PDA

View Full Version : Taking the Veil: a Nun swap due July 22

Pages : [1] 2

Jean
04-22-2008, 04:08 PM

Taking the Veil swap

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3066/2434224877_f34541c6ac.jpg?v=0 http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4486&d=1209046904http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/file.php?n=10819&w=s

cards by jean, Elena, IrishRose
Due Date: July 22, 2008
SignUp Date: June 10, 2008
Cards: 3/3 or 6/6
Participants: unlimited Canadians; unlimited Americans sending postage; 10 international

What little girl didn’t dream of being a nun someday, gliding by in those habits, hair modestly hidden under the veil, hands modestly tucked into sleeves and under scapulars? Watching movies like The Bells of St. Mary’s and The Trouble with Angels made convent life even more alluring and mysterious with Ingrid Bergman or Roz Russell in long, graceful robes. Those religious habits are less common now, but the romance lives on...

This swap is to honour the vision and ideals of nuns who dedicated their lives to service within convent walls. If you’ve ever known a nun of compassion and kindness, like so many of the elderly sisters I served, this swap is for you!

Collage, paint, draw, stitch....use any medium you like to depict the purity of heart and nobility of spirit that motivated and continues to motivate women to live lives of poverty, chastity, and obedience, the better to serve Love.

Cards for this swap must be quality - that means cards you are proud to display and claim as your own work. I ask you to please upload your cards to the thread so we can all enjoy them. If you cannot do so, I will upload them for you when they arrive. I am happy to help you get your cards seen in this way. When the swap is over and archived, I will delete the images I have uploaded as we have a limited number of attachments allowed.

HOW I HOST:
I swap out approximate qualities/qualities (as opposed to 'quality'). That means that of three cards, I try to match two to each swapper's taste/style/level of carefulness/technique as far as I am able and the third is more random. I've swapped this way a long time and have only gotten one complaint ever.

I recognize, and ask my swappers to recognize also, that everyone's art is his/her own. I am not going to judge what is good or bad as I cannot, but will try to match up cards I think the swappers will enjoy based on what they sent in to be swapped.

It may be that when you receive your cards, you do not love 'em all to bits. I ask you to consider whether it is because the style/technique/etc is simply not to your taste. If you truly dislike a card, PLEASE contact me so I can replace it. I want everyone to create and receive cards that are made with heart and wonderful to behold! If you have questions, complaints, etc., PLEASE do not EVER hesitate to pm me! We're all friends here, and I want us to have a lot of fun together!

Note that I expect to swap out between 3-8 cards, depending on how much time I have. I intend them to be adorable and they will reflect the best work I can do on this theme. When the swap ends, I will invite you all to submit an evaluation of my swap hosting as a quality control. After all, I'm asking for your best; you have a right to mine.

REQUIREMENTS:
This swap is for AFA members 18 and over.
Have your profile filled out so we can get to know you better!
Post in the thread to sign up; folks will be able to locate you to thank you for your art.

MAKING YOUR CARDS:
-Please work carefully to create beautiful, well-made cards in keeping with the theme so that everyone will love their returns.
-Use any media you like - collage, paint, draw, stitch, stamp - you name it, as long as it’s original.
-If you print an image off the computer, be sure it is a high-resolution, high-quality image.
-Cards must be 2.5x3.5 inches.
-Keep them thin; thick cards cost more to mail and will be returned to you at your expense.
-Please submit only new cards made for this swap. If you have an older card that fits the theme, contact me.
-Put your real name and user name on your cards. You may also add date created, title of card or swap, an email or homepage URL, etc.
-Cards that do not meet the requirements will be returned to sender at sender’s expense.

POSTAGE:
Canadian: unlimited number. Please send 52 cents postage and address label (no envelope).
Americans: unlimited number, as you are able to cover your postage. Please send 96 cents in Canadian stamps OR a concealed dollar and address label (no envelope).
International: limited to ten, I’m so sorry. I will be covering your postage. Please send an address label (no envelope).
**Please do not send International Reply Coupons. The postal employees in our little (4000 people) town have no idea what they are.

MAILING:
-Please put each of your cards in a plastic sleeve for protection.
-Include postage (Canadians and Americans).
-Include address label with your name and username.
-On your envelope, please put your return address, username, real name and Taking the Veil.
-If you want to send a thank you gift, which is not required, an extra ATC on this theme or ephemera, etc. as a thank-you, would be appreciated. See my profile for ideas.

I will post iTrader for participants as I receive your cards.
I will mail returns on time, so please mail early enough to get your cards to me by July 22.
Please leave rep (not iTrader) for the people whose work you receive in this swap.

PM me for my address to send the cards. Contact me if you can not make the mail by deadline. If there are any questions please pm me.

Links:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nun Tons of information as well as other links and images

Received
1. Merricat - USA
2. Pennyquilter - USA
3. bluehills - USA
4. IrishRose - USA
5. katielady - USA
6. kylieluvsart - AUS - 1
7. joeyj1220 - USA
8. Elena - USA
9. Tutuglenna - USA
10. Biggoldfsh - USA
11. kstyles - USA
12. gatos53 - USA
13. ScramperSue- USA
14. nuttynanner - USA (both)
15. cairnlae - USA
16. TherapyArtist -USA
17. mandareyes - USA
18. Polar Art - CAN
19. neca84 -AUS - 2
20. Poodle Pup -AUS - 3
21. dolores4fun - USA
22. PaperScraps -USA
23. stitchwunderkind - USA

Merricat
04-22-2008, 04:18 PM
Me, me, me!!!

Jean
04-22-2008, 04:22 PM
You're in, Merricat! This will be sooo cool!

Pennyquilter
04-22-2008, 04:32 PM
I'll try it.
pennyquilter

Jean
04-22-2008, 04:38 PM
Hi, Pennyquilter! Welcome to the swap!

bluehills
04-22-2008, 05:32 PM
...as I was one of those little Catholic girls who admired the cool young guitar-playing nuns at our church -- but gave up the idea of becoming one once I discovered boys...

Jean
04-22-2008, 05:35 PM
LOL Welcome, bluehills!

Jean
04-22-2008, 05:56 PM
One of the nice things about nuns in old habits, if you draw, is that they generally tucked their hands out of sight under scapulars and into sleeves when they weren't doing something. I have trouble with hands...lol...so this is perfect for me!

MissKoolAid
04-22-2008, 06:50 PM
Hmmm... I'm going to wait a little bit and complete my other swaps but I'll keep an eye on this one. I never dreamed to be a nun but two of my aunts actually wore the habit (and I have pictures from the 70s as proof!).

Jean
04-22-2008, 09:17 PM
Oooh, MissKoolAid...that'd be cool: tribute atcs! We're here if you decide to sign up!
(Were they Grey Nuns?)

IrishRose
04-22-2008, 10:03 PM
Oh, oh, oh, me!!! Another Catholic school girl here. I remember one old nun who didn't tuck her hands in. She would sit in church and count a wad of dollar bills in the middle of mass. I so wanted to smack her with a ruler and tell her to pay attention! I also was curious as to where all those dollar bills came from.....hmmmmm. I think I just figured it out...LOL! :unsure: :idea:

katilady
04-22-2008, 10:40 PM
OMG ME! I have to be in this one!

Jean
04-22-2008, 11:40 PM
Welcome, Irish Rose! I'll add your name!

And you, miss katielady! I've been waiting for you! That avatar of yours was the inspiration for the swap! Welcome!

katilady
04-22-2008, 11:47 PM
Welcome, Irish Rose! I'll add your name!

And you, miss katielady! I've been waiting for you! That avatar of yours was the inspiration for the swap! Welcome!

Right on! I am so glad!!!!! :D

kylieluvsart
04-23-2008, 07:11 AM
Can I join too ? aussie catholic girl here.

Jean
04-23-2008, 08:33 AM
You are so in, Kylieluvsart! Thanks for signing up!

Jean
04-23-2008, 10:32 AM
I took out the reference to Catholic girls. This is an ecumenical swap!! :)

My best friend in junior high, a Baptist who lived next door, loved the nuns in their habits (they'd walk past the house on their way to the bakery at the end of the street) and sighed that there were no Baptist nuns for her to join, *s*

kylieluvsart
04-23-2008, 06:21 PM
fair enough!, had a laugh about the money counting nun. very funny although after all the stories my mum told me about getting wacked on the back of legs by the nuns it's no wonder you wanted to wack this nun irishrose!

Jean
04-23-2008, 06:31 PM
I had nuns from grades 1-12, and there were only two who were, I'd say, nasty and both I had in highschool One was headed for a nervous breakdown (Yes, after I graduated she had it); the other was dying of cancer which we girls didn't know. Pain can make you snappish. *sigh*

I imagine that convent life brings out the best and worst in women. Lord knows I was ready to kill the kitchen sister after she burned the dinner the third night in a row. :confused:

Jean
04-23-2008, 06:32 PM
P.S. Guess what I got in the mail today? A NUN napkin!!!!! LOLOL How cool is that!:laugh:

Jean
04-23-2008, 09:35 PM
Joeyj, you are in! We are nondiscriminatory...*g*

Mandy
04-24-2008, 03:59 AM
ooohhh can i join up?

Jean
04-24-2008, 10:09 AM
Mandy, you're in! Thanks for signing up!

Elena
04-24-2008, 10:22 AM
Do they have to be serious nuns?

Jean
04-24-2008, 11:26 AM
OH, Elena, she's great! I love her! You're in, yes?

Elena
04-24-2008, 11:31 AM
I am in then! Can't take the veil too seriously :laugh:

Jean
04-24-2008, 11:41 AM
I think we'll get a mix...I just wanted to make sure that the cards weren't anti-nun, you know? That's a whole 'nother swap, lol.

I'll add your name! Thanks for signing up!

Elena
04-24-2008, 12:01 PM
I know what you mean, good thinking :)

tutuglenna
04-24-2008, 05:36 PM
I'd love to participate in this one, Jean.

IrishRose
04-24-2008, 06:26 PM
Jean,

The nun who taught me in fourth grade was slowly falling apart that year. I was a fairly sensitive and "tuned-in" kid and was able to pick up on it. There were little things she did and then there were those times she would sit at her desk, softly crying, seeming lost. The best part was that she would send one kid to the corner drug store for ice cream bars for the class - that was too cool! I often think of her though and how troubled she seemed to be. She didn't do a whole lot of teaching that year. Mostly, she would pass out paper and tell us it was St. So-and-So's day and we would make cards for that Saint's day.

Meanwhile, out in the parking lot, my sister's 8th grade nun was revving up the big old black Oldsmobile (a hand-me-down from Father F.) and burning rubber across the playground (in between recesses).

The nun who taught me in first grade ran away and got married mid year.

I never wanted to be a nun but my sister did. She would even make nun outfits out of old sheets. I remember, too, that as kids, instead of playing house, we played church. My brothers would be priests and my sister and I would be nuns. We'd get bread and smoosh it flat and make hosts and give each other holy communion! Sick! LOL!

Jean
04-24-2008, 07:15 PM
Sad, for the nuns who weren't happy in the convent... Luckily, I only had that one who was snappish and mean and boy, did she hate me! *g* Can't imagine why! *bat, bat*

LOLOL for communion! My mom tells me that as a toddler, I'd grab her missel, Dad's prayerbook, her purse, and make my altar on the pew, draping her hankie over Dad's prayerbook and putting mine and hers on the 'sides', lolol. I'd sit on the kneeler and do MY mass, occasionally standing on it to see if the priest had gotten ahead of me. She says she dreaded Sunday mass and the snickers of people behind us when I'd begin my "Latin" prayers: Lettuce, asparagus asparagus celery! Amen. *g* I'd have spanked my bottom well and truly, but I got away with it. Mom said even with that I was a darn sight better in church than my younger sisters were, once they came along.

We weren't allowed to play communion; Mom said it was sacrilegious. But we could play school boy, and I was ALWAYS Sister-teacher.

Tutu, you're in! Welcome, my friend! :D

Biggoldfsh
04-25-2008, 04:15 AM
I'd like to participate.

Jean
04-25-2008, 10:19 AM
Welcome, Biggoldfish! We're having fun with the nuns here! Jump in!

bluehills
04-25-2008, 10:30 AM
Jean,

Is the correct cards-due date July 22 (as it says at the top of the file and in the subject line) or July 15 (as it says in the text)? Either is fine by me--just asking for planning purposes!

Thanks,

bluehills

Jean
04-25-2008, 10:41 AM
The 22 is correct; I wrote the copy a week earlier, lol, and just never had time to post!!! Thank you, Sr. Bluehills! ;)

bluehills
04-25-2008, 10:48 AM
You're welcome. Can you tell that I'm, um, an editor by profession? :cute:

Jean
04-25-2008, 11:55 AM
I need an editor, lol, or is it a *manager* I need? I'd rather walk on glass than edit things. We used to have a webzine at the site - omigosh, the submissions we received. I kept having to bite my tongue so I wouldn't say snarky things like, "Umm, are you *sure* English is your first language?" Argh. God bless you, bluehills!

kstyles
04-25-2008, 12:32 PM
I'd love to sign up for this swap!

Jean
04-25-2008, 12:35 PM
You're in! Thanks for signing up!!

gatos53
04-25-2008, 09:29 PM
May I join?

Jean
04-25-2008, 09:35 PM
Swappers: I have added the following to the first post. I'm putting it here to call your attention to it.

I swap out approximate qualities/qualities (as opposed to 'quality'). That means that of three cards, I try to match two to each swapper's taste/style/level of carefulness/technique as far as I am able and the third is more random. I've always swapped this way and have only gotten one complaint ever.

I recognize, and ask my swappers to recognize also, that everyone's art is his/her own. I am not going to judge what is good or bad as I cannot, but will try to match up cards I think the swappers will enjoy based on what they sent in to be swapped.

It may be that when you receive your cards, you do not love 'em all to bits. I ask you to consider whether it is because the style/technique/etc is simply not to your taste. If you truly dislike a card, PLEASE contact me so I can replace it. I want everyone to create and receive cards that are made with heart and wonderful to behold! If you have questions, complaints, etc., PLEASE do not EVER hesitate to pm me! We're all friends here, and I want us to have a lot of fun together!

Note that I expect to swap out between 3-8 cards, depending on how much time I have. I intend them to be adorable and they will reflect the best work I can do on this theme. When the swap ends, I will invite you all to submit an evaluation of my swap hosting as a quality control. After all, I'm asking for your best; you have a right to mine.

