PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL Backwards to Groundhog Day ATART athon (Jan31-Feb2,2014)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Miss M
01-27-2014, 09:56 PM
Welcome to the Official Backwards to Groundhog Day ATART athon!

Hosted by your very own Imperial Velcrodog and Her Mighty and Exalted Highness, Empress, Goddess of Dune, MariaP!

(What? We like playing dress up! Feel free to give yourselves titles too....or if you are brave, you can always ask the Imperial Velcrodoggie for one! Where do you think I got mine?! )

Make sure you read the first three posts! I couldn't fit all the details into one post!:biglaugh:

Weíre going to do something wild and wacky, and maybe a little crazy! We want everyone to start and finish the athon AT THE SAME TIME! Yes, so we are running the athon on GMT!

Everyone will start on January 31, 2014 12:00AM GMT, and weíll all finish on February 2, 2014 11:59PM GMT!

So hereís a list of some major cities around the world, and what the equivalent to Jan 31 12:00 AM GMT is!

Wellington (New Zealand) Friday, January 31, 2014 at 1 PM
Hobart (Australia - Tasmania) Friday, January 31, 2014 at 11 AM
Sydney (Australia - New South Wales) Friday, January 31, 2014 at 11AM
Balikpapan (Indonesia - East Kalimantan) Friday, January 31, 2014 at 8AM
Singapore (Singapore) Friday, January 31, 2014 at 8AM
Helsinki (Finland) Friday, January 31, 2014 at 2AM
Amsterdam (Netherlands) Friday, January 31, 2014 at 1AM
Berlin (Germany - Berlin) Friday, January 31, 2014 at 1AM
Brussels (Belgium) Friday, January 31, 2014 at 1AM
London (United Kingdom - England) Friday, January 31, 2014 at 12AM
Toronto (Canada - Ontario) Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 7 PM
Vancouver (Canada - British Columbia) Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 4 PM
Seattle (U.S.A. - Washington) Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 4 PM
Phoenix (U.S.A. - Arizona) Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 5 PM
Denver (U.S.A. - Colorado) Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 5 PM
Chicago (U.S.A. - Illinois) Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 6 PM
Minneapolis (U.S.A. - Minnesota) Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 6 PM
Milwaukee (U.S.A. - Wisconsin) Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 6 PM
Chicago (U.S.A. - Illinois) Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 6 PM
Newark (U.S.A. - New Jersey) Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 7 PM
Indianapolis (U.S.A. - Indiana) Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 7 PM
Kansas City (U.S.A. - Missouri) Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 6 PM
Nashville (U.S.A. - Tennessee) Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 6 PM
Bismarck (U.S.A. - North Dakota) Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 6 PM
Raleigh (U.S.A. - North Carolina) Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 7 PM
Philadelphia (U.S.A. - Pennsylvania) Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 7 PM
Detroit (U.S.A. - Michigan) Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 7 PM
Richmond (U.S.A. - Virginia) Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 7 PM

If Iíve missed your city, you can always use this website to convert GMT time to your own!
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

Official Backwards to Groundhog Day ATART Athon Program

During this athon we will make and trade ATCs, APCs, chunky pages, 4x6ís, inchies, twinchies, charms, jewelry, art dolls, skinny pages, journal pages, tags, rolos, arches, post cards... or whatever your heart desires! All mediums and styles are welcome!

Day 1 Program: Backwards Day! Inspire your Heart with Art Day! Chinese New Year!

We will do the unheard of, the unthinkable, and the improbable! We WILL celebrate all three, in one day, on this thread!

Inspire your Heart ...well art is the point, ainít it?...check!

Backwards....well, here are some suggestions...check!
- Wake up on the right side of the bed
- Make upside down art
- Post your art upside down (then it may actually be right side up...or not!)
- Have breakfast for dinner, and dinner for breakfast!
- Address people by their last names
And there are many more helpful suggestions if you just search google for ďHow to Celebrate Backwards DayĒ

Chinese New Year ...Fortune-Cookie Bar!...check!
What is a Fortune-Cookie Bar, you ask? Well, let me tell you! Offer up a card in trade to our cookie-maker (aka Imperial Velcrodog...a doggie of many talents!) for you very own Fortune-Cookie ATC! Please make sure you can "pay" for your fortune-cookie when you order, as we don't want the triads coming after you to collect!

Day 2 Program: Arting Naked Day!
That's right, art naked! (Technically Feb 1 is "Working Naked Day" but we are taking artistic license!)

Velcrodog will be visiting local nudist colonies and reporting back to us! She will visit Lake Como, Paradise Lakes, Riverboat, Calliente and educate us all on the art of nude bowling!

Remember, you can still produce whatever art you like, you donít have to always stick with the daily theme!

However, if you do wish to art nude people (and/or nude body parts), please be aware of the forumís policies about nudity, artwork and open forums. Please make sure your art conforms to it. We donít want to give the admins extra work! http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/faq.php?faq=faq_service#faq_nude

Cash Bar!
Offer up a card in trade to our bartender, for a custom HD drink ATC! If you canít pay" for your drink when you order, this guy http://i38.tinypic.com/14iljdi.jpg might be showing up at your door to collect! Nobody wants that! Well, except maybe for the Aussies, they were actually looking forward to Duchess Marilouís first batch of Chippendales...

Day 3 Program: Groundhog Day! (unless of course you are in Alaska, then Happy Marmot Day!) AND ARTING NAKED DAY EXTENDED!! (Itís the day that keeps repeating itself! Mwahahahaha....now we have you...youíll never be free of this athon!)

So how Groundhog Day works, for those that aren't familiar, when the groundhog comes out of his hole, if he doesnít see his shadow we have early spring. If the does see his shadow (and is frightened back into his hole) we have 6 more weeks of winter!

Itís the Battle of the Groundhogs! Punxsutawney Phil vs Wiarton Willie! Which groundhog will predict correctly? Will they both predict the same outcome? We will keep you updated!
http://www.groundhog.org/
http://www.visitwiarton.ca/profile/wiarton-willie-festival/959/

Donít forget to nab some Groundhog Snarkies as they only come out once a year!

Miss M
01-27-2014, 09:57 PM
Challenge Prize
At the end of the athon, one lucky winner will receive this commemorative post card!

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/28590/large/1_challengePrize.jpg

This is a depiction of Dune in winter. The Empress <ahem> and the Imperial Dog are hunting for groundhogs. In the background you see the Sacred Spring Tree on the Isle of Spring...a place winter never touches! And of course they have a huge celebration for Chinese New Year! She always rides her trusted horse backwards..and well, yes, in the nude! (except for the headdress, that she never takes off...ever)

How do you win this prize, you ask? Very simple! For every challenge you complete (challenges are listed below), will you get your name placed in a hat (actually it will probably be a bowl), and at the end we will draw from all the names and award the prize! So you have up to 3 chances to win!

Challenges are optional, you are free to post whatever art you wish, but to enter the draw you need to complete at least one piece of art that satisfies a challenge theme.

Day 1 Challenge:
Post art in honour of the Chinese New Year! It can be anything related to Chinese New Year and/or the Year of the Horse! Please remember to identify your challenge entry so we donít accidentally miss it.

Day 2 Challenge:
Post art that celebrates Arting Naked Day! Now, if you are thinking your only option is to draw nude people, you ainít using your creativity!

However, if you do wish to art nude people (and/or nude body parts), please be aware of the forumís policies about nudity, artwork and open forums. Please make sure your art conforms to it. We donít want to give the admins extra work! http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/faq....rvice#faq_nude (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/faq.php?faq=faq_service#faq_nude)
Remember to identify your challenge entry so we donít accidentally miss it.

Day 3 Challenge: Since ARTING NAKED DAY has been extended, Day 2 challenge also applies to Day 3! (so you have a choice of either)
Post art depicting groundhogs or Groundhog Day festivities! Please remember to identify your challenge entry so we donít accidentally miss it.

Miss M
01-27-2014, 09:57 PM
What is an ATART athon?
Itís an All-Types-of-ART marathon open to everyone and every kind of level and types of art! You create, create, create...and create some more, as much or as little art as your heart desires. This thread is our art room where we share our creations with other and chat the hours away! And of course, trade!

How it works:
When the athon officially starts, you start creating your art. You can pre-prepare backgrounds and cut things out in advance of the start time, however, you put it all together and finish the art during the athon period. When you are ready to share your fabulous pieces of art, you will upload them to your athon gallery.

Do you have to use your athon gallery? No, but it makes it much easier for others to see what you have to trade when they can just look through your gallery!

How to post your art to the thread:
To link a picture from your athon gallery into a post:
Using Mozilla and Chrome http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?p=632079#post632079
Using Internet Explorer http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showpost.php?p=26245&postcount=8

As an attachment (i.e. a file from your computer):
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showpost.php?p=24163&postcount=2

From a flickr account:
In your post, click on the link that has the little "globe", and add the address of your Flickr page

Want to compliment an artist?
And you willÖ remember you can click the You Rock button and leave it there. In fact, feel free to give out You Rock (with fun and wonderful comments) indiscriminately, every opportunity you get! See, because itís the rep others give to you, where you acquire cool titles like ďATC Rock StarĒ and ďGrand PoobahĒ! Yes, you too can be a Grand Poobah!

How to ask for a trade:
When you find a piece of art you would like to trade for, please SEND A PERSONAL MESSAGE (PM) to that person asking for a trade. Please DO NOT post requests for trades to the thread. It can get way too confusing.

When you make a trade:
Go back to your picture in your gallery, and youíre going to want to flip it into the appropriate ATC/Mail Art ďTradedĒ gallery. http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/faq.php?faq=faq_gallery#faq_faq_move_image
This makes it easier for everyone to know what you still have left to trade!

Please be sure to send to your trade partner within two weeks of the end of the athon. If youíre running late, communicate! When you receive your trade, you will leave your trade partner an iTrader point for the trade. One iTrader point per trade, regardless of how many cards came in the envelope. REMEMBER TO PUT YOUR USERNAME ON THE BACK OF YOUR CARDS. You can't get an iTrader if your trading partner doesn't know who you are.

