PDA

View Full Version : AFA DOWNUNDER LIVE MEET SYDNEY 2015

Mouseit
05-13-2015, 12:02 AM
AFA DOWNUNDER MEET
Wednesday 30th September - Friday 2nd October 2015
SYDNEY – AUSTRALIA

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6490/medium/1_welcome.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6490/medium/1_bridge.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6490/small/1_Waldorf.jpg
Waldorf Apartments – Rosehill Sydney (Parramatta)

Ok Here we go again! After another highly successful Downunder Meet in New Zealand, Sydney was lucky enough to get the vote for the next live meet for 2015. This has been set down for the last day in September and the first few days in October 2015 - I know a long way off at present - but that date will come around very quickly.

There are more and more of us AFA'ers in Australia and New Zealand and the number is growing.

The event hosts will be Cathy1, Mouseit, D-Dazzled71, Mimi and Jonquil and if judging by the last Meet, we are in for a load of fun.

The event will be held at the Waldorf Apartments – Rosehill Sydney (Parramatta), about 1 hour from Sydney International airport (we can pick you up), or there is a pre-need-to-book shuttle bus to the door. We will be just a trains ride from all the tourist locations, with the added pleasure of only being 5 minutes from the Craft shop.
Alice from AliceinPaperland has gone to a lot of effort on our behalf to find us decent, affordable Motel, although it says Apartments its actually rooms or suites whatever you wish to have. If you are wanting to book room/s, we have not yet decided if we will do it as a block booking or if individuals want to book their own rooms. This will be our first question to those attending.

We are looking for an indication of interest only at this stage so we can gauge numbers - so post to this thread and I will compile a list of those interested.

We have Alice in AliceinPaperland offering some great classes and also anyone who would like to offer to do a class of some technique or craft, please let me know asap as there is an information sheet to fill in for the program.

So who is joining Donnacr, Mouseit, D-Dazzled71 and Mimi, Jonquil in a glass of champagne (or Baileys) to kick off the event????

I will keep the list below update: We will have some supporters following us from afar and we hope to update you as to happenings during our time together. Others will be attending the event and I will note that on the list as well.

COMING:
Mouseit
D-Dazzled71
Donnacr
Kiwicsi
Win-G-Girl
Mesektet
4 Ladies from Port Macquarie
3 Ladies from Sydney

Jonquil - Maybe

FOLLOWING:
Cathy1 - Athon Hostess
Platypus
Vikinglady

kiwicsi
05-13-2015, 06:08 AM
I'll be there! :D :jiggy:

neca84
05-13-2015, 07:06 AM
:( sadly no

bigfatpurplerat
05-13-2015, 07:11 AM
Sorry, I won't be able to make it. Have fun though!

Mouseit
05-13-2015, 08:14 AM
So sad some of you can't make it...never mind that just means we have to have your fun for you too...LOL

Suzanne33 - You won't regret it if you do come! I PROMISE!!!

Mouseit
05-13-2015, 08:14 AM
Whoops meant to say Welcome Kiwi will add you girl.... sorry I forgot you....

Riverina
05-13-2015, 05:32 PM
Will be sure to attend. This gives me the opportunity to launch into the world of ATC's first hand.
It will be so special to be able to meet people from other beautiful lands.
May I give a huge welcome from down under.
Endless thanks for those who have arranged this event and given us the platform for such wonderful opportunity.
with much gratitude,
winggirl.

Mouseit
05-13-2015, 06:20 PM
Will put you on the "Coming list" Win-G-Girl, you will just love it....

Mouseit
05-14-2015, 06:53 AM
Oh Well there is always Tasmania next year lastpetunia!

D-dazzled71
05-14-2015, 07:51 PM
I am definitely looking at coming! I.m not sure about Mimi though Mouseit, I haven't spoken with her in ages, you may need to email her the details as I don't think she is active much here on AFA.

Mouseit
05-14-2015, 08:01 PM
Thanks for that Dani, I will do so... the invite is out there all over the place in face book etc too.. will make sure she knows about it!!

kiwicsi
05-14-2015, 09:16 PM
I hope Mimi can make it!

Mouseit
05-15-2015, 12:25 AM
Jules make sure you encourage her over on Facebook...LOL

LongTallJules
05-16-2015, 07:00 AM
Thinking....

Mesektet
05-17-2015, 08:26 AM
Put me down as attending =). I've never gone to an event like this before, so I'm pretty excited.

Mouseit
05-17-2015, 09:30 AM
Mesektet - Whoohooo glad you are coming....

Mouseit
05-18-2015, 08:03 AM
QUESTION 1: Do you members that are attending want to book your own rooms or do you want us to book them in a block?

Mouseit
05-18-2015, 07:05 PM
Hmm all you people are sleepy people today.....

Mouseit
05-19-2015, 06:22 PM
Ok Question 2: Does anyone want to share a technique they enjoy or want to show us how to do?

Mesektet
05-20-2015, 04:14 AM
Well, having never been to one before, I'm not sure how to answer, but I'll try.

1. I think I would prefer them booked as a block because that sounds easier for me. However, it sounds more difficult for whoever has to book them, so I don't mind if I have to book my own.

2. Could you tell us what kind of techniques were shown last year?

Mouseit
05-20-2015, 07:23 AM
Mesektet - This was the thread for the last one..... New Zealand Meet 2014 (http://atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27599) might find info there or I could email the program we had to you which would be great.
If you want to PM me your email address I will send the last program....

Mouseit
05-20-2015, 07:26 AM
The only trouble is each are different...LOL Different attendees etc..different classes too

kiwicsi
05-20-2015, 06:45 PM
Are we getting a special rate if we mention that we're part of the arty group?

I will have to organise our booking sometime soon because we're flying in to Sydney a few days ahead of the meet for a family holiday and would prefer to stay in the city for ease of getting around. Then we could shift house just before the meet kicks off.

Mouseit
05-21-2015, 08:01 PM
Kiwi, I am not sure, Alice from Aliceinpaperland did the research and she is away over seas right now, and I am waiting for her to come back so I can ask her the question.... I am sure we would get the group rate.. at least I hope so! she isn't back for 2 weeks yet, so I will find out as soon as I can.

