PDA

View Full Version : St Patrick's Day ATART

Pages : [1] 2 3

Donnacr
02-26-2014, 07:46 AM
Your Hosts for this wonderful time of creation will be: donnacr and just ducky

Start time (in your time zone) 12:01 am (JUST after midnight) on Thursday March 13, 2013 and end time (in your time zone) 11:59 pm (midnight) Monday March 17, 2014

What we can do: ATC’s, chunky pages, 4x6’s, inchies, twinchies, charms, jewelry, art dolls, skinny pages, journal pages, tags, rolos, gothic arches, post cards – or whatever type of art your heart calls you to create!

All mediums are welcome: collaging, sewing, painting, drawing, digital altering, photographs, metal work, beading, sculpting...

All styles are welcome: APCs, zentangles, stamps (postage and rubber), stickers, various colour schemes (b/w, pastels/brights, autumn/winter/spring/summer shades, single colours, etc)

And of course we can trade .

OPTIONAL CHALLENGES FOR THIS A-THON:

Thursday: all things green/ shamrocks (remember these are NOT 4 leaf clovers - they only have 3 sections. St Pat used them to explain the Holy Trinity - 3 separate things that make up 1 whole.)

Friday: the 'little people' and all things associated with them (leprachauns, rainbows, pots of gold)/ 'little art' - Inchies, Twinchies, Moos

Saturday: a 'Bit of the Blarney' (snarkies, jokes, etc)/ vampires

Sunday: celtic knots - examples of different knots (https://www.google.com.au/search?q=celtic+knot&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=Xc4NU_CJDY6dlQW9qYHYAw&sqi=2&ved=0CCYQsAQ&biw=1366&bih=712), an easy celtic zentangle (http://tanglepatterns.com/2011/06/how-to-draw-celtic.html)/ potato prints. That means that you cut the design into the potato, cover it with paint and then use it as your stamp - lots of fun (and messy!:wubclub:)

Monday: hide a shamrock somewhere on your card/complete those cards laying forlorn and forgotten on your table

This a-thon is open to everyone and every kind of level and types of art.

What IS an A-THON?
It’s a marathon when you can create art, done over the same time in each time zone. This thread is going to be our crafting room.

HOW IT WORKS:
Start creating art when it's time to start, then upload your lovely creations to your gallery and post to the thread. Trading and chatting are going on all the time.

HOW TO ASK FOR A TRADE:
When you find a piece of art you would like to trade, please SEND A PERSONAL MESSAGE (pm) to that person asking for a trade. Please DO NOT post requests for trades to the thread. It can get way too confusing.

Note: If you do make a trade, please be sure to send to your trade partner within two weeks. If you’re running late, communicate!

WANT TO COMPLIMENT AN ARTIST:
And you will… remember you can click the You Rock button and leave it there.

HOW TO POST YOUR ART TO THE THREAD:
From your atcsforall.com gallery:
It’s easiest to have two windows open.
1) Go to your gallery & right click on the picture you wish to post - this brings up a menu that includes “Copy Image Location”.
2) Click on the “Copy Image Location”
3) Go to your post and hit the "insert image" button (looks like a postcard)
4) Paste the address (right click, click paste or Ctrl V) into the window that pops up and hit OK - that puts the code into your post for your picture to show up; (you paste the address from the properties box over the http thingy that shows when you open the "insert image" box)
5) and then you're done.

[IMG]http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_64.jpg [/IMG

(leaving the last bracket off the above so you can see how the address will look)

Remember that images from the gallery can be small, medium or large. Find the word or letters s m l in the address and change it to 'small' or 's'.

From your computer:
1. Click POST REPLY at the bottom of the messages screen. Above the message box, click the paperclip next to the smiley face. Then upload as usual. This will upload your picture as a thumbnail.
2. If you go into the Quick Reply box at the bottom of the messages screen, click GO ADVANCED and you will get the paperclip above the message box.

From a flickr or photobucket account:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/show....php?p=1148669

NEW TO A-THONS? If you have any questions at all, feel free to pm me or justducky or post your questions to the thread. We have a lot of experienced art-a-thoners who are more than willing to help those of you new to this craziness.

IMPORTANT: REMEMBER TO PUT YOUR USERNAME ON THE BACK OF YOUR CARDS. You can't get an iTrader if your trading partner doesn't know who you are.

prayer_at_night
02-26-2014, 02:01 PM
I will be coming back from a one week holiday in London on the 13th... I guess I'll have a head full of inspiration then, so I hope to play once my bags are unpacked! :)

robcrusade
02-26-2014, 02:12 PM
This is OUTSTANDING! I am so excited about the themes.

I am scheduled to have knee surgery on the 13th, so my participation will be quite limited, if at all. :cry:

Are you kidding? I for one would be most interested to see what popped out artistically while on strong pain meds. I would be packing my"away studio" now!! :)

BekaH
02-26-2014, 02:48 PM
LOL! Diane you would crack us up, I'm sure! Go for it!

Donna, looks awesome to me! :)

marilou
02-26-2014, 03:10 PM
YES!!!!! I am in the house that weekend great themes Donna!

KESagers
02-26-2014, 03:39 PM
Sounds like fun!

jonquil
02-26-2014, 05:28 PM
Awesome Donna - can't wait!!!!

Diane - it could be interesting!!!

Donnacr
02-26-2014, 09:34 PM
Thanks for the kind words on the themes - I had to extend the Athon backwards so that I could fit them all in :D (I know that an Athon tends to extend ITSELF by a day or so after it 'officially' finishes;))

Linda4atc
02-27-2014, 04:33 PM
LOL well the only reason for an a-thon to end is so that we can mail out our trades and give our house and family a little attention.

Just Ducky
02-27-2014, 06:04 PM
goodie... I stocking up on GREEN beer and Baileys..

Diane (dehh) I will keep a cold one on ice for ya gal... or maybe a hot toddy would do better for you in this cold weather.

Vamp... see you have a new avatar.. she looking mighty ready for wearing of the green
Marilou.... glad to hear you going to come play
Sarah... yes, rest up from your vacation and start digging out the green stuff..
Lisa... I know you are gonna have some fun ideas for SNARKY ladies ...
KES and Linda... going to be fun to hang with you gals

BekaH
02-27-2014, 11:47 PM
Ducky - Oh yes! I have been having a lot of fun drawing!

CynthiaSillitoe
02-28-2014, 03:27 PM
Looking forward to it!

Amapola
03-03-2014, 08:14 PM
Bookmarking thread, I too love the themes and might have some time that weekend!

velcrodog
03-03-2014, 09:39 PM
An athon? What's an athon? I don't know if it is something I should do or not? Hmmmm, maybe if Diane shares her pain meds......

Just Ducky
03-03-2014, 09:52 PM
sure hope it warms some before the thon starts.. my Ducks is froze in his pond..
how cold is it you ask... well last night I had -23... that is 23 degrees below 0..
wonder what that is in Celsius.... oh and that ain't wind chill... hasen't been this cold in many many years... and sure hope it don't happen again anytime soon.

I am trying to think GREEN.. kinda hard when I am surrounded in white and grey... bummer..
someone tell a HOT joke and warm it up around here..

marilou
03-04-2014, 05:27 AM
Hi Ducky -23F = -35.5C!!!!! How can you survive????? Poor Ducky.
I do not think green, I am looking green.....of anger with my DIL. She is back in Gent
to work and will go home (Belfast, UK) now and then in the weekend. This means from
Saturday afternoon and leaving early morning monday! Leaving my son to take care of the two girls. GRRRRRRRRR could strangle her, what kind of mother do this to her children?

Linda4atc
03-04-2014, 02:07 PM
Sometimes the father is a more nurturing parent. It was so in my brothers marriage in the early years. I'll never forget at her first baby shower, I gave her a little gold Stork necklace. Her comment was "It's about time someone thinks of the mother."

But in later years she turned out to be a great mom.

KESagers
03-04-2014, 02:53 PM
Ducky - that's really cold. It's cold here but not that cold. The last storm missed us - went south. Everyone is weary of winter.

BekaH
03-04-2014, 05:15 PM
V :dog: You should DEFINITELY play! LOL

Linda4atc
03-04-2014, 08:37 PM
Hey folks, if you want something to do before the a-thon gets rolling Smokeysmom has a great background swap going, and you could get some backgrounds ready for the a-thon while you are at it. SERENDIPITY ATC BACKGROUNDS SWAP - DUE APRIL 10, 2014 (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28256)

Kimmie
03-04-2014, 08:39 PM
Yes, I learned from the last athon - prep work makes for more cards to trade! I've been prepping backgrounds tonight!

Donnacr
03-05-2014, 03:39 AM
I tried prepping backgrounds before an Athon once - my Muse didn't use a single one of them during the entire Athon (in fact, I STILL have some of them :D) They were/are so pretty, too :sad:

I just end up with a desk that looks as though a World War has been fought on it and over it . . . and BOTH sides lost.

It now turns out that my husband is going to a conference for most of the Athon - so I don't even have to look after him! WOO-HOO!!!!! Counting the hours till I can start - just under 8 1/2 hours to go.
finding all my green inks/ sprays/ washi paper/markers/ paper/ . . . . .

marilou
03-05-2014, 03:43 AM
you are a lucky girl Donna :>)
We have planned a get-together with some friends at the sea side, enjoying a good fish restaurant, good glass of wine and hopefully, depends on the weather, a nice walk on the digue. I will have to start on Friday after weekly shopping for food...... and on Monday I go to the city with an old friend, (window) shopping, good meal and lots of chatting. When I said I was going to be home...now means I will sleep in my own bed :>))

Donnacr
03-05-2014, 09:56 AM
Anyone who was reading my last entry carefully will know that I am SO excited that I am a week ahead of myself - I had 1 week and 8 1/2 hours :embarrassed:

mariloupatch - you have me intrigued. . . what is a 'digue'? (the rest of your weekend sounds fantastic!) I hope you enjoy it all and still come and join us occasionally

marilou
03-05-2014, 10:14 AM
DONNA a digue is a long wide path between the beach and the buildings. It is full of terraces, sidewalk cafe's and restaurants, where one can relax have a drink, watch and have remarks on the people who passes by.....fun if you are with friends :>) but maybe a bit naughty. Hope the weather will be good enough to enjoy the view.
I will try to make some cards the other days. In fact I have decided to make a Irish Chunky booklet, without dangles, and give it to the girls in Belfast. Ony one that
would like to make me a dangle-less chunky is welcome. Let me know what you want in return, atc's, chunky.....

marilou
03-05-2014, 12:36 PM
DUCKY asking for an Irish Joke?
- Q: Why wasn't Jesus born in Ireland?
- A: He couldn't find 3 wise men nor a virgin.

- Q; Do leprechauns make good secretaries?
- A: Sure, they're great at shorthand!

Just to get into the mood, more on the way!

mayaquilt
03-05-2014, 04:19 PM
I just got a great envie from V:dog: .... just right to use as backgrounds for this Athon :notworthy: 140390

Did I tell you that Dh and DS are on holiday together during this Athon? No cooking and cleaning for a week:jiggy:

prayer_at_night
03-05-2014, 04:53 PM
My dear a-thon friends, I just wanted to let you know that I'll be in London for a week - I'm leaving tomorrow, and I'm not taking my laptop with! ;) So, if you find anyone who's desperate to contact me, please be so kind to tell them that I'll be back when the a-thon starts, okay?
Thanks a lot! *big group hug* :wubclub:
I'll think of you guys when I'm in the most wonderful city ever. ;)
Behave while I'm gone! :biglaugh:

Linda4atc
03-05-2014, 04:56 PM
I agree I often make backgrounds that I don't use (for a long time) But When I am collaging I love to have a box full of backgrounds both plain and fancy at my fingertips.

I said I was going to Eureka this weekend and would be able to play. Plans have changed. Now I am not sure when I'm going and may or may not be available to play.

Jean
03-05-2014, 05:36 PM
I'm so glad I saw this! I'm subscribing to th thread right now! I really need to get back to it, but it's so much trouble when one is in bed. Deb got me a tray, though, so this might make it easier. *crossing fingers* There are some swaps I'd like to join but I have to make the cards first as health makes art-making iffy. The ATART is just the push I need, and I hope to make cards to trade, too.

BekaH
03-05-2014, 08:25 PM
Awesome envie from v :dog:, very interesting! You're right, Maya, will be cool for backgrounds!

Aw Jean I really hope that you start feeling better! HUGS

velcrodog
03-06-2014, 12:47 AM
I have gone envie crazy! I can't tell you how many envies I have made in preparation for this athon.... Some crazy ones have gone out..... I am even decorating my bills (water & trash are the only ones I mail) and my mail-lady even came up to my door and talked with me for about 15 minutes and wanted to know what goes out in those crazy envies and what I am getting in those other crazy envies.... I opened up one of them in front of her and wouldn't you know it... it was an ATC of a half naked man!!!! She loved it and wanted to take it home with her!!!!!

I always have a huge stash of ATC blanks ready. I make them constantly. I just got in 5 cans of spray adhesive from amazon, so I can get ready for this athon! I have little boxes all over the place with all kinds of different blanks. I just did a demonstration of gelli plates at the local craft store for a day and I took all my own supplies in as I wanted to make some backgrounds (and envies) for this athon. I have stacks of paper and I am ready to rock and roll!

Donnacr
03-06-2014, 01:21 AM
jean - I sure hope that you can play. I haven't added one of your cards to my collection for FAR too long.

prayer at night - I will have to visit London through your eyes. My husband had promised to take me to visit the UK this year but then landed the job in Indonesia so the UK gets put back again huge sigh

marilou - great jokes to start us off. I inherited the anti-joke telling gene from my mother - somehow she always ends up spoiling the punchline (if she remembers it at all :D)

mayaquilt - should we feel guilty that we are so pleased that our men folk are vacating the premises for the weekend? :no::jiggy:

Linda - I hope that you get to play at least a little, or just pop in and say hello

velcrodog - now you HAVE to play as I want one of your decorated envelopes!!

Jewels
03-06-2014, 09:45 AM
Hope to play, we'll see.

BekaH
03-06-2014, 04:11 PM
I want a decorated envelope too! LOL

sunriseiz
03-06-2014, 05:30 PM
Oh, I want to play! However, it's my middle child's birthday weekend (he'll be 8) with potential sporting events, etc. My fam is not vacating. I will play if I can squeeze it in! :D

BekaH
03-06-2014, 06:48 PM
I haven't been as motivated lately, though I've been crafting a lot on and off, so my cards may be limited, but I'll still be happy to trade what I DO make! :)

Kimmie
03-06-2014, 06:52 PM
LOL!!! Guess what my Leprechaun name is???

....Bleary O'Rainbow!!!! ok, I'm a bleary rainbow!!! lmbo!!!!!

Anyone else want to know your Leprechaun name????....I need this info:
1) LAST LETTER of your FIRST name
2) FIRST LETTER of your LAST name....lol confusing!

(Is it ok if I offer to look these up, Donna and Ducky??...hummmm..I should have asked before posting, huh? :confused: :biglaugh: )

Donnacr
03-06-2014, 10:48 PM
Decals gal - let's get us all in the mood! last letter of my First name is: A, first letter of my Last name is: R. Can't wait to see my leprechaun name :jiggy::jiggy:

Just Ducky
03-06-2014, 10:59 PM
oh oh..... me too.... last letter of first name is Y first letter of last name is N
dang, you know I had to retype this 3 times... I soooo confussed...:confused:

wait... Ducky wants a Leprechaun name too.... he is..... T.....D and a pain in the buns most times...

miloccpep
03-06-2014, 11:18 PM
I would love a Leprechaun name as well please.
Last letter of first name is A and
First letter of last name is T.

Jean
03-06-2014, 11:22 PM
Last letter of first name is N
First letter of last name is P

I finally got motivated to make art today!!!! I'm RAKing a friend who just had surgery (if you want to make a 4x4 butterflfy page to send her, just PM me) and I started TWO 4x4s! One is a sunflower butterflower that needs a border, the other is a collage butterfly on a mysterious blue/green/purple background with a few leaves. :D

I'll get some blanks ready and check my postage stash for trades...

Kimmie
03-07-2014, 12:03 AM
LEPRECHAUN names are:

Donnacr - SPRINKLES MCKNOB

Just Ducky - STUMPY O'SHIMERS

miloccpep - WHISPERS O'SHIVERS

Jean - GREENIE McFEVERISH

LOL, there you are, my friends! (I took a little artistic change so each would have something different!)

miloccpep
03-07-2014, 12:47 AM
LOL! Thank you Decals_gal. Now I am trying to figure out whether I should be whispering w a quiver or whispering something evil to make others 'Shivers'!

Kimmie
03-07-2014, 01:17 AM
LEPRECHAUN NAME FOR LITTLE DUCKY - Peevish McMuffin !!!!

...sorry, little ducky.....I forgot to post that one! :embarrassed:

or, maybe it should be Peevish McDuckin!

Linda4atc
03-07-2014, 03:13 AM
I guess I should be Sprinkles McSpud. I thought the Sprinkles was great since I could probably name every public bathroom within a 50 mile radius. But I kind Of made up my own more fitting last name after looking at the list, and then my hubby changed the first when I told him... So can I be Tinkles McPotsy? :D

BekaH
03-07-2014, 03:56 AM
omg! lmao! you ladies crack me up!!! Decals_gal, I want to know mine!!!

Letters - H, D

Linda, you're too funny! :biglaugh:

Donnacr
03-07-2014, 04:56 AM
I couldn't wait!! I have changed my title - now address me as Sprinkles, please. :P

In Australia we have a cake topping called 'sprinkles' - it is sort of like elongated hundreds and thousands, very sweet.

Nice to have you along for the ride - Tinkles. . .not forgetting to welcome Stumpie, Whispers, Greenie and Peevish.
Isn't that a perfect name for an annoying little ducky? Have his feathers grown back yet or is the cold the reason he is so peevish?

Kimmie
03-07-2014, 05:03 AM
LEPRACHAUN name for:

Vampiress_rose - Clover McMuffin (are you kin to little ducky??)

Kimmie
03-07-2014, 05:06 AM
Peevish McDucky is perfect for little ducky!! I love it!

marilou
03-07-2014, 11:08 AM
Hey girls, I was out one, I say only 1 day, and looks what happens.
Please give me an Irish name, I already booked tickets to Ireland for April :>)))
Last letter E, first V.

marilou
03-07-2014, 11:10 AM
oeps....forgot a joke, a one-liner really.
I went out drinking on St Patricks day, so I took the bus home....
That may not be a big deal to you, but I've never driven a bus before.

Donnacr
03-07-2014, 11:18 AM
I knew I knew that joke! (but couldn't remember the punchline - glad you told me :embarrassed:)

Linda4atc
03-07-2014, 12:49 PM
I knew I knew that joke! (but couldn't remember the punchline - glad you told me :embarrassed:)

LOL, this made me laugh more than the joke. It is sooo like me.

Jewels
03-07-2014, 01:19 PM
Snicker. Speaking of groan-worthy jokes how about:

Don't ever Iron you Shamrocks... You wouldn't want to press your Luck.

velcrodog
03-07-2014, 02:32 PM
I WANT TO KNOW MY NAME TOO!

I am not giving out titles!
We go by our leprechaun names this time!!!
Thanks for the brain break!

Oh, yeah.... oh, what order I don't know, I forgot...Y is the last letter of my FIRST name and H is the first letter of my LAST name.... did I get that right? Oh, you know my name! If it's not right, fix it for me.... my brain is about to explode...

Oh, forgot to mention...... I put the Mail-Lady (or should I say Male loving Lady) story is on Mayaquilts ATC comments... too funny ... read it here...

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=400254&page=1#comment501039

I just did a bunch of ATCs and tags from the gelli plate scraps I had from demo I was doing last weekend.... I have had fun! - Check out my gallery - I just uploaded them! I know, not my usual, but I did do the old ladies at the seashore to "keep it real."

Getting excited about next weekend!!!!!!

velcrodog
03-07-2014, 03:00 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28365

That is a new PIF that DeepDarkHana started! It is anything BUT atc's ! Too much fun... check it out.

Jean
03-07-2014, 03:02 PM
Snicker. Speaking of groan-worthy jokes how about:

Don't ever Iron you Shamrocks... You wouldn't want to press your Luck.

Laughed out loud for real on that one, but I'm a wee bit McFeverish...;)

BekaH
03-07-2014, 03:28 PM
Clover, I like the name! I must be lucky! And maybe I am related to Ducky! Hey I made a rhyme ;) Now we just need a lymerick :P hahaha... I crack myself up!

BekaH
03-07-2014, 03:29 PM
wait, aren't mcmuffins something they serve at mcdonalds? :confused: Is this a new sandwich, a clover mcmuffin? Wonder what they'd think if I went through the drive thru and asked for one! HAHA.

velcrodog
03-07-2014, 04:41 PM
V-Rose, I love limericks! I just made this one up for you...

There was a young girl named V-Rose.
Who to wear, could not find any clothes,
The called her McMuffin,
Thru the streets she ran buff in,
Till she finally found VERY BIG bows.

it's not the best - but it was the first thing I thought of...

I can see you now running thru the streets of your town wearing nothing but 2 big bows.......

velcrodog
03-07-2014, 04:42 PM
I want my new leprechaun name!!!

mayaquilt
03-07-2014, 07:33 PM
Getting a bit impatient V:dog:?

BekaH
03-08-2014, 12:16 AM
Of course we all know the Irish tend to have tempers so what better time to get impatient? ;)

And I love the lymerick, too hilarious! You're a true poet, V :dog: :D

velcrodog
03-08-2014, 12:38 AM
....still waiting on my name ..... but I will be calm and not bite anyone......

Kimmie
03-08-2014, 03:10 AM
Gosh, I was going through AFA withdrawal! :arghh: 4 INCHES of sleet with a little snow mixed in, and that dang FREEZING RAIN (over 1/4" ice!! Trees down everywhere...5 trees split/uprooted just from what I can see from the windows. No heat...LOL, but lots of dang sleep. Power off at 9:35 am Friday - back on at 1:00 am Sat! My county is in a state of emergency. Thankful though, it could have been much worse!

OK....enough with the explaining! lol

LEPRECHAUN name for:

velcrodog - Tater McDoodles (first name change as we already have a Stumpy - Tater work for you, V-:dog: ???? )

Kimmie
03-08-2014, 03:18 AM
Ok, miss marilou!!!...I didn't forget you, sweetie!!!! (had to get poor, little V-:dog: 's name asap!!)

LEPRECHAUN name for:

marilou - Warty O'Wickless !!! :err: LMAO - I LOVE IT!!! One of my favorites so far!!!!

marilou
03-08-2014, 04:07 AM
Thanks Decals, love the sound of it, but have no idea what it means :biglaugh:
Could you translate please.....
Joke of the day

Why does Irish people wear shamrocks on St Patricks day?
Regular rocks are toooo heavy!

Kimmie
03-08-2014, 04:40 AM
hummmm.....ok.....wick's def's could be:

In the book "The Secret Garden" the term wick is used to describe something/someone as being alive or lively.

Middle English weke, wicke, from Old English wēoce; akin to Old High German wiohha wick, Middle Irish figid "he weaves"
First Known Use: before 12th century

.....ummmm....maybe you DON'T weave?? lol weave less? not lively....sort of "laid back" ???

**warty - " a horny projection on the skin "... I'm not saying nothin' !! :)

marilou
03-08-2014, 07:19 AM
O'Wickless, ok, I do not weave but like the sound of the word
warty, so it is what I thought it was....I object, and by the way, there is absolutely no W in my name. Pleaaaase change warty :cry:

Kimmie
03-08-2014, 09:25 AM
Ok, marilou! anything for you, dear! How about....

Lucky O'Wickless ??? You feeling lucky today, lady?

Donnacr
03-08-2014, 10:49 AM
I thought a wick was the part of the candle which kept the flame :confused:

Lucky O'Wickless - possibly means lucky in the dark?!? :wubclub::policeman:

velcrodog
03-08-2014, 11:04 AM
Oh, I like the sound of being lucky in the dark!!!!

(I was NOT thinking that.... I was thinking about the definition of a foot. A foot is an instrument to find furniture in the dark)

Thank you for my name... I will change it stat.......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

marilou
03-08-2014, 11:11 AM
LOL what about lucky & bright (flame...wick...) But wickless = without a wick?
Thanks anyway for my name, love it.

marilou
03-08-2014, 11:14 AM
and....
what is the difference between an Irish wedding and an Irish funeral?????

1 less drunk at the party.

Jewels
03-08-2014, 11:17 AM
What about me? Anything? Last letter is A, First letter is R

velcrodog
03-08-2014, 11:18 AM
What is with all this nasty weather y'all are getting up north.... This is one heck of a bad winter I am thinking.... It is not normal is it...??

It has been so long, I can't remember (now you are going to kick the dog aren't you?)

It is cold here today too.... it is 51F... (now you will kick the dog twice)

Here is a live feed from the St. Pete Beach and more... scroll down below the radar forecast....

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/category/235313/live-radar-stream

velcrodog
03-08-2014, 11:18 AM
Now you will not only kick the dog... but throw him out in the snow too!

Jewels
03-08-2014, 11:21 AM
Knock Knock
Who's there?
Irish!
Irish Who?

Irish you a Happy St Pats Day!

Lorali
03-08-2014, 12:31 PM
Think I'll subscribe, maybe I can make it, sounds like fun!

Kimmie
03-08-2014, 02:56 PM
What about me? Anything? Last letter is A, First letter is R

LEPRECHAUN name for:

Jewels - Blarney Shillelagh !!! (had to do a little switch-a-roo; everyone needs a different name! a lot come out the same!)

Jewels, if you like, I like; if you no like, me change! :)

Kimmie
03-08-2014, 03:20 PM
(since many are coming up with the same first or last names, I'll offer some combinations that haven't been used...these are available)

AVAILABLE LEPRECHAUN NAMES:

Rusty McWoozy
Fortune McWhiskey
Dizzy McTavern
Patty O'Wobbles
Clumsy O'Bourbon Hummmm..... these are all the drinker leprachauns, I guess!

...and anymore anyone can think up! (Linda4atc's was terrific!)

Kimmie
03-08-2014, 03:23 PM
What is with all this nasty weather y'all are getting up north.... This is one heck of a bad winter I am thinking.... It is not normal is it...??

It has been so long, I can't remember (now you are going to kick the dog aren't you?)

It is cold here today too.... it is 51F... (now you will kick the dog twice)

Here is a live feed from the St. Pete Beach and more... scroll down below the radar forecast....

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/category/235313/live-radar-stream

NC weather is unpredictable.... Monday, Tuesday, and Friday this week....snow, sleet, teen's for low temps - Last Sunday and today, it's mid 60's!!!!! Now we have a white swamp everywhere!

KESagers
03-08-2014, 04:28 PM
VelcroDog - this is not a normal winter. I have lived in NJ all my life an we have had winters with more snow-fall but never a winter with this many storms. I do not remember a winter where we have had white on the ground all winter long. Usually it snows and melts and then maybe it snows again and melts. This year the cord to my Christmas lights has been buried under ice and snow since Christmas. (Yes we are the last house left lit. I have no idea how everyone else has gotten theirs down - maybe their lights have just burned out.) But it seems all across the country the weather has been crazy with extremes.

jonquil
03-08-2014, 05:03 PM
How about Sprinkles McTurnips???? that's what i end up being hmmmmmm

Just Ducky
03-08-2014, 06:53 PM
so fun seeing all the new LEPRECHAUN names....

I tweeked Ducky name just a tad... and does seem to fit him well... now got to see if he will let me dye his feather green....

Just Ducky
03-08-2014, 07:04 PM
oh Jonquil... YES... Sprinkles ... good fit... Sprinkles... McSnarky ???

Miss Iowa
03-08-2014, 07:33 PM
Thanks for the laughs, ladies.

I used my screen name and ended up with Goldie O'Looney for my leprechaun name. Sadly enough, it fits. lol

Miss Iowa
03-08-2014, 07:44 PM
Because I'm blonde. :biglaugh: ;)

Kimmie
03-08-2014, 08:03 PM
LOL!!! Sprinkles McSnarky!!! Excellent!
Goldie O'looney!!!!.... Awesome!!!!
I love them!!!

mayaquilt
03-08-2014, 08:20 PM
Hmmm my new name seems to be Fluffy Greenknickers.....

Kimmie
03-08-2014, 10:05 PM
LOL!!! I love that one, too, maya!!!!

BekaH
03-09-2014, 12:11 AM
OHMYGOD!!!!! You guys!!!!!

Why did I say that the first letter of my last name is D? It's not! Not anymore! Hasn't been for almost three months! Egh!

So we'll go with Clover, but my last name is gunna have to be changed... Cause the last name starts with an H now, not with a D! (And I'm kinda glad cause I really didn't wannt be a mcmuffin! lol)

So I looked and mine is McDoodles, which is MUCH more fittings, and artistic! Clover McDoodles it is! Top o'the morning to ya!

Jean
03-09-2014, 12:49 AM
We can tweak our names?! I'd like to lose Feeverish, lol. NO suggestions of illness ...

So then....Greenie O'Nutheround be m'name, Bailey's and chocolate be m'game!

velcrodog
03-09-2014, 01:28 AM
Okay, I tweeked my name to... Being a Velcrodog- there is only one thing that a Velcrodog likes more than it's pack of humans.... and that is FOOD!
Did somebody say food?
Oh, that was me...
anyway.... Taters McDoodles was alright, cuz Velcrodogs like taters.... but McDoodles? I like McFoodles much better as there is FOOD in there!

BekaH
03-09-2014, 01:33 AM
Good! Because I'm McDoodles, lol! :P But I guess we could be related? eh? We are quite alike ;)

jonquil
03-09-2014, 03:48 AM
oh yes Sprinkles McSnarky it is

Kimmie
03-09-2014, 08:48 AM
AWESOME!!! LOL!!!!!
(I'll have to write all these down so I can remember who everyone is!!! :confused: )

marilou
03-09-2014, 02:58 PM
...LOL Dehh what about Limpy O'Toole????

marilou
03-09-2014, 03:03 PM
I know a very naughty joke, not sure if I would write it down :confused:
and now something dedicated to Ducky

If liquor were a pond and I were a duck Id swim to the bottom and never come up.
But liquor (Bailey's!!!!) is not a pond and I am not a duck so tip your cup and lets get f.... up!

Jean
03-09-2014, 03:52 PM
LOL Earlier this week I was chilly so had a cup of hot cocoa and Deb put a splash of Bailey's in it. Heaven in a mug!

Kimmie
03-09-2014, 05:05 PM
Oh my....what's this -ATART gonna be like when it actually starts up if we're already this cranked up?? LOL!

Linda4atc
03-09-2014, 06:06 PM
Oh my....what's this -ATART gonna be like when it actually starts up if we're already this cranked up?? LOL!

:lol: Tinkles McPotsy here, and I know what you mean. Since I don't know how much time I will have during the a-thon I sure wish we could start now. I spent the day making Green backgrounds (and my hands are a pretty shade of green) so I will be able to participate even if my time is limited. But some of these will probably be used as a hostess gift for the background swap.

Question... can someone link me or tell me how to do the shaving cream backgrounds. I tried them with two different paints today and made a big mess.

velcrodog
03-09-2014, 07:10 PM
INKS!!! Use the re-inker for dye ink!! Not paint... and glossy paper, I use photo papers....

Linda4atc
03-09-2014, 07:53 PM
Thanks Tater McFoodles I may try again tomorrow with ink. Do I let it dry with the shaving cream still on the paper? or rinse it off? or ? Here is some of backgrounds so far.

I better remember to take my Holiday images book with me to Staples when I go into town, to get some St Patty's images.

miloccpep
03-09-2014, 08:10 PM
Hey gang...I can't remember how to change the blurb under my name. I want to adopt "Limpy O'Toole

Click USER CP
Click on EDIT DETAIL.

velcrodog
03-09-2014, 08:13 PM
You scrap off the shaving cream with a spatula... then let it dry..

And you can't wait till tomorrow... you MUST do it NOW!!!

(boy, do I sound bossy or what? Bet she won't listen to me anyway...)

Linda4atc
03-10-2014, 12:11 AM
Thanks Dehh.

You scrap off the shaving cream with a spatula... then let it dry..

And you can't wait till tomorrow... you MUST do it NOW!!!

(boy, do I sound bossy or what? Bet she won't listen to me anyway...)

ROFL, well it is f ours later not NOW... But I guess I could try it tonight....:embarrassed:

velcrodog
03-10-2014, 12:17 AM
OMG!!!! She listened to me, kinda, I am amazed..... Nobody ever listens to me!!!

Now I want to do some shaving cream backgrounds.... I like using the glossy paper best, but if you get a REAL textured paper it looks GREAT too. But it always smells like shaving cream... even a year later... so get one that smells good.... and use dye ink re inkers.... and now you owe me a steak, or a hamburger, or a lasagna, or ............
Tater McFoodles be me name!!!

Linda4atc
03-10-2014, 01:28 AM
We just had a pretty good Earthquake here in California. I hope everyone is Okay! I am in Navarro and my husband is all the way up in Eureka and it shook both of us pretty good! (It is 41/2 hour drive from one place to the other)

marilou
03-10-2014, 02:13 AM
OMG Linda, hope you are all ok and not too much damage.
We had a tiny earthquake years ago, during the night, and I simpl slept through, never felt anything. The rest of the family woke up and heard the glasses tinkling in the cupboard.
No shaving creme in the house, and I am not sure I would like the mess :nah:
I am preparing some chunky's, have seen a cute St Patrick bird, and maybe I
make a chunky book of those. Still 3 days to think.

marilou
03-10-2014, 02:18 AM
I will be away for most of the day, so here is something you all will love

Drink green beer on St Patricks Day, it counts as a vegetable!

Linda4atc
03-10-2014, 02:28 AM
I'm pretty sure nobody is hurt. It sounds like it was located a little south of Eureka, so it was closer to him but between both our locations. We did not have anything fall or break.

The good thing about the shaving cream I bought, it had almost no smell. But I tried three different times and made nothing but a mess. It was a waste of good ink. I prefer just applying it directly or using one of the Tim Holtz alcohol ink techniques. Hey Tater McFoodles I did try, but if it costs me a steak I can understand why nobody listens to you. ;)

Going to bed now, have fun marilou.

BekaH
03-10-2014, 02:50 PM
glad to hear all is ok linda!

Love the backgrounds, especially the altered club card with the green on it, very st. patricks day ish!

Just Ducky
03-10-2014, 10:55 PM
shaving cream... Linda... try using food coloring... that's what I use.. just squirt a small pile of shaving cream on a piece of was paper... drop a drop of food color in center... I then use my small wood thing (pop sickle stick) and just blend it in some.. now just lay your piece of paper (I just use my regular paper I make cards with) lift off and scrape off all the excess stuff.. let dry.. should dry in just a few minutes... if it wants to curl, flatten under a heavy book... oh and you can use more then one color and blend as you like...

Just Ducky
03-10-2014, 11:04 PM
so dang much fun reading all you gals leprechaun names...

Marilou... loving the Ducky joke.... and ducky does love his Baileys...

Decals.... ok gal... we got to do something about you and your lack of AVATAR picture.. you been hanging here for how long now ? and no cutie AVATAR picture.. so I am wondering what would be a fitting picture for you..puppy ? kittie ? French pin-up ?

Kimmie
03-11-2014, 02:31 AM
Yep, Ducky.... was thinkin' I be needin' a wee li'l pic meself... but hain't come upon one me likes as o' today. I be lookin' an thinkin' on it. :)

Linda4atc
03-11-2014, 03:07 AM
Thanks Nancy. Maybe I will try again someday.... But I was so disgusted with my results that I gave my can of shaving cream to my hubby. My muse just did not want the reminder.

sniisk
03-11-2014, 03:29 AM
Hmm... Technically I have a free weekend. And I'm alone (meaning that my husband is in a different country). So, why not to play. I still don't have that much supplies here and I won't buy more because I have to bring them with me when I leave and I don't like to have too much stuff. But I think I have enough to make some cards. And then I need more creativeness because I don't have too many options in use. I know that my mom brought me some lovely supplies but they are all in Finland.

Evalila
03-11-2014, 07:16 AM
Great idea - IŽm having a rough time lately and some fun crafting time would be great. Not sure if IŽll be in the mood to play, but IŽll try :)

marilou
03-11-2014, 07:40 AM
Hi Evy, has been a long time! Hang on there, and hope you have fun. You have been missed dear!

Linda4atc
03-11-2014, 12:00 PM
Hi Evalia, big hugs sweetie. Sniisk I look forward to seeing what you got. It looks like I am going to be in Eureka for the a-thon. But since I have backgrounds done I am sorting through images and printed out a some Old Irish sayings to take with me.

Like Sniisk I won't have much to work with. Knowing me I will probably end up packing a bunch of stuff and not using most of it. I will be working all day but will have little to do at night.

I am working on a couple art dolls right now, one for the PIF and one as a RAK. I'd like to get them done before I go but I may get busy and prep more backgrounds to give me more options to play with.

Hi Dehh68, how do you use the embossing paste? Is it just smeared on for texture or is there a way to get fine control? And would other color paints work in it?

Linda4atc
03-11-2014, 12:36 PM
"as of late"?

Aren't we supposed to try everything at least once? I am constantly trying new things buying a bunch of stuff to do it then moving on to something else. The good thing is most of the time I come back to later. Like collage, I was actually thinking of getting rid of a lot of my collage clutter, and the last a-thon got me back into it.

marilou
03-11-2014, 12:41 PM
Dehh & Linda, I used the paste a lot to add texture. It is a great medium. I use white
and colour it with acrylics, ink, Perfect pearls....LOVE it!

marilou
03-11-2014, 02:50 PM
Wow the embossing paste worked great. I think it needs a light colour added....not sure
how, what...yellowish maybe or something glued on. But it sure has a lot of dept!

CynthiaSillitoe
03-11-2014, 04:35 PM
I'm really looking forward to this!

BekaH
03-11-2014, 06:25 PM
Modeling paste works great, and you can get it at Michael's, if you get their brand "Artist's Loft", it's very reasonable, especially if you use a coupon. I like it... But I've been wanting to try gesso too... Not sure what the difference is exactly?

Linda4atc
03-11-2014, 08:38 PM
I made the mistake of buying the big half gallon of gesso. I had it for awhile don't think I even used it, and when I tried it was so thick I had to squeeze the jug to get some out. I tried adding water to the little bit I used and it came out looking like it had cottage cheese curds in it. It is in a plastic jug with a small cap, it would be impossible to really stir in water. :mad:

marilou
03-12-2014, 04:23 AM
Linda, hope you did not tossed the gesso out! Find some pot with a lid that close well and put the gesso in, then you can easy add water and stir with a lolliepop stick or something alike.
I use gesso in mixed media to cover parts I do not like, or soften the colours. Also when I have some paper that is very porous (? not sure about the word) cover it with some gesso first and you can use the paper for inks, acrylics etc...

Donnacr
03-12-2014, 12:42 PM
I am still trying to like gesso - not one of my go-to products.:no:
Well, it is now after midnight on Thursday morning so here are 2 cards to get us officially started - lots of shamrocks on one and just lots of green on the other (our 2 themes for Day 1).
I am now off to bed as I have been up since 5.30am (husband was flying out early on a business trip) and it is now 12.45am.

Sleep tight all those on my side of the world and I look forward to seeing what has been created while I slept.

May the green madness begin!!

KESagers
03-12-2014, 02:23 PM
Is it time already? :err:

Love those cards Donnacr!

marilou
03-12-2014, 02:55 PM
Lovely cards Sprinkless, another 4 hours to go for me, but then I hope I will be fast asleep.
I have been working in the garden by 18C mid March, the world turns crazy, not normal. Lots of bees, butterflies etc...mid March???? It will possibly snowing by the end of the month. Crazy times.

velcrodog
03-12-2014, 03:13 PM
It started!!!!!! On the other side of the world!!!! I don't care.... I am going to start this evening - while I am watching the boob tube! I won't post till midnight! It's not fair that we aren't suppose to start now..... Zulu time was great, but I think the next athon should start when the first person goes into the day and end when the last person goes out of the day.... Did I make any sense at all????

KESagers
03-12-2014, 03:21 PM
Well now that's an idea we haven't tried yet. I'll second the motion for the next marathon.

Kimmie
03-12-2014, 03:24 PM
It started!!!!!! On the other side of the world!!!! I don't care.... I am going to start this evening - while I am watching the boob tube! I won't post till midnight! It's not fair that we aren't suppose to start now..... Zulu time was great, but I think the next athon should start when the first person goes into the day and end when the last person goes out of the day.... Did I make any sense at all????

I hear ya, Taters!!!! I'm so anxious to start meself! (I think I'll have to work my public job more this weekend, dang it, but I'll art/post as much as possible - I'm way more organized this go-round! :)

Kimmie
03-12-2014, 03:26 PM
Ok....so, here in the USA, we begin at 12:01 AM ON THURSDAY? which is late tonight? after midnight? weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

jonquil
03-12-2014, 03:28 PM
have to dig out my shamrocks and my green gals for my snarkies - found three very pertinent St Patricks Day snarky sayings - once they are done I will post - unfortunately work will get in the way a little bit!!!!

Might even be able to organise some green meeces, ducks & kitties!!!

Kimmie
03-12-2014, 03:39 PM
I'm laying claim to one of those wonderful snarkies, too, Sprinkles, please!! (sometime during this ATART!! :D )

Hazartist1
03-12-2014, 03:45 PM
Thanks for the invitation, Velcrodog! I think I will be playing! I've been missing all the athons. And I want to do some one on one trades. I don't know how Irish my art will be....I'm not promising any of that ...just art. So, please hit me up for a trade if I post something you like. My husband is "in love" with the Celtic Women. Wish I could get my hands on a Celtic Woman doll. HINT! LOL!

jonquil
03-12-2014, 03:50 PM
Bleary - will put one aside for you

inkyfingers
03-12-2014, 03:53 PM
Lurking...

Juliaom
03-12-2014, 04:09 PM
WHAT DO YOU MEAN WE IRISH HAVE BAD TEMPERS. WE LIKE OUR TEMPERS, IT HOLDS OUR FAMILY TOGETHER.
Marilou has a good sense of Irish humour. I dropping these danged Sham's tho.
Just call me Scarlett O'Mara O'Hara, since I am really an O'Hara and my sister is really Scarlett by name. Thanks Dad, told ya the Irish have a sense of humour.

Jean
03-12-2014, 04:22 PM
It's starting! It's starting! Just not yet.... :( I had DSS find my blanks and got my paints at the ready. I'll just be doing watercolor, I think, as acrylic is a recipe for disaster when you're stuck in bed with a cat taking up most of the room within arm's length, lol.

Deb did get me some Speedball white acrylic ink, though. I called the Speedball people to see if watercolor would bleed through, but the guy wasn't at his desk so I had to leave a msg. About 20 min later, he calls me to tell me that he tried the ink over watercolor paint, using a brush and a dip-pen, and that while the brushing picked up some color, the dip pen did not. I was so pleased that he actually tested it for me!

I called the Daler Rowney people re: their Pro-White ink, but the girl (lovely accent but seemed bored to tears) merely read me the copy from the website. argh.

Anyway, I'm anxious to try it out.

Kimmie
03-12-2014, 04:37 PM
Bleary - will put one aside for you

Woo hoo!!! :) Thank you in advance!

JenUrebel
03-12-2014, 04:55 PM
I will definitely be lurking. I have a "presentation" to a fiber artist's guild group on Friday morning about ATCs, their history, how to make 'em etc. So I have to gather my thoughts and supplies and be prepared to pull that off. Once that is done though, if I can figure out how to easily access my photos from camera to thread at home (I do it at wok all of the time ;)) I might just maybe be able to join in.

BekaH
03-12-2014, 05:03 PM
Geez! I wasn't thinking straight. I was thinking I should start tomorrow rather than tonight... Aye! Don't know if I will get any art done tonight or not before bed, but MAY try, no promises.... Love your shamrocks donnacr!

P.S. I regretfully state that all of my trades this time will have to be inside the US :( Can't afford international at the moment :( Hope you all understand!

velcrodog
03-12-2014, 05:21 PM
....just wanted everyone in the US to know that Puerto Rico is in the USA and from the USA only needs a 49 cent stamp.... Someone had asked - so I decided to put it on the thread...

marilou
03-12-2014, 05:33 PM
I am sorry but do understand v rose! I am in bed with my ipad, one chunky ready will post tomorrow, with a joke :)

BekaH
03-12-2014, 05:37 PM
Thank you so much for understanding marilou! I am on my last set of stamps and have to stretch them as far as I can... I know it only costs 65 cents more to mail internationally but 65 cents adds up when you do it internationally. I only have twelve stamps left and it takes three to mail internationally... :( There are SOOOO many times that I look at someone's art and think "Man, I really want to ask to trade for that!" only to check their profile and find out that they are international :( It doesn't make ME very happy either. I'd love to be better off financially but am very thankful that we DO have what we NEED.

megan457
03-12-2014, 06:27 PM
Sounds like fun!! It will be a good way to relax after this hectic week!

Juliaom
03-12-2014, 07:51 PM
I have a name for someone, maybe me, although its hard to give up O'HARA>
How's about ERIN GO'BRALESS.
Never use them unless I am forced to leave the house.

velcrodog
03-12-2014, 08:02 PM
Omg !!!! I love the name!!!!!

BekaH
03-12-2014, 08:35 PM
So, is it okay with donnacr if we start early like v :dog: mentioned? The way I am feeling right now, I don't know if I'll be able to make it much past midnight my time tonight... I have a headache (Just took some tylenol so we will see if that helps) and I'm sleepy (Drinking coffee at the moment, lol)... But it would really help me out if we could start. I know what the rules are but I also know v :dog: mentioned something about starting already? Maybe I misunderstood! LOL. Just give me the go ahead and I'm game.. .LOL

Glad to have you along for the game this time Juliaom! Can't wait to see what you come up with! You know I adore your art! <3

And Diane, I like tangling, it's fun... Sometimes. LOL. But if you can't do anything else, you at least have to doodle ;) I also have a few fun doodles pinned on pinterest, I'll find you the link and maybe you can try out some of them if you get the hinkering?

PINTEREST (http://www.pinterest.com/bekadockery3/arts-crafts-ideas/) You have to scroll all the way down the page but there are a few cute doodle ideas I have pinned there, if you wish to take a peek...

And here is the best link to zentangle patterns. Just pick a pattern you like and do it! Easy peasy! - http://tanglepatterns.com/

velcrodog
03-12-2014, 08:37 PM
I am on my phone..excuse any typos.....

I just finished a card... I have titled it "erin-go-braless" and it looks wonderful!!!!! Just wait till I post it! Anyone want to take it now, before I even post it???

BekaH
03-12-2014, 08:38 PM
v :dog: ... As I understand, you've already started your cards right, but you're not posting til midnight? I just want to make sure it is ok for me to go ahead and start...

Donnacr
03-12-2014, 09:00 PM
velcrodog - I don't know if I can give up the advantage of having a whole extra day of Athoning (I get to start first but then I keep going until all you US people finish) :D
I guess that means that I have been test-running your suggestion since I moved to Indonesia :yes::wubclub:
It works REALLY well! Is anyone ahead of Singapore/Indonesia time? This entry is being written at 8.45am on Thursday - anyone show it as earlier?

If not, then I can be the official Athon starter.

I think the US west coast are the last people to finish - oo-oo, is Hawaii even later?

vampiress(or I should say Clover) - I would be happy to include return postage in any trades that we made so feel free to still ask for trades with me (if that is all right with you - it WILL extend trade time considerably but that's OK)

WELCOME to all the new names I see popping up in our conversation over the last couple of pages. Come and be infected with our joyful insanity and make countless trades.

juliaom - LOVE your Irish name!! It is so liberating not to have to wear a 'sweat catcher' (bra) all the time. Your father either loved 'Gone with the wind' or had run out of inspiration? Do you come from a LARGE family?

jenUrebel - good luck on Friday. I find the history of ATCs fascinating - I researched them a couple of years ago for a swap I was Hosting.

jean - don't get your paper and the cat confused and paint the cat - very hard to fit in an envelope to trade.

I know there were other people that I wanted to comment on but . . .this will do. That means everyone can start!! :jiggy::jiggy:

velcrodog
03-12-2014, 09:44 PM
Thanks!!!!!! To me that make so much more sense

And yes Hawaii is the last....

Miss M & I tried with using Zulu time but I think this will be so much easier and more fun at the beginning and the end of the athon!!!

Thanks again!

lindalee
03-12-2014, 10:20 PM
Oh yes, I'd LOVE to play here! This will be my first athon, I usually forget to look for them...

BekaH
03-12-2014, 10:49 PM
Donnacr I'd love to trade with you! So thank you SOOO much for your generosity <3 HUGS!