At the end of the athon:
And cards that you still have left in your athon gallery should be either deleted, or moved to your ATCs/Mail Art for Trade gallery. Itís just a nice little housekeeping detail, so that the next athon has a clean gallery to play in.

NEW TO ATHONS? If you have any questions at all, feel free to PM the hostesses or post your questions to the thread. Somebody is bound to have an answer for you!

TIPS & TRICKS
1) Number your pieces of art. Itís much easier to track and trade by number.
2) Some players use their comment fields to track the trade. They write in ďTraded to <username>Ē
3) Some players use a spread sheet to help track their trades, something like this:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/28590/large/1_spreadsheet.jpg
4) You control how many trades you want by controlling the number of cards you post. If you have trading limitations or requirements (e.g. trade within US only) itís better to be upfront about that when you post your art, so there are no misunderstandings. Also be aware some players prefer to trade multiples. One option is you may wish to add the info to your signature for the course of the athon.

Mouseit
01-27-2014, 10:03 PM
Omg finally meeeeeeee first....whoohoooo

Miss M
01-27-2014, 10:44 PM
Yes, Mousie, you are first....:biglaugh:

FlyingPhoenix
01-27-2014, 10:45 PM
Hehehe...looks like I'm going to be snowed in again. Here's hoping I can do all of the challenges for a chance of that A-FREAKING-MAZING postcard!

Miss M
01-27-2014, 10:45 PM
Hey Twin-kie, you found us!

FlyingPhoenix
01-27-2014, 10:46 PM
Of Course! :D

Mouseit
01-27-2014, 10:54 PM
The fun begins.....lol

mcgillisj
01-28-2014, 12:08 AM
Me me me me me!!!!! Please please please please please!!!! Oh and Maria....I SOOOOO want a shot at your awesome card!! :)

jonquil
01-28-2014, 02:06 AM
that post card is awesome!!!! - off to think of some ideas

velcrodog
01-28-2014, 02:38 AM
OMG!!!! It's almost here!!!!!!

Cathy1
01-28-2014, 02:41 AM
Oh WOW Maria, now that I know what a Groundhog is I really really want him.......off to organise my supplies for the athon so I can do the challenges and other cards as well. Do you make pets of Groundhogs or feed them when they pop up in your garden or are they wild???

velcrodog
01-28-2014, 03:02 AM
nope, you don't have to feed them as they will devour your entire garden! They are a rodent and a pest to most people, groundhogs aka woodchucks, are not a gardeners friend!

marilou
01-28-2014, 03:50 AM
What a wonderful card.
Chinese New Year, not well known over here, and horses :no: not my dada.
Wonder what the surprise challenge will be. The empress does not like to be forced into a challenge :biglaugh: she does it her way, naked or not.
Ducky I LOVE your card. Wonderful!
I can not get my hands 100% clean, full of ink from my backgrounds. Just love to play with the Dylusion inks, such great colours. Off to the hairdresser first, and then back home...to art.

Mouseit
01-28-2014, 05:57 AM
Oh new hairstyles now for the athon how cute.

ARE WE READY.......

marilou
01-28-2014, 07:30 AM
........YES WE ARE!

Miss M
01-28-2014, 09:38 AM
Awesomesauce! We are very much looking forward to letting the games begin too!

Mouseit
01-28-2014, 10:02 AM
AND me having to fly on Friday........I miss the first day!!!

velcrodog
01-28-2014, 10:52 AM
check it out again Mouseit... Your first day is on Friday, but NOT till what mid-day.... what time is your flight? You can art on the flight like I did!!!!!

velcrodog
01-28-2014, 11:20 AM
I can't wait getting ready for it! excited! This is going to be better than sex and chocolate at the same time!! (Okay, so we all know I'm exaggerating, but it will be fun!)
Look out! I am ready! Fortune (well, not so much of a fortune on your world - but in mine they are Words of Wisdom Cookies!) Cookies READY to go.... I have already been to see the 1,085 year old Tibetan Wise Man who lives in the highest peaks of the Mountains of Tibet. The journey was perilous, I lost a little toe to the cold, almost died in an avalanche and the Sherpa kicked me more than once (why would you kick a poor dog) (okay, he did have some great eats in his pack) but! I did see the Wise Man and he bestowed the scroll of the Ancients with the words of wisdom that I will be passing on to you in these Fortune (Words of Wisdom) Cookies, to be referred to as WOW Cookies, and not to be confused with World of Warcraft Cookies.... those are TOTALLY different! BTW, The Wise Old Man of the Mountain kicked the dog too, I just wanted to try a little of his butter tea.... I don't get the deal with "DOG GERMS!"

velcrodog
01-28-2014, 11:21 AM
Yep! It has started.... I am talking out of my butt already...............

velcrodog
01-28-2014, 11:23 AM
I am seeing other things besides your title under your names.... Does anyone need a title for the athon. Let me know and I will give you one (or just pick your own, I'm easy!")

Also, just an FYI, I will periodically be giving out royal "bones" for wonderful posts... It will be at my discretion, in other words, you never know what will float my boat. So post away! And come the athon time, if you post something that tickles my fancy, a card that I just laugh till I cry down my legs, or I just feel like it - YOU might get a handmade ATC arch blank or a 4x6 arch blank or maybe I WILL make royal bone blanks....

marilou
01-28-2014, 11:30 AM
V-Rose, do you think your daughter would like this Birthday ATC?
If it is ok, please PM me your address, I will get it in the mail asap.

Miss M
01-28-2014, 11:32 AM
yay! the other Twin-kie found us and has new art supplies!

Let's see, we have our Duchess Marilou (and we'll find out if she's brought her chippendales with her!), Mousies, Twin-kie Tsarevinas...who did I miss? oh, yes Imperial V:dog:ggies! Woohoo!

And yes, I can see there are a few without titles yet....:biglaugh:

Hey, V-:dog: does Mouseit have her new title yet?

marilou
01-28-2014, 11:34 AM
What about Mighty Mouse?:biglaugh:

dsign49
01-28-2014, 11:38 AM
I need a break...I've been busy crocheting boot cuffs and now I am in the art of sewing mittens.
So this week end I want to do some art. so I will be hear.
Love the post card.

mcgillisj
01-28-2014, 01:20 PM
I'd like a title please, V-dog!

Miss M
01-28-2014, 01:28 PM
nice handiwork dsign49! welcome to the party!

Just Ducky
01-28-2014, 02:01 PM
wow cool and lookie we ARE starting together this marathon... and wow-cool.. using GMT
now that is way cool... oh sheesss... now I all cold again where's my blankie....

ya all can find a Ducky title ??

mcgillisj
01-28-2014, 02:31 PM
I adore your mittens, dsign49!!

KESagers
01-28-2014, 02:54 PM
What a fun idea to start at the same time! :)

BekaH
01-28-2014, 03:29 PM
I need a title, V :dog:!

And Marilou, she will LOVE that! Sooo cute! I will pm you :)

I'm excited, everything sounds like a lot of fun, (I predict I will be drawing), and I LOVE that post card! <3

dsign49
01-28-2014, 03:44 PM
Thanks mcgillis. We need them up here. It has been so cold. Then it get warm and makes is so I just stay inside.

dsign49
01-28-2014, 03:45 PM
How about a title for me?

Mouseit
01-28-2014, 06:03 PM
Vdoggie OMG you are right, at midnight Friday I will be home, probably so tired I will be worth no much.....lol

This little mouse is not so mighty, so lady Mousie will be fine, I'd like a lot of other Ladies to play with velcro doggie please...lol

oh oh huh Phoenix glad you have extra supplies in, makes it worth while if you get time and product.

I see ducky has supplied Nancy with a blanket, I hope you are keeping warm, and not looking toes like the doggie.

wow cookies...I really like that, and think I might have to get myself one... hee hee...

oof to take the girls to school now, some shopping, some cleaning, then I might do some thing for me.....lol

Mouseit
01-28-2014, 06:05 PM
Then again i could do with " Her Royal Artest Mousie" as a title....lol

robcrusade
01-28-2014, 07:10 PM
Ok, so I'm still a little confused, but I've been told by several people I should do this so...gonna try.

complicious
01-28-2014, 07:18 PM
Punxsy Phil 4 Evah! Just sayin'.

Mouseit
01-28-2014, 07:29 PM
Welcome Robcrusade, is this your 1st athon? If so get ready for the fun. READ ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS and above all else enjoy yourself and keep good records of trades...lol

BekaH
01-28-2014, 07:48 PM
Hope everyone is having a good day!

Still awaiting our titles, V :dog:!

So far we've accumulated about 3 inches of snow here, and it's still coming down. It is 6:47 pm, and it's supposed to keep coming down til 1 am... So if that's true, we will probably end up with 4 inches, or more...

GO AWAY WINTER! I'm ready for Spring, but secretly, I think the snow is beautiful.

velcrodog
01-28-2014, 08:30 PM
Okay, You asked for it

Dehh68 you are from India(na) so, your title will be

Dehh68 the MahārājŮī of Indiana and Healer of All Injuries
(you will have to copy and paste that to get all the doodly things)

Josie, due to a mistake early on in our friendship, on my part, when I thought your name was Jose, you will be

McGillisJ, Duquesa of Moctezuma de Tultengo.

Ah, Ducky.... hmmm, your title shall be

Just Ducky, Dauphine of France & Michigan & purveyor of all Cold Duck.

Vampiress Rose, you shall be

Vampiress Rose, Princess of Wallachia, Most Esteemed Member of the House of Drăculești
and again copy and paste to get all the little doodly things

Dsign49 your title shall be...

Dsign49 Grandess Datu of Dakotas, & All Things Freezing Cold

Mouseit you can either stick with the title you have given yourself or go with...

Mouseit the First, Chiefess of the Royal Truganini Society of Tasmanian Rodents

If you wish to tweak the title feel free! It's dress up!!!!!

Now, feel free to use these titles under your name like Maria & I are... this is just big girls dress up

Robcusade & Complicious are you ready for titles? Who else needs a title?

velcrodog
01-28-2014, 08:31 PM
There you go! Titles!!! Did I miss anyone?

