PDA

View Full Version : WANTED ~ 4th Annual ARTzona Artist Retreat ~ Feb. 26 thru Mar. 1

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

HotMamaRama
08-03-2014, 07:20 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/4872/1_WANTED_POSTER.jpg

The 2015 ARTzona™ Artist Retreat
Registration is now
OPEN TO ALL!!!

You know you love it! You know you want it! And I aim to please!

All the information you need is conveniently located at our New & Improved Official
ARTzona website (http://www.artzonausa.com/#!artist-retreat/co42)!

Reminder - We NOW have to limit the number of guests to 60 people. So if you've been thinking about coming, but haven't registered, then you may want to register before we fill up.

You can now make your hotel room reservations using the direct link (http://www.artzonausa.com/#!artist-retreat/co42) on the website.

Below is a starter list of what is commonly traded at ARTzona:
ATCs
Arches
Moo's
Chunky pages
Postcards
Inchies
Art dolls
Bookmarks
Hearts for jars
Charms

Additional Art For Trade:
Two Sleeve Art dolls
Funky Fish

Sugar Skull Wooden Plaques:
Trina
Christine

ARTzona's Most Wanted
1. Trina Jackson (HotMamaRama)
2. Theresa Padberg (Theresagram)
3. Jennie Wallick (Jennie)
4. Sherrie Moore (BigToeStudio)
5. Beth Kingery (RedHeartStudio)
6. Esta Berman-Price (Laffqueen)
7. Rebecca Goodwin (Rebecca G)
8. Margaret Roche (Water Blossom)
9. Rhonda Anderson (Rapa)
10. Nan Galambos - D'Alessio (Nanners)
11. Jenn Turner (California Girl Extraordinaire)
12. Dina Haskins (The Dina)
13. Christine Hendry (Rogue Gal)
14. Ranie Patridis (Chatty)
15. Andrea Pound (Lost Cities)
16. Mellanie Collins (Genxster)
17. Lisa Kastello (lkastello - The artist formerly known as AWESOMESAUCE)
18. Tracy Anderson (Tandy)
19. Nancy Pelfrey (Dragonstarr)
20. Jackie Coyle (Jazzie)
21. Bonnie Tincup (Pochadiva)
22. Cynthia Sillitoe (CynthiaSillitoe)
23. Helene Laverdiere-Bushey (Helene)
24. Nancy Burdge (NancyJB)
25. Barbara Solomon (Nancy JB's Friend)
26. Cheryl Ann (Joyflower)
27. Linda Giese (Lindagiese)
28. Amy Weaver (Theweavershand)
29. Tami Cowhard (Angelmuz)
30. Teresa Hall (Kentuckydakota)
31. Beth Blakesley (Beth)
32. Patricia Schafer (pschafe1)
33. Mary Ann Tantalo (Sister of Pschafe1)
34. Cynthia Huettner (Gordianot)
35. Renu Whiteside (Midnitecreations)
36. Meg Murray (MissMeg)
37. Angie Miller (Anginak)
38. Anita Mistry (Itsamistry)
39. Mary Alicea (Malicea10)
40. Teresa Centofante (Friki Tiki Girl)
41. Dawn Livera (MistiKo)

Roomies:
1. Dina & Lost Cities
2. Dragonstarr, Tandy & Renu
3. Cynthia Sillitoe
4. Rapa, Helene, Genexster, & BigToeStudio
5. LKastello & Malicea10
6. Nanners & Joyflower
7. Nancy JB & Barbara
8. Jenn, Trina & Teresa
9. Rogue Gal & Theweavershand & Mistiko
10. Chatty & Jazzie & Pochadiva
11. KentuckyDakota & Angelmuz
12. Pschafe1 & Mary Ann
13. Laffqueen & RebbecaG
14. MissMeg

cairnlae
08-03-2014, 08:57 PM
put me on the dayum list ya pesky sidewindin' varmit or suffer the consequences(sidespit).

Theresagram
08-03-2014, 09:29 PM
Woohooo!

HotMamaRama
08-04-2014, 11:01 AM
put me on the dayum list ya pesky sidewindin' varmit or suffer the consequences(sidespit).

LMAO!! This totally just made my day!!!! The best first post to a thread EVER! :biglaugh:

chatty
08-04-2014, 11:47 AM
..giggle.. I'm coming...need to recoup from AFA - N.C. then I'll register ..giggle..

gordianot
08-04-2014, 12:19 PM
I must go this year, but will have to wait for my first paycheck to register! Looking forward to seeing everyone. I will also be better prepared!

HotMamaRama
08-04-2014, 12:33 PM
Hi Ranie and Cynthia! Of course you both are coming!!! Not even up for debate! :wub:

Theresagram
08-04-2014, 02:32 PM
Um, I'll be there too. :biglaugh:

wildholly
08-04-2014, 03:12 PM
Going to try really hard to get to this Trina...trying to round up some friends to carpool
from Southern Oregon. That would be extra great.

Theresagram
08-04-2014, 03:20 PM
Holly, you've GOT to make it!!!! We missed yooooouuuuu!!!

rapa
08-04-2014, 05:26 PM
I wouldn't miss this - sign me up! :)

AnitaM
08-04-2014, 05:27 PM
I've been checking flight prices - will have a better idea in the next couple of weeks :)

wildholly
08-04-2014, 06:27 PM
I missed you too - all of you....
I'll check out flights from here too.

nanner
08-04-2014, 06:57 PM
FABULOCITY: Population us!

Get me on that list, pronto please. Add our girls Jenn and Janine, too por favor! :jiggy:

lindagiese
08-04-2014, 07:26 PM
Is it limited to 20??? gotta try this one out, but gotta check w/ my pal Jan and see...

Theresagram
08-04-2014, 09:00 PM
Lindagiese, it is NOT limited to 20! There will be PLENTY of room!!! :D

RedHeartStudio
08-04-2014, 10:00 PM
Woot woot....let the shenanigans begin!!!!!! ;)

Rogue Gal
08-05-2014, 04:11 AM
I wouldn't miss it! Is there a registration link on the website? I don't see it - or maybe it's just not showing up on my Kindle.

dina54
08-05-2014, 08:59 AM
I will be attending! Can I pay registration fee when I get back from my vacation? (get back on 8/22)

HotMamaRama
08-05-2014, 11:50 AM
Um, I'll be there too. :biglaugh:

Well Doh sunshine - you're second on the list! ARTzona is required for you my love! :wub:

Theresagram
08-05-2014, 11:57 AM
Well Doh sunshine - you're second on the list! ARTzona is required for you my love! :wub:

Mandatory attendance, huh? :biglaugh:

HotMamaRama
08-05-2014, 12:01 PM
Going to try really hard to get to this Trina...trying to round up some friends to carpool
from Southern Oregon. That would be extra great.

Oh Hollyhock I've missed you so!!! I'm crossing all my fingers and toes, and throwing positive vibes out into the universe for you to be able to come again!!!!

I wouldn't miss this - sign me up! :)

You got it tootsie pop! And I'm looking forward to the shenanigans with you and Helene! Now that I know you've got the good spirits in your room. ;)

I've been checking flight prices - will have a better idea in the next couple of weeks :)

Yay!!! Jumping for joy! I look forward to our forbidden photo op with Theresa. LOL ;)

FABULOCITY: Population us!

Get me on that list, pronto please. Add our girls Jenn and Janine, too por favor! :jiggy:

The population of FABULOCITY just got a little more fabulous!!!! I do love seeing all my California Girls!

I wouldn't miss it! Is there a registration link on the website? I don't see it - or maybe it's just not showing up on my Kindle.
Yes my dearest - the registration form link is on the registration page, but here is a direct registration link for you. https://artzona.wufoo.com/forms/q1mz9n4h0w19o7u/

I will be attending! Can I pay registration fee when I get back from my vacation? (get back on 8/22)

You betcha Darlin' Dina. I know you're good for it!

HotMamaRama
08-05-2014, 12:02 PM
Mandatory attendance, huh? :biglaugh:

YES - don't even question it. :policeman: In fact, I wish I could make it mandatory for ALL previous attendees!!

Lost Cities
08-05-2014, 08:25 PM
Registered! (And for once I am not nearly last on the list!)

HotMamaRama
08-05-2014, 10:20 PM
Yay!! Andrea in the HOUSE!!!! WELCOME BACK FOR ROUND 2 DEAREST!

Rogue Gal
08-06-2014, 12:41 AM
Woo-hoo! I'm registered, and oh so excited! Thanks for the link, Sweetness - I wasn't seeing the registration page on my little Kindle, but it showed up just fine on my laptop.

