DADAology

Boomer Sooner
Media
THE ART OF NICK BANTOCK - COLLAGE SWAP

Sign-up/Withdraw by: 30 June 2008
Cards Due: No later than 15 Aug
# Players: unlimited US - 5 International
# of Cards: 3/3 or 6/6

20 iTrader pts required to join this swap.

When I first picked up a copy of Griffin and Sabine I was hooked, even before knowing that there would be books to follow. I found that I would get angry, wondering why this guy didn’t hurry and release another book, never occurring to me at the time that perhaps he hadn’t actually written another book! Thank goodness he did. The hook for me was the mystery of it all, the strange art was just icing on the cake!

This Swap is all about his collage art. He is a master at it (raking in $1500.00 for postcard size art…why aren’t we doing that?) Please before signing up, if you are not familiar with his work please check out his web site; www.nickbantock.com .

Please do not slap a stamp on a card and send it in. A lot of his work is layered, detailed and tedious, while other pieces are simple but very strong visually. SEE IF THIS WILL CLEAR UP THE CONFUSSION. The goal is to capture his style and technique to the best of your ability. Bantock’s miniature collages are detailed and rich, with paint, pastel and gold powders, most are partially created from elements of old stamps, maps and currency. He used pictures of Old World Treasures from Egypt, China and other parts of Asia. I have seen scrolls and OUIJI boards as back grounds. There are illustrations of flowers and small animal/reptile skeletons. His work offered up intrigue and mystery and the feeling of the black arts. I find them wierd and eery.

When in doubt hold your work up to something of his as ask yourself - "would one think of Bantock when they look at my work?'

Please submit quality work, free from sticky patches of glue and pieces that have not been glued down good. AS always use good quality card stock, and put your art in plastic sleeves for their protection. Work not following the guidelines will be returned.

Put your address on your return envelope with the same amount of postage you used to mail your cards to me. Your user name and the swap name should be on both your envelope and cards.

Swap will not be held for late cards.

No more than 10 International Players for this swap. I will pay for return postage on International Players. An extra card would be appreciated but not necessary to join.

Please PM me as well as requesting to join in the thread.

Names in RED have arrived.

1 rocketwoman - MO HAVE NOT HAD ANY COMMUNICATION AT ALL ??
20 sometomatoe - Vermont
26 Bizzyare - WI WERE MAILED LAST WEEK SHOULD BE HERE MON
17 ME!! I forgot

32 Insanebrainpain - IL
12 Gourdhead1997 - KY
28 Bright-Spark - Scotland
23 Summer5 - Canada
22 CityKitten - Australia
8 Stormarela - Canada
2 egod - AR

3 jetleg - WA Withdrew
4 katilady - CA
5 OriginalYouth - TX
6 Cairnlae - SC

7 Adifferentstory - UK - WITHDREW
9 TherapyArtist - NY - WITHDREW
10 Kat - NC
11 Amyfaerie - PA - WITHDREW

13 Pixeldog - Canada
14 Janiselain - WA
15 Goatgoddess - TX
16 Curbsidetreasure - CA
18 Pippin - Canada

19 Anne - Eng

21 ScamperSue - NJ
24 Rea - UK WITHDREW
25 iverson - NY

27 Joni - SC
29 Lemay - NJ
30 Merlin Princesse - Q. City

31 Altermyworld - Canada

32 Dina54 - RI

Last edited:
I would love to be in this swap. I have 6 of his books. I love the art and of course, the mystery of it all. His books are amazing...

I will give this a (hard) try! It looks really interesting! Sign me up! (jetleg is responsible for me getting in this one, too! Someone make her stop! lol)

WOW I am so excited about this one for sure.....Thank you all for joining.....
Annette
I have another one Nick Bantock swap that will be added as soon as I close one of the other swaps...Hope you will like it as well.
Annette

Here are the 6 cards I am working on!

2490722069_6e90494552.jpg

In progress. These have about 5 layers on them.

stamping
tissue paper
ink and acrylics
collage glue
postage stamps
more glaze
rubber stamps with ink and paint
gold pigment powder wash

wow they are wonderful.....thanks for posting them - for sure inspiration for the rest of us......

Back
Top Bottom