Maybe I could call her replacement for the month..LOL

Donnacr
05-23-2015, 05:39 AM
I have the dates in my diary but we currently don't know where we will be at that time. I will be coming if at all possible.
If I come I am happy to teach an iris folding class if people would be interested.
I would also be happy to be part of a block booking for rooms.

We are hoping to have more definite placements within a month. :(

Mouseit
05-25-2015, 12:43 AM
Wonderful Donna! Will be lovely to see you again, I have missed you! Hope you find out soon whats going on and where you will be.... with any luck.. SYDANEY... LOL

Have you registered as a tutor, which is lovely of you! Thanks!

Mouseit
05-26-2015, 12:11 AM
Looks Like the Accommodation Blocking is winning.....

Mouseit
05-26-2015, 11:25 PM
Helloo Ladies!!!

Mouseit
05-27-2015, 10:03 PM
Welcome to Thursday Ladies! (Just bumping the thread heehee)

bluesybreeze
05-28-2015, 10:57 AM
Hello! I am interested. The timing is great for me, however I will have to wait and see about the money situation. I have always wanted to go to Australia and would love to meet all of you.

Mouseit
05-29-2015, 12:24 AM
Bluesybreeze You are most welcome to come!!! We will put you on the maybe list...heehee

Mouseit
05-31-2015, 09:41 PM
UPDATE: Hopefully Alice will be back from overseas soon and we can have the conversation about the block or single booking deal.....

Mouseit
06-01-2015, 09:02 PM
Wonders if I am talking to myself......

Mouseit
06-01-2015, 09:39 PM
Darn Suzanne33 a pity.... its a great couple of days....

vikinglady
06-01-2015, 09:53 PM
OH oh oh! Thanks for the invite Mouseit and so sorry for the late response. I have been living out in the bush near the Alaska border since late April and just making my way home now. Time to go back to the city to pay bills and cut my grass ha ha! This invite is sooooooo tempting as I had such a great time at last year's meet. Let me get home and settled and I'll get back to you. :)

Mouseit
06-03-2015, 01:16 AM
Wish I was out in the bush! Would love it!
You know you would love coming again Vikinglady cos you can also visit your Sydney friends....LOL

kiwicsi
06-03-2015, 01:53 AM
I sure hope you can make it, Viking lady!!!

Cathy1
06-03-2015, 03:16 AM
So the bad news is......I won't be joining you all this time. I am really disappointed but I have an appointment I just can't break. I have been invited to judge a really prestigious show on 30th September which clashes with the Meet.

The good news is that I will be the hostess for the Athon whilst you are all arting your hearts out.

I was so looking forward to seeing all my old friends and making new ones but I am sure we can Skype at some time during the Athon.

I saw on the net in the last few days that Paper Squared in Melbourne was closing. Some of us spent the day - yes the day - there when the meet was in that city. We came home with a car load of goodies, some I have yet to use LOL. if they are still open next week when I am in Melbourne I might try and get there to grab some more goodies lol.

kiwicsi
06-03-2015, 05:41 AM
Bummer, Cathy! :( :( :( We'll really miss you!

Mouseit
06-03-2015, 07:52 AM
Yep real bummer Cathy, but it lets my hubby off coming with me... *sigh* He was already whinging.

I will be taking my ipad so skype is always an option....

Dragon597
06-03-2015, 09:11 PM
You know if the airfare alone wasn't $2000,:eek: I would definitely be there!

Mouseit
06-03-2015, 09:16 PM
Ok girls we are looking for someone in Sydney or around Sydney, who will be driving in, who can be our "Send to" person. Those of us who fly in will send tools, gifts, baggie goodies etc so we don't have to carry them on planes.

Any Takers???

kiwicsi
06-04-2015, 02:36 PM
Is Jonquil coming to the meet?

Mouseit
06-04-2015, 06:55 PM
Kiwi, I have spoken to her, but she hasn't said yes or no yet, I am assuming she will be coming...

adventurer
06-06-2015, 10:59 PM
Will follow your adventures

Mouseit
06-11-2015, 09:43 PM
Still no takers for someone to receive our Gift baggy stuff in Sydney??? LOL so no-one wants any goodie bags?/ Hmmm

Mouseit
06-11-2015, 09:48 PM
Which reminds me I have to get bags....... how many coming so far???

SIX... whohooo lots of fun for this 6 ladies!!! heehee

Donnacr
06-12-2015, 11:04 PM
I am tired of waiting for my husband's job to be finalised - I have made him promise that I can fly to Sydney no matter where we are! I guess if you have me down as a tutor I had better turn up :wacko: :P;)

With the group booking of the rooms I am planning on arriving a day early so that I can get over my 2 days of travelling (I can't sleep on planes or in waiting. . .and waiting. . .and waiting rooms). Have we any more information on what is happening with the rooms?

Donnacr
06-12-2015, 11:07 PM
Forgot to mention that I will be bringing some little knick knacks from Indonesia for our goodies bags.
Can't find any craft things here but very good at finding lots of little touristy things.

Mouseit
06-13-2015, 12:25 AM
Sounds great Donna, glad you got that promise...LOL That makes us 7....

I am planning on being there at least 2 days ahead of everyone else, maybe 3 just so I can get things organised - like the goodie bags. Touristy things will be great.

As to Booking rooms, I will talk to Alice this week so we know where we are, as she was overseas, but should be back now....

Donnacr
06-14-2015, 09:28 AM
Thanks for all your chasing around for us Ruth - it is much appreciated!!

If you would like some help with the goody bags, etc just tell me what date you are arriving and I will see if I can arrive at a similar time.

Mouseit
06-14-2015, 08:16 PM
That would be really welcome Donna, I haven't booked any flights yet, but plan on doing so very shortly!

Cathy1
06-15-2015, 10:56 PM
This is getting so close now.. Perhaps we can Skype each other - what do you say Vikinglady, then we would feel we were there LOL.

Mouseit
06-15-2015, 11:35 PM
Oh don't say that I haven't got the program finished yet!!! LOL

Donnacr
06-19-2015, 11:44 AM
So that I can do some preparation for my lesson on iris folding - have any of the people coming to the Meet done this before?