Genxster
08-07-2014, 02:41 AM
I'm registered. I'll figure out how to get there later. :)

HotMamaRama
08-07-2014, 01:44 PM
Yay!!! :jiggy: Doing my happy dance!!! :jiggy: Saw that you both got registered this morning! Mell - If you're up for a road trip, I bet you and Wildholly would have a ton of fun hitting the road together. :) Just an idea..... As long as you all just get here... :)

Sharazoid
08-07-2014, 09:07 PM
Need to work it out, but... I am really, really hoping to be ther with y'all.

Tandy
08-07-2014, 11:21 PM
Just registered, but forgot to put my AFA user name in the notes...so Tracy Anderson is me. :)

HotMamaRama
08-08-2014, 09:05 AM
Yay Tandy!!!! So thrilled that you'll be joining us this time!!!

DRAGONSTARR
08-09-2014, 12:36 AM
I'm definitely in this time! Put me on the list! Hubby knows he has to be back from Guam this time, no excuses! :D HMR I pm'd you - twice unfortunately...ignore the first one :)
Yay...I can't wait to see everyone again!

PS: I'm looking for a roomie :D (I'm planning on being there from Tuesday,2/24 LEAVING Tuesday 3/3. I'm going to go ahead and get the room reservation for 2 doubles, so that means I can have 3 roomies :D)
P'm me and let me know if you want to be a roomie.

**note: I was only able to book for the actual dates of the event....I am going to try calling the sales dept to see if they would extend the conference price to the 2 days before and the 2 days after the event on Monday.

HotMamaRama
08-09-2014, 09:43 AM
Nancy - ask for Rob Perez and he should be able to secure your room at the group rate for the extended days. So glad you'll be back. And tell that hubby of yours he better move mountains to make sure he's back in time this time around!

art_junkie
08-10-2014, 10:19 AM
woo-hoo me too!

HotMamaRama
08-11-2014, 04:20 PM
WoOt WOoT! Kay, Bonnie, and Ruth are back in the ARTzona saddle!!! Makes this mama a happy girl!!!

Purple pencil
08-11-2014, 10:34 PM
In want to come.... I'm in Colorado, shouldn't be too expensive to fly. Had to buy a new stove and figure out how to pay for Hawaii in Oct, going to LA for business in Oct (work for myself, my money pays). Soooo can't bring up one more expense with the husband right now! I'll hit him with it as a Christmas gift LOL!

jazzie
08-13-2014, 07:53 PM
It's Not Easy Being Green...

HotMamaRama
08-13-2014, 09:29 PM
Melissa - I think an early Christmas present is a most excellent idea!!! I can't imagine flights being too terrible for such a short hop over the hills. And there's always the Mesa Gateway airport, that flies in and out of random places. Not sure what they charge on Allegiance but you might find a cheap fight by going that route.

Jennie
08-14-2014, 12:26 AM
somehow I forgot to show up for this thread and I'm on the list too. Can't wait until February for all the special stuff HMR has planned.

nanner
08-15-2014, 02:53 PM
I LOVE having this to look forward to! :jiggy:

cairnlae
08-15-2014, 03:14 PM
It will be fun to see some faces I just saw in Rochester...glad Ruth(art_junkie) is going to be there...I didn't get to spend enough time with her...she had to skedaddle off almost as quickly as she got there.

Also, seeking roommate. Preferably someone who likes sleeping closest to the air conditioner (or I can just bring a sweatshirt)and doesn't snore like a freight train( snoring like a small hand held battery charged garden trimmer, however, is acceptable).

Theresagram
08-15-2014, 06:21 PM
somehow I forgot to show up for this thread and I'm on the list too. Can't wait until February for all the special stuff HMR has planned.

Jennie...you're late! :policeman:

This ARTzona is going to be awesomer than ever!!! :jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

Jennie
08-15-2014, 09:22 PM
Jennie...you're late! :policeman:

I know you guys didn't wait for me to get with the program

tascarini
08-16-2014, 04:57 PM
lurking... maybe If I can get time off from work

HotMamaRama
08-17-2014, 01:27 PM
Tascarini - The more the merrier!! I can almost guarantee you would have a great time! We always do!

Jennie
08-17-2014, 02:57 PM
Always fun and room for more this year and the best winter weather anywhere. February is postcard weather.

dina54
08-21-2014, 07:50 AM
Just got back from 2 weeks on the road. I will register/pay later today or tomorrow , K?
BTW, Andrea (LostCities) and I will be rooming together again.

HotMamaRama
08-21-2014, 12:01 PM
I was wondering when you were getting home Dina dearest! I enjoyed seeing your biker pics on FB, looks like a great road trip - minus a little rain. Glad you're back home safe and sound. I will mark you and Andrea as roomies once again.

HotMamaRama
08-21-2014, 12:07 PM
Oh my gosh - I just realized Helene & Lilbad aren't here yet??? Where are those two? They've never missed an ARTzona!!!:policeman:

dina54
08-21-2014, 02:23 PM
I just registered so I am now "bona fide" :)

Jennie
08-21-2014, 04:33 PM
Well we can't have them missing this extravaganza that is ARTzona 4.

CynthiaSillitoe
08-25-2014, 02:37 PM
I'll be registering for this later today. I'm kind of confused as on the blog it looks like wi-fi is available for an additional fee, and on the hotel blog, it looks like it should be free. I guess I'll call them this week and see what they say.

CynthiaSillitoe
08-25-2014, 03:38 PM
Ok, registered. I'll call the hotel later this week.

HotMamaRama
08-25-2014, 04:59 PM
Cynthia - I was told by Rob that the wifi cost extra, but if the Marriot website says it's included then it probably is. But you may want to ask when you make your room reservation just to be certain.

Jennie
08-25-2014, 09:17 PM
Cynthia is coming!!!

midnitecreations
08-25-2014, 09:19 PM
I will be there! Hubby didn't even question the dates. So excited

HotMamaRama
08-25-2014, 09:34 PM
I will be there! Hubby didn't even question the dates. So excited

This gives me a warm fuzzy tingly feeling all over!! :wub: So glad you are coming again!!

CynthiaSillitoe
08-27-2014, 12:29 PM
I called the Marriott. Wi-fi is free in the lobby and $12.95 per day in rooms.

Rogue Gal
08-27-2014, 01:37 PM
Good to know - thanks for the info, Cynthia!

Helene
08-27-2014, 11:56 PM
I called the Marriott. Wi-fi is free in the lobby and $12.95 per day in rooms.

How big is the lobby????????

Big enough for all of us and our devices????
It might be the gathering place for pajama clad artists on their digital stop before bed!!!

Jennie
08-28-2014, 12:33 AM
Ok I wonder how they do that, I mean if you're next door from Starbucks you can use they're wifi. So one here must be far more computer literate than I am to know how they block it, and what would happen if the room next door had it?

Every hotel hubby or I have stayed at it's always be free. Wifi is the equivalent to color tv in the 70s, hot tubs in the 80s, and cable in the 90s. They were a way to bring in patrons not nickle and dime them.

DRAGONSTARR
08-28-2014, 03:41 AM
I just thought I would throw this out there again. Does anyone want to be my roomie? I do snore -I bring softie earplugs for my roomies. I don't bite. I have references :D I will be there from the Tuesday before and leaving the next Tuesday. I've already got a room with two doubles.

HotMamaRama
08-28-2014, 09:33 AM
Helene - I like that idea a lot! We can do it to make a statement that if they don't want a bunch of crazy artists in their PJ's loitering around their lobby with their tech devices, then they darn well should offer free wi-fi!!

When Rob told me that they don't offer free wifi I was quite surprised. I agree with Jennie, in today's world it should be included in the room cost. I thought it was a bit stupid on their part. That said, they do offer a FREE shuttle to and from the airport. Which I figured was more valuable and desired for many ARTzona guests. So when I had to weigh out the difference, the FREE airport shuttle won out.

I should mention though, that Rod and I did put in the contract that ARTzona guests are supposed to get a discounted wifi connection at the rate of $10.00 that they can use in the main art room as well.

Jennie - Many hotels have their wifi password protected, so even if you get a strong signal, you have to know the password to get on it and use.

Dragonstarr - you can totally use me as a reference for your roomie search! I can attest that you are a GREAT roomie, and though the snoring can be somewhat entertaining to listen to, the ear plugs do the trick. :)

Helene
08-28-2014, 10:56 AM
ok....I found my way....where's Lilbad?????

CynthiaSillitoe
08-28-2014, 12:40 PM
Apparently, a lot of hotels are moving this way as far as wi-fi. For me, it's worth it because then if I have to check on something in the middle of the night, I don't have to walk down to the lobby....although a jammies party might be fun. :)

And, HMR, the free airport shuttle does matter more to me and offsets it.

