Media
ATC Swap Due Date: October 30, 2015
Signup/Withdraw Date: October 30, 2015
Number of ATCs: 3 for 3 or 6 for 6
Number of Participants: Unlimited
Media: Any and all mediums and techniques are welcome

Better With Bat Wings, Due October 30, 2015

RETURNS MAILED 11/05

I've loved bats since childhood, and have even raised a few.
I have bats in my belfry, literally and figuratively - there are bats living in the attic in HUGE numbers. Bat wings especially have always intrigued me - they are so unique and weirdly wonderful!

Adding bat wings to other creatures adds an air of mystery and oddness that I adore, and I know that I am not alone. For this swap, you must create ATCs featuring a creature or object with bat wings (that is to say, a person, place, animal, plant or thing which is not itself a bat).

* This is a 3 for 3 or 6 for 6 card trade. Make 3 or 6 cards and receive the same number back.

* ALL mediums and techniques are welcome. Remember to do your best pieces of art that are not based only on one element. Please make sure you add some depth to your cards, whatever style you choose. Your mediums can include, but are not limited to: paper, tissue paper, crayon, acrylic, watercolor, gel pens, colored pencil, rubber stamping, ink, newspaper clippings, magazine clippings, etc. All I ask is that you send in your best work. Something you would not be disappointed in receiving if it was sent to you.

* Please make sure to package your cards securely and confirm there is enough postage on the envelope.

* If you are unsure about mailing ATCs, or just may want to pick up some good tips for shipping, here is a great link.
http://atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=909

* If you are inside the U.S., please include a Self Addressed Stamped Envelope 4 by 9 1/2 inches, with 49 cents postage, or one "Forever" stamp if trading 3 cards, OR 71 cents postage or two "Forever" stamps if trading 6 cards, OR if your cards are extra heavy.

* International participants, if you have U.S. funds, or U.S. postage, it is greatly appreciated. However, since many of you do not have access to U.S. stamps, I will cover your postage. Please include a self addressed envelope 4 by 9 1/2 inches (10 x 28 cm), or if you do not have the correct size envelope, please include a large mailing label with your address and I will provide the envelope.

* I apologize for being so demanding about the envelope size, but the postal rates in the US charge extra for thickness. When cards are stacked, or overlapped, in (a smaller) envelope, it almost always costs more to mail. If you send me a small envy, the cards get stacked. When I use the 4 inch by 9 1/2 inch business size envelopes, I can spread the cards over the area, making a THIN package, and only pay for basic (minimum) postage.

* Please send each card in its own protective plastic sleeve, and assure that they are ATC size (2 1/2 inches by 3 1/2 inches). ONLY ATCs allowed. No APCs accepted.

* Please put the Swap name and your Username on the back of all cards. And please write clearly on everything! We can't give you itrades and/or You Rock! points if we don't know who you are.

* Cards are due IN MY HANDS by October 30, 2015. Please allow sufficient lead time for cards to get to me, particularly if you are an International participant. itrader ratings will be given when I receive your cards. Returns will be mailed promptly. Late cards will be returned, as it is unfair to those participants who always have their cards in early or on time.

* A hostie card in this theme is appreciated but not at all expected!

* Thank you for considering this swap! If you have my address from previous swaps, it hasn't changed. If you are new, or have not been in one of my swaps for a while, I’ll PM you with my address when you sign up!

* Above all ~Have fun!!!

Better With Bat Wings, Due October 30, 2015
Current Participants:

*1. canadarosebud - it - Cards Received 9/24 * CANADA
*/. DeniseMDupree - WITHDREW
2. schmancyfancy - it - Cards Received 10/30
*3. ErsatzEpiphany - it - Cards Received 10/15
*/. HappyAlly - WITHDREW
*/ Dee - WITHDREW
*/. art_junkie - WITHDREW
*4. tisharay - it - Cards Received 10/06
*5. cdraz/ceedee - it - Cards Received 10/06
*//. Pixari - WITHDREW
*6. hocuspocus - it - Cards Received 10/15
*7. Vicki Z - Cards Received 9/13
*/. slaphappyturtle - - NO CARDS, NO COMMUNICATION

* INTERNATIONAL

Last edited:
Lurkers always welcome.
There are so many awesome swaps this time of the year, I can certainly understand lurking while catching up.
Hope you can come back.

You are my kind of person, schmancyfancy.
And for those of you who hate bats, you should know that Bats eats HUGE quantities of mosquitoes, and other icky bugs.
I LOVE bats. They are extremely beneficial in keeping the mosquito population down.
We have the fewest mosquitoes in the entire neighborhood, and we are the only ones who do NOT spray.

Welcome, schmancyfancy.
I signed you up

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom