PDA

View Full Version : EUREKA "THAR' BE ART IN THOSE HILLS' SPRINGS ARTIST RETREAT-2016

Pixi
11-01-2014, 10:47 PM
Hello everyone!
WELCOME!!! :)

Where: Eureka Springs Carnegie Library Annex, Eureka Springs, AR
Dates: June 17-19, 2016
Times: Friday, 8 am- 6 pm, Saturday- 9 am-8pm, Sunday 8am-4pm
Accomodations: To be announced

Activities: Classes, Show and Tell, Door Prizes, Art Tours, etc...

I am starting the planning for next year, to have a EUREKA "Thar' be ART in those Hills" SPRINGS ARTIST RETREAT, IN THE BEAUTIFUL STATE OF ARKANSAS...

Eureka is a historical town with beautiful mountians and a wonderful historical district. It has the famous Crescent Hotel ( Ghost Busters filmed there) and many things to do and see. Many galleries, a Historical Musuem and much, much more to enjoy...

If you like shopping...the historical distract is also the place to go to find that one of a kind treasure!

Right now I am looking at holding it in JUNE from the 16th-19th, 2016.

Some of the things I was thinking we could do:

Classes
Exchanges
Door Prizes
Contests
And just have a LOT of fun!

So, Please list below your name if you are interested in coming...I realize it is far away... but planning for something like this takes time and i would like to get a jump on it. ( reservations for motels, reserving the conference area...etc...) And that way also, we can keep this thread going and hold Athons and such to make to trade for the Conference... :)

If there are any questions, please feel free to pm me and ask and I will answer as best as I can...

Also, if time allowed and there were those that wanted to car pool and perhaps see a show or something...Branson, MO is not far from where I live either.

As it gets closer to the end of the year...( if not sooner) I will be posting room rates, how many will be allowed to come, and so forth ( not sure of number of occupancy of place where we might have it) so first come-first serve. :)

Thank you and any suggestions would be welcome! :)

0. Pixi
1. Wykyd
2. JenUrebel
3. xstitcher
4. Zuddles
5. Karch
6. Karch's cousin
7. Pixi's Oldest daugther
8. Pixi's Youngest Daughter
9. Colourful.Daze
10. bluesybreeze
11. mzspurslasso
12. TF Balding
13. native killette
14. Zhouzhou
15. art_junkie
16. tellurien
17. photopam
18. tascanini
19. Hazartist

I WILL HAVE A FACEBOOK PAGE SET UP SOON FOR THIS EVENT...SO BE ON THE LOOK OUT FOR THE LINK SOON! :) THAT WAY WE CAN ALSO CORRESPOND THERE.

HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE! <3

Wykyd
11-03-2014, 08:21 PM
Put me on the thinking about it list. :)

Pixi
11-03-2014, 08:47 PM
Sure will Wykyd!!! :)

JenUrebel
11-03-2014, 08:53 PM
Put me on the "this is about as close to me as an AFA event is likely to be" list.

Pixi
11-03-2014, 08:59 PM
Lol...had you in mind JenUrebel! :) I figured this would help cover those of us in AR,MO,OK,TX,LA,MS,TN...And of course whoever else wants to come! :)

xstitcher
11-06-2014, 08:18 PM
Sounds like fun!

Thanks for trying to pull something together.

I would like to get the information in case I can arrange to be there.

Pixi
11-06-2014, 09:54 PM
Got you on the list xstitcher! :) I'm hoping it will really be fun and enjoyable for everyone! :)

Pixi
11-07-2014, 05:29 PM
i have made an "Event page" for the Conference...if you all want to go there and join it, then i will be keeping everyone up to date on progress also...:D

xstitcher
11-07-2014, 10:23 PM
i have made an "Event page" for the Conference...if you all want to go there and join it, then i will be keeping everyone up to date on progress also...:D

Where do I find this event page?

Pixi
11-07-2014, 11:09 PM
Sorry! Link is at top in info/interest sign up box...:twitcy:

xstitcher
11-08-2014, 10:10 AM
Thank you!