Jennie
08-28-2014, 01:09 PM
Jennie - Many hotels have their wifi password protected, so even if you get a strong signal, you have to know the password to get on it and use.

Never though of this:huh: what a novel thought we will let them see how wonderful it is and then keep it just out of their reach

although a jammies party might be fun. :)

I wonder if anyone sleeps nude they probably would want to refrain from the jammie party in the hotel lobby.....Wait that might get them to give all of us free wifi, threaten them with my body

rapa
08-28-2014, 01:20 PM
Ummm, maybe a stupid question, but if we "borrowed" someone's password, will the hotel know?

jazzie
08-28-2014, 01:29 PM
I think I might be the only one that doesn't care if there's WiFi at all - the whole point of a getaway is to get away...

nanner
08-28-2014, 01:46 PM
Ummm, maybe a stupid question, but if we "borrowed" someone's password, will the hotel know?

True that! In ARTchester, some of us got free wifi in the rooms and some didn't. Who knows why, but those that had access just shared the password. And like Jazz says, most time is spent out and about anyway.

The jammie party sounds fun regardless! :biglaugh:

CynthiaSillitoe
08-28-2014, 02:02 PM

They can probably track how many people are using it. We wouldn't want to get banned in the future....no soup for us!

I think I might be the only one that doesn't care if there's WiFi at all - the whole point of a getaway is to get away...

I wish I were like you, but....I don't do well without internet access. I'd rather go without chocolate and I love chocolate.

I didn't ask a lot of questions because it sounded like the woman at the desk was trying to deal with about six other things, but I wanted to solve the mystery. I knew HMR would have asked and gotten the right answer, but then the web page said something else, and then I started looking at the web page and some places it says free wi-fi and others it says for an additional charge....and I was thinking how can it be both? But it is both free and for an additional charge. :goofy:

dina54
08-28-2014, 02:54 PM
The password is allowed for however many people are in the room. I know this as my B-I-L tried to use our password on our recent vacation and got a "maximum number of allowed reached" message.

Jennie
08-28-2014, 04:27 PM
Interesting Dina.

Well if you have a smart phone you always have the internet in your purse. Last week when Hubby was out of town we used face time which was really nice to see a face and not just hear his voice

Theresagram
08-29-2014, 12:29 AM
When we drove to Indy in June, Hubs told me if we made one of our smart phones a 'hotspot' we could get a connection anywhere. Maybe some of you can look into that. Ask your provider. :D :D :D

Tandy
08-29-2014, 02:00 AM
I just thought I would throw this out there again. Does anyone want to be my roomie? I do snore -I bring softie earplugs for my roomies. I don't bite. I have references :D I will be there from the Tuesday before and leaving the next Tuesday. I've already got a room with two doubles.

I would like to have a roomie to cut down on the cost. I haven't reserved a room yet and I sleep pretty sound. :) This will be my first year going. I haven't stayed with any AFAers so I don't know that I have a reference, but I have met Helene, Rapa, Pochadiva, Jazzie and a few others in the San Diego gang. Maybe they could vouch for me. Anyway, if you are interested go ahead and PM me.

Tandy
08-29-2014, 02:01 AM
When we drove to Indy in June, Hubs told me if we made one of our smart phones a 'hotspot' we could get a connection anywhere. Maybe some of you can look into that. Ask your provider. :D :D :D

With Verizon it costs $20 a month, but you can cancel anytime. I've used it before for trips and such.

Helene
08-29-2014, 12:28 PM
....but I have met Helene, Rapa, Pochadiva, Jazzie and a few others in the San Diego gang. Maybe they could vouch for me...

Yeah...I guess we'll vouch for her! LOL

Warning: you never know what color will appear in her hair!!!!

rapa
08-29-2014, 03:40 PM
She does art, she drinks wine - and she's very knowledgeable about a lot of things! I think you have a great roomie! ;)

HotMamaRama
08-30-2014, 11:52 AM
Tandy sounds like the perfect roommate to me! :D

I will warn you though Tandy, Nancy is a light weight when it comes to her booze, but she's a LOT of fun and giggly when she's tipsy. LOL

Tandy
08-30-2014, 07:55 PM
Ha ha. No worries. :)

mlydon
08-30-2014, 08:20 PM
I'm officially attempting to be there - so lurking!

HotMamaRama
08-30-2014, 09:16 PM
Well we hope you officially come to see us!

DRAGONSTARR
08-31-2014, 01:04 AM
With Verizon it costs $20 a month, but you can cancel anytime. I've used it before for trips and such.
Hi Tandy,

I would love to have you for my roomie! I already have the room reservation, so I will put you on the name list for the room -I'm at work now, so I will pm you later when I get home and confirm before I do so(since I can't download firefox on the work computer - to pm). :D
YAY!

Tandy
08-31-2014, 01:12 AM
Yay! Sounds great Dragonstar.

Purple pencil
08-31-2014, 02:52 PM
Hawaii is out - my new stove that I begrudgingly had to buy ate up all the money for the plane tickets! So.... Disneyland is in. By Feb we should have all the bills down to normal! :yes:

So what do I do to sign up??

HotMamaRama
08-31-2014, 03:46 PM
Purple Pencil - go here: http://www.artzonausa.com/#!registration/cobp Fill out the registration form, and decide how you want to pay, and badda-bing-badda-boom, you're in!!! :jiggy: Just let me know if you need help.

jazzie
08-31-2014, 04:11 PM
HMR -

1) I forgot to let you know I originally was going to do the payment plan when I registered but never saw an option for it so went ahead with the full payment - which is probably a good thing for me as I would pay the price for losing track of the due date(s) so I look upon it as a helpful savings plan for me, but just in case anyone else was trying to go that route, I'm not sure if it was a glitch or operator error?

2) I also didn't see anywhere to let you know about being a gluten-free veg head...

maybe I need new glasses?

HotMamaRama
08-31-2014, 05:12 PM
Jazztastic - The instructions for the payment plan is to contact me via email to set it up and make payment arrangements. Since PayPal is NOT an option with the payment plan, you have to send payment directly to me, thus why anyone interested in doing the payment plan simply needs to shoot me an email. :)

And we are NOT offering a lunch this time around, but rather having hors d'oeuvres at the Welcome Reception and treats on Saturday afternoon. I tried my best to include veg-head friendly options on both menu's. And I believe there are some Gluten-free options as well.

HotMamaRama
08-31-2014, 05:18 PM
Okay - I just double checked the menu's and while we currently have some vegetarian options, they are not gluten-free. For example, the raspberry and brie in phyllo & the Thai Spring Rolls, are meatless, but not gluten-free. And the only Saturday treat that would be gluten-free would be the chocolate covered strawberries, unless the mini cheesecakes or gourmet cupcakes are gluten-free which I doubt.

I am going to the Marriot on Tuesday, and will see if there is anything we can do regarding gluten free options.

dina54
09-01-2014, 09:02 AM
I am also "Gluten-free" BTW. As I am not ALLERGIC (I don't have celiac) but just gluten intolerant, I usually can fake it. I eat LOTS of fruit and yogurt.
Chocolate covered strawberries...yum.

nanner
09-01-2014, 12:51 PM
I'm officially attempting to be there - so lurking!

Would be awesomesauce to see you there, m'dear! :D

Theresagram
09-03-2014, 12:12 PM
You know, according to the Farmer's Almanac, this winter is supposedly going to be the worst in 700 years!!! :swoon: So you peeps back east and up north may want to think about that when you make your travel plans!! :wideeyed::wideeyed:

Supposedly, they are telling people if you are traveling to get out early!! So maybe you should just all come now and stay until spring thaw!!! :D :yes::yes:

:spinny:

Theresagram
09-03-2014, 12:14 PM
Oh heck, why not just move out here....now!!!! :D :P:jiggy:

Come on, you know you want to!!! :yes::yes:

Tandy
09-03-2014, 03:12 PM
Well I know we've been having temps over 100 degrees Fahrenheit here in SoCal and I know it is hotter in AZ, so they may want to wait just a little longer before making their move. LOL.

Theresagram
09-03-2014, 03:43 PM
It's only supposed to be 107 today!! :D

Jennie
09-03-2014, 04:17 PM
It's a dry heat :twitcy:

HotMamaRama
09-06-2014, 11:00 AM
So it has been decided that we will be doing another White Elephant Exchange this year. Some of you may remember the Cactus template we had a couple of years ago. Well this year, we will be doing a quail shape for the White Elephant Exchange. I have created a template and it can be found as an attachment in the first post. The measurements are listed there, and when I printed it from my computer it came out really close to the marked measurements. I think it was just a wee bit less wide.

Just like last time, you can decorate your quail ahead of time and bring it with you finished. And I will have some pre-cut quail templates available at ARTzona for those that may decide to do one there. We will do the exchange on Sunday.

Also I have posted some info on the website blog regarding breakfast at the Marriot if you are interested. www.artzonausa.com

CynthiaSillitoe
09-06-2014, 07:40 PM
It's only supposed to be 107 today!! :D

Yeah, you hardly notice it at all. :D

I've turned into such a wimp since leaving AZ. It hits 90 here and I start whining and then I think of all the times I said, "oh, good, it's only supposed to be 90 tomorrow."

I just want to fast forward time. I have nothing ready in terms of art, but....I wanna see my friends at ArtZona!

HotMamaRama
09-06-2014, 09:34 PM
You are so right Cynthia - we've had a really "Cool" summer, having only a few days in the 114-118 degree range! And it's been in the mid 80's in the morning. Almost sweater weather! HAHA

cairnlae
09-06-2014, 11:08 PM

pfffffttt......;)

HotMamaRama
09-08-2014, 03:02 PM
So anyone else interested in trading gothic arches at ARTzona again? I still have some bird ones and Halloween ones that I'd like to trade. I want to make arch books out of them. One for birds and one for Halloween.

And if you want a different theme, I'd be happy to make you something with any theme you want. :)

Rogue Gal
09-08-2014, 06:50 PM
I'm interested! I still have birds, Halloween, and other assorted arches, and plan to make some new Halloween ones as well.

HotMamaRama
09-09-2014, 12:24 PM
So I've had a couple people contact me regarding problems with the quail template, so I've added the jpeg and a PDF version of the template to the first post in the thread. Hopefully one of those work for you. If you still can't get it to come out the correct size for you, then send me a pm with your email address, and I can email you the word document file that I made the template with.

HotMamaRama
09-09-2014, 01:51 PM
FYI - I've had a couple of people wondering where to find the hotel room reservation info. Here is the webpage (http://www.artzonausa.com/#!artist-retreat/co42) to the direct link to book your hotel room reservations and get the discounted rate.

I also asked about getting that same rate for the extended stay people, but the best he could do was $179.00 for the extra days. So to clarify: For the room block of Thursday - Sunday, the ARTzona room rate is $119.00 + tax. Extended days are available at a rate of $179.00 + tax. Which is still a significant discount when you consider the normal rate for that time of year is $279.00 + tax. for the same rooms!

cairnlae
09-09-2014, 07:18 PM
On the subject of staying extra days.....anyone coming in Wednesday that would need a roomie for the night and anyone staying beyond Sunday that might need a roomie for those days(possibly Sunday and Monday nights)? MY roomies are ONLY staying Thursday, Fri and Sat. nights. I would like to stay a bit longer and Southwestern is running a good special on flights at the moment. Would like to get booked asap.

midnitecreations
09-09-2014, 08:32 PM
Karen, Me, Me Me! Pick Me

cairnlae
09-09-2014, 11:59 PM
Eeeeny meeny miney moe....catch a Renu by her toe.....if she hollers...squeeze it harder....eeenny meeny miney moe. My mother said to pick the very best one and you..............................are.........it.
Karen, Me, Me Me! Pick Me

JoyFlower
09-10-2014, 12:05 PM
I'm in. Just paid on website. Rooming with my Nanner. :wubclub:

HotMamaRama
09-10-2014, 12:38 PM
I just saw that you are registered! :swoon: :wubclub: :D You just made me a very happy girl! <3

JoyFlower
09-10-2014, 12:41 PM
Then that makes two of us! Love you!

HotMamaRama
09-10-2014, 12:47 PM
I bet I love you more! As I tell the kids, I love you to the moon and back! :)

Theresagram
09-10-2014, 01:05 PM

YAY!!!

nanner
09-10-2014, 07:59 PM
SUPER EXCITED!!!

JoyFlower
09-10-2014, 08:29 PM
Thank You, My Loves!!

DRAGONSTARR
09-12-2014, 12:23 AM
Yay :D

Theresagram
09-12-2014, 02:38 PM
So anyone else interested in trading gothic arches at ARTzona again? I still have some bird ones and Halloween ones that I'd like to trade. I want to make arch books out of them. One for birds and one for Halloween.

And if you want a different theme, I'd be happy to make you something with any theme you want. :)

I'm hoping to have some arches to trade. Mine will most likely be Halloween. :D

HotMamaRama
09-12-2014, 03:26 PM
Also, I'm really into these two sleeve art dolls lately, so if anyone wants to trade those, I will likely have a dozen or so available for trade. :)

I'm determined to make this the ARTzona where I finally get in on the trading frenzy!!! And if I get busy and distracted, and you want to trade art, PLEASE, hunt me down, pin me down, and lets trade some art! :D

rapa
09-12-2014, 03:44 PM
HMR - what are two sleeve art dolls? It sounds interesting and I may make some to trade with you.

HotMamaRama
09-12-2014, 04:00 PM
Oh Rhonda, they're fun, I think Ruth (Art_Junkie) started the idea, and now there have been a few 2 sleeve art doll swaps. They fit in two atc sleeves. I'm addicted to them. Here's a link (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29299)to one of the threads.

Here's a couple of mine. And there are several great examples in the gallery. Here are some great examples by Art_Junkie (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=391420), Kwainlin777 (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?u=20200) & Oddbreed (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=395088)

chatty
09-12-2014, 05:44 PM
I just signed in and paid through PayPal ..giggle..

I do believe I will need a roommate, anyone interested?

Jennie
09-12-2014, 07:15 PM
Yea! Ranie is coming, now lets find her a roommate or 2 or 3....

HotMamaRama
09-12-2014, 07:39 PM
Woot.... giggle.... Woot...... giggle..... Chatty!!!!!

DRAGONSTARR
09-12-2014, 09:18 PM
Chatty :) we could use another roomie. I have already booked a room with 2 beds and have Tandy as a roomie already. I promise that this time I won't have to cancel -hubby definitely knows that he cannot be gone during this Artzona! I will PM you tonight, as I am at work and cannot use firefox.

I just signed in and paid through PayPal ..giggle..

I do believe I will need a roommate, anyone interested?

chatty
09-14-2014, 12:56 AM
Dragonstarr, I will PM ya...

Rogue Gal
09-16-2014, 02:39 AM
FYI - I've had a couple of people wondering where to find the hotel room reservation info. Here is the webpage (http://www.artzonausa.com/#!artist-retreat/co42) to the direct link to book your hotel room reservations and get the discounted rate.

I also asked about getting that same rate for the extended stay people, but the best he could do was $179.00 for the extra days. So to clarify: For the room block of Thursday - Sunday, the ARTzona room rate is $119.00 + tax. Extended days are available at a rate of $179.00 + tax. Which is still a significant discount when you consider the normal rate for that time of year is $279.00 + tax. for the same rooms!

I'm bummed, because I read the above discounted rate as being for Thursday through Sunday nights, but it turns out that Sunday is not included in the discounted rate. I was planning to stay and play on Sunday instead of flying home, but now I'm not so sure. So just for clarification, the rate is for Thursday-Saturday nights, checking out on Sunday :(

HotMamaRama
09-17-2014, 10:07 AM
Well it is supposed to be Chtistine. I will call Rob first thing this morning! It is my understanding that our room block is supposed to be through Sunday! Now I'm getting rather annoyed with the Marriott. Urgh

HotMamaRama
09-17-2014, 03:06 PM
PLEASE - NO ONE MAKE FLIGHT RESERVATIONS YET!!!!! HAVING AN ISSUE WITH THE CONTRACT AT THE MARRIOT AND MAY BE RELOCATING THE VENUE!!!! THEREFORE, DATES MAY CHANGE. WILL KEEP YOU POSTED!!

jensaz
09-17-2014, 06:01 PM
WTF!!! Rob is gonna get it now...

Jennie
09-17-2014, 07:07 PM
Rob has already gotten it, but Wonder woman is on it and answers forthcoming in a few days. Everyone just hold for a few days, do some art to trade and everything will be fine.

Rogue Gal
09-17-2014, 07:51 PM
Well it is supposed to be Chtistine. I will call Rob first thing this morning! It is my understanding that our room block is supposed to be through Sunday! Now I'm getting rather annoyed with the Marriott. Urgh

Thank you for following up on this, Trina :) I was about to book a flight the other day too, but now I'm really glad that I didn't since things are up in the air. I take it that you've had other problems with the Marriott? And is this the same Rob that you've been dealing with for the last couple of years?

By the way, I had no idea that the font here on AFA could be so big! Your post definately got my attention :yes:

Jennie
09-17-2014, 08:31 PM
That font is amazing! Red bold and size 7.
Yes same Rob as the last 2 years but we won't be tar and feathering him, painting him but no tar and feathers.