Cathy1
01-28-2014, 08:33 PM
Laughed my socks off at your creativity......Vdog you are hilarious - loved it

velcrodog
01-28-2014, 08:40 PM
no more ATC novice.... get your title up there.

velcrodog
01-28-2014, 08:46 PM
Cathy1 of middle earth.....

Cathy the First, Lady of Lůrien, of the Galadhrim, of Light, and the Golden Wood

velcrodog
01-28-2014, 08:50 PM
Oh! MahārājŮī! That looks so nice!

Miss M
01-28-2014, 08:51 PM
OMG! Imperial Velcrodoggie those are FREAKIN' AMAZING! :biglaugh:

Dehh68, I love that you've adopted your title already! Or should I just call you MIHAI for short?

Don't worry robcrusade, everybody's first time is confusing. You'll get the hang of it in no time!

Vampiress Rose, Princess of Wallachia, start chanting "don't see your shadow, don't see your shadow" over and over.

complicious...really? you really wanna go there? Phil?? careful you don't become the guest star on an ATC! :biglaugh:

mcgillisj
01-28-2014, 09:44 PM
Awesome titles, Imperial Dog!

velcrodog
01-28-2014, 09:53 PM
Glad you like them Josie! It looks good on you. did you google it yet?

dsign49
01-28-2014, 10:08 PM
Dsign49...those are great! I never did get the knack of knitting. I did try several times, though.

Thank you

The Boot Cuffs are crocheted.
The mittens are sewn.

dsign49
01-28-2014, 10:09 PM
I redid my title as it would not all fit.

velcrodog
01-28-2014, 10:13 PM
I just noticed that some of the titles are too long! Good job... Datu is from the Phillipines a monarch....

Miss M
01-28-2014, 10:16 PM
I know, I had to chop some off my title when I figured out it wouldn't all fit! :biglaugh: All the titles still look great! :jiggy:

Kudos to the Imperial Dog! :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

velcrodog
01-28-2014, 10:20 PM
I love seeing people bowing before me!

smallgirl
01-28-2014, 11:54 PM
Oooo checking in...not sure if I will actually be able to play, though. My family celebrates Chinese New Year; I'll be at my grandma's tomorrow to help her prepare some of the cooking and we'll be celebrating on Saturday. I also have a mixed media assemblage canvas thingy that I am hoping to make this weekend for my best friend's b-day.

velcrodog
01-29-2014, 12:28 AM
Even if you are not putting on things to trade and you are working on your mixed media assemblage canvas thingy you can still play.... we are just arting together and you are welcome to work on your thingy in our company! I know we all would love to see pictures of your thingy as it progresses. That sounds really bad....

smallgirl
01-29-2014, 02:41 AM
Hahaha...the thingy is a canvasish artish thingy...it is still in the conceptual stage, so everyone's creative energy will help me make it!

marilou
01-29-2014, 03:10 AM
:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:good morning your royal artest...walking backwards. Morning everyone having my first coffee of the day!

miloccpep
01-29-2014, 04:35 AM
I'll be here arting if the muse co operates. It's Chinese New Year's Day.
I've also bought a 3x4 punch, so I might just use that size for a change. But I might not be able to find plastic sleeves to fit?!
Oh yes, I would like a title please.

Mouseit
01-29-2014, 05:49 AM
I am going to revisit my title vdoggie when i can cut and paste as i have not least how to do it on My tablet...lol

jonquil
01-29-2014, 07:25 AM
V:dog: I believe I am missing a title - may I have one please???

mcgillisj
01-29-2014, 09:55 AM
Glad you like them Josie! It looks good on you. did you google it yet?

Just read it now: Duke of Moctezuma de Tultengo (Spanish: Duque de Moctezuma de Tultengo) is a hereditary title in the Spanish nobility held by a line of descendants of Emperor Moctezuma II, the ninth Tlatoani, or ruler, of Tenochtitlan. Since 1766 the title has been attached to a Grandeza de EspaŮa, or a place in the Spanish peerage — the highest honor accorded to Spanish nobility.

Ha ha! I thought you made it up!! And I was worried it had to do with "Montezuma's Revenge"! LOL

mcgillisj
01-29-2014, 10:09 AM
MONTEZUMA'S REVENGE - The colloquial term for any cases of traveler's diarrhea contracted by tourists visiting Mexico. The name humorously refers to Moctezuma II, the ruler of the Aztec civilization who was defeated and slaughtered by HernŠn Cortťs, the Spanish conquistador. The white Spainiards would then continue to enslave or obliterate the Aztec people.

It is said that whenever a white person has diarrhea while visiting Mexico, he is suffering the wrath of Montezuma's revenge.

Miss M
01-29-2014, 10:11 AM
Oh Josie, Duquesa of Moctezuma, I was waiting for you to figure that one out! :biglaugh: She's a sneaky one, that Imperial V:dog: !

Miss M
01-29-2014, 10:13 AM
And the more the merrier! Everyone is welcome to pop in and check it out! smallgirl, we look forward to seeing your "really bad" (to quote an Imperial Dog) arty-sort-of-canvas-thingy! And you can give us tips on how to celebrate Chinese New Year! Does this mean we are invited to your Grandmothers on Saturday too? :D;)

Mouseit
01-29-2014, 10:13 AM
Sounds like. ..my name is Inigo Montoya you killed my father ...prepare to die.....lol (spoken with Spanish accent)
my second favorite movie "the Princess Bride".....After Walt Disney " Gnome Mobile" of course...omg now i am showing my age.....

going to bed on that note.....night all.....

Mouseit
01-29-2014, 10:15 AM
Oohhh and i live not more that 30 minutes from Montezuma Falls.

Miss M
01-29-2014, 10:15 AM
Oh, I love the Princess Bride!

velcrodog
01-29-2014, 11:22 AM
Miloccpep you will be
Miloccpep, Sultana of Singapore, She who is the Origami Omnipotent

Jonquil you will be

Jonquil Jarl, ruler of all of Sydney & Snarkies

Okay, who is next?

sorry if the titles are too long... just shorten them to your liking...

dsign49
01-29-2014, 11:23 AM
OK I got it to fit now. Thanks Vdog

velcrodog
01-29-2014, 11:27 AM
Josie, see I don't "just" make things up, there is a little bit of truth in everything I say, some more, some less. Sometimes Like with Jonquil, I look for something that is the same letter and something I can relate... Jonquil Jarl both J's and then Jonquil is blond, could be Swedish... Jarl is 2nd in line to throne in Sweden...

I don't talk out my butt all the time.... sometimes I elevate it to talking out of my belly button...

Oh, and with Maria's title, that one I have no control over.... the Overlords, from Outer Space, sent me a psychic message and I was made aware of what she was......

(and even in that I am referring to the Overlords from Arthur C. Clarke's Childhoods End)
(and Goddess of Dune is, of course, a reference to the Dune trilogy as even though Miloccpep can fold paper, MariaP can fold space and time with use of the Spice {"folding" space and time = wormholes} {spice = huge, think like 20 sperm whales end to end, worm poop})

Sometimes I scare myself.....

velcrodog
01-29-2014, 11:34 AM
The Datu is here!!! I am feeling so equal opportunity! We are embracing all cultures and all royalty, Not just the British Royalty!!!!

Y'all think I'm Nucking Futs, don't you?

mcgillisj
01-29-2014, 11:40 AM
Careful, v-dog! If you're not nice, I may just give you some of my "revenge"! You say you don't "talk out of your butt all the time", but let me tell you, you most certainly will be doing a lot "out of your butt" once I got done with you! ;)

(You asked for that one. I didn't name myself, remember??:biglaugh:)

velcrodog
01-29-2014, 11:42 AM
And your title Dehh68, I saw that you were from Indiana, made me think of India and thus a female ruler of India, and I got .... MahārājŮī of India... and changed it to Indiana.

Miss M
01-29-2014, 11:44 AM
shhhhh, V:dog: you aren't supposed to tell those secrets!!!!! They aren't supposed to know I can fold space! and the bit about whales....definitely trade secret!

artchick501
01-29-2014, 11:48 AM
OMG - you guys are so entertaining! I've been on pain meds and cross-eyed with pain, but enjoying every minute of your exchanges!

marilou
01-29-2014, 11:52 AM
your exhalted Highness Empress, I have to protest!!! I checked the time table and you guys are starting on THURSDAY!!! :cry: I have to wait till Friday 1 AM. How on earth can I make art when I am fast asleep (well at least if I will be able to sleep) :cry::cry::cry:

marilou
01-29-2014, 11:53 AM
...and yes I know I will always, always be half a day OLDER than you guys in the USA!:cry:

Miss M
01-29-2014, 12:36 PM
Duchess, thanks for the observation! I'm sure other people may be confused too.

We are ALL starting Jan 31 12AM GMT. Due to time zones it appears some people are starting earlier and later than others, but that's just an illusion. Where I am located, Jan 30 7pm is Jan 31 12AM GMT. For you Jan 31 1AM is Jan 31 12AM GMT. Nobody is starting before anybody else.

And technically the way athons traditionally go, yes, people would be starting before others. Not this time. Everyone will be starting at the exact same moment, Jan 31 12AM GMT. And everyone will be finishing at Feb 2 11:59 GMT.

And yes, we will all be sleeping during portions of the athon! I can't see how that can be helped! LOL :sleep:

And I realize this may cause some confusion. Don't worry I'll let everyone know when Day 1, Day 2 and Day 3 starts, based on GMT. It will make sense!

velcrodog
01-29-2014, 12:37 PM
OH! NO! Josie, I didn't even think of that!!!! Let me tell you a little bit about Montezuma's revenge and the Velcrodog.... Y'all may not know it but we do have 2 dogs. Cooper, the Weimaraner (and look up Weim's on google and read about their history, they are a dog of Nobility and it was a crime to own one if you weren't a noble), and Mookie the min-pin mix (miniature Pinscher). Mookie is 16 years old, an insulin diabetic (15Units every am), and blind. Okay, now that you have the background.

WARNING! DO NOT READ THE REST OF THIS POST IF YOU ARE EASILY GROSSED OUT AND/OR DO NOT HAVE MALE CHILDREN!!!

When Mookie poops, it is like a Play Doh fun factory... he squeezes it out, pinches it off, squeezes a little more, pinches it off, etc.
When Cooper poops it is like Dairy Queen soft ice cream cones, a big swirl with the little curl on top. This may help you in your "art" if you are planning on doing something with Cooper pooping.

velcrodog
01-29-2014, 12:39 PM
Marilou.... did I call you the Dutchess.... I am sorry, I misspelled it, it is Duchess. Sorry, you can correct it.....

also, not only are you are a half day older, but when the world comes to a cataclysmic end.... you die a half day before we do.

Miss M
01-29-2014, 12:42 PM
Josie, did you have to set V:dog: off in that direction????? :err:

velcrodog
01-29-2014, 12:46 PM
Also, I might like to add, that, yes, some of you will be allowed to sleep, but I, the Imperial Dog, have been told by Her Mighty and Exalted Highness, Empress, Goddess of Dune, MariaP, that I, will not be allowed to sleep AT ALL, as I must be the guard dog of the athon.

(and if anyone has a problem with the title I have given them.... think about me, I am an Imperial DOG.... but I guess I did it to myself...)

velcrodog
01-29-2014, 12:50 PM
Josie.... I will go out in my backyard and take video for you if you would like.... or just pictures of Coopers piles in the backyard....

Son is taking the computer now to do school work.... will not write but will watch on cell phone.....

FlyingPhoenix
01-29-2014, 12:56 PM
Well, "dog" is far more friendly than another word...there's the bright side! :)

But...
Fezzick, are there rocks ahead?
If there are, we'll all be dead!
No more rhymes now, I mean it!
Anyone want a peanut?
GAH!

LOVE that movie! One of my tops that's for sure! (Miss Mouseit, at least you're not dating yourself too much...!)

Geez. Now I have to watch that this weekend! Be prepared for PB goodness and random quotes from me!

prayer_at_night
01-29-2014, 12:56 PM
v:dog:ie, I want a title, too, please! :wubclub:

dsign49
01-29-2014, 01:06 PM
Can't wait to see what she give prayer at night.

mcgillisj
01-29-2014, 01:25 PM
Josie.... I will go out in my backyard and take video for you if you would like.... or just pictures of Coopers piles in the backyard....

Son is taking the computer now to do school work.... will not write but will watch on cell phone.....

No no! That's ok...REALLY! No need for a visual, thanks :err::nah::eek::no:

mcgillisj
01-29-2014, 01:27 PM
Josie, did you have to set V:dog: off in that direction????? :err:

Sorry 'bout that! I should have known that would set her off.... :embarrassed::wacko:

Miss M
01-29-2014, 01:39 PM
Hmmmm, I just went to look up Imperial Dog on wikipedia. I think we might have been duped :err: ...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_Imperial_Dog.....cus somehow this doesn't seem to quite describe our Velcrodog! :biglaugh: (Although now that she's outed, i wouldn't change a thing!)

mcgillisj
01-29-2014, 01:55 PM
I wouldn't dismiss the title outright, Maria. After all, maybe v-dog really DOES have "a wrinkly, short-muzzled face". I dunno...I've never seen a photo of her...

smallgirl
01-29-2014, 05:19 PM
And the more the merrier! Everyone is welcome to pop in and check it out! smallgirl, we look forward to seeing your "really bad" (to quote an Imperial Dog) arty-sort-of-canvas-thingy! And you can give us tips on how to celebrate Chinese New Year! Does this mean we are invited to your Grandmothers on Saturday too? :D;)

Well, to celebrate Chinese New Year there are several things you have to do. The night before, it is important to completely clean the house and sweep it. If you sweep or clean on Chinese New Year it is bad luck. Same goes for showering. Instead of showering the morning of Chinese New Year, you are supposed to do it the night before and wait until the day after to shower again, or else all your good luck gets washed away. On Chinese New Year, it is good to be a single person because all the married people give unmarried people red pockets with lucky money inside :)

The day is spent with family and friends and usually there is a big family dinner and each traditional dish made symbolises something. There are also lion dances, dragon dances, and parades. I used to lion dance when I was in university. If I can find the pics I'll post them for you-the furry lion pants are awesome!!

Miss M
01-29-2014, 06:33 PM
Oh that's cool smallgirl! And definitely want to see the lion dance photos!

Okay, we can do that...no cleaning on the first day of the athon! And showering can be optional too I suppose! (y'all won't be at my place so feel free to not shower all you want! :biglaugh:)

Did ya hear that Mouseit and Velcrodog? The married people are supposed to give the unmarried people red pockets full of money! :D:jiggy:

Mouseit
01-29-2014, 08:23 PM
Mouseit....that's a classic movie! You made me laugh!

Glad I can make you laugh...hee hee

vdoggie, we don't just think it (you being nuking futs) WE KNOW IT.... lol

Your royal highness Maria - don't fall off your horse.....

wee fluffy dogs indeed......hmm mm poor Cooper... He looks more like Herman royalty to me.

BRING ON THE BP QUOTES!!

Mouseit
01-29-2014, 08:25 PM
Did ya hear that Mouseit and Velcrodog? The married people are supposed to give the unmarried people red pockets full of money! :D:jiggy:

Oohhhh huh and when was this rule put in the rule Book? Huh? Huh?

velcrodog
01-29-2014, 08:33 PM
Okay, first of all Imperial Dog fits Cooper to a "T". The Velcrodog may be a Wiemaraner (a dog only for the nobility, of course) and he may be 75 pounds of love and affection, not to mention a counter surfer and eats everything in sight (remember the first athon when he knocked the brown betty off the counter and made all sorts of noise and I thought my mom was dying or something the way she was yelling at 3am?) BUT, Cooper THINKS he is a lap dog and will crawl up into your lap without a 2nd thought if you give him a chance.... Imperial Dog is a perfect title!

Prayer at Night.....You are from GERMANY! Coopers motherland! So, what else could I call you except

THE Grand Duchess of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach

velcrodog
01-29-2014, 08:56 PM
So I have to give red pockets of money to single people on Chinese New Year..... are these acceptable? I just made them up......

mcgillisj
01-29-2014, 09:17 PM
They look perfect, Imperial Dog! Can I "pretend" to be single just to receive one? After all, I AM a soccer widow! My hubby spends 90% of his time out of the house coaching soccer, playing soccer and working full time running a soccer facility. Sheesh!!

Miss M
01-29-2014, 09:19 PM
That pocket full of money looks great V:dog:! Aw, heck, I'm easy. I'll take any colour envie full of money! :biglaugh:

smallgirl
01-29-2014, 09:20 PM
That pocket is just the thing :)

prayer_at_night
01-29-2014, 09:20 PM
v:dog:, I LOVE you! <3 ;)
Also, I'm totally single - the last boyfriend (actually a fiancť, it was pretty serious) turned out to be a drinker and arsehole, so I left... do I get cute red envelopes for the trouble? :biglaugh:

miloccpep
01-29-2014, 09:43 PM
Okay, I'm using my title now.
Back when Singapore was part of Malaya (Malaysia now) we do have a Sultan (King) and one or two of the palaces is still standing, albeit not as palace but as Heritage Center. Been there recently to watch performance.
Thanks v:dog: for the nostalgic memories!

miloccpep
01-29-2014, 09:54 PM
The Red Pocket is called Hong Pow or Ang Pow.
Hong and Ang means RED and Pow mean PACKET.

I used to put the cards in the ang pow inside the envie.
Mmm, wonder why I stopped doing that? Will do so again if I can remember.

BekaH
01-29-2014, 09:57 PM
I can't read all this to catch up... Maybe laters, anyone want to brief me?

BekaH
01-29-2014, 09:59 PM
v :dog: my title is too long

velcrodog
01-29-2014, 10:18 PM
Okay VRose....., Princess of Wallachia, Most Esteemed Member of the House of Drăculești

....Princess of Wallachia of the House of Drăculești

will that be short enough? Try it on for size!!!!:biglaugh:

velcrodog
01-29-2014, 10:20 PM
Princess of Wallachia of the House of Drăculești

The Imperial Dog of the Empire, World, Galaxy, & Universe

Yep! That is shorter than my title, it will work!

velcrodog
01-29-2014, 10:22 PM
Okay, and how about if I put all the cards I trade on Chinese New Year in a Red Packet???? Will that make everyone happy? NO $20 bills in there though!!!!!

Miss M
01-29-2014, 10:29 PM
what? the whole point is the $20 bill!!!!!

smallgirl
01-29-2014, 10:31 PM
Of course, nobody expects you to really send us $$, except Maria :) I bought some red pockets today too and was going to send my trades in them...if I get to making anything, that is!! I was helping my grandma get ready for Chinese New Year today and we had a yet another why don't you have a boyfriend it's time to get married talk. I think she is tired of giving me red pockets. lol. Just kidding, my grandma's the best!

miloccpep
01-29-2014, 10:43 PM
For multi trade, it would be bulky with all the cards in a Hong Pow. I would probably include the Hong Pow as an extra. The ones I have collected are really beautiful! Red and vibrant colors, textured, design of Zodiac Animals, Fishes, Oranges, Flowers and more.

velcrodog
01-29-2014, 10:45 PM
Great! Now I will not only have to make them but I will have to decorate them more too! Is my work never done????

velcrodog
01-29-2014, 11:11 PM
Anyone want to see what the "Fortune Cookies" aka WOW {Words of Wisdom} Cookies look like? I had to do the first one, to make sure they worked correctly.......

Miss M
01-29-2014, 11:19 PM
I do! I do! I wanna see a WoW cookie! :jiggy:

velcrodog
01-29-2014, 11:30 PM
Oh, you haven't received your prototype in the mail yet?

Miss M
01-29-2014, 11:32 PM
no, not yet! :cry:

velcrodog
01-29-2014, 11:46 PM
Okay, just for you Oh, MariaP, Her Mighty and Exalted Highness, Empress, Goddess of Dune...

This WOW cookie is fun! I am kind of proud of it. You can pull out the words of wisdom, so that you are able to read them, but you can't pull it all the way out, unless you rip it, this way you can slide it back in so it is just like it is now,

Miss M
01-29-2014, 11:51 PM
that looks awesome! is that card actually flat?