I'm still trying to figure out how to do the eval. I'll get it sorted out by July! ;)

Jean
04-25-2008, 09:37 PM
Hi, gatos! Welcome to the swap! It's gonna be GREAT!

ScramperSue
04-25-2008, 10:56 PM
Jean, I'd be chaste & humbled to be in this swap!!:D

Jean
04-26-2008, 10:37 AM
LOLOL, Sue! You're in! Thanks for signing up!

nanner
04-26-2008, 12:16 PM
My top three reasons for signing up for this swap:
1. Jean's hosting...and she's the bee's knees!
2. Nuns are fascinating.
3. I'm a die-hard Sound of Music lover...Maria!

nuttynanner

Jean
04-26-2008, 01:40 PM
*clearing throat* mimimimimimiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!! *ahem*

*singing* Ohhhhhhh, how do you handle swappers like our nanner?..... *coughing fit*

I guess you just have to let 'em play! :jiggy: Welcome, nuttynanner! This is going to be a funnnnnnnn swap!

tutuglenna
04-26-2008, 04:51 PM
Prospective offerings for this swap. I've been on a roll with my new computer:

tutuglenna
04-26-2008, 04:55 PM
Just a wee bit more. The final selection has not been made (so, Jean, if you have favorites....sing right out.....but not THE SOUND OF MUSIC)

Jean
04-26-2008, 05:05 PM
Oooooh, tutu! Love your nuns! They're wonderful! But, oh, that golden one...that's my favourite. I think it is...no, it is. But I love 'em all...Yes, the golden one...but the drawn nuns are gorgeous. And I love the lily nun...but the golden one...yes, the golden one. For now, anyway! LOLOL

katilady
04-26-2008, 06:41 PM
Great cards tutuglenna!!!!

katilady
04-29-2008, 02:50 AM
Hey Jean I have a question. I would like to make at least one card that is similar to my avatar...this would mean it would be a bit bulky (not horribly so, but her lovely crown IS made of small spikes). If I added some loose postage in addition to the regular postage would this be acceptable?

Jean
04-29-2008, 08:32 AM
Sure, katilady - but remember I can only use Canadian stamps to mail out.

Jean
04-29-2008, 08:40 AM
Did y'all hear about the man who opened a dry-cleaning business next door to the convent? He knocked on the door and asked the Mother Superior if she had any dirty habits.

kstyles
04-29-2008, 09:55 AM
I don't know if this has been asked yet or not but is the due date July 15 or July 22?

Jean
04-29-2008, 11:59 AM
It's the 22nd.

katilady
04-29-2008, 02:11 PM
Sure, katilady - but remember I can only use Canadian stamps to mail out.

Thanks for reminding me! Would concealed cash work?

Jean
04-29-2008, 02:51 PM
Yes, but have you considered using photos of spikes or nails or some such? That way it'd be flat...and no extra postage needed....

tutuglenna
04-30-2008, 05:10 AM
Did y'all hear about the man who opened a dry-cleaning business next door to the convent? He knocked on the door and asked the Mother Superior if she had any dirty habits.

:biglaugh: LOL...:biglaugh:

Jean
04-30-2008, 02:03 PM
I was going to put up more nun jokes but they weren't really appropriate. Pooh.

katilady
04-30-2008, 08:28 PM
I was going to put up more nun jokes but they weren't really appropriate. Pooh.

I LOVE inappropriate! Especially when it comes to nuns, lmao!

cairnlae
04-30-2008, 11:22 PM
this is a subject I have not done yet...I would like to play please!!

Jean
04-30-2008, 11:25 PM
carinlae, you are more than welcome! And see? No blackmail here! After all, this is a NUN swap...;)

As for YOU, Katielady...*eying ruler* I've got my eye on you, too. Inappropriate indeed.

nanner
05-01-2008, 12:00 AM
Hope you have been good...because here come the SISTERS!

cairnlae
05-01-2008, 12:05 AM
nice cards neener nanner...
hey check out this phto I found in an image search for nuns on google.....I couldn't quite make it out at first, then realized they were legs to the stools...LOL...

http://vivirlatino.com/i/2006/03/nuns.jpg

Jean
05-01-2008, 12:27 AM
OOooh, nuttynanner....I love 'em!

funny photo, cairnlae! I have a calendar of nuns having fun, lolol.

cairnlae
05-01-2008, 12:57 AM
yes i came across quite a few of those photos jean when I was doing my search...of course I immediately thought COLLAGE!!!!LOL....

katilady
05-01-2008, 10:15 AM
nice cards neener nanner...
hey check out this phto I found in an image search for nuns on google.....I couldn't quite make it out at first, then realized they were legs to the stools...LOL...

http://vivirlatino.com/i/2006/03/nuns.jpg

LOVE that photo!

And Jean, I learned in Catholic school how to run fast from those rulers. I may be a fat girl, but I can sure move with one of those things after me! :D

Jean
05-01-2008, 12:05 PM
I never had a nun hit me; did have a lay teacher who used a ruler but I was terrified of her. The nuns would just put their hands under their scapulars and just give us the eye and that was usually the case.

Of course, I was always teacher's pet. NOT! LOLOLOL They liked me, but I was always getting poor conduct grades for talking.

nanner
05-01-2008, 03:36 PM
IThey liked me, but I was always getting poor conduct grades for talking.

SO many jokes...so little time. Insert your own joke about Jean getting in trouble for TALKING here. Hee.

cairnlae's photo is fabulous.

Hostess with the mostess Jean, will you be hosting a "twisted" nun swap after this?

Pennyquilter
05-01-2008, 04:06 PM
Part of my nuns are in my gallery. I want to make six, plus one for Jean.
Hard to do the faces, so just enjoy them as they are.

Jean
05-01-2008, 06:29 PM
Twisted nuns....maybe if we twisted them sweetly, lol. I have a soft spot for nuns, I have to say.

Once when I was in grade 8, Sr. John Margaret sent me and my friend Winnie from the line (returning from lunch) to wait for her in the convent sitting room as she had a task for us. Obedient little schoolgirls, we went and waited.

And waited. "We should go back to class!" Winnie said after ten minutes or so.
"Nah, she said wait for her," I replied, and we continued chatting.

One of the sisters hurried in, late for her class. "Why, Girls! Do you need something?"
"Noooo, Siiiiiiister...." "Sr. John Margaret told us to wait for her here."
"Oh, ok, then!" Sister hurried on, clearly relieved that she wasn't needed.

After about a half hour, Winnie (a professional Good Girl) was getting antsy. "I know she forgot we're here. We should go back to class!"
"And embarrass her? She'll get angry if we don't obey her," I warned Winnie, and so we continued chatting. It was back in the Man from Uncle days, so we had lots to talk about.

Various sisters came in and out. Each of them was satisfied when we chimed that Sr. John Margaret had asked us to wait for her.

About ten minutes before the dismissal bell, we returned to class. Sr. JM was horrified when we walked in. "Girls! I'm sorry, I forgot you were waiting for me." Then it hit her. "You've been sitting there all afternoon?! Why didn't you return to class?"

Winnie turned white and I looked innocent. "But Sister, you told us to wait!" *bat, bat*

Sister JM glared at me. "Well, I can only hope that henceforth you'll be as zealous in your obedience when I tell you to be quiet during class," she commented with more than a little acid in her voice, I must say.

"Yes, Sister," we chorused and returned to our seats, the envy of the entire 8th grade.

kylieluvsart
05-01-2008, 06:57 PM
pennyquilter your nuns are great! I have one more to go!
Jean we have had a trade before is your addy the same as it was six months ago?

