PDA

View Full Version : Rochester 2014: Goodie Bags!!

EraserQueen
02-05-2014, 04:57 PM
Some of you have expressed interest in helping with Rochester goodie bags in your registration! (MUCHO LOVE - I will be following up with you shortly)

Who else is interested? I figured we could start the dialogue here, and get others excited. Sooo...

Question: Where is a good place to buy the actual bags from? Patti: I know you screen printed the ones four years ago, and I really liked them. Any tips?

I have contacted Rochester Art Supply about donations and possibly coupons because they are just down the street from the hotel. I also made a list of others to contact - does anyone know of other places?

We can ask for about 40 items - may be a bit more than we need, but we can always raffle stuff off too...better to have too much than too little!

Place to Beg, erm, ask for donations:
Anyone who helps with contacting people PLEASE Ask me first! I or someone else may have already contacted them - and we might not get anything, or they will think we are crazy, if they get multiple inquiries LOL

BOLD = They're donating! YAY!

Rochester Art Supply (Contacted by Eraserqueen)
Dick Blick (EQ)

Sharpie
Derwent (NK)
Prismacolor (NK)
Strathmore (NK)
Canson
Smaller online indie suppliers like ArtChix Studio or Retro Cafe Art?
Golden (EQ)
Sakura (EQ)
Yupo Corporation (EQ)
ArtChix Studio (EQ)
Retro Cafe Art (EQ)
Jennibellie (NK)
Paper Whimsy (EQ)
Interweave (EQ)
AlphaStamps (EQ)
DickBlick (EQ)
Luminarte (EQ)
Jaquard (EQ)
Utrect (EQ)
Peerless Watercolors (EQ)

Stuff others are willing to donate:

Eraserqueen: CD with some templates/images/digital stamps (If you guys have anything in this vein to offer, you could email them to me and I could burn everything on one CD?

native killette
02-05-2014, 08:01 PM
I would love to contribute, but what kind of stuff goes in, strictly supplies or handmade goodies (like small gifts) or ATCS?

I could purchase bags at my store, we have canvas ones but they are a bit pricey. Ordering canvas bags online would probably be the cheapest way to go.

native killette
02-05-2014, 08:27 PM
http://cheaptotes.com/trade_show_giveaway_totes.html

They have black :)

EraserQueen
02-05-2014, 08:38 PM
Oh! Cool! Thanks :D I know our museum has used 4Imprint (?) before, but these might be cheaper!

And yes, you can donate anything! Last time I donated a little booklet about the Color Purple LOL. But you can donate a baggie of ephemera, help solicit a company for supplies, email me some images (copyright free of course..) and I can burn them to a disc I'm making...stuff like that!

native killette
02-05-2014, 08:44 PM
Ooh how can I help solicit stuff? Do I just email them and ask nicely? Haha I would love that.

EraserQueen
02-05-2014, 09:03 PM
LOL. Yes! You can say that you are organizing convention gift bags and need 40 items, if they are interested in promoting their business and products.

It might help lend legitimacy if you give them a link to our website and they see your name there as an organizer. If you're okay with that - I can do that before you contact anyone.

Also, anyone who helps with contacting people PLEASE Ask me first! I or someone else may have already contacted them - and we might not get anything, or they will think we are crazy, if they get multiple inquiries LOL (I'll add this to the main post!)

native killette
02-05-2014, 10:05 PM
Yeah you can do that and I'll start inquiring. :)

EraserQueen
02-05-2014, 10:13 PM
Sweet :D

native killette
02-05-2014, 11:33 PM
I contacted Derwent. Attempted to contact prismacolor but there was only a small comment box and it wasn't big enough for a legitimate inquiry, so I'll have to find a better email address or something.

native killette
02-05-2014, 11:41 PM
Also contacted Strathmore.

themuppet
02-06-2014, 11:55 AM
when I did the goodiebags for the last rochester shindig, I got successful donations from Sakura, Golden, and Strathmore. I was flat-out denied by Plaid and ignored completely by Sanford (prismacolor/sharpie). I would try Liquitex and Luminarte since they just sponsored Creative Jumpstart.. I would also contact stencilgirl and crafter's workshop just because I'm addicted to stencils ;)

I think I am going to donate Dylusions :D

native killette
02-06-2014, 12:34 PM
God I wish we had LIKE buttons!

native killette
02-06-2014, 12:34 PM
What did Golden donate?

EraserQueen
02-06-2014, 01:26 PM
Golden is actually about an hour away from me - I can contact them and Sakura (I've contacted them before)!

EraserQueen
02-06-2014, 01:28 PM
NK - We have the You Rock! Buttons :D

THANK YOU Sarah! This info is super helpful!

themuppet
02-06-2014, 03:03 PM
What did Golden donate?

They donated a big box of small tubes - I think 0.5 ounces - of interference/metallic paints and mediums. somewhere I have a tube of gel gloss medium, but of course I can't find it!

EQ, I had no idea they were so close. FIELD TRIP.

native killette
02-06-2014, 08:58 PM
Oh I think I would probably be down for a GOLDEN field trip!

native killette
02-06-2014, 09:00 PM
I'd like to make personalized goodies for each participant, but hard to do so until the guest list is set in stone. Maybe I'll make something that says Art For All: Rochester attendee? Hmmm.

native killette
02-06-2014, 09:12 PM
Oh and I don't know if you guys have heard of her, but I contacted Jennibellie. She has a blog & etsy site & youtube channel. If you haven't watched any of her videos, then you should get over there! She is an amazing art journaler and tutorialist (not a word, but eh). I asked her if she wanted to donate something that would inspire our members, so we shall see. :)

EraserQueen
02-07-2014, 10:33 AM
ROAD TRIP TIME! Destination: GOLDEN.

NK: That sounds Awesome!! I've never heard of her but will have to check her page and channel out! Thank you so much!

And I like the idea of making something for each person. I plan on making 25 or so and I can get a better head count in early July!

native killette
02-07-2014, 10:38 AM
I looked into like stickers or bumper stickers but couldn't find a good deal. Will the bags be printed with a logo? I didn't know if you had decided.

EraserQueen
02-07-2014, 01:15 PM
I found that I can purchase bags from 4imprint. It's a little over $200 with shipping and everything. minimum order is 100, but if I leave the year off, we can use them again for Rochester...

Patti kindly shared her bag source, but I wouldn't have time to personally screen print everything.

native killette
02-07-2014, 04:42 PM
I know what we can do! Fabric paint markers? Or sharpies? Plain bags would be cheaper!

Amerasu
02-08-2014, 11:32 AM
I can put together a little bag of collage images/ephemera for everyone.

EraserQueen
02-10-2014, 07:15 PM
Updated the main post!

native killette
02-11-2014, 08:15 AM
I just received an email from a woman from Derwent. It looks promising! She said she was going to have someone else contact me soon!

native killette
02-11-2014, 10:55 AM
I was just contacted by Tim Depack from Derwent! Here's what he said:

Dear Ms. Brown,
Thank you for your interest in Derwent Pencils. I have received your inquiry below. I would be happy to send to you out our Derwent sample pack for you convention. It will contain 4 different pencils so your member can try out a few products. Please advise the address as to where I should send the sample packs.
Thank you

Tim DePack

themuppet
02-11-2014, 11:39 AM
Yay! That is awesome :D

native killette
02-11-2014, 01:19 PM
I know I was so psyched to get a response! IT'S ALL HAPPENING!

Hahah.

EraserQueen
02-11-2014, 01:55 PM
I know the feeling Kearston! I just got an email from a nice Lady at Jaquard, and she's sending some pearlX powder!!

Thank you SO MUCH for contacting people! *you rock*

themuppet
02-11-2014, 02:08 PM
ooOoOooo that is awesome :D

native killette
02-11-2014, 06:23 PM
OOOHH I've been wanting to try those!

EraserQueen
02-12-2014, 05:53 PM
Dick Blick is giving us some colored pencils!

boatbird
02-12-2014, 07:53 PM
what kind of files would you like for the dvd EQ? I've got some vintage music sheets and postcards I would be happy to scan for you if you PM suggested file size/ resolution etc? Something that I can donate from this side of the pond!

EraserQueen
02-13-2014, 10:43 AM
Aw!, thank you so much! That is very generous of you. Yes, any images would be awesome :D

native killette
02-19-2014, 11:46 PM
Sara from Strathmore emailed me! She's going to try to send out some stuff for us!

Quick question, the stuff I have for goodie bags, when will we be filling them? Thursday when I get there at 3? Or are we doing it Friday?

EraserQueen
02-20-2014, 08:55 AM
AWEOSME!!!! THANK YOU Kearston! I would like to try and fill them on Thursday! If you're getting in at 3pm, you can just leave the goodies in the room and I can fill the bags while you and your family get settled! I hope to have the room pretty much set up by 3pm and then open the doors to all at 4pm.

native killette
02-20-2014, 10:57 AM
Great! And I've decided not to bring my son, he's going to stay with Grammie all weekend, so more freedom for the adults! Yahoo!

EraserQueen
02-20-2014, 01:30 PM
LOL, Yay! Lucky Grammy! (??)

native killette
02-20-2014, 01:46 PM
Oh yeah, she's psyched! And she's keeping my niece (Tories daughter) so she'll have her hands full!

OH PS, received the Derwent pencil packs today!

EraserQueen
02-20-2014, 02:24 PM
YAY! What are they like??

native killette
02-20-2014, 03:42 PM
They are just little branded sleeves, containing: 1 inktense pencil, 1 watercolor pencil, 1 coloursoft pencil & 1 pastel pencil. Each pencil in the package is a different color, red, yellow, blue & green.

It's a nice variety, and I'm excited they included an inktense because a lot of people can't afford them. :)

EraserQueen
02-20-2014, 04:32 PM
Oohh! Awesome! Thanks so much for getting those! :D

native killette
02-21-2014, 08:53 PM
Got a pack of Strathmore ATC blanks for everyone!

native killette
02-26-2014, 02:25 PM
Received a bunch of packs of Strathmore illustration board today! 5 pieces in each pack, an I haven't counted the packs but it looks like more than 40!

EraserQueen
02-26-2014, 03:28 PM
WOW! LOL, any leftover can be raffled, or we could give everyone two LOL

native killette
02-26-2014, 11:36 PM
I need to count them, I don't think there's 80 though haha.

EraserQueen
02-27-2014, 10:23 AM
LOL, I'm hoping to make the cut off 25 folks. I will let in more people if we haven't met our guest room block quota - that's why estimated up to 35 people. :jiggy: