PDA

View Full Version : Fabric RRs - who wants to play?

Bright-Spark
05-26-2008, 05:04 AM
FULL – Thanks for looking!

I have just done a great weekend course in Batik, and looking at my samples, I thought it would be nice to share them around…..

4 sets of 3 cards, to do with what you will! Embellish with hand embroidery, machine stitching, paint on them, add beads, paper, anything goes. I want to see where these end up with a bit of everyone’s imaginations contributing!

Each is a set of 3 cards. I will cut the backgrounds slightly larger than ATC, so not so restrictive to work with, and send all 3 to player 2 who adds (the same or nearly the same) work to each of the cards and sends all three on to player 3. Player 3 adds the (the same or nearly the same) work to the cards, keeps one, and sends the remaining two back to me. I keep one and send the last one back to player 2.

This is my first RR, so be gentle with me. It looks like RRs fill up quickly here, but not sure of the demand for fabric ones? I would like to post out by Wednesday 28th if possible, because I am then away until Monday 2 June, so they wouldn’t go out until that week.

Please indicate in the post your first and second preferences for sets. I will limit players to two sets, unless I only find a couple of takers!!

Any questions, please PM me. Let’s see how this goes!

Set 1: Very subtle aqua and pale grey purple
Player 1. Bright-Spark
Player 2. Sandymutt
Player 3. Ibus

Set 2: Purple, pale pinky purple and orange blobs
Player 1. Bright-Spark
Player 2. Rockstarsgirl
Player 3. ScramperSue

Set 3: Multicoloured with some black
Player 1. Bright-Spark
Player 2. Ibus
Player 3. DotmatrixHero

Set 4: Pale green, lemon and white (set complete, ATC winging it's way to Sandymutt)
Player 1. Bright-Spark
Player 2. Sandymutt
Player 3. ScramperSue

PS I have washed these, so colours subtle

ScramperSue
05-26-2008, 05:21 AM
Can I be in the purple and lemon groups please?

Bright-Spark
05-26-2008, 06:04 AM
Yippeeee, I got a reply.....

Thanks ScramperSue, since you are first you get to choose whether you are player 2 or 3 in the groups.

Sandymutt
05-26-2008, 12:16 PM
Sure I would love to play. Can I have 2 places? Any spot would be great to play on. I love working on RR's and to have Fab backgrounds would be a blast to work on. Seeing I can add paintings to them it will be a fun look;)

Ibus
05-26-2008, 01:34 PM
I would, can I have a couple of places in any of the first three groups please!!

DotMatrixHero
05-26-2008, 01:38 PM
Id love to play! Can I be spot number 3 in set 3 please?

Bright-Spark
05-26-2008, 07:34 PM
I have allocated some slots - sorry Scamper Sue, as I offered you the choice! But I thought since Sandymutt mentioned painting I felt we should let her do her stuff first....

Thanks to all.

Sandymutt
05-26-2008, 10:04 PM
Oh you can let Scamper Sue be placed in 2nt place. I can paint anything that would fit with the theme thats set off 1st. Also its not a problem for me to work around others work. So you can set me as a 3th player so sue can be a 2nt player.np. I'm happy any place i'm put at. ;)

Ibus
05-26-2008, 10:08 PM
Can I have it please? If you want to keep it to 2 per person, please swop me from one of my number 2s so I have the 3rd after Sandy and another 2nd place.

ScramperSue
05-26-2008, 10:17 PM
it does not matter to me, it's cool! :)

rockstarsgirl
05-26-2008, 10:36 PM
i'm not sure if there is still a space, but if there is, I'll take it.

Ibus
05-26-2008, 11:11 PM
Rockstargirl, there's a place for you. If Brightspark moves me from 2nd in Set 2 to 3rd in Set 1 you get that spot. (If she won't you get 3rd in Set 1 :D)

Sandymutt
05-27-2008, 12:00 AM
LOL I sure hope we haven't messed you up too much Bright-spark. Looks like everyone is ok with moving around. LOL Its musical sets instead of chairs.:jiggy: Looks like Rockstargirl will make this swap full then ;). It sure did fill up fast. But we all know they do.;)

Bright-Spark
05-27-2008, 01:41 AM
Goodness, you go to bed, and it's all done for you! Thanks ladies. I hope I have fixed it they way suggested?

I will PM you for addresses - I have a couple already.

I have a stash of hand dyed fabic which could be put to good use, so could well attempt this again....

rockstarsgirl
05-27-2008, 03:16 AM
whoo hoo! can't wait for these to come around. i really love these RR's

Ibus
05-27-2008, 01:10 PM
Thanks Brightspark, that's perfick! I thought having caused Rockstargirls confusion by asking for the third spot, I should at least clarify it for her! :)

Bright-Spark
05-28-2008, 10:47 AM
These got posted out today.

Have fun!

Sandymutt
05-28-2008, 01:38 PM
I will be on the look out for one set to get to me to play on. This will be so much fun. LOL:)

Ibus
05-30-2008, 08:43 AM
My set are here.

rockstarsgirl
06-04-2008, 01:38 AM
I got my cards today too. Now...I've never learned how to use a sewing machine, so expect some hand sewn crafty-ness from me. lol

Sandymutt
06-05-2008, 01:00 AM
Well I wanted to let you know I receiver both sets and have already finished the Pale green,lemon and white set. I will get them ready to send off to scramper sue. Still thinking as to what I will add to the Very subtle aqua and pale gray purple. But I will work on it in the next day or two and let you see what I came up with. Here is the set that I have done. Hope you both like the cards. It was fun to paint on fabric.;)

Bright-Spark
06-05-2008, 03:01 AM
Well Rockstargirl, any hand sewn craftyness will be very welcome!

And Sandymutt, those cards look brilliant. I can't believe what you have been able to do, especially if this is the first time you have painted on fabric. Have fun with the second set.

This is really exciting. I can see I am going to enjoy sending off cards to see what others can do with them!

Sandymutt
06-05-2008, 10:33 AM
Bright-Spark, Im so happy that you like how the cards came out. I know that scramper sue will add some cool art and get them finished up. I did put my address lable on the back but it can be pulled off if need to change things scramper sue. You can add the solid white to the backing if your going to add a edge around the cards.Whatever you think would be fun to do. Can't wait to see what you will add to these. I will need to go to the PO to get them stamped and ready to head off for the next step of artwork to be added.

Sandymutt
06-06-2008, 12:23 AM
Well I was able to finish off my other set of card for the Very subtle aqua and pale grey purple. I will get them sent off to Ibus in the morning. Here is how they turned out. I hope you like them;) The picture is not showing the true color as it is in person. They are more purple looking. This picture seemed to show a reddish tint to them..... Looking forward to see what Ibus will be adding to these. It will be so much fun to see how these fabric cards turn out in the end ;)

rockstarsgirl
06-06-2008, 12:32 AM
Your paintings are soooo pretty. Great job!!

Sandymutt
06-06-2008, 08:24 PM
TY, I have so much fun working with paint. And all the colors that acrylics come in really makes them alot of fun. Also really easy to mix colors and such. So if you every start playing in acrylics you just may get hooked . I know I did :P I do love to paint;)

ScramperSue
06-12-2008, 09:43 PM
Group#4 (see Sandymutt's pics at top of page) is now finished, so 2 are on their way back to Bright-Spark :)

I embossed a sun and clouds on the card, following Sandy's lead. First I used rubber stamps, then just used an embossing ink pen to add more EP (fabric actually soaks up ep)

Ibus
06-12-2008, 10:09 PM
I've posted off the set I had to DotMatrixhero in London and got the set from Sandy today.

Bright-Spark
06-13-2008, 12:57 AM
Thanks for the update Ibus, good to track where they are.

And I love what you have done ScramperSue. These are looking amazing, considering how they started out!