Jean
05-01-2008, 10:45 PM
yes'm it is! Whoo-hoo!

Elena's sisters have arrived...they're even better in person! I've got them in the chapel and if they're good I'll let them have recreation before Compline. This is fun!

tutuglenna
05-02-2008, 12:14 AM
Great nuns, ladies.

TherapyArtist
05-02-2008, 12:40 PM
I saw one of IrishRose's nuns in the gallery and didn't note that it was for a swap and requested it. Well, she explained to me about the swap....and here I am! May I join? I don't know where you would buy Canadian postage. Could I send a US Dollar?

I never got to go to Catholic school and I always wanted to so bad. I loved the uniforms. And the girls that went to Catholic school were so much cooler than the public school girls!

I wanted to be a nun because of my contact with the nuns in 'church school ' when we were removed from our classes and walked to the fire hall. I always felt so sorry for those poor 'non-Catholic' kids and wondered what they could possibly do to match our adventure.

Except the day I got sat under the piano for talking. I was shy and soooo embarrassed. I guess I should clarify that. I was shy with adults and people I didn't know. I could talk for hours with the people I knew - and most of you who know me on here can attest to that. Just look at this letter that started out as a simple query to ask if I could still join!

Jean
05-02-2008, 01:49 PM
LOL, Mary! Sitting under the piano....that's bad! *g*

Welcome to the swap! It's gonna be fun fun fun! And yup, the post office takes US dollars so we're good! I'll add your name now.

IrishRose
05-05-2008, 04:41 AM
Jean, would you kindly send me your address so I can send this gaggle of nuns to you? I'm all nun'd out...for now. If you have a sequel (nunquel?) I will have to introduce you to more nuns I remember...Sr. Eulalia and Sr. Mary Lewis (the dollar-counting-in-church nun) come to mind. They were actually siblings and one was 2 ft 6 in and the other was 6 ft 2 in. I think I could have some fun making art out of those two sister sisters. LOL!

Jean
05-05-2008, 08:29 AM
I'll pm you now, IrishRose!

Jean
05-05-2008, 10:19 PM
I have been looking and looking for NICE nun jokes and I am coming up empty!!! Anybody know any?? Everything I've found is rather off-colour. :skeptical:

rkolig
05-06-2008, 07:52 AM
LOL

All the comedians writing nun jokes must consider themselves Catholic school "survivors". Survivors don't write nice jokes.

Jean
05-06-2008, 06:16 PM
A group of people are touring the White House in Washington D.C. As the tour ends, they are waiting in line to sign the visitors register. A group of Nuns are in line to sign the book, followed by a family with their young son Sheldon. As they near the visitors registry, young Sheldon loses patience and runs ahead to sign the book. However, his mother stops him and admonishes him saying, "Wait till the nun signs Shelly!"

nanner
05-06-2008, 06:26 PM
Ummm....er....duh...I don't get it. :err::confused::confused::confused:

Jean? Help!

nanner
05-06-2008, 06:29 PM
A young nun enters a convent, where she can only utter two words every ten years. After the first decade, she visits Mother Superior and says, "bed hard."

Ten years later, she says, "food bad." After 30 years, she goes to the Mother Superior and says, "I quit."

"I'm not surprised," says Mother Superior. "You've been complaining ever since you got here."

kylieluvsart
05-06-2008, 06:48 PM
*giggle* love that one!!!!
Jean I sent my cards off yesterday.

Jean
05-06-2008, 10:55 PM
Ummm....er....duh...I don't get it. :err::confused::confused::confused:

Jean? Help!

Sweetie, you're just young is all, lol. It's playing on an old song title from my grandparents' time: "Wait till the Sun Shines, Nellie"!!! Ah, youth....*s*

cairnlae
05-06-2008, 11:58 PM
yeah, give us some obscure song reference and then blame it on youth...geezz..didn't know my mom was here too!!!:P:P:P:P

tutuglenna
05-07-2008, 01:10 AM
I know that song, Jean. I sang it right along with Rudee Vallee.

Jean
05-07-2008, 10:28 AM
yeah, give us some obscure song reference and then blame it on youth...geezz..didn't know my mom was here too!!!:P:P:P:P

Now see here, young lady! *looking over glasses*

What do you call a nun who's lost?

Come on, come on...tick tick tick! Let's have it!!!! *slapping ruler in palm*

Come on, young thing you. What do you call a nun who's lost?

*eying group* And no groaning!

a roamin' Catholic...

gatos53
05-07-2008, 05:19 PM
Oy vey....such jokes!!

Jean
05-08-2008, 12:35 PM
Oh, Polar Art, hon, I think you MUST join this swap! LOLOLOL What a great story!

Now then: who is still talking to you - Toni or the nun?! LOLOL

Jean
05-08-2008, 12:36 PM
Joining the community today:

Sister Tutu's sisters....and NuttyNunner's nuns... Lovely ladies, every single one of them! I've fed them all and they're having quiet time now... I must say, they are extremely well behaved! ;)

cairnlae
05-08-2008, 02:49 PM
NuttyNunner's nuns... I must say, they are extremely well behaved! ;)

are you SURE those came from NEENERNANNER's house?!
:jiggy::D

Jean
05-08-2008, 06:15 PM
Oh, yes, Nuttynunner's nuns are doing very well. I've got the Carmelites watching them. Once we got the beer and ciggies away from them, they settled right down.

Merricat
05-08-2008, 08:15 PM
Sounds like my crazy nuns will fit right in! LOL! Here are my first 2 :

Merricat
05-08-2008, 08:17 PM
And I'm not Catholic - but my husband's aunt (Sister Judith) is a nun at the Vatican. She's a computer/internet guru and is considered the "Webmistress" of the Vatican! She's uber-cool and fluent in Italian :)

cairnlae
05-08-2008, 11:05 PM
Oh that totally rocks!!!!

nanner
05-09-2008, 12:11 AM
Oh, yes, Nuttynunner's nuns are doing very well. I've got the Carmelites watching them. Once we got the beer and ciggies away from them, they settled right down.

You know...I thought I checked them over. Clearly they've got their hiding places. Sneaky sisters, those gals!

Honestly, I just couldn't handle them anymore, but I knew Jean would help them back onto the right path. (They got a long way before they could be webmistress of the Vatican...that is something!)

katilady
05-09-2008, 09:51 AM
You know...I thought I checked them over. Clearly they've got their hiding places. Sneaky sisters, those gals!

Honestly, I just couldn't handle them anymore, but I knew Jean would help them back onto the right path. (They got a long way before they could be webmistress of the Vatican...that is something!)

I am wondering how they got their goods over the border? Maybe being nuns makes you less suspect to searches!

Jean
05-09-2008, 10:29 AM
It was those voluminous robes that did it. I once knew a nun who smuggled an entire case of beer across the border under her scapular. Get a bunch of them in a station wagon, and you've got a party!

Merricat, I'm loving those two! I think I know the one on the right - Sister Mary Zettisisanne, right? ;)

Speaking of the Vatican, I am related to a priest who used to work the Vatican under then-Cardinal Ratzinger, and the stories he tells about him - huh! :skeptical:

mandareyes
05-09-2008, 06:53 PM
This will be my first online swap! I'm so excited!

nanner
05-09-2008, 10:48 PM
Welcome, mandareyes! You picked a good one to start.

