2014, 01:58 PM
I just had to read 3 pages to catch up... OMG. I must be getting old and worn down.... or is it that the dh (not dear) is home all this week, this weekend and Monday. on vacation....deep sigh...:sad: Only 3 more days......

ooh! I just finished a prototype for an ATC that I am planning on trading during the aThon! It is different than any ATC I've seen here. I think y'all will like it. I sent the prototype to Her Mighty and Exalted Highness, Emperess, Lord, Goddess of Dune, MariaP the First, the Greatest, the Only, and the Hotsy-Totsy!

:dog:

FlyingPhoenix
01-18-2014, 02:54 PM
My mother is the crafty one in the family, and all of us enjoy sewing. I just am not as good as her. However, my sister Lisa and I both draw, and have a ball doing so.

2nd Canvas almost done....I think I'm going to add the Kanji and call it good.

The Huzbee enjoys seeing me happy (arting), though he enjoys my more "Abstract" style. I may have to sneak downstairs before he gets home and finish the one I started in August for him. He was tickled when I surprised him with it as I was doing more "From Life" at the time, and did an abstract of the fountain downtown. :3

I'll have to track down my camera and get my scanner up so I can do some showing.

SpottedCrow
01-18-2014, 02:55 PM
Not sure I can prepare for Athon..It is all a mood/muse thing for me...
Then again I do have a fresh can of shaving cream and bare watercolor paper :biglaugh:

velcrodog
01-18-2014, 03:29 PM
OMG!!!!! Today I got 2 envies from Maria (and a bunch of others, but I have to tell you this stat!!) She has been sending the same gold tone envies with a big label with my name and addy printed on it.... All the same, all alike, all the same same, return addy label, etc. She has been sending me an envie everyday, just cuz she is sweet and I have been having a bad time... but...

It was opened by the Department of Homeland Security!!!!! US Customs and Border Patrol!!!!!! Is Maria a terrorist??? Is she sending me drugs??? What was in that envie!!! They cut the side of the envie open and then taped it shut with their green special tape that has their name on it and says opened by US Customs & Border Patrol Department of Homeland Security WITH the SEAL of the Department of Homeland Security!!!!

And inside was another little envie with a SINGLE ATC that reads "You know it is a good day, when I didn't have to unleash the flying monkeys!"

WE ARE NOW SAFE FROM THE MARIA THREAT!!!!!!!!

FlyingPhoenix
01-18-2014, 03:32 PM
ROFL! Oh WOW!

I can just imagine Border Patrol Opening THAT! XD

BekaH
01-18-2014, 03:59 PM
OMG! They are sooo ridiculous! (DHS) ... I've at times wondered whether my mail has been opened intentionally, as it arrives to me and my outgoing envies are always slit just perfectly on the sides... Of course none of the green tape stuff. Agh... Big brother is watching! Sorry, I'm a bit of a conspiracy theorist... And things here in America are just getting out of hand. Enough with my rant though.. We could have it worse, I suppose.

Anyways, FlyingPhoenix, big congrats on having your first baby! (Well, being pregnant with the baby, for now, lol!)... Mine will be 3 in February, boy they grow quick!

FlyingPhoenix
01-18-2014, 04:02 PM
Thanks VRose! Huzbee and I are really excited!

Pics of the past few days of art coming....

jonquil
01-18-2014, 04:14 PM
I am definitely up for some postcards - that is a delicious one marilou - a glass of red is always a good idea (at the right time of day!!!)

artchick501
01-18-2014, 04:42 PM
V-Rose, I have gotten a ton of mail just like that....always suspected that somewhere down the line someone was looking for gift cards, etc. :P

Miss M
01-18-2014, 05:12 PM
From here on in, I'm only sending everyone gold envies! :biglaugh: OMG! I wonder what they thought when they opened that!

Yeah, FlyingPhoenix we like to see art!

SpottedCrow
01-18-2014, 05:33 PM
Velcrodog YOU HAVE to some how make a ATC with the homeland Security sticker!!

What a hoot!!. Yes sometimes I get envies with just the slit on the side..figured somebody was hoping for $$ lol

velcrodog
01-18-2014, 05:35 PM
Do you think the ATC isn't made already with the homeland tape!
Havent finished it but I have the lime green tape on a blue/white atc blank... Got to find a homeland security man...

FlyingPhoenix
01-18-2014, 05:38 PM
Here are the two complete postcards:
http://th09.deviantart.net/fs70/150/i/2014/018/1/c/side_pocket_by_flyingphoenixfire-d72p6ht.jpg http://th03.deviantart.net/fs71/150/i/2014/018/8/5/just_us_by_flyingphoenixfire-d72p6ij.jpg

And the Two Canvases:
http://th04.deviantart.net/fs70/150/f/2014/018/3/1/steam_junk_by_flyingphoenixfire-d72p9pf.jpg (10 x 10) http://th04.deviantart.net/fs70/150/i/2014/018/6/6/yuki_onna_by_flyingphoenixfire-d72p9hp.jpg (11 x 14)

SpottedCrow
01-18-2014, 05:44 PM
Very nice work FlyingPheonix!

mcgillisj
01-18-2014, 06:14 PM
Congrats FlyingPhoenix on your upcoming baby and WONDERFUL cards!!

velcrodog
01-18-2014, 06:15 PM
don't worry, I will post a pic by tomorrow, when it is completed & ready to be mailed to Maria! Yes, Maria, you deserve it, for all the wonderful RAKs you've given me this month!

Miss M
01-18-2014, 06:30 PM
Wow! great art FlyingPhoenix! I especially like the 1st canvas!

Oh dear...hmmm, good thing I'm not planning on traveling anywhere to the US real soon! Can't to see what homeland security tape looks like!

Mouseit
01-18-2014, 06:38 PM
Well a lot of fun happening in here...
Phoenix congrats on having a baby in July,
Maria, I agree with debs from now on you need to put a note thanking homeland security.
Velcrodoggie glad you have been having so much fun with your incoming mail.

Very nice art being shown in here, very nice indeed.

Kimmie
01-18-2014, 08:23 PM
Hey a question here..... :policeman: in the last -athon there sure were a LOT of pictures used of Cooper....just where did everyone get head shots of him???? Maybe some of us other ar-tisteses would like to dress Cooper up this time around?? Poor Cooper...lol!!!

Kimmie
01-18-2014, 08:31 PM
Ummmm....maybe.....just maybe, SOMEONE could take some new head shots of Cooper so WE can play, too? Maybe some of us don't have a doggie? Maybe I need to quit whining and just ask for Cooper pictures??? LOL! (yes, I need to sleep)

BekaH
01-18-2014, 09:03 PM
Decals_gal, V :dog: sent me a few images of cooper... Not sure yet what I might do with them, but I'm assuming if you just ask her for some, or you could just print out your own? I think mainly it was V :dog: profile pic that people used.

Yes, I would say it is probably half of my envelopes that end up opened like that... I think that the Post Office probably starts to wonder why some of us get so many envelopes! Maybe that's why they investigate... Think we have some kind of illegal cash scam going on, or they're just nosy... LOL

Great art, Phoenix! Thanks for sharing! <3

Mouseit
01-18-2014, 09:17 PM
Or they want to steal the best ones...lol

Cooper photos can be printed by doing a google wennerdoggie search in images, just make sure they are not copyrighted.

