Pages : [1] 2

DADAology
05-12-2008, 04:57 PM
THE ART OF NICK BANTOCK - COLLAGE SWAP

Sign-up/Withdraw by: 30 June 2008
Cards Due: No later than 15 Aug
# Players: unlimited US - 5 International
# of Cards: 3/3 or 6/6

20 iTrader pts required to join this swap.

When I first picked up a copy of Griffin and Sabine I was hooked, even before knowing that there would be books to follow. I found that I would get angry, wondering why this guy didn’t hurry and release another book, never occurring to me at the time that perhaps he hadn’t actually written another book! Thank goodness he did. The hook for me was the mystery of it all, the strange art was just icing on the cake!

This Swap is all about his collage art. He is a master at it (raking in $1500.00 for postcard size art…why aren’t we doing that?) Please before signing up, if you are not familiar with his work please check out his web site; www.nickbantock.com .

Please do not slap a stamp on a card and send it in. A lot of his work is layered, detailed and tedious, while other pieces are simple but very strong visually. SEE IF THIS WILL CLEAR UP THE CONFUSSION. The goal is to capture his style and technique to the best of your ability. Bantock’s miniature collages are detailed and rich, with paint, pastel and gold powders, most are partially created from elements of old stamps, maps and currency. He used pictures of Old World Treasures from Egypt, China and other parts of Asia. I have seen scrolls and OUIJI boards as back grounds. There are illustrations of flowers and small animal/reptile skeletons. His work offered up intrigue and mystery and the feeling of the black arts. I find them wierd and eery.

When in doubt hold your work up to something of his as ask yourself - "would one think of Bantock when they look at my work?'

Please submit quality work, free from sticky patches of glue and pieces that have not been glued down good. AS always use good quality card stock, and put your art in plastic sleeves for their protection. Work not following the guidelines will be returned.

Put your address on your return envelope with the same amount of postage you used to mail your cards to me. Your user name and the swap name should be on both your envelope and cards.

Swap will not be held for late cards.

No more than 10 International Players for this swap. I will pay for return postage on International Players. An extra card would be appreciated but not necessary to join.

Please PM me as well as requesting to join in the thread.

Names in RED have arrived.

1 rocketwoman - MO HAVE NOT HAD ANY COMMUNICATION AT ALL ??
20 sometomatoe - Vermont
26 Bizzyare - WI WERE MAILED LAST WEEK SHOULD BE HERE MON
17 ME!! I forgot
32 Insanebrainpain - IL
12 Gourdhead1997 - KY
28 Bright-Spark - Scotland
23 Summer5 - Canada22 CityKitten - Australia
8 Stormarela - Canada
2 egod - AR
3 jetleg - WA Withdrew
4 katilady - CA
5 OriginalYouth - TX
6 Cairnlae - SC
7 Adifferentstory - UK - WITHDREW
9 TherapyArtist - NY - WITHDREW
10 Kat - NC
11 Amyfaerie - PA - WITHDREW
13 Pixeldog - Canada
14 Janiselain - WA
15 Goatgoddess - TX
16 Curbsidetreasure - CA
18 Pippin - Canada
19 Anne - Eng
21 ScamperSue - NJ
24 Rea - UK WITHDREW
25 iverson - NY
27 Joni - SC
29 Lemay - NJ
30 Merlin Princesse - Q. City
31 Altermyworld - Canada
32 Dina54 - RI

rocketwoman
05-12-2008, 05:41 PM
i'll be the first. sign me up, please.

DADAology
05-12-2008, 09:30 PM
consider yourself signed! yea!

egod
05-12-2008, 10:23 PM
I'm a Nick Bantock fan from way back. I'd like to try my hand at this.

jetleg
05-12-2008, 10:35 PM
I would love to be in this swap. I have 6 of his books. I love the art and of course, the mystery of it all. His books are amazing...

katilady
05-12-2008, 11:25 PM
I had not heard of this artist till now. His work is stunning! I would love to try my hand at his style, if I may?

OriginalYouth
05-12-2008, 11:37 PM
Yeah, I'm in fo' sure. Sign Cairnlae up too, I'm sure she'll be around momentarily to pee her pants in excitement.

adifferentstory
05-13-2008, 01:55 AM
I would love to give this one a go.

stormarela
05-13-2008, 03:14 AM
me too me too me too.... I'll pay my postage if that helps get me in.. wink wink...
I've been to his bookstore on Salt Spring Island, in BC... oh, its wonderful....

Russell
05-13-2008, 06:32 AM
I'd like to join this one.

TherapyArtist
05-13-2008, 11:38 AM
I will give this a (hard) try! It looks really interesting! Sign me up! (jetleg is responsible for me getting in this one, too! Someone make her stop! lol)

kat
05-13-2008, 12:25 PM
This sounds (& looks) like a great challenge.
Sign me up.
Thanks.
kat

OriginalYouth
05-13-2008, 12:30 PM
I was so excited I already started on these. I have 4 layers done so far!

adifferentstory
05-13-2008, 01:52 PM
Your doing well OY. I haven't even got the ideas in my head yet LOL

amyfaerie
05-13-2008, 04:36 PM
holy crap, everyone! i have just SEEN this, and already it's polluted with awesome artists! sign me up!

DADAology
05-13-2008, 06:03 PM
WOW I am so excited about this one for sure.....Thank you all for joining.....
Annette
I have another one Nick Bantock swap that will be added as soon as I close one of the other swaps...Hope you will like it as well.
Annette

OriginalYouth
05-14-2008, 12:59 PM
Here are the 6 cards I am working on!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2255/2490722069_6e90494552.jpg

In progress. These have about 5 layers on them.

stamping
tissue paper
ink and acrylics
collage glue
postage stamps
more glaze
rubber stamps with ink and paint
gold pigment powder wash

stormarela
05-14-2008, 01:34 PM
those are yummy delicious, OY!

adifferentstory
05-14-2008, 03:17 PM
They're looking fantastic already OY. Can't wait to see the finished ones.

DADAology
05-14-2008, 05:22 PM
wow they are wonderful.....thanks for posting them - for sure inspiration for the rest of us......

kat
05-14-2008, 06:54 PM
Collage is my favorite medium, so I couldn't pass this by.
My first effort...

jetleg
05-14-2008, 07:22 PM
OY, awesome pages....wow, you are quick, i am loving the layers.

gourdhead1997
05-14-2008, 07:33 PM
Oh man!! One of my all time favorite artists. Sign me up, PLEEASE!:yes:

stormarela
05-14-2008, 07:35 PM
very nice collage Kat! very nice

Pixeldog
05-14-2008, 10:51 PM
I believe I'd like to play as well...I haven't done a collage for awhile but I like Bantock's style.

katilady
05-14-2008, 11:02 PM
Here are the 6 cards I am working on!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2255/2490722069_6e90494552.jpg

In progress. These have about 5 layers on them.

stamping
tissue paper
ink and acrylics
collage glue
postage stamps
more glaze
rubber stamps with ink and paint
gold pigment powder wash

A few questions for you OY! What kind of gold pigment powder do you use? Is it easy to use? Where do you find it? Thanks!

DADAology
05-14-2008, 11:40 PM
Welcome gourdhead1997 and pixeldog - so glad you guys joined. thanks....

JanisElain
05-15-2008, 01:10 AM
OK - count me in please! This looks like a fun swap. :D

adifferentstory
05-15-2008, 01:57 AM
Lovely ATC Kat

kat
05-15-2008, 10:25 AM
“Tidal Pool II”: aka “Miss Bug & the Scallop”
I used to collect scallop shells that I found on the beach. If I didn’t specialize, I would have brought home carloads of seashells. The prize of my collection was a tiny, deep burgundy-colored scallop about the size of the one on this ATC. One day, my granddaughter, Miss Bug, and I were playing with my seashells when she grabbed the prize one, rushed to the kitchen, & threw it in the garbage. Sesame Street’s “One of These Things Is Not Like the Others” started going through my head.

goatgoddess
05-15-2008, 11:06 AM
I keep coming back to this one so might as well get signed up and get it over with <g>

DADAology
05-15-2008, 12:10 PM
Ha you are in. Thanks for joining.

DADAology
05-15-2008, 01:32 PM
Welcome Janiselain sorry I missed your post......but you are added now.

adifferentstory
05-15-2008, 03:22 PM
Your shell ATC is fab Kat

OriginalYouth
05-15-2008, 06:56 PM
A few questions for you OY! What kind of gold pigment powder do you use? Is it easy to use? Where do you find it? Thanks!

I use the pigment powders, both Pearlex or Perfect Pearls. They are a bit pricey, but not hard to use. You can use them dry, blend them with collage glues, gesso, paint, watercolors, or use them plain with water. LOVE them! You should be able to find them at any good art/craft store (JoAnn, Michaels, etc.)

OriginalYouth
05-15-2008, 06:59 PM
Kat, those are pretty! Did you see some of his work that used Seashells? I'm confused. I guess what I saw of most of his stuff seemed like an old-world, postage, ephemera, old letters, type of feel.

Dadaology, what is the goal we should all shoot for, do you have a specific style we are aiming for?

Just want to get it straight in my head to make sure we all have the same creative vision. :)

kat
05-15-2008, 07:03 PM
I did see one of his collages that had a shape that said starfish to me, but ..... I am "Mentally at the Beach" :). It's a permanent condition, hopefully, not fatal. Also, just reproducing another artist's work is a good exercise, but if you can use it to fuel your own vision, the other artist is credited and complimented and you are true to your own vision.

OriginalYouth
05-15-2008, 07:06 PM
Oh, okay. I haven't seen the beach for 7 years so I'm out of it!

I guess my work was leaning towards these ones:
http://www.nickbantock.com/original_art/Mail_Art_for_sale.html
I think I might have used TOO much texture/layers. I'm thinking of reworking mine.

We were just the 1st 2 that made pieces for the swap and they are so different from each other's work, I was confused.

I really like that marbled paper you used!

adifferentstory
05-15-2008, 07:07 PM
Kat, those are pretty! Did you see some of his work that used Seashells? I'm confused. I guess what I saw of most of his stuff seemed like an old-world, postage, ephemera, old letters, type of feel.

Dadaology, what is the goal we should all shoot for, do you have a specific style we are aiming for?

Just want to get it straight in my head to make sure we all have the same creative vision. :)

Yes, i'd like to know too.

cairnlae
05-15-2008, 07:51 PM
I like the topigraphical feel of kats card...

as some of you might already know, I'm a huge fan of Nick Bantock..I think I must participate!

DADAology
05-15-2008, 07:53 PM
OY - No you are headed in the right direction.

Kat were you through with yours or are they still in work. My thought on Nick Bantock is that there is a lot of mystery at times a bit dark. He uses a lot of symbolism in his work and like what OY said old world feel to them. I have to go back and forth looking at his work all the time.
Perhaps you could look at his web site again or if you have any of his books to see what I'm talking about. The intent of the swap is to create works like his. If you have any questions PM me. Does that make since?

cairnlae
05-15-2008, 07:55 PM
Hey Dadababy...we probably crossposted....I wanted to join this swap!

DADAology
05-15-2008, 09:38 PM
ha look on the sign up page.....seems someone volunteered you already....(OY) :)

cairnlae
05-15-2008, 10:04 PM
that punk...LOL..I just sent her a little message!!!!

OriginalYouth
05-15-2008, 11:08 PM
that punk...LOL..I just sent her a little message!!!!

Ha ha! I signed you up on page 1, go read my post. :P

cairnlae
05-15-2008, 11:14 PM
I did...check your rep points!

goatgoddess
05-15-2008, 11:25 PM
<lol> she knew you wanted to join cairnlae

I just ordered his book - Urgent 2nd Class: Creating Curious Collage - love his work but want to get the nuances of his work.
I had this book on my wish list for a while so this swap was the perfect time to break down and get it and of course to get free shipping I had to order another book so got a fabric art book, I've had my eye on for a while. :)

cairnlae
05-16-2008, 12:01 AM
yup..I bought that book too...its got alot of great inspiration in it!!!

stormarela
05-16-2008, 12:05 AM
i've got that book too, its amazing the things he can do in such a small space!

jetleg
05-16-2008, 12:33 AM
I also ordered that book...i can't wait to get it, meanwhile i am studying the Griffin & Sabine series....this will be fun...i am assembling layers in my head already....

curbsidetreasure
05-16-2008, 12:34 AM
sign me up :)
i remember hosting a swap with this theme before.

kat
05-16-2008, 12:51 AM
There are three cards in the following series that have a starfish image as an element. "Ouled Nail and Starfish" is oddly the least obvious. "Silver" was my primary inspiration.
http://www.nickbantock.com/original_art/Small_Collages.html

I wouldn't rework yours at all if I were you. They are wonderful. Nick Bantock's art covers a wide range, & it speak differently to each of us.

I wasn't familiar with Nick Bantock's work until this swap. I looked at a lot of his work online, got out papers and postage stamps, and then mentally went to the beach. I think I'm getting closer with #3. I may use those postage stamps yet. :confused:

goatgoddess
05-16-2008, 12:08 PM
I was looking at that page yesterday - the top one has some asian writing on some old paper - I've been thinking how to recreate that for use in collages. I also like how he cuts out elements of the postage to use rather than just using the stamp as is.
I'm thinking that method will useful for another swap I'm in too.

cairnlae
05-16-2008, 12:59 PM
the top one has some asian writing on some old paper - I've been thinking how to recreate that for use in collages.

How about using some sumi ink(or even black acrylic paint if thats all ya got) and just go to town with the writing...make something up or refer to already written japanese text somewhere. Maka a strong pot of coffee(more intense) or tea and pour it into a pan. run your paper back and forth thru the solution till it gets to be the shade you want it. Put it out into the sun to dry. You can also take lemon juice and spray it on and blast it w/ a hairdryer..that adds great age spots.Just some helpful little Nick Bantock hints for ya...:wub:

TherapyArtist
05-16-2008, 01:14 PM
I'm sorry, but could you take me out of this swap? I'm having trouble keeping my head above water. (And I went and studied Nick Bartock...I remembered that I already read his book on how he creates collages and I also read Griffin and Sabine. I'm not really into that style of collage.) So sorry. I'm sure someone will want to take my place...we have a lot of great collage artists on here.

goatgoddess
05-16-2008, 01:26 PM
Good tips - thanks! will be trying some this maybe this weekend - forgot about the lemon juice - I also have some metal that I had miscuts on that my friend was suppose to take to the reyc but never did so it's good and rusty - going to do some paper on it and see how that does - I know the theory but have never tried it :)

cairnlae
05-16-2008, 01:32 PM
ohhh..never tried the rusty paper thing....hmmm....i'm gonna go look that up!

Also, if you take a look at some of my NB cards in my gallery you might see that some of the backgrounds are faded looking maps. I printed map images(off the net) onto watercolor paper. As soon as it came off the printer I ran it under some cool water, to remove some of the ink(inkjet-has to be inkjet...almost forgot to mention that). then i ran the paper thru some tea solution to give it a nice aged look.

goatgoddess
05-16-2008, 01:34 PM
ohhh what a good tip - I've printed stuff on watercolor paper off the printer but never thought to age it that way! thanks!

cairnlae
05-16-2008, 01:44 PM
ok...found the rusty paper technique gonna give it a go...here's some other tips I found(I hope it's okay that i'm posting all this in this thread..its all NB related!!!!:wub:)

- laying the paper on newspaper then dropping used tea bags on it, still wet. Makes kinda blobie stains, like water marks.

- Taking the coffee grinds from a fresh pot and dumping it on the paper, when it is on a flat surface.

- food coloring. spray the paper with water. then drop some yellow and red from a somewhat high point, you can get really neat splatter effects.

- lemon juice rubbed onthe paper then iron it.

-burning the edges of the paper(i've done this with some of my NB cards too!)

Pippin
05-16-2008, 01:58 PM
I keep coming to look at this so please may I be signed up if there is room! I love maps and stamps in collages, now to try the layering!

adifferentstory
05-16-2008, 02:06 PM
I'm familiar with some of these techniques. I don't think they are all unique to NB as I was using some in my school days (many moons agao) LOL

Can someone explain the rust technique please? I've not heard of this.

I did attempt a few layers this morning but completely ruined it. Ah! well it keeps the recycling people in a job LOL

DADAology
05-16-2008, 07:22 PM
Pippin I will add you.

In case the rest of you haven't noticed added to hopefully to clear up the guidlines for the swap. I'm sorry for any confusion on this.

Also, therapyartist, I'm sorry to lose you, but understand.

anne
05-17-2008, 12:19 AM
Can I join in please????

goatgoddess
05-17-2008, 12:50 AM
for the rust mine says to 1/2 water to 1/2 vinegar to get the rust started - if already rusted place paper on rusted object and mist with water, let dry then remove. haven't tried it but rust on a natural coffee filter looks very cool. - now I will take the rest of this over to the collage daily thread tomorrow so not to clutter this thread up any more :)

Joni Owens
05-17-2008, 01:50 AM
Sign me up too, please, I want to try this one. I love his work!

kat
05-17-2008, 10:40 PM
Based on Griffin & Sabine...

katilady
05-17-2008, 11:15 PM
Based on Griffin & Sabine...

VERY Cool!

amyfaerie
05-17-2008, 11:29 PM
i concur; that card is fantastic, kat!

Bright-Spark
05-18-2008, 01:09 AM
Hi,

Do you still have a space for an international player?

If yes, please sign me up.

Thanks

gourdhead1997
05-18-2008, 07:55 AM
Yes, Kat that is an awesome card!

kat
05-18-2008, 11:37 AM
Last two...

OriginalYouth
05-18-2008, 11:39 AM
I really like those, Kat. The layers add a sophisticated complexity! :D

DADAology
05-19-2008, 12:45 AM
Kat wow those are really good.

Pippin
05-20-2008, 07:14 PM
Ok guys I need to know if this is Nick Bantock ish enough before I do the next ones!! I think it is but please tell me if I am off on the wrong planet!

katilady
05-20-2008, 08:48 PM
I think it looks fab Pippin, but I am no expert!

cairnlae
05-20-2008, 09:45 PM
yes Pippin, I think its really good!!!

DADAology
05-20-2008, 09:57 PM
YES Pippin it is wonderful

NOTE: Just to let you know in case I miss someones request or question, I have been home sick going into my 3rd week, found out yesterday that I have Pneumonia!!
The drugs are wonderful ha, but sure don't let me stay awake for long. I have coughed so much I have strained the muscles around my chest....and it hurts to even breath.

I will try to get on at least once aday to check PMs and threads. If you have something pressing PM would probably be better that way I can't over look it.

If I have missed something please bring it to my attention. I would apprciate that.
Good night for tonight.
Annette

cairnlae
05-21-2008, 01:09 AM
oh my goodness ANnette! I hope you feel better really soon!!!Keep taking those drugs...they are a godsend!!!!:jiggy:

Pippin
05-21-2008, 10:53 AM
Gosh Annette that is not good. If you are on Zithromax, eat plenty of yoghurt if you can, it helps with the possible gastric side effects. A humidifyer in your bedroom may also help. Take care Hon

goatgoddess
05-21-2008, 11:02 AM
Kat and Pippin - those are wonderful - love the depth and the layers - so very cool.

DADAology - hope you get to feeling better soon!

JanisElain
05-21-2008, 09:43 PM
Here are mine:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/file.php?n=14848&w=s http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/file.php?n=14320&w=s http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/file.php?n=14321&w=s http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/file.php?n=14627&w=s http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/file.php?n=15176&w=s

The backgrounds are made with collaged foreign banknotes. The postage stamps are real, and are from my grandma's stamp collection. Each card includes metallic embossing, rubbed ink, rubber stamping, etc.

katilady
05-21-2008, 09:48 PM
Gorgeous Janis!

Pixeldog
05-21-2008, 10:59 PM
Janis : those cards are sensational. Card 4 is my fave but I love that color choices you made...very NB indeed.

Pippen : Nice card girl friend...you got your game on...wooo wooo.

Annette : What are you doing getting all sick and all. Just stop it will ya. Silly girl.

Pippin
05-21-2008, 11:11 PM
Lovely cards there Janice old Bean!! Hope there were no Pound notes in there!!!!

jetleg
05-22-2008, 12:40 AM
Kat, Pippin and Janis...excellent work...so Nick Bantockish....great...

katilady
05-22-2008, 09:58 PM
I use the pigment powders, both Pearlex or Perfect Pearls. They are a bit pricey, but not hard to use. You can use them dry, blend them with collage glues, gesso, paint, watercolors, or use them plain with water. LOVE them! You should be able to find them at any good art/craft store (JoAnn, Michaels, etc.)

Thanks for this info. I bought Perfect Pearls, as well as my first heat gun and gold and copper embossing powders. I am looking forward to playing this weekend! If you are anyone else has tips for these products I'd love to hear them!

DADAology
05-22-2008, 11:55 PM
Received Janiselain's cards today. They are really exceptional......great job

DADAology
05-23-2008, 12:03 AM
I've slept better the last couple of nights, the coughing is not as bad. I tried to get up today but got tired real fast. I just woke up a few minutes ago and thought I'd touch base. I sure hope I'm better by Sat or Sun hate to miss the whole weekend too.

Joni Owens
05-23-2008, 12:40 AM
Hi DADAology,
I hope you are feeling better today. I have 28 ITrader Points now. Can I get in on this swap?? Please???

Pippin
05-23-2008, 09:08 AM
Take it easy DaDa, it takes a while for your body to recover from pneumonia! I decided I was better and would come to work, by the time I got here I was exhausted, my boss too one look at me and sent me home! The thing is you feel SO bad then when there is an improvement you fell so much better you think you are 100%!!! Rest up !!

egod
05-23-2008, 10:19 AM
Thanks for this info. I bought Perfect Pearls, as well as my first heat gun and gold and copper embossing powders. I am looking forward to playing this weekend! If you are anyone else has tips for these products I'd love to hear them!

I use embossing powders over cheap coffee filters so I can pour the excess back into the bottle. A piece of paper creased down the middle before you sprinkle the powder also works well. Also, if you stamp into hot embossing powder, leaving the stamp in place until it cools, you can get some pretty neat images. I haven't ruined any stamps that way, but I am careful to clean them immediately.

ScramperSue
05-23-2008, 07:52 PM
I think I want to give this a go...since it is not due til Aug.

I want to know how these people get discovered???? $750 each for a piece smaller than 4 x 5?????

ScramperSue
05-23-2008, 08:05 PM
Annette please rest up and feel better!

I am LOVING all of your great work, I won't be able to even start these for a while, but I am lloking forward to it. I never knew this guy existed til now.

citykitten
05-23-2008, 09:44 PM
Hi Dada, I hope you are feeling a bit better. I noticed one of your Internationals has withdrew and was wondering if I could join please. I love Nick Bantocks work, when I was younger I was given a copy of Griffin & Sabine and was obsessed with the pictures, I poured over them for hours. So I would really like to have a go at this.

Please?????

Summer5
05-24-2008, 12:32 AM
Well here I am again...sounds like fun, and want to learn more about collage, so please sign me up. Thanks. Jo

Ria
05-24-2008, 02:35 AM
If there is still a place - please include me, I'll have a go!

katilady
05-25-2008, 07:55 PM
I have made my first 2. Can I get some feedback that they are OK or not?

OriginalYouth
05-25-2008, 10:29 PM
Kati, those look great to me; definitely remind me of his style.

liverson
05-25-2008, 11:20 PM
i think Id like to try this... I didnt know who he was and just spent the last hour looking through his website...but i wanted to do the collage and the thread I saw was hand drawn. Now I found this so sign me up.

Bizzyare
05-26-2008, 01:00 AM
OMG, I own 3 of his books! LOVE, love his work. Please may I join?

katilady
05-26-2008, 05:09 PM
Kati, those look great to me; definitely remind me of his style.

Thanks OY! That's what I needed to know. I am having fun with these and I want to make a few extra to trade too!

katilady
05-26-2008, 08:24 PM
Here are 2 more. I am trying to go for 6 + some to trade....we'll see if I can do it!

Pixeldog
05-26-2008, 09:14 PM
Nice cards Kati, I'm glad to see that someone else is picking up on NB african influences. I've been leaning that way myself although I think I'd like to a more modern twist on it. You've got the NB flavor alright, especially with the second card. Great work.

sometomato
05-26-2008, 09:29 PM
OOOOh, Dada! Can I join? I just saw this thread and I love Bantock's work. I would love to try my hand at the style. I have to say that I feel a little intimidated by the great work done so far..... (Wow! Janis!)

katilady
05-26-2008, 09:32 PM
Nice cards Kati, I'm glad to see that someone else is picking up on NB african influences. I've been leaning that way myself although I think I'd like to a more modern twist on it. You've got the NB flavor alright, especially with the second card. Great work.

Thanks so much! His North African collages are what immediately caught my eye when visiting his website, they are gorgeous masterpieces! I think I may try one on a larger scale....Anyway, I appreciate the feedback...it keeps me motivated!

egod
05-27-2008, 05:18 PM
Would it be acceptable to make the cards triptyches so long as they still fit in a plastic sleeve?

DADAology
05-27-2008, 06:42 PM
Good afternoon everyone,
This is the first time I've been on in days. I feel better but I'm real tired and weak from not doing anything. I hope to go to work tomorrow maybe half a day to see how I do. Gosh so much has been going on. I will get everyone added that wants to join and please if I miss anyone PM me.

Kati your cards are amazing.....you should be able to collect $750 too...

Just to recap. Janiselain great cards arrived and I believe she is the only one that has sent them.

If anyone needs anything please PM me I will be getting on daily now. Thanks for understanding.
Annette

katilady
05-27-2008, 06:43 PM
Glad you are feeling somewhat better Annette. And many thanks at the compliment! I can only dream of making that kind of $$!