"Welcome our child." (quoting my nuns)

mandareyes
05-10-2008, 11:29 AM
I'll do it. This will be my first swap.

Jean
05-10-2008, 05:17 PM
Thank you, Sister Nuttisma. Welcome, mandareyes! I'm addding you now!

kylieluvsart
05-11-2008, 11:25 PM
Jean my nuns are on their ways!

Jean
05-12-2008, 07:12 PM
Whoohoo! Can't wait to see 'em Kylieluvsart!

Ok,y'all. It's been quiet, so let's get some action going....Now that the nuns are arriving, what shall I feed them? They've already had sacred h'artichoke salad and pope-a-roni pizza-be-with-you (and also with you). They've cleaned up the angel food cake and Nuttynanners ate up the devils' food cake I was saving for me.

Now I'm at a loss...any menu suggestions?

cairnlae
05-12-2008, 07:59 PM
do you want my recipe for vatican o'beer chicken on the grill?

Jean
05-12-2008, 09:39 PM
ooooh, yeah! Now you're cooking! *g*

Merricat
05-12-2008, 09:42 PM
Haha! I love it!

Jean
05-12-2008, 10:06 PM
How about a nice immacu-latte after dinner?

cairnlae
05-12-2008, 10:25 PM
for breakfast you can feed them pope-tarts and pope-overs!

Jean
05-13-2008, 12:33 PM
LOLOLOL I love it!

nanner
05-13-2008, 01:54 PM
I hear rosary...er...rosemary and Swiss can be an addicting HABIT for them. (Swiss being a holy/hole-y cheese of choice.)

nanner
05-13-2008, 01:56 PM
for breakfast you can feed them pope-tarts and pope-overs!

YES!

And pope-sicles for a summertime dessert!

Jean
05-13-2008, 03:09 PM
What is the sister's favourite holiday? (snicker)

nanner
05-13-2008, 06:11 PM
HALLOWeen?

Jean
05-13-2008, 06:48 PM
Good one, Nuttynunner!

Any other suggestions?

Jean
05-13-2008, 07:22 PM
*thud* I'm so sorry! I'll do it now....

Nun's favourite holiday? No? Veil-entine's Day! *dodging spoiled fruit* Hey, most of the jokes were just nasty! I'm trying here! *ducking*

nanner
05-14-2008, 12:38 AM
I have a confession...oh, wrong booth?

Hostess/mostess Jean...seeing as how I still owe you some postage $ because I sinned and did not follow directions properly (long confession!)...I'm sending more sisters.

Hopefully they'll be better behaved than the first crew.

This sister escaped from the Russian Doll Swap. She left those girls and decided to commit her life to a higher purpose....Jean! Hee.

This is Sister Little.

P.S. Was that punchline Veil-antines Day? Ouch.

neca84
05-14-2008, 02:51 AM
Please may i join, I am from Australia, Bless You

kylieluvsart
05-14-2008, 05:39 AM
neca84 I'm from victoria australia hello!

kylieluvsart
05-14-2008, 05:42 AM
Jean, have my cards arrived yet?

Jean
05-14-2008, 11:28 AM
Not yet, Kylie, but I'm keeping an eye - and haven't gotten mail yet today...

Hey, Nunner....I'm doing my best here! (Yes, it was Veil-entine's Day, lol)

Welcome, neca84! I'll add your name to our list!

Jean
05-14-2008, 11:34 AM
Btw, I love Sister Little, Nutty! She reminds me of my Aunt Birdie...lol

neca84
05-14-2008, 08:41 PM
Hi kylielovesart I am from Tasmania, so only the creek seperating us :)

cairnlae
05-14-2008, 08:49 PM
I bet its bigger than the creek behind my house!:goofy:

Jean
05-15-2008, 11:00 AM
So these two nuns are driving through the forest one night when Count Dracula appears in the road before them, cape outstretched and fangs dripping blood. "Oh, my!" gasps the sister driving the car. "Quick, show him your cross!" she exclaims.

The other nun rolls down her window, sticks her head out the window, and shouts, "Get your bloomin' a** out of the road, you filthy blood-sucker! You think we have all night here??" (apologies to Vicar of Dibley, where I heard this old joke first.)

nanner
05-15-2008, 12:40 PM
LOOOOOOVE that joke!

cairnlae
05-15-2008, 03:33 PM
you would...:P Don't think I don't know you drive past the monastary every chance you get and scream out dirty jokes at the nuns like a turet's sufferer on crack!!!

Jean
05-15-2008, 03:46 PM
Rofl! I heard about that over at the diocesan office - so that was Nanner? Figures! :yes:

nanner
05-15-2008, 04:00 PM
Ssssshhhhh! Keep this down! Why do you think I hide behind the cute kitty avatar?

cairnlae
05-15-2008, 06:25 PM
did you know that its okay to date a nun?...............................as long as you don't get into the habit.:err:

Jean
05-15-2008, 06:48 PM
LOLOL! Oh, that deserves rep, I think!

nanner
05-16-2008, 02:06 PM
Speaking of Rep, dear hostess...you had a hand in pushing me into the TWO PIP category. Are your ears burning...cuz we're talking about you in Ducky's rep thread...

Jean
05-16-2008, 05:51 PM
Oh, dear! My ears are about falling off my head they are burning so bad!

Kylieluvsart...your sweet nuns (and goodies! :jiggy:) have arrived! Thank you so much and off to leave rep!

IrishRose
05-17-2008, 01:52 PM
Sister Mary Ann, who worked for a home health agency, was out making her rounds visiting homebound patients when she ran out of gas. As luck would have it, an Exxon Gasoline station was just a block away. She walked to the station to borrow a gas can and buy some gas. The attendant told her that the only gas can he owned had been loaned out, but she could wait until it was returned.

Since Sister Mary Ann was on the way to see a patient, she decided not to wait and walked back to her car. She looked for something in her
car that she could fill with gas and spotted the bedpan she was taking to the patient. Always resourceful, Sister Mary Ann carried the bedpan to the station, filled it with gasoline, and carried the full bedpan back to her car.

As she was pouring the gas into her tank, two Baptists watched from across the street. One of them turned to the other and said, 'If it
starts, I'm turning Catholic.'

Jean
05-17-2008, 01:55 PM
ROFL! Kudos, IrishRose!!!

nanner
05-17-2008, 04:08 PM
'If it
starts, I'm turning Catholic.'

YES!

That is hilarious! Great one!:biglaugh:

Jean
05-17-2008, 05:11 PM
'turning Catholic'... Is that like tipping cows? :confused:

nanner
05-17-2008, 06:19 PM
How much ARE you supposed to tip cows these days?

15%...20%?

Jean
05-17-2008, 06:23 PM
LOL You can tip *this* cow as much as you like! ;)

katilady
05-17-2008, 06:32 PM
LOL You can tip *this* cow as much as you like! ;)

ROTFLMAO! OMG! I can't stop laughing!:biglaugh:

Jean
05-17-2008, 06:40 PM
Yeah, boy, we're having fun with the nuns...*s*

Jean
05-17-2008, 06:55 PM
I did a year with the nuns, just as a candidate - no vows or anything, and recreation was a hoot. (Recreation was a single hour we had after the evening meal during which we'd gather in the community room and sit around and chat. That was it, chat. Recreation. No kidding.) First, you have to know that we were deprived - no tv, radio, newspapers, chitchat with the locals, nothing. We were all God, all day, boy!

