PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Hype for the Jan 31-Feb2 ATART athon

Pages : [1] 2 3

Miss M
01-08-2014, 03:58 PM
Okay, as some are starting to figure out, myself and velcrodoggie are planning on hosting the "Backwards to Groundhog Day" ATART athon from Jan 31, 2014, to Feb 2, 2014!

Don't want to reveal too many details yet, but we want to have lot's of fun!

I've started this pre-hype for everyone and anyone to chatter on (plus you'll find out when the official thread gets posted)...and who knows....maybe you'll give us *ideas*! :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

velcrodog
01-08-2014, 04:14 PM
I get to be the first to post.... I'll just say....

I'm the first to post!!!

Amapola
01-08-2014, 04:22 PM
Sounds fun! I bet you have something in mind for the characters that have appeared during the last athon (lumberjacks, Cooper and what else)! Maybe you could have a challenge where we all could print Cooper' s face and do our versions of him? Or make up our own animal persons? I think that might be a lot of fun.

velcrodog
01-08-2014, 04:27 PM
Oh no! What am I in for this time!!!!! I will get my favorite photos of Cooper and let y'all have at it.... Give me time to get them together...Poor Cooper!!!

This is a card that I just did for a newbie, Kelly, aka Phoenix177, she's looking for trades as she just started... pm her and tell her I sent you, do a blind trade with anything you have leftover from the last athon.

Cathy1
01-08-2014, 04:48 PM
Bookmarking as I love athons and you girls certainly know how to have fun

Purple pencil
01-08-2014, 05:02 PM
I'm in! I need more loonies like me in my life!

prayer_at_night
01-08-2014, 05:17 PM
Yay! This is right before my Spanish exam, but I'll make sure to learn earlier so I have time to play with y'all! :)

Miss M
01-08-2014, 05:23 PM
Yes v-:dog:, you are #1!

Loonies? v-:dog:, Purple pencil is going to be throwing loonies at us!!! That's gonna hurt! What kind of friends are you making v-:dog:?!?! :err: She should at least be throwing lumberjacks! Straighten her out, will ya!

velcrodog
01-08-2014, 05:34 PM
uh, uh, yes ma'am, your Royalocity Empress MariaP:notworthy:

Straighten out Purple Pencil or No Spock for you!

prayer_at_night
01-08-2014, 05:39 PM
Oh no, no Spock is bad! :chatterbox:

velcrodog
01-08-2014, 05:40 PM
Prayer at night.... EASY, Use your Spanish notes for the ATCs! You can study and art at the same time.... And we will ALL talk to you in Spanish here...

Miriam!!!! ¿Dónde estás? Mi español es terrible. Necesito tu ayuda hablar español, por favor.

miriamacevedo
01-08-2014, 05:45 PM
aqui estoy muchachas!!!!

miriamacevedo
01-08-2014, 05:47 PM
be back in a while...i have to finish in the ofice with some of hubbies patients...ill be back...........

prayer_at_night
01-08-2014, 05:55 PM
Haha! This is actually a starter course, so I don't really know a lot of Spanish. ;)
But I need to memorize all the things the teacher thought we might need, like asking for stuff in the supermarket or, you know, all the easy starter stuff like telling people where I am from and what my job is and so on.
I am pretty good in the class, so I'm not worried - I'll just have to learn my words and grammar stuff. ;)

Miss M
01-08-2014, 05:57 PM
That's perfect prayer_at_night, you can make ATCs depicting supermarket "stuff", where you are from and your job, all in spanish! And you really will have to think of something in spanish for Cooper... :biglaugh:

JenUrebel
01-08-2014, 06:13 PM
I'll follow this to see where it leads. Backwards I hope.

prayer_at_night
01-08-2014, 06:14 PM
I'll do that! ;) Perhaps. :biglaugh:

KESagers
01-08-2014, 06:48 PM
Looking forward to finding out what a "backwards" marathon is. ;)

velcrodog
01-08-2014, 06:57 PM
Oh! so glad to see y'all here! I think this will be just too much fun!

And I will post Cooper pictures for y'all to...... desecrate! Sob!!:dog:

Miss M
01-08-2014, 08:27 PM
Don't worry Phoenix177, the official thread (available closer to the start date) will explain many things you need to know! For now, plan on making lot's of art and having fun that weekend!

smallgirl
01-08-2014, 08:53 PM
Well, this could be veeeery interesting, especially if lumberjacks are involved.

velcrodog
01-08-2014, 09:09 PM
Be afraid of Maria & Vicki... me, I am harmless....
Welcome aboard Phoenix!!!! Glad to see you found your way here!!!

Miss M
01-08-2014, 09:17 PM
All this misrepresentation....v-:dog: they will eventually figure it out, you know! :biglaugh:

velcrodog
01-09-2014, 12:10 AM
BTW, Maria just informed me that she is now officially a GRAND POOBAH, scoll over those little green dots under her mood on the right side of her posts and you will see! I am just Velcrodog a name known to all. Which kinda scares me....

but at any rate... I am making her something to commemorate this Wonnerful, Wonnerful occasion. Not sure what it is yet, an atc, an arch? Well, I am working on that, and a bunch of other things still... Slowly getting all my trades in the mail... Sorry it takes me so long, but you know I can't say no... So if you requested a card that was traded and I said I was going to make you another, you will be one of the last to be sent! Sorry! I am working as fast as I can......

Miss M
01-09-2014, 12:22 AM
oh-oh!

jonquil
01-09-2014, 12:47 AM
glad you have reached gran-poobah status - "i simply should stop getting rep at this point"!!!! don't believe them - i love the funny comment people leave

Kimmie
01-09-2014, 03:59 AM
Maybe....maybe....I'll actually be able to dedicate to participate in this one!! I hope!

I followed you guys through all 50+ pages on the last one and L'dMAO (I wish :err: )!!!

(poor Cooper! lol)

Amapola
01-09-2014, 05:35 AM
Speaking of the Spanish language, how many of you ladies have tried making Mexican Lotería (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loter%C3%ADa) cards, or think you might be interested? I was really excited about them a year or so ago, when I played in a swap with that theme. But lately I haven't gotten any new cards for my deck. There is also a MMH thread for them but it hasn't been active since before summer. Lotería might be a theme for one day, if you find it inspiring! It's a fun way to practice and learn at least some words in Spanish. Good luck for your exam, prayer_at_night and yes, do study in advance so you have time to play! I'll try to have free time as much as I can, too.

Donnacr
01-09-2014, 10:37 AM
It is now on my calendar and I am NOT travelling over that weekend - I want to play for the WHOLE Athon this time!!

velcrodog
01-09-2014, 10:37 AM
Okay, Now we have to rename the athon! Great angle Decals Gal & Phoenix177! It should be the

Backwards to Groundhogs Day AND Lose Your Excess Booty By ROTFLMAO in JUST 3, Yes THREE, Days- Diet / Dancing ATART/aThon!!!

Now, Decals Gal - we need a BIG photo of your booty, before and after... I will put them up on all the billboards on I-75 from the Soo in the U.P. of Michigan all the way thru Alligator Alley into Miami, Florida!!!! Great Advertisement!!! Do I need 1 or 2 bill boards for the before pictures:biglaugh:!!!

And Phoenix177, I have got you an advertising gig at a few clubs here in Tampa that have an amateur night (or are you a professional?) and you will be dancing- body painted with our new aThon name!!! I can't wait to see it!

Amapola, I think the Loteria idea is fun! I know, living in Tampa, I won't have any problems running down to a bodega and pick up a deck/set, but are these readily available anywhere? Are they the same size as APCs? Should we do a weird size card day and use Bridge cards, mini cards, tarot cards etc? Hmmmm you make me think....

YEAH!!!! Donnacr is playing too!

Vicki Z
01-09-2014, 10:51 AM
And Lotoria cards.
I can get them here, in cold and windy Minnesota, at El Burrito Mercado (The Little Burro Market).
All of the Lotoria cards they carry (and they have numerous sets) are NOT ATC size.
Lo siento mucho!!!!
But they do have awesome chorizo.
Si, Hablo Espanol, tambien.

How are you getting the accents on the Spanish words, velcrodog.
Mine won't do that....
Plus, my spell check program changed the spelling of "tambien" to "tampon"

Glad I caught that.....:biglaugh:

velcrodog
01-09-2014, 10:51 AM
SHHHHSH!!!
keep this quiet! make sure you make a Spanish card with something you would buy in a supermarket so we can help Prayer_at_Night with her Spanish exam

OMG!

SHHHHSH!

Whoops! Sorry! omg! I know what I am going to do! You always see these at the checkout stands, one of those "spontaneous purchases" they try to get you to do!

omg, I am not only talking to myself, I am having a secret conversation with myself...
:err:

velcrodog
01-09-2014, 10:56 AM
glad you caught tampoon too hee hee hee

oh no... Vicki is here and I am conversing with myself...

Jean
01-09-2014, 11:10 AM
Espero jugar con todos ustedes. Va a ser divertido!

