PDA

View Full Version : G-20 Photography + Artist Interpretation Circle Journal Group! - Full

corrie04
04-22-2014, 09:51 PM
Photography + Artist Interpretation Circle Journal Group Forming! OPEN FOR SIGN-UP

There will be two - 8x8 (sturdy) journal pages with an original photo (minimum size is 4x6) attached on one page and then the artist's interpretation of the photo on the second page. For example, my partner's theme is "flowers;" therefore, I would take a photo of a flower and print it on a 5x7 photo paper and attach it to the first page. On the second page, I would then represent that photo/flower in a collage, drawing (realistic or whimsical), abstract, etc - using any type of media that I desired.

Important Details to consider before you sign up!
The circle journals are limited to 6 members (5 sign ups + me). Each of the players are required to have a minimum of 15+ itrader points and have completed at least 3 successful swaps.

- These groups require a dedication of both time (5 months) and money (for shipping costs, for materials, etc). Please do not sign up if you are not sure you can provide both. It's not fair to the other participants.

Each month you will have a partner and will mail directly to your partner on (or before) a pre-determined mail date. Each person will have 4 weeks to work on their 2 pages.

Because these are treated the same as Pick-A-Themes (PAT) each person that completes a spread is entitled to a TRADER RATING. Likewise, if a person does not fulfill their obligation to their partner a Negative Rating is posted if one partner sends and is received, but never received a spread from their partner.

When you sign up...
* List your theme in the thread
*PM me your contact details. Name, address, phone number, and an active email address.

Please ask any questions BEFORE signing up.

Participants
1. Corrie - Rust, Grunge and Hardscapes (Think distressed, peeling paint, rust, old cars, etc.)
2. Rachel - "In the City." Skyline pics, close-up pics, anything pics as long as the pic is taken in a city setting.
3. NancyL - lighted candle ( may be on a birthday cake, part of an advent wreath, in a lantern, maybe in a luminary, on a Christmas tree, part of a Menorah....or whatever comes to your mind!)
4. RockingBearRanch - Cottage Garden/Floral - Tiny quaint houses, picket fences, climbing roses, overgrown flowers, cobblestone walkways, etc. Or try a Pinterest search for 'cottage garden'

Mailing Rotation - Please mail by the 15th of each month and update the thread. Please remember to check in once a week, too.

BOLD = YOUR ART HAS BEEN RECIEVED BY YOUR TRADE PARTNER

15-Jun
Corrie & RockingBearRanch
NancyL & Rachel

15-Jul
Corrie & NancyL
RockingBearRanch & Rachel

15-Aug
Corrie & Rachel - Personal trades at home
RockingBearRanch & NancyL (mailed)

corrie04
04-22-2014, 09:51 PM
Rotation Schedule:

corrie04
04-25-2014, 12:23 PM
NancyL - signed up through PM.

Rachel
04-25-2014, 04:53 PM
Yay!!!! I've been wanting to do another one of these! :v_spin::v_spin:

My theme is "In the City." Skyline pics, close-up pics, anything pics as long as the pic is taken in a city setting.

NancyL, what's your theme?

corrie04
04-25-2014, 06:37 PM
Thanks Rachel! We'll have fun going on photo runs! (oh, that rhymes!)

NancyL
04-26-2014, 01:14 PM
I'm still thinking of a theme. I did put a little commercial for this CJ in one of my ATC photo swaps.

mayaquilt
04-26-2014, 01:22 PM
It sounds very interesting... Never done one of these. We will be mailing two 8x8 pages? A bit like the 5x7 tip-in pages? Don't know for sure if I can join...I will be going on holiday soon, will be away 3 1/2 weeks... depends on when you start

corrie04
04-26-2014, 07:26 PM
Thanks for the extra "advertising," Nancy!

Hi Mayaquilt. Yes, it would be 2-8"x8" tip in pages. I'm thinking of having the first mail date on the first of June. Let me know if this would work out for you.

corrie04
04-28-2014, 09:14 PM
bumping

mayaquilt
04-29-2014, 05:50 AM
Send you a PM Corrie....

NancyL
04-29-2014, 06:50 PM
theme....lighted candle ( may be on a birthday cake, part of an advent wreath, in a lantern,
maybe in a luminary, on a christmas tree, part of a Menorah....or
whatever comes to your mind!)

corrie04
04-29-2014, 08:59 PM
Wow... that's a really unique theme. How cool is that!!!! Thanks Nancy.

corrie04
04-29-2014, 09:01 PM
We need at least one more person to sign up. I can set it so it's just 4 players, if necessary... but of course, I'd love if we could find another 3.

NancyL
04-29-2014, 09:27 PM
I have had a challenging year in that 4 people I have cared for have moved on. So I have been searching for upbeat themes and possibilities. I have also begun creating personal art journals. Journaling is also a great distraction from pain as I still have that going on....and eventually I will have to wean myself off of pain meds.

corrie04
04-29-2014, 10:15 PM
Sounds like a hard year, Nancy. Yes, art journaling is VERY therapeutic. I know that it helped me get through many tough times. Trying to stay positive is the best thing that you can do!

corrie04
05-05-2014, 06:31 PM
Question -
Since we aren't really getting sign ups, do you just want to do the trades between the 3 of us or wait until another time.

I know that Rachel just fell and broke her wrist, so I'm not sure how that is going to affect what all she can do.

Thoughts/suggestions?

NancyL
05-05-2014, 10:28 PM
I hate it when you get excited to host a particular idea/theme and it seems that all the excitement is only in you!
I can go any way...wait until another time or do a trade between whoever.

corrie04
05-06-2014, 09:09 PM
Let me check with Rachel and see if she wants to just wait until another time or trade.

RockingBearRanch
05-06-2014, 10:28 PM
I'd be interested in joining. My theme would be cottage garden/floral.

NancyL
05-07-2014, 12:56 PM
Explain cottage garden. thanks.

corrie04
05-07-2014, 09:07 PM
Hi RockingBearRanch - That would be great. Thank you for joining. We can now have an official circle journal.

Could you give some more insight into the cottage garden theme? Any pics that you could give us as examples?

RockingBearRanch
05-07-2014, 10:11 PM
Tiny quaint houses, picket fences, climbing roses, overgrown flowers, cobblestone walkways, etc. Or try a Pinterest search for 'cottage garden'.

Rachel
05-08-2014, 12:04 AM
yay! we have a circle :v_spin::v_spin:

corrie04
05-08-2014, 08:39 PM
Tiny quaint houses, picket fences, climbing roses, overgrown flowers, cobblestone walkways, etc. Or try a Pinterest search for 'cottage garden'.

Perfect...Thanks for the extra description.

I'm going to keep this circle at 4 players and get a mailing rotation together.

corrie04
05-08-2014, 08:54 PM
The mailing rotation is up on the first thread. Please note that the first mail date is June 1.

RBR - Please send me your contact information. (We're required to have all player's info on file for the circle journals.)

NancyL
05-08-2014, 11:57 PM
I'm glad we have enough players.

But in the beginning we were told we had 4 weeks to work on each spread/theme. If our first due date is June 1st, then that is 3 weeks and 2 days. And that included taking that photo, artistically doing it and mailing before June 1st.

NancyL
05-09-2014, 11:54 AM
going into San Diego today to look for city scapes. Tomorrow the Antique steam Museum has a model train thing so we will go see that and be on the look out for rusty machinery.

NancyL
05-10-2014, 12:29 PM
I am less panicky now. i have several city scape photos to choose from and I have a media in mind. I even have mailing envelopes and I re read the directions(always a good idea) and see that the pages should be in the the mail by the first and not necessarily there on the first.

corrie04
05-10-2014, 05:46 PM
Good point Nancy - I'll move the mail date to the 15th of each month. I wasn't thinking about how far into May we already are.

NancyL
05-10-2014, 08:35 PM
Corrie, thank you, thank you!

NancyL
05-10-2014, 08:36 PM
and since we now know every one's themes, you know we may be thinking of the others before they are due. so having a bit of more time on the first is muchly appreciated.

corrie04
05-10-2014, 10:11 PM
Not a problem! Thank you for bringing it up. It's crazy how time just flies by.