When we had recreation, then, it was pretty tame, as you can imagine. No Brangelina speculation there, just chitchat about convent matters and who got a letter (opened and read by Sr. Superior, thank you) from home, etc. Sometimes Sr. Superior would ask the young ones (that meant, novices and candidates regardless of chronological age - I was older than the novice mistress) to sing a hymn as entertainment (no kidding) for the rest of the community.

Well, I got the bright idea to get the other candidates together and sing a parody song for the sisters' amusement. I wrote new words to "On Top of Old Smoky" that started..."We're gonna be siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisters,that's why we've come here... We've given up smoooooooooooooooooooking and given up beeeeeeeeer!" I don't remember the rest but it was equally pathetic. (That's what you get for praying all day - you lose your edge!)

Well, when we announced we had a 'treat' for the sisters, they were delighted and put down their mending (idle hands...) to listen. When we finished, they were all laughing except Sr. Superior who disapproved of our singing about beer.

No lie. She didn't like us singing about beer. Completely irrelevant that we sang bout giving it UP, thank you.

And the cigarettes didn't bother her, go figure.

nanner
05-18-2008, 09:02 AM
THAT is priceless.

Deep down, perhaps Sr. Superior was a tad jealous that you had the others laughing. I LOVE that you put it out there anyway...land where it may.

Wonder how it would have went over if you sang about giving up ciggys and...ahem...the OTHER recreation time?

Jean
05-18-2008, 12:00 PM
LOL! Trust me, we weren't that kind of girl! LOLOL

But there was the bra story, lolol....I'll tell it when I have a bit of time.

katilady
05-19-2008, 12:06 AM
Here's one from me. I actually have 2 done, but the other won't scan and I am too tired to get out my camera! This one is called 'Homesick': http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=14665

nanner
05-19-2008, 11:47 AM
That's a beauty, Kati!

Jean
05-20-2008, 12:53 PM
How can you spot an undercover nun?

Wait for it....

Wait for it...

By her veiled glances! :P

Ok, ok *ducking fruit* At least I'm trying! LOLOL

nanner
05-20-2008, 01:02 PM
There were two nuns...

One of them was known as Sister Mathematical (SM), and the other one was known as Sister Logical (SL).

It is getting dark and they are still far away from the convent.

SM: Have you noticed that a man has been following us for the past thirty-eight and a half minutes? I wonder what he wants.

SL: It's logical. He wants to rape us.

SM: Oh, no! At this rate he will reach us in 15 minutes at the most? What can we do?

SL: The only logical thing to do of course is to walk faster.

SM: It's not working.

SL: Of course it's not working. The man did the only logical thing. He started to walk faster, too.

SM: So, what shall we do? At this rate he will reach us in one minute.

SL: The only logical thing we can do is split. You go that way and I'll go this way. He cannot follow us both.

So the man decided to follow Sister Logical.

Sister Mathematical arrives at the convent and is worried about what has happened to Sister Logical.

Then Sister Logical arrives.

SM: Sister Logical! Thank God you are here! Tell me what happened!

SL: The only logical thing happened. The man couldn't follow us both, so he followed me.

SM: Yes, yes! But what happened then?

SL: The only logical thing happened. I started to run as fast as I could and he started to run as fast as he could.

SM: And?

SL: The only logical thing happened. He reached me.

SM: Oh, dear! What did you do?

SL: The only logical thing to do. I lifted my dress up.

SM: Oh, Sister! What did the man do?

SL: The only logical thing to do. He pulled down his pants.

SM: Oh, no! What happened then?

SL: Isn't it logical, Sister?

A nun with her dress up can run faster than man with his pants down.

cairnlae
05-20-2008, 09:49 PM
so true.....................so true.:cool:

kylieluvsart
05-21-2008, 07:23 AM
Hi poodle pup kylie here I'm from Victoria Australia. HELLO!

Jean
05-21-2008, 01:05 PM
Poodle Pup, you're in...but keep your US stamps as I'm in Canada! ;)

dolores4fun
05-21-2008, 11:47 PM
This sounds like a lot of fun, please sign me up.

Jean
05-22-2008, 11:10 AM
dolores4fun, I need to know your location...please fill in your profile! (PoodlePup, please do so, too!)

TherapyArtist
05-23-2008, 08:30 PM
I finished my nuns. They are in my gallery. Will be posting them tomorrow. What fun they were.

PaperScraps
05-23-2008, 09:54 PM
May I join? :)

Jean
05-23-2008, 10:12 PM
Hooray, TherapyArtist! I'll be keeping the kneelers warm for them! ;)

PaperScraps, welcome! I'll add your name to the list!

Jean
05-25-2008, 12:37 PM
Sr. Mary Margerine was very displeased when, one bright spring morning, four of her students came in after lunch to explain that they had missed biology class that morning because the car had gotten a flat tire as they drove to school.

She smiled anyway, though, and told them that she would allow them to take their makeup quiz right then and there. She seated them spaced out in a row and had them take out paper and pencil.

When they were ready, she began the quiz. "Question Number One," she said. "Which tire was flat?"

nanner
05-25-2008, 07:21 PM
THAT is a good one!

Besides traditional hymns...some of the nuns' favorite songs:

Chicago's "Hard Habit to Break"

nanner
05-25-2008, 07:23 PM
Night Ranger's "Sister Christian" (when they're in more of a metal mood.)

Jean
05-25-2008, 10:32 PM
Call Me (the old Blondie tune)

nanner
05-26-2008, 10:28 AM
Frequent flyer on the iPod....Bryan Adams' "Heaven", of course.

Jean
05-26-2008, 10:29 AM
"Angel"

nanner
05-26-2008, 10:36 AM
Favorite album...Zepp's "Houses of the Holy".

Jean
05-26-2008, 10:49 AM
Tell me on Sunday (Brightman)

cairnlae
05-26-2008, 12:25 PM
EVERYBODY knows that nuns are huge fans of Sarah Mclachlan....with songs like "Sweet Surender", "Angel", "Full of Grace", "Witness", "Mary", "The Path of Thorns", "Fumbling Towards Ecstasy" and of course "Dirty Little Secret"...:rolleyes:

nanner
05-26-2008, 12:35 PM
and of course "Dirty Little Secret"...:rolleyes:

Good one. That is actually on Nanner's nun's top 10 playlist.

Jean
05-29-2008, 08:30 PM
How are the nuns coming, all? There's lots of time left...

Note that I give iTrader when the cards are received. I'll also try something different and scan in cards that aren't already in the thread or artists' galleries so we can all see the art that comes in. I'll work on that tomorrow...

nanner
05-29-2008, 11:28 PM
A few more sisters are just about ready to leave for the Canadian convent. (I need to pat them down better this time before they head out!)

Will scan and post beforehand.

Looking forward to seeing who's already gathered up with our hostess with the mostess!

stitchwunderkind
05-30-2008, 04:34 PM
:swoon: Greetings, Jean -

I have to join this swap -when I graduated high school in 1972, Sr. James Anita asked me if I would like to "work in black & white?".......As a child, my great-aunt, Sr. Wilhelmina used to joke about her short stature: "I make a great penguin"; when around family, she was "Willy" to her siblings (my Nana - Theresa/ "Teddy" & great-aunt Josephine/"Joe")
S'il vous plait, sign me up!