Oy, I haven't used my spanish in more years than I can say. I had to look up 'fun.' I will be playing in English, needless to say...There used to be a group for Spanish language players. As I recall, they had to post translations of what they said in English so the mods could do their job.

velcrodog
01-09-2014, 12:11 PM
Oh! Jean! So glad you are here! Wait a minute.... you ganged up on me with Vicki and Maria, last time... and now you and Vicki speaking Spanish?.... Are you trying to recruit Miriam to gang up on me too???

DEEP sigh!:err:

But Vicki is right! I can be undepressed! Another Athon/ATART to look forward (or backward) too!!!

Miss M
01-09-2014, 12:53 PM
Okay, it's not sure about the "angelic" either! I think your previous posts would cause people to NOT believe that, no?

And yes v-:dog:the more the merrier! mwahahahahaha....

BekaH
01-09-2014, 01:03 PM
Oh my, I am here... I am already overwhelmed, there's so much to read! LOL! I hope I will have time to create art when this starts... My schedule is always a bit hectic :( But I'm here! LOL

velcrodog
01-09-2014, 01:41 PM
Got your trades out today Vampiress Rose! I added some extra for you! Enjoy...

Phoenix177- they won't be looking at the dancing! They will be reading the advertisement we painted on you! Don't worry! You will be fine!!!

And I AM Angelic!

velcrodog
01-09-2014, 04:41 PM
Vicki! How can you be so quick! I got your cards already!!!!!

Miss M
01-09-2014, 04:48 PM
Wow, you got cards from Vicki for an athon that hasn't even happened?! That's amazingly fast! WOW!:biglaugh:

velcrodog
01-09-2014, 05:01 PM
You are such a smart..............

(I give up!)

Miss M
01-09-2014, 05:03 PM
cookie? :D

Miss M
01-09-2014, 05:11 PM
You're Awesome Vicki!

(so just between you and me, how bad will we get V-:dog:? what does your crystal ball say about that?)

Vicki Z
01-09-2014, 05:13 PM
You're Awesome Vicki!

(so just between you and me, how bad will we get V-:dog:? what does your crystal ball say about that?)

My crystal ball just exploded.
I think that probably describes the (upcoming) situation.:biglaugh:

Kimmie
01-09-2014, 05:38 PM
glad you caught tampoon too hee hee hee

oh no... Vicki is here and I am conversing with myself...

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what the ?.....what is a TAMPOON???? :biglaugh:

You were speaking of the billboards for my booty?....well, just a thought...I could have sworn your "tampoon" word was HARPOON....so, just figure on TWO billboards for the whale booty, ok? Just to be on the safe side!!! :confused: :err:

prayer_at_night
01-09-2014, 05:57 PM
I love the Lotería cards idea, Salla! :D
What a fun way to practice my words. ;)
Also, we are making them in ATC size, right? :wubclub: Or is there another size for them?

Vicki Z
01-09-2014, 06:10 PM
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what the ?.....what is a TAMPOON???? :biglaugh:

You were speaking of the billboards for my booty?....well, just a thought...I could have sworn your "tampoon" word was HARPOON....so, just figure on TWO billboards for the whale booty, ok? Just to be on the safe side!!! :confused: :err:

Talk about "Playing Telephone":err:
I was speaking in Spanish, and stated that "I speak Spanish, too". (Hablo Espanol tambien).

My spell check program automatically changed "tambien" to "Tampon",
which velcro:dog: changed into "Tampoon",
which Decals_gal changed to "Harpoon"

Just goes to show, one has to keep up with this thread!!!!!!!:biglaugh:

velcrodog
01-09-2014, 06:22 PM
OMG! I think I am the only sane one here. Y'all are just crazy. I am soooo glad I am normal. All these ATCs going thru my mind.... pole dancing farm girls... hwy billboards with moby dick.... (leave it alone!)....What a Tampoon really is.....exploding crystal balls... (again, leave it alone!)...Maria in her Empress garb....Prayer at Night, Jean, Amapola & Miriam buying Loteria cards in a bodega together (and Miriam being the only one who knows whats going on)...poor vampiress rose being steamrolled over by a bunch of crazy women...smallgirl out in the woods, looking for lumberjacks and/or bears...Jonquil, Looking beautiful, sitting on a hillside with Coopers head in her lap (Can't get that out of my mind!!!)...KESagers & JenUrebel wandering around backwards...Decals gal running like crazy trying to run across country to find us & play...Donnacr & Dehh68 just sitting in a corner happily arting

Now mind you all this is going on in a huge room (don't ask me where the hillside, woods and hwy are... they are just THERE) like in American Horror Story Season 2 Insane Asylum and there, up on a safe cat-walk, on the other side of the bars....I see Purple pencil and Cathy1 dressed in old fashion nuns habits, keeping an eye on us (season 2 of American Horror Story style)

Did I miss anyone? And y'all wonder why my cards are so strange......

Vicki Z
01-09-2014, 06:27 PM
And y'all wonder why my cards are so strange......

I never wondered........:no::nah:err:

Miss M
01-09-2014, 06:55 PM
I never wondered either. :nah::wacko::no::P

mayaquilt
01-09-2014, 07:39 PM
Should we wonder? :goofy:

BekaH
01-09-2014, 08:13 PM
The only thing I wonder is how anyone can get any cards made when they have to try to keep up with this thread! And this is just the PRE thread! :arghh: :wacko:

Yes, I'm definitely worried... About my sanity! LOL

velcrodog
01-09-2014, 11:40 PM
EXACTLY!!! That must be why I pictured us all in an Insane Asylum!!! See how well you fit in here V-Rose. Oh, I like that! they call me V-Dog or V:dog: for short.... Now we have a V-Rose and a VelcroCat up there too! Hey Mayaquilt!!!! I love that picture!!!! Had so much fun with it..

VRose, who is that pretty girl and why are we hating people together? I'll hate 'em, but clue me in on why first!!!

BekaH
01-10-2014, 12:39 AM
omg! i am so sorry about that big picture! i logged in to check my valentines day swap and saw that on my signature... i don't know what happened!

at one second it said "2014" as my sig picture and then it was just poof! changed... no worries... i have my cute puppy dogs now :)

velcrodog
01-10-2014, 12:56 AM
gremlins.......:unsure:

BekaH
01-10-2014, 01:00 AM
i love that movie! lol :p

Amapola
01-10-2014, 01:57 AM
To prayer_at_night, velcro, Vicki and who else might wonder: The loteria cards I've made and traded here are normal ATCs, but the idea is that you put the card name and number there. Plus your interpretation of the theme. So they are not made using real loteria cards as background, though that would certainly be fun as well. I'd probably only get them from Amazon, and am not familiar with what sizes they are. That said, unusual sized cards is also always a fun theme for a day!

CastleQueen5
01-10-2014, 02:22 AM
My favorite spanish thing to say to my kids

Su madre es un gato!

CastleQueen5
01-10-2014, 02:27 AM
I was in one Loteria atc swap. I loved it. Prequntas? what is an ATHON? How do you join one? I hate to ask if there are any rules cause so far, I dont think there has been any rules. hahahhaha. This thread is like a willie wonka trip. Sweet, but nutty. mildly wacky and few orange short guys running around singing about the effects of bad parenting.

velcrodog
01-10-2014, 03:21 AM
Castle Queen 5- this is the explanation of ATART/athons that I gave to someone else...

Athons are simple

The thread is the "room" and you sit at your house and make art off and on all weekend, if you go out for dinner fine, you can make art later, NO commitments until you make a trade, then you have to trade of course. You go into the "room" and post pictures of your art you made just for you, and the art you make for trade... You chat and talk with the others, laugh and joke and have a hen club without having to leave your living room, we had a blast at the last one.

What you do is post everything you make DURING the athon on the thread and to the aThon gallery (not to atc available) And then if someone sees something of yours they like, they may look into your atcs available gallery too, and ask for it. So yes, you can trade a lot of your other stuff, you just can't post it in the athon gallery. We do all formats, anything that floats your boat.

You learn new things and try new types too. One of the gals this last athon, posted 4X6 inch Arches with male tasteful nudes on them.... OMG! We all learned how to make Arches sooooooooooooooo Quick it wasn't funny!!! Just so we could trade with her!! So you learn from each other too! I sent out rolo blanks this last time to gals who wanted to do some but didn't have any blanks! So you trade ideas, learn and make art.

I, unlike most of the women on this thread, am completely, perfectly NORMAL. But some of these people, uh, shall we say, are a bit "off." I am not worried about orange guys coming to get them, but I am worried about the guys in the clean, white coats coming to
take them away, HA HA
They're coming to take them away, HO HO HEE HEE HA HA
To the funny farm
Where life is beautiful all the time
And I'll be happy to see
Those nice, young men
In their clean, white coats
And they're coming to take me away, Ha-haaa!

To the happy home
With trees and flowers and chirping birds
And basket weavers who sit and smile
And twiddle their thumbs and toes

To the funny farm
Where life is beautiful all the time
And I'll be happy to see
Those nice, young men
In their clean, white coats

Mouseit
01-10-2014, 08:15 AM
Oh gawd now they have gone and done it....

Vicki Z
01-10-2014, 08:55 AM
Questions are never piddly.
This is how we learn. And learning from each other, on this site, is fast and easy, as well as crazy FUN.

Loteria cards are very simple. Draw or collage a picture of a THING (this would be a NOUN) and add the name of the THING/NOUN in Spanish. A picture of a heart would be titled "El Corazon" (the Spanish word for "Heart"), A picture of a Mermaid would be titled "La Sirena", A picture of the world, or a globe of the world, would be titled "El Mundo". ATCs made in this way would be a good way to learn Spanish, or at least the Spanish words/nouns for certain things, and would be a fun way to practice Spanish words. The person making the Loteria cards may have to research to find the correct Spanish words, "gato" for "cat", and the person trading for the ATC size Loteria cards gets to collect cards and learn Spanish words.

I suggest you do a search on google, or Bing, or whatever search engine you use, and do a search for "Loteria cards". This will bring up a bunch of images of Loteria cards, and then click on "images" so that you can see what a variety there is. (Sorry, I couldn't get the image to post, :sad:
so you have to look it up yourself.) This will give you a visual images of what your ATC Loteria card should imitate.

Loteria is also a game of chance, rather like Bingo, that is very popular in the Spanish community and is played on a Loteria card (which looks like a bingo card with these Loteria images with their Spanish nouns/names).
Wikipedia has a good explanation of what Loteria is.
Here is the link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loter%C3%ADa
Above link also has two pictures of loteria cards, but they are small and difficult to see clearly, but you get an idea.

You do NOT need to purchase any Loteria cards -- unless you would like to have a set to look at to stimulate your Muse. you need to make your own ATC size cards of pictures of things/nouns, with Spanish subtitles.

If you have more questions - ask.
Everyone here is friendly and happy to help.

Mouseit
01-10-2014, 09:00 AM
Velcrodoggie you do such a great athon explanation for a novice lol,lol

castle queen welcome to the mad house. Remember Trades are done by PM never the thread/chatroom as they can be missed.

and enjoy the experience. Make sure if you are going to play to record all trades in and out. We have sheets to email if you need one.

Mouseit
01-10-2014, 09:09 AM
Sure do Vicki, only way to keep sane...lol oh wait this athon is going for insane...Omg will we survive?????

Miss M
01-10-2014, 09:17 AM
CastleQueen, don't worry about the rules yet! The only real rule during the athon is "HAVE FUN!", oh yeah and trade, and the stuff that v-:dog: said!

The official thread will give you a whole bunch of info you need to know then, that you don't need to know now!

So don't worry, you'll have all the details when ya need 'em! Just mark on you calendar that you have a marathon-art-making-weekend....and WELCOME! :jiggy:

velcrodog
01-10-2014, 09:25 AM
Oh, the other thing I forgot, VERY important....

When the aThon/ATART is finished/over/done/ended you EDIT all your cards left in the gallery (during the athon, as soon as you trade a card, you EDIT it and move it to the "traded ATCs" gallery) and MOVE THEM OUT of the "aThon" gallery and into "ATCs Available" gallery. REALLY important!!!

(now, any newb that hasn't done that yet from the last athon.... get on it! Edit button is on the upper right of the screen, when you click on your item and have it filling the screen. Now, I will rush to the athon gallery and double check to make sure I moved all of mine!!!!)

velcrodog
01-10-2014, 09:44 AM
CastleQueen, don't worry about the rules yet!

Maria! What you should have said is what you always do..... DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE RULES! There is no YET for you, wild woman!:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Miss M
01-10-2014, 11:16 AM
You're a riot Phoenix177, you'll fit right in! :biglaugh:

Actually, V-:dog:, you are misleading people...I checked with Carole Cadek, there are NO RULES for ANYONE when it comes an athon! It's just about having FUN, FUN, FUN!!!

And don't worry, the official thread (which will get posted a few days before the athon actually starts, you won't miss it) will have all the details and tip and tricks and very important other info that you will need! We will take care of y'all! :wacko::jiggy::twitcy:

sharlene54
01-10-2014, 12:13 PM
Thanks for the great reading, keeping up with all of you is sure time consuming. AND that I have these winter days. It's snowing again, so I'm in reading all your posts. Cabin fever is setting in. A good drink could help?-- hummmm- what is my pleasure. Any ideas out there, what a silly question.

velcrodog
01-10-2014, 12:32 PM
:err:Sharlene!!! Does this mean that you want a freebie ATC drink card? I would make one with you and Cooper sharing a drink....BUT YOU DON'T HAVE ANY PICTURES ON YOUR PAGE OR IN YOUR PEOPLE, PLACES, & THINGS GALLERY!!!! :mad: *Deep Sigh* I guess I can't send you a drink right now, besides, I already mailed your athon stuff!!! :P

(Maria is happy that there are no rules for an aThon- as she is the:notworthy: Mighty & Most Royal Goddess Emperor of Dune and All ATARTs and aThons:notworthy:, she believes that there are NO rules for her -- EVER!!!! (like the sci fi reference?)

Miss M
01-10-2014, 12:55 PM
:err::confused::arghh:...oh V-:dog:....

BekaH
01-10-2014, 02:42 PM
Ok, wait... I'm confused about something I just read...

Someone said something about spread sheets and keeping track of trades??? Well I'm pretty good at keeping track of trades... Unless

Do you have to trade to everyone who asks for your card/s? Because I never have enough postage... And if that's the case then I just can't play :( Unfortunately...

On a side note, I'm a bit upset... My art muse seems to have wondered far away for the moment... I have finished all the episodes of "Lost Girl" that I have on Netflix... And was planning to make some cards... But.... where is my muse??? Hoping to get a few extra goodies in the mail with trades, and maybe some inspiration!

And I STILL have to make velcrodog's rolodex she asked me for our trade but I can't until my muse comes back! Aye! I also was asked by someone to draw a self portrait of myself... But my drawing skills have gone to muck since I haven't practiced them in a while... What's a gal to do?!

Ne*who... That's all completely off topic, I just needed to rant, and since there are no rules?! :biglaugh:

Btw, does anyone feel like sending me some atc blanks? I'm forever needing them! Because I use them as fast as someone sends them to me, LOL

And it always seems like as soon as I make some cards they are gone! Oh... Where does my art go? Around the world! That's where, to all you beautiful gals :D

BekaH
01-10-2014, 02:43 PM
P.S.

You could probably find some cool atc's made from loteria cards on Pinterest! Pinterest has EVERYTHING!!! lol

BekaH
01-10-2014, 02:48 PM
Actually, believe it or not... Pinterest had barely anything, except for two cool art pieces I'll share that I found...

I've never made any Loteria cards, don't really understand them much except I really like that one of the moon! LOL

Miss M
01-10-2014, 03:04 PM
Hi V-rose! Cute loteria cards! We're still figuring out what to fit into the athon, so don't necessarily go off and start making all sorts of cards! Well unless you want to trade them outside of then athon, then by all means! LOL

To answer your question, you make art and trade the art you made during the athon. You can prepare (i.e. make backgrounds, but things out, plan, line up your glue sticks etc) but you don't actually make the art until the athon starts. And you can trade as much or as little as you want, it'll all depend on how much art you post.

And yes, anyone in the athon can ask you for a trade, it's up to you manage those requests, just like private trades. Usually people ask for stuff that is available, i.e. the art that will be in your athon gallery once it starts. Once you trade, you move it to the ATCs:Traded, and done. Once you've traded as much as you want, you don't have to post anymore art.

Re: the spreadsheets, some people use them to track trades. It is not mandatory, you can track them anyway you like. We'll post a sample once the athon has started for those who want it.

Not everyone can keep up with V-:dog:and her mad art-making skills! :err::biglaugh: Nor do we expect you too!

And V-:dog:, the Imperial Dog (you started it V-:dog:!), will do a "return-the-muse-to-V-rose" dance for you to help you get your muse back! Just give her some time to prepare herself!

Miss M
01-10-2014, 03:11 PM
For all the super-duper, happy-to-have-you-play-with-us, athon newcomers...

ATART ATHON = All Types of ART marATHON

Get it? Art and share as you please all weekend long! Hold your calls, don't make other plans, get a dog-sitter, hire a butler, send your family to Aunt Hilda's during the weekend....free up your schedules! :biglaugh:
(well it's not that serious, but once you start playing, it's addictive!!)