I have been playing with a few watercolor cards and techniques... I have three done... I finished one whimsical tree that will be for trade, and I will post them after I get the baby down to sleep. I was inspired by the March contest theme, and wanted to try it out but was hesitant. Now that I've practiced on a card I think I will give it a go. I will NOT be posting the same one for the contest though, I'll have to make a new one, per those contest rules.

I think it works great that whoever is ahead in time start the contest, or the host, or whatever we are getting at here... LOL :P

HUGS to you all and happy creating! I'm up and ready to roll now :)

katcouch
03-12-2014, 10:58 PM
Wow, maybe I will finally figure out what some of those other kinds of art are from this thread. All I really know are ATCs/ACEOs and Inchies lol Don't think I will trade (low on postage) but will share if I make anything.

velcrodog
03-12-2014, 11:19 PM
Okay! I am ready.... spent the evening doing my cards from about 8pm on and let my son use the computer to game. Now I am ready to post a few.... Taking pictures and getting them ready. BRB..

Hello to all my trade-mates that decided to drop in!!!! It doesn't hurt to get inspiration from this thread... I learned all kinds of things here...

Donnacr
03-12-2014, 11:25 PM
I am being held up in my creating as my husband brought 11 envelopes home before leaving on his business trip?!? :swoon: I am like a little kid on Christmas morning - opening all my presents (and trying to be very sure that I leave iTrader for each one, and reps where needed). So far they span 3 Athons - Post-Christmas, Groundhog and Valentines. I CANNOT work out this postal system@#$$#^&

BekaH
03-12-2014, 11:39 PM
LOL! That's crazy donna! But I just love getting so much happy mail! Don't you?

Here are the three watercolor cards I have created so far... Now I think I'll work on some collage art, maybe or doodles...

Never knew I could do all this with watercolors, or maybe I just never had the motivation... But I had A LOT of fun with these cards!

1. TRADED "Luck of the Irish" - Abstract watercolor background in greens, blues and orange, hand drawn clover with sharpie pen. Will probably add a gemstone to the center of the clover.

2. "Geometric Watercolor" - What it says. Outlined in metallic silver sharpie.

3. "Whimsical Tree" - This is probably the first thing whimsical I have EVER done! I had a tough time with the rocks, before finally deciding to just outline them in sharpie pen.

All will be in my gallery.

velcrodog
03-12-2014, 11:43 PM
I get the mail from you the same way! I have no idea what I am opening and I know I have got some before the others... I just got a bunch of envies today too, they are sitting here waiting until I can sit and give iTraders... did some this afternoon... still more to do.

But here are my first 5 cards for this athon....

1. I'm pretty sure that St. Patrick would be utterly horrified by St. Patricks Day. 140643TRADED

2. Erin-Go-Braless 140644 Forgot to mention.... the Bra is cut out from the lace I am using on these cards this time around... that thing was fiddly to do!!!ALREADY TRADED

3. Ribbon & Lace 140645

4. Martini anyone 140646(had to get some drinks going here... Miss M, where are you!)

5. Margarita 140647

jonquil
03-12-2014, 11:47 PM
wonderful cards!!! - I am at work - can't start making anything for a couple of hours - but I do have some awesome St Pat's snarky comments ready for my cards so stay tuned

BekaH
03-12-2014, 11:55 PM
Oh! Erin Go Braless is HILARIOUS! I'm sure Julia will get a kick out of that one :P

velcrodog
03-13-2014, 12:06 AM
And more, I told you I have been doing them since around 8pm.... I have done a metric crap-ton of them!!!!

It's the St. Patricks Day athon, and you really should have a drink in hand... I opened the bar...

6. White Wine, anyone? 140648

7. Rather have red? 140649

8. Champagne tastes? 140650

9. I got tired of green and decided to do a nice tropical drink with a clock next to it, which means.......it's TIME to ART, SHARE, DRINK and have FUN! 140651TRADED

10. Vintage 3 leaf clover & woman image. 140652 TRADED

Juliaom
03-13-2014, 12:07 AM
Velcrodog, you dog you. Well at least you did an Irish one, my sister and I are 6th generation O'Hara's in America, God knows how many back in Co Tyrone, Erie.
No, small family, maybe my dad stopped off at the Pub for game of darts before coming to hospital. He said my mom got to name me, the older one after my Granny, so he could name this one, so Scarlett it was and is.
And DON'T YOU DARE TRADE THAT ERIN GO'BRALESS TO ANYONE BUT ME! Ya heeeaaahh!
Think about it TA-Marrah, as Ta_Marrah is another day, or a county in Ireland.

BekaH
03-13-2014, 12:10 AM
Since Diane mentioned doing tangles, I decided I would share one of my favorites. It's very simple, but I love it! It's called "Featherfall".

And I'm so happy I invested in these metallic sharpies, they have come in handy for so much!

lindalee
03-13-2014, 12:15 AM
OK, so how do the trades go...atc's, inchies, envies, etc. What is the protocol? Eg: is there a certain number of inchies to trade for an atc or what? LOVE the themes, already have my first 6 inchies finished...

BekaH
03-13-2014, 12:20 AM
lindalee

I'm not sure, but I think most artist prefer to trade for like sizes... Some will trade you larger sizes for an atc... It just depends on who you're trading with. If you see something you like, just ask the artist :)

velcrodog
03-13-2014, 12:20 AM
This week I was prolific with my ATCs .... check out my gallery to see the snarkies I have posted in the last few days... I think they are fun....

Next....

11. Little girl dancing on a chair 140654TRADED

12. Couple dancing / white heart 140655

13. Two Fairies & Shamrocks 140656

14. The wearing of the green 140657

15. Happy green fairy drinking wine 140658

velcrodog
03-13-2014, 12:26 AM
I will trade anything for anything pretty much... you don't have to do the exact same thing.... I am not sure what the protocol is... 6 inchies for an ATC? 2 moos for an ATC? 2 twinchies for an ATC? how many for a chunky? or postcard? I think it may have to do with the work the person puts into it also. All my chunkies are 2 sided & embellished, so I would trade for 3 or 4 ATCs

Who out there knows if there is a "rule"??????

Jewels
03-13-2014, 12:38 AM
I think it's usually 4-6 inchies for an ATC and 2 ATCs for a Chunkie. but mostly it's between the traders.

I've got a few Irish Kitties done.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Cat-_Best_of_Luck_To_You.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Cat-_Shamrock_Tree.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Cat-_Feeling_Lucky.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Cat-_Hidden_Treasure.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Cat-_Riding_the_Rainbow.jpg

velcrodog
03-13-2014, 12:49 AM
I love the kitties!!!!! They are so cute!!!! YOU ROCK!!!!!! How's the weather up there? Say hi to my mom when you visit Midland!

velcrodog
03-13-2014, 12:54 AM
All I have done .... for now....

16. Fairy in green 140659TRADED

17. Happy St. Patricks Day Mousie (for Mouseit) 140660TRADED

18. Mouseit at DisneyWorld (for Mouseit) 140661TRADED

Now I will sit here and work on some more......

JenUrebel
03-13-2014, 12:55 AM
Cute kitties Jewels. Love that first one. I soooooooooooo wish I could draw. I'm not a-thoning, but I did finish my fortune cookie swap cards so that's something accomplished. I can't believe how prolific some of you artists are. I did three cards tonight and that's probably close to an evening's record. That was from about 5:30 to 11:30 with a break for dinner and watching a bit of The Maltese Falcon ;)

jonquil
03-13-2014, 12:59 AM
OMG!!!! - they are adorable Jewels

jonquil
03-13-2014, 01:00 AM
v:dog: - how many cards are you aiming for this athon???? I haven't made a one yet!!!!

velcrodog
03-13-2014, 01:05 AM
I try to do at least 100 every athon... didn't make it last time :cry:

I think I can do at least 100 this time... maybe more... I have been on a roll this week, I have made sooo many cards and uploaded them into my gallery (not the athon gallery my regular one) Some really funny ones --- you might steal some of my lines... I don't mind! (they may have been already stolen!!!:biglaugh:)

Get going! I want some of yours!

Linda4atc
03-13-2014, 01:06 AM

I have always said that!:wubclub:

BekaH
03-13-2014, 01:07 AM
I've got five done so far... My collage muse is not working with me for some reason :(

Love your kitties Jewels, as always just adorable!

V :dog: is always on a roll with her a-thon stuff! I think all she does is make atcs, I'm not sure if she even sleeps or eats :P

velcrodog
03-13-2014, 01:13 AM
I sleep, a little, and I eat, a little, I just don't brush my teeth, bathe, or use the bathroom.....:biglaugh:

Jewels
03-13-2014, 01:25 AM
Too Much Information!

Michigan is see-sawing weather wise. We had 2 days of warmer temps which melted half the snow into mud then it all froze back up and we had a blizzard this morning. Ah, Spring.

And actually I cheated a bit on the Kitties. I drew them up this week and colored them tonight. Athon anticipation couldn't be contained.

jonquil
03-13-2014, 01:30 AM
Finally done two cards!!!!

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/238/small/1_PDAthon__1.jpegtraded http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/238/small/1_PDAthon__2.jpeg#2

velcrodog
03-13-2014, 01:39 AM
You LIE!!!!!

I didn't do it!!!

Do what???

BekaH
03-13-2014, 01:44 AM
Haha! Those are cute Jonquil! Love em! Too funny... The dog did it. ;) In the process of three collage cards being done now, but I tell you.. My collage muse is just missing... I'm thinking I'm going to just wrap it up in a bit... I feel a lot more like drawing and coloring than collaging tonight.

BekaH
03-13-2014, 01:58 AM
Oh no! Tangles can be any size you want them to be!

