PDA

View Full Version : Bizarre Holidays JUNE Swap - Due June 15th

Colourful.Daze
05-05-2008, 05:56 PM
Due Date: June 15th
# Cards: 3 for 3 OR 6 for 6
# Participants: unlimited

This will be a three (3) for three (3) swap or (6) six for (6) six card swap.

You will go to this site:
http://library.thinkquest.org/2886/jun.htm

Chose up to three holidays to create your ATCs for. They can be all the same holiday or three different ones. (We are going to do all 12 months :) ) All mediums are welcome.

1.) IrishRose~RECEIVED
2.) NiteOwl ~ RECEIVED
3.) jazzie ~ RECIEVED
4.) mrubyjean~ RECEIVED
5.) ScramperSue ~RECEIVED
6.) OrganicMama~RECEIVED
7.) Ellie~ RECEIVED
8.) Joni Owens ~ RECEIVED
9.) Nermalski ~ RECEIVED

Due Date:
Cards are due in my hands by June 15th. This will be an on time swap. I will mail your return cards on the due date! NOTE: Late-arriving cards will be held for 1 week past the due date, swapped with other late cards, and then sent back out. (If there are not enough late arrivals, late folks may get some or all of their own cards back!)

Postage:
USA participants, please enclose 58-cents postage on your return envelope. If your envelope contains only 41-cents postage, I will be limited to sending you back very simple cards with no embellishments. Our new postal rates require 58-cents if the envelope is slightly thicker, slightly heavier, or requires hand cancelling (and if it’s both thicker AND heavier, it costs 75-cents). So affix your return postage accordingly.

International participants, I will pay return postage. An extra ATC of the swap theme would be greatly appreciated, but is not required.

Updates:
I will update THIS post (the first post in this thread) to inform you of the status of our swap. So check back HERE for updates. (You won’t have to read through pages and pages of posts or scroll to the end to get current information!)

Swap Rules:

1. Send your BEST cards – cards that demonstrate your best workmanship, and that you are proud to share with others.

2. Clearly write your USERNAME and SWAP NAME in these 3 places:
* On the back of all your cards
* On the front of your mailing envelope
* On the front of your return envelope

3. Enclose a return label or self-addressed envelope. Inside the USA, include 58-cents postage. Outside the USA, I’ll pay return postage.

4. If you’re mailing from outside the USA, please mark “AIRMAIL” and mail early to allow extra time for delivery to the USA (I recommend allowing 3 extra weeks for delivery from outside the USA).

5. An extra ATC for the swap host (in line with the swap theme) is greatly appreciated, but not required.

6. 3-D embellishments are fine, as long as the completed cards slide into standard 9-pocket pages, and as long as the embellishments are securely mounted so they don’t fall off during shipping. (Keep in mind that thick cards may require a padded mailing envelope and additional postage).

7. When you sign up for this swap, I will PM you my address and a reminder of the swap details.

8. I will give iTrader feedback the same day I receive your cards, and will also update this post showing that your cards have arrived. In return, I encourage you to give iTrader host feedback for me when you receive your swap returns, and Reputation Points for the artists whose cards you receive.

Who wants to play?

IrishRose
05-05-2008, 08:19 PM
Oh yes! Had so much fun with the May swap, I'd love to join the June swap please.

Colourful.Daze
05-06-2008, 11:27 AM
Absolutely!! You are in IrishRose.

NiteOwl
05-06-2008, 01:59 PM
Me! *waving my arms* Add me to your list! :cool:

Colourful.Daze
05-06-2008, 02:06 PM
Yea NiteOwl! Glad you are here!!

jazzie
05-06-2008, 02:21 PM
CM - this sound too good to pass up! Please add my name to list - thanks, Jackie

mrubyjean
05-06-2008, 10:56 PM
Oh, yes...I'd like to join too!

ScramperSue
05-06-2008, 11:10 PM
oooh, me, me me!!!:jiggy: my B-day is also NATIONAL CHOCOLATE ECLAIR DAY(6/22):v_spin:

OrganicMama
05-07-2008, 10:03 AM
Me, me, me! May was SO fun.

Colourful.Daze
05-09-2008, 11:46 AM
WELCOME AND THANKS FOR JOINING :)

Ellie
05-10-2008, 11:45 AM
Yes, I'd like to play please.

Joni Owens
05-13-2008, 01:28 AM
This sounds like a blast, I want to play too.

Colourful.Daze
05-13-2008, 02:19 PM
It IS a blast and these ladies have done some wonderful cards and made these last couple of Bizarre swaps GREAT fun!!! Welcome to all :)

neca84
05-14-2008, 01:32 AM
Id love to join but dont think I have enough timer for this one, are you running a July so I can start preparing?

OrganicMama
05-14-2008, 09:30 AM
What month did you start with? I joined up with May, and would love to have a full set, so if you started in April (or earlier)...well, I'm just curious.

Vicki Z
05-14-2008, 09:45 AM
We started in April, then did May, and now there is a June Swap.
Chimaera has said she plans to do this every month, and who knows, she may start over again next April.
What do you mean by a "complete set"?
If you want a few from each month, you can probably set up some personal trades.
If you want one for each day, from each month, well, that, as they say, is another story.

OrganicMama
05-14-2008, 03:57 PM
I just want 3 from each month. I'm so bummed I missed April! but I will just set up some personal trades to finish it off. Thanks for the info.

A 365 card set could be so fun...Wow. The mind reels.

mrubyjean
05-14-2008, 04:29 PM
Organic Mama ~ I missed April too...I'll PM you!

Colourful.Daze
05-15-2008, 11:33 AM
Yes I am going to do every month and I will do another April if anyone wants to have one for a set :) Welcome back Jess & VickyZ :)

Colourful.Daze
05-15-2008, 11:37 AM
neca84, Definitely would love to have you for next month if you would like and if you want to private trade to have a whole year set I am sure these WONDERFUL artists will be happy to trade with ya :)

Colourful.Daze
05-15-2008, 01:18 PM
How would everyone feel if I extended the due date until the last day of June so everyone could have plenty of time to create? VickyZ, I wasn't sure :) I will leave you there in case you want to join in and if not then it is said here that you hadn't really signed up yet...ok with you (I really hope you can!!)

Vicki Z
05-15-2008, 01:27 PM
Thanks, hun.
I had not really signed up, I was just answering someone's question.
I probably will be back, but I have so many swaps pending, I didn't want to over-commit and let you down.

OrganicMama
05-15-2008, 05:25 PM
So far there are 3 of us doing a little one-on-one type trade - one more and each of us would have 3 April cards...

Kynara
05-16-2008, 06:07 PM
I just want 3 from each month. I'm so bummed I missed April! but I will just set up some personal trades to finish it off. Thanks for the info.

A 365 card set could be so fun...Wow. The mind reels.

365! ack! *cough* oh wait... I think my heart just stopped... *cough* :jiggy:

I'll be back in about a week if I can clear up my schedule to do june's... (I hope so, each month would be cool!)

Colourful.Daze
05-22-2008, 03:20 AM
ROFL Kynara!!!

NP VickyZ, would love to have your wonderful art in here but if not then next time :)

Colourful.Daze
05-28-2008, 10:22 AM
NiteOwl, your lovely cards arrived yesterday!! :)

IrishRose
05-29-2008, 12:30 AM
So far there are 3 of us doing a little one-on-one type trade - one more and each of us would have 3 April cards...

Oh I would love to be in on this! Do you still need another player? I started with May, now doing June. I would actually like to go back to go back as far as January so that I could have three cards for each month. Starting with going back to April works for me for right now though. As far as catching Jan, Feb, Mar - think I'll work on those as time allows and put them up for trade with like cards if someone is interested.

IrishRose
05-29-2008, 12:51 AM
Let me see if this works...a couple of my June cards~

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/file.php?n=16124&w=s
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/file.php?n=16123&w=s

mrubyjean
05-29-2008, 01:33 AM
Great cards, IrishRose! I particularly like Old Maid Day...and glad to see your "old maid" is so bright and pretty!

IrishRose
05-29-2008, 03:38 PM
Here's my latest...Heeee!

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/file.php?n=16227&w=s

Colourful.Daze
05-31-2008, 12:18 PM
I will be hosting from April 2008 thru April 2009 for those of you that missed April

I received lovely cards from Ellie yesterday :)!!

OrganicMama
06-05-2008, 08:06 PM
Mine will go out as soon as I get your address. I don't know what I did with it!

ScramperSue
06-06-2008, 10:04 AM
ok, here's mine for My B-day, er um---National Eclair day :)

I want to add, that these little arms and legs are delicate, I tore several making them move, so try not to "play" with them too much. do they make brads tinier than "mini"??? does anyone know

Colourful.Daze
06-06-2008, 11:43 AM
Received your lovely cards Joni :) OM, sent you my address :)

jazzie
06-06-2008, 01:43 PM
SS - I don't know the answer to your question but love your idea for the card!

OrganicMama
06-06-2008, 11:22 PM
Mine hit the mail today.

mrubyjean
06-07-2008, 12:14 PM
Here are mine ~ mailing today!
Two for Teacher's Day and two for Pink Day ~

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/file.php?n=17401&w=m http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/file.php?n=17402&w=m

jazzie
06-10-2008, 03:22 AM
Danette - mine are going out today

Colourful.Daze
06-10-2008, 11:27 AM
Got yours mrubyjean, beautiful!! Looking out for the rest :)

Colourful.Daze
06-10-2008, 11:30 AM
Here is the link to Julys swap :)

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3764

IrishRose
06-11-2008, 03:01 AM
Mine will be going out in the mail on 6/11. Sunday is the 15th and no mail delivery so is Monday okay for arrival?

UPDATE: My cards did, indeed, go out today in the mail. Just want to give you confirmation.

Colourful.Daze
06-13-2008, 09:51 AM
Monday is fine :)
Received Nermalski's and Jazzie's, great cards!!

Colourful.Daze
06-14-2008, 02:26 PM
received lovely cards from IrishRose and OrganicMama, love them!! And Thank you!

ScramperSue
06-14-2008, 03:00 PM
I will be hosting from April 2008 thru April 2009 for those of you that missed April

I received lovely cards from Ellie yesterday :)!!

are there 3 peeps that would be willing to do MAY again, since I missed :( I'd love to do May (son's B-day is Lost Sock memorial day)??????????????????

Colourful.Daze
06-15-2008, 09:49 AM
Received ScramperSue's wonderful cards!

Colourful.Daze
06-15-2008, 09:52 AM
Okay, we are ready to roll!!! I will be sending returns next week!!!

Colourful.Daze
06-16-2008, 10:18 AM
All returns went into the post today!! THANK YOU EVERYONE for joining in!!

ScramperSue
06-19-2008, 01:25 PM
are there 3 peeps that would be willing to do MAY again, since I missed :( I'd love to do May (son's B-day is Lost Sock memorial day)??????????????????

yea!! :D so far Irish Rose, meow2000, nermalski AND mrubyjean are going to make me a Bizarre may Holiday card to trade for a "Lost Sock Memorial day" card (5/9)
:spinny::v_spin: I'm a happy crafter!

ScramperSue
06-19-2008, 01:31 PM
:cute:I got my cards today, I got MY cards toDAY, I goooot MYYYY cards TOOOOOOday!
lalalala:v_spin::spinny:

HUGMONGOUS Thanks to Chimera.muse for hosting---and for the little goodies in my return envelope :).
and BIG thanks to:
Jazzie for "spinster"...old maids day 6/4 what a great image!
Irish Rose for teacher's day card...6/6 so adorable!
organicmama for "All Around the Mulberry Bush" ...Pop Goes The Weasel day" 6/14...this is great and made me SERIOUSLY LOL when I saw it :)

off to do what we gotta do after a swap... (drool over my cards?? LOL)...NO SILLY give rep and iTRADER!

mrubyjean
06-19-2008, 07:30 PM
Received great cards ~ two from Joni (Cuckoo Warning Day and Pink Day) and Irish Rose's Old Maid Day! Many thanks, rep points/iTrader given and off to make my July cards.

IrishRose
06-22-2008, 10:04 AM
I received my cards in the mail a few days ago. What fun!! I received an adorable Chocolate Eclair day card from ScramperSue (my first art doll!!), a really cute Teacher's day card from Mrubyjean, and a very clever Pop! goes the weasel card from OrganicMama. Thank you so much, ChimeraMuse, for yet another fun Bizarre Holiday Swap and thank you for the extra goodies with my returns. I have already left i-Trader and reps for all.

Joni Owens
06-22-2008, 02:26 PM
My cards were waiting for me when I got home today, It feels like Christmas!! Thanks to Nermalski, Jazzie, Ellie, ScramperSue, Mrubyjean, and NiteOwl. These are great cards, you have all done wonderful work! And thanks to you, Chimaera.Muse for hosting!! I'm fixing to start on my July holidays!!!

OrganicMama
06-23-2008, 06:22 PM
Awesome cards were waiting for me when I got back from a weekend in the mountains - thanks to ScramperSue, IrishRose, and Debbie Wooten (what's your screen name??) for some great cards. Really cool stuff. And of course, Chimera for the best swap series ever!

jazzie
06-24-2008, 11:28 PM
I picked up my cards today. I received cards from Joni Owens (Cuckoo Warning Day), Ellie (Old Maid's Day), and Jessica S. (Pink Day) - thanks to all for trading and to Danette for organizing this swap which included some extra goodies! :~]