PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL Backwards to Groundhog Day ATART athon (Jan31-Feb2,2014)

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

KESagers
02-02-2014, 10:45 PM
Congrats Flying Phoenix!

Take care of that knee Dehh68 - I hope it feels better soon.

Watching the Super Bowl. I was hoping for more Dorito commercials. :realmad:

velcrodog
02-02-2014, 10:54 PM
V rose just keep posting!!! We are almost to the next number and then I will end it...and tell you how I picked the numbers...

velcrodog
02-02-2014, 10:57 PM
#93 Experience/Discover 138815 available

#94 Girls just want to have fun 138816 available

Miss M
02-02-2014, 10:58 PM
Can I help with the posting????

Doritos addict Kristen? Or are the Doritos commercials just that good?

KESagers
02-02-2014, 11:00 PM
I have a few cards left - happy to do last minute trades. Yet another storm is coming our way so we aren't going anywhere tomorrow. Guess Phil was right today. :arghh:

KESagers
02-02-2014, 11:02 PM
Doritos addict Kristen? Or are the Doritos commercials just that good?

Both!

BekaH
02-02-2014, 11:06 PM
LOL! I want Doritos now, thanks girls!!!!

I wanna win an arch! But what should we post? We can each take turns reciting the alphabet, hahah!

A

BekaH
02-02-2014, 11:07 PM
B

C

D

E

F

G....

Help a girl out?

(I don't think this counts)

velcrodog
02-02-2014, 11:08 PM
Thank you!!!!! You posted on 811 which is the last number I will have as a winner of a ATC arch BLANK!!!!!

BekaH
02-02-2014, 11:08 PM
Oh yes, since I was reciting my alphabet, I forgot to say, cute cards v!!!!

And, Kristen, I'll take a hop over and see what cards you have :)

KESagers
02-02-2014, 11:09 PM
Ok finally saw the Puppy Love (Best Buds) commercial - so cute! An the dog riding kid cowboy Doritos commercial - probably 2 of the best this game and both at the end.

BekaH
02-02-2014, 11:09 PM
LMAO! Woot woot! Go Me! And it was killin you just waiting, hahahah....

Sooo tell us the secret now? How are you picking your numbers?

I am DYING to know! :swoon:

KESagers
02-02-2014, 11:10 PM
Cool - love to trade!

velcrodog
02-02-2014, 11:14 PM
Poor V-Rose!!! Wanted to win an arch soooo bad and I tell her to post and she ALMOST missed it!!!! But you did it!!!

SPOILER ALERT-
The way I picked my secret numbers is two-fold
First, they were all prime numbers, but they were also the first row of prime numbers (every 10th prime number) on this table...

http://primes.utm.edu/lists/small/1000.txt

Now, if anyone deletes a comment then the entire thing will be off now... but I did it as we were posting and gave out the number and the poster, so it was correct then.... no bright ideas about deleting all your posts and messing me up!!!

thanks everyone for letting me have fun doing this.

FlyingPhoenix
02-02-2014, 11:17 PM
Wha...What?! I won?! 0.0?! *does happy dance and squeals so her huzband wonders what's up* THANK YOU! <3

Here are my last offerings...they've been on my desk all afternoon. I got back home MUCH later than expected, so I didn't accomplish any more. However, I still have plenty of trees if anyone is interested!

He said he'd give me a.... (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/19096/1_img385.jpg) - Available

Regimental (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/19096/1_img384.jpg) (Has the same kilt-flip trick) - Available

This has been a BLAST, and I've loved it! Thank you so much to our AMAZING hostesses, you both Rocked!

Miss M
02-02-2014, 11:20 PM
Hmmmm, I think I need to look up these doritos commercials!

Yeah V-Rose you finally won an arch!

OMG, Twin-kie those are hysterical!

velcrodog
02-02-2014, 11:23 PM
And ladies.... with the duplicates... I just made it to 100 cards again, wheee!!!

IF YOU OWE ME A CARD(S) IN A TRADE- Don't worry, I am a mom, and as this was an athon I help host, I will pick them out tomorrow after everyone else has had a turn. If there is something of mine you want....PLEASE let me know... I made 100 atc/tags, I want to trade them, so, just pm me!

I feel like I have accomplished something.... what, I really don't know, but it was something!

I had fun... now I am going to sleep and a well deserved one......art on... I am pooped out... oh, Maria will have fun with that!

Zane (who uses this computer to game on) was sooooo annoyed that he didn't get it 3 hours ago... I will be a good mom and let him have it now.... Night y'all!!!

BekaH
02-02-2014, 11:23 PM
ahhh... and please, may i ask how you managed to stumble across that chart?

you are such a random person V :dog: ! LMAO! But you know we love ya!!!

Oh BTW....

For our FABULOUS hostesses of this AMAZING A-Thon,

The Imperial Dog of the Empire, World, Galaxy & Universe

AND

The Duchess Maria (I don't remember her title, she already changed it!)

Since everyone else is singing....

"For they are jolly good ladies,
For they are jolly good ladies,
For they are jolly good ladies,
Which nobody can deny!!!!!!"