I am planning on having some pre-cut cards for you to use so I need to know what sort of standard to aim for. The only supplies that you will need will be a roll of 6mm double sided tape and something to cut it with - it would be helpful if you could bring a craft knife but not necessary.

vikinglady
06-19-2015, 06:36 PM
It still is a maybe with regards to this meet. I'm just needing an answer from the hubby on dates he needs to be away etc. If he is away the same time I am then it's a matter of a house/dog sitter. Stay tuned ... I wouldn't want to miss this meet. I had so much fun with you crazy women last year and would love also the opportunity to meet more AFA members. I'll check back with y'all soon. :)

Mouseit
06-23-2015, 12:27 AM
Ok girls, I have now spoken to Alice - we have been playing phone tag for quite some time...LOL

Alice has offered us 2 classes : One a journaling one (thought you all would like that) and there is a new developer of Australian ink stamps that she is offering a class in.

So we have for classes:
1. Journaling
2. Iris Folding
3. Ink Stamping
4. My Class - I forget what its called
5. If I can talk Dani into sharing something we will be well on the way to having a program.

Any further suggestions or have I missed someone's offer of a class?
(VikingLady - always room for you to do a class if you are coming)

Now Accommodation..... see next post!

Mouseit
06-23-2015, 02:35 AM
ACCOMMODATION:
Alice is looking into our accommodation on Monday, (she is away at her 2nd store til then) to make sure we all get our Group booking discount, so she will be talking to them and giving them a password so to speak so that you can all book separately we use the password as this is the best option for her. (Sorry if anyone finds this difficult please contact me personally and I will see what I can do)

She will also be talking to them about the cost of the "crafting" room to see how expensive that will be, as we share the costs. I have also asked her to look at the cost of a suite that has 2 bedrooms and a BIG Lounge that we could craft in if the room is to expensive, to see if this will cut our costs down...... I await for Monday or Tuesday!

Amaranth
06-24-2015, 05:48 PM
This sounds like fun! Maybe if it's still running in a few years I'll be able to abandon the girls with their dad and come along :)

Mouseit
06-24-2015, 07:52 PM
Amaranth, I know we will be having one next year in Tassie...LOL After that I have not thought to much as its supposed to be in New Zealand.....

Who knows where it will end up! I am keeping my fingers crossed though.

Amaranth
06-24-2015, 08:16 PM
Ooh, NZ! I have in-laws there, so I could bring the girls. Well only in Hawkes Bay...

Mouseit
06-24-2015, 11:51 PM
Well Amaranth its options...LOL Not sure which lady is hosting that yet...

Mouseit
06-25-2015, 12:10 AM
Ok Attendees: Mouseit, D-Dazzled71, Donnacr, Kiwicsi, Mimi - Maybe, Win-G-Girl and Mesektet and anyone else who is thinking about coming....

3 THINGS YOU NEED TO START NOW:
1. You need to make yourself a name badge. Be as creative as you like, just remember you have to wear it on your chest..LOL (There is usually a prize for the best/most creative one)

2. You can start to make a signature ATC - one for everyone that is coming- 7 so far. This is usually a card that represents you and how you see yourself. (I will add mine from last years ATC meet to show you what I did, but of course this is all up to you!)

And 3. Start your collection of cards that you would like to have in a folder to trade with the other attendies. I find it easiest to sometimes do an extra card, can be the same as another you are doing. In Australian swaps they do 9 the same, I have started doing 10 so 1 will go into my trading folder.

If anyone would like to put up any examples of their signature cards please do!

That's it for now..... Please read next post!

Mouseit
06-25-2015, 12:14 AM
ATTENDEES: Does anyone mind if we invite some craft starved ladies from Port Macquire to our classes?
This is a way to cut costs for us attending classes and ie The craft room, and other things.

These ladies are NOT atc makers, but I am sure we can convert them.
Your thoughts anyone?

bsvab
06-25-2015, 02:12 AM
How cool

Mouseit
06-25-2015, 08:26 AM
bsvab, it sure is and having been to other live meets its an amazing time had by all... you interested? I notice you don't have far to go.....

Mouseit
06-25-2015, 08:57 AM
Sample of Signature cards, 2013 and 2014 and back of 2013.
2013http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6490/small/1_signature_card.jpg
2014http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6490/small/1_2014_Signature_card.jpg
Back 2013http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/6490/small/1_back_of_signature.jpg

kiwicsi
06-25-2015, 02:56 PM
Ruth, the more the merrier, and I'm all for keeping costs down. :D

Mesektet
06-25-2015, 05:21 PM
I also don't mind if other crafty people are invited to the classes. Like kiwicsi said, the more, the merrier.

Mouseit
06-25-2015, 08:24 PM
Thank you ladies for opening your hearts, I am sure they will share as much as we do with them.

bsvab
06-26-2015, 08:25 PM
Not sure. My daughter has some auditions around that time, so I will see when I get all the dates

D-dazzled71
06-27-2015, 03:44 AM
Hi Everyone, sorry I've been awol. I've been dealing with a few with a few health issues but am now on the mend.........Mouseit definitely put me down for a class, I will let you know in the next few weeks of what it will be. Viking Lady it would be so lovely to have you joining us down under again this year......and I am looking forward to meeting some new faces here too........ :)

D-dazzled71
06-27-2015, 03:50 AM
Mouseit, are you still looking for someone to receive and look after the stuff for goodies bags? I am not 100% sure just yet but we will probably be driving down so could take care of this for you.

Mouseit
06-28-2015, 08:25 AM
D-Dazzled, lovely I have you in for a class, and I also would love to take you up on the gifts for the bag collection point. Donna and I will be coming in early to do the bagging etc, so if you do the collecting is it possible for you to come in a day earlier??

I was getting desperate as I am sure I would love to be asking our friends all over if they have something to go in them.....LOL

Mouseit
06-28-2015, 08:34 AM
bsvsab, well if you can make it we would love to meet with you!!

Mouseit
06-28-2015, 08:35 AM
Anyone heard from Gail????