Pixi
11-12-2014, 10:57 PM
Woohoo Zuddles! :)

BekaH
11-14-2014, 08:27 AM
Wahhh I totally curse not being able to travel. Stupid anxiety! :( all you fabulous beautiful ladies being there and my sweet jenn! Y'all will just have to have fun without me! :-)

Pixi
11-14-2014, 01:00 PM
Awwwwwww...vampiress_rose, I wish there was some way you could come! :(

Pixi
11-22-2014, 02:56 PM
Just popping in to let everyone know that I haven't forgotten about this, and that the planning will be full steam ahead after the holidays! So keep up with the thread for more info and news...also, spread the word around to those of you that know of someone that would maybe like to come..

I will have by January ( February) at the latest how many people for sure we will probably be looking at allowed for the site we will have. I will also be going around and checking with the different places to see which would be the best possible places to hold it, and then maybe have a poll so everyone at some point can vote...

Any and all ideas are appreciated! :)

Pixi
02-27-2015, 01:27 AM
The information in the thread has been changed, and the title...Please read update and put a remark in reply box so that you can subscribe to this thread and be kept up on what is going on with the event! :)

Karch
02-27-2015, 03:25 AM
Count me in please- I have family in the Bentonville area- and I think one of my cousins will want to join us from Fordyce.

Pixi
02-27-2015, 05:23 AM
Count me in please- I have family in the Bentonville area- and I think one of my cousins will want to join us from Fordyce.

Okay...I will go ahead and add her so that I know how many,,,

Colourful.Daze
03-13-2015, 11:18 PM
You can count on me Pixi!! :jiggy:

Pixi
03-14-2015, 03:49 AM
You can count on me Pixi!! :jiggy:

I gotcha! :) :jiggy:

bluesybreeze
03-22-2015, 05:14 PM
Yee-haw!!!.....guess who lives in Arkansas? ME :jiggy: I will come and also help in any way possible.

Pixi
03-22-2015, 09:39 PM
Yee-haw!!!.....guess who lives in Arkansas? ME :jiggy: I will come and also help in any way possible.

Oh yay! I will probably take you up on that! LOL I plan on starting some major planning/preparations when I get back from my Honeymoon in June. :) So be ready!!! LOL

Pixi
03-22-2015, 09:57 PM
Okay...as I have told a few of you...I will be on honeymoon :jiggy: from May 20th until June 24th...so...what that has to do with this here group is that...when I get back, I will be going full steam ahead on this planning and such for this event.

I will be looking for helpers....not sure yet what you will do exactly, but will no more as time goes on. I have had a couple of people volunteer already, and that means a lot to me!

Also, if you know of anyone that has to do with vending or art and can teach a class ( cheap or volunteer) let me know. I will get back with you when the time gets closer and we need to lock them in.

No sure where we are having it, as there are many places here that will fit the bill...I want everyone to be able to afford it ad have a good time, but yet, have it be nice also.

A couple of questions for you ladies:

1: Do you want to keep activities ( not the classes) as a group or let each individual decide on their own with what they want to do?
2. I personally think we should dine together, but if you have other suggestions, then so be it...please, let me hear them! :)
3. Vendors and instructors that come will either get a discount or a free pass or something for volunteerring their time and or products. Although, vendors will be selling their merchandise, they still have to take the time to come, set up and so forth...so I think it would be worth giving them a break too!
4. My husband will be taking care of the funds...if anyone has issues with this, please let me know ahead of time. I am not sure how everything will work on that front but he is excellent in this sort of area, has worked for the state, so we have background checks and so forth for both of us for that matter if anyone wants to see them. :) Although retired, we can provide references... :) We want everyone to feel safe and secure...
5. What sort of outings, if any, would you be interested in?

These are just some of the ideas...and although there will only be a few days, we can spend each minute and hour having fun! :)

So, suggestion BOX is now open for ideas and so things... PM me if you would rather that way...or email me. :)

I may be forming a few small committees also, depending on size of group...so stay tuned for that, and if you wish to participate and help that way....let me know. :)

Pixi
05-01-2015, 02:59 PM
Hello everyone!

Just wanted to touch base and let everyone know that I am still around...still planning on arranging this, and will be going full force on this come July. I will be back from Vacation by then and hopefully settled back into routine so that I can go full throttle with planning this.

I am still looking for volunteers and a few instructors to hold classes for this event. I will be letting you know hopefully within the next couple of months where it will be held and so forth.

I would still like everyone to let me know here who is interested in coming possibly. This DOES NOT commit you to anything at this time. I just need to get an idea of how many so I know what size of a place to try and get...

Prices and such will also be out soon. Not sure what it will include as of right now. It will depend on what we have and so forth. Rooms will be reserved by individuals but will be set up with a motel ahead of time so you will get a discount. :)

Food and such will be up to each person individually

Reserving place to hold this event, materials for classes, instructors fees, etc...will be included in your price. The more people we have the better and cheaper it will be for everyone! :)

Okay...off i go! But stay tuned for upcoming info...PM your address so that I can send paper info when I need to .

Thank you! :)

bluesybreeze
05-01-2015, 04:44 PM
Yee-haw! Since I live in Arkansas, I can handle the goodie bags, can teach a class, and carry a bunch of supples because I'm only about 2 hours away.

Pixi
05-01-2015, 11:21 PM
That would be great Bluesy! We will get donations I think for the goody bags and such. I really, really appreciate this! I will get in contact with you in July when I know a little more and let you know something. :)

Pixi
07-05-2015, 08:51 AM
Hello everyone!

Just wanted to let everyone know that I will be back within the next two weeks full steam ahead! :) I'm still planning on planning to hold this next year so make sure to start tuned for updates.

If everyone that is interested in going still could please PM me their email address so I can send updates, info, etc...that would be great.

Stay tuned for more news and info coming up in the near future! :)

Pixi

mzspurslasso
07-05-2015, 12:42 PM
I would love to be on the information list.

Pixi
07-05-2015, 01:32 PM
Woo hoo mzspurslasso! I sure will keep you and everyone else up on the info... :)

TF Balding
07-05-2015, 11:19 PM
OMG Colourful.Daze, why didn't you mention this to me??? You know if you're going I'm thumbing a ride LOL!!! There's still room, right??? :eek:

Pixi
07-06-2015, 02:52 AM
Ooooh yes, TF Balding! This is still in the very early preliminary pre planning stages...I'm getting an idea right now how many would be interested so that I know what to try to work towards getting... I will put y'all on the list. :)

xstitcher
07-06-2015, 10:15 PM
I sent you my email yesterday I think.

native killette
07-07-2015, 08:44 AM
Maybe ill come to this instead of hosting my own! You can put me on the interested list & if you have any questions about booking the hotel or actually hosting the shindig let me know because I just went through it. :)

Pixi
07-07-2015, 11:47 AM
Glad to have you native killette! I decided to host this one for those of us around the area and those especially that could not get to the east or west coasts...for whatever reason. It would be great to have you and definitely will keep you in mind for questions and answers! :)

Pixi
07-25-2015, 06:35 PM
Hey everybody! How's it going? I hope everyone is staying cool these VERY hot summer days!

Okay first I want to know who can or wants to help/volunteer to help with the planning of this event...

2. What sort of things are you able to do...

and

3. Would some of you close to me be able to meet like maybe once a month for now?

Things I am looking for help with:

some of the planning ( ideas, etc..)
help getting donations for ( prizes, gift bags, refreshments, etc...)
Holding classes ( teachers, speakers, etc...)
and anything else you can think of that would make this event more enjoyable for all that attend!

I am very excited about getting this planned and on the roll here...so let's get to it so we can have a great time next year! :)

If you go back to the top of page 1 here...you will also see a poll i have posted. It is to see which month would be best to hold this. NOTHING is written in stone yet! :)

Hope to hear from more of you...

Also, another question for those of you that want to come from this group...Do you have any qualms about anyone else coming outside of this group? Since we are not a "official" ATC'sforAll event, I thought it might be nice/fun to invite people from other groups I belong to ( art groups) and maybe some of you have friends that would like to come also! :)

Okay...I will be waiting to hear from you all!

Pixi <3

TF Balding
07-26-2015, 04:16 PM
I can't really volunteer for anything very helpful, but just putting it out there that the best time for me would be summer, period. My & my husband's work schedules wouldn't permit for me to be MIA during the school year (someone has to be home to make sure the kiddo gets off to school in the mornings).

Colourful.Daze
07-27-2015, 11:44 AM
Summer would be best for me as well. I'll think about what I may be able to help with :)

zhouzhou
08-01-2015, 11:15 PM
I could probably make it!

Pixi
08-04-2015, 02:39 PM
Woohoo! We hope you can zhouzhou! :)

art_junkie
08-23-2015, 09:49 PM
I would be interested, it is always fascinating to meet fellow artists!

