PDA

View Full Version : Enchanted: Myths, Legends and Fairy Tales Swap, Due July 1st

ShesSoCrafty
05-02-2008, 01:20 PM
Swap Due Date - July 1
Signup/withdraw date - June 14th
Number of Cards - 3 for 3
Number of participants -12

WE'RE ALL FULL!!!

“Only those who truly love and who are truly strong can sustain their lives as a dream. You dwell in your own enchantment. Life throws stones at you, but your love and your dream change those stones into the flowers of discovery. Even if you lose, or are defeated by things, your triumph will always be exemplary. And if no one knows it, then there are places that do. People like you enrich the dreams of the worlds, and it is dreams that create history. People like you are unknowing transformers of things, protected by your own fairy-tale, by love.”
-Ben Okri Nigerian Authour

Yeah First Swap!
This is open to all mediums!
I love Stories... Myths and Fairy Tales are big loves of mine and I was curious how many of You Love them too! I'd love to see others interpretation of Enchanted Tales! Any stories of fancy and fun, dark or light are cool to use for this swap! I really believe the myths and tales we hold onto do shed alot of light on what we believe in and what we think about life. So what's your Favorite?
Make sure your cards are something you are proud of! If you use clip art make sure you make it your own!

There is a really cool site called SurLaLune that has an unbelievable amount of information on fairy and folk tales!
http://www.surlalunefairytales.com/introduction/quotes.html

The Details
Please make sure to include your username on the envelope and make sure you put what your story is on the back of your card!
Included in the returns will be a card from me from a Myth series! (haven't started yet but this will be the kick in the pants I need!!)
US participants please include SASE with postage! (Bulky cards will require more postage!)
International Participants I will cover postage! Just make sure to include a self addressed envelope!
Late cards will be returned to the sender.

Thanks! Now lets have some fun!!:jiggy:

1.VickiZ (MN, USA)
2.Meow2000 (TX, USA)
3.Ibus (Scotland)
4.Wudwooda (SC, USA)
5.Miss (NJ, USA)
6.Irma
7.LavenderLizard (SC,USA)
8.Jklee (guatemala)
9.LuvLoz (Australia)
10.Paperfairys (UK)
11.lilmissfirefly
12.Joni Owens

Purple means recieved!
Orange withdrew!

Vicki Z
05-02-2008, 01:59 PM
me, please

ShesSoCrafty
05-02-2008, 02:20 PM
whoo hoo! Welcome Vicki!!!

Meow2000
05-02-2008, 02:46 PM
can i play please:jiggy:

Ibus
05-02-2008, 02:50 PM
Oooooooooooo! Please can I play too?

ShesSoCrafty
05-02-2008, 03:40 PM
Yea! welcome Ibus and Meow2000!

goatgoddess
05-02-2008, 03:59 PM
great theme - now If I can get caught up with my other swaps, before you fill up all your spots <G>

Wudwooda
05-02-2008, 04:18 PM
Everyone knows I love my fairytales, lol. Sign me up!

miss
05-02-2008, 04:20 PM
me, please.

ShesSoCrafty
05-02-2008, 04:22 PM
Hey guys thanks for joining! Welcome Wudwooda and Miss! I'm sorry I missed your Grimm Swap Wudwooda! I Love the dark tales as much (If not more) as the Disneyana versions!

Irma
05-02-2008, 05:21 PM
Hello,
I'd like to take part please.

LG Angelika

LavenderLizard
05-02-2008, 05:36 PM
Please add me!

ShesSoCrafty
05-02-2008, 05:45 PM
Welcome LavendarLizard and Irma!

jklee
05-02-2008, 07:03 PM
I want in on this one! I have some great Guatemalan myths!

LuvLoz
05-02-2008, 07:14 PM
Oh, please sign me up too!

ShesSoCrafty
05-02-2008, 07:30 PM
Wowza this is shaping up to be a fun swap! Jklee that sounds awesome!!! Welcome both you and LuvLoz! Three spots left... Who's next!!!

Paperfairys
05-02-2008, 07:32 PM
Oh this sounds so exciting please can i join ?

elaine x

:)

ShesSoCrafty
05-02-2008, 07:34 PM
Welcome Paperfairys... That was quick...lol!