As far as the difference in the tangle and the doodle... i think just that the zentangle are all the patterns on that site, they're copyrighted patterns.... Doodles are patterns you have made up yourself, that are not copyrighted... I think that's about the only difference?

velcrodog
03-13-2014, 01:59 AM
I just got some penny black stamps and I just stamped them and I am coloring them right now.... I should have them mounted on cardboard & cut to ATC size tomorrow and have them posted by mid afternoon. They are so cute, and I don't do a lot of cute .... but these were too cute to resist. I know, I am ruining my image....:geek:

velcrodog
03-13-2014, 02:01 AM
The word Zentangles is copyrighted, and to advertise that you are giving a ZENTANGLES class you have to be a certified Zentagles instructor. The difference is that Zentangle will take you into court for infringing on their copyright....

velcrodog
03-13-2014, 02:20 AM
Dehh68.... you are going to be limpy if you have to get up that soon!!

velcrodog
03-13-2014, 02:33 AM
I am going to bed now ladies....... wait till you see the Penny Black stamped ATCs !!! Tomorrow!

Nighty Night!!!

Donnacr
03-13-2014, 02:45 AM
zentangles are designs that can be deconstructed into being made by repeating a certain pattern - a doodle can be just random rambling on a page. It generally only takes 4-6 steps to construct most tangles - you then repeat these steps to fill whatever space you desire.
putting soap box away. . . I MUST get back to creating!!

At least I have now acknowledged all the cards that arrived so I can craft with a clear conscience. :wubclub:

dehh68 - good luck with today. When do you go home?

BekaH
03-13-2014, 02:46 AM
LOL... Well then her name is fitting right? ;)

I finished nine cards tonight... That's not bad, I don't think... I had an image in my head for the tenth but I have to stop sometime and go to bed... It'll have to wait til tomorrow, AFTER dishes are done and vacuuming is done too... I have to pace myself this time!

Can't wait to see what else everyone comes up with overnight!

I have no clue what/who penny black is, but I can't wait to see them! LOL :P

BekaH
03-13-2014, 02:47 AM
The word Zentangles is copyrighted, and to advertise that you are giving a ZENTANGLES class you have to be a certified Zentagles instructor. The difference is that Zentangle will take you into court for infringing on their copyright....

THIS :D

jonquil
03-13-2014, 03:13 AM
Another 4 from me - lots of different ideas swirling around - maybe some cute meeces next

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/238/small/1_PDAthon__3.jpeg#3 http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/238/small/1_PDAthon__4.jpeg#4 http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/238/small/1_PDAthon__5.jpeg#5 http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/238/small/1_PDAthon__6.jpeg#6

marilou
03-13-2014, 03:37 AM
What happened...I needed 4 cups of coffee before I came to the last post. You girls are real chatterboxes....
By now I forgot who posted what or said what, so congrats to everyone who posted cards, and courage to those who have the intention of posting cards. This will be a blast of an Athon. The weather has been wonderful this last week, my gardener has forgotten us...so we had to do it ourselves, all 600m2 I am broken, can hardly lift a brush :cry: but watercolour pencils do the trick, here are my first 3 chunky's
140662 ST.P-1

140663 ST.P-2

140664 ST.P-3

I made already holes in them to make a little Irish book for my little girls in Northern Ireland. The youngest speaks with the local tongue...so funny, knowing that she in fact is a flemish little girl.
If someone is interested I can reproduce them, they are hand drawn.
DEHHN - LIMPY good luck and fingers crossed, thinking of you!

marilou
03-13-2014, 03:41 AM
...and I forgot, a bit naughty one, but if you know the history (tale) of St Patrick....
" Lassie, it's your ancestral duty to drive the snake out of my pants!"

KESagers
03-13-2014, 06:19 AM
Love all the Irish themed art already posted!

Up early this morning with a sick Kitty. Kona has been sick going on 2 weeks - the meds aren't working so she's seeing the doc! Poor thing. Got us all up at 5 am this morning - poor us! A nap is calling but I'll be playing this marathon as much as I can.

jonquil
03-13-2014, 06:52 AM
Hope all turns out well - having a sick kitty is hard :wubclub:

v:dog: has first dibs on one of these

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/238/small/1_PDAthon__7.jpeg#7 http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/238/small/1_PDAthon__8.jpeg#8

jonquil
03-13-2014, 07:01 AM
here are my final cards for this evening
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/238/small/1_PDAthon__9.jpeg#9http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/238/small/1_PDAthon__10.jpeg#10 http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/238/small/1_PDAthon__11.jpeg#11 http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/238/small/1_PDAthon__12.jpeg#12

marilou
03-13-2014, 07:09 AM
So sorry KES, hope Kona gets better soon.

another few for my book
140665 #4

140666 #5

140667 #6

140668 #7

140669 #8 ATC the Shamrock Tree on hold

marilou
03-13-2014, 07:25 AM
Sprinkles, we were posting at the same time :biglaugh: love your art!

Evalila
03-13-2014, 09:11 AM
Finally - two cards from me. Ink pen, watercolors, marker and gel pen on watercolor paper:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_SPATART001.jpg # 01

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2901/small/1_SPATART002.jpg # 02 TRADED

velcrodog
03-13-2014, 10:11 AM
GOOD MORNING ST. PATRICK'S DAY ATHON!!!!!

And how are all you wonderful women this morning? I have been up arting already! I had to get the 2 ATCs I did when I was suppose to be going to bed completed.

Now, Love your stuff Jonquil, can't leave you a YOU ROCK! yet.... But I will! and I picked my dirty rotten lying cat!

V-Rose! What only NINE cards!!! It should have been TEN! (and if you had done ten I would have said it should have been 11, can't win for losing!)

Marilou, cute book for sweet girls... and a dirty joke! What a combination! (and some people think I am strange when I trade for a skull card and the campbell's kids in the same trade!- Erin Go Braless, yes, I am talking to YOU)

KESagers, I hope all goes well and a quick recovery for Kona! Thanks for reminding me I have to get diabetic dog food today for Mookie, the little min-pin mix, blind, insulin dependent diabetic "little" dog, the one that keeps Cooper in line!

Limpy! Break a leg today!!!!! Get GOOD drugs (and share them with your friends who can't drink alcohol as it makes them turn red, get all hot and have to take all their clothes off, and you don't want that!!!)

Evalila Beautiful Fae!!! and Hi! my name is Velcro :dog:! I am pleased to meet you!

Now, these are the two Penny Black stamps that I did ..... I don't do cute and I just love these cute girls... but I am a sucker for anything with mermaids....

19. Blond Mermaid with starfish 140672TRADED

20. Brunette Mermaid on rock 140673TRADED

robcrusade
03-13-2014, 10:21 AM
So how do I get a nifty McMoniker?

Jewels
03-13-2014, 10:33 AM
Here's some more Kitties.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Cat-_Ah__Skiing.jpghttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Cat-_Stuck.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Cat-_Even_Worse.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/11549/small/1_Cat-_Pet_Piranha.jpg

velcrodog
03-13-2014, 10:51 AM
ROBCRUSADE...a nifty McMoniker~ LOVE IT!!! Ask for it in big bold print!!!! Decals gal is giving them out so if she doesn't answer on the thread, pm the heck out of her!!!!!!

Jewels ~ love the cats!!!!! Just send them ALL to me!!!

Ladies, gots to fly!!! The dh (NOT dear) needs pastries for a party! Just called and told me.... Thank God my son is a Master Baker (say that fast 5 times!!!!) at Publix Grocery Store... off and running to get that and then the diabetic dog food!!!

Later!

Allegrae
03-13-2014, 11:22 AM
Chesty McNoPants, reporting for duty...

sunriseiz
03-13-2014, 11:36 AM
Holy cow! So many cards already! I am planning to play some, but I will be squeezing it in between work and kids. Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!

sniisk
03-13-2014, 11:50 AM
I have been busy with my work today and haven't been feeling well during the last week. But I have started to create something. If I have more day light tomorrow, I will take some pictures.

marilou
03-13-2014, 12:00 PM
no BRA, no PANTS what's next...no n..k..s?

lindalee
03-13-2014, 12:03 PM
Here's some inchie shamrocks I did with Spectrum Noir, Micron pen and (of course) JEWELS!

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/28178/large/1_Shamrocks2.jpg

marilou
03-13-2014, 12:09 PM
the story of an Irish Priest.
An Irish Priest is driving down the road back to his village when the Garda stopped him for speeding. The Garda smells alcohol on the priest's breath and then sees an empty wine bottle on the floor of the car. He says: Sir, have you been drinking?
Just water said the priest. The Garda says: Then why do I smell wine?
The priest looks at the bottle and says: Good Lord, he did it again!!!!!

robcrusade
03-13-2014, 12:44 PM
OK THEN!!! I AM ASKING FOR A McMONIKER FROM DECALS GAL.

robcrusade
03-13-2014, 12:45 PM
If I missed it, sorry. Also, working on a costume, but it has to be ready by Saturday night, so I should be able to play catch up then. :)

Kimmie
03-13-2014, 12:54 PM
Ok....I be thinkin'.... I really be thinkin' ..... hummmm.... I need a really good last name... first name was easy! lol

let you know in a bit, rob!! :)

Kimmie
03-13-2014, 01:12 PM
Ok, robcrusade.... LEPRACHAUN NAME CHOICES .... any of these or a combo of these strike your fancy? -

1) Whiskers O'Finnegan
2) Zippy O'Weebit
3) Shorty McMischief

or maybe: 4) Fiddles O'Weebit??? lol

or how about: 5) O'Pat MacCrotch ?? LMAO!!! I LOVE THIS ONE! (yeah, I would)

**Ok, I'll be art-ing later and posting pics later... coming down with something...just took meds....hopefully, will sleep for a bit.

Jean
03-13-2014, 01:16 PM
jean - don't get your paper and the cat confused and paint the cat - very hard to fit in an envelope to trade.
[/COLOR]:jiggy::jiggy:

LOL No paint, but yesterday I noticed she sparkled and, sure enough, she had a piece of glitter in her fur! OY.