MistiKo
06-28-2015, 10:01 PM
I am hoping that I will be able to make it to one of your gatherings "down under" one day. It's not in the cards for this year (I'll be weaving in Oaxaca Mexico in October). I've really enjoyed the folks I've met at the Seattle, Bellingham and Arizona events. Lovely people.

Mouseit
06-29-2015, 11:52 PM
Mistiko, well its here in Tasmania next year, so you might make that!!!

kiwicsi
06-30-2015, 12:08 AM
I've always wanted to go to Tassie, but I don't think I'll be able to make next year's meet. The cost of getting to Tasmania from NZ is ridiculous and since hubby and I are spending our 20th anniversary in Hawai'i next year, I don't see me being able to justify the cost of two overseas trips! :swoon:

Mouseit
06-30-2015, 01:30 AM
OK: ACCOMMODATION - Alice has now got back to me and anyone wanting a room they range from $ 165 for a shared room (which means its only half that and I am sure you can organise yourselves) and $ 175 if you want breakfast as well.

NOW: Waldorf Apartments – Rosehill Sydney - YOU MUST ASK FOR EMAD (the gentleman is expecting us to ring/email)
The booking is under ALICE IN PAPERLAND - which means you will get the special group rate - you need to let him know its under Alice in paperland.- those of you wanting a room of your own or a family room it will be a bit more, BUT I was told by Alice that a couple would be $ 165. Over all its not bad if you want to share a room... $82.50 a night. I am going to be taking a double room for myself, in the hope that I will get a big room that we can party in.. heehee.

Mouseit
06-30-2015, 01:33 AM
I've always wanted to go to Tassie, but I don't think I'll be able to make next year's meet. The cost of getting to Tasmania from NZ is ridiculous and since hubby and I are spending our 20th anniversary in Hawai'i next year, I don't see me being able to justify the cost of two overseas trips! :swoon:

Oh Pooh that means no magician entertainment!!!

Mouseit
07-01-2015, 09:51 PM
Ok Girls, anyone wanting to send goodies for the goodies bags, Dani has offered to be the collector, to get her address please PM d-dazzled71.

Thanks heaps!

Mesektet
07-09-2015, 02:33 AM
I've got a question about booking flights/accommodation. Are we supposed to be arriving on the Wednesday morning and then leaving on the Friday afternoon or should we aim to arrive earlier/leave later?

Also, what kind of things should we send for goodie bags?

Mouseit
07-09-2015, 11:06 AM
Ok You can fly in Wednesday afternoon and out Saturday morning.. you will be all tied up crafting and having fun on Thursday and Friday........That is of course if you don't want a day or two to do the touristy thing......I am told the trains are good from our location and the bridge and opera house are a must see..... I am going to see if I can do a touristy thing on Saturday/Sunday as I will be in early and out late on Monday.....

kiwicsi
07-09-2015, 02:24 PM
Aren't we crafting on the Wednesday as well? We did three days last year.

lemurkat
07-09-2015, 06:49 PM

Just looked it up on Air New Zealand and it's like $360 one way ($750 or so return) from Christchurch. That's not too bad. It's cheaper than Darwin was. We're probably going to fly to Melbourne first, do a trip around there, then cross to Hobart (possible independently, I may leave my husband in Melbourne for a few days) and possibly fly home from there.

I'll miss another kiwi face, and of course the magic act, but I'm not 100% sure we'll be going yet (since by then we shall hopefully have a mortgage/house and therefore less money).

Hawaii is awesome - I hope you're giong to see more than just Oahu? I can highly recommend the "big island" and Kauai was quite nice too. We have to go back some time to explore Maui.

kiwicsi
07-10-2015, 02:45 AM
:) Christchurch is always cheaper to fly to tassie frpm than auckland. Last time I checked the fares were over $1000. :eek:

Yes we are definitely going to see beyond Oahu. One of the things I really want to do is the road to hana. :D

Mouseit
07-10-2015, 03:11 AM
Just a little reminder that Tassie is a BIG place, and you don't want to fly into Hobart as its a 7 Hour trip from here one way to come get you...LOL...which I WILL NOT BE DOING....heehee so anyone thinking of flying you need to fly from Melbourne to either Launceston or Devonport.....which ever is cheaper for you. I think there is also a cheaper airline that flies into Burnie (but the airport is at Wynyard)

You might also consider taking the ship "Spirit of Tasmania" - The voyage over is great. Might be cheaper again....

Mouseit
07-10-2015, 03:14 AM
SO Back to Sydney - Kiwi you are very correct, It should be three days, I am going to have to reevaluate the costings for classes and for the venue, and get Alice to add Wednesday on..... Wed, Thurs and Friday....
SO we will be looking for more class tutors please....

lemurkat
07-10-2015, 05:02 AM
Thanks for that Mouseit! Didn't know what end you were on. I imagine we'll want to fly OUT of Hobart though, since we want to see as much of the island as we can.

Was looking at the ferry earlier, wondering if it might be cheaper than flight + overnight accomodation, but Jetstar seems the cheapest. Not sure they fly into Devonport though. No, but they do Launcester.

Mouseit
07-10-2015, 06:11 AM
lemurkat, yep jetstar are the cheaper part of our Qantas airline...they area good group to fly with.

Mouseit
07-13-2015, 07:48 AM
Ok The girls who are going to do the classes, may I have your email addresses please in PM so that I can send you the form for your class requirements etc for you to fill in for the program please.

Cathy1
07-17-2015, 04:32 AM
Just dropped in to see how everyone is going. Sounds like Mouseit has planning well under way. Just wished I could be there with you all.

Mouseit
07-19-2015, 12:32 AM
I wish you were coming too Cathy1! I am going to miss your advice, but as luck would have it I get Donnacr back.. heehee

Cathy1
07-19-2015, 03:26 PM
Mouseit, I did intend to surprise you on the second day by turning up but we are moving to Auckland next month and starting a new job. Things are very hectic as you can imagine with selling our house and moving to another city so I will have to catch up with everyone in tasmania next year.