Paperfairys
05-02-2008, 07:41 PM
I noticed ive been logged in all day but been out. Else id of asked 1st thing :D

Thanks for adding me :)

LilMissFirefly
05-02-2008, 08:24 PM
I'd love to play this one! I'm planning on doing my masters in myths and fairy tales!

ShesSoCrafty
05-03-2008, 12:55 AM
Welcome LilMissFireFly! And who wants the last place????

Paperfairys
05-03-2008, 12:39 PM
I'd love to play this one! I'm planning on doing my masters in myths and fairy tales!

GOSH! can you do that ?
sounds awesome :D

Joni Owens
05-04-2008, 02:55 AM
Do you have room for me??

ShesSoCrafty
05-04-2008, 09:45 AM
Wooohooo! Our Last Spot goes to Joni Owens!!! I have been atrociously busy this weekend but I'm hoping to work on some myth cards this weekend! I can't wait to see what everyone is up to with this one!

Joni Owens
05-04-2008, 11:59 AM
Hotdog!!! In by the more than ample seat of my pants!!!!! Thank you, thank you. I've never stopped believing in fairy tales!!!!!!

Vicki Z
05-08-2008, 06:59 PM
My cards are done.
May I have your address please.
If you already sent it, I am sorry but I do not seem to have it.
Thanks!!

ShesSoCrafty
05-08-2008, 07:11 PM
coming up!!!

ShesSoCrafty
05-16-2008, 06:40 PM
i received awesome cards frome VickiZ already she's super fast! And her cards were Awesome as well! I'm sorry this thread has been tres tres boring! I've been a little in the dumper lately and I opened up an etsy shop which is a little nerve wracking to say the least. BUT I am devoting some time to straight up ATC making this weekend! This is the first one I've completed so far hopefully more to come over the weekend! This is Venus of the Bees and Mint. One down 11 more to go!:jiggy:http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/file.php?n=14319&w=l

Vicki Z
05-22-2008, 01:55 PM
Where did this myth come from? I have been doing a little research, and I don't seem to find it. Do you happen to have a link, or a country of origin?

ShesSoCrafty
05-22-2008, 06:58 PM
If you look up Venus or Aphrodite symbols you will find that some of her symbols are mint and bees amongst many others... There were offerings made to the temples of Venus sometimes Bundles of mint and jars filled with bees (it was in a book I read a while ago called the glory of hera about ancient Goddess religions) I had been doing research on greek and roman mythology for a while and some roman guy did an etching of Venus with bees that really intrigued me. Mint is my favorite and I love honey bees and bees in general so I wanted to combine the two. Venus is my ruling planet too, so it shouldn't have suprised me that maybe my favorites fell in line with hers, I guess! For the series I'm doing for you guys's party gifts, It's turning out to be a combination of goddesses and myth stories mostly greek and roman. I have some more scans but have been a bit busy lately so haven't been able to get to that part yet!

Vicki Z
05-23-2008, 07:30 AM
Thanks for the feedback!!!!
I did look up bees, and honey, and mint, but mostly in wikipedia, and sometimes the links don't always take you to what you are trying to research.

I was nosy because we raise honey bees and I have a HUGE herb garden. When the catnip (mint family), spearmint and peppermint are in bloom, the bees work the flowers and make an absolutely AWESOME mint honey that I put up separately (not mix with other honey flavors) that is to DIE FOR. Again, thanks for all the info!!

ShesSoCrafty
05-23-2008, 07:59 AM
Last year in my garden we barely saw any honey bees! This year there have been a handful buzzing around the herbs and flower garden. I planted huge clumps of mint this year I can't wait for it to actually take over the yard!

ShesSoCrafty
05-25-2008, 06:17 PM
Ladies, I just wanted to let you know that I will be a bit busy in the next few weeks but please if you have any questions or if you need me for anything please PM me! I'm an email addict and I respond really quickly! This thread has been so quiet How are everyone's cards coming along?

miss
05-25-2008, 06:45 PM
I actually finished mine (and I'm quite pleased with them, which doesn't happen much)! They'll be in the mail at some point this week.

jklee
05-25-2008, 08:01 PM
Now, Miss has embarrassed me :embarrassed: I haven't started mine yet!

ShesSoCrafty
05-25-2008, 08:15 PM
I'm in the process of card marathon day! I'm trying to get my cards for this swap done in the next 24 hours! But We have plenty of time still, like a month! So no worries Jklee! Miss I can't wait to see your cards! Pm me if you need the addy! :jiggy:

miss
05-28-2008, 07:07 PM
Mine went postal today.