My favorite activity at Artzona was 5 minute canvases: groups of 5 artist pass around 5x8 canvas. You get 5 minutes exactly to do something on it. Anything goes. Lots of squealing and some really fabulous art.

tellurien
09-10-2015, 11:04 AM
Following... I am just up between Springfield and Joplin, MO.... so this is pretty close!!

Photopam
09-12-2015, 09:57 PM
Interested. If the planets all aline... ;)
Assuming this is in Arkansas?

TF Balding
09-13-2015, 01:00 AM
Yes, Northwestern Arkansas...

xstitcher
09-29-2015, 01:21 PM
I am kind of late with this but I received an email from facebook (for some reason it was in my spam I forget to look at to often) that said the event had been cancelled.

Did I miss something somewhere?

TF Balding
09-29-2015, 04:57 PM
Good question...

tellurien
09-29-2015, 05:08 PM
Tell you what, I would have no clue where to start to get this organized and booked and etc, but I want to see it happen. I am not that far from Eureka Springs, so I will gladly be on some kind of planning committee!!!

-Sean

Pixi
10-13-2015, 09:56 PM
Hey everyone! I had to take a hiatus from here and focus on my Mom for awhile and get somethings caught up. Now that has happened and this is back ON! Unless something realllly bad happens to Mom between now and May, WE will be doing this!

I have checked with one of the places I was thinking of possibly having this on price. There are a few others that I would like to also check into before I make any commitments and so forth.

Hotels will be up to each individual if you need to get a room for the weekend. If you do and would like to see if I can get a group rate...then let me know.

If you would or no someone that would like to set up vending, then please let me know by Jan.

I will be working on this and let you all know as progress is made. I apologize for leaving everyone kind of in the lurch about things. It won't happen again! :)

Facebook will have a new page and you can also check there for more info...
As before, I would appreciate email addresses ( not sure I have everyone's that sent before) so let's start fresh and pm those to me please...

Thanks again! And this will happen!

Pixi ( Jolene )

Pixi
10-22-2015, 11:22 AM
Okay! I had a very busy weekend this post and week so now I am ready to go full throttle on our Artist retreat.

May is our "May Festival of the arts" So it just seems appropriate that we hold our retreat during this time. We will be having our retreat for three days...Friday, Saturday and Sunday.This gives ample time for us to also be able to spend some free time downtown historical Eureka and maybe take a tour.

There will be a questionnaire coming up soon so keep a look out...please make sure to pm me your email and friend me on FB so I can add you to the event: JoleneWagnerAnold.

I will be adding a couple of you to help as there have been a few to volunteer.
I have had a person or two that can't actually"do" anything but have posted to donate for for prizes. This helps very very much!! So if you can donate that is a big, BIG help and we are very grateful!

Be back soon with more updates

Pixi:wub:

Hazartist1
10-22-2015, 02:04 PM
I would be interested if we could get a car pooling thingy going in Ohio. Can you keep me in the loop just in case I can come?

Pixi
10-22-2015, 11:47 PM
I sure can Hazartist1! Just send a Friend request to my FB acct. or send me a Pm here with your email info and keep an eye out here also. :) Hope you can make it! :)

Pixi
11-04-2015, 12:43 PM
HI EVERYONE!! :jiggy:

Just wanted to pop in and let everyone know I've started working on finding a place to hold this and possibly a motel that can also accommodate holding the retreat with also discounts for everyone who stays...I will keep you posted.

Will need to know by the first of the year for sure final count so we can work towards that accordingly...So make plans! :)

Also a reminder, whoever wants info, to come, etc...send me an email address and I will send you my FB acct.info for the event.

It's going to be great y'all!!! :)

mzspurslasso
11-04-2015, 01:42 PM
I'm happy to donate goodies whether or not I am able to make it.

tascarini
11-04-2015, 07:44 PM
I'm thinking about it too if I can get vacation

ipaintu@hotmail.com

Pixi
11-05-2015, 01:31 AM
Woo hoo! Tascarini! Would love to have you!! :)

Pixi
11-08-2015, 02:02 AM
Hey everyone! when you send me a friend request on facebook, could you please send a message to let me know it is you and that you are from here please? :) I am getting friend requests from people I do not know, and that I am not sure where they are coming from. Could be games, could be weirdos, noooo telling, so I need to know it's you. :)

thank you very much!