DotMatrixHero
06-13-2008, 04:36 AM
I got my set from Ibus today, theyre looking good! I will be working on these over the next few days

ScramperSue
06-13-2008, 03:30 PM
Thanks for the update Ibus, good to track where they are.

And I love what you have done ScramperSue. These are looking amazing, considering how they started out!yes the 3 of us make a good team ;)

Sandymutt
06-15-2008, 12:08 AM
Oh WOW ScramperSue, I love what you added to the cards. The sun and clouds were the finished touch that they needed. We did make a great team. I can't wait to see how it all looks in person.;).....I'm sure looking forward to what you will be adding to the card Ibus. Its aways good to know that they make it safe and sound.;).... I sure love these Fabric cards. Hope you plan to do another RR swap Bright-Spark. I would love to be added in the next go-a-round.:yes:

Bright-Spark
06-19-2008, 02:33 PM
Set 4 have arrived! and they are even more amazing in person than in the scans.

Thank you so much Sandymutt and ScramperSue!

I will get your's off to you tomorrow, Sandymutt.

And yes, I will be doing this again. I have a stash of hand dyed fabric, just itching to be used........

rockstarsgirl
06-19-2008, 04:52 PM
ok....mine are done. I sewed all 3 layers together and they're like little pillows. Hope you all like them!
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/file.php?n=19791&w=m

They'll be going to ScramperSue in the morning.

Bright-Spark
06-19-2008, 05:33 PM
I just spotted them in the gallery. I love what you have done with them.

Plenty of space for ScramperSue still to play!

DotMatrixHero
06-21-2008, 06:24 PM
Hello fellow RR players! Just letting you all know I havnt disappeared - someone quit at my work so Ive been just swamped all week covering their shifts! As a result I havent added to my cards yet, but after tuesday Ive been given three days off :wubclub: so those are my next art days coming up!

Sandymutt
06-21-2008, 11:52 PM
Oh Boy I will be looking forward to getting mine. WOW rockstarsgirl. Love what you did on your sets. Love the bead work you added. Looking forward to seeing what ScramperSue will be adding .;)

Bright-Spark
06-22-2008, 03:39 AM
Thanks for the update DotMatrixHero. Sounds like you will be shattered, and need at least three days off!

Isn't it annoying when work gets in the way of ATC making!!

DotMatrixHero
06-26-2008, 08:23 AM
Set 3 are finished!!
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/file.php?n=20928&w=l
These will be sent on monday (aka payday!)

Bright-Spark
06-26-2008, 09:36 AM
Well done DotMatrixhero, especially with everything else that is going on for you just now!

These are really amazing, I can't believe how all of these have turned out.

Everyone has been really brilliant with what they have added.

rockstarsgirl
06-26-2008, 02:44 PM
Wow. Those are really great!

Sandymutt
06-30-2008, 12:49 AM
I wanted to let you know I received my card for group 4. We all did a great job. Off to give iTrader points;)

Bright-Spark
06-30-2008, 01:07 AM
Thanks for letting us know they arrived safely.

Bright-Spark
07-07-2008, 06:54 PM
Set 2 have arrived home, and they look great! (They took a bit of detour to my neighbours, but were delivered safely this evening).

I will be sending Rockstarsgirl's out tomorrow.

Thank you to both Rockstarsgirl and ScramperSue for playing!

Ibus
07-07-2008, 08:11 PM
My card arrived today and I posted off the two for you and Sandy, you should get them tomorrow.

ScramperSue
07-07-2008, 11:56 PM
thanks, i wasn't as pleased with my addition as i had hoped i would be, sorry :(

Bright-Spark
07-08-2008, 06:17 PM
set 1 arrived today, direct too, I think! (bypassed the neighbours)

They are really lovely - thank you Sandymutt and Ibus. I will get one in the post tomorrow.

And as for you ScramperSue, I think the cards look great. I especially like your piece on the back, so true!

Sandymutt
07-19-2008, 11:22 PM
OMG I just recived the card back today that You , Ibus and I worked on. It turned out so cool. Off to give you girls a iTrade point. ;)