Trina, he owes us, I think he should donate a few hours for a life drawing session on Saturday, to make up for it all!

HotMamaRama
09-17-2014, 08:45 PM
Jennie I think that is a BRILLIANT Idea!!! Making him model for us for at least an hour is more than FAIR!!!

I just posted this on my FB page, but thought I had better keep everyone here in the loop as well!

When I called to speak with Rob today, I was informed that he is no longer working there! To which I promptly texted Rob to find out WTF happened! Now I'm having difficulty getting any communication from the new contact person at the Marriot. The primary reason I went with the Marriot is because Rob was taking care of us and would make sure all of our needs are met. Now I am trying to get out of that contract (Without financial penalties) and go with the Embassy Suites, (Which was my first choice before Rob called me to Woo me over to the Marriot. - trust me, he is in big trouble and he knows it!)

I called the Embassy Suites today and we CAN get the EXACT SAME DATES & will be able to still do EVERYTHING I have planned! The welcome reception, classes, etc. will all still be very doable! We may even get the extra classroom for Friday too. SO bonus there.

I should be receiving a proposal this evening from The Embassy Suites, and will be going over there first thing tomorrow to review and break down the details of the contract. All goes well, I should be signing a new contract by Friday, and get out of the Marriot Contract.

The UPSIDE - is that the Embassy Suites has A LOT MORE to offer us with regards to amenities for guests! The room rate will probably be a bit higher than what the Marriot was offering, but NOT much more than what we were getting at the Hyatt the past few years!

The Embassy Suites guest room package INCLUDES: Full Breakfast each morning, FREE Internet in guest rooms AND the ART ROOM, FREE airport shuttle, AND (my personal favorite part) a FREE Evening Reception every night from 5:30 - 7:30 at the bar, full of free beer, wine, spirits, and munchies!!!! BONUS for the BOOZERS!!!! And every guest room is a SUITE with your choice of King or two double rooms with a pull out sleeper sofa. SO plenty of room for the folks rooming together! And I have been in their guest rooms and they are very nice and clean.

PS And as if those weren't all GREAT reasons to make the switch - The Embassy will HONOR our GROUP Rate for 3 days prior and 3 days post our event! So none of this BS about jacking the rates up for extended stays! Which REALLY pissed me off at the Marriot!

PPS - Did I mention that the Embassy Suites is directly across the street from JERRY'S ARTARAMA!?!?! :swoon: :notworthy: I will most certainly have to make us an ARTzona crossing sign for all our little trips across the street to Jerry's!! Next time I'm over there I will mention that they may want to extend their business hours for that weekend. LMAO!!! :D :wacko:

nanner
09-17-2014, 09:05 PM
What a circus you've been dealing with! Though, it is sounding like the Embassy Suites is the best fit for us, and was meant to be! It's all working out just as it should. :jiggy:

Jennie
09-17-2014, 09:46 PM
Trina love love love the new avatar. And so appreciate you and all you do for us.

CynthiaSillitoe
09-17-2014, 11:50 PM
Did somebody say....free internet? Even better, airport shuttle and free internet? :D All my fingers and my silly toes are crossed!

Helene
09-18-2014, 12:26 AM
I put my brother and his family up at Embassy Suites a few years back and it was fabulous with all the amenities and freebees as you described Trina!!
YOU ROCK!!!

Rogue Gal
09-18-2014, 01:36 AM
I hope you know that I would follow you anywhere, dear Trina, but having stayed at the Embassy for many other art venues, I would be very happy if that's where we wind up! I love the made-to-order omelettes at the fabulous free breakfast, and the free drinks at the manager's reception are a great excuse to take a break and socialize. The rooms are nice, and the staff helpful and friendly. And I LOVE that the discounted room rate will extend to the days before and after the event. But wherever we wind up, I'll be happy because I'll be with all of you!

Thank you for everything that you are doing, Trina - I know that we all appreciate it so much! I hope that you are able to get out of the contract with the Marriot without penalties or much trouble.

Oh, and when you get a free moment, you can put amyfaerie and I down as roommates again. Thanks darling!

jazzie
09-18-2014, 02:57 AM
PPS - Did I mention that the Embassy Suites is directly across the street from JERRY'S ARTARAMA!?!?! :swoon: :notworthy: I will most certainly have to make us an ARTzona crossing sign for all our little trips across the street to Jerry's!! Next time I'm over there I will mention that they may want to extend their business hours for that weekend. LMAO!!! :D :wacko:

I can't decide if I should praise you or curse you for this part $#@!

CynthiaSillitoe
09-18-2014, 06:20 AM
Oh, wow. I was so busy swooning at free internet that I didn't even see the Jerry's part....

HotMamaRama
09-18-2014, 09:28 AM
Jazzie - I know exactly what you mean! For me it's like a dream come true! The only thing better than staying across the street from Jerry's, would be staying IN Jerry's!
I seriously hope that my slice of heaven has a Jerry's Artarama. I'm like a kid in a candy store while I'm there. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. It gives me a sense of peace and joy all at the same time.

Okay, when I'm done at the Embassy Suites today, I am treating myself to a trip to Jerry's. It's good for the blood pressure. :D

HotMamaRama
09-18-2014, 09:30 AM
Thank you for that Christine - Good to know the Embassy Suites has such a good reputation with artists.

HotMamaRama
09-18-2014, 09:33 AM
I hope you know that I would follow you anywhere, dear Trina...

:wub: Now I'm visualizing myself as the Pied Piper (Wearing a WW outfit of course) crossing the street to Jerry's with all of you fabulous artists gleefully following behind! LMAO!! :D

Jennie
09-18-2014, 10:30 AM
Has anyone ever gotten out of Jerry's for less than $50. I always find the one or 2 things I needed and 3 or 4 things I neeeeeded.

midnitecreations
09-18-2014, 11:39 AM
Trina, the Embassy Suites sounds great. Especially for us who are staying a couple of extra days. More money to spend on the Jerry across the street! Only thing saving me will be the fact I am flying.

Theresagram
09-18-2014, 12:41 PM
It's going to work out FABULOUSLY!!!!

Jennie
09-18-2014, 02:36 PM
I'm so excited I can't stand it!!!!!!!!!!

CynthiaSillitoe
09-18-2014, 02:54 PM
Which Embassy Suites is it? The one on Camelback or ??

Jennie
09-18-2014, 04:50 PM
The tempe Embassy

CynthiaSillitoe
09-18-2014, 07:11 PM
Oh, that would be a great location!

jazzie
09-18-2014, 08:36 PM
HMR - is that the place we went to lunch at after the trip to Jerry's last year? It was beautimous! If it is, there may be even more cursing and praising... MARGARITAS downstairs and ArtCRACK across the street... it could be a lethal cycle - go to Jerry's, comeback and celebrate all the loot with an icy cold beverage, go back to get more. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Jennie
09-18-2014, 08:44 PM
LOL, jazzie you're hysterical. It's so true though

Theresagram
09-18-2014, 08:57 PM
We are going to have illegal amounts of fun!!!!!

CynthiaSillitoe
09-18-2014, 08:57 PM
HMR - is that the place we went to lunch at after the trip to Jerry's last year? It was beautimous! If it is, there may be even more cursing and praising... MARGARITAS downstairs and ArtCRACK across the street... it could be a lethal cycle - go to Jerry's, comeback and celebrate all the loot with a icy cold beverage, go back to get more. Lather, rinse, repeat.

I think you may have come up with the ArtZona motto: lather, rinse, and repeat....

Tandy
09-18-2014, 10:42 PM
Also, I'm really into these two sleeve art dolls lately, so if anyone wants to trade those, I will likely have a dozen or so available for trade. :)

I'm determined to make this the ARTzona where I finally get in on the trading frenzy!!! And if I get busy and distracted, and you want to trade art, PLEASE, hunt me down, pin me down, and lets trade some art! :D

I will definitely have some two-sleeve art dolls with me for trading. I'm addicted to all of the art doll threads (art inspiration, goddess, spirit, 2-sleeve, and the new keyhole).

Embassy suites is really nice. I stayed at the one in Phoenix last year for Art Unraveled. Their breakfast is great and they had a coffee kiosk near the lobby where I was able to get my Chai Tea every morning. They had the free happy hour every night also. The rooms were really nice and spacious. We had to drive to Tempe to go to Jerry's Artarama so I'm real excited that one will be right across the street (although that is also really dangerous). :biglaugh:

HotMamaRama
09-18-2014, 11:44 PM
HMR - is that the place we went to lunch at after the trip to Jerry's last year? It was beautimous! If it is, there may be even more cursing and praising... MARGARITAS downstairs and ArtCRACK across the street... it could be a lethal cycle - go to Jerry's, comeback and celebrate all the loot with an icy cold beverage, go back to get more. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Yes dear it is the very one! They've made some changes. Garcia's is no longer the restaurant there. That area is now where the free breakfast is served and the free happy hour goodies are in that bar area. They've remodeled the outside back patio area near the pool with really comfortable couches and a fireplace outside. It's really quite lovely! And the Urban Craft restaurant is on right of the lobby now.

JoyFlower
09-19-2014, 10:39 AM
Hoping the move to Embassy works out... peeked at the hotel website, and it looks wonderful!

rapa
09-19-2014, 05:13 PM
Yes, may everything work out so we can stay at the Embassy! Thanks for dealing with all of this HMR!

chatty
09-19-2014, 08:35 PM
Trina, the Embassy Suites sounds great. Especially for us who are staying a couple of extra days. More money to spend on the Jerry across the street! Only thing saving me will be the fact I am flying.

..giggle..UPS it back home..giggle..Mike and I do that when we travel on the motorcycle..giggle..

chatty
09-19-2014, 08:45 PM
..giggle..is it safe to book a flight now? Thought I start looking and ..giggle.. Do we know were we are staying..giggle..I get lost really easy, you all may have to go find me..giggle..

Jennie
09-19-2014, 09:02 PM
I would wait until Trina has everything locked down, before you make any flight plans. Better safe than sorry.

DRAGONSTARR
09-19-2014, 09:56 PM
Has anyone ever gotten out of Jerry's for less than $50. I always find the one or 2 things I needed and 3 or 4 things I neeeeeded.

UHHH, NO! :D

DRAGONSTARR
09-19-2014, 10:00 PM
Trina....Thank you for working on all of this! It'll work out :D You are the bestest!

HotMamaRama
09-19-2014, 10:21 PM
I wouldn't book flights yet, until I have this absolutely locked down. My contact at the Embassy Suites should be sending me over the first draft of the contract tonight for review. I spoke with the Sales Rep. at the Marriot on the phone today, he was out sick again, but he called me from home. I expressed my concerns and frustrations and my desire to cancel the contract. He will review the contract first thing Monday morning and get back to me after he speaks with the GM. So I should have a better answer for you all come Monday.

janina
09-20-2014, 12:57 AM
Just thought I'd hang out a bit and listen to the chatter... just thinking maybe...?????

HotMamaRama
09-20-2014, 09:13 AM
I'm thinking maybe YES!!!! Most certainly a good idea Janina.!

Theresagram
09-20-2014, 12:22 PM
Just thought I'd hang out a bit and listen to the chatter... just thinking maybe...?????

Oh, yes. You'll want to be here!!! We have so much fun!!! ;)

Jennie
09-20-2014, 01:31 PM
Oh, yes. You'll want to be here!!! We have so much fun!!! ;)

We exceed the word fun, We need a new word!

vikinglady
09-20-2014, 10:23 PM
Please count me in!

Jennie
09-21-2014, 09:30 AM
Can't wait to meet you Susanne. Did you go here (http://www.artzonausa.com/#!registration/cobp) to register? Then Trina will add you to the guest list.

HotMamaRama
09-21-2014, 11:00 AM
Hi VikingLady!!! I will gladly add you to our list upon registration! You will be our first official attendee from Canada!!! :wub:

Jennie
09-21-2014, 11:07 AM
Attendees from around the world, Speaking of, has Anita signed up? I didn't get much time last year to chat with her.

Theresagram
09-21-2014, 11:11 AM
Neither did I, Jennie. :no:

HotMamaRama
09-21-2014, 11:17 AM

I think I have a couple of times, but it is rare.

I know when I spoke with Stevie about being a vendor, she said they will be sure to bring items that can be used for the classes, as well as all our usual favorites. And I believe they will be specially marking down certain items just for us that weekend! Like when they have their ridiculously low prices on the paint brushes. You know, like brushes that normally retail from $35 - $100 are on sale for $4 - $5! I'm a sucker for those! And the SoHo paints!

Jennie
09-21-2014, 11:33 AM
That will be great to see what treasures Jerrys will find to bring

AnitaM
09-21-2014, 02:44 PM
Jennie, Theresa you'll have to blame HMR she kept whisking me off :D I've not registered yet still waiting on some news before I can commit to coming. We shall have to be patient.

vikinglady
09-21-2014, 04:19 PM
Jennie, I would love to meet you too! I'm just waiting to hear back from my sister to see about this trip. We wanted to go to Arizona together so I may as well drag her to an art meet first :laugh:

Jennie
09-21-2014, 05:06 PM
Absolutely the more the merrier!

chatty
09-22-2014, 10:08 AM
If you have never been to one of these art retreats..giggle..this is the one to come too, it is the best we have so much fun! This will be my 3rd time, talk about it all year..giggle..

Jennie
09-22-2014, 12:12 PM
Chatty, is right we talk from August until the retreat about coming to the retreat and then when it's over we talk until August about how fun it was and what we'll do next year. And yes it's that fun

HotMamaRama
09-22-2014, 05:07 PM
WOOT!!!! :jiggy: We are Officially out of the contract at the Marriot with NO FINANCIAL PENELTIES!!! :jiggy: WOOT!!!!

I am reviewing the contract for the Embassy Suites now, and will be going over there first thing tomorrow morning to sign and finalize!!! :D I'm so excited and I think this is going to be a really good fit for us!

The only down side is that the Embassy Suites is going to cost $400.00 more for the art room meeting spaces. Also, instead of 4600 square feet for the art room, we will have 2000 square ft. and a 1200 sq.ft. classroom space for Saturday.

Which I am totally fine with, because at this rate we will still have more than enough room for everyone and everything. Oh and I'm thinking I WILL have to put a guest limit of 60 instead of unlimited. Everything else I had planned, (ie Welcome reception with vendors, demonstrations and classes on Saturday, group activities, etc.) will all be the same. No change there.

HotMamaRama
09-22-2014, 05:24 PM
RE: Guest Room Rate Change:

To break it down, you were getting a room rate of $119.00 + tax & fees at the Marriot. That did not include any meals, drinks, or wifi. Strictly the room and access to the fitness center and pool.

The discounted room rate at the Embassy Suites will be $149.00 + tax & fees. (Normally $249.00 and up for this time of year.) This INCULDES: A Full breakfast with made to order omelets, etc., Evening reception of FREE beer, wine, and spirits, and munchies from 5:30 - 7:30 each evening, and FREE WIFI in the Art Room & All guest rooms! AND FREE AIRPORT SHUTTLE.

As a comparison for those that came to the Hyatt the previous years, The Hyatt charged $139.00 + tax & fees and you didn't get free internet or the evening reception.

If there is anyone who's already registered and does NOT still want to come because of the room rate change, please contact me directly to discuss your registration refund.

Otherwise, if you DO still plan on coming TO ARTzona in February, then I suggest that you CANCEL your Marriot room reservation IMMEDIATELY!

As soon as I get the direct link for you to book your rooms at the Embassy Suites, I will let you know. And I HIGHLY recommend you book quickly, because there are a limited number of double rooms that are blocked for our group! We have 10 double rooms blocked for Thursday - Saturday, and 5 double rms. blocked for our group on Sunday. The rest of the room block is for king rooms and we have 5 of those reserved.

The sooner you book your rooms, the sooner we will know if we are going to need more rooms in our block. This is the busiest time of year for hotels in the area, and the rooms WILL get taken very quickly! Therefore, the sooner you book, the better your chances of getting the type of room(s) you want.

If you are planning to extend your stay beyond the room block, then you will need to call and speak with the sales rep in charge of our account to get our group rate for the extended days. I will have that name and number soon, and will post it on the website and on the first page here in the thread.

Theresagram
09-22-2014, 05:50 PM
You ROCK Trina!!!!

Jennie
09-22-2014, 06:13 PM
Yea we're back in business, more fun fun fun!!!!

nanner
09-22-2014, 06:38 PM
I'm super excited about this! The Embassy Suites is our own kind of kismet!

Thank you so very much for all the coordination. This surely wasn't an easy feat. :notworthy:

DRAGONSTARR
09-22-2014, 07:04 PM
Yay :D Thank you Trina, you're AWESOME!

CynthiaSillitoe
09-22-2014, 08:11 PM
Thanks, Trina! I'll cancel my reservations tomorrow.

midnitecreations
09-22-2014, 08:15 PM
Working your wonder woman magic. Its fantastic that you got a better hotel and no financial penalties

Tandy
09-22-2014, 08:31 PM
Sounds good!

nancyjb
09-22-2014, 09:48 PM
You are Wonder Woman, Trina! Thanks for doing all this for us! :notworthy:

HotMamaRama
09-23-2014, 01:38 PM
We have a signed contract for the Embassy Suites! Couldn't be happier with our new location! You are going to feel like you are at a vacation resort! Really is going to be perfect for us!

Two Starbucks, Jimmy John's, Chipolte's, sushi, Whole foods, a Pita place, and so much more all really close. Three major banks (To easily restock on cash after going to Jerrys artarama) & gas stations. Everything you could want or need all really close.

HotMamaRama
09-23-2014, 05:39 PM
FYI - Now that we are officially at the Embassy Suites, and because the art room space is only 2000 sq. ft. ~ I AM going to set a limit to the number of guests again this year. The good news is we can still fit more artists then any previous year, so I am setting the limit at 60 people! I believe 60 of us can all comfortably fit in 2000 sq. ft. of art room space.

So if you have been thinking about coming, but have NOT registered as of yet, I HIGHLY recommend you get registered ASAP, because now that we have a limit amount of space, we will likely fill up quickly. Keep in mind that this event is NOT limited to AFA artists! This is open to artists everywhere. And is being advertised as such.

Rogue Gal
09-23-2014, 06:03 PM
I'm so glad that you were able to change the venue, Trina! I spoke with amyfaerie this last weekend and told her about the changes, and she was also excited to be at the Embassy. We both agreed that we would prefer to pay a slightly higher room rate in order to have all the amenities that the Embassy offers, so we are happy. So are the dates the same, and can we buy our plane tickets now?

I'm so excited - thank you for taking such good care of us!

HotMamaRama
09-23-2014, 06:25 PM
YES the dates are the same! feel free to book your plane tickets anytime.

Helene
09-24-2014, 12:32 AM
Yeah!!!!!
Thank you Trina for all your hard work! It's awesome what you have accomplished!
And it's so worth the extra 40bucks (divided by the number of roomies...it becomes even more worth it!!!!) When you think of it, if you have 4 roomies like in our room...it turns out to be only 10 bucks extra for free breakfast, shuttle, wifi, and evening drinks!!! How can you beat that!???!
I am bowing to Super Woman's powers!!!!
:wub:

HotMamaRama
09-24-2014, 09:26 AM
And it's so worth the extra 40bucks (divided by the number of roomies...it becomes even more worth it!!!!) When you think of it, if you have 4 roomies like in our room...it turns out to be only 10 bucks extra for free breakfast, shuttle, wifi, and evening drinks!!! How can you beat that!???!
:wub:

My thoughts exactly Helene! Even if you have NO roomies, it's still a GREAT deal!!!

When you figure the cost breakdown:
Airport shuttle: $30 one way.
Breakfast (At Marriot each day): at least $15 + tax and tip
Happy Hour booze: Priceless
Free Wifi: $10 a day
Across the street from Jerry's: Priceless

You are actually SAVING a great deal of money this way.

One of my biggest concerns with the Marriot - there was nothing within walking distance with regards to restaurants, or shops, etc. It really caters more to the Corporate world, and isn't designed for social events like ours. I never would have chosen it had Rob Perez not wooed me over there so he could get our account.

He is still in BIG trouble with me, and I will be dealing with him accordingly soon. I'm even going to be generous and let him choose his punishment. What do you think?

(A) Tar & Feather him and leave him in the Marriot Parking lot.

(B) Cover him in peanut butter and roll him in crumbled up dog treats and leave him in the desert for the coyotes.

(C) Make him wear a diaper and stand on a platform to model for some life drawing at the Retreat.

Jennie
09-24-2014, 10:01 AM
C! definitely C, Make him wear a diaper and stand on a platform to model for some life drawing at the Retreat. However B is an exceptionally evil thought.

nanner
09-24-2014, 10:50 AM
Between breakfast and the happy hour...that's a huge savings on meals alone.

I think you should make Rob pick up Tanner and meet us at Option C. For shore! :yes:

DebbaPeot
09-24-2014, 03:21 PM
Thinking of coming to play for the weekend. So exciting to have something to look forward to in feb.

HotMamaRama
09-24-2014, 03:43 PM
Deb - you have to come play again! I would miss you terribly if you weren't there! I'd have wicked withdraws. I need me some Deb-lovin'! :wub:

HotMamaRama
09-24-2014, 03:49 PM
Okay my sweets. We won't have our group direct booking link until tomorrow afternoon at the earliest, but I do have our group code! So if you're eager and ready to book your rooms now, go to the normal Embassy Suites - Tempe reservations page, and enter the code ART to receive the ARTzona group rate!

FYI - If you are booking the room with more than 2 people per room, then the rate does go up a wee bit. I think Rapa told me it was like $20 more for 4 people.

AnitaM
09-24-2014, 05:40 PM
I'm afraid I won't be joining you this time. My cousin has dangled a lovely Asian holiday in January - Seoul, Japan and maybe a end it in Hong Kong,

Jennie
09-24-2014, 07:16 PM
Well darn, I wish you could come this year, maybe next. But hey I'd take Seoul, Japan and Hong Kong over Arizona any day.

nanner
09-24-2014, 08:48 PM
Nita, that's about the ONLY excuse I'll accept with this news! :realmad:

Sounds fantastic!

HotMamaRama
09-24-2014, 09:02 PM
I'm with Nanner - that does sound like a pretty sweet vacation!!!

nancyjb
09-24-2014, 10:36 PM
Boo hoo, Anita, but what a great trip! I've only been to Hong Kong and I love it there!

nancyjb
09-24-2014, 10:50 PM
Just made my reservation for Barb and I! Yay, for Hilton awards too. By the way, it does list a charge for wifi, but I expect we'll sort that out there.

HotMamaRama
09-24-2014, 11:31 PM
Nancy you can call Anne and tell her about the WiFi charge. Shouldn't be on there.

Theresagram
09-24-2014, 11:34 PM
I'm afraid I won't be joining you this time. My cousin has dangled a lovely Asian holiday in January - Seoul, Japan and maybe a end it in Hong Kong,

:( :::pouting::: :(

Rogue Gal
09-25-2014, 02:16 AM

:( I don't blame you - I've never been to Seoul, but loved Japan and Hong Kong. I hope you can come to the next one!

Rogue Gal
09-25-2014, 02:17 AM
Thinking of coming to play for the weekend. So exciting to have something to look forward to in feb.

Oh! Do! Do! Come and play with us! :yes:

Rogue Gal
09-25-2014, 02:33 AM
Just a little suggestion to everyone amid all the ARTzona prep and excitement: please consider getting a flu shot. I was so thankful that I had gotten mine last year!

DRAGONSTARR
09-25-2014, 03:39 AM
I just made reservations for Embassy Suites, yay :) Tandy and I are looking for at least 1 or 2 more roomies, if anyone would like to join us. I have a 2 doubles + sofa bed reserved. Pm me if you are in need of a roomie :)

HotMamaRama
09-25-2014, 09:04 AM
please consider getting a flu shot. I was so thankful that I had gotten mine last year!

You beat me to the punch, I was actually just putting a blog post together as a reminder/suggestion for this! Even though we are at the end of February, there are still icky bugs floating around the nation. And I highly recommend you all stock up on zinc, and vitamin C. It is my hope that NO one gets ANY kind of sickness this year!!!!

AnitaM
09-25-2014, 09:19 AM
Hey I'll still be hanging around on the thread here and on facebook.

jazzie
09-25-2014, 12:12 PM
Just a little suggestion to everyone amid all the ARTzona prep and excitement: please consider getting a flu shot.

I got mine on Tuesday and was going to suggest this too - don't want people down for the count when we're there and think of all the art prep time you'd miss out on if you get the flu before ARTzona!!!

dina54
09-25-2014, 04:55 PM
I just booked my flight!Got a round trip for $379 (The return is an overnight flight Sunday to Monday morning). I will arrive around 7PM Thursday.

DRAGONSTARR
09-25-2014, 08:19 PM
I got a great flight deal from southwest - round trip + early bird check in for $301.00

gordianot
09-25-2014, 08:45 PM
Anita, I will miss you, but enjoy the trip! I must admit I am a bit jealous of how often and far you seem to travel. Enjoy the time with your cousin as well!

Jennie
09-25-2014, 09:06 PM
Just saw on TV that germs can stay on surfaces of airplanes for up to 4 days.

So everyone should wear surgical masks, shoe booties and a tyvek bunny suit. Also if you're uncomfortable wearing rubber gloves use hand sanitizer every 10 minutes:P

Poor Meg she was so sick.

DRAGONSTARR
09-25-2014, 09:39 PM
Just saw on TV that germs can stay on surfaces of airplanes for up to 4 days.