Pippin
05-29-2008, 11:37 AM
Good to see you up an about Annette! Take it easy. Mine will be ready on the weekend so if you can PM me your address that would be great! Cheers

DADAology
05-30-2008, 03:11 PM
I'm just going to put my address here in case anyone wants it and I'm not on for a day or two. I tried to go back to work and came home. I came in half a day today. I feel okay but I hurt pretty bad from all the coughing. It hurts to breath to move pretty much anything. But Thank goodness I do feel better.

Annette Nickles
14145 NE 4th Street
Choctaw, OK 73020

Hope that's okay.

katilady
05-30-2008, 03:33 PM
Send you tons of healing thoughts Annette!

kylieluvsart
06-01-2008, 06:49 AM
Hi annette hoping you are feeling better soon, sent my cards yesterday

anne
06-01-2008, 05:03 PM
My Cards will be posted tomorrow. I hope you are feeling better soon, Annette!

Here are 4 of my atcs

katilady
06-01-2008, 05:58 PM
My Cards will be posted tomorrow. I hope you are feeling better soon, Annette!

Here are 4 of my atcs

Gorgeous!

Pippin
06-01-2008, 10:27 PM
Mine will be in the mail tomorrow, here is a preview. Three to swap and one for our hostess with the mostess!!! I have kept the last one!!

katilady
06-01-2008, 10:52 PM
Well done Pippin!

DADAology
06-02-2008, 10:19 AM
Good morning all. Today is my first day back full time. I'm pretty much okay just still real sore in my back and chest, but that will take time to heal.

All of the cards posted are just the best. This will be the best swap I've had so far I do believe. But of course all of them have been great. My lap top at home is wierd some nights it will let me on other nights it won't and haven't had time to take it to the shop.... so if I don't respond quickly I will soon. My work computer may be my link to you for a few days.

Thanks for all the kind thoughts I know they have helped.

Annette

liverson
06-02-2008, 11:09 AM
So I found two of the Grifin and Sabine books at a used book store over the weekend. Wow they really did effect me. I wonder though... I didnt have the second book which I WILL FIND SOON so the ending was a bit vague. I know it was suppose to be but Id love some pms on what people thought happened in the end... please respond Im dying for some imput.. Great swap idea.

lemay
06-02-2008, 04:15 PM
I would like to join please

lemay
06-02-2008, 06:08 PM
I posted my cards in the gallery

katilady
06-02-2008, 06:45 PM
I posted my cards in the gallery

Those are really wonderful cards!

lemay
06-02-2008, 07:00 PM
Thanks Katilady!

Pippin
06-02-2008, 09:02 PM
OOh great cards lemay!!

OriginalYouth
06-03-2008, 12:24 AM
LEMAY and PIPPIN's cards rock my socks!

DADAology
06-05-2008, 11:26 AM
Lemay you have been added! Welcome and thanks for joining!!! :yes:

ScramperSue
06-05-2008, 06:37 PM
I am doing mine in "steps" and it is in the "Works in Progress" thread. I welcome critiques :)

cairnlae
06-08-2008, 09:44 PM
Alrighty then....finished my cards this afternoon....will mail out in next day or so...here are the first five...

cairnlae
06-08-2008, 09:46 PM
And here are the last two...

katilady
06-08-2008, 10:08 PM
AWESOME cards Cairnlae!

Pixeldog
06-08-2008, 10:33 PM
Nice cards Karen. Your second card (in the first set) is about as close to NB's african post card series as you can get without actually being a genuine NB card. It's excellent, and very faithful to that look. Oh, and recognize that compass stamp. I used that one myself on one of my cards. Great minds think alike, or something like that...:cool:

gourdhead1997
06-08-2008, 11:50 PM
Totally aweinspiring NB cards, Karen. I figured you would rock on this one!:notworthy:

OriginalYouth
06-09-2008, 12:11 AM
Great cards, Karen! ARen't you glad I signed you up? lol! :D

cairnlae
06-09-2008, 12:15 AM
Great cards, Karen! ARen't you glad I signed you up? lol! :D

Yeah I was just shaking my head and laughing about that today.....
:err::mad::biglaugh::wubclub:

OriginalYouth
06-09-2008, 12:22 AM
Don't worry, you made ALL 8 of us at the DFW retreat make decos and paper art dolls.... what goes around, comes around, right? lol!

DADAology
06-09-2008, 08:55 AM
Karen I love all your cards. Wow great job...

Pippin
06-09-2008, 09:31 AM
Fab cards Karen!!

Merlinprincesse
06-09-2008, 09:37 AM
This is a wonderful challenge! Can I join? :)

Pixeldog
06-09-2008, 11:06 AM
So I managed to complete the first two cards for this swap. I started by working from the examples of Nick Bantocks African postcard series. I thought about using authentic African imagery in a old world setting but decided that I rather put my own twist on the cards. I still wanted to use postal art, postal stamps, map overlays, aged patina coloring and distressed pitting but I wanted to update the primary subject to a more modern figure. I wanted the essence of NB but with my own photography thrown in. The cards are mounted on 1/16” heavy card stock and flooded with 2 layers of varnish. I rubber stamped some of the images and text at various stages of the build. There is stamping directly on the photo, some more stamping after the first coat of varnish and some after the last coat. The varnish itself is quite thick and looks wet all the time. In fact the cards look like they are encased in glass because they are so glossy. The scan doesn’t show this very well. Besides rubber stamping there are some found objects (like real stamps), gold embossing powder melted into the varnish and textural embossing (ie. The varnish heated up and a rubber stamp pressed directly into the pliable medium). These kind of card really have to be seen in person since so much of the effects come from holding the card at different angles whereby the light can show you all the different treatments. They are rather labor intensive but I think whoever gets them will like them.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/file.php?n=17840&w=o http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/file.php?n=17841&w=o

Pippin
06-09-2008, 11:11 AM
WOW awesome cards Sir PD! I love the twist with using modern images

ScramperSue
06-09-2008, 11:18 AM
HOLY COUCH CUSHIONS BATMAN!!! those cards FREAKIN' ROCK PD!!!:jiggy:

did you do an image transfer with those photos???

DADAology
06-09-2008, 01:15 PM
Wow...PD those are just wonderful. I too like the modern images.

DADAology
06-09-2008, 01:17 PM
Welcome Merlinprincesse

Merlinprincesse
06-09-2008, 01:39 PM
Thanks! :) And OH! Mr Pixel Dog has beautiful images!!! We will have to surpass ourselves... *glurp*

cairnlae
06-09-2008, 02:14 PM
Great googly moogly p-dawg!:wideeyed:LOL..those are pretty darn near to perfection in my eyes!!!:notworthy:

Pixeldog
06-09-2008, 02:41 PM
Thanks everybody for the nice comments, it's much appreciated.

