May Pick-a-Theme (PAT) - due July 15, 2016

DeniseMDupree

ATC Guru
Media
Due Date – July 15, 2016
Withdraw – None – there are NO withdraws once your theme is chosen
Number of Cards - 4 cards for a full group / 8 cards for two full groups
Number of participants -8 groups of 5 players (40 players total)

**** ALL FULL but thanks for looking! ****

Welcome to the May 2016 Pick-A-Theme

****In order to join, you MUST have****
- An established positive iTrader rating of +15
- No negatives within the last 6 months
- No neutrals for lack of cards/communication within the last 3 months
- NO EXCEPTIONS so PLEASE don’t ask

Important Information / How Pick-a-Theme Swaps Work

-This swap contains 8 groups of 5 members. Sign-ups will end when all spots are filled.
- When you sign up, indicate the group(s) you want to join and your theme. If you are in an APC group, please be clear about the suits/numbers you would like.
- You can sign up for no more than two groups.
- If you’re undecided on your theme, that’s okay but If you do not pick your theme by 2 days after you sign up, the spot will be opened back up for other players.
- You must be willing to work on all the other themes in your group.
- For each player in your group, you must make a card on their chosen theme.
- You will receive 1 card from each player in your group on your chosen theme,

** Once you choose a theme, YOU CANNOT withdraw or change your group/theme. **​

Pick-A-Theme Examples
Regular – Generic themes that are easy to think of, such as: cats, flowers, hearts, etc., or themes that are easy to find a reference or collage image for such as: Stargazer lilies, whimsical cats, zetti, puppies in bow ties, etc. (Real people or characters in books or movies are not regular themes!)

Challenging – These themes often require more research and/or are more difficult to find images of. Examples include: celebrities; characters from books/movies; pigs in Victorian style outfits; etc. These themes can also include harder to interpret themes such as poetry. These can require a lot of thought and effort.

* If you sign up for a CHALLENGING group, please provide at least one reference link to assist your group members *

Card information:
- All cards must be standard ATC size (3.5 x 2.5 inches) and should be sent in individual plastic sleeves.
- All cards must be original works of art.
- APCs must be genuine playing cards in standard poker size (2.5"x3.5") and have at least the upper left corner number and suit showing. Please note, APCs are only allowed in group 7 & 8.
- Please make them sturdy. If you wave it and it bends easy, it’s too thin.
- As with all swaps, please only send in cards that you would be happy to receive.
- To avoid mailing problems, please avoid bulky embellishments – if it’s questionable, leave it off. Cards should be flat.

-On the back of cards, please put at least:
Your Username
Group Number
Recipient Username​

Mailing Information​
PLEASE put your username and the swap name on the back of all envelopes. When you are ready to mail, please PM for my address. For those who have mailed to me before, I am still on Grandmont Avenue.

USA
Please enclose a self-addressed envelope and LOOSE postage as follows:
- If you are in one HD/HP group, please include 1 forever stamp or .49 in postage
- If you are in one collage / mixed media group, please include 1 forever stamp and one .22 cent stamp or .71 in postage
- For two HD/HP groups, please send .71 cents in postage.
- If you are in two collage / mixed media groups OR one HD/HP and one collage/mixed media, please send .98 in postage.

INTERNATIONAL
Please include a mailing label or piece of paper with your address neatly written. I will cover your envelopes but please include 1 U.S. dollar for 1 group, or 2 U.S. dollars for 2 groups. I can take PayPal if this is easier for you. If this is not possible, please let me know – I would hate for anyone to miss out!

Cards must be in my hands by July 15, 2016. I know from experience that life can get in the way, but please contact me as soon as possible if something comes up so we can get it handled right away. If your cards arrive late without communication, you will be given a neutral iTrader by me. Your cards will be returned to you and it will be up to you to honor the trade with your fellow group members or risk 4 negative iTraders. Non-receipt of cards will earn NEGATIVE iTraders from ALL group members and host.

If you want to post your cards to the thread for all to enjoy please do, but it is not required. However, if they get lost in the mail, you will have proof that you did get them done. When you receive your cards for the swap, remember to leave iTrader for the Host (me) AND each person you receive a card from.

I would love a hostess card to add to my collection!! It is not required but always appreciated!

Last edited:
May Pick-a-Theme, due July 15, 2016
Your name will be highlighted once your cards are received.