Monday I will be writing a post here about group link, things that are already decided as far as activities, but still working on place to meet and such. Hopefully I will have that for you by the end of the week. :)

Any ideas please feel free to let me know!

I will be adding those that have sent emails to my list and such...so be looking for an email from me very soon! :)

Thanks and I am getting really excited guys! :jiggy: :jiggy: :jiggy: :jiggy:

Pixi
11-24-2015, 05:44 PM
Hey everyone! Go to first of the thread here where I have all the info and it is updated. I have found a place to hold the meetings and for FREE! :) So, times and dates are as follows and listed there on the main page. :)

Stay tuned for follow ups here, emails and on the event page on FB that I WILL get up and going! Contact me in a pm here, if you have not joined my FB page.

Also there is a wonderful lady that has offered to help me here also...she will be a wonderful addition and right here in Eureka which helps tremendously!!

Next I will need to know who is going to Car Pool, Who will be willing to share a room, who will want a room to themselves, etc...so I know what to look for in accomodations for you all. :)

Very excited here! HOw about y'all?!

tellurien
11-24-2015, 05:53 PM
Depending on new job and financial position, I will either need a room for myself and wife or we will drive back and forth each day. I prefer a room though.... I know I will be participating in the retreat, but she may just be there to enjoy the trip. We will know closer when the classes are finalized and if there is anything she might be interested in.

Sean

Photopam
12-11-2015, 09:33 AM
I am assuming this in May? But I see June listed as well. Just want to be sure so I can see if I can make it! :)

Pixi
12-12-2015, 02:50 PM
UPDATE!

First, I have changed the date-for the last time. AS you can see in the info box at the beginning of this thread it is now in the middle of June. I remembered that I have had a few ladies that wanted to come, but couldn't if i was in May cause of school children in school. Also, my daughter teaches, so she would not have been able to come in May either. Soooo, with that said, it is not in June and will not change again. :) I am sorry for the mix up and inconvenience it might have caused.

Second, I have a email address and will soon have a new FB acct. JUST for this event. I can keep it more in line this way, and it will benefit everyone to be able to talk here and so forth with just each other. So when I get the FB acct. made I will give you the info. PM for new email address...those of you that want to go. I will pm those that have already specified that they want to and have sent me their email addresses. If you have NOT received an email from me by the Monday ( Dec. 14th) then by all means, shoot me one here and I will take care of getting you added.

Thirdly, I will be taking care of every thing that needs to be more or less taken care of with in the first couple of months of the new year. So you will be getting notices probably weekly for a while on info and such. I will also be sending out a Packet with info such as; Motel info, cost for classes ( if any ), what you will need as far as supplies and the like. What classes you would like to register for ( so we get a good idea who will be in what) and a tentative schedule of times and the like to give you an idea of what is planned and at what times. When it is finalized I will post it in the event page on our FB acct. :)

If there are any questions regarding anything to do with the event, please feel free to contact me here or at the email address I will provide in the email.

Thank you! :)

Pixi
12-12-2015, 05:42 PM
I have made the new FB acct. and this is ( I hope) the link : (Pixi Arnold)https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010921231536

tellurien
01-04-2016, 03:36 AM
I sent a friend request you never accepted...

I have made the new FB acct. and this is ( I hope) the link : (Pixi Arnold)https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010921231536

Pixi
01-04-2016, 04:10 AM
I sent a friend request you never accepted...

I haven't been on that one with the holidays and all. I am, however, going to start getting things in gear full throttle now and I'm going to send out info to everyone and RSVP' S by the end of this month or the first of next. I have a lady also that can do t-shirts, so will have those for people to order...

Pixi
01-06-2016, 11:19 PM
UPDATE:

I have just found out that I will be starting a new job and that during tourist season the work hours and such will not be very flexible. I am thinking of either postponing yet again, ( I am sorry...job is important to us right now) or having it in October or there about when the tourist season slows down. I hope you all can understand and either, we can have someone else plan this years after all...or just wait and we can do it in October. Let me know here.

I know Sean is in basically the same boat and it might be better for him too. Then there is no rush to get time off right away or what have you. So anyway, let me know guys and we will go from there. :)

thank you for your understanding and support.
Pixi ( Jolene )

tascarini
01-07-2016, 10:18 AM
Thinking about it if I can get out of work

tascarini
01-07-2016, 10:19 AM
October would be better for me anyway