I've been working on these for about 2 weeks now, mostly experimenting with varnish and how it interacts with heat, ink and the photo paper. There's a rather large pile of dead cards in my trash bin while I worked things out.

This swap is so cool and I've seen some great cards put out as we all try and figure out how to represent NB work. Woot Woot, bring on the returns.LOL

Bizzyare
06-09-2008, 02:58 PM
SHAZAM! Nice work out there. Ok, I am going to dive into mine and figure out how to post them (no camera-no scanner at the moment.:no:).

katilady
06-09-2008, 04:36 PM
I can't wait to see my returns on this one!!! Pixel...you rock!

cairnlae
06-09-2008, 07:41 PM
figure out how to post them (no camera-no scanner at the moment.:no:).

LOL...you could aways hold them up and shout to us!!!!

Or maybe do something against the law, get arrested and hold them up to the camera as they take you away-and we'll all tune it at 6 and 11!:wacko::P:twitcy:

OriginalYouth
06-10-2008, 11:36 AM
There's a rather large pile of dead cards in my trash bin while I worked things out.

Don't pitch them! Send them to me, I'll JAM on them and see if I can fix them! :D It'll be fun!

Pixeldog
06-10-2008, 12:25 PM
Sorry OY, I think all the experimental cards went out with the trash. I really killed some of them because I experimented with reactivating the varnish with a high intensity heat gun. There's a fine line between melting the embossing powder and boiling the varnish. I had to figure that out so I ended up burning through to the photograph layer and therefore destroying the card. (Gotta keep some trade secrets...LOL) It never occured to me to keep the cast offs so I trashed them and sent them out with the garbage. I actually have made six cards (should be able to upload 2 more tomorrow) but I'm only going to give away 4 of them for the swap. The last two I haven't totally decided what to do with them just yet.

altermyworld
06-10-2008, 10:23 PM
OK PD has inspired me, totally ....i would love to join.
Here is my card:
Heart of an African Queen. Shoot its not on this computer, its on my flickr account.
ANg

DADAology
06-11-2008, 10:20 AM
Welcome and you have been added!

Pixeldog
06-11-2008, 10:41 AM
Here's my last 2 cards for the swap. Annette, I won't be sending them out until next week as the varnish needs time to harden and therefore won't stick to the plastic sleeves. I'll be sending 4 cards so feel free to choose one of them for your hostess gift.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/file.php?n=18085&w=o http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/file.php?n=18086&w=o

dina54
06-11-2008, 11:12 AM
If it's not too late I would like to sign up for this swap.

liverson
06-11-2008, 12:57 PM
Well, these are done but I dont do alot of collage and well Im not sure what they really look like. Any suggestions!!

cairnlae
06-11-2008, 06:30 PM
I posted to one in your gallery liverson...I think the colors and textures are spot on!!!

Pippin
06-11-2008, 09:11 PM
I really like them! The only thing I can think of to add is maybe some distressed stamping? But its not really necessary!

DADAology
06-12-2008, 01:49 PM
I received Pippin's cards yesterday....great cards....

leann your cards are perfect...

Bizzyare
06-12-2008, 07:48 PM
very nice work liverson.

DADAology
06-13-2008, 01:26 PM
Dian54 you are added....and welcome

Pixeldog
06-16-2008, 10:45 PM
And they're off.....out of the gate and on the road.....through the post office, into the truck and around the turn into international lane....past customs and over the metal detectors....into the final stretch, it's neck in with other envies....yes, it's Nick Bantock lookalikes by a collaged nose.

Oh ya, I sent the cards off today. Look for 4 cards in the package and feel free to grab one of them as your hostess gift Annette.

dina54
06-16-2008, 11:19 PM
I just need an address and I will send these out. I am sending 4, keep one for a hosting gift :D (I am not posting pics of the last 2 as I can't get the scans to look anything like the cards IRL)

ScramperSue
06-17-2008, 05:57 AM
please send address...here are mine :) I have not decided which one I am keeping yet.:cool:

DADAology
06-17-2008, 01:14 PM
Received Anne's cards yesterday....great cards

DADAology
06-20-2008, 10:26 AM
Thank you Pixeldog.....can't wait to see them

LeAnne your terrific cards arrived yesterday......

DADAology
06-20-2008, 10:27 AM
ScamperSue
great looking cards....

DADAology
06-22-2008, 10:25 PM
LeMay's cards arrived Sat...they are so cool....thank you VERY much for the extra card....hard choice all are great.
Annette

jetleg
06-22-2008, 11:18 PM
I am sorry, I am going to have to withdraw from this swap. I can't seem to imitate Nick Bantocks' style. Everyone have fun....I will look forward to seeing what you all make.

DADAology
06-23-2008, 10:59 AM
sorry to here this.....but understand...I'm struggling myself....!

dina54
06-23-2008, 08:39 PM
Wondering if my cards have arrived yet?

Merlinprincesse
06-23-2008, 08:54 PM
Here are my 4 cards. The scan do not show them as they really are... :( THe golden colour is soooooo difficult to scan! You can see them in my gallery.

katilady
06-23-2008, 09:03 PM
Here are my 4 cards. The scan do not show them as they really are... :( THe golden colour is soooooo difficult to scan! You can see them in my gallery.

These are wonderful!

Pixeldog
06-23-2008, 09:35 PM
Nice cares Hélène, they look great.

cairnlae
06-23-2008, 09:46 PM
BEAUTIFUL job!!!!:jiggy:;)

Merlinprincesse
06-23-2008, 11:29 PM
AHHH!!!! Thank you guys! :spinny:

DADAology
06-24-2008, 01:04 AM
Dina54 - no not yet. But the mail seems slow lately.

Pixeldog....your amazing cards arrived today! No one can imagine how beautiful they are unless they actually see them.

Thanks for the extra card and the postage. Both are appreciated.

Merlinprincesse
06-24-2008, 09:29 AM
I've changed my cards since the China one was your fave, Dadalogy.... :) You can keep anyone though!

DADAology
06-24-2008, 10:25 AM
Gosh thank you. That is very nice. But like I said they are all great!

Bizzyare
06-24-2008, 10:26 AM
Merlinprincesse, Hello......awsome cards!