Rachel
05-11-2014, 12:17 PM
thanks corrie

NancyL
05-12-2014, 03:47 PM
Googled cottage garden and saw that is how I do flower gardens! a little bit of this and a little bit or maybe more of that! I'll have to see what is still alive when I go to photograph.

NancyL
05-12-2014, 03:50 PM
I took a lot of city scape photos and now it is hard to choose. I liked all those windows, but now the idea of imitating all those windows is not as exciting. I am thinking I will try a couple of things and see what I like the best.
I tell myself I don't have to copy the photo just interpret it...what do I like best of the photo, what shall I eliminate?
its going to be collage but I could do text or other kinds of papers.

RockingBearRanch
05-12-2014, 03:59 PM
I have a pile of rusty things to photo. I'm not sure how I'm going to create the 'rust' effect.

NancyL
05-12-2014, 07:58 PM
there might be something somewhere that creates a fake rust look. Let us know in the thread if you find it.

I am always challenged by straight lines and city scapes are full of straight lines. However, i just checked and see that you can do abstract. That might save me.
so far my photos are more interesting than anything I have created.

Rachel
05-12-2014, 08:16 PM
nancy i LOVE paper! knock urself out! and i will love whatever you all make for me just bc it comes from your artsy-fartsy hearts :goofy:

corrie04
05-12-2014, 08:45 PM
I have a pile of rusty things to photo. I'm not sure how I'm going to create the 'rust' effect.

Copper colored pencils or copper metallic paint can look rusty. You could also do black & white... I'm open to anything.

NancyL
05-13-2014, 02:04 PM
I've begun. Which really means that I am happy with this current attempt.

corrie04
05-13-2014, 08:25 PM
Perfect! I still need to travel to my cottage garden spot. I'm hoping Rachel heals quickly from her surgery (tomorrow) to go with me.

Rachel
05-14-2014, 06:44 AM
we're going this weekend friend i might be high on vicodin but all in the name of art

RockingBearRanch
05-14-2014, 05:26 PM
Stan Hywett and your botanical garden are nice. Have a groovy time. :) Get well.

NancyL
05-18-2014, 12:47 PM
I am working on my second set of windows. I am so NOT a draftsman.
I am happy with my building shape and the first set of windows.

I have another project that I have been working on since November. its a hand sewed wall hanging. It is for a grandbaby of one of my best friends. Pam died in November and Thomas was born same month. Now I send it off to hawaii where another friend will hem and finish it. so good to have it finally done. I had made baby quilts for each of this baby;s cousins as well as one for his mom and aunt.

corrie04
05-18-2014, 06:25 PM
Wow.. that's quite a project. Did you take any pictures?

We didn't get to go take our pics this weekend... perhaps next.

RockingBearRanch
05-22-2014, 10:18 AM
I have my rusty picture processed. Now to pick a paper and have it printed.

corrie04
05-24-2014, 10:21 PM
Ohhh... I'm excited to see what you came up with.

I'm going tomorrow for the Cottage Garden photography fun.

Rachel
05-25-2014, 11:08 AM
well, i had a pic of cottage garden--cute little pail, little hoe, containers-- taken at an amusement park if you believe that!

and then my phone fried before i backed it up ughughughugh so off to find another one!

my candle one will be taken by saturday if not before so i will start working on that one next weekend

enjoy the rest of ur weekend!

corrie04
05-25-2014, 10:13 PM
Rach - Have you gone through your pics from today, yet? I haven't, but will be soon

NancyL
05-29-2014, 08:01 PM
I'm making my (Rachel's) city scape in layers. And I think I might be done. I do have to put all the layers together and do something about the photo page. I can't believe that I liked my first attempt at a palm tree. I cut a bunch of papers so I could just keep doing them until I liked one. Now I have several acetate pieces that are cut in half. they will be useful for something sometime.