Miss M
01-18-2014, 09:18 PM
Actually, I went to check out the DHS website. They are allowed to open any envelope entering the US that comes from a foreign country. They screen for a whole bunch of different things. As long as the contents arrive safe and sound, I'm not going to worry about it! LOL

BekaH
01-18-2014, 10:48 PM
LOL! As long as they don't put you on the "watch" list Maria! :P

Miss M
01-18-2014, 10:56 PM
That's it, I'm not going to Florida EVER! :biglaugh:

velcrodog
01-18-2014, 11:20 PM
Now wait a minute.... I want you to come visit Maria! With me sleeping in the guest room right now we can even share a bed!

I was just looking at Ian's baby pictures with his girlfriend (Ian's 24).... I am sooo jealous of you gals being preggers and having babies, toddlers etc. I miss my baby!!!!! I loved being preggers, I loved my babies.... and they are 24 and 16 now!!!

Deep sigh!!!

And now Homeland Security knows my address thanks to Maria......:err:

Miss M
01-18-2014, 11:23 PM
Okay, V:dog:, I like ya, but I draw the line at sleeping with you! I'm not that kinda girl!!!!

velcrodog
01-18-2014, 11:54 PM
Then what about that love note that was in the envie that homeland security opened? That wasn't from you????

Miss M
01-19-2014, 12:13 AM
um...no. I didn't write a love note. (You aren't really my type...you have boobs!) LOL somebody in Homeland Security has a crush on V:dog:!!!

mcgillisj
01-19-2014, 12:44 AM
OK velcrodog *ahem*... that love letter was from ME. Sorry to have pegged it on Maria ;)

CastleQueen5
01-19-2014, 12:53 AM
Ok chimming in. I thought PUTA meant whore?

And I have a friend who has a daughter named Malo. Which means Bad. I used to have a dog named Bueno.

CastleQueen5
01-19-2014, 12:58 AM
Firefighters are overrated (I spend every workday with them). Until I got to know them as a group I thought....MMMMMmmm! But up close and personal...well, not so much. Although their bunker gear sure does help! lol I totally admire and respect what they do, but your average firefighter is NOT the calendar firefighter. Gimme one of those ANY day of the week :spinny:

Well all our firefighters here is Phoenix, are hot! and I dont mean that is is 115 in the shade. These men are in good shape.

FlyingPhoenix
01-19-2014, 01:50 AM
Thanks for all of the kind words and congrats everyone! :wubclub: Baby "L" (Luke/Lilly) will be the huzbee and I's first born, and I'm bordering on my second trimester (one more week to go!).

Mouseit
01-19-2014, 06:03 AM
Velcrodoggie and Maria sitting on a bed k i s s i n g, lo lolol lolol

Who's talking about whores??

Oh and mariloupatch I saw a 1/2 nakkid man today.....no photo....but he did wave as we drove by....lol

marilou
01-19-2014, 06:13 AM
...ohhh proves you're still HOT Mousie!

marilou
01-19-2014, 06:20 AM
Phoenix I am so happy for you, take good care of yourself and the baby!
Wonderful canvases, love them all.
Who is whining about children growing up and not having baby's? Wait for a couple of yours and you will have grandchildren. They may post them on your doorstep whenever they want a day off, when it suits you or not! Or they move out of the country, like my poor little girls. Less than 4 weeks and I will be able to hug them!
Can't remember who said it, but: your children are not YOURS, you just have to bring them up and let go.
Working on postcards for Phoenix's swap today.

Mouseit
01-19-2014, 06:53 AM
You are so right mariloupatch.... I am still hot and it's not just the weather.....heehee

marilou
01-19-2014, 07:02 AM
..what a pity hee..it only comes in flushes !

marilou
01-19-2014, 07:07 AM
you can check the postcards here.
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1518590#post1518590

velcrodog
01-19-2014, 10:59 AM
Thanks for all of the kind words and congrats everyone! :wubclub: Baby "L" (Luke/Lilly) will be the huzbee and I's first born, and I'm bordering on my second trimester (one more week to go!).

Baby L, I like that!:wubclub:

being the horrible mother that I am .... I believe that childhood trauma builds character... I called Ian (at that point in time in my pregnancy) Cletus, the Fetus....

See, I've always been warped....

rothko
01-19-2014, 11:04 AM
no kids here, no thank you. i'm 42 and i figure if i'm not crazy for a baby now, i never will be.

i really wanna participate -- i'm throwing a big party on the 2nd, though, so i might be kinda busy with other stuff. we'll see.

(it's not a Super Bowl party, it's a Superb Owl party. hah!)

FlyingPhoenix
01-19-2014, 11:11 AM
HAHAHA V-:dog: Before "Baby L" we had Bean or belly-bean. I'm more of a the world is a cruel, uncaring world. Get used to it. Kind of gal. I don't believe in sheltering kids forever about the harshness that is in life. Then again, this is my pre-motherhood speaking. :biglaugh:

Totally understand Roghko. Hope you can join our merry band of asylum escapees chasing down hot men! (I mean that in the most Loving way possible!)

rothko
01-19-2014, 11:14 AM
well, i could join a band of asylum escapees, but i'm done chasing hot men! :biglaugh:

Vicki Z
01-19-2014, 11:35 AM
You want a "HOOT" - check out THESE BOOBIES

http://jokideo.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Crazy-grannys.jpg

Kimmie
01-19-2014, 12:20 PM
Oh wow! That's a little frightening! Lol. Too bad they didn't paint themselves as owls...hoot hoot.

OMG.....LOL.....yep, a little frightening, to say the least!

As I get older, and gravity IS doing its damage, I realize that I could never work at "HOOTERS" (restaurant/s here). Now, if they would open up a chain called "UDDERS" I might qualify. Holy cow (pun intended),!!!!

FlyingPhoenix
01-19-2014, 12:28 PM
:biglaugh: oh dear....

I FINALLY finished a postcard that was stubborn as all get out. Couldn't think of a background, then couldn't find my fine-point sharpie....GAH! I think I'm gonna do some acrylic work just to change it up a bit...or take a nap. Didn't sleep well last night at all. Might curl up on the futon in the studio and doze for a bit...don't know yet.

mcgillisj
01-19-2014, 12:40 PM
You want a "HOOT" - check out THESE BOOBIES

http://jokideo.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Crazy-grannys.jpg
My eyes!! My eyes!! AAck!!!!

BekaH
01-19-2014, 05:44 PM
CastleQueen, Puta can be whore or B**** or even F***.... I guess it just depends a lot on the dialect and area you are in...

BekaH
01-19-2014, 05:50 PM
Now to share one of my "terrible mother" moments...

Was giving my almost 3 yr old (February 3rd is her bday) a bath last night, and she has a bath baby doll that she was playing with... Well, she is often easily scared... Freaks out if we turn on something with scary music, terrified of Dr. Who (because of a scene with an alien)... This all just to give you guys a hint of how easy to scare she is...

Well, I thought NOTHING of this... And I told her "Your baby doll has water in it.. We need to dry it out", and I just POPPED the doll's head off... OH MY GAWD.... She had a COW! I mean, covering her eyes, trembling, crying like someone was trying to beat her.... I had to holler at my husband and get him to go in there with her.... I had to leave the room for about twenty minutes and hide the baby doll... I called my mom and was like "Oh I"m such a terrible mother, she's afraid of me now... She thinks I'm going to pop HER head off.."...