ShesSoCrafty
05-28-2008, 08:18 PM
Can't wait to see them!

ShesSoCrafty
05-30-2008, 07:44 PM
Miss your cards arrived safe and sound! LOVE Them! Thanks for the extra too!:biglaugh:

ShesSoCrafty
06-13-2008, 05:57 PM
Ok I must say that the cards recieved thus far for this swap are fabulous! Today I recieved wonderful cards from Joni and Lavendar Lizard! I love how different all the cards are even if its the same story being told! This is awesome! Joni and LL thanks for the extra cards and Joni thanks for the extra bits as well!

jklee
06-13-2008, 06:34 PM
I'm getting into gear this weekend. My first card is done, here's how it looks:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3078/2575757467_5bf2d7193a_m.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/jenn_klee/2575757467/)
I used markers and added black prismacolor pencil on the dog's outline over the gray marker. The card is kind of an envie with another card inside where I wrote the legend of "El Cadejo"
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3128/2575754119_da0615c45f_m.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/jenn_klee/2575754119/in/photostream/)
I ended up liking the card with the story WAY more than the one with the art :twitcy: I used a piece of gold paper (chocolate wrapper!) on the left side, acrylics and watercolor on the right side. I wrote the story with ink and darkened the edges with black and brown acrylic paint.

This will be the technique I plan to use on the other cards, now I just have to start drawing!

miss
06-13-2008, 06:34 PM
VERY cool, jklee!

ShesSoCrafty
06-13-2008, 07:53 PM
That is an awesome card! I love the creativity in this swap! I can't wait to see all your cards in person Jklee!

Ibus
06-13-2008, 08:21 PM
Great card and brilliant idea!

LuvLoz
06-15-2008, 02:58 AM
That looks great, JKLee. Here are my cards, in the mail tomorrow:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/file.php?n=19085&w=m (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=19085) http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/file.php?n=19086&w=m (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=19086) http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/file.php?n=19087&w=m (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=19087)

miss
06-15-2008, 01:55 PM
Cute, Luvloz. I love the peeking Little Red Riding Hood :)

Meow2000
06-15-2008, 06:10 PM
Here are my cards for this swap. love all the cards so far :jiggy: I'll mail as soon as I get an Address Please .
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x171/meow2000/Myths.jpg

jklee
06-15-2008, 08:04 PM
Great cards everyone! I finished my cards today, they'll be on their way tomorrow.
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/file.php?n=19247&w=l (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=19247) http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/file.php?n=19245&w=l (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=19245) http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/file.php?n=19246&w=l (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=19246)
I posted the stories at Flickr if you want to read them, just click in the All My Art Link.

LuvLoz
06-15-2008, 10:18 PM
Love the Kraken one Meow2000!

Your cards look great JKLee

ShesSoCrafty
06-16-2008, 10:47 AM
I'm sorry I didn't get back to the address requests over the weekend, It was Fathers day and my 2nd wedding anniversary!! I have sent the addresses to those that requested! How is everyone doing on time? I know there are a few UK peeps here and I want to make sure everyone gets there cards to me in time!

That being said I love what you guys are doing with this there isn't a bum card in this bunch! They are all so beautiful and creative! Thank you so much ladies for making this swap so much fun to host! I'm literally dying to get my hands on all of them so I can ohhh and ahhh and drool over them...lol! It was great to check in today and see all the wonderful eye candy!

ShesSoCrafty
06-20-2008, 10:33 PM
Meow 2000 your cards arrived safely today! I trader to follow!

Meow2000
06-20-2008, 11:44 PM
lol we were just talk about them today :wub: i'm glad they made there save and sound

Paperfairys
06-21-2008, 09:20 AM
so sorry for the delay i think i got mixed up with another swap i was doing and so was sure i had done these and sent them ages ago.

i did some last night :

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f222/paperfairys/004.jpg

Princess and the pea
Rapunzell
Medusa
Cinderella

they look better in person, for some reason i cant photograph either pearly paints of foil well. :)

i will post first thing monday morning and keep my fingers crossed you recieve them on due date.

Thanks for the reminder.

elaine xx :wub:

LavenderLizard
06-21-2008, 09:21 AM
AWESOME!!! I've always loved Cinderella! Those are all amazing.

jklee
06-21-2008, 06:43 PM
I think they photographed pretty well, I love the princess and the pea card!

miss
06-21-2008, 07:13 PM
Lovely cards, jklee and paperfairys!