BekaH
01-29-2014, 11:53 PM
I want a fortune cookie, for sure V :dog:!!!!

And thanks for tweaking my title :) Now tell me what it means??? LOL

Well, I am off to do dishes, yes a late start :( I don't even WANT to do them... :no:

Anyone want to come help ? :P

velcrodog
01-29-2014, 11:55 PM
Yes, the card is flat as can be....
It looks so real, funny, I left a dark rim so it would look like a shadow. I love making real ones, but I didn't think they would make it thru the mail.

velcrodog
01-29-2014, 11:57 PM
V Rose, you are a Vampiress.... who was the original Vampire?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vlad_the_Impaler

Miss M
01-29-2014, 11:57 PM
Those are fantastic! I definitely want one! And yeah, I'm sure Homeland Security will appreciate the snack! :biglaugh:

velcrodog
01-30-2014, 12:14 AM
I will have some. I am only going to make them on Chinese New Year. If you want one you had better trade for it on that day, or tell me now, if you are not going to be around on that day and I might just hold one for you. I will be trading them and when I trade for them I will "read" your Words of Wisdom on the thread so everyone knows what the WOW is. None are the same, either the card, as they are all a little different in one way or the other, and no two cards have the same WOWs. So it should be fun.

BTW, Maria, if you want the first one, just say the word and it is yours....
I will "read" it when the athon starts in just another 20 hours....

BekaH
01-30-2014, 12:25 AM
So technically, I have to start at 7 pm on the 30th??? :no: I thought i had more time than that :( Oh well, I will be alright I suppose.

And V :dog: I JUST told you I want a freaking fortune cookie! LOL :P J/k... I should be here, but if not, you should hold one for me... Because you love me! Lol

Anyways, I'm only half way done with my dishes so back I go.... Scoot... Or I'll never be done...

I'm still waiting for someone to come and help me, as I detest dishes! :arghh:

BekaH
01-30-2014, 12:33 AM
Tweaked the name a bit, but I love it!

Someone should make me a vampire card then this A-thon...

mcgillisj
01-30-2014, 12:35 AM
Me please! And I don't think I'll be targeted by Homeland Security....

velcrodog
01-30-2014, 12:36 AM
That's why I have kids... my 16 y.o. does the dishes, but I spend more time fixing what he messes up or doesn't do.

V rose & Josie, you want a WOW Cookie? Give me a number between 1 and 10 and when I make them I will give you that number.... I have the first ten, set up and ready to make up first thing.... this way YOU pick the cookie and get whatever words of wisdom is in it! And be sure and make me an extra special card in return for it! I KNOW you will too!

V rose night child.... I like that...

mcgillisj
01-30-2014, 12:41 AM
OK...I pick lucky number 7!! And yes, I will make you an extra special card in return!!

BekaH
01-30-2014, 12:43 AM
Yes ;) And I'm going all out, I even changed my avatar for it...

The avatar picture of me was edited by one of my friends on facebook :)

And, my child is 3... So not quite big enough to do them YET... But when she is... LOL

And I suppose since 7 is taken then I will choose 3.

mcgillisj
01-30-2014, 12:44 AM
Tweaked the name a bit, but I love it!

Someone should make me a vampire card then this A-thon...
I'll see if I can make a vampire card for you v-rose...

velcrodog
01-30-2014, 12:48 AM
Done. They are yours when they are finished and I will read them as soon as they are done... expect it by 9pm tomorrow night.....I am going to do a bunch of these first!

miloccpep
01-30-2014, 01:05 AM
vampiress_rose, I can fold a vampire card or two - Vampyra or you prefer the Count? Not sure if they are still in my gallery.

miloccpep
01-30-2014, 01:08 AM
I would probably be folding Horses. Just found one this morning from a website I subscribed to. Horse Head for a bookmark. Different sizes.

smallgirl
01-30-2014, 01:46 AM
I'm so excited to see your origami horses, miloccpep...I was cutting a few backgrounds tonight and gathering some materials

miloccpep
01-30-2014, 02:13 AM
smallgirl, I'll trade you some unmounted ones if you want. On hand I have 4 varieties of horses.

BekaH
01-30-2014, 03:38 AM
Please note, I can only do 2 or 3 international trades.... I've already got a few going on... So if I have to turn someone down, it's nothing personal! Promise! I'm a stay at home mama with no income, besides my hubby's, and that's providing for three of us, so... Hoping everyone understands!

BekaH
01-30-2014, 05:23 AM
Quick question before I hit the sheets and start the a-thon tomorrow at 7 pm (my time, so there's no confusion lol)

When we make cards during the a-thon, do we HAVE to post them to this thread, or can we post them JUST In the a-thon category of art? Because if we make A LOT Of cards, it seems like an awful lot of work to have to post them to the thread, also....

I can understand posting the theme related cards to this thread, but wondering if it's ok to NOT post them all to the thread individually.

Ok ladies, good night! (It's 4 am here!)

prayer_at_night
01-30-2014, 06:16 AM
Some people never post any attachments at all and it was always fine, so unless that doggie or Maria say something different, I'd say it's fine to not post everything to the thread. :wubclub:

Also, I have been wondering: How expensive is it to send something (flat, just a card or two) internationally? I don't mean to be mean, I just can't see why you have such a limit to your international trades but trade inside the US all the time... It's probably because I mail everything internationally, all the time, (and I'm just a poor little student, too), so I can't imagine how much more expensive international mail must be to make a passionate trader like you bow out... Just curious! :)

marilou
01-30-2014, 06:37 AM
V-rose, your daughters card is in the mail.
I am very disappointed (as is prayer...) not to be able to trade with you because we are from outside the US. As prayer...I only have international mail, and yes it can be expensive, but one has to make choices. Not more swaps than 3 at the time, or only journal pages...etc. I am on a small pension and have to count the cents also.
Anyway, I hope you post your art, so we can admire it even if we can not swap.

Mouseit
01-30-2014, 07:22 AM
I am wading in here, I agree that international mail is very expensive from our country and I am sure it is the same from any other country for international mail.
Our internal mail costs is only 60c to send a swap or card.
Internationally it is $2.65. A very big difference. I think it should be up to the individual who they trade with, and no one should be condemned for NOT trading internationally, and no reason should be necessay.

marilou
01-30-2014, 09:17 AM
for me sending cards outside Europe is € 1.20 ($ 1.63) for one single card, maybe 2 maximum. All other mail € 3.60 ($4.90) till 100 gram if it is more than 100 gram it is € 7.20.($ 9.80) Guess you can not call that cheap.

Miss M
01-30-2014, 09:34 AM
Happy Birthday MahārājŮī Dehh68!! And yes we all having cheesecake shared with us!

So V-Rose, you answer your posting question. Most people seem to post their art to the thread. People like see pictures of the art in the thread, and usually that's where they will decide "wow I want to trade for that one!". It's not obligatory to post, however, it is nice to post in the thread and share with everyone. We do get lurkers that just read the thread the don't make art (for whatever reason, can be health related), and get great enjoyment out of it! Personally I love to see the art posted in the thread and I always check out every piece! I don't look in the galleries unless I'm specifically directed to (eg. someone asks me for trade, so then I look in their athon gallery)

As for trades...since this isn't a swap or a PAT, it's up to the individuals to make their trades. The hostesses don't manage swapping in an athon, otherwise, the forum would put more rules around who and how to host. :) So treat every trade like a personal trade.

If someone has restrictions, I recommend being upfront. And you need to manage your own restrictions. We never know what goes on in a person's life or what their situation is, and no one is obligated to disclose that info. Personally, if someone tells me their limit, I will respect that.

There are a lot of international players here that enjoy trading with people all over the world. Everyone likes seeing the art too. :D

Miss M
01-30-2014, 09:40 AM
Marilou, I hear ya. Anything outside the parameters of "regular letter mail" is starting to get crazy expensive here. I've done several 5x7 swaps and it's at least $2.80 (I think) but I've paid $4.65 once because air got caught in the plastic sleeve and it made it too fat! Needless to say I make sure everything is VERY flat now! :biglaugh:

In Canada, regular letter mail is $0.63 ($1.10 for fatter or heavier) and $1.10-$1.32 internationally. Which doesn't seem significant, and I'm fortunate to have a good job, but it can certainly add up! In January, mostly due to athons, I've probably spent close $200 on postage! (Which is not typical for me...I don't normally trade 75 cards in an athon!!!!! and thankfully it wasn't all at once!) So I don't understand at all why Canada Post keeps shredding my envies!!! :biglaugh:

Miss M
01-30-2014, 09:56 AM
10 more hours!!!!!! and the games begin! :jiggy:

Miss M
01-30-2014, 09:59 AM
BTW, Maria, if you want the first one, just say the word and it is yours....
I will "read" it when the athon starts in just another 20 hours....

Uh, huh! Yes! Yes! V:dog: I want #1! :jiggy:In trade, I will make a lucky coin card just for you!

marilou
01-30-2014, 10:08 AM
for me it does not matter how much I will trade during this athon, your HIGHNESS :wubclub:,
as I will be away from home so much in the coming months. I will not be able to participate in a lot of swaps, nor athons, and this propably till end of September.
So everyone who wants to trade during this athon, I will send them to you with great pleasure.

Maria, your Highness, :notworthy: I have somthing special in mind for Ladymouseathena, would you mind if I start this afternoon? I will have coffee first, start to prepare dinner, and then have about 1 hour and a half for art left, till midnight. I will post the work tomorrow morning, as I can not stay up and awake till 1am unfortunately.
Hubby would kill me. He hears it when I turn a page in a book, so no art during night time for me :cry:. Will you be a :policeman:? kissing your feet your Highness and slowly, bowing, leaving the room moving backwards.

velcrodog
01-30-2014, 10:29 AM
I could not read what I missed on the thread, can't read my pm's now either as I have a day of Drs appts. I have a Boob Squashing appt this afternoon too! I did read v-roses post and I am sending Vrose 5 international stamps. vrose you can now do 8 international swaps with your 3 and my 5. that takes care of 8. I understand your situation and I will help. Haven't read the rest yet.... got to go as 1st appt in in 15 minutes... Vrose I will mail the stamps 1st thing tomorrow..