Jean
05-30-2008, 07:48 PM
Oooh, Stitchy, you are in!!

Jean
05-30-2008, 07:50 PM
Show and Tell time! Elena, Kylieluvsart, Neca84!

Jean
05-30-2008, 07:52 PM
Nuttynanner, Pennyquilter, Pennyquilter!

Jean
05-30-2008, 07:53 PM
Therapy Artist, Tutu 1 and Tutu2!

Jean
05-30-2008, 07:54 PM
Have I missed anyone?

The gals are a riot come recreation each evening. Those young nuns get a bit boisterous and keep waking Mo. Teresa, lol.

(I'm still looking at the ladies, and thinking, wow, this is the coolest swap I have EVER hosted! Thanks, y'all - these are sooo much fun!)

nanner
05-30-2008, 10:20 PM
Have I missed anyone?

Uh...yeah!

The HOST mum's???

Merricat
05-30-2008, 10:25 PM
Yay! Mine are done! They should be out in the mail on Monday! Here my last 2:

Jean
05-30-2008, 11:19 PM
Uh...yeah!

The HOST mum's???

*blush* I haven't started yet....*ducking*

Jean
05-30-2008, 11:20 PM
Hey, MC, isn't that Sr. Mary Zettiana and Sr. Maria Zettietti? *g*

PaperScraps
05-31-2008, 09:06 PM
My nuns are ready.

Jean
05-31-2008, 09:28 PM
Oh, how beautiful,Paperscraps. Can't wait to see 'em in the hand!
*wondering how they'll get along with the rowdy nuns having a food fight in the kitchen*

Merricat
05-31-2008, 09:57 PM
Paperscraps - great cards!!!!

Jean - why yes they are - how ever did you know?:)

Jean
05-31-2008, 10:15 PM
They were my teachers in high school, lol. Lots of our nuns were dotty...or we made them that way! LOL

dotist
06-02-2008, 01:41 AM
I'm in the process of discernment to become an Associate of the Sisterhood of Saint John the Divine (SSJD) and Anglican order here in Canada, so I'm interested in this project. The mother house for the SSJD is in Toronto, but there is currently a branch house here in Victoria which is presently my connection to this loving community.:cute:

Jean
06-02-2008, 10:47 AM
I know the Sisters and have been to their former motherhouse in TO. The chapel was gorgeous - fabulous carved statues. Blessings to you!

nanner
06-02-2008, 09:23 PM
Hello dotist! Hope you'll join us for this swap. Happy journey to you!

Hostess Jean, a few more sisters are packed and ready to head your way. This is Sister Kay...

nanner
06-02-2008, 09:26 PM
...and what nun swap would be complete without a Singing Sister?

Jean
06-02-2008, 10:48 PM
Oh, they're lovely, Nanner! Can't wait to see 'em!

nanner
06-03-2008, 01:19 PM
Ready or not, here they come...sisters in transit.

Hopefully they won't give you as much trouble as the last ones, Jean!

Jean
06-03-2008, 02:53 PM
Not a problem, Nanner. I put in a billiard room for them and that's been keeping them busy...

IrishRose
06-04-2008, 09:07 PM
Hello Miss Jean,

My nuns left the depot today, on their way to you!

IrishRose
06-04-2008, 09:27 PM
This website is just so buggy for me. Jean, I wanted to send you a PM but can't seem to be able to access that so then decided to just edit my post above to add a small message and I can't do that either. Frustrating stuff! :arghh:

Anyway...Jean, when you receive my envelope, check inside my return envie and you will find a little "sumpin" in there for you for postage reimbursement. I just don't want you to overlook it!

Jean
06-05-2008, 09:45 AM
Thanks, Irish Rose - much appreciated! Can't wait to see the sisters! ;) I am hoping to start on my nuns this weekend...

Jean
06-08-2008, 09:28 PM
June 10 is the last day to sign up...if you are planning to withdraw, please let me know asap....

Jean
06-09-2008, 06:37 PM
Great cards today! Thanks, Paperscraps, for the postage and the extra card! And thank you, Poodlepup, for the extra paper bits!

Jean
06-11-2008, 06:29 PM
Whoohoo! Cards from Irish Rose and Nanner! Yippee! What great cards, ladies. :D

katilady
06-12-2008, 12:07 AM
I finished a 3rd! 'Unveiled Passion':
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/file.php?n=18179&w=l
It kinda got cut off by the scanner so don't mind it's crookedness!

nanner
06-12-2008, 12:23 AM
Lovely nun...however sans nails. Almost looks like her alter-ego above.

Hey, get it...ALTER ego.

Late night puns.

katilady
06-12-2008, 12:28 AM
LOL! There IS a nun with nails, I promise. She just doesn't scan well, and I have been lazy about photographing her, lol!

Jean
06-12-2008, 02:02 PM
Great nun, Kati! Love her! I keep intending to start nuns but have a few other swaps that are due sooner...

katilady
06-12-2008, 03:25 PM
Thanks Jean. I think I have finished my last card but i am not sure. I am at work, so i will post it when I get home.

nanner
06-13-2008, 03:47 PM
I keep intending to start nuns but have a few other swaps that are due sooner...

Hmm...oh, HOSTESS? Seems there's quite a bit of "do as I say not as I do"...or "DON'T do" for that matter.

Now here's where you try to blame that first batch of Nanner nuns for taking up your time, right? Or maybe the collage-a-thon?

I have a secret agent nun keeping an eye on you. Her reports of the goings-on over there have been...interesting.

This message will self destruct in 5 minutes...

cairnlae
06-13-2008, 04:04 PM
Hey, get it...ALTER ego.

Late night puns.

:rolleyes::nah:

ScramperSue
06-19-2008, 05:19 PM
here are my first 2...:D

"Sister Merry-Happy" (Digitally manipulated image of a real nun, smoking a real bong)and "That Ain't Tea in Her cup" (collage and rubber stamping/embossing---I may add something to the blue corner)

PS...the nun smoking the bong HAS NAILS check out the hand with the lighter ;)

nanner
06-19-2008, 07:29 PM
Ummm....I'd like to have Nanner's nuns officially taken off the watch list now that Sue's are in the holy house!

katilady
06-19-2008, 08:06 PM
LOVE your nun's Sue!

Jean
06-19-2008, 09:32 PM
Sue! Are you going for shock and awe? ;) LOL I think your nuns are having a lot more fun than the crowd here and for sure a lot more fun than I ever had when I was living in the convent!

ScramperSue
06-19-2008, 09:52 PM
I just wanted to put a little twist on things, no offense meant...light-hearted fun is all :)

katilady
06-19-2008, 11:56 PM
My ladies head north tomorrow!

Jean
06-20-2008, 10:08 AM
Sue, hon, I was teasing....shock and awe at nuns drinking and smoking, lol. I hope your feelings weren't hurt - so not my intention.

IN any event, not a problem. Funny nuns in, funny nuns out. Brides of Christ in, brides of Christ out, lol. That way, the folks who want the holy nuns will get 'em and the folks who like nuns sipping martinis will get them. ;) It's allllll good.