ShesSoCrafty
06-21-2008, 07:33 PM
Ohh! More pretty stuff! Paperfairys they are wonderful! and Meow2000 I loved your cards as well! they were fab! I don't think I said that! Ladies a wonderful job so far! I'm getting so excited! I can't wait to see the rest!

ShesSoCrafty
06-21-2008, 09:07 PM
Just so there is no confusion... I'm willing to hold for cards... as long as that is ok with everyone else... we're down to ten now and i want to make sure that our swap has a nice variety! If no one objects to a couple of extra days??? Some folks I haven't heard from yet but I pm'd everyone my addy! Any objections PM me... I'm not talking about a week but maybe a few days... There's been so much excellent work here, I want to make sure everyone gets a chance to get their cards in my hands.

Meow2000
06-21-2008, 10:47 PM
that's fine with me ;)

Ibus
06-21-2008, 11:22 PM
I'd appreciate the leeway! My cards will go in the mail on Monday.

jklee
06-21-2008, 11:34 PM
We still have 10 days for the due date, right? I have it marked for July 1st. If that hasn't changed I'm hoping my cards would have made it there by that date without any problem. I have no problem waiting, mail to my country takes its time and sometimes it's a good couple of weeks before I get my returns.

ShesSoCrafty
06-22-2008, 11:10 AM
No worries nobody's getting negative traders... but for the international peeps... I just want to ensure that your cards will get here! As soon as everyone is accounted for I will be swapping out as close to our july 1 deadline... but I have noticed that the mail has been taking a bit longer lately for some reason... So just a couple days leeway just to make sure that everyone who intended to send cards gets that chance... I've been hella busy and it seems like the universe is using june to play with everybody's schedules and personal lives for some reason... lol... so how bout all cards must be here by the 5th... and I promise to swap out as soon as everyone is accounted for (even if it is before that date). If all cards arrive by the 1st I'll swap out ASAP... but the fifth is the latest... no exceptions! Is that OK with everyone???
The cards have been lovely so far! Not a bad one in the bunch... but please post to the thread or PM me when cards are sent so I can get everyone accounted for!!!

Ibus
06-22-2008, 06:51 PM
Here are mine. They'll go in the post tomorrow. I went with Legends.

8197 8198 8199 8200

jklee
06-23-2008, 12:46 AM
The 5th is ok by me :)

Vicki Z
06-23-2008, 07:48 AM
WOW! Great cards, Ibus. I recognize the seal skin lady / mermaid. I LOVE her.
I recognize Nessie. I am not sure about the other two. Who is the little round brown guy with the hat and the horn for a nose. The hat looks somehow Scottish. Is this a local legend?
GREAT CARDS!!!!

ShesSoCrafty
06-23-2008, 10:47 AM
Ibus, what great cards! Love the diversity of everyones cards and how different they all are! I'm impressed and so pleased!!!

Ibus
06-23-2008, 03:24 PM
WOW! Great cards, Ibus. I recognize the seal skin lady / mermaid. I LOVE her.
I recognize Nessie. I am not sure about the other two. Who is the little round brown guy with the hat and the horn for a nose. The hat looks somehow Scottish. Is this a local legend?
GREAT CARDS!!!!

Yes, it's local Vicki, but it's more a joke. :D It's a Haggis ... you must have heard of haggis, it's really a national dish, and you can call yourself a True Scot if you know what's in it and you still eat it! I don't know how it started, but a legend has sprung up that it's a wee furry beastie that runs around the hills and mountains of Scotland. The Highland ones are canny wee beasties and have the legs on one side shorter than the other side so they can run really fast on the hillsides, so are rarely seen.
Lowland ones are more amenable and trusting, so there is a short 'hunting season' that ends on St Andrews Day. You can see replicas in most souvenir shops and airports in Scotland.
Thanks for the compliments, I'm rather chuffed at how the Selkies (seals) turned out, I was rather loth to part with them, but they made it into the envelope and off to the PO! It's always said send art you'd like to receive and I certainly acheived that!

LavenderLizard
06-23-2008, 04:49 PM
I tried Haggis once! And it was on purpose, too! Definitely a cool seal maiden...and I always have a spot in my heart for Nessie. Great cards.