NancyL
05-29-2014, 08:06 PM
my husband and I am are going out of town and will be gone from the 3rd to the 13th. My goal is to get my pages in the mail before we leave.
We recently got a new lap top so will have computer access. I will be learning how to use the lap top. We are going up north to pick up things I chose from my mother's house. those things include all the family photo albums and a sewing machine.
And according to my brother in law, Oma (his mom) is ready to give back my box turtle. So we are also bringing home a turtle. It will be an interesting trip. we also will have our 8 yr old dog. In Northern Ca, she has the opportunity of seeing deer, bunnies and squirrels---none of which she ever saw in hawaii.

NancyL
05-29-2014, 08:32 PM
Since my city scape is almost done, my mind is turning to your theme, Corrie. I might understand grunge. How is/are hardscapes related? Or maybe your definition varies from what I found (inanimate elements of landscaping such as stone wall, steps, paved patio. Perhaps our photo could be of a hardscape and then the interpretation adds the grunge part?
Are we supposed to make an object grungy or are we supposed to find an object that is already grungy?

NancyL
05-29-2014, 08:33 PM
I think the pants I wear for art and for home are grungey. they are a collage of whatever messy projects I have done in the day or even week, depending on when I do the wash.

corrie04
05-29-2014, 09:03 PM
Hi Nancy -
I think of grunge of anything rusty, dirty, weathered, distressed, etc. Think "forgotten" things left outside.

Hope you have a great trip. I bet your "puppy" is going to be overwhelmed with the new smells and sights!

Rachel
05-31-2014, 08:46 PM
nancy, your posts make me laugh :laugh::laugh::laugh:

NancyL
06-01-2014, 11:56 AM
Laughter is good.

Rachel
06-01-2014, 01:08 PM
yes it is i dont have much to laugh about nowadays and your posts made me do that : )

corrie04
06-01-2014, 02:53 PM
you laugh at me Rachel... :)

NancyL
06-02-2014, 07:04 PM
Rachel, your went out into the mail today.i used cardboard from water color paper to make the package stiff and the nice clerk stamped do NOt Fold over it. Hoping you like it and it makes you smile.

NancyL
06-02-2014, 07:05 PM
To be clear, we give an iTrader to each artist as we receive their work. and we must give you an itrader, Corrie, for hosting?

Rachel
06-03-2014, 09:56 PM
Yay!!!! Can't wait to see it Nancy! I'm sure I will love it : ))

Linda4atc
06-05-2014, 12:24 PM
Just stumbled on this. You all should have fun. Looks like a cool idea, and great themes. But if I were in it I would have a big problem taking a photo for RockingBearRanch's Cottage Garden/Floral. I don't know of any place like that local.

RockingBearRanch
06-05-2014, 01:33 PM
I think we should treat themes as inspiration. To do otherwise is too limiting to expression. You could go to the grocery store and take a close up in the floral department. You could do a portrait of a friend that you once went to a garden with. There are unlimited possibilities.

corrie04
06-05-2014, 09:28 PM
To be clear, we give an iTrader to each artist as we receive their work. and we must give you an itrader, Corrie, for hosting?

Just give me an itrader when you trade with me. Since I'm not swapping out everyone's pages, it's treated more as a one to one trade.

NancyL
06-06-2014, 03:45 PM
I am having fun and a challenge taking photos of to base my art on. I would do this kind of art swap again.

corrie04
06-07-2014, 10:22 PM
That's great Nancy! I'm so glad that you're enjoying it.

corrie04
06-07-2014, 10:23 PM
Please be sure to post when you have mailed your pages. I'll update the first thread. Thanks!

Rachel
06-08-2014, 05:08 AM
Just received Nancy's fabulous cityscape page!!! I can only imagine how long it took you to complete all the layers. Many thanks Nancy!! Off to leave itrader

NancyL
06-10-2014, 11:04 AM
There is an old house near the Campbell Library. It used to be somewhere else and was moved to this location on a sunday some 20 plus years ago. We skipped church that day and watched it being moved. Anyway, it has lovely gardens, some even with a picket fence. took photos. also staying in a historic inn in Santa Maria which has a lovely garden.
the down side is my grunge photo is the next one to do. but I have an idea about that one. I feel better about doing the one for you, Corrie, as I have swapped art with you before.