And look at this awesome cake I baked you! (yea, right)

http://i59.tinypic.com/2cpokfr.jpg

BekaH
02-02-2014, 11:25 PM
And now I think I'm gonna cry cause I'm gonna miss you crazy ladies! <3

FlyingPhoenix
02-02-2014, 11:25 PM
I too have to turn in as I'm falling asleep at my desk...and I've got work in the morning. Ug. G'Night everyone!

Miss M
02-02-2014, 11:32 PM
LOL, that was so the people in my current swaps didn't think I was a total fruit-loop calling myself "Empress"! LOL

Thank -you V-Rose!

Thanks everyone for coming out to play with us! I hope y'all enjoyed yourselves! It was a blast! Until the next time!

So Long Farewell - The Sound Of Music - Lyrics by Rodgers and Hammerstein

There's a sad sort of clanging from the clock in the hall
And the bells in the steeple too.
And up in the nursery an ubsurd little bird
Is popping out to say cook-coo cook-coo, cook-coo
Regretfully they tell us cook-coo
But firmly they compell us cook-coo
To say goodbye cook-coo...
To you...

So long farewell, auf weidersehen goodnight
I hate to go and leave this pretty sight
So long farewell, auf weidersehen adieu
Adieu, adieu, to you and you and you
So long farewell, au revior auf weidersehen
I'd like to stay and taste my first champagne

So long farewell, auf weidersehen good-bye
I leave and heave a sigh and say good bye - goodbyyyyyyeeeee!
I'm glad... to go.... I cannot tell a lie
I fleet, I float, I fleetly flee I fly...
The sun... has gone... to bed and so must I...

So long...farewell...auf weidersehen goodbye...

Goodbye...

Goodbye....

Goodbye....

Goodbye...

The thread will still be open for a bit. You can post your mailing updates etc as you wish!

Donnacr
02-02-2014, 11:34 PM
YAY!! I can still go hunting for more trades! So many beautiful cards - so few trades made so far by me.

WOW. . . I started writing this at post #804, press POST and it ends up as #826!!!! :swoon:

I also add my thanks to the wonderful, zany Hosts and participants of this amazing ATART.

I even managed to get my husband to cook for these 3 days - after I put on the slow cooker for 2 meals hmphf
He just forgot that COOKING, also involves CLEANING the kitchen. Ah, well. . . now I have to clean up 3 days of man-cooking mess. My kitchen looks like a bomb went off in it TWICE!!

Just Ducky
02-02-2014, 11:51 PM
What ???? party over ???? well nuts.. sure did wiz by me...

BUT... I just had to do my last ... worked this during watching the Super bowl. .Kitten bowl and Puppy bowl...

just wanting to pull on V:dog:s chain a little... this is fer U kid... just cause I loves ya...

KESagers
02-03-2014, 12:13 AM
Best buds is Budweiser but worth looking up. The Cowboy kid is Doritos created by Doritos fan and winner of the commercial competition.

BekaH
02-03-2014, 12:13 AM
lol, great card ducky!

Just Ducky
02-03-2014, 12:14 AM
Maria... just saw... Hot Toddy Ducky... boy he needs that warm soak.. getting mighty chilly here tonight.... -2f right now and poor duck is still plucked duck.... hope I can glue them feathers back on him in the morning...

thanks Maria and V:dog: for hosting a wonderous marathon...

jonquil
02-03-2014, 12:14 AM
Kristin - I saw that best buds commercial on you tube - absolutely adorable

BekaH
02-03-2014, 12:16 AM
Jonquil, I still owe you a card hun! Better hurry, i only have three left!

jonquil
02-03-2014, 12:18 AM
i am hurrying over to your gallery now

KESagers
02-03-2014, 12:48 AM
My gallery is about empty - thank you for the trades! This marathon has been so much fun - thank you to our hostesses for doing such a wonderful job. I'm soon to go to bed. I hope everyone has a good night tonight. :sleep::sleep:

BekaH
02-03-2014, 01:18 AM
Yes, mine too... I only have two cards left and both are taken, just waiting to see who wants what...

marilou
02-03-2014, 04:23 AM
Congrats Flying Phoenix! Well-deserved!

I finally finished the vampire postcard that Mariloupatch requested in exchange for one of her lovely poppy postcards:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/27852/small/1_g34-vampiress_postcard.jpg

Marilou, is this ok? It's a dictionary page background, distressed with Tim Holtz dye, stamped with an argyle patterned stamp, with a collaged vampiress hanging from the ceiling. I added a few bats to even out the page.

Woww love it!!! Thank you so much. Your Poppies will be mailed by the end of the week. Thanks for trading.

FlyingPhoenix
02-03-2014, 08:27 AM
I've still got cards left if anyone is interested and wants to trade!

This has been such a hoot, and I finally have some momentum to get my PAT cards done (Gr. Nothing like procrastination -.-). But, the Huzbuz and I are heading to my 2nd Dr. Appointment today, and if we're lucky, we may even hear the baby's heartbeat. :jiggy:

marilou
02-03-2014, 08:34 AM
ohhh this will be wonderful Twin-kie!!!