Nevermind, I will be on line during the Meet with the Athon. Hopefully I will be able to share some of the fun,

Mouseit
07-19-2015, 09:57 PM
Cathy1! ~ Auckland! my goodness, now I will have to come and stay with you there! LOL Ok Happy packing (cos I know how much you have to pack) PS Think of our giftie bags if you don't want to pack it....*laughs*

LOL I would have loved to have been surprised, but I guess you should look at hosting the AFA Meet in 2017...LOL

Mouseit
07-20-2015, 12:44 AM
OMG !!! FLIGHTS BOOKED!! ROOM BOOKED!!!! (I get to stay for the whole week) CRAFT ROOM BOOKED AND DEPOSIT PAID!! I am all set and ready to go!!!
And I might say Emad is just lovely!!! Hope you girls get busy organising your stay real soon!!!

Not excited much can't you tell.... heehee

Mouseit
07-20-2015, 12:48 AM
And yes Kiwi the room is booked for THREE days of crafting!!!

Mouseit
07-21-2015, 08:33 PM
Good Morning ladies, WE ONLY HAVE 10 WEEKS TODAY!!!

I hope you have booked your room, and are ready to have great fun creating along with us all.
We are still looking for a couple of people who are willing to share their favourite thing with us, could be a card, a technique or just something they find fun to do.. Please put your hand u-p, I need to get the program in place within the next 4 weeks or we will have spaces in the program!!

Mouseit
07-21-2015, 08:57 PM
I just realised I will have to get my items for the gift bags in the mail to Dani too or they might not arrive in time.. OHOH......

kiwicsi
07-22-2015, 12:10 AM
I'd like to put my hand up Mousie and host a class on altered tags. I will bring the materials in individual Ziploc bags but everyone will need their own scissors and glue. Let me know what details you require for the programme.

Mouseit
07-22-2015, 06:41 PM
Kiwi that's fabulous! Thank you very much! I will send you the tutor form via email to you. I think I still have it but you might like to remind me via PM what it is...LOL

Mouseit
07-23-2015, 08:50 PM
One more thing to think about ladies!

TRADE TABLE: All ladies are asked to bring a few things for the trade table : how it works, you bring 3 things you are entitled to choose 3 things to take away from the table. So the more the merrier!

Heehee I was working through the program and forgot that..... I guess there will be more when I come across them.....

kiwicsi
07-24-2015, 05:54 AM
In the process of booking a one bedroom apartment for 4 nights. Emad is very prompt at replying to emails!! :)

Mouseit
07-25-2015, 09:35 AM
oooooo Told you he was good!

Mouseit
07-26-2015, 03:59 AM
Ok Tutors of classes, I am now working on the program and what is required for your classes, so please send me back those class forms asap please. This will also help me to put the final costings, lists to bring etc together so we all know where we are going....

kiwicsi
07-27-2015, 01:23 AM
oooooo Told you he was good!

He sure is! I've now made payment for the accommodation for this part of our Sydney trip. :)

Donnacr
07-27-2015, 12:20 PM
Getting excited!! :jiggy::jiggy: Have all the details and samples finished for my first class and nearly finished the samples for my 2nd class.

Can't wait to see 'old' faces from the Melbourne Meet and make new friends at this Meet.

I am doing a bit of Australia roaming in the fortnight beforehand so will have been to Melbourne to spend time with 2 children and other family and to Gold Coast to spend a week with my grandson (turning 1 in just over a week!) and family. My Queensland daughter is the person who introduced me to this site and is my crafty child - I am looking forward to spending some creative time with her.

And then I spend an intense 3 days of CREATION with all of you - BLISS!!!

Donnacr
07-27-2015, 12:38 PM
Just booking my internal flights and my husband brought up a good point - the weekend before our Meet is Grand Final weekend for the AFL.
LOTS of people will be travelling that weekend so don't leave booking your flights too late or you may not get there.

Mouseit
07-27-2015, 09:19 PM
OH Very good Advice! I hope those who haven't booked flights are paying attention!

Mouseit
07-29-2015, 03:23 AM
9 WEEKS TO GO!!! whoohooooo

D-dazzled71
07-29-2015, 05:45 PM
Hi Mouseit, I never received your form to fill out re the details and info for my class, can you please email it through for me......:)

Mouseit
07-29-2015, 06:38 PM
OH Well I best get it off to you.. heehee I was wondering why I had not received it yet.. *hangs head*

Mouseit
07-29-2015, 07:02 PM
Dani I thought I had the form on my external hard drive, so was going to send it to you now, I don't so will make sure you get it when I go home tonight from work. Sorry for the delay!

Mouseit
07-30-2015, 07:55 PM
*Whispers* Is there anyone out there?

kiwicsi
07-30-2015, 09:11 PM
Pssst! Mousie, I'm here!

Mouseit
08-03-2015, 12:30 AM
LOL At least someone heard me... *grins* At Julie... Did you get your tutor class form or did I forget you too???

Mesektet
08-03-2015, 02:07 AM
I'm in the process of booking a room for me and my husband. We decided to go with the option that included breakfast =P.

I still have to book flights. I did consider driving, but 10 hours seemed too much. It looks like there's a train station pretty close to the apartments, so we should be okay to get around Sydney.

Mesektet
08-03-2015, 04:22 AM
Flights and room booked! So excited!

Mouseit
08-03-2015, 04:32 AM
Ohh Fabulous Mesektet! I am so excited to be able to meet you in person!!

kiwicsi
08-03-2015, 02:32 PM
I'll try to get the form back to you this week Ruth. I'd do it tonight but I have a dental appointment for an extraction this afternoon. :(

Mouseit
08-04-2015, 08:02 PM
Good Kiwi! I am only waiting a few more and I can finish the program off and let you all know how much it will cost you all... heehee... Plus my $ 1000 admin fee of course.... JUST KIDDING....

Donnacr
08-05-2015, 12:13 AM
Now that the Athon is over I will get on to making my samples for my 2nd class and should be able to get the details to you later today.

Do we know how many extra people will be joining us from Alice's paperland? I just need to know how many sets of instructions to print off, and base cards to make for the iris folding class.

Mouseit
08-05-2015, 02:01 AM
Donna I have no idea how many people are joining us, at this stage I think it will be only us 7 - 10, trying to talk Jonquil and Cathy to come as well.
I must confirm that with her though. Will email her from home!

