Witches and Their Familiars, hand drawn or painted, due April 3 2015

icekat

Art is my anti-drug.
Media
Due: April 3, 2015
Withdraw Date: just let me know prior to due date
Swapping: 3 for 3 or 6 for 6
Unlimited players
Mediums: Hand drawn or painted (collage isn't great for this theme)

Whatsit?
There is an old tradition of witches having an animal companion that they are bound to and who helps them in magical endeavors. Almost any animal can be a familiar, if it's one that would be a companion animal. The most common is a cat, of course, though rats, ferrets, birds, dogs, goats, and many others have been known.

A familiar is not the same as a totem animal or power animal, or a spirit animal. This is an actual living animal that usually shares our home or farm. This does not preclude wild creatures, but it is far less common as ideally the animal works closely and is very bonded to the witch. For this reason the familiar is often seen as a pet to others.

You must include the witch and the animal on your card.

ATC Details
Please be sure your card conforms to ATC standards for size, and do not send anything too flimsy or with pieces falling off. Your substrate should at least be cardstock. Be sure to put your cards into sleeves for protection.

I do not accept stickers as the primary image for an ATC in my swaps. For collage you should be combining at least 3 images to create something original, such as an different head and arms onto a dress and a background of some sort.

Cards that do not conform to the rules will be returned at the player's expense and will not be swapped out here. I'm not mean about these things, I just want everyone to get back returns that reflect a suitable amount of work and originality.

Postage
Please do not send SASE unless you're in Canada, as US postage DOES NOT work from here. I will supply envelopes.
US players: $1.25
International: $2 in US or Canadian funds.
Canada: $1 or appropriate stamp
If your cards are heavy or you're sending more than 3, please add extra postage to accommodate. You can pay by PayPal with an additional $0.50 for fees, just PM me for details.

An extra host card on theme is wonderful, but certainly not mandatory nor expected for participation.

Do note that we are in Canada, and allow enough time for your cards to arrive. That pesky border can add a few extra days. Also, if you must drop out, please let me know as soon as you can so we don't hold up the swap waiting unnecessarily for you. Cards must arrive on time (or early!), must all be in sleeves, and should be your best effort.

Please include a large, filled-out address label and I will supply the return envelope. NO SASE please, unless you're in Canada. We cannot mail out with anything but Canadian postage. See above for amounts to send. Please don't send those tiny return address labels, as Canada Post goes into convulsions about that.

Please PM me for the addy when you are ready to mail out.
Thanks all!

Players!
Me!--done!
1) Phrixy
2) AganaBelea--received
3) Linda4atc--received
4) woodenmango--received
5) neekahbelle--received
6) NatashaMay--received

Last edited:
Welcome, everyone! Sorry I was absent, I'm recovering from a bad stomach bug. But I'm starting to feel better, and will be ready to make art!

Hope you lurkers return. The art on the first round of this swap was gorgeous!

Finished my cards, hope you like them!

1_WitchesAndFamiliars1.jpg

1_WitchesAndFamiliars2.jpg

1_WitchesAndFamiliars3.jpg

icekat, can you please PM me your address?

Oh, goodness, I blinked and awesome happened! Wonderful cards posted, both of you!!!

Phrixy was up making cards last night too, so this is wonderful! I didn't get to see them before leaving for work, so I'll have to peek when I get home. I'm going to try to do some myself tomorrow/this weekend.

Anyone ready for mailing, message me for the address!

Last edited:
Glad to see things are picking up! I hope some lurkers come to play too!
Planning to have an art jam at the coffee shop this weekend, so I should have mine to show soon. I was picking out references last night.

Almost done my cards! Phrixy was painting with me at the coffee shop. I don't often like doughnuts, but I really have a thing for Honey Crueller Timbits. Their salted caramel ones are pretty good too...

Neekabelle's lovely cards have arrived safely from Germany!

And I managed to finish my 3 at last! The two cats in the moonlight pic in the middle are 2 of mine: Parsa and Pixie.

Thanks, guys!

AganaBelea's lovelies have arrived.

I'll be doing iTraders once everyone's cards are in, just so you know, but I'm recording arrivals on the first post.

Back
Top Bottom