So everyone should wear surgical masks, shoe booties and a tyvek bunny suit. Also if you're uncomfortable wearing rubber gloves use hand sanitizer every 10 minutes:P

Poor Meg she was so sick.

Or...you could carry a container or chlorox dis-infectent wipes with you :)

HotMamaRama
09-25-2014, 09:54 PM
FYI - Anyone who wants to book their hotel rooms can now use the direct link on the website. It's all current and accurate.

http://www.artzonausa.com/#!artist-retreat/co42

Jennie
09-26-2014, 12:03 AM
Or...you could carry a container or chlorox dis-infectent wipes with you :)

Well that might work too, but you can never be too sure

CynthiaSillitoe
09-26-2014, 12:04 AM
Registered! :) I wish I could stay through Monday again this year. That was lovely last year, but I don't think I can make it work. Actually, I wish I could claim Gabby was a service animal, bring her with me (to my room, but not the art room since some have allergies) and then stay two or three weeks. That would be bliss.

Helene
09-26-2014, 11:31 AM
112 feet = 1 minute
:D

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Embassy+Suites+Phoenix+-+Tempe/Jerry's+Artarama,+4421+S+Rural+Rd,+Tempe,+AZ+85282/@33.3838617,-111.9262495,18z/am=t/data=!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x0:0x1d3e55a4346b6686!2 m2!1d-111.927402!2d33.383812!1m5!1m1!1s0x872b05f0f5d1296 7:0x4a2a186f1852588d!2m2!1d-111.925097!2d33.383553?hl=en-US149627

Jennie
09-26-2014, 11:58 AM
Well isn't that cool!

jazzie
09-26-2014, 12:01 PM
It's even funnier here Helene!
Apparently Google Maps encourages jaywalking?
Isn't the shortest distance between two points a straight line Or were they taking into account that we'd be intoxicated and unable to walk the line?

Theresagram
09-26-2014, 02:38 PM
Flu "season" around here is Dec 1 thru March 31. It may be extended in other areas of the country, I'm not sure. When you're flying, you're breathing pressurized air, so it's much easier for any virus to get down into your lungs. Wearing a mask isn't a bad idea.

The hospital where I work requires all employees to get annual flu shots...or else wear a mask all day for the 4 months. Last year I got my 2nd ever flu shot in October and in January...at the tail end of ARTzona I got the worst case of flu I've had in 15 years. :(

I agree with Trina, load up on vitamins and zinc and all that kind of stuff. Echinachea, Airborne, etc. The year Hubs & I were juicing I didn't get so much as a sniffle during flu season!!

Jennie
09-26-2014, 05:05 PM
I think last year there were strains of flu that the shot didn't protect against. Hopefully this year it'll get them all but the shot is important, as is taking any supplements and eating healthy.

But flying with a mask on is not a bad idea, and I just think if you showed up in a tyvek bunny suit to fly it would be hysterical to see if people avoided you like the plague.

Theresagram
09-26-2014, 05:22 PM
There are new flu strains developing all the time. There's really no way they can vaccinate for all of them. Strains mutate all the time. It keeps them hopping trying to find new drugs to deal with it all.

Most masks unfortunately won't protect againt viruses...they're so small there's really no filtration mask viruses can't pass thru. But wearing one wouldn't hurt.

Best bet is to load up on heathy foods, vitamins, etc months in advance and get plenty of sleep and keep your resistance up! Hope no one gets sick this flu season!!

HotMamaRama
09-26-2014, 05:56 PM
112 feet = 1 minute

It's even funnier here Helene!
Apparently Google Maps encourages jaywalking?
Isn't the shortest distance between two points a straight line Or were they taking into account that we'd be intoxicated and unable to walk the line?

:D This just made my day!!! :D

Theresagram
09-26-2014, 07:53 PM
112 feet = 1 minute
:D

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Embassy+Suites+Phoenix+-+Tempe/Jerry's+Artarama,+4421+S+Rural+Rd,+Tempe,+AZ+85282/@33.3838617,-111.9262495,18z/am=t/data=!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x0:0x1d3e55a4346b6686!2 m2!1d-111.927402!2d33.383812!1m5!1m1!1s0x872b05f0f5d1296 7:0x4a2a186f1852588d!2m2!1d-111.925097!2d33.383553?hl=en-US149627

LOL!!

Helene
09-27-2014, 01:42 AM
Got my flu shot today...
Like Theresa...my work make us get the shot...otherwise we also have to wear a mask for 4 months!
I just feel it's so early...(?)
By the time Artzona will come around...won't my little vaccine be all worn out by then????

Jennie
09-27-2014, 11:40 AM
Well they say it is supposed to last 6 to 8 months. I wonder how they figure that out?

Theresagram
09-27-2014, 12:05 PM
The flu vaccine is supposed to help build up your resistance to the strain(s) you're vaccinated against. :D

Jennie
09-27-2014, 12:16 PM
Now see the doctor used the 6 to 8 month thing to get me to get one every year.

Helene
09-27-2014, 12:18 PM
Ok then....I'll add the Vitamins! ha ha

angelmuz
09-27-2014, 03:20 PM
So can you add Angelmuz and KentuckyDakota to the list please. We will be coming as well!! We will share a room.

Rogue Gal
09-27-2014, 03:32 PM
Yay - so glad you are coming, Tami!

Trina, Amy (theweavershand) will be rooming with amyfaerie and I :)

DRAGONSTARR
09-27-2014, 07:22 PM
Flu "season" around here is Dec 1 thru March 31. It may be extended in other areas of the country, I'm not sure. When you're flying, you're breathing pressurized air, so it's much easier for any virus to get down into your lungs. Wearing a mask isn't a bad idea.

The hospital where I work requires all employees to get annual flu shots...or else wear a mask all day for the 4 months. Last year I got my 2nd ever flu shot in October and in January...at the tail end of ARTzona I got the worst case of flu I've had in 15 years. :(

I agree with Trina, load up on vitamins and zinc and all that kind of stuff. Echinachea, Airborne, etc. The year Hubs & I were juicing I didn't get so much as a sniffle during flu season!!

It never fails, every time I get a flu shot I get really sick for at least 1 week sometimes 2 weeks. The doctor emphatically denies that the flu shot makes people sick, but if I don't get it, I usually don't get sick. I no longer get flu shots for that reason.:wub:

Jennie
09-27-2014, 07:37 PM
Nancy I think the important part there is the word "usually"

HotMamaRama
09-27-2014, 08:33 PM
So can you add Angelmuz and KentuckyDakota to the list please. We will be coming as well!! We will share a room.

Yes dear, I will gladly add you both to the guest list as soon as you both complete the registration form and complete payment. Look forward to meeting you both!

HotMamaRama
09-27-2014, 08:34 PM
Yay - so glad you are coming, Tami!

Trina, Amy (theweavershand) will be rooming with amyfaerie and I :)

You got it toots. Will add her to your roomie list.

kentuckydakota
09-27-2014, 10:39 PM
muz and I are all signed up and ready to howl. Can't wait to meet y'all! :)

HotMamaRama
09-28-2014, 09:24 AM
Yay!! Just got you both added to the master list! Welcome to ARTzona! :wub:

chatty
09-28-2014, 04:22 PM
Have Room Reservation ..giggle.. Jazzie and I will be rooming together.

...and now I have my flight ..giggle.. no backing out now!

We do have room for one more, is anyone interested?

PM me

Jennie
09-29-2014, 01:48 PM
Good morning wonderful Artists! Trina is going out of town for a few day and has asked me to monitor any questions, New folks who are going to sign up, and all the fun we talk about while she's gone. If you are registering please go to the web site (http://www.artzonausa.com/#!registration/cobp)and please PM me that you did. Feel free to PM me with anything you all know I love messages..

Remember we have a bigger better space and we can have 60 people this year without being scrunched. If you've registered but think you might want to let a friend know, go for it, this isn't a strictly AFA retreat, and we'll have such fun.

HotMamaRama
09-29-2014, 05:20 PM
Thanks Jennie - I was just getting on here to let everyone know that you and Theresagram are in charge for a while. I'm going to be gone for the rest of this week, so if you have any questions or concerns please direct them to Jennie and Theresa.

Jennie
09-29-2014, 07:23 PM
We're here for you Trina. .....Ok, she's gone for the week, what can we do to be bad?

nanner
09-29-2014, 07:28 PM
I'm cranking the volume up to ELEVEN now! :D

Theresagram
09-29-2014, 07:43 PM
Ladies, don't make me get out my machete! :jimlad:

Jennie
09-29-2014, 08:29 PM
Oh, Theresa you are just no fun, or were you getting out your machete to open the coconuts for fancy drinks?