Mouseit
01-30-2014, 10:30 AM
Ooohh I give you permission Marilou.....heehee

as I will be spending the day in travel tomorrow and then having to stay at our friends farm for the night you all have to wait a day to start.......JUST KIDDING,!
but it does put me a day behind you all..Not Fair!

Anyway last night with my daughter tonight, then home..

oh wait it's Friday already......12th am

night All

marilou
01-30-2014, 10:37 AM
You have a great heart Imperial Dog!

marilou
01-30-2014, 11:19 AM
...have a nice and safe trip Mousie!

dsign49
01-30-2014, 11:33 AM
So if I read the time thing right. I can start a 6 pm tomorrow. Means after supper.
Right

Miss M
01-30-2014, 12:00 PM
:biglaugh: Marilou, you don't need my permission to art! :biglaugh: And if you have Mouseit the First's permission, what could I possibly add! (Psst, if you don't tell no one, how would we know? especially if you aren't posting it until tomorrow morning! art away!)

Miss M
01-30-2014, 12:02 PM
Grandess Datu of Dakotas (aka dsign49), Bismarck (U.S.A. - North Dakota) Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 6 PM is today! LOL Remember we're all starting 12AM Jan 31 GMT!

marilou
01-30-2014, 12:08 PM
hihihi cards are drawn, have not enough time to paint them this evening, maybe 2....
She will be in for a surprise :biglaugh:

prayer_at_night
01-30-2014, 12:25 PM
v:dog:ie, you're so full of love! :wubclub:

And v-rose, now that you have more international spots, if you want me (*lol* doesn't sound quite right ;) ) I'd love to make a vampire for you and something sweet for your daughter? :wub:

velcrodog
01-30-2014, 01:52 PM
VRose, just came back from Drs... going to run and get the boobs squashed soon... Dropped an envie in the mail with 6 international stamps (1 oz to any country except Canada, so MAKE IT COUNT.... ie. multiple trades to each person.... Canada you can send 2 oz with one stamp! So make them count!!! Multiple trades!!) I just took my cards (and you know that I make them on heavy cardboard usually and it took 4 cards to make 1oz including envelope. And to make 2 oz including envie it was 9 cards..... If you go over that's okay as I included a few regular forever stamps to help you out.

Money crunches are something I understand too well V rose! I don't mind helping out. I have a t-shirt that says been there, done that!

velcrodog
01-30-2014, 02:08 PM
Ps. still have a minute and just updated myself on the post.... I am up to par now..

We in the USA are very spoiled when it comes to postage prices. Ours are low. Believe it or not... I remember from when I was in the Army stationed in Germany.... Everything went out the APO I tried the Deutsches Bundespost once and my jaw dropped, this was back when it was $1 US for 1.60 DM..... Long ago.

At any rate. It is now 49 cents for a 1 oz FLAT envie inside the US, and $1.15 for a 1 oz. FLAT envie international (except Canada 2 oz for $1.15), WE have it good compared to the rest of the world.... BUT, when it comes to anything NOT flat, we get messed up bad!!!! They are charging right left & sideways. ALL square envies have a surcharge, packages international have jumped by $10 in the last 3 or 4 years... craziness..... got to go or I will be late... by!!!!

FlyingPhoenix
01-30-2014, 02:18 PM
I have a write night scheduled for tonight, but, I usually hold these in my studio with my art supplies at my fingertips. I usually write my scenes faster too, so I might have some time to skech out some cards. (Especially if it's a collab night, but I'm not counting on it).

I'm getting really excited though!

BekaH
01-30-2014, 03:28 PM
To answer everyone's questions, I just checked and it costs $0.49 cents now to mail inside the USA, as long as it is a flat envelope and not over an ounce in weight.

To mail to Canada, as an example, it is $1.15, so it's about 65 cents more expensive.

The reason I limit my outgoing international mail is because most of the time I do not even BUY my own postage. I am a stay at home mom of a 3 year old with anxiety problems, so I don't drive, and I don't work. We depend on my hubby's income to support all three of us, so needless to say don't have oodles of money to spend on postage. Most of the time my stamps come from a very generous lady I trade with on facebook.

So I am sorry if anyone is offended by me not wanting to trade internationally, it is nothing personal at all... I love everyone's art.

Thank you so much for the birthday card, Marilou! I am certain she will love it!

BekaH
01-30-2014, 03:31 PM
P.S.... Apparently you can mail LIVE ANIMALS? In the USA now??? When did this happen...

V :dog: does this have anything to do with your "Dead cats" envies????

BekaH
01-30-2014, 03:36 PM
Ok, I didn't read V :dog: post before I posted, so since she is amazing and sending me the international stamps (God Bless Her, It's impossible NOT to love this woman!!!), I will be able to trade international! So, Sara, Marilou, and whoever else has asked me so far, I will trade!!!! I just hope that I can make ENOUGH cards to go around now! LOL!

Miss M
01-30-2014, 03:53 PM
we c:biglaugh:an mail animals??? Oh V-:dog:, I think you should make travel plans!

BekaH
01-30-2014, 04:00 PM
I know, right? OMG that cracked me up!!! There's actually a whole page of rules about mailing animals, too... It says to make sure it won't harm the postal carrier, and that it can survive a few days without food/water or that it has enough food/water... LOL

At first, I was like, is this some kind of joke the Post Office is playing? But no, it's real! LOL

Oh, and I'm excited... Thanks to all the rep points, I am no longer "A valued member", but I have a spectacular aura surrounding me! WOOT! LOL. I always knew I was special! ;)

FlyingPhoenix
01-30-2014, 04:01 PM
Just heard from my friend I write with, and he's not going to make it tonight, but rescheduled for tomorrow (which works A LOT better for late nights anyway). So, as long as I can sneak up to the studio, I'll be playing a bit tonight! :)

...and mailing ANIMALS?! Yikes....those of us in colder climates will have to dilligently watch our doorsteps so no four legged furry friends don't freeze!

Miss M
01-30-2014, 04:07 PM
That's no problem V-Rose! I'm happy to include doggie snacks and a water bottle! :biglaugh:

BekaH
01-30-2014, 04:09 PM
Yes, at first I thought it was a joke they were playing on us, so I clicked on it, and it had a whole page of rules about it... Make sure the postal worker won't get harmed... Make sure the animal has enough food/ can survive without food and water for a few days..
LOL!!!!

Oh, and now I am no longer "A valued member", thanks to everyone's rep points, I have a spectacular aura surrounding me. I always knew I was special! ;) LOL

BekaH
01-30-2014, 04:09 PM
And sorry I posted that twice, my internet went down so I didn't think that it posted the first time :(

Miss M
01-30-2014, 05:02 PM
2 hours 58 minutes!

velcrodog
01-30-2014, 05:30 PM
Back from Boob Squashing Time! Getting ready to go go go !!! 2 and a half hours!!!! I am cleaning my Castro Convertible Table and an extra card table! I am not running back and forth for supplies!!! ATC blanks are ready.... Can't wait!!!!

V-Rose! I love you girl! You will trade with some of the nicest people when you trade internationally. (and you trade with some of the nicest people when you trade not internationally, too!)

Back to organization....

FlyingPhoenix
01-30-2014, 05:53 PM
Debating on a nap before go time, just so I have energy to stay up later than an hour past start time. I have my box of randomness pulled out and my markers are in the bag. Pulled out "The Princess Bride" so I'll have that going on in the background. ;)

I've asked Huzbee to shovel our steps...we haven't received mail in a while due to the constant snowing and blowing, and we can't keep up! Ug. This cursed weather! At least it's been above 0 F the last couple of days! Heat wave! XD

marilou
01-30-2014, 05:57 PM
Well dearests I am off to bed, it is 11 pm what a pity i will miss the start. Have fun and behave!

Just Ducky
01-30-2014, 06:01 PM
getting close... couple hours to go... and I still blank.. got NO idea for the backward challenge... digging out some stuff for hopefully Luna New Year... can't even look outside for ideas... more snow.. big flakes.. bummer.

FlyingPhoenix
01-30-2014, 06:26 PM
I'm right there with ya, Ducky. Almost could post a blank ATC and say "the view from my backyard".

Don't know if this would be considered backwards or not, but a story from today:
I usually write to music as it brings my characters out of hiding and inspires me with their storylines. This morning, I was dreaming of a pair of characters (one was not my creation, but mine has a crush on him and he admires her) and my radio alarm went off with the lyrics of "On my untrimmed chest, I believe in you. Like a virgin, you're Madonna, and I'll always want to blow your mind" from Train's "Hey Soul Sister". Somehow, it fit perfectly to my dream! It happened AGAIN with the very next snooze, but I can't remember what song it was the second time. Freaked me right out and I decided it was about time to get up at that point...

Miss M
01-30-2014, 06:49 PM
Woo hoo! I'm finally home from work! I little over an hour to go! enough time to eat and organize my art area! :jiggy:

FlyingPhoenix
01-30-2014, 06:59 PM
Night, night Marilou. Sweet dreams!!

Yay! Always a good thing once you can stretch after work, eh, Exhaulted Goddess?

BekaH
01-30-2014, 07:16 PM
eating some lunch, bathing my daughter, and then will work on some art :) don't know if I will be online at 7 pm, but if not, I'll be back with cards!

FlyingPhoenix
01-30-2014, 07:58 PM
Trying to convince the huzbee to head to bed instead of sleeping on the floor downstairs....

TWO MINUTES!

Miss M
01-30-2014, 07:59 PM
On your mark, get set, ready....GO!

Miss M
01-30-2014, 08:00 PM
hee, hee I started y'all off a minute early! :biglaugh:

Miss M
01-30-2014, 08:01 PM
Welcome to Day 1 of the Backwards to Groundhog Day ATART athon! :jiggy:

mcgillisj
01-30-2014, 08:02 PM
WOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!!! I'm so excited I may just start dancing around naked!!

Miss M
01-30-2014, 08:04 PM
ssssshhhh, Josie, save that for tomorrow! (and that's all I'm sayin'!)