BekaH
01-10-2014, 03:19 PM
All sounds good, and yes, V better start dancing quick! LOL!

velcrodog
01-10-2014, 03:22 PM
Oh crap!:err:

Miss M
01-10-2014, 03:33 PM
aw man, and I forgot to bring the poop-n-scoop bags! :arghh: Clean up in aisle three!

velcrodog
01-10-2014, 03:52 PM
Okay picture this...me, in my backyard.... in a white shift...dancing...prancing and singing. (thank god for the 6 ft stockade fence)...traipsing around...lifting my arms to the sky...as I dance and prance (5'10" 180 lbs & bra-less) bouncing and bobbing around.... looking to the sky I spot VRose's muse on a breeze... she looks down at me :err: as I am dancing and singing to her...trying to coax her down... telling her with my dance that my house is a wonderful home to live in....as I am there, still dancing, prancing, bouncing, bobbing, singing & screeching ... VRose's muse looks at me :confused: and suddenly as I swoop around in a fanciful bra-less spin... she realizes that I want her to stay at my house! She looks :err: and screams :arghh: and runs as quickly as she can back to the safety of VRose's home! She will be there shortly VRose, trust me.... after that dance, she wants to go home!!!!!

artchick501
01-10-2014, 03:58 PM
I'm pretty sure I can't keep up, but I am willing to try this athon with you nut jobs!

velcrodog
01-10-2014, 04:12 PM
YES!!!!!!

Sooooo Happy you are going to join us!!!!!!!!! Love it!!!!

SpottedCrow
01-10-2014, 04:20 PM
artchick501!! I hear ya!!
Every time this bunch of gals gets together ..I lurk in the corner(usually by the bar) and shake my head at their amazing fabulousness and think.. maybe one day..:notworthy:

Miss M
01-10-2014, 04:25 PM
aw, shucks....

That's okay! we accept lurkers too! :biglaugh:

artchick501
01-10-2014, 04:33 PM
I doubt I can stop laughing long enough to create cards, but I am going to try!

velcrodog
01-10-2014, 04:57 PM
PUHLEEEASSSEEE COME INTO THE PARTY SPOTTED CROW!!!!!!

velcrodog
01-10-2014, 04:59 PM
Is amazing fabulousness code for bat-sh#t-crazy?:err:

SpottedCrow
01-10-2014, 05:02 PM
V:dog:!!

My kitty Jasper is kinda scared of Cooper!! LOL

I will think about it... Maybe if tell my honey he can have days!!
of pizza and Bang !Pow! Shoot em! Movies.. he won't mind if he is banished to living room while I lock myself in the craft room.. :biglaugh:

CastleQueen5
01-10-2014, 05:19 PM
Thank you for the explanation. It was very helpful and clear.

I am sure I could use a spread sheet except, I have a MAC, and I cant get the ding dang thing to read too many things. I can print out a spread sheet from my hubbys printer, but I would be able to add to compute wise, it would have to be hand written. I cant tie up his computer that long.

prayer_at_night
01-10-2014, 05:37 PM
Just saying, while the others are all organized and have those fancy spreadsheets, I have a sheet of paper and just write down which card I trade with who(m?). It's all fine as long as in the end you still know who gets which card. ;)

And of course no one has to trade anything with anyone! Just to make that clear. You could use the vibe of the a-thon to play in your art journal, or make greeting cards for your relatives, or whatever, and not trade at all.
Generally, people are pretty enthusiastic during an a-thon and love to trade, so if you make available ATCs, prepare to have people ask for them.
If you can only send so and so many letters, just make that clear - if you make more available ATCs than you have postage, just say something like "available for the ones I already trade with" or so... just a thought. :)

(I don't even know who I am telling this. *lol* I'm just replying to stuff I read in this already batshit-crazy thread. ;) *hugs all the loons*)

artchick501
01-10-2014, 05:53 PM
I love how helpful all of you are being.....amazing!!

Miss M
01-10-2014, 06:10 PM
Absolutely! You can track the athon trades however you wish. The spreadsheet is something that one of the more established athon-ers shared with all the players as a helpful tip. In no way it is mandatory, and in no way are you expected to use it.

Some people print a sheet and keep records by hand. Others have their own methods. It's entirely up to you how you want to track any trades you make! It's just a tool to help keep one organized, that is all, and we share for those that want to use it!

If anyone else has a system they'd like to share, by all means, add a post!

And right, don't forget athons are about FUN! not stress! No one expects anyone to do anything that would stress them out, cause financial hardship (causing you to take out a 2nd mortgage on your house, sell your car...rent out your family...:err:) or anything that makes you worry!

You can make art that has nothing to do with the athon, and share that (just indicate it isn't for trade)! It's just about FUN! Go with the flow! You can make art for trade, and share that! You can just read an laugh! You can tell us jokes! You can heckle V-:dog:! (and please, feel free to heckle the Imperial Dog! She likes it! :biglaugh:)
Just keep in mind there are players who specifically want to trade, and will devour anything and everything you post, cus that's the fun for them!

prayer_at_night
01-10-2014, 06:33 PM
I actually think that you "cool new girls on the block" are the trade-crazy ones! :biglaugh:
In earlier a-thons that I played in there wasn't as much insanity going on in the thread, and not as much trading (I mean, I could have literally traded every single card I made in the Post-Christmas a-thon at least twice! :err: How did that even happen???:wacko: )
I'm not complaining though! :biglaugh: It's a lot of fun, and I don't often make something that I don't want to trade, so yay trading frenzy! ;)

velcrodog
01-10-2014, 06:40 PM
I think one of the reasons that we go into a trading frenzy is because we are cracking jokes and heckling one another and we do it with the ATCs! I never in my life made a card so fast as when tidbitsnscraps said "thank god I'm not a card" My muse was beating me with a whip to go faster!

prayer_at_night
01-10-2014, 06:43 PM
Bwahahaha! :biglaugh: Now that's a picture in my head... Work *whip* faster *whip* you *whip whip* lazy dog! *whip whip whip* :biglaugh:

BekaH
01-10-2014, 06:52 PM
Speaking of statuses, We've already established that Maria is a Grand Poopah now, but look at that - Sara (Prayer at night) has a brilliant future! Go you! :p

V, I still haven't seen my muse... She must be stopping to smell the roses on the way home. I'm gonna lock her in a cage once she gets here.

Miss M
01-10-2014, 06:58 PM
and V-:dog:just gets around....oh, sorry, she's a name known to all!

Really, the muse isn't back? I woulda swore V-:dog:'s dance woulda been enough to send her back! :biglaugh: Well V-Rose, you are a valued member :D, so hmmm, what can we do to help you get your muse back????

Let's see, some suggestions...
1. art upside-down (hey! it's works in singing lessons!)
2. art blind-folded (what? maybe her muse needs to feel her way around the paper)
3. art nakkid (muse has no where to hide?)

velcrodog
01-10-2014, 07:08 PM
4. Put your pencil where you don't usually put it (like hold it in your mouth instead of your hands) {I KNOW what you were thinking!!!}
5. Look at a picture of Cooper, he inspires me!
6. No,no... I can't say that....

prayer_at_night
01-10-2014, 07:13 PM
7.) Draw with your non-dominant hand! (That's so funny, I promise. ;) )
8.) Look at pictures of cute baby animals? (Works for me)

:wubclub:

artchick501
01-10-2014, 07:39 PM
this is art therapy, at its finest

Miss M
01-10-2014, 09:34 PM
I store mine in a binder in pockets like these ones:
http://www.amazon.ca/Ultra-Pro-Pocket-Page-Protectors/dp/B005HIOVOG/ref=pd_sim_office_15

artchick501
01-10-2014, 10:57 PM
I love the binder pages, too. for cards that don't fit, I use a pretty box.

velcrodog
01-10-2014, 11:19 PM
Ditto here! I found a page for the 4 x 6 arches too, and for postcard trades or all the way up to 5 x 7 trades/tags....

http://www.amazon.com/BCW-2-Pocket-Archival-Storage-Binder/dp/B003FZDFI6/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1389410040&sr=8-6&keywords=protective+sleeves+postcard

BekaH
01-11-2014, 12:02 AM
I, too, use the 9 pocket binder pages :) I have three binders full now, I need to start my fourth one... Eventually, I'm going to have to start a library for my binders :P At one point, when I was first starting my collection, I tried to keep cards together, according to artist... Well, needless to say that I have so many now, that organization went to heck...

My muse FINALLY came back, if only for a few simple collages... I've made four very simple ones, and I don't feel like they're much because they're not that elaborate! But really, you gals know what I'm talking about, I'm sure... sometimes it's even hard to figure out what elements you want on a simple collage... Like, what three pictures or embellishments go together and WHERE do they go? LOL!

I'm off to put my daughter to sleep, Well... THAT came out wrong, HAHA! I'm er... off to lay down with her until she falls asleep, tehe. :biglaugh:

And then perhaps I will do a couple more... I have a couple things I've been wanting to try... But I may need a bit of guidance here...

1. One of my friends on here (Ruth - Iridiumgirl) did something awhile back called blot art... And she explained it to me at the time, and it looked like a lot of fun, but I'm not sure now how to do it... Anyone?

2. Found poetry atc's... Do people use poems that are already put together or do you make up your own? Where do you get your words?

3. Art upside down, that actually sounds like it might be, well fun!

4. Nail polish art... For the art ladies, not for the high! Bahaha...

Ya know, I'm thinking I might fit in wonderfully with you crazy gals, because I too, am a wee bit insane :p (Don't go calling my therapist now!)