Mouseit
02-03-2014, 08:54 AM
OMG You girls did an amazing job of Hosting, I know how tiring it gets, so take a break and catch your breath and come back to us well rested.

Ducky I was so sorry to hear baout your house, and as someone said check your insurance papers. I hope you find a surprise and come spring I hope you get it all fixed just the way you want it with extra room for crafting...

To Maria and Cathy, Brilliant Job girls! Made for some very funny moments and gave me something to smile about each day..

To all the Artists: Don't hold it against me that I didn't ask for a trade, it wasn't your gorgeous cards it was my slowness to play with things happening in real life.
Your artwork is always inspirational, and I just love to see what you all create.

As I am back at work now, I will have less time to come and play on AFA, until the first rush of the new school year settles, but I will still be here, enjoying what you create and I have to get a move on with some of the swaps I am in. (Than goodness not as many as Maria)

Anyway I just wanted to thank you all for the fun and fabulous time I had with you all....

Me Dah Mouse Queen of all I survey.....

marilou
02-03-2014, 11:24 AM
Finally put all the cards together, finished the backgrounds and the envelopes,
and most of them are ready to mail!
This was a very fun (naughty) atart and I am very grateful to our hostesses
MariaP and velcrodog. Thank you all.

Miss M
02-03-2014, 11:42 AM
Got all the envies, but one, into the mail today! Including the prize card!

Yes, the one remaining envie belongs to V:dog:! Because she was an impertinent Imperial Doggie, calling me Number 2!!! no less, she gets hers last! :biglaugh:

BekaH
02-03-2014, 12:38 PM
wow, those are great twin-kie :)

velcrodog
02-03-2014, 03:01 PM
Just started to get the envies in the mail this morning, but my mail-lady came by early! So, just to let you know.... these are now enroute...

MariaP (envie # 1 of ????)

Donnacr (everything!- taped up good as Maria gets these shredded all the time-curse of the blue snow envelopes-- maybe they melt in the Florida heat???)

Mariloupatch (1 large envie)

I am working on the rest.... blame it on the mail-lady....

KESagers
02-03-2014, 03:09 PM
This is what we woke up to:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_corner-trees-4x6w.jpg

This is what it looked like this morning but it's been snowing a heavy wet snow all day and the color and texture has continued to change. It's pretty in spite of itself.

mcgillisj
02-03-2014, 03:22 PM
Love your art Phoenix177!!! If ever you're up for a trade, let me know! :)

KESagers - yes, our area looks similar. We had a huge dump of snow on Saturday. It's pretty, but shovelling stinks :(

velcrodog
02-03-2014, 03:45 PM
I won't say what I woke up too, for fear of y'all cussing me out!

velcrodog
02-03-2014, 06:39 PM
Well, right now it is 78F.......Sorry!

But, come on down!!!

Kimmie
02-03-2014, 07:07 PM
Beautiful work everyone!! wow!!! wish I had something left to trade with! lol

I mailed some trades out today and the rest I'll mail tomorrow - (except for the ones I owe and am still working on! :) )!!!!

Gosh, my friends, I can't stop checking in on this thread! :eek:

velcrodog
02-03-2014, 07:29 PM
I understand completely.... I want to see more art all the time....

Y'all inspire me!

Miss M
02-03-2014, 07:57 PM
ouch Diane! I ground my meniscus many, many years ago, I can empathize with that. Better to be safe the sorry! I'll keep my fingers crossed it's just a twist (i.e. something easier to heal!) Great groundhog cards BTW!

And yes, athons can be addictive!

velcrodog
02-03-2014, 08:28 PM
Oh, I can't believe I am going to say this but....

Mahārājī of Indiana and Healer of All Injuries...

Mahārājī, Heal thyself!

BekaH
02-03-2014, 08:52 PM
Well, thanks to wonderful V :dog: up there, the majority of my international envies will be going out tomorrow! The rest shouldn't take more than a week to get out! Thanks V!

I say we all load up on a bus and take a trip to V's and go sit on the beach and make some art! Sound good????

miloccpep
02-03-2014, 09:50 PM
3 envies going postal today:
V-rose, Dehh68, and mcgillisj. Wonderful all envie weighs less than 20g!.,

dsign49
02-03-2014, 10:44 PM
Thanks v-dog for the great athon. Made some fabulous trades.

Just wondering if there will be a Valentines weekend athon. Good time to drink wine, eat chocolates and made art. How about an APC one.

Jewels
02-03-2014, 11:59 PM
Wonderful Athon. Valentines weekend would work for me.

My cards are all packed and will go out tomorrow.

dsign49
02-04-2014, 12:20 AM
I will host it if we have enough interested artists.