Linda4atc
03-13-2014, 01:17 PM
This is what I did yesterday...
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/259/medium/1_Sleep_Late_3-14.jpg -- Sleep Late TRADED .http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/259/medium/1_Say_Nothing_3-14.jpg -- Say Nothing ~Traded
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/259/medium/1_Mermaids_3-14.jpg --Mermaids TRADED .http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/259/medium/1_Childs_Play_3-14.jpg -- Childs Play TRADED
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/259/medium/1_Irish_Blessing_3-14.jpg -- Irish Blessing ~Traded

Linda4atc
03-13-2014, 01:17 PM
This handsome fellow is TRADED http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/259/medium/1_Lucky_Duck_3-14.jpg (for Nancy)

Kimmie
03-13-2014, 01:24 PM
Wow, Tinkles! those are just beautiful!!! :)

I hope some of all these wonderful cards are available later....when I finish something to trade with! lol

Jean
03-13-2014, 01:25 PM
OK, so how do the trades go...atc's, inchies, envies, etc. What is the protocol? Eg: is there a certain number of inchies to trade for an atc or what? LOVE the themes, already have my first 6 inchies finished...

Generally, it goes by size. An atc has 8.75 inches of art on it; each inchie has 1 inch, and so on. I've been part of mixed trades where an ATC was exchanged for between 4-6 inchies. It depends on the traders. I've seen inchies I'd trade 1-1 for an ATC!

I hope I can trade, but it's a matter of budget for me, too. Recovering is expensive, but now the dog has developed a limp. I'm hoping he's faking - I've twice brought poodle/poodle-mix dogs to vets only to be told said dog had me wrapped around a paw - or that it's something minor that will heal on its own as vet costs are astronomical here.

Jean
03-13-2014, 01:36 PM
Loving the art yummies! I have done ONE card, a geranium in flowerpot with pink blossoms. i have a second (dragonfly and daisies) card, but the white ink doesnt' seem to be covering the pale blue of the sky. GRR. Will try acrylic, which should work over ink, but still.....

Will try to get pics up later.

CynthiaSillitoe
03-13-2014, 02:03 PM
Two from me. (And I hope I don't trip over Irish tempers by using a postage stamp of a British royal in it....don't you think it would be weird to have your baby pictures on postage stamps?) I hope to get some more done later, especially as I just got two new rolls of washi tape in the mail. I am so addicted to washi tape that it's not funny.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7318/small/1_secretfamily.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7318/small/1_nightcircus.jpg

velcrodog
03-13-2014, 02:43 PM
Wow!!!! Gone for a couple of hours and look what all happens....ART ....
...........and stripper names!!!!

Chesty McNopants!!!! lol! Love it!!!!

sniisk! Get better soon! have a hot toddy and cure that bug, or kill it.

no...n.k.s. :confused::err: I am totally confused, and sometimes VERY slow... especially about where to place pointing fingers on ATCs... I swear I did not see it like that!!!!

shamrock inchies!!! to cool! and I read your "by line as "how does it get any better than me" first time I looked at it!!!

See, robcrusade, told you that yelling works!

I personally like Zippy, I think of the comic from the 1970's.....omg.... I kept reading O'Pat McCroch and didn't get it..... it took a while to figure out why you liked that one soo much... YOU are so BAD. and I am so SLOW!

Jean, if you are bored in bed, get some glue, roll the cat in glue and then dump glitter on her! She would be beautiful!!! Post pictures when you are done!!!

Love the turquoise ATCs, I love the mermaid one!!!!!!

I love washi tape too! Just bought 5 rolls when I ran errands for the dh. I was going to get something out of it too! I had to leave the athon! Your cards are beautiful -that's all washi tape on them? Looks good!!!

now that I have caught up.... off to making art!

Didn't catch up!!! posted this and Vicki Z's kitty came up!!! too cute!!!!

sniisk
03-13-2014, 02:46 PM
sniisk! Get better soon! have a hot toddy and cure that bug, or kill it.

Well, I don't think that it would help in this case :).

JenUrebel
03-13-2014, 02:57 PM
Great cards CynthiaSillitoe - maybe you should host the Wishy Washi washi tape card swap that someone suggested on the "Suggest a Swap" thread. I'd play, and so would V:dog:

BekaH
03-13-2014, 03:26 PM
LOVE all the art I am seeing so far!

I haven't had a chance to post my cards yet because I've been sleeping and now have to get busy doing the housework or I'll never get to create or post cards! :arghh:

Does anyone else subscribe to get catalogs from Victorian Trading Company? If not, you need to look them up because they have free catalogs with images just begging to be altered. I received one today and already have TONS of ideas! We'll see what I can come up with!

If I've asked you for a trade and you haven't seen anything yet that you want, no worries because I WILL be adding more!

Anyways, just wanted to check in on everyone before I started and I see everyone is still be their crazy selves! I am glad to see a few new faces in the a-thon this time that I don't recognize from the valentine or groundhog day a-thon :) Welcome and have fun art-ing! :)

KESagers
03-13-2014, 03:50 PM
Digital art created for an off-site swap. I had left overs printed so I just created these ATCs for trade. My original photos put through several digital evolutions using different programs to create the final result. The image is mounted on one single layer of card stock. I have 2 of each available for trade. Each is an LE of 10.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Butterfly.jpg
Butterfly

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/768/medium/1_Bloom.jpg
Bloom

robcrusade
03-13-2014, 04:15 PM
Howcomes I always get the guy names???

ah well. I've never been the most feminine of peoples...

Can a have a coupla more choices ?

Juliaom
03-13-2014, 04:19 PM
Another name up for grabs, Guiness O'Geezer.
Charlotte McHarlot
Cranky McBankey
Bridget MacFidget
Leary O'Cow
Darty......................Mc...........(yeah you guessed it).

Juliaom
03-13-2014, 04:21 PM
Well I guess Angus Rectus is out of the question???????????

Juliaom
03-13-2014, 04:22 PM
Robcrusade, I kind of like Charlotte McHarlot for ye!

velcrodog
03-13-2014, 04:27 PM
I agree !!!! pick Charlotte McHarlot!!!

And here is another mermaid... this is mermaid Marlene....140706 TRADED

BekaH
03-13-2014, 05:18 PM
Here are five cards from me collage style... Hope v :dog: sees something she wants because I owe her one!

1. St. Patty's Day theme APC - Numbers and clubs are painted green!

2. TRADED Carte Postale (butterfly is 3d)

3. TRADED Funnies (You guessed it, just for fun! Not an elaborate collage, but I thought it was cute!)

4. TRADED Make Your Own Luck - Wish I had better lighting, everything in this is more green that it shows... It's really pretty in person.

5. TRADED Surprise - Again, the lighting sucks... And butterfly is 3d.

Artsiemix
03-13-2014, 05:54 PM
hi everyone! here are my st patrick's day contour art dolls #1 and #2 :]
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/20730/small/1_IMG_0007.jpghttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/20730/small/1_IMG_0010.jpg

marilou
03-13-2014, 06:04 PM
hi Dehh...back home. how you're feeling dear?
I am off to bed, can not keep my eyes open after half a bottle of burgundy wine :>)))
Night everyone

velcrodog
03-13-2014, 07:03 PM
Love the leprechaun art doll!!! Too cute!!!

velcrodog
03-13-2014, 07:29 PM
Three more mermaids...

Three mermaid stamps done with Copics, Spica pens, Wink of Stella, Gelly Roll Metallic Pens, Distress & Memento Inks.

22. Sitting on a Rock 140718 TRADED

23. Starfish 140719 TRADED

24. The Sound of the Ocean 140720 TRADED

BekaH
03-13-2014, 07:32 PM
I am glad I am not missing too much YET! LOL, I'm working on a couple more cards now... I just HAD to start on an Easter card. I know it's st. Patty's day but I have the cutest little images from the victorian catalog I HAD to use! LOL

robcrusade
03-13-2014, 07:57 PM
Done!

robcrusade
03-13-2014, 08:10 PM
Working on an early cyberman from Dr. Who for the hubs's costume for a party.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/30503/1_IMG_20140313_195415.jpg

Now to finish the costume in a day.

KESagers
03-13-2014, 08:37 PM
Oh wow! That is way cool - what a great costume!

So much fabulous green art! I hope to have some to show this weekend - I'm working on it.

Thank you Dehh68!

Kimmie
03-13-2014, 08:41 PM
LOL, I love the name, rob! and the costume is cool!

I admit it.... my leprechaun names are firing blanks....must be this darn head cold!

velcrodog
03-13-2014, 08:43 PM
Love the costume and the name! It suits you!!!

dmnh
03-13-2014, 08:44 PM
Hi Everyone! I found this athon thread late last night when I fixing to call it a day. I have some art dolls to share in a bit. Have to take their pictures first.

You all are on fire with the artwork! I'll be back shortly with pictures!

dmnh
03-13-2014, 09:18 PM
That costume is fabulous!

I've really enjoyed reading through the thread from the beginning! You all crack me up!

I have four bottle cap kids for trade. If you're interested, ask. I'll trade one kid for a couple ATCs, a chunky page or whatever else you might want to trade. Make me an offer!
They're made from wire, bottle caps, beads and plastic tubing. One of them has tiny shells for hands. Two of them have gold sequins and the other two have baubles on their bellies. Ask for them by number, please.
I'm going to work on some ATCs as soon as I go let the dog in.

Kid 1
Kid 2 traded
Kid 3
Kid 4

Kimmie
03-13-2014, 09:32 PM
Thursday's Challenge - all things green/shamrocks I guess these would qualify?
here's mine for today, finally:

#1 - St. Patrick's Day Greetings (traded)
#2 - Wearing of the Green (traded)
#3 - Happy St. Patrick's Day
#4 - St. Patty's Blessings (traded)
#5 - Erin Go Bragh

*these are all antiqued vintage looking - photos do not show it well.

(wish I could have taken pictures outdoors - would have shown better colors. :( )

Kimmie
03-13-2014, 09:35 PM
and another 3:

#6 - I'm Irish (sorry, cat has too much glare/has on tall lep. hat) (traded)
#7 - Just a Wee Bit of Irish (traded)
#8 - Lucky

again, antiqued vintage looking.