Btw, Sara (prayer at night) I actually did make a couple of cute cards with little critters on them :)

Anyways, I'm totally looking forward to this a-thon, even if only to get a laugh from you girls and create a few cool cards to trade JUST on here!

novascotiacrafter
01-11-2014, 01:00 AM
This looks fun

velcrodog
01-11-2014, 01:24 AM
Yes, novascotiacrafter, this is fun, and it is a little crazy.... but just wait till the athon starts! this is just the pre-hype!!!

beka, yep! that did sound bad!!!:err:

Good night folks!!!! Vicki, you may begin the dog abuse now....

mcgillisj
01-11-2014, 01:56 AM
Yay! I have FINALLY been able to respond! The site has been wonky and said I didn't have the "authority" to respond, but I could still read the thread. It finally worked tonight. You guys are certifiably crazy!!

BekaH
01-11-2014, 02:24 AM
So... Where to start... For anyone who makes found poetry atcs, I have the utmost respect for you! I FINALLY managed to make ONE found poetry atc... After reading and re reading and wadding up [magazine] pages and tossing them in the garbage. LOL. I will now look at all found poetry cards with a new level of awe and wonder!

It's not like you're creating just ONE work of art, but two! Well, at least for me... Because the poet in me (A few years back and still every now and then I pour my heart out through poetry) was cursing and getting mad at the stupid words on the pages for not wanting to come together, and for not having the words in text that I wanted to use... And perfecting and perfecting my poetry once I had it together.

Then, I had to find a picture that went with it, and matched what I was trying to say. After I got all of THAT together, I had to do the tedious task of picking up these little tiny pieces of paper and putting glue on them (without gluing my fingers together, was the challenge) and getting them into proper placement on the paper. After an hour and a half, I got ONE card I was happy with....

May try again in the future, I'm definitely happy with it!

Mouseit
01-11-2014, 07:53 AM
Gotta say something...but too tired....lol
trying to stop laughing at all the girls antics..

SpottedCrow
01-11-2014, 08:47 AM
Morning ..Rain and thunderstorms here in NC..so snow in 7 days?
isn't that the old wives tale?

Going to Hobby Lobby today..big store with crafting supplies on sale today! :biglaugh:
Hope you're all having a great day..

FlyingPhoenix
01-11-2014, 10:09 AM
I don't think I've got anything going on that weekend (but life has a way of getting in the way)....but bookmarking for now!

velcrodog
01-11-2014, 10:45 AM
Hey, FlyingPhoenix, did you see? There is another Phoenix on this thread.... Phoenix177, I saw that and decided that you two must be related (in the cyber-world) as having names with the same word in them, well, it just must be a screen name relation. So, what is your relationship. Are you cousins, sisters, sisters in law, a great great great Aunt and niece, grandmother and grand daughter, or third cousins once removed? I will let you to figure that out......

Good morning everyone! So happy that it is just 19 days and a wake-up till the athon!

Miss M
01-11-2014, 10:47 AM
What will do you in those 19 days V-:dog:gie?

FlyingPhoenix
01-11-2014, 11:55 AM
Must be! I'd accept that! *Dances with* <3

Miss M
01-11-2014, 11:57 AM
oh-oh, phoenix-twins! That could be trouble....

FlyingPhoenix
01-11-2014, 12:09 PM
Whatever could you mean, Maria... *looks somewhat innocent*

velcrodog
01-11-2014, 12:34 PM
Ooooooh myyyyy! ( in my best George Takei, aka Hikaru Sulu, voice ) TWINS! TWINS! I think I will have some fun with that in 19 days and a wake up!!!!!!!!

Remember you 2.... dancing in the clubs in Tampa, body painted with our aThon/ATART information...NOT JUST ON THIS THREAD!!!

Even better, I can see it now......

Ladies (and I use that term loosely) and Gentlemen,
may I present, for the first time,
on amateur night,
here at Tampa, Florida's Infamous Mons Venus Club.....
The Phoenix Twins!!!!!

:geek::err::confused::cool::wideeyed::):P;):eek:

FlyingPhoenix
01-11-2014, 12:47 PM
....are you implying that the only time I'm innocent, I'm sleeping...? Probably right...but besides the point!

...I'm also curious as to what you might have bubbling in your mind, V-:dog:

Ha HA! I've always wanted a TWIN-KIE! :jiggy:

velcrodog
01-11-2014, 02:18 PM
Not trying to be a downer, but a good friend of mine, who was more like a sister to me, Nancy, died this morning. If you could say a prayer for her, it would be appreciated. She was only 66, and a chain smoker... lung cancer. And all you smokers, if you could smoke one less cigarette today that would be even better.....

Miss M
01-11-2014, 02:20 PM
I'm sorry Cathy, you have my condolences. It's never easy when someone goes so that way. Try to focus on the good memories if you can.

FlyingPhoenix
01-11-2014, 02:35 PM
So sorry to hear. :( Prayers and warm thoughts to you and her family.

KESagers
01-11-2014, 02:52 PM
I'm so sorry. Keeping you and her family in my thoughts and prayers.

BekaH
01-11-2014, 03:41 PM
HUGS V! My granddad just went through two separate treatments of cyberknife for lung cancer on both lungs. Thankfully, they caught it early enough so that it was still small. But that's just ONE of his problems. He also has emphysema, and terrible COPD. Smoking is bad bad bad. I have smoked on and off in my life, but when I found out that he had lung cancer, I made a solemn promise to never ever pick up another cigarette. Now, even smelling cigarette smoke makes me sick :( And needless to say, even though I've only smoked a total of about three years, I already have upper respiratory problems (nothing serious) but I cough a lot and have a lot of drainage and allergy problems and I contribute it to the smoking....

Ok, off my soap box now. LOL

Again, hugs and prayers sweetie! <3 You're a strong gal, I know you will heal :) Maybe making a couple of atc's in tribute to her memory would help :)

Kimmie
01-11-2014, 03:41 PM
So very sorry, Cathy. Will keep her family and YOU in my prayers, too!

novascotiacrafter
01-11-2014, 04:32 PM
Hugs to you Cathy

SpottedCrow
01-11-2014, 05:38 PM
Vdog! Hugs hugs hugs ..
tell cooper I asked him to give ya a big slurppy kiss and a nuzzle:dog:

Miss M
01-11-2014, 05:47 PM
From what I understand about Cooper, all you'd have to do is stick some food on top of V-:dog:gies head, and Cooper would be all over her with attention! ;)

SpottedCrow
01-11-2014, 05:48 PM
Hobby Lobby shopping update..
Used a 40% coupon off some watercolor paper and they had decorative paper packs 50% off..So I did not doo too much damage. But Just incase I do more than lurk at the bar during the athon.. I have some supplies ;)

Mouseit
01-11-2014, 06:21 PM
Velcro so sorry to hear about your loss, friends are always so hard to loose as they are often closer to us then family. Know you are cared about today, and that I am thinking of you. Hugs and hugs.

Cathy1
01-11-2014, 06:26 PM
Cathy - sending prayers and hugs.

Mouseit
01-11-2014, 06:27 PM
As to the rest of you weird lunatics (and I use the term lovingly) I see we have dancing twins, bar lurkers, and general great information being passed around.
I'm enjoying my daughter's new baby, Amelia Jae at the moment so are popping in to try and keep up.
lots a interesting info in here...I got lots of those folders filled with great art....I share then with my mum when she visits and others all the time, so it get shared around here.

velcrodog
01-11-2014, 07:54 PM
thanks y'all, enough dwelling on the bad stuff in life... lets talk about other stuff..

yeah! like hoarding!!! If you have more craft supplies than you could use up in a year raise your hand!

velcrodog
01-11-2014, 07:54 PM
v-:dog: waves both hands frantically......

velcrodog
01-11-2014, 07:56 PM
Oh, come on, I know, KNOW I am not the only one!!!

KESagers
01-11-2014, 07:57 PM
You are not the only one.:err:

Mouseit
01-11-2014, 08:41 PM
Raises hand and waves frantically me hoarder.... Have a room full of hoarding, shhhh just don't tell anyone.....lol

velcrodog
01-11-2014, 09:42 PM
Going to bed! Goodnight all! You may not hear from me for a few days! Be back on Wednesday !!! Later!

Just Ducky
01-11-2014, 10:50 PM
nite Cooper mom... take care, travel safe and we will hold your place in line...

Miss M
01-12-2014, 12:29 PM
Twin-kie (see what you started FlyingPhoenix), definitely too much coffee! Or maybe just too much art on on the brain if you look at everything and think "I can use this..." :biglaugh: My collection is still small...ish, but I'm working on expanding!

prayer_at_night
01-12-2014, 01:32 PM
Oh Cathy, I'm so sorry. :( *big hug*

Also *raises hand*... I have so much stuff I'm continuously re-organizing because the containers are always getting too small! :err: And I agree, it must be some kind of too-much-art-on-the-mind illness we all have, because I, too, have to make myself toss something away, I might still use it after all..... And I'm sleeping, working, arting and living in one smallish room in my parents' flat, so you know how cluttered I am. ;)

KESagers
01-12-2014, 01:35 PM
It's a known fact that storage containers/closets shrink with age. Now if only my waist would do the same.

Miss M
01-12-2014, 01:39 PM
Well Kristen if you do find the secret to shrinkage with age, please share! :D

I'm starting to experience too small boxes, and not enough drawers....and the "oooo, I've never tried those before....". I think I'm doomed! :biglaugh:

FlyingPhoenix
01-12-2014, 02:16 PM
Twin-kie? What's wrong with that? I figured it'd stick! ;P
...AND since we're both FIRE birds, We're FIRE Dancers! LOL! :biglaugh:

I have...a studio filled with supplies, but some of the adhesives I have I can't use until August, so I'm getting back into drawing and scrapbook sticky stuff. But I'm a recycler too. I shudder to think of my huzbee going through my office, as I save cardboard and other things he would see as trash.

SpottedCrow
01-12-2014, 05:36 PM
Too Much Coffee?? HUH?? Is there such a thing? Do you know they make Dark Chocolate coverd Coffee beans???:chatterbox:

As far as supplies go.. I try an be organized, and once a month I go thru all my magazines, cut all the pictures I think I might use and put those in my coupon holders until I do .. Then the magazines go to recycle bin or for my classes that I teach.. I never seem to have enough storage no matter how I re arrange ..

BekaH
01-12-2014, 10:25 PM
Too much coffee... NEVER!

And yes, those chocolate covered coffee beans are actually Delicious!

I would love to work as a barista, that would be such a fun job! (And even better if you get benefits, like discounts on the drinks :P )

Supplies... Well I cannot go in a store without looking at craft supplies! I'm not as bad now as I was when I first started doing these, but I still hoard... I do a destash whenever I start to get so much stuff I don't know what to use, though! LOL

I try to keep mine organized the best that I can, though it tends to get difficult when all I have is one container to keep all my collage bits in and one container to keep my paint stuff in, and a desk. I am not lucky enough to have a studio, like some of you awesome ladies :)

Tidbitsnscraps
01-13-2014, 09:37 AM
Im in too!

Miss M
01-13-2014, 09:42 AM
awesome!

BekaH
01-13-2014, 09:06 PM
LOL! Btw, Dehh, got your card in the mail today for our personal swap! Left you i-trader :)
Thanks for trading with me...

And Cathy, yours as well, also left you i-trader and sent you a message!

For those of you who don't know, and I am sure you ALL SHOULD, V is such a nut! She stamped all over my packet "Dead cat enclosed" :err: :biglaugh:

I told her, I am surprised they didn't open the package to check for themselves...

She is also such a generous soul <3 I wish she lived closer so we could hang out and make awesome art goodies :p

But then, I don't have any friends in my hometown that I hang out with... My life consists of my hubby (Who is amazing) and my daughter (who is a sweet, rotten 3 year old)... I'm not complaining... Just saying I don't really have any girlfriends here... All of my friends are online! Is that sad? Or just awesome that I'm blessed with so many online friends?

Anyways, just wanted to stop in and say "howdy"... and can't wait til the athon, it's gonna be fun and funny!

Miss M
01-13-2014, 09:27 PM
:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: Dead cat...yup, that sounds like V-:dog:gie!

When I sent her pre-christmas athon trades, since it was before christmas, I individually wrapped every ATC, put them in a box which I also wrapped multiple times! I even individually wrapped some extra goodies I threw in! I figure she'll want payback....I'm suspecting I won't get anything as innocent as "Dead cat inside"!

V-rose, I'm glad you found us and that we found you! :wubclub:

(Oh and BTW, for future reference, V-:dog: just LOVES getting everything individually wrapped...multiple times.....mwahahahahahaha)

BekaH
01-13-2014, 09:37 PM
omg, that's too funny MariaP, but I bet it would have been fun too! :p Can't wait to see what she sends you next! Let us know, for sure!

Miss M
01-13-2014, 11:49 PM
I only pray she's already sent it.....

Miss M
01-14-2014, 12:06 AM
It's 1 iTrader point per trade, doesn't matter how many cards were part of it.

jonquil
01-14-2014, 12:07 AM
I'm wondering...if I trade multiple cards with someone, do I give an itrader score for EACH card or for the one trade. Seems like I should give a score for each card...they are wonderful!

No you only give one itrader for the whole trade no matter how many cards - you can give them you rocks though!!!:cat:

jonquil
01-14-2014, 12:09 AM
I reckon we should have an athon in which we are only allowed to make art using supplies we already have - that means no buying, printing etc - would certainly help to reduce my stash!!!
I know I have containers of images, leftover scraps of paper etc - would certainly make me use them:cat:

Miss M
01-14-2014, 12:16 AM
Lisa, you should host a swap....

Miss M
01-14-2014, 12:17 AM
No you only give one itrader for the whole trade no matter how many cards - you can give them you rocks though!!!:cat:

And yes! Give You Rocks freely, indiscriminately, and as many time as you can! :biglaugh:

KESagers
01-14-2014, 12:44 AM
I reckon we should have an athon in which we are only allowed to make art using supplies we already have - that means no buying, printing etc - would certainly help to reduce my stash!!!
I know I have containers of images, leftover scraps of paper etc - would certainly make me use them:cat:

There is an art supply PIF thread if anyone is interested:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6260

velcrodog
01-14-2014, 01:51 AM
I am home!!!!!!! The viewing was at noon, the funeral was at 1pm. It was a closed casket. And I found out why this wonderful friend of mine has been so hard for me to connect with for the past 3 year.... I think she knew she had lung cancer at least 3 or 4 years ago as she had a suspicious chest x-ray, she never followed up on it and this was during her back surgery, she started taking prescription pain meds, became "addicted" so her family said and was usually sleeping 16 to 18 hours a day. I think she was in pain from the cancer and was self medicating for pain, so no one would find out. And that's the reason she didn't contact me, and always made excuses when I was going to travel up to see her.... She knew that as an RN (and working ICU for YEARS) I would have figured out what was happening. Plus, right during the back surgery time her husband of almost 40 years (they were both about 60 something at this time) divorced her and left her for a 26 year old stripper married with 2 kids, their youngest sonn was 36 at that time!!!!..... She is at peace now. Poor woman. And didn't want anyone worrying about her or waiting on her.

What the heck is wrong with men?!!!!!!!!

smallgirl
01-14-2014, 02:19 AM
That is so tragic...like you said, poor woman.

smallgirl
01-14-2014, 02:20 AM

Such an excellent idea!!

marilou
01-14-2014, 11:15 AM
Hi Ladies, have been checking this thread and hopefully I will be able to play for 2 days.
But only if......there.....is.......a......BAR!!!

marilou
01-14-2014, 11:39 AM
maybe we could ask, if they are still around, for THE CHIPPENDALE's to serve us :>))))

velcrodog
01-14-2014, 12:21 PM
You guys are sooooo bad! The thing is... IF YOU ORDER A DRINK & ITS MADE.... you better darn well trade for it!!!!! Those are ATCs that Maria puts a lot of time into!!! She makes sooo many she hasn't time to do other things sometimes!!! I love her drinks too!!! I love the idea of Cabana Boys & the Chippendale's!!!

Mariloupatch, you had best be googling for pictures of the Chippendales....

YOU HAVE JUST BEEN MADE
MARILOUPATCH,
the DUCHESS of ENTERTAINMENT!!!!!!!!!!

We want to see Chippendale ATCs from you my dear friend!!!!

Phoenix177, you had best be googling for pictures of Hot Cabana Boys!!!

Now, Phoenix177...
YOU are now the BARONESS OF SERVING STAFF
I expect to see a few ATCs of the Cabana Boys who will be waiting on us hand and foot! I want them in next to nothing attire, looking all hot and tropical!!! Waving palm fronds to cool us and giving us pedicures!

We Want to see Hot Cabana Boy ATCs from you my new friend!

Yes! EVERYONE WHO WANTS MarilouPatch TO PROVIDE
THE CHIPPENDALES FOR ENTERTAINMENT & Phoenix177 TO PROVIDE CABANA BOYS RAISE YOUR HAND!!
(This means you are committed to trade an ATC for a Chippendale / Cabana Boy ATC)
(LOOK OUT Marilou & P177!!!! Y'ALL STARTED THIS!!!!)
:biglaugh:

I feel like I am my old self today....