RockingBearRanch
06-10-2014, 02:00 PM
My rust pictures are going to show as posted today so expect them in 3-5 days.

corrie04
06-10-2014, 07:55 PM
Thank you! Will let you know when I have received it.

corrie04
06-15-2014, 08:34 PM
RBR - Your pages have arrived! :) The rusty tools were a great choice and I love the layout of the artsy page! Even the flower paper/border picks up the leaves and rocks around the tools in the actual photo. Great job!

Thank you!

Your pages are going out in tomorrow's mail. My husband will be dropping them off at the Post Office for me.

Rachel
06-15-2014, 08:34 PM
Nancy, my candles pic and interpretation is headed your way. Hope you like it. I took it at a local church.

corrie04
06-15-2014, 08:36 PM
There is an old house near the Campbell Library. It used to be somewhere else and was moved to this location on a sunday some 20 plus years ago. We skipped church that day and watched it being moved. Anyway, it has lovely gardens, some even with a picket fence. took photos. also staying in a historic inn in Santa Maria which has a lovely garden.
the down side is my grunge photo is the next one to do. but I have an idea about that one. I feel better about doing the one for you, Corrie, as I have swapped art with you before.

That had to be quite the entertainment of the day... watching a house being moved. How cool that it's still in its new location 20 years later.

corrie04
06-15-2014, 08:56 PM
Pages for RBR...

Rachel
06-15-2014, 09:01 PM
Love those, Corrie!! If I had a phone that worked right now, I would have uploaded mine for Nancy, too!

corrie04
06-15-2014, 09:05 PM
We should have scanned it while you were here. The pages you made for her turned out GREAT!

NancyL
06-15-2014, 11:00 PM
that's good to hear. and corrie, your pages are so pretty, pretty.
I have an idea of how I want to do your theme. right now the art room is a disaster as it is being used for storage. New carpet coming tomorrow and the art room has most of the books and all the folding bookcases and some chairs and all kind of stuff. My husband says Wed, both halves of the living room will b epainted, the rug installed and I can start putting it all back.

RockingBearRanch
06-17-2014, 03:30 PM
Stunning Corrie!

Here is my attempt at rust. I started to play with the idea of taking rust and making it into a paint but I didn't like the result.
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/27416/1_rust_1.jpg

Rachel
06-17-2014, 07:51 PM
That's a really cool idea to make rust paint : ))

corrie04
06-17-2014, 09:34 PM
The design and layout are fantastic on the rust pages that RBR made.

On another note... I don't have a clue on how to even start making rust paint. How do you do that?

RockingBearRanch
06-18-2014, 05:59 AM
I don't think many have done it. The best I saw was a man who was getting almost a sepia watercolor look to his paintings. They are very monotone. I lost all detail in mine. I think if you have a good carrier to hold the rust particles it might work.

RockingBearRanch
06-20-2014, 01:25 PM
I got my pages Corrie. I'm going to post them on my board so I can enjoy them!

NancyL
06-20-2014, 03:58 PM
Mine came today also. Glorious stunning candles! and I am enjoying them as they sit in front of me. Going to share with husband......

NancyL
06-20-2014, 07:02 PM
Just spent a very long time accessing a cropped photo! got it all set of on the desk top and then discovered after clicking all the right places that there is some sort of printer error. so we( me and my more computer-literate spouse) moved to the lap top in the bedroom. Only here I had to hunt for the program that allows cropping and then had to figure out how it worked. Hope we can figure out sometime why the printer is not accepting the desk top as that has a much easier cropping tecnique.

NancyL
06-20-2014, 07:03 PM
but I do have a very large photo that I will work from (details easier seen) and one for the give away one.

corrie04
06-22-2014, 08:35 PM
It's always frustrating when the printer and/or computer doesn't work.... and I feel your pain with the computer software. I had a similar situation.