Actually, it was the doll she was afraid of... I'm glad she wasn't afraid of me, but it would have made more sense...

Thankfully, she is back to normal today, no trauma, no ptsd, she is playing with the baby doll and for an hour this morning she was so happy she went around saying, and even SINGING, "My baby is back together. She is perfect now."

Just HAD to share that... Really, I wasn't trying to scar her... Do I sound terrible?

Mouseit
01-20-2014, 12:18 AM
Well nothing much happening today....I guess it's lay back Sunday in most places....lol

velcrodog
01-20-2014, 01:50 AM
Baby Doll Killer! Shame on you VRose!!!!

When I was less than 4 years old my parents loved to listen to Harry Belafonte. He sang a song titled Judy Drowned... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDhOavI5CKY
I thought Judy's Last name was Drowned so I named my dolly Judy Drowned, and I always called her by her full name....

Once again, proof that I was warped from a very young age....

Miss you guys.... yesterday we cleaned out the garage, today I had to get ready for a class I have to teach tomorrow, greeting cards... I forgot all about it! So I spent all day getting the cards thought up made samples and kits... So behind!

Y'all are still crazy I see.....

Mouseit
01-20-2014, 02:41 AM
Oohhh vd have fun with class, since I have started going to classes I really enjoy it....but I've been doing off the page stuff with my friend Linda....cos it's so much better doing it with a friend.

Vicki Z
01-20-2014, 10:48 AM
A study just out says coffee increases brain power, so perhaps you should drink some coffee to help you make a decision about drinking coffee.

Do you like Modge Podge or Gesso better?
I have trouble with Modge Podge drying completely.
What is your experience?

Linda4atc
01-20-2014, 12:27 PM
I don't know if any of you are interested but I just opened an Impromptu Learn-a-thon. Hope to see you there.

Miss M
01-20-2014, 01:35 PM
Dehh68, http://atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28103. It's very informal and just a place to practice/learn new technique as a self-study, and you can share your results. If you have more questions, Linda will probably catch them sooner if you post in that thread! :)

As for Mod Podge, tried it. Made a mess everywhere, paper wrinkled, and yes matte mod podge mysteriously dried with a slightly shiny finish! LOL Wasn't thrilled with the results because you could detect my brush strokes and I couldn't figure out how to get it to dry smooth.

I switch to PPA (perfect paper adhesive) for collage, and the matte actually gives you a matte finish. It behaves like gel medium, in that it isn't particularly tacky and you have some time re-position things. And it's appears to be self-leveling. It's just soap and water cleanup until dry. I've only used Golden Heavy Gel Medium as a glue in mixed media, so I can't tell you how it works as a sealant. I don't think sealant is the purpose of a gel medium, so I wouldn't have even thought to use it that way. LOL

BekaH
01-20-2014, 08:03 PM
Ohhhh everyone stop the MOD Podge hate! .... I use the stuff ALL the time, as I love it, and am obsessed! I never have any issues with it! I have now used both the Matte and the Sparkle.

Tip for how to stop from seeing your brush strokes in it - Don't use a brush. Use a sponge instead. The downside of this is it tends to soak some up and you have to "squeegie" the sponge to get the excess out so you don't waste it... Or alternatively, what I've found works well, if you really care that much about the brush strokes (I don't mind) and yes this is messy but works... Brush it on first, then spread it around with your fingers.

Also, don't attempt to use the sparkle as an adhesive, it is good for nothing when it comes to that. The matte is awesome, super strong hold. I also don't really understand WHY it's called Matte, it doesn't have a Matte finish, but I still love it.

Just experiment with the different kinds... Find one you like, there are so many... And I still need to try the rest.

I also don't ever have a problem with it drying... Maybe it's something to do with the area you live in? I've heard sometimes humidity can affect things like that.

V :dog: THAT is hilarious!

BekaH
01-20-2014, 08:05 PM
Oh, and CERTAIN papers, it does cause to bunch up... The trick to eliminating this, is to use the Mod Podge as the adhesive AND the sealant. If you use a glue stick to apply, then seal it with Mod Podge, the bunching and wrinkling seems to occur more. Also, it's a pretty simple fix, just push it back down with your finger :) Don't be afraid to get messy! That's half the fun! ;)

BekaH
01-20-2014, 08:07 PM
Just noticed what was said about it smearing ink. It does and it will, on things like markers and stamp ink... Sharpies I don't have an issue with. The reason it smears is because it's water based. So, not recommended for use on sealing watercolor paintings either. :)

BekaH
01-20-2014, 08:08 PM
Side note about coffee: I also read that it helps fight heart disease ;)

Miss M
01-20-2014, 08:21 PM
Okay, so I got two envies in the mail today, both wrapped in plastic baggies (one from the US ad one from the Canadian postal service,....form-bag profuse apologies for damaging my important-to-me mail!), looking as thought they had been chewed through by demented mutant mice!
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=396478

V:dog:ggie, who the heck taught you how to mail stuff???!!!!!

Mouseit
01-20-2014, 08:21 PM
Hmm here's my take on mod podge, I use it a lot, I find that if I use my finger for applying it then i don't get brush strokes. Vicki if you are getting a tacky result you are probably using it to thick, try thinning it a bit.
Who ever said about stamped images running , yep that happens with any ink other than stazon ink, i am also careful with color fast paints and if you spray it with a spray sealant first that helps.
As to gesso i am only trying to get into that and gave had some interesting results, but i do love the way it can be used to build the project up.
So I am interested in others experiences with it and helpful hints.

Mouseit
01-20-2014, 08:27 PM
Ohhhhhhand Vampiress yep all your hints spot on.... and i am a podge lover too.
I forgot about the humidity reason for tacky but I see you remembered. Good on You!

Cathy1
01-20-2014, 08:55 PM
You can make your own Mod Podge with 2/3rds of white glue (the stuff you buy for school projects) and 1/3rd water. Shake or mix it up - this works really well. I always use a sponge to put it on. I think it is not so thick as the real stuff and that is why it goes on better.

BekaH
01-20-2014, 09:28 PM
Yes, like I said I've never had any issues with it being tacky, so I wouldn't know for sure about the humidity, but that's what I've heard! :)

And when all else fails, use your fingers!

Ermm.... :no: ... That MAY have sounded a bit wrong! HAHA!

BekaH
01-20-2014, 09:29 PM
Does anyone know if there is a way to delete all of your cards at once so you can start over with your album? Basically, I just want to delete ALL of my traded cards, so I'll have more room for available ones and the only way I've known to do it so far is individually, which is a little time consuming... LOL

Miss M
01-20-2014, 09:43 PM
V-Rose, yup, there is!
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25405&highlight=delete

BekaH
01-20-2014, 09:49 PM
Thanks Maria!

Cathy1
01-20-2014, 10:38 PM
Does anyone know if there is a way to delete all of your cards at once so you can start over with your album? Basically, I just want to delete ALL of my traded cards, so I'll have more room for available ones and the only way I've known to do it so far is individually, which is a little time consuming... LOL
Send a PM to Carole - she will do it for your with a 'flick of a switch' (or something similar). I had the same query when my gallery filled up and Carol deleted them for me.

jonquil
01-21-2014, 01:08 AM
just some advanced warning - I am intending on making snarkie postcards for this athon - so if there is a particular favourite saying you have that you would maybe like in postcard form let me know!!!!!