Now to open my happy mail from the time I was in Georgia....:wubclub:

velcrodog
01-14-2014, 12:23 PM
Now, I have everyone terrified to post anything on here for fear they will become "titled"!!!:err::biglaugh:

Miss M
01-14-2014, 12:31 PM
Pssst, your Imperial :dog:ness...don't be scaring all the players away! :err: Although I do like the titles! :biglaugh: I think you got Phoenix177's title wrong though, she's the Twin-kie of Serving Staff! That way we can rope in the other Twin-kie....

velcrodog
01-14-2014, 12:56 PM
Of course!!! How silly of me.... anyone with Phoenix in their screen name is the

Twin-kie Tsarevna of Serving Staff

velcrodog
01-14-2014, 01:00 PM
...and look how good that looks/sounds....

you have the T in Twin-kie to go with the T in Tsarevna (daughter of the Tsar) and Tsarevna has a silent T so the S sound goes with Serving Staff!!

I freaking amaze myself sometimes.... I guess that amazing myself is kinda like chasing my tail....

marilou
01-14-2014, 02:50 PM
velcro....have you been on the booze, secretly????????

Pay attention, her majesty is talking ....LOL... me duchess, why do I have to prepare my diner myself then????? Thanks for the title I always hoped I stood one step higher on the ladder... I wish, ....sigh...in my dreams.
Speaking about booze, I had 2 glasses of white wine (french, what else) and there was Calvados in my diner, Saumon a la Normande. Delicious, and in about 15 minutes hubby will prepare me a delicious ice cream,,,,yummy. Maybe I am a Duchess after all?

Miss M
01-14-2014, 03:03 PM
Yum! When can we come over for dinner?? LOL

velcrodog
01-14-2014, 03:16 PM
Me Too!!!!!!!!

mcgillisj
01-14-2014, 05:21 PM
Me three!

marilou
01-14-2014, 05:47 PM
sorry ladies, you have to make a reservation at least them days ahead :>))))
Tomorrow we will have Navarin, a lam casserole, recipe from a french chef!
We could manage 1 guest.......
Night everyone!

BekaH
01-14-2014, 10:23 PM
V, I have an envie going out to you tomorrow, and there's total payback for the "Dead cat" stamps... LOL... You'll Just have to wait and see what I mean :P

I'm still here, just haven't had much to say lately

Miss M
01-14-2014, 10:29 PM
LOL! Oh, I'm looking forward to this! :biglaugh:

Don't worry V-rose, you can post as much or as little as you want. There are no requirements. ;)

Mouseit
01-15-2014, 04:12 AM
Yes Deb but not the one you mean..lol i am going to the on in New Zealand Oct 2014 -there is a thread for it....I am saving.....

Mouseit
01-15-2014, 04:16 AM
Sits in the corner as quiet as a mouse, don't want a title as big as a house, silently watches from afar, just in case i left the door ajar.

marilou
01-15-2014, 05:01 AM
Mouse is in the house!!!! Hope you let the door wide open!

velcrodog
01-15-2014, 06:31 AM
Oh, trust me Mousie, I've been thinking... it has to be perfect for you, because of course, you are perfect. And something that encompasses all of your multitudes of talent and personality and gifts. (and the fact that you are a Tasmanian Mouse, grandmother, and yet, still manage to be a Sex Goddess and have men throwing themselves at your feet) You are a very hard person to "title." Plus, you have said so little lately that you are not giving me any ammunition to use against you......You are difficult! And look, just between you and me, when I screwed up on the 'proper' title for the Phoenix Twin-kie Tsarevsa's, Her Mighty and Exalted Empress, Lord Goddess of Dune, well, she kicked the :dog:! I don't want to get kicked again! I mean, I'm just a poor :dog:, and she kicked me!:cry: But, I am working on it Mousie!

marilou
01-15-2014, 06:45 AM
" Sex Goddess" hihihi Mouse, it gets better and better!

Mouseit
01-15-2014, 09:42 AM
Marilou..ssssssshhhhhhhh now she knows I am Here see...Lol

Please don't use sex and mouse in the same sentence doggie cos I ain't getting any being across australia from my husband....so bite your tongue...lol

Miss M
01-15-2014, 09:44 AM
What?? I do not kick :dog:gies! That's just mean! You're just upset cus you wanted extra treats and I thought you'd had enough!

Yes, Mousie will get a title, I'm sure of it! :biglaugh:

Mouseit
01-15-2014, 10:08 AM
Oh gawd....they both know I am Here now....I think I left the door too wide open....

FlyingPhoenix
01-15-2014, 10:32 AM
You could always join us Twin~kies, Mousie. Get lumped in like I did. Though we'd then be the Triumverant Tsarvanas! ;)

Miss M
01-15-2014, 11:50 AM
Oh Mousie, don't you know by now, all we need is a crack??? :biglaugh: I'm making sure I help V-:dog:, so don't worry, we got ya covered! :jiggy:

Hey, the other Twin-kie has popped up! How's the search for cabana boys going? Goodness all those *interviews* must be tiring!

marilou
01-15-2014, 12:01 PM
Who asked me to google for the Chippendale's??
Here they are ladies

sorry I think you prefer those guys?

Miss M
01-15-2014, 12:18 PM
:arghh:, Oh my, Duchess Marilou! Those first guys are just too much to handle! I'll leave them to V-:dog:!

Cathy1
01-15-2014, 02:01 PM
Yes Deb but not the one you mean..lol i am going to the on in New Zealand Oct 2014 -there is a thread for it....I am saving.....
Debs, perhaps you could swing by and pick up Marlioupatch and the Chippindales and come on down- now that would be a party. Just our luck though we would get the 'old' guys, not the 'young' guys LOL

BekaH
01-15-2014, 02:32 PM
But we do know by now that since you have posted the pic, the first group also MUST be on a card! LOL!

*ducks*... (I'm sure someone is aiming to attack me now) :P

Miss M
01-15-2014, 02:46 PM
oh, V-rose... :no: ....you asked for it!

marilou
01-15-2014, 02:51 PM
ok no problem, the first pick for V-rose, I keep the others :>)
I would like to take a trip to New Zealand with those guys, they sure would make the trip
looking shorter :biglaugh:

BekaH
01-15-2014, 05:29 PM
lmao! i know, i know! haha

well, i'll take the card, lol! you take the trip, marilou! :P

Miss M
01-15-2014, 05:56 PM
ATTENTION all you down-underers! Watch out for Duchess Marilou and her pack of Chippendales! (which group she brings will be a surprise! :biglaugh:)

Cathy1
01-15-2014, 07:46 PM
I'm beginning to think either group would be fine feeling as I do LOL. Come on down Marilou

Hazartist1
01-15-2014, 08:01 PM
:wacko:Well, I haven't read this whole thread....but I think I will be playing in this Athon. This sounds like a wild and crazy bunch!!! I think I will fit in here!!!

BekaH
01-15-2014, 08:10 PM
Yes, for sure! <3

FlyingPhoenix
01-15-2014, 08:33 PM
Be forewarned...anything you say CAN and WILL be used against you.

;)

prayer_at_night
01-15-2014, 08:34 PM
A new victim, yay! ;)

Miss M
01-15-2014, 08:52 PM
See, Hazart1, you've already been assimilated!! :biglaugh::biglaugh:

FlyingPhoenix
01-15-2014, 09:16 PM
*Creepy Borg voice* We are the Athoners. We will add your artistic and humor to our own.

Resistance is Futile.

BekaH
01-15-2014, 09:52 PM
Well, I'm still yet to say anything to get myself into trouble... (DANG!)

:no:

FlyingPhoenix
01-15-2014, 09:58 PM
...just wait. We'll find something...

Miss M
01-15-2014, 10:05 PM
oh, I wouldn't make that assumption V-rose!

BekaH
01-15-2014, 11:59 PM
lol.. i know, now that i've mentioned it, i'm sure V-:dog: will be watching me very closely, even if no one else does :P

BekaH
01-16-2014, 03:14 AM
So super duper excited about this a-thon! Anyone mind if I plug it in my signature? ;)

marilou
01-16-2014, 03:42 AM
Please do!

Miss M
01-16-2014, 08:56 AM
Nope, you go right ahead!

marilou
01-16-2014, 10:03 AM
Hi girls, look at that, Mousie is working out just in case she meets the Chips

Miss M
01-16-2014, 11:28 AM
Love it Marilou! that Mouse, she gets around she does! LOL

Twin-kie has an art hangover already??? But the athon hasn't even started yet! Oh, wait, I don't feel sorry for you, you were probably working on cabana boys! :biglaugh:

FlyingPhoenix
01-16-2014, 11:35 AM
...I disappeared with mine for a little while...and then my muse of written word demanded I write...smut. Darned Dirty Girl Scout on vacation anyway...

marilou
01-16-2014, 11:51 AM
show us those BOOBS please........

marilou
01-16-2014, 12:07 PM
hahaha Flikr means someething completely different in Flemish = boobs!

Miss M
01-16-2014, 12:12 PM
well this is getting interesting! boobs for cabana boys, and flikr for Duchess Marilou! :biglaugh:

artchick501
01-16-2014, 12:52 PM
Oh mariloupatch, that's wonderful! Now I want to learn Flemish!

marilou
01-16-2014, 02:59 PM
it is spelled "flikker" but the pronounciation is the same :>)))))
Artchick, what kind of words you would like to know in my mother tongue?