Group 1 - Hand Drawn or Painted - Regular Themes - FULL
1. prex79 - Whimsical mushrooms
2. CiCiCreates - Hummingbird
3. Evalila - Fruits or vegetables with faces
4. Nicky - Ragdoll cats
5. Shawnicaitlin - 1960s/1970s Hippie-style goats

Group 2 – Hand Drawn or Painted - Regular Themes FULL
1. Shawnicaitlin - 1960s/1970s Hippie-style Chickens
2. kentuckydakota - Baby fantasy creature
3. NatashaMay - Girl with antlers
4. artsylola - Girl with pink or magenta hair
5. AinaSG - Dogs with hats

Group 3 - Hand Drawn or Painted – Regular Themes FULL
1. artsylola - Renaissance maiden
2. sweetgypsy - Girl with purple hair
3. michelle81 - Turkey vulture
4. Deblit - Whimsical colorful owls
5. NatashaMay - Player's own chosen theme for this group

Group 4 – Hand Drawn or Painted – Challenging Themes FULL
1. AinaSG - Apollo 11 (Reference)
2. michelle81 - Phantom of the Opera (Gerard Butler's Red Death version)
3. Deblit - Whimsical Frida Kahlo
4. ruthe - Realistic chimpanzees
5. angelmuz - Steampunked character from Lord of the rings ( person only, not an ork or gollum)

Group 5 – Collage / Mixed Media – Regular Themes FULL
1. Allegrae - Sewing
2. Cindylou - Dogs
3. Jennifer - Whimsical houses
4. sweetgypsy - Zetti Animals
5. Sophie's mom - House shaped ATC

Group 6 – Collage / Mixed Media – Any Themes FULL
1. Allegrae - James Bond, Zetti style
2. Sophie's Mom - Secret garden (along the lines of hidden, magical, enchanted garden spaces. Old iron gates, stone walls, old statues, romantic and from the past)
3. DeniseMDupree - Oriental/Asian
4. desert_artist - Mad Hatter...any version, even made up is okay
5. Lizzzabelll - Birds with attitude (problems)

Group 7 – APCs (Altered Playing Cards) – HD/HP or Collage/Mixed Media - Regular Themes FULL
1. Marryth - Foxes, whimsical or realistic. (P2: Q ♦) (P3: Q ♠) (P4: Q ♣) (P5: Q ♥)
2. CastleQueen5 - Zebras (P1: 4 ♥) (P3: 9 ♥) (P4: 10 ♥) (P5: J ♥)
3. Pikkis - Traveling (P1: 9 ♥) (P2: J ♥) (P4: J ♣) (P5: J ♦)
4. BekaH - Fairies with their pets (P1: J ♥) (P2: J ♦) (P3: J ♣) (P5: J ♠)
5. Karr3ll - Vintage Christmas (P1:2 ♥) (P2: 2♦) (P3: 2 ♣) (P4:2 ♠)

Group 8- APCs (Altered Playing Cards) – HD/HP or Collage/Mixed Media - Any Themes FULL
1. DeniseMDupree – Halloween (P2: 7 ♥) (P3: 7 ♣) (P4: 7 ♦) (P5: 7 ♠)
2. prex79 - Pride & Prejudice (P: 3 ♥) (P3: 3 ♦) (P4: 3 ♣) (P5: 3 ♠)
3. Marryth - Anything/anyone from the NBC TV series Hannibal. (P1: Q ♦) (P2: K ♦) (P4: Q ♠) (P5: K ♠)
4. CastleQueen5 - Geico Gecko (P1: A ♠) (P2: 2 ♠) (P3: 3 ♠) (P5 - 4 ♠)
5. Jennifer - Cats (P1: 2 ♥) (P2: 2 ♦) (P3: 2 ♣) (P4: 2 ♠)

Last edited:
I'd like group 8: pride & prejudice (P1-3 hearts, P3-3 diamonds, P4-3 clubs, P5-3 spades)
And group 1: whimsical mushrooms

Okay, cards and themes:

Group 7 - Foxes, whimsical or realistic. (P2: Q♦, P3: Q♠, P4: Q♣, P5: Q♥)

Group 8 - Anything/anyone from the NBC TV series Hannibal. (P1: Q♦, P2: K♦, P4: Q♠, P5: K♠)

Are those okay? :)

Oh my GOTH! It is MAY!!! I want to play.

I would like the 2 APC groups.

Group 7 Zebras, (P1 - 4 ♥) (P3 – 9 ♥) (P4 – 10♥) (P5 – J♥)

Group 8 Geigo gecko

(P1: A ♠) (P2:2 ♠) (P3: 3 ♠) (P5: 4 ♠)

Last edited:
May I play in group 7, please :)! My theme is Travelling and the suits and numbers are P1 - 9 of hearts, P2 - J of hearts, P4 - J of clubs and P5 - J of diamonds.

Back
Top Bottom