NancyL
06-22-2014, 10:19 PM
I begun the next one for you, Corrie. I try to keep in mind that I am interpreting and not just copying. But so far I like what I have.
We will be gone a week mid July, so I am hoping to have it mostly done by then.

NancyL
06-22-2014, 10:22 PM
We had new carpet installed on the 16th. Before that we had dismantled the living room...which meant a lot of it went into the art room. Now the carpet is in, the walls ar epainted. Everything is about back except for the art on the walls.
I want to reorganize the garage. Eventually it will have a large-ish HO train lay out. But we need space to walk in, a ceiling fan and some lights.
i have plans but not much stamina. i am sure it will return.

Rachel
06-23-2014, 10:11 PM
NancyL, I am excited to see you what you send Corrie. I'm sure it will be lovely : ))

Rocking, I just got back from Cape May, NJ, and man, their gardens come in earlier!! I may have a pic to use for yours, otherwise, I am using Corrie's front porch because it is definitely a cottage feel.

Corrie, can't wait to hear about camping and show you my pics!! Need to get to Walgreen's tomorrow for their Tuesday special for RBR.

RockingBearRanch
06-29-2014, 09:05 PM
I have the city set ready to go and the candle photo ready to print. I have no idea what I want to do for the artist interpretation of the candle.

Rachel
06-30-2014, 08:38 AM
RBR, can't wait to see the city!! I have your color pic printed out, and I'm rolling around about two different ideas for the interpretation. Still not sure yet which one . . . Am going out of town until July 7 so maybe I can make a decision then. Not sure if I told you, but your pic is from Cape May, NJ with those old Victorian houses.

NancyL
06-30-2014, 09:54 AM
We are going out of town on the 7th. But will be back the following Saturday. That is probably enough time to spend in Arizona where we expect the weather to be hot, hot!

My goal is to complete my page before then or have it mostly done.

RockingBearRanch
06-30-2014, 09:55 AM
Cool, I think that will be my first NJ art. Happy Fourth!

fyi, mailed city set, 6-30.

NancyL
06-30-2014, 06:00 PM
I have decide d that not being able to use perspective in art makes the art kind of funky or unique. I use perspective but its is always off.
I'm still excited about printing things with objects. Not so much with commercial stamps bit with things. i use a plastic defunct credit card for straight lines. I have all these pieces of thin foam and I have discovered that I can cut shapes to press in ink and then onto paper. Tweezers make a good holder and even then I get ink on my fingers. hurray for baby wipes!

Rachel
06-30-2014, 09:05 PM
Nancy, I'm addicted to circles made with weird objects : ))) And then use your shading pencil on them . . . perfect!!

NancyL
07-01-2014, 10:41 PM
corrie. your page is in its envelope. It will be mailed this week. not sure which day. We are going out both Wed am and thursday am. I will let you know.

corrie04
07-01-2014, 10:59 PM
Thanks for the update Nancy. I took some photos last weekend, but won't be able to work on the artsy part until next week/end.

Have a safe and fun holiday weekend everyone. I won't be back online until next week.

corrie04
07-01-2014, 11:01 PM
Cool, I think that will be my first NJ art. Happy Fourth!

fyi, mailed city set, 6-30.

thanks for the mailing update! :)

NancyL
07-02-2014, 06:05 PM
Your page will be mailed tomorrow, Corrie...thursday the 3rd. The turtle has a medical check up and then we are going to the post office.

NancyL
07-13-2014, 09:11 PM
got to keep more ink for the printer. that will happen later this week. then i will choose one of the photos I have to create the cottage garden. I took a bunch of photos when we were in Campbell, early June.

Rachel
07-14-2014, 02:20 PM
RBR, Mine will be sent right to you under the deadline radar!! Hope you like purple flowers
: ))

Nancy, your interpretation for Corrie04 was stunning! Wowza!!

NancyL
07-14-2014, 03:59 PM
RAchel, thanks....I had so much fun doing the wild grass. I ended up printing with foam pieces the windows and under the eaves. I have a copper ink pad and that worked well on black paper for the rusty pipe.
I have enjoyed the challenge of working from a photo.

NancyL
07-19-2014, 05:55 PM
Corrie, I received your pages today.