Miss M
01-30-2014, 08:05 PM
Now....where is that Imperial V:dog:?? I hope the fortune cookies aren't burning! :biglaugh:

mcgillisj
01-30-2014, 08:09 PM
Oooh - a hint! Goodie goodie :)

velcrodog
01-30-2014, 08:15 PM
And the first Fortune [WOW] Cookie which MariaP has claimed.... reads...

The more you feel violated by your job, the easier it is to undergo that colonoscopy when the time comes around.

And the Fortune (Words of Wisdom) Cookie Bar is now open!

Miss M
01-30-2014, 08:18 PM
OUCH!:biglaugh:

prayer_at_night
01-30-2014, 08:25 PM
V:dog:gie, can I have a fortune cookie, too? I'll make something nice for you... :wubclub:

Sketching out a vampire for that Princess of Wallachia. ;)

velcrodog
01-30-2014, 08:27 PM
Grand Duchess, just give me a number 2, 4, 5, 6, 8, or 9...... and that will be your WOW Cookie

FlyingPhoenix
01-30-2014, 08:32 PM
Took me long enough...now that the huzbee is comatose in bed, I'm in the studio with "The Princess Bride" in the background and looking around for my first media to use....hmmm....

velcrodog
01-30-2014, 08:40 PM
Vampiress Rose, Princess of Wallachia, House of Drăculești - Night Child here is your Wow Cookie.....138402

And mcgillisj, Josie, Duquesa of Moctezuma de Tulteng here is your Wow Cookie...138403

velcrodog
01-30-2014, 08:42 PM
Vampiress Rose, Princess of Wallachia, House of Drăculești - Night Child here is your Wow Cookie.....and it reads....

You will be invited to an exciting event.
Oh, wait, you are already attending it!

velcrodog
01-30-2014, 08:44 PM
And mcgillisj, Josie, Duquesa of Moctezuma de Tulteng here is your Wow Cookie... it reads...

Good things happen when you party naked.

miloccpep
01-30-2014, 08:45 PM
Time now : 8.38
Day 1 Challenge: CNY of the Horse
Book-Marks

Blue Horse w Ang-pow extra - atc size thereabout
Brown Horse w AP extra - atc size thereabout. traded
Dotted Horse w AP extra - large - approx 3x4

Vicki Z
01-30-2014, 08:46 PM
What, only one posting?
I made Lotteria Cards per our earlier discussion in the Pre-Hype Thread regards using Lotteria Cards as a way to learn Spanish, and they "Inspired my Heart", which is one of the challenges for today

These are not traditional Lotteria cards in that they donít have the card number included on the card, and not all the animals shown here are in the traditional Lotteria deck. These cards are more like the ďflashcardsĒ you may have used in school to help you to learn things, such as Spanish words.

GH #3 El Oso
Ö..Bear is collaged on a background

Kimmie
01-30-2014, 08:52 PM
I'm working on a few....lol.... takes longer than I originally thought, even with pre-planning! :err:

FlyingPhoenix
01-30-2014, 08:56 PM
Thinking of starting with coloring my image before I do any sketching/lineart. We'll see what happens. ;)

velcrodog
01-30-2014, 09:00 PM
WOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!!! I'm so excited I may just start dancing around naked!!

I can't believe you said that and look what your WOW Cookie said!!! :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Miss M
01-30-2014, 09:02 PM
Great art posted so far ladies! Moving cards are cool! Is the spanish helping you study prayer_at_night???

And yup Decals_gal, execution is half the battle! :biglaugh:

Great Challenge entry Rita!

And just a reminder for those interested in entering the draw for the Challenge prize, all the info and challenges are listed in Post #2 (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1522317&postcount=2) for your convenience! (If that post is confusing in some way, please let me know. I tried to put all relevant challenge info in one post)

Miss M
01-30-2014, 09:03 PM
V:dog: you are a Psychic Imperial Fortune-Cookie-Making Doggie! :D

BekaH
01-30-2014, 09:07 PM
Dropping in to see what craziness has already happened! I'm here, I'm here! I've made three cards already but no pics yet... Will do that once I'm finished for the night!

I'm seeing some spectacular cards, and can't wait to see my vampire by sara!

V :dog:, was that number 3? That's the number I chose ;) Cute fortune cards!!! Love em :) Just keepin ya in line ;) :P

Will be back laters!

prayer_at_night
01-30-2014, 09:10 PM
Imperial Velcro:dog:, the number 9 please! It's my favourite number. :)

And Maria, totally, I feel more Spanish already - I have an urge to eat paella! :biglaugh:

mcgillisj
01-30-2014, 09:15 PM
I love my WOW cookie, Imperial Dog! And it really DID fortell the future!! ha ha :biglaugh:

In honour of Chinese New Year, I made some cards featuring images cut from a book about the Forbidden City in Beijing. I also read that the colour red is used to celebrate CNY, so I used a lot of red, too.

1-Golden Dragon
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/27852/small/1_g1-gold_dragon.jpg

2-Green dragon
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/27852/small/1_g2-green_dragon.jpg

3-Happiness Lantern #1 (the symbol stands for "happiness")
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/27852/small/1_g3-happiness_lantern_1.jpg

4-Happiness Lantern #2
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/27852/small/1_g4-happiness_lantern_2.jpg

5-Hello Mushu
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/27852/small/1_g5-chinese_boy.jpg

FlyingPhoenix
01-30-2014, 09:22 PM
Here's my first: Moonlight Wander (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/19096/1_1.30.14_ATC14-2_Moonlight_Wander.jpg) -Claimed - THANKS!
The black spots are NOT part of the card...my scanner is a bit messy.

Backwards idea here is No line art or prior sketch. Was going to add later, but I liked how it turned out without it. It also goes with Challenge 1 with the year of the Horse.

smallgirl
01-30-2014, 09:26 PM
Okay...home from work! Time to get started. :)

mcgillisj
Here's your card, Vampiress-Rose! Hope you like it. The "backwards" part is that it's upside down, like a bat hee hee.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/27852/small/1_g6-vampiress.jpg

velcrodog
Oh, and BTW, I have a bunch of ATC Arch Blanks and 4 X 6 Arch Card Blanks that I made just for y'all!
If I see a post that I deem wonderful, just absolutely love or a card that I think is just gorgeous or hilarious, I will let you know and you will "win" an Arch from me.

Here are a few more WOW Fortune Cookie Cards that I finished.....
all are traded- BUT IF YOU WANT ONE, JUST PM ME!!!

Each of these will come in the Red Packet without any $20 bills, maybe monopoly money.... but that's about it!:biglaugh:

mcgillisj
01-30-2014, 09:27 PM
Awesome card FlyingPhoenix!!

Vicki Z
01-30-2014, 09:27 PM
More Lotteria Cards
Also for the Thursday Challenge:
Inspire Your Heart:

GH #6 El Gato
Ö..Cat is collaged on a background
GH #7 La Rana
Frog die cut mounted on Acrylic and Baking Soda Technique Background
GH # 8 Los Perros
Ö..Dogs with paw print ribbon embellishment at the bottom
GH #9 La Manzana
Ö..Apple die cut mounted on apple background

miloccpep
01-30-2014, 09:31 PM
Card 4: Nian Nian You Yu - meaning "Every Year may you Have Abundance in your life". Word for word translation goes "Year Year Have Surplus". traded

Credit: John Montroll

FlyingPhoenix
01-30-2014, 09:38 PM
Thank you, Mcgillisj!

velcrodog
01-30-2014, 09:45 PM
OMG!!!! So many wonderful ATCs so far! Love them all! I will be giving You Rocks as soon as I can to everyone I can!!!!! Great ART! Love the horses, the oriental vases, the Spanish cards & everything!

The vampire ROCKS -
love the vampire as a nice gesture for Vrose
AND
it is "Backwards" or upsidedown
YOU JUST WON AN ARCH FOR THAT ONE!

Prayer at Night, THE Grand Duchess of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach, I just finished #9 before I saw your post... It has been put aside for you! (I sent your necklace a little while ago... have you received it yet?)

here is your card and it reads.....

Catch a falling star and put it in your pocket. I'd strongly suggest you put on a pair of new Docker Heat-Resistant Comet Pants first though, unless you're into third-degree burns.

I just put it in the red packet (and yes, I did decorate these, Miloccpep!) and put it in your file Grand Duchess! Can't wait to see what you make for me!

miloccpep
01-30-2014, 09:45 PM
These are samples of the Ang Pows included as extras in the trade.

Miss M
01-30-2014, 09:50 PM
Wow, the great art just keeps coming! And so do the fortune cookies! Love 'em!

Okay, I finally have some art to post!

This first one is for V:dog: for her fortune cookie:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/28590/small/1_1_koi.jpg#1 (traded)

And here are three more Koi with Lucky Coins:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/28590/small/1_2_koi.jpg#2 http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/28590/small/1_3_koi.jpg#3 http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/28590/small/1_4_koi.jpg#4 (all traded)

So making these was kinda cool because I learned new stuff!

Lucky Coins are tied together by red string/ribbon to activate them, and you group them in 3s, 6s or 9s. And they obviously attract wealth!

Koi are very positive symbols and the different colours all have their different meanings! So when you fill you Koi pond make sure you get the right mix! All very feng shui!

Miss M
01-30-2014, 09:50 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/30118/small/1_DSCN2535-001.JPG

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/30118/small/1_DSCN2537-001.JPG

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/30118/small/1_DSCN2536-001.JPG

I love it! :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: :biglaugh:

velcrodog
01-30-2014, 09:55 PM
Just thought that I would repeat the Challenges so everyone is clear about them.... they are in post #2 (remember that Maria is so VERBOSE that it took up to post 3 for her to get everything into it that was needed- also because she is sweet and wanted to make things clear for the newbies and we love newbies here!!!)

Day 1 Challenge:
Post art in honour of the Chinese New Year! It can be anything related to Chinese New Year and/or the Year of the Horse! Please remember to identify your challenge entry so we donít accidentally miss it.

Day 2 Challenge:
Post art highlighting the surprise theme! (which will get posted at the start of Day 2!) Please ensure your art conforms to the forumís policies and guidelines, and remember to identify your challenge entry so we donít accidentally miss it.