Mouseit
08-05-2015, 06:46 PM
OMG I can't believe that I am already thinking about what I need to pack.

Dani I will start sending things for the Gift bags tomorrow when I have them sorted.

Program is almost ready just waiting on a few class forms. And we are ready to go whoohoo

Donnacr
08-05-2015, 10:52 PM
I will make sure that I bring 10 of everything - if we have more they will have to share.

Mouseit
08-06-2015, 02:59 AM
LOL Ok Donna, that sounds fair and if that's too many then they can be on the trade table....

Mouseit
08-07-2015, 07:39 AM
Have packed my things for the gift bags, will get them off to Dani this week.

Thinking about my signature cards, not sure what to do yet....

Have a mental blank where my name badge is concerned....LOL

Mouseit
08-07-2015, 07:42 AM
hmmm best put together my class items for the folks too...LOL thank goodness its the weekend!!!

Mouseit
08-09-2015, 03:24 AM
OH My goodness... I am so glad I am going to this live meet, I am privy to the program.. .heehee and you will be too soon... just wait....

Here's a hint ~
There are Altered Tags, Dominoes, organza flowers.... and that's all you get... more teasers soon...

Mouseit
08-11-2015, 05:31 AM
7 WEEKS TO GO!!! whooohooooo

kiwicsi
08-11-2015, 05:48 AM
Better get my passport application filled in and sent off!

Mouseit
08-11-2015, 06:37 PM
OMG You haven't got your passport yet?? LOL You better hurry that along lassie!! heehee we don't let just any ol riff raff in ya know... *laughs*

Mouseit
08-11-2015, 06:41 PM
Hang on a minute..... How come you got into Ozzie land when Melbourne was on?? You just renewing????

kiwicsi
08-11-2015, 11:15 PM
Just renewing, Mousie. I got quite a lot of mileage out of the last one, but it expired in April. :( Now our passports only last for 5 years. Fortunately the turn around time for renewal is less than 2 weeks.

Mouseit
08-12-2015, 02:57 AM
Oh Thank goodness for that Kiwi, I could see the customs officers dragging you away to the cells...LOL

Gesh our passports last 20 years, Mine runs out in 2023..... go figure.... we have all the security items in it too....

kiwicsi
08-12-2015, 05:43 AM
20 years??? That's amazing! :eek:

We're finally reverting back to 10 year passports here - not sure when, though - everyone has kicked up such a huge stink over the 5 year ones.

Donnacr
08-12-2015, 12:45 PM
Hi Ruth, I think that you will find that our Australian ones only last for 10 years - mine runs out in 2023, too and it was new in 2013.
My husband has JUST got his new passport and it runs out in 2025 - it only took 10 days to renew and that included the time it took to send it from Jakarta to Canberra and back (this WAS Embassy mail, not relying on Indonesia Post)!

Halfway through my signature cards - do you want me to upload them when I finish the 10 of them or keep them as a secret? I'm having so much fun thinking about different ways to make them:jiggy::jiggy:

Donnacr
08-12-2015, 12:47 PM
I know that our signature cards have to be ATC size but does our name badge have to be a certain size?

Mouseit
08-12-2015, 06:19 PM
Donna - No please keep your signature cards a secret, that's part of the fun....

As to your Badge, No there is no size limit to it so go for it....just make sure it fits in your case.. heehee and on your chest...LOL

Ah You might be right about the passport being 10 years... I am just having a very tired week this week, I was in bed last night at 10.30 for the first time in just about forever....

Donnacr
08-14-2015, 05:03 AM
Look after yourself and don't overdo the preparations. We can wait for the program, etc if you need to take things slow for a while. We can't have you getting ill.

My husband was wondering if you have received my apron yet as he mailed it last week within Australia.

Mouseit
08-14-2015, 08:34 AM
Donna, its not just the Sydney meet, LOL I am planing a world tour next year and are looking and studying all the places and things I want to do and go then I have to add in what Hubby wants to do (I have a lot on my bucket list).
Then my daughter is coming back home to Tassie for the weekend in October to surprise her best friend for her 30th Birthday. And I need to help her with stuff, and pick her up in Launceston 3 1/2 hours away....
Then there is work on top of that and a Principal who would rather reward a bad student that let them have consequences.....stress stress....

I am actually ok, tonight had a night out with my Mum and a friend and went out to tea, only trouble was it was an hours drive both ways...LOL Mum had an appointment there so we did tea as well.....
SLEEP IN Comes tomorrow and then I have to make pumpkin soup for the craft day we are having on Sunday...LOL See it SNOW BALLS!!!

So I might just be a slow poke in your ATHON this weekend...heehee

Donnacr
08-15-2015, 12:23 PM
WOW!!!!! I think that by now I would be curled up in a corner telling the world to go away.

Keep up the good work mouseit.

I think that there are too many Principals (and parents) who are afraid of giving consequences. My sister is PA to one of the bosses of an international company and she sees the result every time they try to hire someone new - many of the applicants come with a chip on their shoulder and an attitude of entitlement, rather than qualifications and a willingness to work their way to the top. (Don't even get her STARTED on their woeful spelling, grammar and punctuation!!!)

Happy to see you with even 1 card at the Athon - I forgot that this weekend is Indonesian Independence Day. I haven't really been home with all the commitments my husband has - we had a celebration with the Mayor today and we have the Army tomorrow (THEY are the people that you REALLY don't want to annoy, still powerful!)

Mouseit
08-15-2015, 06:52 PM
Well enjoy it, Someone offered to east world help you with hosting the athon, so you are all good, I think its on page 4 or maybe 3...I'd take them up on it...LOL

Happy Independence day for you.....ohhh soldiers in uniform......

Donnacr
08-16-2015, 03:04 AM
yes, even the lead General is only in his 30's and looking GOOD!! so the eye candy is quite magnificent at this celebration

Mouseit
08-16-2015, 06:12 AM
AH HA!! I knew there was a reason you were missing in action.. heeeehee

Mouseit
08-19-2015, 05:15 AM
6 weeks to go ladies!
FOUR things you should be working on...heehee

1. Name Badge
2. Signature cards
3. Cards to Trade
4. A few things for the trade table.

kiwicsi
08-19-2015, 06:21 AM
I've been making up some cards for trading. And I have an idea for my signature cards. :)

Mouseit
08-19-2015, 09:20 PM
I have an idea for my signature card too... heehee

And I have been steadily working on trading cards......