ScramperSue
06-20-2008, 11:45 AM
Great! :) I just liked making funny nuns :) I'll be finishing tht others VERY soon BWAAHAHAHA:P:jiggy::twitcy::eek:

Jean
06-20-2008, 01:00 PM
I am all excited here. We noticed a little depression in the flowerbed, something had been digging. Today we found out what: a bunny rabbit!!!!!!!!!!! *happy dancing* I hope it has babies! I'm sending for carrots...lolol.

nanner
06-20-2008, 02:10 PM
Not much cuter in this world than BABY BUNNIES!

ScramperSue
06-21-2008, 11:18 AM
here's another :D

"Red Alert"

nanner
06-21-2008, 11:34 AM
That nun looks like Benny Hill.

More like Beany Hill...oh, more puns. Somebody STOP me. No, REALLY. Stop me.

ScramperSue
06-21-2008, 03:12 PM
the tea cup nun, the red alert nun and another nun ( coming soon) are all from the same photo of some play... the tea cup nun is the only real female :) red alert and the (coming soon) other nun are both being played by men...but i have no idea what the play is, LOL!!

and WE LOVE BENNY HILL!

ScramperSue
06-21-2008, 03:13 PM
by the way NN, does that mean you like "Red Alert"??? LOL

Jean
06-21-2008, 04:07 PM
Sue, Sue, Sue.... you are definitely on a roll! :swoon:

ScramperSue
06-21-2008, 06:48 PM
ok and the other "man-nun" from the play:jiggy:....

"hypnotize"

Jean
06-21-2008, 07:04 PM
Sue, Sue, Sue.... you are definitely on a roll! :swoon:

And when I say 'roll', I mean rollercoaster straight to h-e-double hockey sticks! *g*

ScramperSue
06-21-2008, 07:25 PM
yea well, what can I say ;)

here is the one Ron (the hubster semi designed...I found the picture...he came up with the phrase)...the nuns are actually smiling in this picture, and yes they are actual nuns :)

"Gave Last Week"

Jean
06-21-2008, 07:36 PM
:swoon:

TherapyArtist
06-21-2008, 07:58 PM
roglmao. I love Gave Last Week. I love all of them. I'm a Catholic girl and I'm not a bit offended. All the nuns I knew were cool in one way or another...even if it was in a 'brass knuckles' kind of way. I'll be glad to take funny nuns!

I've been away from the thread - Has anyone mentioned the musical Nunsense? I would imagine you could get a ton of pics from there.

ScramperSue
06-21-2008, 08:18 PM
oh Mary, I wonder if that is the play that the picture of the 3 nuns (teacup, red alert, and hypnotise) were on stage from.

TherapyArtist
06-21-2008, 09:02 PM
I wanted to see that so bad...but, once again, the stupid money issue. Also wish I could have seen Avenue Q and Menopause: The Musical.

ScramperSue
06-21-2008, 10:20 PM
I want to see Phantom again from better seats with my husband this time...I saw it before but I was 1 row from the roof! I was in College and it was a "sorority run trip, I knew one of the members :)

I also want to see SPAMalot :D

The last broadway play I saw was Beauty n the beast with my youngest daughter on a GS trip, I think it was in 1999 or 2000.

ScramperSue
06-21-2008, 10:26 PM
ok, here's my last funny nun! :jiggy: Now to start on some chaste and graceful nuns for Jean!;)

"Prima"

Jean
06-21-2008, 11:43 PM
*wiping brow* Thank you, Sue!!! LOL

Yes, I saw Nunsense years ago when I was in Dallas in grad school. My sponsor took me with her and her son to see it - it was hilarious. I understand there are several Nunsense plays but I only saw the first.

Jean
06-21-2008, 11:44 PM
And the first post has a link that will take you to many nun images that you can copy or use for reference...

katilady
06-23-2008, 08:55 PM
OK, I lied. My cards officially went postal today along with jean's CAT card! Jean, I know you are worrying about sending out CAT cards, just send mine back with the returns for this swap!

Jean
06-24-2008, 12:00 AM
Pooh, I was looking at the July calendar when I added this swap...thanks, Polar! And thanks, Katilady, I will! ;)

ScramperSue
06-24-2008, 12:03 AM
I'm doing the same...mailing the CAT card with my sisters!

ScramperSue
06-24-2008, 12:04 AM
BTW Jean, would you like a peek at the nuns I've made for you, or do you want them to be a surprise??

Jean
06-24-2008, 12:10 AM
*g* Ummmm, do I? ROFL Sure, Sue! I peek at Christmas, too, lol.

katilady
06-24-2008, 12:11 AM
I wanna see too!

Jean
06-24-2008, 12:21 AM
*passing round popcorn* C'mon, Sue!!!! We wanna see! Hey, who nipped my RC Cola???

ScramperSue
06-26-2008, 02:53 AM
TADA!!!! 2 sisters for Jean...actually there are 4 ;)

Jean
06-26-2008, 12:57 PM
Oh, Sue......I got chills when I saw them. Just gorgeous!!!!! *snif* Brava, Sue!

Jean
06-26-2008, 12:58 PM
*expletives deleted* OMIGOSH, I just realized that with my puter down (I'm on the laptop) I dont' have access to my pictures online! My nuns that I was gonna collage are there! :swoon:

Back to the drawing board...

nanner
06-26-2008, 01:42 PM
Suspiciously sounding like 'nuther excuse to put off the Host Mum Nuns?

Hmmm....?

cairnlae
06-26-2008, 05:19 PM
*expletives deleted* OMIGOSH, I just realized that with my puter down (I'm on the laptop) I dont' have access to my pictures online! My nuns that I was gonna collage are there! :swoon:

Back to the drawing board...

If there's ANY way to power the computer on, you could use a zip drive to get the files and transfer them to your laptop!

Jean
06-26-2008, 06:54 PM
The computer says it's sorry but can't start, so choose a way to begin - safe mode, last successful start settings, etc. Doesn't matter if you choose or what you choose, the screen has a timer at the bottom and after x seconds tries to start in the last successful setting, which it can't. It just looped and looped like this and nothing worked, so when I get ahead a bit, I'll get the puter guy to look at it.

And by the way, Miss Nutty Nunner, I heard that! :skeptical:

I'll draw some nuns tonight and see if the printer/scanner will work with the laptop.

cairnlae
06-26-2008, 07:01 PM
yup...you're gonna have to get a comp nerd to fix that. Sounds like a vaguely familiar problem(maybe a virus) but can't remember how I fixed it...prob called my comp nerd ex boyfriend who's a good friend now!!!

katilady
06-26-2008, 07:05 PM
prob called my comp nerd ex boyfriend who's a good friend now!!!
I have one of those! They are so handy! :D

nanner
06-26-2008, 07:27 PM
I married the comp nerd...so I just use "wife guilt" to achieve comp happiness.

Wanna borrow KZ, Jean? He's a stellar troubleshooter (in fact he's over setting up someone's network now...)

Jean
06-29-2008, 03:45 PM
I'm crossing imy fingers on the puter/scanner...sometimes I get lucky! ;)

Just a head's up, all....nuns due to me in Canada July 22...

TherapyArtist
06-29-2008, 10:14 PM
How'd the puter problem work out. It sounds familiar to me too. Was a virus. Gave me an excuse to update the hardware!

Jean
06-29-2008, 10:37 PM
I'll get it looked at when I get ahead a bit. For now I'm on the laptop. Grr. :skeptical:

dolores4fun
07-05-2008, 09:39 PM
Here's my first nun, Sister Margaret. :cute:

nanner
07-06-2008, 12:59 AM
S. Margaret is lovely. I think I know that hymn!