Day 3 Challenge:
Post art depicting groundhogs or Groundhog Day festivities! Please remember to identify your challenge entry so we donít accidentally miss it.

Miss M
01-30-2014, 09:59 PM
V:dog:, are you calling me VERBOSE???? :cry:

velcrodog
01-30-2014, 09:59 PM
Yeah, cuz it is nice that someone besides me is verbose....

FlyingPhoenix
01-30-2014, 10:03 PM
Alright, I can't stay awake much longer, and I've got a LONG day tomorrow. Here's hoping I can get a few more ATC's or Postcards done when I have a spare moment or two.

At least I've got one card in already. :D

Have a good night everyone!

Miss M
01-30-2014, 10:04 PM
Good night Twin-kie! Sleep well! Hope to see you back on the morrow!

velcrodog
01-30-2014, 10:05 PM
Dehh68, MahārājŮī of Indiana and Healer of All Injuries YOU have chosen WOW #4 and that fortune reads....

If one synchronized swimmer drowns, do the rest have to drown too?

I am decorating the red packet as we speak and it will go into your file in just a few minutes.....

Now, what do I get for it in exchange????

Kimmie
01-30-2014, 10:06 PM
Beautiful art, everyone! I finished V-rose's daughter's birthday ATC, first. (I'll mail it out tomorrow, V!)

Second, here's my first time ever contribution to an -athon! First pic (Card Set #1) is a set of 2 cards - they are my big arse billboards that V-:dog: suggested in the pre-hype thread! LOL! And so sorry about the glare....I tried to avoid that!

Second pic (CARD #2) is called "Tampoon".... and, yes, it's also from the wild, crazy discussions on the pre-hype thread!

Both are TRADED, thanks!!

(I'm new at this so bear with me if I don't get back with you as quick as I should...I'll answer asap!) :)

velcrodog
01-30-2014, 10:13 PM
Nite Twin-kie!!! Nitey nite sleep tight don't let the bedbugs bite if they do you take your shoe & beat them til they're black & blue

Kimmie
01-30-2014, 10:15 PM
Ok... got to go to work at 5 am.... gotta call it for tonight.... looking forward to what I'll see tomorrow here! :)

miloccpep
01-30-2014, 10:15 PM
Card 5: Gong Xi Fa Cai (Wishing you a Prosperous Year)

Card 6: Xin Nian Kuai Le ( Wishing you a Happy New Year)

Media used: Stamp, collage, torn paper, spangles and ink pad. traded

velcrodog
01-30-2014, 10:22 PM
Love those Miloccpep! So cute! And you had to post those Red pockets/packets what ever they are.... mine look terrible compared to those!!!!:arghh:

mcgillisj
01-30-2014, 10:29 PM
You guys always crack me up, so here's a card in honour of that:

#7- Laugh it Up!!
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/27852/small/1_g7-laugh_it_up.jpg

And I'm a certified crazy cat lady, love 'em to death, so I've made some cat cards:

#8- When cat aren't Happy
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/27852/small/1_g8-unhappy_cat.jpg

#9- Cats are smarter than dogs (sorry, Imperial Dog ;:)
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/27852/small/1_g9-cats_are_smarter_than_dogs.jpg

#10- Kittens Learn Early
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/27852/small/1_g10-kittens_learn_early.jpg

BekaH
01-30-2014, 10:37 PM
I'm still working on my fourth card...

LOVE the vampire, mcgillisj! So, I owe you one... Writing that down!

I have also written down that I owe V one so far, for the fortune cookie :)

So far, I have been able to keep up with this thread... But I dread the morning.

I'm working on my fourth card now...

After i put the little one to sleep, will do the first challenge, since it involves drawing.

And I won't post any cards until the end of the night for me, so if I owe you... Don't fret because I haven't posted yet...

mcgillisj
01-30-2014, 10:43 PM
Awww...thanks for the arch, v-dog! :jiggy:

miloccpep
01-30-2014, 10:47 PM
Love those Miloccpep! So cute! And you had to post those Red pockets/packets what ever they are.... mine look terrible compared to those!!!!:arghh:

Those are commercials Ang Pow. Yours are hand-drawn and that makes it SPECIAL!
I'll send you some when we trade.

velcrodog
01-30-2014, 10:50 PM
Okay, I did nine fortune WOW cookie cards, when those are gone I will make more.... as day one won't be over for another 21 hours....[Remember TOMORROW STARTS IN ABOUT 21 HOURS, not tomorrow morning]

I made a few weird ones in between laughing at you crazy peoples! Here they are...

Not Available Traded#10 God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently God thinks I'm a bad-ass.
138432Traded
Not Available#11 Flowers? (yes, I have my cute side too!)138433 Traded

#12 I'm sorry, you seem to have mistaken me for a woman who will take your sh*t.138434

Not Available Traded#13 I am not fat. It's just my awesomeness swelling up inside of me.138435 TRADED

#14 You look like I need a drink.138436

These are all available & don't forget to PM me if you would like one. I will trade anytime, anywhere, with anyone, etc....

Just Ducky
01-30-2014, 10:55 PM
wondering when the Year of the Duck is ????? is there a Year of the Duck ????
so while I wait on Duck year I did get a couple Year of the Horse done.. and yep, they got a little red envelope with Hell money in them...

one on the left is #1 and right one #2 (dah) ( almost finished with my last 4 of Year of the Horse )
both traded... thank you...

velcrodog
01-30-2014, 10:58 PM
Surprise

Post #233 posted by Dehh68 the MahārājŮī of Indiana and Healer of All Injuries
Just became my first secret number winner!
MahārājŮī You will get a special ATC blank as a gift in my envie to you!

Want to be a secret number winner? Just post enough so you land on one of my 'secret numbers'. After the athon I will tell you how I determined how I picked the numbers, so no one thinks I am playing favorites on this one!

Just Ducky
01-30-2014, 11:21 PM
CAKE ???? did someone say CAKE ?????
Happy Birthday Diane... would sing the birthday song for you but Ducks is a bit horse right now, his quack is way off key.

and you have made 31 cards already ??? dang lady you gonna run out of glue by midnight..... :wubclub:

BekaH
01-30-2014, 11:23 PM
Just finished my fifth... Love seeing everyone's art!!! <3 These rock!

mcgillisj
01-30-2014, 11:28 PM
Getting tired *YAWN* and have to be up for work early tomorrow, so I'll say goodnight all!!

Sorry, it looks like I'm "on" all the time, even when I'm not, because I never actually log off. I apologize if that confuses people :wubclub: Sleep tight everyone!

BekaH
01-30-2014, 11:40 PM
Good night mcgillisj!

velcrodog
01-31-2014, 12:03 AM
Ducky, your fortune WOW cookie reads...

They found out about you! RUN!!!

I just finished making your red packet and I will put this atc in your file to send out!
Thanks for the trade!!!!

and look out:policeman:

velcrodog
01-31-2014, 12:07 AM
Josie, nite!
Rock-a-bye baby, on the treetop,
When the wind blows, the cradle will rock,
When the bough breaks, the cradle will fall,
And down will come baby, cradle and all.

Just Ducky
01-31-2014, 12:17 AM
oh V:dog:... duck is already running wild... his big webbed feet are climbing snow banks and sledding down. good thing he's yellow and orange so I can find him to dig him out...

velcrodog
01-31-2014, 12:21 AM
Poor Ducky! It's just a fortune.... thank god you didn't get the one about partying naked!

Just Ducky
01-31-2014, 12:37 AM
I'm baaack... this is the last of my Chinese New Year cards... now what I gonna do ???
I just thinking... I just traded a Horse to a dog from a duck... and I thought this was a sane site....:confused::wubclub: :dog::duck:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_year_of_the_horse_3.jpg... Year of the Horse #3

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_year_of_the_horse_4.jpg.... #4

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_year_of_the_horse_5.jpg....#5

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/631/small/1_year_of_the_horse_6.jpg..... #6

Just Ducky
01-31-2014, 12:41 AM
oh and Ducky would NEVER party naked... where he goes, so goes his hat...
Dehh... got anymore of the cheesecake left... I got a hunger and love cheesecake...

so guess I go dig in the cupboard for a snack and get my buns to beddie by... got to dream up some ideas for the morning... nite all you gals..

Miss M
01-31-2014, 12:42 AM
night Ducky! enjoy your buns!

miloccpep
01-31-2014, 12:53 AM
wondering when the Year of the Duck is ????? is there a Year of the Duck ????

There is a Year of the Rooster but no duck.

Miss M
01-31-2014, 12:54 AM
well, it's getting late for me...it's almost midnight and my eyes are starting to close. So I will be heading off to bed! Tomorrow's another day another dollar mode.

Great art everyone! Looking forward to what gets posted while I'm asleep. Haven't seen those down under characters yet...so wondering what they will come up with! LOL And then there will be Marilou's mouse cards!

Good night all! Behave! (well within reason!) and see you in the morning!

Just Ducky
01-31-2014, 12:55 AM
there you are Miss M... missed ya tonight...
oh and the 'buns' ??? I talking about getting my lazy buns (butt) to bed.. but gonna eat ice cream.... yummy...

and Rita... they don't have a Duck year ??? only a chicken ??? oh well at least it's a feather animal...almost a duck..

velcrodog
01-31-2014, 01:01 AM
Okay, I'm going to bed now.... see you bright and early and with pictures of the cards I've finished.....maybe I won't quite go to bed.... but Zane wants the computer.....Night!

miloccpep
01-31-2014, 01:20 AM
Card 7: Reach for the Stars in the Year of the Horse!
Card 8: Prosperity Fish - Stamp of CNY image, Punch craft, Origami

BekaH
01-31-2014, 01:28 AM
We can sleep when we're dead! LOL!

Nah, I've given myself a cut off time tonight for cards of 1:30 am, so I can hopefully be in the bed by 2:30, no later... Not that I"m sleepy... I really could go all night! (OK, that sounded horribly wrong, lol)

Um, dehh I haven't posted any cards YET... I'm finishin them first, then I will post them to the album AND the thread. :) I'm on my seventh and them I'm going to do one hand drawn... :) So that will make eight for the night