I am already figuring out which photo will be my choice for RB's cottage garden.

Rachel
07-19-2014, 06:26 PM
RBR, did you get mine yet?? I mailed it on the 15th, so it may need a day or two more.

RockingBearRanch
07-20-2014, 09:23 AM
It's usually five days from here to there. We're rural so there is an extra leg in the trip via pony express.

Here is the city set.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/27416/1_a_city.jpg

Rachel
07-20-2014, 10:50 AM
I LOVED the city set because of the layers and abstract : )))

RockingBearRanch
07-21-2014, 04:52 PM
I got the blue flowers Rachel. I love hand painted photos. Thank you!

corrie04
07-22-2014, 08:40 PM
Awesome pages RBR!

I love how everyone's interpretations are so different... and SO COOL!

corrie04
07-22-2014, 08:42 PM
I also wanted to say, "thank you" to everyone for keeping on schedule. This is our last month.

NancyL
07-24-2014, 07:40 PM
my husband is going out of town tomorrow. will be back on Monday. Perfect time for me to finish some art projects.

NancyL
07-24-2014, 07:42 PM
He is visiting his mother and brother. His mother...Oma...has leaky heart valves. Evidently the only way to repair this is by surgery which is not an option for her. her cardiologist suggested hospice care. She is prepared to have ill health forever but she was hoping for a longer forever.

Rachel
07-25-2014, 04:45 PM
Nancy, so sorry to hear your news. Hoping your family finds peace soon.

corrie04
07-27-2014, 05:28 PM
Nancy - I don't even have words to help ease what your family is going through, but know that my thoughts and prayers are with you.

RockingBearRanch
07-31-2014, 12:27 PM
I have the candle done. Just need to back it and print the picture.

Rachel
07-31-2014, 01:49 PM
I'll be working on Corrie's this weekend.

NancyL
07-31-2014, 07:22 PM
Rocking, most of yours is done. Have to make a little sign and maybe add one more flower. I guess its more than half way done.

Rachel
08-02-2014, 02:32 PM
I am totally unmotivated. . . . I'm dogsitting at Corrie's and all I want to do is watch HGTV as I don't have cable at my house. blah. and it's raining. double blah, blah.

RockingBearRanch
08-02-2014, 05:42 PM
Take your time Nancy. Not a big deal if you set this aside if things are busy.

NancyL
08-02-2014, 09:02 PM
Your photo and art are done...just have to package it for mailing.
Life is more busy if you are a companion to those who are dying. We are in so Cal and my brother in law and mother in law are in Norcal. But we will go visit later this month.

NancyL
08-02-2014, 09:04 PM
My brother in law works full time, and is also his Mom's caregiver. He is lucky to be able to eat lunch at his own house during his work day. he is a postal carrier and his house is on his route. so he does get to check on her midday.
At this time, we could afford to pay for part time help in the home but they are not ready to accept that help.

NancyL
08-02-2014, 09:09 PM
So art is a distraction from family frustrations.
We are having a cold rainy day here, the 2nd of August in sunny san Diego county. We now have care of an ornate box turtle. most of the time, he sleeps under a little bush. Today, he is wandering around. he has taken several walks as well as a dip in his shallow pool. He ate all of his ground beef and at least smelled his strawberry.
this turtle is at least 27 years old. My son bought him for me when he was in high school. Cedric spent the last 10 years in the care of my mother in law.

corrie04
08-03-2014, 08:09 PM
I still need to find a city scene and take Rachel's photo.

NancyL
08-07-2014, 07:35 PM
Cottage garden for RockingBear is on its way.

RockingBearRanch
08-09-2014, 01:56 PM
Yay! I need to get to the PO.

corrie04
08-10-2014, 12:23 AM
Thanks for the update Nancy.

corrie04
09-08-2014, 09:38 PM
Hi everyone. I just got back in town from being on vacation.

RBR sent me an email and said that Nancy has received her pages. RBR, did you receive your pages from Nancy, yet?

Rachel and I are making special arrangements for our trades since we do so much stuff together in real life.