BekaH
02-04-2014, 12:32 AM
I wouldn't be able to, although I did have a lot of fun with this one, there is way too much going on with me for the rest of February... Well, til after V-Day anyways... V-day weekend will be my weekend with my hubby... Mom will have my daughter, I believe. Any time after that would work... But I do have some swap cards I need to get done... And I can't expect V to be handing me international postage all the time so I'd have to keep my trades to a limit in any future a-thons, though I'd love to participate in another, regardless of how many trades. It was so much fun just to participate in the challenges, and make art like crazy, and see everyone else's fabulous art!

jonquil
02-04-2014, 01:05 AM
Valentines Athon sounds great - I would be in on that

Donnacr
02-04-2014, 01:43 AM
I'm busy this coming weekend but I have nothing planned for the following one - hopefully that will give my husband enough time to forget about the hassles of catering for us during this AThon and he will do it again. :D

My first 11 envelopes are going in the mail today but I still have to complete some other trades (also, I ran out of stamps and so did the Post Office).

jonquil
02-04-2014, 01:57 AM
All my envelopes went in the mail today - thank you all for a fun weekend of creating and laughter - can't wait for the next one

velcrodog
02-04-2014, 02:03 AM
Valentines Day weekend sounds great to me!
I would be able to art then! Go for it Dsign49!

Mouseit
02-04-2014, 05:04 AM
This is what we woke up to:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_corner-trees-4x6w.jpg

This is what it looked like this morning but it's been snowing a heavy wet snow all day and the color and texture has continued to change. It's pretty in spite of itself.

OHHH WOW!!! I so love those snow pictures!!!

Mouseit
02-04-2014, 05:08 AM
My evelopes will be in the mail tomorrow for those of you I did trade with..l watch for your mailmen!!!

marilou
02-04-2014, 05:42 AM
Lovely snow scene, but so lucky I have not to be in it!
Watch out Mousie, mine will be in the mail tomorrow as well, all packed and sealed.
Inbetween trading, laughing etc I was working on my journal age for a life book
and finally scanned it

Mouseit
02-04-2014, 06:05 AM
OH WOW Marilou thats a great page, how big is your journal, I am seriously thinking about starting one for myself....

Ok will be watching the post LOL.

Mouseit
02-04-2014, 06:06 AM
OMG You mean I have to come art "Romantically" in a fortnight?? I am still getting over the last athon......OkOk you talked me into it...LOL

marilou
02-04-2014, 06:49 AM
Thanks Ruth. It is fun. I joined life book 2014
http://willowing.ning.com/group/life-book-2014/forum
Mixed media, but also all kind of tricks to draw and paint or spray. Now I am working on loose pages, but I also have a ART-Book 6" x 8.5" In the book I do my own thingy on the pages I follow the class (more or less :>)

...I can not participate in the next Athon. I am leaving for Belfast in a week (2-12th) till 26th. Parents are abroad, my son in the USA for a conference and my DIL starts to work in Belgium (Gent) again and will go to Belfast on and off for the weekends. Stupid but what can we do? This is a marriage that will not last for long anymore. We will be alone with the kids for 10 days! Looking forward to see and hug the girls again.

Kimmie
02-04-2014, 07:43 AM
marilou, those are some absolutely BEAUTIFUL girls!!! How precious!!!

FlyingPhoenix
02-04-2014, 08:13 AM
Marilou the girls are DARLING! <3

I've thought about getting into an art journal, but I think it'lll have to be after I get through my 100 postcard challenge at the very least.

My Dr. Appointment had to be rescheduled for Wednesday due to an emergency delivery, which disappointed both Huzbee and I. But, it's something to look forawrd to. Still need to package up trades and the likes as I had very little energy and didn't get to the studio last night.

I'd be able to pop in sporadically for a V-Day Athon. I have (potential?) write-night Friday night, and a Euchre date set with my Huzbee, Business partner, and his wife on Saturday.

marilou
02-04-2014, 08:26 AM
thanks everyone...my heart melts everytime I see and hold them.

velcrodog
02-04-2014, 11:22 AM
*Cute Girls!
*I love playing Euchre! But Hand & Foot is my favourite!
*I have a mail-lady-not a mailman-should I watch her or find a mailman to watch?
*I love to LOOK at snow scenes too, but only LOOK, not be in them!
*I pick up old scrapbooks - from the 40's thru 90's - with the heavy paper and use those as an art journals - I can either do the pages completely or adhere smaller works to the pages- but I have learned only use the front of the pages, never the back... and if I hate the cover...then that is my first project!
*I joined the postcard swap.
*Please dsign49 host a Valentines day athon!

And these people have been mailed out this morning...
Dehh68
Smallgirl
MariaP (again)
McGillisJ 2 envies as it is cheaper that way to Canada (? stupid)
Just Ducky
MayaQuilt

and a half dozen other personal swaps I had DURING the athon!

Check out RobCrusades new cards! could kill her for not doing these during the athon! Even though I loved her hat people- got 3 of them! Her "Barkley" cards! Wonderful!!!

Got to go get showered and ready...TODAY IS THE DAY.... I who have been dryerless since BEFORE the Christmas athon... only because I was too depressed to leave the house and buy a new one- my own fault...I am expecting...