No idea yet as to my name badge... *sigh*

Mouseit
08-22-2015, 07:40 AM
DID SOMEONE SAY 5 1/2 WEEKS??? OMGOODNESS!!!!

Mouseit
08-24-2015, 10:20 PM
5 weeks to go..... I can't believe it!

We also have some other crafters joining us too, so our Numbers are going up! Not sure on the final count yet!
Will let you know if you are a tutor as you might need a few more packs!

kiwicsi
08-24-2015, 11:17 PM
As I said before, the more the merrier. :) Trevor and I have to go to Melbourne a few days after getting back from Sydney (my cousin is getting married) so anything to keep down the expense!!!

Mouseit
08-25-2015, 02:53 AM
Julie you aren't going home to NZ and then back again are you???

kiwicsi
08-25-2015, 02:34 PM
Yes I am. :D Otherwise I would have to take extra annual leave (which I'm saving up for hawaii), keep the dogs in the kennels and pay accommodation for another ten days. An expensive exercise and this is the cheaper option. :)

Mouseit
08-25-2015, 08:17 PM
Its cheaper to go home? Than stay here? How many days are we talking?

kiwicsi
08-25-2015, 09:00 PM
There are ten days between our return from Sydney and leaving again for Melbourne. Accommodation in Sydney doesn't come cheap, and neither does kennel accommodation for two large dogs. :D Besides, our daughter has school for part of that time. And she's not going to Melbourne with us (another saving).

Mouseit
08-25-2015, 09:23 PM
Ah I see, I was going to offer a room at my house if it was only a few days, although in Tassie would be cheaper than flying over and back, but I see you have it all worked out! Cool!

Donnacr
08-26-2015, 02:27 AM
mouseit - how did your Sunday craft day go? At least that is 1 thing off your still huge list!

Mouseit
08-26-2015, 03:50 AM
Donna it was great, we made turtle cards, dinosaur cards and had time to do paper punching...was enjoyed by all.... next one is in November 15th!

kiwicsi
08-26-2015, 02:35 PM
Ah I see, I was going to offer a room at my house if it was only a few days, although in Tassie would be cheaper than flying over and back, but I see you have it all worked out! Cool!

Awww, thanks Ruth. :wubclub: I'll keep that in mind if there's a next time. :D

Donnacr
08-27-2015, 12:07 AM
I just looked at our attendance list and we have 14 people coming!?!?!

mutters to self: Must prepare many more instructions and blanks for classes

Mouseit
08-27-2015, 01:50 AM
Donna YEP we are aiming for 15...LOL the room will take 16!
I have to make up more goodie bags to go in the gift bags because I have done only 12 things for bags....

Wonder if Dani had them yet... she might need to count some of the bead bags for me.. heehee I KNEW I SHOULD HAVE JUST DONE 15 OF EVERYTHING!!!

Mouseit
08-27-2015, 01:51 AM
Which reminds me Donna are you flying in from Indonesia earlier and visiting family first??? If so where are you flying from???

Donnacr
08-27-2015, 10:15 PM
I am looking forward to getting somewhere where having a ticket guarantees you a seat!!
To make sure that I can get out of my little backwater I am, hopefully, leaving Friday afternoon (11/ 9) and staying overnight at the Balikpapan airport hotel (lovely place?!). I fly to Singapore on the Saturday and land in Sydney on the Sunday. I then collect my bags and RUN to make a flight to Melbourne to catch up with 2 of my 3 children, my sisters and Mum, and friends before leaving a week later to fly to Coolangatta airport to visit my other daughter and her family (grandson!!). I leave them on Mon 28 to fly back to Sydney and enjoy the company of all your lovely selves while crafting to my heart's content.

While flying internally I have to watch my baggage allowances but when I leave Sydney after the Meet I have my International allowance and can have another 10 kgs so I am planning to shop BIG!

Mouseit
08-28-2015, 03:56 AM
Donna OHHH That should be a lovely holiday! so technically you are leaving 2 weeks before the meet.(Just checking) I wonder do they have lockers you can hire to off load your heavy stuff for the meet...... who's in Sydney??? You could ask Jonquil to meet you and let her take your craft stuff...LOL

Donnacr
08-29-2015, 03:35 AM
Yep, leave Bontang 2 weeks before the Meet (carefully watching weather in all 3 cities to know what to bring). Luckily all my winter clothes are still in Melbourne so I can add them to my suitcases if needed.
My crafty daughter lives in Queensland and, as she will be going back to work soon after my visit, my grandson will be in daycare for at least some of the time I will be there. I am hoping to get the chance to craft with her so I will need my stuff with me.
She enters the Gold Coast Show scrapbooking every year and always comes away with multiple ribbons - last year she won Scrapbooking Exhibitor of the Year. The Show is running at the moment so she should have all her ribbons and creations back to share with me then.

Mouseit
08-29-2015, 05:47 AM
OHH how exciting, you will have to take pictures of her stuff....

OHHH AND I HAVE FINISHED MY NAME BADGE - AND ORGANISED MY TRADES IN A FOLDER!! whoohooo

Mouseit
08-31-2015, 10:21 PM
4 Weeks and 1 day!!! OMGosh!!!

kiwicsi
08-31-2015, 11:00 PM
Only 24 days before we wing off to New South Wales!! :D I think this will be my eighth time to Aussie; the ninth time to be shortly after that. :D

Mouseit
09-01-2015, 08:29 AM
LOL You should just move here Julie, it would be make it easier for you.... heehee

kiwicsi
09-01-2015, 02:36 PM
Lol. Trevor would love to live in Sydney. Especially with all the political BS going on here at present. We're spending $26 million on a referendum to decide if we should change our flag but more than 50% of NZ'ers want to retain the current one. That money could be spent on health or education.

Getting off my soap box now. :D

Mouseit
09-06-2015, 04:05 AM
Its amazing isn't it... if they paid for education etc they would not need a referendum for anything....