DADAology
06-24-2008, 08:51 PM
Dina your cards weren't here today. When did you mail them?

katilady
06-24-2008, 09:16 PM
I have decided to just swap 3 cards. I made 5, but have been inspired by other things as of late so haven't been able to get 2 more done. I will be putting the extra card in my gallery for trading, but I may be picky on what I trade for, I do like it! Anyway, Annette, there is no nice thank you letter in my envie so I want to thank you here for being brilliant about hosting this swap, also please pick out your favorite card for yourself as my gift!

DADAology
06-24-2008, 11:08 PM
Thank you Kati....it has been lots of fun....the cards that are coming in are just wonderful.....

dina54
06-24-2008, 11:15 PM
Dina your cards weren't here today. When did you mail them?

I mailed them on the 17th, last Tuesday! I absolutely refuse to allow them to be lost in the mail!!!!!!!!!!:arghh:

DADAology
06-25-2008, 12:48 AM
Sorry for the scare....they are here! My daughter brought in the mail and for some reason put it down in two places and I just found 3 pieces of mail next to the TV! So all is well.....
By the way thank you for the extra card.... another hard choice! all are great cards.

dina54
06-25-2008, 06:15 AM
YAY! *Doin' the Happy Dance* Glad you like them.

Summer5
06-25-2008, 11:23 AM
Whew, thought this was a July 16th deadline, what a relief its August 16th. Never collaged before. Sort of panicky, but finally attempted one and here it is....am I going in the right direction? Need some honest advice here... What everyone has posted so far is great! Really would love some of these atcs. Thanks for the help. Jo

DADAology
06-25-2008, 07:25 PM
It's dark on my computer so i can't see it too well, but looks like you are going in the right direction.

Annette

DADAology
06-25-2008, 07:31 PM
Just an FYI - please insure that your cards are flat in the envelope. Even then you may have to pay parcel rate because they are bulky. Karen yours arrived with 50 cents postage due and written on the evelope was ridged-parcel rate. When in doubt ask at the post office. Some post offices are not as strict as others. I'm only mentioning this so you will be aware when packing your cards. I actually received 3 like that this past week. Another one was from SC and one from NB.

Thanks.
Annette

DADAology
06-25-2008, 07:44 PM
By the way, I forgot to mention....that Cairnlae's card are way cool! And thank you very much for the extra card...I have it narrowed down to two....may have to close my eyes and just pick one up....:>)

egod
06-25-2008, 11:20 PM
I went for triptychs. I'm not sure these are complete. I'm pretty sure the exteriors are not. I'd like any suggestions. For some reason, I can't upload the second one. This one is "The Entertainer," the other is "The Cave" and is in my gallery.

cairnlae
06-25-2008, 11:26 PM
sorry about the postage thing! I admit that sometimes I do try to get away with .42 psotage when it's a bit questionable..I mean for all they know its just a really rigid birthday card!!!LOL...I'm just really skint right now(being unemployed really blows people)-to the point that I'm swiping stamps from my mothers desk drawer when I go over there!!!

DADAology
06-25-2008, 11:57 PM
No problem....glad you were part of the swap...looking forward to trading with all of you again.

I have given iTrader to all.....Again thanks for joining.
Annette

Merlinprincesse
06-28-2008, 07:32 AM
My cards went in the mail yesterday! :) Keep moi posted when received! I feel soooo great to have participated to that swap! I learned new things!!! And now, I have the "Sabine & Griffin" set, the Artful Dodger, "Urgent Second Class" and one pop! :) Hhehehehe. ;)

DADAology
06-29-2008, 04:42 PM
Merlinprincesse - I'm glad you have had fun. And glad you met a new artist. Thats a good thing...
Annette

katilady
06-29-2008, 08:20 PM
Mine went postal on Fri.

DADAology
06-30-2008, 08:53 AM
egod
that is pretty neat. A new twist on something is always a good thing. :>)

ScramperSue
07-03-2008, 12:26 AM
Mine are postal :)

katilady
07-03-2008, 12:50 AM
Any sight of mine yet?

DADAology
07-03-2008, 08:50 AM
Katilady
not yet. I looked through the box last night and I have received from 10 so far. Merlin Princesse's arrived yesterday they are wonderful and thank you so much for the extra....of course I chose the little child. Thanks again.

Merlinprincesse
07-03-2008, 01:52 PM
Cool! :)

DADAology
07-03-2008, 10:23 PM
Katilady your cards came today. great cards and thanks for the extra....

katilady
07-03-2008, 11:12 PM
Awesome! Thanks for letting me know. :)

egod
07-05-2008, 12:30 PM
Three more of the tri-folds (folded fit in sleeve). The first folds to envelope shape.

Merlinprincesse
07-06-2008, 10:21 AM
AH!!!! Erin!!! I just realized you were Gretchen! :) Beautiful and imaginative cards by the way!`:)

egod
07-06-2008, 07:52 PM
Thanks. I had a great time making them. I think perhaps a lot of people don't know my identity!

DADAology
07-07-2008, 08:39 AM
egod....great cards

goatgoddess
07-07-2008, 10:06 AM
here's the ones I did over the weekend. started out with a bronze paint - sanded and added distress inks - layered with a map printed out on rusted paper then a trans. of the lady with layers of glaze on each - added the text and stamp, black embossing powders, inks and more glaze. it's a darker card but the scan is still showing them a tone or so darker than it is.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/file.php?n=22690&w=mhttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/file.php?n=22691&w=mhttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/file.php?n=22689&w=mhttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/file.php?n=22688&w=m

thanks so much for hosting DADAology - sending you a extra for hosting :)

katilady
07-07-2008, 10:09 AM
They are really wonderful GG!

egod
07-07-2008, 05:32 PM
Very beautiful! Thanks for all the information on your process!

DADAology
07-07-2008, 06:38 PM
gg those are just wonderful...can't wait to see them and THANK YOU! for the extra card....

egod
07-08-2008, 12:18 PM
This is the outside of the envelope one (Fragments Enclosed).

OriginalYouth
07-08-2008, 01:27 PM
my cards for this swap are going postal today!

DADAology
07-08-2008, 04:08 PM
wow egod. those are terrific.

OY - I'll tell you when they arrive.

Would you believe I've just started mine.....! Made one and it was "crap" It's like photography, there's more to it than pointing and clicking....I should have stared last summer! egads...

eepy
07-09-2008, 09:45 PM
I didn't even get around to looking at this swap until too late to sign up. But I couldn't resist reading the entire 317 posts, admiring much of the work and being absolutely knocked out by some of them! I'm putting the idea on my back burner... want to do some of these for myself, and for trading!