CastleQueen5
01-21-2014, 02:24 AM
Hey Lately we have been saying around here. WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BE LIKE THAT?

Then of course this is a standard thing I hear from my 14 year old almost every day. So mom tiana comes up to me today and said why you talking sh*t about me? The next day it will be someone else's name. Why does this happen daily? Cause my daughter is always Talking sh*T about other girls.

So a saying we like is A lot less Drama and little more Queen. So if you like any of those snarky sayings for your cards, those are the words in my life lately.

marilou
01-21-2014, 04:25 AM
Hi Jonquil, love your cards, but what means the word "snarkie"? It is not even in the American Heritage Dictionary!!!!

Mouseit
01-21-2014, 04:47 AM
Marilou a snarkie is a meaningful sarcastic remark.....I think it's a new word.....check out Jonquils traded album for her snarkie cards.

Mouseit
01-21-2014, 04:49 AM
[QUOTE=vampiress_rose;1519404)

And when all else fails, use your fingers!

Ermm.... :no: ... That MAY have sounded a bit wrong! HAHA![/QUOTE]

Omg there they go again......using your fingers indeed.....

mousie YOU are a lady - keep yourself nice

Mouseit
01-21-2014, 05:00 AM
You can make your own Mod Podge with 2/3rds of white glue (the stuff you buy for school projects) and 1/3rd water. Shake or mix it up - this works really well. I always use a sponge to put it on. I think it is not so thick as the real stuff and that is why it goes on better.

Cathy we call it PVA glue here and I always thin mine down, learnt that in a book repair course a lot of years ago....

marilou
01-21-2014, 06:06 AM
Thanks Mousie. I think I prefer not to be snarkie, ladies don't. right Mousie?

Mouseit
01-21-2014, 06:17 AM
Heehee well ladies try..... lol and you are welcome....

marilou
01-21-2014, 07:19 AM
OMG just found the perfect item for an ATC...F-.Phoenix will have first choice.
Only to think about how to use it :biglaugh:

FlyingPhoenix
01-21-2014, 08:22 AM
...what, What?? Now you've got me curious, Marilou!

marilou
01-21-2014, 08:32 AM
....still 10 days to go! Is this snarkie????

Miss M
01-21-2014, 10:24 AM
No Marilou, that isn't snarkie. You're just being a tease! LOL

velcrodog
01-21-2014, 11:02 AM
Good Morning Ladies! And I use that term loosely, because you seem like you are a bunch of loose Ladies or ladies that shouldn't be let loose!

Miss M
01-21-2014, 11:13 AM
Twin-kie, you're evil for sharing! Now I want one! :biglaugh:

sharlene54
01-21-2014, 03:01 PM
Well, I just caught up. A really good laugh. You are all a little crazy, but good crazy. Well, maybe.

BekaH
01-21-2014, 04:27 PM
Oh, they make some delicious candy that's chocolate caramels with sea salt... Sounds yuck at first but the combination of both sweet and salty is amazing!

BekaH
01-21-2014, 05:41 PM
Well, I just have to say... V :dog: You are going to have to start taping the HECK out of your envies... First Maria's, now mine... In a US envie and it has been damaged. :(

I think the post office just doesn't like you, V, what did you do to tick them off? LOL

Miss M
01-21-2014, 06:28 PM
Hmmmm, V-Rose, maybe it wasn't me Homeland Security was targeting...

BekaH
01-21-2014, 06:54 PM
I was thinking the same thing, Maria! :P LOL!

V :dog: ... Something you're not telling us? ;)

Mouseit
01-21-2014, 07:51 PM
Omg the homeland is after the Dog!! Maybe Cooper left his paw prints some where, or stuck his nose where it shouldn't have been......

I hope you girls are keeping your tape to make interesting cards with...lol

MORNING ALL.... HOPE YOU ALL HAVE AN AWESOME DAY.....

Someone told me I was awesome today and it made my Day! Thank you you know who you Are!

CastleQueen5
01-21-2014, 08:44 PM
Snarky means sarcastic or bitchy but kinda in a less mean fowl language way. Fun, but not too mean.

CastleQueen5
01-21-2014, 08:46 PM
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/snarky

snark·y
ˈsnärkē/
adjective
informal
adjective: snarky; comparative adjective: snarkier; superlative adjective: snarkiest

(of a person, words, or a mood) sharply critical; cutting; snide.

Mouseit
01-22-2014, 01:47 AM
Well I for one like Jonquil snarkies...lol she is one talented lady and she always has interesting backgrounds too.

looked at my " post " rate and it tells me it's 3.5 per day.....what does that mean that I aren't as good as 4??? LLOLL:biglaugh:

BekaH
01-22-2014, 04:54 PM
Otherwise Mousie, you ARE beyond words! :wubclub:

Mouseit
01-22-2014, 08:01 PM
I'd like to know something about journalling does one buy a journal and do the pages in a book with the pages already like a book, or does one do journal pages and put them together to form a book, seems I would like to have a go at one of these journals for my own sake..lol

Mouseit
01-22-2014, 08:03 PM
I forgot to say for debs, that i am working on nothing much being away from home, I am making a series of mouse activity cards of my trip away...but it's for my sake and not for trade...just so i am arting of some Sort!

Mouseit
01-22-2014, 09:56 PM
Otherwise Mousie, you ARE beyond words! :wubclub:

Ar so that's the problem..heehee

Mouseit
01-22-2014, 09:59 PM
Debs would love to check out your gesso and watercolor pages just to see what they are like.

Mouseit
01-22-2014, 10:00 PM
The one for me will be with instructions of jow i did the pages and the techniques.

velcrodog
01-22-2014, 10:50 PM
Hello Ladies.... I am tired and have been working all day and I can't wait to quit with the housework and have an excuse to do nothing but arting.... please let the athon come soon!!!!!!

Mouseit
01-22-2014, 10:55 PM
Lol poor doggie, you should get it in the right order....ART THEN HOUSEWORK...heehee

BekaH
01-23-2014, 01:04 AM
Well, I'm always "Art-ing" it seems, V :dog:, but I trade here AND on facebook, so I list my cards on two different sites... But when it is time for the a-thon, I will be making cards specifically for only AFA :)

As to what I've been working on, Today I finished five custom hand drawn cards :) I'm sure the ladies I owed these to will finally be happy to get them, LOL! I'll share later!

BekaH
01-23-2014, 01:04 AM
BTW mousie, for my sanity's sake, I'd probably have to have a journal already put together... I'd never be able to figure it out otherwise, tehe. :P

Mouseit
01-23-2014, 01:54 AM
Well that I can understand vampiress, I was just thinking flat pages would work better than trying to make thicker pages in a spined book that might not allow for it...

Phoenix you might try doing the washing if you put it on then art so you are doing it in rounds..lol

BekaH
01-23-2014, 03:07 AM
Finished five hand drawn cards today and six collage cards. My creative juices were flowing! LOL... Unfortunately, you gals have to wait til tomorrow to see em. It's too late to take pictures here tonight. The only thing left calling me now is the sofa and a sitcom, then the bed! GOOD NIGHT~

BekaH
01-23-2014, 03:18 AM
Ok, Ok... I know I said I was going to bed but before I do... I just have to share with you all, because I'm super proud of myself!

I just started listing a few of my cards on E-bay last week, and one of them has been bid on! This is the first time, anyone besides family has paid MONEY for my art! It is just such a happy feeling <3 To know my art is THAT good!

And I also owe a Thank you to everyone I've ever traded with because without you I never would have had the support and inspiration to want to list my art to begin with <3 Love you guys!

marilou
01-23-2014, 04:26 AM
Congrats Rose :wubclub:

Miss M
01-23-2014, 09:13 AM
Woo hoo vampiress_rose! :jiggy: That's awesome!

Miss M
01-23-2014, 01:22 PM
Dehh68, she's getting ready for the athon! See if she does it now, then she doesn't have to do it then!

BekaH
01-23-2014, 04:18 PM
lol! true that, get all your housework done now v!

and thank you all for the congrats, it really encourages me to want to keep creating awesome art :)

Miss M
01-23-2014, 09:26 PM
Exactly! Ladies DO YOUR HOUSEWORK NOW! Don't do it during the athon! :biglaugh:

Miss M
01-23-2014, 09:34 PM
More mangled envies received today! :biglaugh:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=396850

Jewels
01-23-2014, 10:54 PM
Checking in to see what's up.

Mouseit
01-23-2014, 11:38 PM
Nothing happening yet jewels....lol we are all waiting for something to happen today..yyyeeeeaaahhhhh

Miss M
01-23-2014, 11:42 PM
what's gonna happen today?

Jewels
01-23-2014, 11:57 PM
Nothing much happening here in Michigan. It's freaking cold though. -15 degrees below 0 with the wind chill factor. Good day to stay indoors and Art.

Mouseit
01-24-2014, 12:37 AM
Oohhh wish it was as cold here its in the 90's and so hot I have perspiration running down my face. So I'll swap...lol

Still waiting for something to happen.....it is my baby daughters 30th birthday today.....

BekaH
01-24-2014, 01:21 AM
Maria, I'm almost beginning to wonder if V :dog: is actually sending the envelopes that way... To make it look like a :dog: was chewing on them! You know, her signature mark ;)

LOL, just teasing V! Where the heck are you anyways lady? We are missing you!

Mouseit, wish your daughter a Happy Birthday for me! My hubby just hit the 30 this past year in November.

Mouseit
01-24-2014, 01:34 AM
Will do vampires, she thinks it's great when she gets messages from my friends around the world...

Jewels
01-24-2014, 02:19 AM
Happy B-Day to your daughter, Ruth. and many happy returns.

As for the weather, if we could just exchange by half maybe we'd both be more comfortable, eh?

Donnacr
01-24-2014, 03:05 AM
Happy birthday to your daughter Ruth - my eldest daughter turns 30 at the end of May this year.

I have just realised that I must be acclimatising to the weather in Indonesia as I am sitting here in trackie dacks with a cardigan on and when I checked the weather report it is currently 28C (82F). In Australia I used to complain it was too hot if it got above 25 and now I am sitting here freezing at 28C?!?!? It is threatening to rain so there is a semi-constant rumble of thunder - my favourite sort of weather.

I can't wait for the Athon! Can we have some clues as to how we do it all backwards so that backgrounds can be prepared?

velcrodog
01-24-2014, 03:15 AM
Just read the thread from where I left off.

Glad everyone is doing well. I have been getting housework, the never ending laundry and cooking done the last few days. I had three crock pots going at once. and froze about five meals for the family... I won't even have to cook during the athon. But I did take time out this evening to make a few ATCs for a live swap that I am going to. I was inspired and did over 20 ATCs and five greeting cards tonight. I needed that. But I am doing a great job of organizing my craft supplies. I will have everything within reach and in order for the athon. No hunting and not finding for me.

Glad to see everyone is arting well. and that v rose is adding to the family income with her art... great job girl, way to go...

going to sleep as it is late... take care, y'all....

Mouseit
01-24-2014, 06:37 AM
VD you make me jealous that you have all your art things within reach and organized, meals prepared and all. You go Girl!!

Wow Donna, trackies hey, and i am here trying to take things off at 25.....lol

Mouseit
01-24-2014, 06:40 AM
Rebekah said thank you to all who wished her a happy birthday.

Miss M
01-24-2014, 08:30 AM
Well Mousie, why didn't you say anything sooner! LOL Happy Belated Birthday to Rebekah!

And you know V-rose, you could be right. Cus half eaten envelope does seem to go with the "Dead Cat Inside" theme! Must be part of V-:dog:'s evil plan! :biglaugh:

What?! Donnacr I can't be giving hints away! That might spoil all the fun! LOL (Psst, you can always check the calendar and see what major even are going on that weekend...)

marilou
01-24-2014, 09:11 AM
OK you guys, left your for a couple of days and already got into trouble, with the postoffice for pete's sake!!! We need them ladies, be gentle please.

Happyl ate birthday to Rebekah. It's a feast all year round till the next special days comes on :>)))

MariaP, I agree with Donna (the poor girl is freezing at 28C) we need something to go on. Lift a little tip of the veil please. Please....(on my knees)
This pre-hype started far to early WE CAN NOT WAIT ANYMOOOOOORE!!!!!

Back from the dentist, hopefully last call, as I have my teeth, be aware I can bite trough envelopes now :biglaugh:
Better clean up a bit and then make some backgrounds. Whatever the theme, I will
make them fit, you are teasing us for too long now Maria.

Miss M
01-24-2014, 11:43 AM
Ladies, ladies, you have very strange calendars! :err: You're obviously missing an important celebration happening next friday. Plus, isn't it obvious that Feb 2 is groundhog day? What does a groundhog foretell? Tsk, tsk, where has all your creativity gone?

Plus it's an ATART! You can do whatever art you like! So don't be going around blaming me, I certainly didn't kidnap anybody's muse! :biglaugh: (although I'm up to my eyeballs trying to get my swaps done BEFORE the athon :arghh:, so I could've actually used the helping hand! )

Y'all just have to wait like everyone else for the official thread next week. See what happens when ya'll work yourselves up into frenzies? Pace yourselves! Do some housework! Do some gardening! Go to the spa! Milk some goats! There's an Impromptu Learn-a-thon going on right now, go learn something new so you can razzle-dazzle us in the athon! :biglaugh: That oughta keep you distracted a few more days!

FlyingPhoenix
01-24-2014, 11:44 AM
...I'll forth that notion.

Happy Late Bithday to Rebekah!

I've been lurking, mostly due to being tired and my stomach decided to play catch-up for the past 3 months. Ugh. It's been a rough week. No art OR writing to speak of...the muses and my weekly infusion both were non existant which doesn't help.

I HAVE to get my PAT's done this weekend, so I can be guilt-free for the athon!

Miss M
01-24-2014, 11:46 AM
Great example you are setting there Twin-kie! Get your PAT done now (i.e. keep yourself busy and distracted!) so you are free for the athon next week! :jiggy:
Hope your tummy feels better soon!

marilou
01-24-2014, 12:00 PM
...my cleaning lady comes in next Friday!
...have been gardening although it is only 4C (less than 40F!) and when it is raining,
do you still want me to work in the garden :cry: what did I do wrong???
...I have participated in the learn-athon, and still will.
...I just baked a tin full of yummy cookies, and will prepare evening dinner...Italian OssoBucco the Tuscan way. No...you'r not invited :nah::nah:

Phoenix dear, get well soon!

marilou
01-24-2014, 12:39 PM
oh dear, get well soon Phoenix177

Miss M
01-24-2014, 01:01 PM
What? I'm not invited to dinner?! Well no more hints for you! :biglaugh:

You can art you cleaning lady? and we don't want you to catch cold before the athon, so pleas emake sure you are properly and warmly dressed. ;)

Twin-kie, get lot's of rest and don't forget to drink your fluids. Some hot water with a lemon slice...we want you in good shape for the athon!