Mouseit
09-08-2015, 05:38 PM
3 WEEKS TO GO..... my goodness its all happening!!!

kiwicsi
09-08-2015, 09:41 PM
Two weeks and three days before flying out. :)

I'm still not fully organised, but getting there bit by bit.

Donnacr
09-08-2015, 11:03 PM
I fly out this Friday - granted it is to spend 2 weeks with family but I still have to bring everything with me.
You should see the state of my craft room at the moment - stacks and piles everywhere as I try to make sure I have enough for 16 times each class I'm teaching and don't forget the supplies for the classes I am taking.

I THINK there is a floor under there somewhere!?!

Mouseit
09-08-2015, 11:23 PM
Oh Goodness, you girls will be having a fun time first before this meet... LOL I am so excited, but I am sick at the moment, I have come to work, but will be going home soon, as most of the daily things are done so don't feel bad going home....

kiwicsi
09-09-2015, 02:31 PM
Hope you feel better soon :)

Mouseit
09-09-2015, 06:49 PM
Today I am off sick, about to ring the Dr for my hubby he's getting it too...my apt is 4.30 pm today.....Had to take today off work, but its all over so I was expected to get it, with 40 odd sick kids at school it had to get me sooner or later...

Mouseit
09-15-2015, 07:43 AM
Donna and Mesektet, just letting you know I have received both your payments thank you!!!

DONNA: Welcome to Australia!!!! Heehee
Kiwicsi will be here shortly too!!!

kiwicsi
09-15-2015, 02:32 PM
Ten more sleeps! !! :jiggy:

Mouseit
09-15-2015, 07:12 PM
OMGosh is that all?? Well I am well on the way to having my signature cards done, I concentrated on them last night, so only need the finishing touches, they are so cute I just want to keep them all...LOL

kiwicsi
09-16-2015, 05:29 AM
Haha, I haven't even started my signature cards yet. Still compiling materials for my tag class. :eek:

Mouseit
09-16-2015, 09:57 PM
Kiwi just so you know there may be a bag of items in their gift bag they can use too... maybe... *snickers*

Mouseit
09-16-2015, 10:19 PM
Athon page is up! Its found here ~

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1736293#post1736293

Mouseit
09-18-2015, 06:32 AM
Is wondering what to pack in my suitcase...Hmmmmm best pick which suitcase I am taking first....LOL

Mouseit
09-20-2015, 10:17 PM
WHOOOZZZERS This time next week I will be in Sydney having Coffee/Tea with Donnacr! WHOHOOO

kiwicsi
09-21-2015, 05:36 AM
Five more sleeps!!!

Mouseit
09-21-2015, 08:43 AM
LOL You getting excited too Kiwi???

kiwicsi
09-21-2015, 02:32 PM
Just a little bit! :D

Mesektet
09-22-2015, 06:30 PM
Can't believe how soon this is! In a week's time, I'll be waking up in Sydney!

Pretty sure I'm going to run out of time to get everything done though. I'm trying to get my signature cards done, mail out my 'Sweet Treats' swap, work out what to pack, and work out what to do for a name tag... all while still having to plan for next term. I think I'm going to need a holiday to recover after this holiday =P.

kiwicsi
09-22-2015, 09:48 PM
Me too, Meseket! I'm almost done with my workpacks for the class I'm teaching but haven't begun my signature cards yet. :eek: As for a name tag, I'm going to have to forget about that - my brain is in no fit state to come up with anything creative at present!

D-dazzled71
09-23-2015, 01:10 AM
Hi Everyone! I am looking forward to seeing everyone in Sydney next week......Mouseit just letting you know your third parcel has arrived safely.....sorry I haven't been around much but we moved house end of August and still haven't had the home phone or broadband connected so have limited access plus I had been busy preparing and I have just got back from a 4 day Creative Retreat. It's definitely been a creative month. We are heading from home on Monday and planning on stopping overnight and will arrive in Sydney on the Tuesday.

Mouseit
09-23-2015, 05:32 AM
Ohh Thats great Dani, and yes we have been missing you, but we knew too that you were off creating stuff at a retreat... (wish I was there).

Thanks for letting me know about the 3rd parcel, its got the rest of my class things in it...

Do you know what time on Tuesday you will be arriving? Donna and I will be out gallivanting around somewhere, and if you let us know when you get there we can do coffee.

5 Sleeps for me too!!!

D-dazzled71
09-23-2015, 08:41 PM
Mouseit not sure exactly what time we will be arriving at the hotel as we are staying in Newcastle the night before and will be heading down early the next morning to hopefully catch up with some friends who are about 30 mins away from Parramatta........do you want to msg me your mobile and I will phone you when I arrive as you will no doubt want to organise the goodies bags etc prior to Wednesday too.

Mouseit
09-24-2015, 01:13 AM
OOHH Yes I do! heehee... Ok will PM you my mobile phone number... I am sure that you should have it if you haven't I am a naughty girl! heehee

Mouseit
09-24-2015, 11:32 PM
Ok now the panic sets in, what if I forget something I need to bring with me for my classes?? OMGosh!!! 3 sleeps to go!!!

Mouseit
09-24-2015, 11:33 PM
Wonders if Kiwicsi has left for Australia yet......

Mouseit
09-25-2015, 06:03 PM
I guess she has..LOL One more sleep before leaving home - 2 more sleeps until Sydney.

kiwicsi
09-27-2015, 04:05 AM
Yes, Mouseit, Kiwicsi has jumped the ditch and is in Australia. We arrived yesterday morning and spent someof the day down at Circular Quay and Darling harbour. And today we did the Aquarium, Sydney Wildlife Zoo and Madame Tussauds. My feet hurt!

Mouseit
10-01-2015, 08:46 AM
Yeah I know, and aren't we having fun!

kiwicsi
10-04-2015, 05:50 AM
Oh my, my feet hurt even more today, along with my legs. :eek:

That's what you get for hiking miles up and down the Blue Mountains but TOTALLY worth it!!!!!!! #ilovethebluemountains

Mouseit
10-04-2015, 06:35 AM
Glad you had fun kiwi...sorry you are sore though.