ShesSoCrafty
06-23-2008, 05:17 PM
I love the seal maiden one too! The black one with the eyes as well!
Update Today I recieved lovely cards from LuvLoz and Jklee! two down I think two or three to go... as soon as I get em I'm swappin em out! If I haven't yet left the itrader i should be caught up on that in the next few days I promise!!

Vicki Z
06-24-2008, 07:21 AM
Thanks for the info on the Haggis! That is so funny.
And I LOVE the seal maiden, but then mermaids are my "thing"

ShesSoCrafty
07-02-2008, 02:10 AM
WudaWooda Your cards came in today! Almost there guys!

ShesSoCrafty
07-05-2008, 08:41 PM
YEA! IBUS and PAPERFAIRY"S YOUR CARDS ARRIVED!
Thank you guys so much for being patient! I know I owe itraders to half of you... they will be left tomorrow AM while I get all the cards together and ready!!! Not too much longer gals! Great work everyone! I mean it... I"m so thrilled!

Ibus
07-05-2008, 08:49 PM
Phew!! I'm glad they got there safely! Thanks for waiting everyone.

ShesSoCrafty
07-06-2008, 04:04 PM
Itraders were left for those I missed! Let me tell you seeing these cards all laid out was amazing... I want to roll around in them for awhile...lol... You guys should be proud... even when you guys did the same story each one was unique and offered a little glimpse into that persons perspective on the story... And some of you came up with really cool stories and some came up with pretty inventive ways to create the cards! Awesome!

ShesSoCrafty
07-14-2008, 10:17 AM
Ok guys Cards are going in the mail tomorrow! I came down with some kinda icky stomach bug that had me down for the count for 4 days... They are swapped out and ready to be taken to the post office tomorrow! Sorry for the delay but wanted you guys to have an update!

Joni Owens
07-21-2008, 07:03 PM
My cards came today - Thanks Lisa for hosting and Thanks to Paperfairy, Lavendar Lizard, and Jklee for the beautiful cards. So much talent, you all do beautiful work!!

miss
07-21-2008, 07:30 PM
OOH, mine came today, too! :) Thanks to shessocrafty for being such a wonderful, generous swap hostess! Off to leave rep points.

(BTW, if anyone happens to receive one of my cards, and doesn't mind scanning it, I would love a copy for my gallery.)

Meow2000
07-21-2008, 07:57 PM
My cards came today thanks to ShesSoCrafty for hosting. Thanks to Ibus for Lockness Monster card and all cool info on Ness !! Thanks to Lauloz for her Rapunzell card. Thanks to Vicki Z for her the little Mermaid card. and thanks to SheSoCrafty for her Venus od Bees and Mint card. I'm off to leave you rock points

ShesSoCrafty
07-21-2008, 08:14 PM
Yea!!! I'm so happy they are making their way home!!! I'm glad you ladies are enjoying them they were a site to behold every single one!!!

Ibus
07-22-2008, 06:35 PM
Mine arrived today. Thanks to our great host for organising the swop and for the bonus card Freya, Miss for Johnny Appleseed, Joni Owens for a Royal Wedding and Wudwooda for The Lil Mermaid.

Vicki Z
07-22-2008, 09:34 PM
Mine arrived. Thanks to all. I left rep points.

ShesSoCrafty
07-23-2008, 08:50 AM
Wow Ibus! that was quick! I'm glad you got your cards so fast! Thanks Vicki for letting me know that you recieved your cards as well!

ShesSoCrafty
07-23-2008, 12:21 PM
geez the mail must have been running super fast!!! Thanks to all you lovely ladies for particcipating and your kind words!!!

LavenderLizard
07-23-2008, 12:49 PM
I got my lovely cards...

Thanks to Shessocrafty for hosting and for Tara--lovely! Thanks also to Vicki Z for little red cap, Meow2000 for Medusa, and Joni Owens for Awaiting Merlin. Great swap!

LuvLoz
07-26-2008, 07:34 AM
I can't wait to see mine! :)

ShesSoCrafty
07-29-2008, 10:30 AM
LuvLoz I hope your cards show up soon! Let me know when you get them!

jklee
07-31-2008, 11:20 PM
I got my returns today :yes: They are so beautiful cards, thanks Lisa for hosting and for the great card, and thanks to Joni, Ibus, and Meow2000. They are all gorgeous!