And Twin-kies you really don't have to co-ordinate not feeling well. You don't get any extra points for that!

BekaH
01-24-2014, 02:23 PM
Ok, first of all.. You ladies are making me hungry! Truffles, yummy cookies! STOP! Unless you plan to mail me some :P LOL :yes:

Secondly, Marilou.... NOW we know what is going on with V's envelopes - You're intercepting them and chewing on them... Not cool! :no:

Thirdly, Ruth, Please do NOT refer to V :dog: as VD... It makes me think of venereal disease... Not something I want to associate! :no: LOL :P

And finally... Mouse, I just realized as much as we have been chatting I didn't know your name! LOL... And let me say how cool it is that your daughter's name is Rebekah, because that's my name too, and how I spell it. And that your name is Ruth... My Nana's name was Betty Ruth and now my daughter's name is Liahna Ruth. Small world!

<3

BekaH
01-24-2014, 02:30 PM
Friday Jan 31, 2014... All I see otherwise that is going on is the Chinese New Year starts the Year of the Horse... could that be it Maria?

FlyingPhoenix
01-24-2014, 02:41 PM
Aww, come on, Maria. No extra points for sick twin-kies? It might make us feel better.... ;)

...but remember, We're Phoenix. We'll come back in a blaze of glory!

It's also hard to think Spring when there's blowing snow and wind chills around -20 F. No gardening for me!

Miss M
01-24-2014, 03:14 PM
what? Twin-kies want credit for being sick? That's backwards! :biglaugh: I see, that's good, already getting into the spirit of things! Well, well, well, if you want extras, start co-ordinated planning! If you impress the hostesses, maybe we'll give you matches to play with! LOL

Miss M
01-24-2014, 04:12 PM
Dehh68, I've only every had one other envelope badly mangled, but that was b/c the card inside had raised embellishments. I think it's because these envies are loaded at their max weight limit. Now I understand why some of the hostesses absolutely tape the living daylights out of their envies!

Or I go with V-roses theory, that Duchess Marilou is testing her new teeth! :biglaugh:

and Twin-kie if you are moving to Tahiti, you are DEFINITELY inviting us to dinner!!!!

mayaquilt
01-24-2014, 05:21 PM
Look what I found...
I just had to buy them :biglaugh:

Miss M
01-24-2014, 06:00 PM
Maya those are adorable! Mouseit is gonna be jealous! :confused:

Della
01-24-2014, 06:04 PM
Hi future a-thon'ers!!
Weighing in on the Crock pot issue................WHAT A LIFESAVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Makes REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEALLY CHEAP meat into fab eats!! Pork spare ribs (the ones that are almost all meat and 2 bucks n change a pound) and some chicken broth and spices and 4 hrs on simmer and we have CARNITAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelish! :D
PS~willing to share the recipe if anyone is interested! I know it is another universes worth of off topic!! :embarrassed::embarrassed:

Della
01-24-2014, 06:07 PM
Mayaquilt, those mousies n chez are A DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORABLE!!!! So is the little kitty face that is posing with you in your pic!!! :)

BekaH
01-24-2014, 06:20 PM
Mousie is goin to loveeee those Maya!

Mouseit
01-24-2014, 06:32 PM
Must be the smartest mouse around because I got all Marias hints.
girls girls girls groundhogs in Canada predict the weather, so backgrounds could be snow, spring, summer, winter, or autumn. I know she has also said, we are entering an athon, meaning we can do our favorite backgrounds and do what we do best.

or vampiress I will finally stop calling vdoggie vs, I was only doing it to see how long it was til someone said something AND it was shorthand for me,
Now Mayaquilt, I have some of those, not much gets past this mouse, and it will be interesting to see what you do with them.

who's moving to Tahiti cos I wanna book my holiday.......

it's interesting to hear you all talking about the cold weather, when I am suffering with too much hot weather as Brisbane where I am is one of the more hottest places in Australia and I miss my cold island of Tasmania at the bottom.

vampiress yes I am Ruth and my daughter Rebekah, loved the more uncommon spelling of it. And yes it's a small world, 6 degrees of separation and all that...lol

okay Maria you can relax now and stop giving hints, I can't believe that you gave 2 pages of hints and no one caught on.....bet your really good at puzzles Too!

Twinkies you both get better it won't be good if you are sick during the athon, we can't have that now can we.

morning vdoggie.......hope you are nearly all house worked out and ready to go.....

and if you find any mistakes in this post IT WAS THE TABLET NOT ME.....lol I have never seen a machine that likes to put in its own words More! Maybe it's trying to tell me something...ooh oohhh

Miss M
01-24-2014, 07:45 PM
Wow Mousie! Who knew you could type that much! :err::chatterbox:

And Della, free free to share all the crock pot recipes you want! Did you sign up for Cathy1's recipe swap???? ;)

And where is that V:dog:? Even I haven't seen her all day! Hmmm, maybe I should make "find the V:dog:" part of the athon challenges!!!! :biglaugh: Question is what do we do with her when we do find her???

BekaH
01-24-2014, 11:08 PM
I know... I thought mice were quiet and sneaky ;)

velcrodog
01-25-2014, 02:34 AM
Here I am!!!!! Did y'all miss me? I ran away from home! A good friend of mine was off work today soooo, we went shopping. Remember how my dryer broke during the last athon? I was too down to leave the house and be bothered researching or getting a new one.... so today when Sue and I were on our way to Michael's & Joann's (big box craft stores) with our 40 & 50% off coupons.... I said first stop is Home Depot and I got an Admiral (whirlpool) Washer & Dryer (with my military discount) for less than $600 for the pair. I have 2 boys (16 & 24) who are living at home and the younger is a "Powder Room Princess" and will change freakin' outfits 4 times a day, the older goes to the gym every chance he gets, he dead lifts. AND a DH (not dear, dumb) who is a germaphobe...I do a load of white towels daily for him, and usually another load too. So, needless to say I do a lot of laundry. I go thru washers like crazy and it doesn't make a difference if the are the $1300 front loaders or the $299 cheapos. They don't last. So I told my DH, who wanted to spend $2600 for a pair, that I would buy them.

I mean, seriously, which would you rather have? A $2600 Washer and Dryer set.....or.....
.....a $600 washer and dryer set and $2000 to spend on art supplies???? that's a no-brainer in my book!!!!

One problem.... won't be in until Feb 1st.... was NOT going to let them come during the athon.... I will get them on the 4th... still hanging clothes out to dry....

I am boring y'all.... so..

I have pictures to go on my atc... wonderful vintage picture of some naked men with the most gorgeous butts I have ever seen... wait till you see them.... yum!

velcrodog
01-25-2014, 02:38 AM
Oh, you want hints about what we are going to be doing? I have to take a day off as I am going arting at some very different places.... I used to be a full fledged, card carrying member of the National Sunbathing Association, but then they changed their name and I just stopped going there. And you KNOW what Pasco county Florida has more of per capita than any other county in the United States.....

