PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Hype for the Jan 31-Feb2 ATART athon

Pages : 1 2 [3]

BekaH
01-27-2014, 04:14 PM
Dehh, that greenhouse sounds amazing!!! Would LOVE to have something like that!!!

Thanks everyone for the compliments on my art :) I do a lot of collage but here lately have been focusing more on drawing... It gives such a sense of fulfillment to see your finished art and say, "Hey, I did that!" LOL.

28 degrees was cold enough for me, Maria, make sure that -14 crap stays up there! LOL, that's not something I want down here. I'm happy that all of the snow is mostly melted now, that we got from a couple of days ago. It snowed about an inch, but then the beautiful sun came out. I am ready for SPRING!!!!!!! So ... whatever happens with the A-THON, that ground hog better NOT see his shadow! Or I'm going HUNTING! :P (JK JK, I don't harm animals!)

Anyways, off to the library here in a bit... Gonna check out some new books to read to the kiddo (She has books but I get so tired of reading the same ones over and over)..

BTW, I am collecting cards for her, her birthday is February 3rd, but her party is the 8th... And I already have a few of my friends on Facebook making her atc's, because I'm going to present her with her own collection at her birthday party. I have made two for her... She LOVES looking at my cards with me, and she LOVES making art...

So if anyone would like to make her an atc as a RAK for her birthday, I know she would ABSOLUTELY LOVE it! If you're interested, you can message me for details :)

Hope everyone has a wonderful day! <3

marilou
01-27-2014, 06:12 PM
[quote=vampiress_

BTW, I am collecting cards for her, her birthday is February 3rd, but her party is the 8th... And I already have a few of my friends on Facebook making her atc's, because I'm going to present her with her own collection at her birthday party. I have made two for her... She LOVES looking at my cards with me, and she LOVES making art...

I will make her a card during the athon, hope it reaches you in time.

And I do have a greenhouse, in UK english = conservatory. What a posh word that is! I like it. This place is about 24 square metres and we love to have breakfast there in summer, with the doors open and facing the garden.

But for now, bedtime. Night everyone!

rothko
01-27-2014, 07:25 PM
Rothko you having a sleep apnea Test? Been there done that....

yeah, sorta -- i already have a CPAP and done the test for that, but they're thinking possible narcolepsy now so i have to do one of those where you nap several times throughout the day and are expected to stay awake in between. yeah right. :err:

Mouseit
01-27-2014, 09:24 PM
Rothko well I wish you all the best for the test then Will be thinking of you.

conservatory and green house - we call them glass houses here...lol I had one at my last house but only have a verandah and covered bbq area now at this house ....wonder if I could talk hubby into glassing it in.....

coming down to my last few days in the heat with my daughter, looked at the weather in Tasmania and today it's 8 degrees hotter there than here.
Hope my doggies are ok.

I see a few of you are getting organised and getting backgrounds done, I could only wish for my craft room, it's what I miss more than anything except my hubby. Lol.

Not many days to go now.... heehee

Miss M
01-27-2014, 10:03 PM
Official thread is now posted:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28149 (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1522318#post1522318)

Just Ducky
01-27-2014, 10:04 PM
all you LADIES talking about your warm' pretty' sunrooms... bummer.. haven't even seen the sun in over a week..
just a tad below '0' right now and snow up to my @#*... me and Ducks are so over this winter stuff...

Miss M
01-27-2014, 10:12 PM
I'm with ya Ducks!

Mouseit
01-27-2014, 10:27 PM
oohhhh great snowduck card lol cute.

oohhhh Official thread is up.......whhohhhoooo

FlyingPhoenix
01-27-2014, 10:41 PM
Right there with ya, Ducky. I had to be TOWED out of my driveway this morning! Ack!

jonquil
01-28-2014, 02:03 AM
love that card Ducky - it was quite warm here today - off to check out the official thread

Cathy1
01-28-2014, 02:35 AM
all you LADIES talking about your warm' pretty' sunrooms... bummer.. haven't even seen the sun in over a week..
just a tad below '0' right now and snow up to my @#*... me and Ducks are so over this winter stuff...
Awwwww how about you and the Duck coming to New Zealand for some sun and fun?????

Mouseit
01-28-2014, 06:07 AM
Yeah visit New Zealand 1st October 2014...lol

Miss M
01-28-2014, 11:23 AM
Dehh68 you'll just have to post one of your drawings so that we can rave over it! :)

I know with me I'll have a hesitancy to put something down on paper. Sometimes it's because it's too new to me, sometimes it's because I have to let it percolate. And part of it I'm finding I'm not necessarily liking art deadlines! :biglaugh:

BekaH
01-28-2014, 03:17 PM
Marilou and Dehh, Thanks! I will message you both! :)

Ducky, that card is ADORABLE!!!! Love it!

Dehh, don't be afraid to draw... There is a site I use a lot, that has AWESOME tutorials, for pretty much ANYTHING you could want to draw, and they even have tutorials for kids to make it easier if you're not so sure :P Check out http://www.dragoart.com/

It snowed here again today :( We already have about three inches, probably, and it's STILL coming down full force... Ugh! I'm ready for spring!

Official thread posted already? Aye! It doesn't start til the 31st though right? I'll check it out :)