WASHER & DRYER DELIVERY
*sometimes between 12 noon and 6 pm*

velcrodog
02-04-2014, 12:00 PM
Always, Dehh68, you never have to commit to a complete time frame of an athon! Otherwise, all of our bladders would burst and/or we would be wearing Mrs. Lady Pants http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGNZGKiMV-E and we would all feel as dry as Mt. Fuji and have Ozawa Industrial Brothers being the friend in our pants!!!

And ditto about "card in hand"!!!

Miss M
02-04-2014, 12:11 PM
Oh yeah!! It always so much better to actually get the cards in your hands. Envies in the mailbox is always fun!

velcrodog
02-04-2014, 12:30 PM
And now everyone had better join Flying Phoenix's Post Card Swap

http://atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27980

As I have just been inspired to make an...

Ozawa Industrial Brothers Mrs. Lady Pants BENEFICIAL Dryness Force Postcard

Now, the big question, Flying Phoenix, do I need to make one to trade AND another one as your hostess card? You will be needing these soon!

KESagers
02-04-2014, 03:12 PM
Valentine's marathon sounds like fun! :)

Miss M
02-04-2014, 03:18 PM
Valentine's athon definitely sounds like fun!

marilou
02-05-2014, 07:45 AM
ALLLLLL envelopes are mailed! Hope they reach you all in good order, especially for Canada :>)))

robcrusade
02-05-2014, 09:20 AM
Mine will be going out on Saturday. Her Velcrodogginess is the only American trade I had...the rest are out of country!

(I hope to snag a bunch of extra air mail stickers. Whee!)

Miss M
02-05-2014, 09:28 AM
ALLLLLL envelopes are mailed! Hope they reach you all in good order, especially for Canada :>)))

LOL! If you didn't put it in a blue envelope with snowflakes, I think you are safe! (As it seems the machines only have an appetite for those!)

marilou
02-05-2014, 12:42 PM
oh great, I kept it simple, plain white (all and only snowflakes :>)

BekaH
02-05-2014, 01:05 PM
Yes, as I too received an eaten snowflake envie from V :P

BekaH
02-05-2014, 01:05 PM
Oh, Check it out guys! I am now "A delightful artist to behold" WOOHOO! :P

BekaH
02-05-2014, 01:06 PM
I think, besides the trades, that is one of the coolest things about the a-thon, the amount of rep points you get and can give! :D

dsign49
02-05-2014, 01:10 PM
Ok we will have a Valentines Week-end a-thon I will have it put on the
calendar of schedule media athon and next week I will put the offical site on.

Thanks for all the interest. Does anyone want to help?

velcrodog
02-05-2014, 02:37 PM
YEAH!!!!!!!! Thank you so much DSIGN49. *I will not OFFER to help. Because I always take too much on at once and right now am just going crazy trying to get these 100 ATCs out... and most of them have gone now! Plus, I still have a few people I owe cards to that I am still waiting for them to 'cure' as it is humid here and it is taking a bit. And the darn mail lady came early today. And as I pm'ed you dsign49 YOU almost got someone else's naked men! :confused: and I don't think you would have liked that, or maybe you would.... who am I to judge?

Today I only got out
RobCrusade (if there is postage due, I put a couple extra stamps inside)

***and can I say, RobCrusade, that I love your work and I am so glad you joined us for this athon, you have a wonderfully quirky sense of humor (humour) that I just love! And I will call you 'Q', not by your first and middle name! (inside joke)

MariaP (again, it will never stop!)

That's all I managed till that darn mail-lady came early!!! More to go out tomorrow!!!

* But I will help keep up the thread !!

Mouseit
02-05-2014, 03:42 PM
Vampiress, don't forget cards you receive in an athon are classed as a trade so you should leave itraders for your received cards along with the HUGE amount of rep points you can get and give...LOL

RobC, *smirks* I picked up some "Sea Mail" stickers from our post office yesterday, they were just in the container for the "air Mail" stickers and green instead of blue so I asked if I could have some to "Art" them.. LOL

So tired with being back at work this week, who ever thought you could fall out of practice....

Ohhh and we have our first success Tasmanian ATC swap swapped out, Its one we are running here for Australians.... And we have had 2 more ladies want to join, so I am ecstatic! (We found that a lot of Australian swaps are closing down so we decided to run one for 12 months to see how it goes)

Now I just have to get my 4 swaps out in the mail real quick so they meet the deadline for postage to the hostesses.....

Arrr well off to start my day properly!!

BekaH
02-05-2014, 07:41 PM
Got it :D

Mouseit
02-06-2014, 03:27 AM
Told you - you were clever and a quick learner.:wubclub:..LOL

FlyingPhoenix
02-06-2014, 08:12 AM
JUST got around to watching the video (It's been...a week. -.-) and Oh my! That made me laugh! Thanks for that!
V:dog: Do what you wish! Glad I still have my bladder of steel - I'm such a camel. (I know, I know...wait a few months....XD)

KESagers
02-06-2014, 01:13 PM
How is everyone doing with this ice storm? We did not lose power and are OK.

velcrodog
02-06-2014, 01:20 PM
I am doing quite well with the ice storm....