BekaH
01-25-2014, 03:00 AM
OH my you crack me up :dog: ! LOL

As for me, it's 2 am... And what do I want to do??? PAINT! Okay, one picture... That's all... i just have an image in my brain.. LOL And I'm not going to be happy until it's done, even if i'm sleepy!

P.S. V :dog:... tell the DH (not dear) to do his own damn laundry! Because you're not his maid! :P

Mouseit
01-25-2014, 03:29 AM
Oh vampiress you really are feisty.... lol

omg....$2000 for craft supplies is a dream.....

Maria, whatcha mean I was talking to much huh Huh??
am I not allowed to talk in my quiet way in some quite in the corner of the Room??

Sits quietly again refusing to speak any more....huh....

Mouseit
01-25-2014, 03:35 AM
Oh alright seeing you are begging me.... I will keep talking...hee hee after all who will you listen too if I don't carry on...

marilou
01-25-2014, 06:13 AM
$2000 on art supplies :cry: I wish!
Just got a mail my son is going to Orlando for a conference, maybe I can ask him if I could carry his backpack? Guess what :arghh: he does not like that.
Well, getting bored waiting for the athon, don't know what to get started with, and so many ideas in the learn-athon as well.....sigh.

FlyingPhoenix
01-25-2014, 08:56 AM
I was able to sketch out a couple of postcards yesterday (more for my personal 100 challenge). Hoping to finish those up in the next couple of days.

I have to get to the bottom of a mystery though...several bill payments haven't made it to their destination or something as we're getting calls despite them being sent 1+ weeks ago. Huzbee and I are going to check that out this morning...hoping I can get SOME art done before that though. We're also going to do some "projects" around the house, and I'm hoping to do laundry as well.

I have a canvas to do, and all of the PAT cards in that mix somewhere. *sigh* I think I'm not going to sign up for PAT's for a little while....I don't have fun creating the cards anymore. :-/

Aside from my lament, it's still blustry and cold in Michigan, and my stomach seems to be doing better. Thank you everyone for the well wishes! <3

marilou
01-25-2014, 08:59 AM
Hi Heather, glad you feel better now.
Ough paid/unpaid bills, not a happy news, but you will find out what happened I am sure. I have been playing around with encaustic wax, what a mess. An ATC and a postcard are in my gallery. Maybe I try some more.

Miss M
01-25-2014, 09:15 AM
Marilou, Wild Waters looks really cool! So if it was a mess, it was at least a good mess! :D

Yeah, a Twin-kie is feeling better! And hope you get to the bottom of that mystery! Maybe is the same thing chewing my envies? This time it ate is completely?? I hope not!

Oh and Mousie, you can :chatterbox: away! You just usually don't leave such long posts! LOL

mcgillisj
01-25-2014, 09:22 AM
Marilou, the encaustic wax cards are wonderful!

Mouseit
01-25-2014, 09:24 AM
Okay Maria....heehee

Kimmie
01-25-2014, 09:40 AM
$2000.00 of craft/art supplies???..... OMG, I'd OVERDOSE and DFO'd! :err:

velcrodog
01-25-2014, 01:16 PM
Thank you! Priorities!!!

FlyingPhoenix
01-25-2014, 01:45 PM
Found out that both checks for the bills have been cashed, so that's a good thing!

So sick of the winter though...high heat and electic bills are absolutely killing the budget. Really not looking forward to the next 3 months. Ugh. Puxatony Phil is always wrong for Northern Michigan. >.<

Mouseit
01-25-2014, 06:27 PM
Oh not much chatter here today......well I am going to make snow globes with my granddaughters if I can find where et buy glycerine......

FlyingPhoenix
01-25-2014, 06:50 PM
It's really quiet...too quiet...

Kimmie
01-25-2014, 06:54 PM
....yep, calm before the storm, maybe? lol

rothko
01-25-2014, 07:11 PM
i'm going to be in the sleep lab all day on the 31st so maybe i'll take some supplies and work during the times i'm supposed to stay awake...

BekaH
01-25-2014, 07:31 PM
LOVE your encaustics Marilou, especially the Sailing ship! Very well done!
Wish I had some to play with, but I don't, so I admire them and collect, whenever someone wants to let me have some of their art. LOL. I am also that way with alcohol inks, they are absolutely gorgeous, but I can't afford them :(

Snow finally hit east TN today... Took my daughter out earlier to play in it, and she had a blast... Needless to say, with the snow later comes misery... Hubby and I got in a fight... So he's mad at me and in the other room and I'm in here sulking at the computer... And if it weren't for the damned snow the whole thing could have been avoided. You might think I'm joking, but i'm not.

Anyways, here is what I worked on last night from about 2:30 to 4 am...

It's a 4x4.

Cathy1
01-25-2014, 08:52 PM
Flying Phoenix - what is Puxatony Phil??

Mouseit
01-26-2014, 01:50 AM
Oh vampiress that's not good, snow time is cuddle time. Just don't go to bed mad at each other.

Rothko you having a sleep apnea Test? Been there done that....

and i see the trouble has arrived....hehe

velcrodog
01-26-2014, 02:20 AM
wow, it was quiet today.... I just posted and I haven't been on since last night, this morning, heck when ever it is...
Phil is the groundhog in the town in Pennsylvania who predicts the start of spring each winter. He comes out of his house and if he sees his shadow spring is coming, if he doesn't we get six more weeks of winter.... Personally I would be using flood lights on him.... I dont like cold..

Mouseit
01-26-2014, 04:38 AM
Does it ever get cold on Florida? I thought it was a hot State?

marilou
01-26-2014, 04:50 AM
v-rose, put your hubby in the snow, to cool down! I know one word to many.....
and men are always right...they think. I say: God knows everything, but you knows best.
Then silence for a couple of hours till he get hungry and I don't move :biglaugh:
Thanks for the lovely comments on my encaustics, I have a lot to learn and do not have the right iron, don't have a stylus, just some cheap wax blocks from a sale.
Sorting out my stamps today to get started, maybe I got some idea's...

FlyingPhoenix
01-26-2014, 08:54 AM
Flying Phoenix - what is Puxatony Phil??

V-:dog: explained it well. It's the name of the Groundhog who we base how much winter we have left....at this rate, I'm hoping to be rid of the snow by mid-May. (Hoping March or April...BUT...not going to hold my breath). ALWAYS wrong for Northern Michigan.
...I think Mother Nature and Old Man Winter should stop this feud they're having! Too sick and tired of sub-zero temperatures and battling frostbite.

After the run into town yesterday, huzbee and I had lunch and we were watching some Anime...I fell asleep, and we didn't get anything done other than watch the whole rest of the show. Gr. Hibernation at it's best I guess....

Going to check out what random supplies I have laying around for a 3D canvas challenge, as I didn't get around to it yesterday and take a shower. Hopefully by the time I get back from the farm, I'll still have some energy left to do some art.

SpottedCrow
01-26-2014, 12:41 PM
Everybody is nesting.. Maybe that is why it is so quiet??

lazy sunday here and friggin cold.. They say we will be above freezing today so that is a plus. and the sun is out..

Too many ppl making demands on my time..Today is ME day..I need to get some trades packaged,and maybe get some cards made as well :) peace and sunshine all..

V:dog: ?? 2,000 for supplies?? YOU ROCK!! have fun with it :)

Miss M
01-26-2014, 03:48 PM
Wow, it is eerily quiet! I guess you guys are following v:dog:'s example and getting everything done before the athon! :biglaugh:

And yes, I can definitely relate to unbalanced time!

Miss M
01-26-2014, 03:49 PM
And to answer your questions Dehh68, no I'm not going to the AFA 2014. I already have vacation booked and paid for that overlaps with those dates.

Kimmie
01-26-2014, 04:18 PM
I've been snippin', clippin', and organizing myself....just a bit, trying to see if I can do SOMETHING for the -athon coming soon!! My problem is that I am soooooo particular with my painting that I take forever to finish something. I've intentionally NOT joined any of the new, wonderful swaps that's been listed....I'd like to break from themes and just do some things that I like/love to do myself! That's my goal, anyway!

Mouseit
01-26-2014, 05:53 PM
Decals...ooohhhh another odc sufferer...lol just go with your art maybe try something different.

Dehh you have to have you time or you will go mental, I am on vacation now and believe me I am already planning my time when I get back...lol

oh huh and Good Morning everyone......another hot day here, no chance of frost bite.....hee hee

we had a go at making snow globes, was hit and miss and while they worked, we made our scenes to small in the globes. At least my granddaughters and I had fun, and as a
I brought some pre packed ones, at least they were a full success....

Mouseit
01-26-2014, 05:55 PM
4 days to go.....

marilou
01-26-2014, 05:57 PM
Good morning Mousie, and good nightt, off to bed, it is 11pm night all

BekaH
01-26-2014, 06:02 PM
Well, we are all good now... Even the best couples fight, right? As long as, like Mousie said, don't go to bed mad.

I have to get started on four custom drawings...

Then a-thon is coming up in just five days... And on February 1 I have an event going on in my facebook group called "Draw Together" where we are each drawing a specific thing every few days and then sharing with each other.

Sooo Gonna be a lot going on artwise...

And I have to wash dishes sometime too :(

This is what I finished last night, another painting for my E-bay shop. I really like this because I did something different and painted on a map -

Mouseit
01-26-2014, 06:06 PM
I'm in chat if anyone wants to come chat real time......yes its the chat word up there on the blue bar....will be there for the next hour.....

night Marilou!

Miss M
01-26-2014, 08:30 PM
V-Rose, it's not that you fight, it's how you fight. All couples have fights, just never fight dirty or go to bed mad ;) (think make-up sex!) And we hope you find some time to come out and play in the athon with us. Nice idea painting on a map!

oh-oh, Mouse's counting the days 'til she gets home! Must really be missing Mr C!

Hmmmm, if v:dog: is spending $2K on art supplies, I think maybe I should be broadcasting the athon "LIVE" from her house...

mcgillisj
01-26-2014, 09:06 PM
Oohh...a BACKWARDS a-thon, starring Cooper no less!! Will he be doing the moon walk??

Just Ducky
01-26-2014, 10:39 PM
dang... trying to read catch up here... and Ducks is so lost... there is gonna be a marathon coming ?? and soon ???
no stated general theme ?? so no pre-prep ?? ohhhh cool... just gonna get up January 31 and dig in...

been trying to keep my muse moving this past week ..posting some, but gee when I look out my window all I seeing is snow SNOW and snow... and all this white is looking boring..
I need green grass ,blue skies... and butterflies...

FlyingPhoenix
01-26-2014, 10:42 PM
Here's hoping my luck turns around with the backwards concept. Today was just...horrible. I'll just leave it at that.

Off to bed with me, had enough tribulation for one day. Have a good night, ladies!

FlyingPhoenix
01-26-2014, 10:44 PM
I hear ya, Ducky! I'm so done with the snow, and the bitter cold!

velcrodog
01-26-2014, 11:05 PM
Hey! I am still alive and, well, life as a slave to my boys and dh (not dear) is the same old same old. I am so tired of laundry!!!!! and hanging clothes on the line... and cooking and cleaning... I want to run away!!!!!!

Just Ducky
01-26-2014, 11:39 PM
HI... Cooper mom... cookin' cleanin' and laundry ??? dang lady next thing ya know you will be wearing an apron... oh... grandma.... right now I would love to hang clothes out on the line... can't find my clothes line.. well I can see it... but I sure can't get thro the deep snow to use it...
sure looking forward to our backward ? fun weekend coming up...

Mouseit
01-27-2014, 12:35 AM
Hi ya ducks, you been gone to long, good to have you back and snowed in....heehee I'd like to see a pic of your clothes line in all that snow....and out your Window....

4 days and yes I am counting cos I miss MrC very much and let me tell you 4 weeks without him is awful. Must be love.....lol

Will miss my girls though when I do go home.

Hope you all are having fun preparing for the athon......ya ink weather...lol

Mouseit
01-27-2014, 12:42 AM
Backwards???? I thought it was backwoods......lol with lumberjacks and mounties....

Mouseit
01-27-2014, 12:46 AM
Vdoggie i think you should call your (dh) not dear aw......ask me in pm what it means lol

Mouseit
01-27-2014, 12:47 AM
Night flyph......sleep well

BekaH
01-27-2014, 02:15 AM
Sorry I couldn't come in chat! I was busy drawing!

DUCKY, Glad you finally joined us!

And here is eye candy from me for the day... None are available, so sorry ladies, but maybe you'll get lucky and I'll do some hand drawn cards for the A-THON!

BekaH
01-27-2014, 02:15 AM
OH, and if V :dog: is spending $2k on craft supplies, I know she is gonna share :) LOL

marilou
01-27-2014, 04:25 AM
Hi everybody, good morning. Another cold day, and they promised us light snowfall, bha, I stay indoors. I can not image living is a place where there is snow for 4 - 5 months.

Hi Ducky, missed you, was afraid you were lost under the snow. Ducky digged you out didn't he/she quakquak glad you join us this weekend.

Mousie, I had a dream about a mouse-story last night. Hope I can remember next Friday.

Fl-Phoenix, MariaP and all of you, hang in there, only 4 days to go.
Love your cards V-Rose, would like to have one of your HD/HP cards, they are gorgeous.

Maybe making some greeting cards today, or work in my art journal.....

Mouseit
01-27-2014, 04:59 AM
Marilou morning lol Mousie story Hey? I always wanted to write mouse picture story books....maybe you will give me a hint...lol

Beautiful cards vampiress...

marilou
01-27-2014, 06:33 AM
...will have to wait till Friday or Saturday Ruth, patience my dear .

Miss M
01-27-2014, 08:51 AM
Good Morning Ladies! I woke up to more snow this morning, and it's still coming down! It's -14C outside.

Don't worry friday will come before you know it!

velcrodog
01-27-2014, 11:19 AM
Well, opened the 8ft sliding glass door & walked outside to the lanai (Florida screened in large room) and opened up the kitchen table we have out there to full size so I can work out there and in the living room today. I have the Castro convertible table opened up full size in the living room too. the sun is coming out from behind the clouds, it rained last night and it looks like it is going to be a good day. I need to get organized for this athon. I have too much stuff and I decided to put things I will need in bins and baskets all together so I an not searching high and low all over the house for it. With first, my mom here in Oct/Nov and having to stash my craft stuff that was all over the place in the guest bedroom. And then me moving into the guest room I have displaced so much of my craft stuff that I can't find anything. I need to be outside and get some sunshine today, help cheer me up.

Mousie tell me what aw stands for!!!!

I am not spending 2K on craft stuff (at least all at once!) but I have priorities, and if I spent $2600 on a w/d I would have 2k less to play with... see what I mean.