I live in Bantock country and actually have some "off cuts" from artistamps he designed. Loved Griffin and Sabine of course, but my favourite is his Artful Dodger.
Great swap, Dada.., sorry I missed it!

cairnlae
07-09-2008, 11:50 PM
I wish I could find some of the NB rubberstamps but they are retired I guess..there was a site(oh yeah..I guess it was artiststamps) that used to carry them but they've disapeared...

Merlinprincesse
07-10-2008, 08:38 AM
Hey, Cairnlae, try this address.... I don't know if they still keep the stamps but there you can ask! :)
http://www.nickbantock.com/Bantock/Rubberstamps/Pelicos/Prices.html
Good luck!
ps: I have written an e-mail to know if the stamps are still available...

altermyworld
07-10-2008, 12:05 PM
Mine going in the mail today.
Ang

cairnlae
07-10-2008, 01:00 PM
Hey, Cairnlae, try this address.... I don't know if they still keep the stamps but there you can ask! :)
http://www.nickbantock.com/Bantock/Rubberstamps/Pelicos/Prices.html
Good luck!
ps: I have written an e-mail to know if the stamps are still available...

Oh yeah, Ive seen that set(it comes up on ebay once in awhile much cheaper than 25 bucks) but those aren't the ones I want...it was defintely the Limited Edition ones I was thinking about...

DADAology
07-11-2008, 09:26 AM
I have two sets of the Isle of Pelicos that I purchased way back in 2001. One is in the limited edition gift box which I don't use and then I have a set that I used. I also saw the other day that I have a signed book! I ordered it on line from Amazon used and it came in perfect shape and didn't realize it was signed until recently.

DADAology
07-11-2008, 09:27 AM
I received two great sets of cards yesterday.....from
GoatGoddess and Original Youth.....I'm beginning to feel really intimidated - sure wish I had started my cards earlier!!!!:unsure:

katilady
07-12-2008, 07:09 PM
One of the participants of the swap I am hosting sent me a wonderful gift with her cards: 10 Nick Bantock postcards and some of the faux postal stamps he created! These would have come in super handy when I was making my cards. I will use them for inspiration on making more cards to trade!

egod
07-12-2008, 10:54 PM
We'll be watching for those cards! Actually, I have one extra for trading. I just haven't decided which one yet.

sometomato
07-13-2008, 08:37 PM
OMG! I haven't even started, but have been accumulating materials and ideas... and then, this weekend in Minneapolis, I went to the St Paul Antiques mall and spent $70 ( I could ill afford, but, hey! it's for ART!) on vintage postcards and photos. Now I am really ready to get home, spread it all out and get going!

(BTW, keep an eye on the lounge thread for the Live Meet in Minneapolis to see some photos of our meet there soon! We had a BLAST!)

katilady
07-13-2008, 09:13 PM
I can't wait to see what you make sometomato!

DADAology
07-14-2008, 01:22 AM
I'm excited to see too.

insanebrainpain
07-15-2008, 12:49 PM
WOW!!! I just finished looking though Urgent, 2nd edition.
I am in awe- and I'm inspired.
May I join please?

DADAology
07-15-2008, 04:40 PM
The deadline has past but if no one objects I don't mind. The deadline is Aug 15. If you miss the deadline I will not hold the swap.

katilady
07-15-2008, 07:23 PM
No objections here.

insanebrainpain
07-15-2008, 08:48 PM
ooops! I got so excited after flipping through his work- I didn't even stop to check out the sign up deadline (then I went to the library to look for his books). :embarrassed:
I promise not to be late with the cards- but I do not want to overstep- no worries if it's better I sit this one out.

Just let me know.....
And thanks for offering! :D

OriginalYouth
07-16-2008, 12:25 AM
The deadline has past but if no one objects I don't mind. The deadline is Aug 15. If you miss the deadline I will not hold the swap.

Yeah Right, like serious folk like me and Kati and PD would object to MORE art....

artandsoul
07-16-2008, 08:15 AM
Dadaology--
...sorry to drop in here, but I've been looking around to join your "crow" swap and can't find it. If there are still spaces avaiable, I'd love to play. . . or be put on a waiting list in case of cancelations -if that's possible. If I'm not too late, please add me and tell me where to find your "crow" swap again. Thanks.

DADAology
07-16-2008, 09:29 AM
Insane looks like you are in!!!!

DADAology
07-16-2008, 09:39 AM
ScamperSue thank you for the extra card and cool napkins...great texture papers. Great cards too!

Joni your cool cards arrived too and thank so much for all the neat papers....!!

DADAology
07-17-2008, 09:23 AM
Altermyworld - your cards arrived and they are so cool. Thank you for the little envies...did you make them? They are really neat.

altermyworld
07-17-2008, 06:17 PM
Yeah they arrived, no i did not make those little vellum envies but thought you might like them . i hope you do anyways.
ANg

insanebrainpain
07-17-2008, 07:49 PM
Yippeeeee! Thanks for letting me join in.
I've already started.....

DADAology
07-18-2008, 12:29 PM
The envies are just too cool.

Welcome Insanebrainpain -every time I see that I cringe 'cause I think of ice cream brain freeze!!! OUCH!

gourdhead1997
07-20-2008, 09:22 PM
Well, I was finally able to get mine finished. I hope they meet with everyone's approval. They are in my gallery if anyone is curious.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?u=536

katilady
07-20-2008, 10:13 PM
They are freaking awesome Gourdhead!

Merlinprincesse
07-20-2008, 11:23 PM
Yes, Gourdhead, beautiful cards! :)

DADAology
07-21-2008, 09:01 AM
gourdy those are absolutely fantastic. I can't wait to see them in person. They are awesome.....

egod
07-23-2008, 04:06 PM
Mine went in the mail today!

DADAology
07-23-2008, 05:51 PM
I'll let you know when they arrive

DADAology
07-23-2008, 05:54 PM
Summer I just saw yours. It is great!

sometomato
07-24-2008, 07:33 PM
Wow! Gourdhead's cards are wild! I had better get busy!

DADAology
07-25-2008, 09:13 AM
Summer your cards have arrived!! great job, thanks for the card.....tough choice.

stormarela
07-26-2008, 06:09 PM
Here is my first one. I'm still glueing the others!

katilady
07-26-2008, 06:11 PM
Lovely Stormy!

gourdhead1997
07-26-2008, 09:53 PM
Awesome, Stormarella. Very nice!

stormarela
07-26-2008, 11:08 PM
thanks for all the encouragement. My kitchen table is 6 inches deep in oddities now, all intended for collage. of course, thats alot of material, I might be making 800 Nick Bantock cards just to get back to the wood of the table...... here are 2 more.
I'm going to try something a bit different for the next ones.