I hope all is well with y'all. I remember ice storms well. When we lived in Lewiston, Michigan there was this 88 year old lady who lived down the road. She would call my mom and say "Fill up your tub, hon, it's comin'." Mom never questioned her, (she grew up in Manitoba, Canada and was use to "feelings") she just filled the tub up and all the jugs around the house with water... sure enough, always a big ice storm and no power. Hope y'all filled up your tubs!!! (flushing toilets is VERY important!!!)

Mail lady is not here yet... still filling envies....

KESagers
02-06-2014, 01:43 PM
Kindred spirit - our tub is filled with buckets full of water. :geek: (Ever since the deep freeze and pipes have been bursting around us)

velcrodog
02-06-2014, 02:57 PM
Mail lady got here at 12:30pm, sneaky wench! Brought me a blue snowflake envie from Marie (experiment) it was intact. AND she brought me BACK - TWO Blue snowflake envies that were shredded & in plastic bags (yes, Maria, one was yours), they couldn't read the recipients names only my return addy. So from now on I will be taping the heck out of the blue snowflake envies... I will use clear packing tape over them - don't hate me, just shake the contents down and cut the edge with a pair of scissors! Sorry, but I have (Maria are you ready for this) 150 of these left! I got them at Staples or Office Depot after Christmas 2012 for .99 for 50! I think the problem must be in my post office as Maria's made it here perfectly.

Trades I got out today...
1. Decals Gal
2. Maria P (more)
3. Dsign49
5. Vampiress Rose
6. Miriam A

and I think that is it... Will get those ripped envies back in the post tomorrow...

FYI These are the EXACT envelopes..... DON'T BUY THEM or DON'T USE THE LUTZ POST OFFICE... it has to be one or the other..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/111268319409?lpid=82

Miss M
02-06-2014, 03:25 PM
doh! Well, I think we've determined it's NOT the envies, cus the one I sent you survived! LOL hmmmm, maybe your post lady is secretly getting back at you....

velcrodog
02-06-2014, 05:30 PM
I always send my postage with commemorative stamps! My dad was a stamp collector!!! I would love a bunch of different postage... Oh, BTW, I have started to buy my postage online.... they have ALL the commemorative stamps there and there's no waiting in line. I love it...

https://store.usps.com/store/browse/category.jsp?categoryId=catBuyStamps&categoryNavIds=catBuyStamps

I always save my stamps so if anyone wants to put commemorative stamps on my letters I will appreciate it.

velcrodog
02-06-2014, 05:55 PM
Good, so send me fun ones and I will send you fun ones... Did you see the modern art stamps???? Gorgeous!!!!!

KESagers
02-06-2014, 06:39 PM
I save my stamps also. :)

We've only been in this house 6 years so we weren't sure how things were going to go with the below freezing temps but we did fine. Our little house is pretty tight and we've had our contractor and repair people traipsing through it every year since we've moved in trying to keep up with repairs etc. Several years we've had trees culled from the yard and since we have 80 foot oaks it has paid off - we have survived hurricanes and ice storms without problem.

Donnacr
02-06-2014, 09:47 PM
velcrodog - I popped in to the link for the envelopes and the first thing I saw IN BIG RED WRITING was "Does not ship to Indonesia". Now I feel picked on :(
dehh68 - I save all the stamps that I get (even the 'boring' ones, as they can be used in unusual ways) so I would LOVE to have a selection of stamps, thanks

I have men here replacing outside doors (and the window in the bedroom) that have been eaten by termites. The glass in the window was only held in by the sloppy paint job that had been done before we moved in. I am getting high on the fumes from all the painting, spraying, etc but have nowhere to go as the weather is so hot (over 30C or 86F by 9am) AND humid.

I have never lived anywhere that got cold enough to burst pipes - growing up our regular fear was the Summer bushfires. The weather reports here say that the US has not finished its weird snow weather yet - my best wishes for all those concerned.

velcrodog
02-06-2014, 10:33 PM
I am sorry Donnacr.... but I ship to Indonesia! If you are getting high on the fumes NOW is the time to do art....The poem Kubla Khan is the first thing that pops to mind when I think of Art done high.... (Opium induced dream - got up and started writing the poem - bill collector knocked on the door - poem was never finished...) HURRY DO ART!

I also have a bunch of old unused stamps from the 60's that my mom had... a couple sheets of these that are errors, but then they produced all the stamps like that to make them virtually worthless....

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Stamp_US_1962_4c_Dag_Hammarskjold_invert.jpg

and bunches of others... I traded her a sheet of international stamps for them, but I don't want to just send them to someone who won't appreciate them.

Just Ducky
02-07-2014, 12:08 AM
oh dear... today I got this envelope from V:dog: ... now it came completely in tack...
but a personal note to...... V.... sorry but the cat ???? it's a MIRACLE... you sent a dead cat...?? well the cat is not in the envelope... I have no idea when he broke out, but he did leave behind a tiny bit of used litter and a half eaten sardine...

so all you other gals that made trade with this V:dog: check your envelope ,maybe the dead cat was put in YOUR envie......
:duck::duck::duck::huh::duck::D:laugh::laugh:

Just Ducky
02-07-2014, 12:16 AM
what ???? we having a Valentine thon .... super.. but dang, I already made a couple...
anyone want a (early) Valentine ????

so now I won't put my heart stuff away...

and Jill..... if you wanting a co-host, me and ducks are available if you like...

miloccpep
02-07-2014, 01:00 AM
Ducky, I like the 'Blooming Heart'. Still available?

Mouseit
02-07-2014, 01:11 AM
What ? Someone giving away Stamps??? (PUTS HAND UP) I'll have some, I have collected for years and use stamps in a lot of my art....

We are like Donna scared of Bush fires... Not a frozen pipe anywhere here..............Always wanted a white christmas though.....

velcrodog
02-07-2014, 01:20 AM
Not giving away....using old stamps, unused, for postage....i have some Project Mercury 4cent stamps too...

But i don't want to send them where they would get thrown in the trash....

miloccpep
02-07-2014, 01:38 AM
I know for sure I would not be throwing away any stamps - postage or otherwise!
I take pain to use as many variety on an envie when I mail my cards unless I am out of stamps, then I would use a single one to make up the amount.

marilou
02-07-2014, 02:49 AM
I just LOVE stamps and have a huge collection. Unfortunately my country does not make a lot of them. They are stuck with the same for some time and then change...would love special ones never they go into the bin!

Mouseit
02-07-2014, 03:04 AM
Marilou wish I had of known that - I have duplicates I could have shared with you.. we tend to have some really nice stamps....

marilou
02-07-2014, 03:46 AM
Thanks Mousie...there will be other occasions when we will trade, I am sure of that!

Mouseit
02-07-2014, 04:41 AM
Well you will have to remind me when the time comes Marilou.

marilou
02-07-2014, 07:11 AM
Mailman arrived with my first cards from the Atart!!!! Maria you're first, thank you for the wonderful cards and the blancs. Will be put into good use.
Been working all yesterday afternoon and all morning to the week 6 class and this is the result:

velcrodog
02-07-2014, 09:38 AM
Okay Ducky, and everyone getting my snowflake blue envies for the next 150 trades,

The postal sorting machines ARE

THE DEVILS TOOL!!!!
They bring dead cats back from the dead so we have zombie cats!!! Great....

FlyingPhoenix
02-07-2014, 10:16 AM
...a necromancer who has a vendetta of blue snowflakes and kittens must be either stuck in the mail machines or living at your post office.

(Jk) This week has been terrible on my end. I'm hoping I can get everything out on Saturday after a run to the post office. I've been a cancelled stamp collecter since I was a child, and love seeing them! I won't be able to make it to the post office today because my mother had urgent surgury and I need to go visit her. She seems to be doing well, thankfully. I'm just sorry it's taking me so long to get everything out! >.<

velcrodog
02-07-2014, 11:07 AM
Don't worry about getting anything of mine out for a while... I don't care. Life happens and it is okay, I am sure everyone else will understand too. Sit down, take a breath, and leave us on the back burner. We are alright waiting, you need to take care of your mom. Don't rush!

Miss M
02-07-2014, 12:03 PM
Absolutely Heather! Family first, the trades won't go bad b/c it takes you a few days extra to make it to a post office! :)

KESagers
02-07-2014, 02:23 PM
I try to put different stamps on my envies but with the change in postage I'm in a bit of a rut for my internationals - trying to save money so I'm using the forever stamps for awhile - sorry. (Though I really like that world stamp!) Some times meter strips are inevitable if I'm in a rush or uncertain about postage - but I try get cool stamps when I can.

dsign49
02-07-2014, 03:24 PM
I got mine in the mail today.

velcrodog
02-07-2014, 05:19 PM
As I read this thread, I just love how some of us are still holding on (tightly!!!) to our titles! I like to play dress up!!!! Didn't get ANY athon trades in the mail today.... Miserable weather here.... enjoy my pain!

Tomorrow it's off to STAMPFEST BY THE BAY

https://www.stampfest.com/proddetail.asp?prod=SFBTBREG

it should be fun!

velcrodog
02-07-2014, 05:42 PM
Did I abandon mine???? NOOOOOO! and I am not going to !!!! I kinda like it!

Donnacr
02-08-2014, 05:53 AM
mariloupatch - I can't rep you at the moment so I will have to say - that your week 6 creation is beautiful! I liked it as a thumbnail but when I enlarged it there were so many more details to be seen - very nice work!

velcrodog - I am very jealous! that stampfest sounds great! did you take any classes or just go on a spending spree (after all, you had all that money you saved on your washer and drier :biglaugh:)

on stamps - my grandfather was a SERIOUS philatelist - he financed 2 round-the-world cruises for grandma and himself by selling just a few of his stamps. We were all taught to treat stamps with respect and for our 13th birthdays were given a starter collection on the topic of our choice. I have been fascinated by stamps and their designs ever since.

on titles - I think that we should keep our titles at least until the next ATART - we may earn a different title during it.

Mouseit
02-08-2014, 09:11 AM
Darn it I have changed out my crown already......

velcrodog
02-08-2014, 08:02 PM
Oh! The stampfest by the bay was wonderful!!!!!!! I don't want to spoil the surprise, but the next few of the blue snowflake envies.... which Maria thinks are a piece of crappola....will now have a new look befitting them. I had too much fun today! I love the stamps and the different companies there!

My favorites were...

1. http://www.agwstamps.com/

2. http://www.lost-coast-designs.com/

3. http://www.toomuchfunrubberstamps.com/

I know I spent WAY tooo much!

And then I went to my favorite paper/art store Scraps of Art in Seminole, FL and my FULL set of 96 Tombow markers finally came in! I am on cloud nine!!!

Miss M
02-08-2014, 08:29 PM
wow that sounds like fun! I only went to Michael's today! :sad:

dsign49
02-08-2014, 09:09 PM
Just Ducky is helping with the a-thon. Is there anyone on the other side of the world that is playing that would like to help also.

Just Ducky
02-08-2014, 09:41 PM
yea, Jill... get that mousie mouse...

come on Mousie... we need a UNDer hostess...

Miss M
02-08-2014, 10:16 PM
Dehh68...the good acrylics paints were on sale, and with the 20% of all sale items made it a really good price! LOL And then just clearance items I pick up..odds and ends! LOL

Mouseit
02-08-2014, 10:25 PM
yea, Jill... get that mousie mouse...

come on Mousie... we need a UNDer hostess...

WEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLL I don't know... whats the sore so far???

How much work do I have to do???

Here's the deal if I get all my cards up to date that I need to have in the mail this Monday for them to arrive on time...I MIGHT .. MIGHT give you a hand hosting....
Is that ok with you Dsign49 and Ducky????

MIGHT... gotta get me some work done first!

Just Ducky
02-08-2014, 10:40 PM
no work mousie... just sit and look cute... and keep a eye on that doggie person...
you will be our eyes and ears while me and Jill are sleeping... lol.

Miss M
02-08-2014, 10:50 PM
um, Ducky, I hate to tell ya, but keeping an eye on that doggie-person is actually work! Take it from one who knows! :biglaugh:

Mouseit
02-08-2014, 10:54 PM
LOL I spose I can do it then.... because I am half way through my lighthouses and then I have Ummm St Pats day I think.../

dsign49
02-09-2014, 05:21 PM
Mouseit will you help us with the thread?

Mouseit
02-10-2014, 12:58 AM
Mouseit will you help us with the thread?

Design49 Seems like I have been roped in for it..LOL And I am happy to keep the flow of chat etc going in my awake time....

You will have to let me know what you are planning etc, and if your thread is up yet etc....

velcrodog
02-10-2014, 01:19 AM
What are you talking about keeping an eye on me???!!! I am no trouble at all.

Mouseit
02-10-2014, 04:33 AM
I got my glasses on and I am watching you.....I have been told I have to control you so I got a leather collar and a lesh.. heehee ALL READY....

marilou
02-10-2014, 06:52 AM
2 beautiful envelopes arrived this morning, thanks to Lisa and V-dog!

dsign49
02-10-2014, 01:18 PM
I posted the official thread. I have extended it through Monday, as Monday is Presidents Day. Hoping this will let people who work and have the day off will play longer.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1529509#post1529509

velcrodog
02-10-2014, 03:24 PM
Thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!!!

(A LEASH!!!!!)

Miss M
02-10-2014, 03:27 PM
MariaP...thanks for the envie of fun postage along with the awesome ATC. Not sure what that critter is on the envie postage, be he looks allot like a groundhog! :-)

There's a critter on the postage? :confused: LOL, I guess I'm too used to looking at the stamps to really notice! LOL Hmmm, must be a beaver! But if you want him to be a ground hog, than by all means!

prayer_at_night
02-10-2014, 03:55 PM
Hey guys!
Sorry I disappeared half-way through the a-thon... :embarrassed:
I had a little private crisis thingie that is resolved now, thank goodness, but I just couldn't take the time to read all you have written. :chatterbox:
I hope you had an awesome rest a-thon! :wubclub:

Also, my Spanish exam was awesometastic! (Even though I never made a single Lotera card... will do that later!) Don't have the results yet but I'd say I did really well. :geek: (Haven't felt this good after an exam in quite some time - it feels good! :biglaugh: )

And: yay, Valentine's a-thon! <3 I hope I can play with you lot again, then. :wubclub:

Miss M
02-10-2014, 05:17 PM
prayer_at_night, glad to have you back and good to hear everything is worked out! Yay on the spanish exam!

Miss M
02-10-2014, 08:24 PM
This would have been the PERFECT opportunity to brag about how you coordinated your postage to go with the theme of the athon. LOL I was oh-so impressed...until you ruined it by coming clean. :biglaugh: I am still gonna call him a groundhog.

Oh sorry! Here...

Dehh68 I totally picked out a stamp that had a groundhog on it! Just for you!

(is that better?)