BekaH
01-16-2014, 03:12 PM
I can't see the boobs! Link me! LOL...

Anyways, that mouse is serious adorableness marilou! <3

Miss M
01-16-2014, 03:57 PM
Well, that was a teaser! Twin-kie's boobs for cabana boys are all covered up! :biglaugh: Gorgeous artwork!

artchick501
01-16-2014, 04:05 PM
Oh Marilou, it's a sad fact that I have a potty mouth. So what I want from any language is all of the swear words. (hanging my head)

artchick501
01-16-2014, 04:08 PM
Last night I had a dream that this thread was closed..... .because we were all so out of control! :biglaugh: It was so vivid, I had to check this morning to see if we were still 'here'. WHAT on earth did I eat last night?

Miss M
01-16-2014, 04:09 PM
Hey, well this works! Language studies! prayer_at_night will be working on her spanish, and Marilou can teach us all the *fun* words and phrases in Flemish!

Well, I can see that the Duchess of Entertainment is taking her duties quite seriously! :biglaugh:

Vicki Z
01-16-2014, 04:15 PM
Since all the boobies are on line right now, perhaps we can have a sing-along.
The Duchess of Entertainment can lead us all in the Boob Song.
You don't know the Boob Song?
Just follow the bouncing red dot.

Do your boobs hang low?
Can you swing them to and fro?
Can you tie them in a knot?
Can you tie them in a bow?
Can you throw them over your shoulder, like a Continental Soldier?
Do your boobs hang low?

FlyingPhoenix
01-16-2014, 05:10 PM
HA! I haven't heard that in years! :biglaugh:

BekaH
01-16-2014, 05:18 PM
omg, lmao! you ladies are wayyy too much!

I only that "puta" is Spanish for B***h.....
and "mierda" is Spanish for s**t... LOL.

(V :dog: can verify for me - The funny things you can learn from watching Dexter!... The scene where they are investigating Saint Muerte... and Debra says, 'They're calling him Saint Mierda or something'... OMG, I rolled on the floor laughing! You have to be a Dexter fan to appreciate.)

And, if we're not careful... We just MIGHT get closed down for being too wild! I found a quote on Google earlier, that said "Art is a guarantee of sanity"... But I'm beginning to think it should say "Art is a guarantee of INsanity" LOL!

BekaH
01-16-2014, 05:21 PM
Btw, "The Seer" is beautiful! Love your boobs, Phoenix! Wow, I shouldn't have said THAT out loud! :P

It's official, one of the themes for the a-thon MUST be BOOBS!

SpottedCrow
01-16-2014, 07:50 PM
I wander off for a few hours and ya'll lose your minds !! .. I like it!! hahaha:biglaugh:

prayer_at_night
01-16-2014, 08:31 PM
I wanna draw boobs! :biglaugh: (And I could teach you all the dirty words in German. ;) )

Yay for insanity, writing muses demanding smut (there can never be too much of that... did I say that aloud? :P) and general fun stuff going on in here! :D
Can't wait for the a-thon to start. :3

Miss M
01-16-2014, 08:44 PM
yes, prayer_at_night, but can you do it in spanish? :biglaugh:

Mouseit
01-16-2014, 08:52 PM
Omg I think i have more dignity than to mention ahem "boobies" laughing my head off

Miss M
01-16-2014, 08:55 PM
Omg I think i have more dignity than to mention ahem "boobies" laughing my head off

Obviously NOT! :biglaugh:

BekaH
01-16-2014, 09:11 PM
Mouseit, there's nothing wrong with boobies! You love them too, admit it! :P

Mouseit
01-16-2014, 10:02 PM
Um no I don't love them too...lol they are a necesscary thing that's all.....lol

velcrodog
01-16-2014, 10:57 PM
I am down and out for 24 hours and look what happens here!!!!!! OMG!!

My story....My mom is Polish & Ukrainian descent, born in Winnipegosis, Manitoba, Canada.
She speaks Polish, Ukrainian & English... In Polish, a term of endearment is to call some one "Aunty" , just like in Spanish you would call someone "mama". So, mom always calls me "Aunty" or ciotka which is pronounce like chucha. Mom, in Hispanic Florida for almost 10 years was calling me ciotka/chucha. Ask Miriam what chucha means.... but I think she is too much of a lady to tell you!

also, in Korean, a cookie is caa-caa!

mcgillisj
01-16-2014, 11:13 PM
OMG - you guys are all nuts! Oh, and I LOVE BOOBS TOO!! That song reminded me of grade school, VickiZ, and so funny that "flikker" is "boobs" in another language! Kind of like when my kids learned how to say "seal" in French, they were going around saying "phoque, phoque phoque" (as you guessed, sounds exactly like "F*ck", lol!)

BekaH
01-17-2014, 12:19 AM
LOL! Y'all are a hoot! Ok, Mouseit, even if you don't love boobs, I bet you'll have fun drawing some! Haha!

On a different note, I may need V :dog: to do her dance again! My muse went wandering... Again! I'm in a real rut lately! Complete lack of artistic motivation! Sure hope to get things back to normal before the a-thon! UGH!

BekaH
01-17-2014, 01:12 AM
V :dog: must be dancing, and I don't even know it, lol!

Think I found my muse... Late night crafting and 90's music seems to bring her out! LOL

BekaH
01-17-2014, 01:15 AM
Oh, and coffee! Can't forget the coffee!!!!!

BekaH
01-17-2014, 03:05 AM
:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

That's me doing a *happy dance*! LOL... I finished seven atc's tonight! Was surprised to even get through five... And they are all up to my standards :) Go me! Now the key is to do 20, and then I can post these new ones... Maybe that will get me motivated to get on the ball, cause as I said, I feel like I have been at an artistic stall lately.

Hopefully my muse will stick around for the a-thon too, if not, I'm sure I'll still have plenty of inspiration from this wacky, fun group of ladies! <3 Good night all, seems everyone's in bed but me! Forever a night owl!

marilou
01-17-2014, 03:11 AM
Me in bed V-rose... noppe I am up and kicking. Got my coffee and ready to art.
The cleaning lady arrived (she is a lovely polish girl).
I have been working on my art journal those last days, trying to get my mixed media better. While the layers are drying, I work on some mousies :biglaugh:
137814 137815

jonquil
01-17-2014, 04:30 AM
marilou - I covet your journal pages

marilou
01-17-2014, 06:23 AM
thanks Jonquil but sorry....

Mouseit
01-17-2014, 06:41 AM
Mousies??? Did someone say Mousies???

Vampiress-Rose nope I don't draw, college, paint or photograph body parts of any kind....lol I spend my leisure time on better things that are more fun...Heeheee

velcrodoggie where you been Girl? I been missing you lots.....

MARIA take control of this rowdy lot will you, make them behave...heehee

marilou
01-17-2014, 06:45 AM
I fill in the dots......on the booze?
We are missing Just Ducky and her Bailey's

FlyingPhoenix
01-17-2014, 08:11 AM
Well, G'Morning all!

As always, I check in just to see what happened, and ended up laughing! You ladies ROCK!

I've decided to kick my own tailfeathers and attempt to do 100 postcards in the upcoming year. Today is day 1. I think I'm going to start doing the 7 deadly sins with my main novel's cast. Though, with the smut and boobies floating around, I may have to start with "Lust" :biglaugh:

prayer_at_night
01-17-2014, 09:22 AM
yes, prayer_at_night, but can you do it in spanish? :biglaugh:

No way! But you guys can teach me... *dirty grin* I would love to shock my teacher! ;)

Miss M
01-17-2014, 09:22 AM
Mouse, I'm not sure this unruly lot is manageable! I turn around for a few minutes, and see what happens! They get obsessed with chippendales, boobs, shocking their teachers and smut! :biglaugh:

Marilou, those are beautiful journal pages! And they just remind me how behind I am getting my own done! LOL

Love the art being posted!

Miss M
01-17-2014, 09:31 AM
I quake in my boots at giving the lot of you booze! Based on the antics here, I'm suspecting you may not even need it! :biglaugh:

Mouseit
01-17-2014, 10:15 AM
Booze booze booze...The mouse chants......leaning up against the empty bar.....

yeah where is Ducky and her Bailey's? She must be out getting supplies in...hehe

yeah Maria this lot is unmanageable maybe i will need to bring in the Mounties......oohhh just love a man in uniform.....or not....heehee

Mouseit
01-17-2014, 10:16 AM
Ok who is going to be the ring leader while i go off to Sleep? Any Takers?

marilou
01-17-2014, 10:24 AM
instead of the Mounties....maybe the fire brigade, to cool some of you guys off...chips...boobs....

FlyingPhoenix
01-17-2014, 11:29 AM
Don't douse us!

...as it would do little good - we ALWAYS come back and burn brighter and more beautiful than before! ...it's just annoying to get that wet though...

Miss M
01-17-2014, 11:38 AM
OMG! You boozers! You'lll get the bar during the athon! The bartender is busy with lumberjacks until then! :biglaugh: