Vicki Z
08-02-2019, 09:26 AM
ATC Swap Due Date: October 13, 2019
Signup/Withdraw Date: October 13, 2019
Number of ATCs: 3 for 3 or 6 for 6
Number of Participants: Unlimited
Media: Any and all mediums and techniques are welcome

Spooky Halloween – Due October 13, 2019

Come in for a spell and enjoy this spirited and spooky swap! Create ATCs that are certain to make things go bump in the night with a wicked color palette of spooky purples, eerie oranges and moonlit blacks. You will have a “spooktacular” good time creating your frightful ATCs (NO APCs allowed) of chilling, fear-inspiring, scary ATCs vampires, witches and monsters. Make no bones about it, you need to sign up NOW....

Halloween is filled with traditions and superstitions, and the night is rampant with a plethora of Halloween critters. In Victorian times, Halloween was more of a PARTY than the solemn/spooky holiday we celebrate today. In older days, Halloween was the traditional time for divination for the coming year, often as games for children. It was the favored time to determine the identity of one's future spouse, the location of one's future home, and how many children a person might have. Seasonal foods such as apples and nuts were often employed. Apples were bobbed. Apples were peeled. Apples were thrown.

As autumn approaches, we see fun, frightful scenes that symbolize Halloween. Look to the stores, the malls, the neighbor's house. With customs and traditions that vary widely by community, Halloween now inspires parades and carnivals, corn mazes, haunted houses, neighborhood and school parties, pumpkin festivals, and even pumpkin catapulting. Halloween remains a much anticipated celebration of the macabre in the face of approaching winter.

Your cards can be spooky, or superstitious. (Cards are due on the 13th!!!!) You can depict witches, warlocks, ghosts, or monsters. You can show skulls, skeletons, Spells and/or Magick. (NOT stage magic). Anything to do with Halloween, as long as it is spooky.
The only thing NOT ALLOWED is cute, kids, or cute kids (dressed up for Halloween).

Additional:
I have been asked about CARDS THAT MOOVE,

Halloween is that eerie, spooky, creepy, time of year, when we tend to see movement out of the corners of our eyes, a time when ghosts and monsters appear behind bushes, and things appear just barely within our sight, and everything seems to shimmer and move.

Many of you already know that cards that lift, slide, spin, pop up, or in any way moove, are my favorite cards. So, since you asked about cards the moove, you are invited to pick your Halloween critter, and make some cards that show moovement.

Think Zombies that shamble, Frankenstein that stomps, spooks that shudder, ghosts that glide, bats that fly, apparitions that flutter, vampires that rise from their coffin. In fact, a coffin lid that opens on a brad, or lifts with a fold-down top are some of the easiest cards to make that still move!!!!!!

You do NOT have to make ATCs that move, but, if you send in a SPOOKY HALLOWEEN CARD that moves, slides, or pops up, I will assure you get back at least one card in return that moves, possibly more than one, depending on how many cards come in.

For anyone confused about "cards that move", I have numerous ATCs in my gallery of cards that spin, fold, move, lift, and pull out. They are labeled as cards that move, but you may have to look for them since they move as I add and delete cards.

* This is a 3 for 3 or 6 for 6 card trade. Make 3 or 6 cards and receive the same number back.

* ALL mediums and techniques are welcome. Please make sure you add some depth to your cards, whatever style you choose. Your mediums can include, but are not limited to: paper, tissue paper, crayon, acrylic, watercolor, gel pens, colored pencil, rubber stamping, ink, newspaper clippings, magazine clippings, etc. Please do not take an image, cut it out, glue it to a card, and call it done. Color the background. Add some texture. Add more than one image. Make the ATC YOUR CREATION! I do ask that you send in your best work. Something you would not be disappointed in receiving if it was sent to you.

* Please sign up by posting to this thread. I will acknowledge you and add your user name to the participant list below.
* ONLY ATCs allowed. No APCs accepted.
* All cards need to be sent each in their own plastic sleeve.
* All cards need to be standard ATC size: 2.5” x 3.5”
* All cards need to be sturdy enough to earn the name “card” (no floppy or flimsy paper). If it is created on a single sheet of paper, and "flimsy", please back your ATC with something stiffer, or more firm, such as a cereal box.
* Just as important, check for cards that are too thick. Each card must still be capable of fitting into the standard ATC sleeve. If your ATC will not fit into an ATC sleeve, it is too bulky.
* Please put the Swap name and your Username on the back of all cards. And please write clearly on everything!
.....We can't give you itrades and/or You Rock! points if we don't know who you are.
* Please confirm there is enough postage on both the envelope you send to me, and the envelope I need to send back to you.
* If you are unsure about mailing ATCs, or just may want to pick up some good tips for shipping, here is a great link.
http://atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=909 (http://http://atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=909)

* If you are inside the U.S., please include a Self Addressed Stamped Envelope 4 by 9 1/2 inches, with 55 cents postage, or one "Forever" stamp if trading 3 cards; or one forever and one 15 cent stamp (additional ounce postage) if trading 6 cards, OR if your cards are extra heavy or extra bulky (or 2 forever stamps if that is easier).

* International participants, if you have U.S. funds, or U.S. postage, it is greatly appreciated. However, since many of you do not have access to U.S. stamps, I will cover your postage. Please include a self addressed envelope 4 by 9 1/2 inches (10 x 28 cm), or if you do not have the correct size envelope, please include a large mailing label with your address and I will provide the envelope.

* I apologize for being so demanding about the envelope size, but the postal rates in the US charge extra for thickness. When cards are stacked, or overlapped, in (a smaller) envelope, it almost always costs more to mail. If you send me a small envy, the cards get stacked. When I use the 4 inch by 9 1/2 inch business size envelopes, I can spread the cards over the area, making a THIN package, and only pay for basic (minimum) postage.

* Cards are due IN MY HANDS by October 13, 2019. Please allow sufficient lead time for cards to get to me, particularly if you are an International participant. Returns will be mailed promptly. Late cards will be returned, as it is unfair to those participants who always have their cards in early or on time.

* A hostie card in this theme is appreciated but not at all expected!

* Thank you for considering this swap! If you have my address from previous swaps, it hasn't changed. If you are new, or have not been in one of my swaps for a while, I’ll PM you with my address when you sign up!

* Above all ~Have fun!!!

Here are some links to help you get started:

Traditional Halloween Magick With Fruit, grain or seeds, and Nuts:
A popular activity on Halloween in Bobbing for Apples, and a variation of Bobbing for Apples has apples hung on string and mandates that whoever bites the apple first in the group will be the first to marry.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobbing_for_apples

Fun Divination Games
Girls who placed the apple they bobbed under their pillows are said to dream of their future love.
Apples were peeled, the peel tossed over the shoulder, and its shape examined to see if it formed the first letter of the future spouse's name.
Nuts were roasted on the hearth and their movements interpreted - if the nuts stayed together, so would the couple.
Another Halloween Game:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snap-dragon_(game)

At weddings, the tradition of throwing rice or other grain at a wedding evolved from an older custom wherein apples were originally thrown. Apples were considered a symbol of health and fertility.

Traditional Pumpkin Carving:
Pumpkins and pumpkin carving (as well as carving turnips and other large vegetables) are traditional activities at Halloween.
Carving pumpkins is fun, and has a long history back to turnip carving in Ireland.
Cinderella’s Fairy Godmother turns a pumpkin into a carriage
People are reputedly turned into pumpkins on this night.
The headless horseman hurls a pumpkin across the bridge in the Legend of Sleepy Hollow
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pumpkin#Halloween
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack-o%27-lantern

Traditional Halloween Magick with Mirrors:
If one looks into a mirror on Halloween, one will see the reflection of their future spouse. This is often associated with gazing into the mirror by candle light.
http://www.thehalloweenday.com/superstitions/index.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hand_mirror

Traditional Halloween Magick near Water:
If a girl looks into a spring of water on Halloween night, she will see the reflection of her life partner in the water. This superstition is often associated with the girl carrying a lamp.
If an unmarried girl carries a broken egg in a glass and takes it to a spring of water, she will be able to catch the glimpse of not just her future husband, but by mixing some spring water into the glass, she can also see the reflection of her future kids.

Current Participants Listed in following post.
Apparently I have already used up all the space I have been allotted in this post :0(
Please see Post #2 for Participant List

Vicki Z
08-02-2019, 02:18 PM
This Swap always has SPOOK-TACT-ULAR entries.

Current Participants
Spooky Halloween – Due October 13, 2019

*1. An. M. Sudyka - Cards Received 8/21
*2. SpottedCrow - Cards Received 8/30
*3. Laffqueen - Cards Received 08/08
*/. beltaine66 - WITHDREW
*/. ravenshadow - WITHDREW
*/. ksj1717- WITHDREW
*/. TNOL - WITHDREW
*4. Ancient Planter - Cards Received 9/06
5. Bu Bay Lai - Cards Received 10/07
6. Deb2015 - Cards Received 8/24
7. redlionspride - Cards Received 9/16
8. Carriesmith84 - Cards Received 9/16
*9. Boots - Cards Received 9/13
*10. Amandawas - Cards Received 9/12
*11. stephiedee - Cards Received 9/19
*12. Bea - Cards Received 9/28
*13. Vicki Z - Cards Received 9/13
*14. Suzi - Cards Received 9/19
*15. bluevioletz - Cards Received 9/12
*16. JenUrebel - Cards Received 10/04
*17. Binx3535 - Cards Received 10/13
*18. mrubyjean - Cards Received 10/09

* INTERNATIONAL

Vicki Z
08-02-2019, 02:20 PM
It has been in the 90's all week, and over night last night it was 51 degrees.
It is already starting to feel like Halloween.

An. M. Sudyka
08-02-2019, 06:19 PM
We have had cool weather all week, thank goodness. You're right it's already starting to feel like Halloween.
Sign me up for this swap.

ravenshadow
08-02-2019, 11:43 PM
Oh my, oh dear... I signed up on other Halloween themed swap to keep my busy... do I dare take on more? HECK YEAH! Halloween in blowing up in my art studio this year! Please sign me up! Oh do I have spooky plans for this one, HAHA!

Stahlrala
08-03-2019, 03:33 AM
lurking

SpottedCrow
08-03-2019, 09:39 AM
I wait all summer for this!
One of my favorite swaps!

Please sign me up.

Laffqueen
08-03-2019, 12:48 PM
First 2 done. Please sign me up

Laffqueen
08-03-2019, 03:07 PM
This card does it all. Gates that open and close. an owl that moves to reveal a witch and a witch that moves to reveal a cat on a pumpkin!

Vicki Z
08-03-2019, 06:09 PM
Welcome An. M. Sudyka, SpottedCrow, Laffqueen, and ravenshadow.
I signed you up.

Vicki Z
08-03-2019, 06:09 PM
LOVE your cards, Laffqueen.
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that they Moooooove!!!!!
Thanks for posting such SPOOKTACTULAR cards.

Laffqueen
08-04-2019, 01:39 PM
Cat head springs out to create a very 3D effect

ksj1717
08-04-2019, 04:04 PM
Please sign me up! This looks like a lot of fun!

Vicki Z
08-04-2019, 04:18 PM
Welcome ksj1717. I signed you up.

SpottedCrow
08-05-2019, 12:01 PM
I had the best day yesterday with my Halloween stash. More to come !

Haunting- decorative paper, magazine image, glitter gel pen, glow-in-the dark paint, rhinestones

Other Side- magazine background, packing tape image, magazine text, gelatos

R.I.P.- watercolor background, embossed crow, magazine image

Laffqueen
08-05-2019, 12:08 PM
SpottedCrow these are spot on

SpottedCrow
08-05-2019, 12:16 PM
Laffqueen thanks so much! I like your cards as well, the cat is very cool!

This really is one of my favorite swaps. :)

Vicki Z
08-05-2019, 01:37 PM
AWESOME cards, ladies.
Keep them coming.

Vicki Z
08-05-2019, 01:38 PM
I had the best day yesterday with my Halloween stash. More to come !

Haunting- decorative paper, magazine image, glitter gel pen, glow-in-the dark paint, rhinestones

Other Side- magazine background, packing tape image, magazine text, gelatos

R.I.P.- watercolor background, embossed crow, magazine image

SPOOKTACTULAR cards.
I think Haunting is my favorite, but they are all FAB

Imbrium
08-05-2019, 02:13 PM
Lurking. I draw cutsey things. Is that ok?

Ancient Planter
08-05-2019, 02:53 PM
YEAH!! Halloween Season has begun! Of course you must sign me up :jiggy: Such wonderfully spooky art already posted!!

But don't get me started on that silly petition to change Halloween from the 31st to the last weekend in October -- Sacrilege!!

Vicki Z
08-05-2019, 04:20 PM
YEAH!! Halloween Season has begun! Of course you must sign me up :jiggy: Such wonderfully spooky art already posted!!

But don't get me started on that silly petition to change Halloween from the 31st to the last weekend in October -- Sacrilege!!

I am glad you noticed that stupid, sacrilegious, inane, ridiculous, (silly) petition.
No one else knows what I am talking about......:shocked ::wideeyed: :no:

Welcome.
I signed you up.

Vicki Z
08-05-2019, 04:21 PM
Lurking. I draw cutsey things. Is that ok?

Drawing is fine.
Cutsey will have to be saved for another swap. Cards must be spooky/scary.
Please see rules on the first page, in the first post.

ksj1717
08-06-2019, 07:53 AM
Great cards, everyone!

Bu Bay Lai
08-06-2019, 10:18 AM
Please sign me up!

Vicki Z
08-07-2019, 12:48 PM
Please sign me up!

Welcome Bu Bay Lai.
I signed you up.

Vicki Z
08-08-2019, 08:45 AM
Michaels is already getting in their Halloween stamping supplies and embellishments:twitcy:
(Just in case you'all NEED more.) :jiggy:

SpottedCrow
08-08-2019, 09:54 AM
Oh Don't tempt me !! Every time I say I don't need one more stamp..well you know how that goes ;)

I am waiting for my fall catalogs to come in . Always something fun to use for Spooky Halloween.

Vicki Z
08-08-2019, 10:10 AM
Oh Don't tempt me !! Every time I say I don't need one more stamp..well you know how that goes ;)

I am waiting for my fall catalogs to come in . Always something fun to use for Spooky Halloween.

You always get your Fall catalogs before I get my Fall catalogs.
Not fair!
But I still love ya!

Ancient Planter
08-08-2019, 10:25 AM
I got a couple of Halloween decor catalogs a week ago :jiggy: Grandin Road and another that G.R. sold our address to (one of the few times I'm not unhappy to have our address sold). I was in Michaels 2 weeks ago looking at the Halloween stuff, but I resisted. We bought a lot of stuff last year since, for 12 years in Sequim, we were in a retirement area where no one decorated for Halloween or even much for Christmas so we didn't have a lot. We did a little, but down here it goes crazy for both holidays. Grandin Road got a few hundred $$ from us and Alan went nuts getting ghosts put up in the attic windows and skeletons crawling up the house (he wore a plague dr. costume to hand out candy). I designed it all, of course, but couldn't do much due to my neck at that time. We also put a cemetery on our front lawn. My dream of a crime scene cemetery I decided was perhaps a little gruesome for all the kids in the neighborhood... and then I discovered a house down the street had made a FABULOUS crime scene cemetery! Those folks sold their house a couple of months ago so I may be able to do one this year without looking like I'm just copying them. I have real "Do Not Cross. Crime Scene" tape that I got from a CSI person in Las Vegas (we went to a Road Scholar Real CSI Vegas seminar -- fascinating!!), but I see that Dollar Store now sells the same thing instead of just "Caution" tape!

Vicki Z
08-08-2019, 05:07 PM
I have not received my catalogs yet, so now I need to complain that both you and Spotted Crow get your catalogs before I do.:(

The East and West coasts must get the first mailings, and here in fly over land (Minnesota, or the Midwest) I have to wait for the Dog Sled to start Transcontinental service......:twitcy:

Would LOVE to see your crime scene cemeteries.
Please, take pictures.

Vicki Z
08-08-2019, 05:11 PM
First cards have been received.
Thank you, Laffqueen, for your SPOOKTACTULAR ATC.
LOVE them all.
LOVE that they all Mooove.
They are even more FANGTASTIC than in your scan.
Thanks so much for including a hostie card.
I have no idea how I will pick only one, but I can enjoy them all until I decide.
Thanks for being to F-A-S-T, and for posting your cards for inspiration.

SpottedCrow
08-11-2019, 12:22 PM
No catalogs yet.. I always renew my request this time of year in hopes of getting Fall/Halloween images.

Luckily I cut a bunch of stuff out last year to get me started. But I cant wait for a new Grand in Road. Love all their Halloween goodies.

Vicki Z
08-11-2019, 11:21 PM
YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEE
I just received my first Halloween catalog.
I am already cutting out, and sorting images.

Hubby tells me we do NOT need to purchase a "shredder".
According to him, by the time I get my images cut out, the catalog is already shredded!!!!!:twitcy::eek:

SpottedCrow
08-12-2019, 11:18 AM
I am stalking my mailman everyday.. Hoping to see something spooky hanging out of the mailbox ;)

Boots
08-14-2019, 08:18 AM
Please sign me up.
Thanks.

beltaine66
08-14-2019, 10:01 AM
I would love to join this swap but not to sure how. Thanks

Wykyd
08-14-2019, 10:24 AM
Welcome beltaine66! I will let the host answer your question fully but typically you simply say you want to join, create your ATCs, send a private message to the host asking for their mailing address, and send them off (so that they are received by the deadline, of course!). That's it! Each host might have special rules so read those in the first thread carefully. :) Again, welcome to ATCsforall!

SpottedCrow
08-14-2019, 03:56 PM
Chefs Special- image transfer with matt medium, watercolors, cut out pumpkin

Being Watched- decorative paper, magazine images, glitter pen, washi tape

Dolly- background by VickiZ, printed doll heads, metallic paint pen, mod-podge dimensional

I still have one more to make..I have 6 sitting on my desk but they are not spooky enough ;)

and I still haven't received my catalogs !!

Vicki Z
08-14-2019, 06:19 PM
SPOOKTACTULAR cards, SpottedCrow!!!!!

Welcome beltaine66.
I signed you up to participate in this swap.
I also sent you my address so you know where to send your cards when completed
As you progress in your ATC Journey, if you have any questions at all, please ask.

Vicki Z
08-15-2019, 02:08 PM
Please sign me up.
Thanks.

Welcome Boots, I signed you up.

Deb2015
08-15-2019, 09:05 PM
I would like to join.please send address. Thanks

Vicki Z
08-16-2019, 08:56 AM
Welcome Deb2015, both to this site, and to my swap.
I signed you up.

Address sent via PM.
If you have any other questions, or concerns, please ask.

TNOL
08-19-2019, 09:15 PM
I'd love to participate!!

Vicki Z
08-20-2019, 02:07 AM
Welcome TNOL.
I signed you up.

Carriesmith84
08-20-2019, 02:03 PM
Please sign me up

Vicki Z
08-20-2019, 02:59 PM
Welcome Carriesmith84, both to ATCsForAll and to my Swap.
I signed you up.

You appear to be new, so if you have an questions at all, please ask.
We were all new once, so are happy to help with any concerns you may have.

SpottedCrow
08-21-2019, 09:54 AM
last one for this swap.

book page, shimmer paint, sticky text, magazine image, gel pen, painted medical tape

Laffqueen
08-21-2019, 10:18 AM
Love it Spotted Crow

Ancient Planter
08-21-2019, 12:12 PM
Your art is wonderful, as usual, SpottedCrow!

Vicki Z
08-21-2019, 04:25 PM
AWESOME card, SpottedCrow.
LOVE your use of shimmer paint and medical tape

Vicki Z
08-21-2019, 10:45 PM
SPECTACTULAR cards received from An. M. Sudyka

stephiedee
08-22-2019, 10:30 AM
Watching for now. I really enjoyed this swap last time I participated. I've been making 31 Halloween ATCs for 2 years now...pretty sure I will this year too, but don't want to count my ghouls before they hatch. ;)

Vicki Z
08-22-2019, 02:34 PM
Watching for now. I really enjoyed this swap last time I participated. I've been making 31 Halloween ATCs for 2 years now...pretty sure I will this year too, but don't want to count my ghouls before they hatch. ;)

Hope you can join us this year.

ravenshadow
08-23-2019, 08:29 PM
Sorry, I must drop out.

Vicki Z
08-24-2019, 08:39 AM
Sorry to lose you, ravenshadow.
I will withdraw you.
Thanks for letting me know.

Vicki Z
08-24-2019, 12:33 PM
SPOOK-TACTULAR cards received from Deb2015.

SpottedCrow
08-25-2019, 12:22 PM
Cards creeping your way in the mail tomorrow :)

Vicki Z
08-25-2019, 12:47 PM
I will watch for them.

ksj1717
08-26-2019, 06:36 AM
I need to withdraw, please. I'm not going to have the time to complete.

Vicki Z
08-26-2019, 10:14 AM
I need to withdraw, please. I'm not going to have the time to complete.

Amandawas
08-26-2019, 11:30 AM
me please

Vicki Z
08-27-2019, 03:36 PM
Welcome Amandawas.
I signed you up.

Bluevioletz
08-29-2019, 06:17 PM
lurking, I will try to make it in for this one but still tbd.... :)

Vicki Z
08-29-2019, 08:32 PM
Lurkers welcome, Blueioletz.
Thanks for checking us out.

stephiedee
08-30-2019, 02:41 PM
Please sign me up. I have 3 cards ready so far and will see what else comes together.

Bea
08-30-2019, 03:01 PM
Well considering my first ever ATC swap was the "Witches, Spells and Superstitions" swap hosted by you last year, I see it only fitting as to join another Halloween themed swap hosted by you this year!

Count me in! <3

Vicki Z
08-30-2019, 03:11 PM
Please sign me up. I have 3 cards ready so far and will see what else comes together.

SPECTACTULAR cards, stephiedee.
I signed you up.

Vicki Z
08-30-2019, 03:12 PM
Well considering my first ever ATC swap was the "Witches, Spells and Superstitions" swap hosted by you last year, I see it only fitting as to join another Halloween themed swap hosted by you this year!

Count me in! <3

Welcome to another year, Bea.
I signed you up.

Vicki Z
08-30-2019, 09:35 PM
SPOOKTACTULAR cards received from Spotted Crow.

SpottedCrow
08-31-2019, 09:29 AM
Glad they arrived. Thanks for letting me know!

Vicki Z
08-31-2019, 07:15 PM
It was cool, crisp, and clear this morning, and just a few days until the new moon.
The waning moon is hiding in the black clouds, pending a storm, but is still splendid this morning, and the weather is sooooo SPOOKTACTULAR!!!!!

Bea
09-02-2019, 10:37 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/43118/small/1_2019-09-02_184156__6_.jpg

Here are my cards! Will be in the mail soon :D

Vicki Z
09-03-2019, 05:48 PM
I will let you know when they arrive.

Bea
09-05-2019, 03:27 PM
Mine will be going in the mail soon :D

Vicki Z
09-05-2019, 04:48 PM
Thanks for the heads up, Bea.
I will watch for your cards and let you know when they arrive.

Monroy28
09-05-2019, 06:29 PM
sound fun lurking for now

Vicki Z
09-05-2019, 10:11 PM
Lurkers always welcome, Monroy28.

Vicki Z
09-06-2019, 04:57 PM
SPOOKTACTULAR cards received from Ancient Planter

redlionspride
09-10-2019, 10:22 PM
I would like to join. I have cards to send and already have your address.

Vicki Z
09-11-2019, 08:37 AM
Welcome redlionspride.
I signed you up.

Suzi
09-12-2019, 03:42 PM
I have finally gotten my cards finished! So.... please sign me up and I will pop them in the mail tomorrow.

Vicki Z
09-12-2019, 10:43 PM
YIPPEEEE!!!
Glad you got your cards finished.
I signed you up.
Welcome

Vicki Z
09-12-2019, 10:53 PM
SOOKTACTULAR cards received from bluevioletz and amandawas.

Vicki Z
09-13-2019, 12:10 PM
Happy Friday the 13th everyone.
If your Muse is with you on this auspicious day, try to create some spooky magic.

Have you seen the new Spooky Silhouette postage stamps the post office is promoting this Halloween season?
They are fun!

Here is the link to take a peek.
https://about.usps.com/newsroom/national-releases/2019/0910ma-spooky-silhouettes-forever-stamps.htm
Stamps not released until October 11th

Vicki Z
09-14-2019, 12:52 PM
Was your Muse co-operative yesterday?
Mine was.
I got a bunch of cards made.

Vicki Z
09-17-2019, 01:02 AM
Cards received from redlionspride and Carriesmith84.

Vicki Z
09-19-2019, 04:26 PM
SPOOKTACTULAR cards received from stephiedee and Suzi.

Vicki Z
09-23-2019, 11:42 AM
The wind is up, and the leaves are falling.
Today it really feels like fall.
Our hummingbirds have been at the feeder all last week, but they must have gone over the weekend because there is no sign of them this morning.
That is probably good, because they still have a long flight south.

Vicki Z
09-25-2019, 01:36 PM
The waning crescent moon last night was SPOOKTACTULAR.
The night sky has been AWESOME all this week.
Apparently we are supposed to get some FAB Northern Lights next week.
I can't wait.

Vicki Z
09-28-2019, 01:27 PM
Cards received from Bea.

JenUrebel
09-28-2019, 06:12 PM
Sign me up Vicki. I have some creeptastic cards heading your way in Monday mail.

Vicki Z
09-28-2019, 07:42 PM
Welcome JenUrebel.
I signed you up.

Binx3535
09-28-2019, 10:59 PM
I'd like to join if possible!

Vicki Z
09-29-2019, 02:11 AM
Welcome Binx3535.
Yes, it is still possible to join.
I signed you up.

Please note that your ATCs are due IN MY HANDS by October 13, which means you have only 2 weeks to create and mail your creations to me. Mail usually takes 4-5 days so you need to mail them soon, I recommend mailing by October 7th or 8th to assure they reach me on time.
Additional rules and suggestions are on page one, post one.
I just sent you my mailing address via PM so you can mail your ATCs to me as soon as you make them.
If you have any questions, please ask.

Vicki Z
09-30-2019, 01:20 PM
Hey, it is already the two days in September!
Halloween will be here before you know it.
Remember to work on your cards.
Just over 2 weeks to due date.

SpottedCrow
10-01-2019, 02:05 PM
I wish it felt like fall here.. Mid 90's tomorrow :P

Vicki Z
10-01-2019, 04:56 PM
I wish it felt like fall here.. Mid 90's tomorrow :P

It was 87 degrees this morning with 99 percent humidity.
I opened the back door, and it felt like a tropical jungle.
The house was much, much cooler, which is interesting. We had turned off the AC because it has been very cool.
We even had a fire in the fireplace twice.

Very strange weather!

Ancient Planter
10-02-2019, 12:00 PM
It was 36 here at 6 a.m. We even had to turn on the heater yesterday for the first time (got down to 64 in the house) - gotta love the smell of the heater coming on after being off for about 6 months or so. It's one of those smells of Autumn for me :D

TrinaLD
10-03-2019, 12:28 PM
Lurking for a couple of days.

Vicki Z
10-03-2019, 03:58 PM
Lurkers always welcome.

mrubyjean
10-03-2019, 07:11 PM
I'd like to join -- my cards are done!

Vicki Z
10-03-2019, 07:45 PM
I'd like to join -- my cards are done!

LOVE your cards.
That green guy is sooo SPOOKTACTULAR!

Welcome,
I signed you up.

Boots
10-04-2019, 03:45 AM
Just another ten days.......
I can hardly wait for my returns.

Vicki Z
10-04-2019, 09:20 PM
SPOOKTACTULAR cards received from Jen Urebel.
Thanks for including a hostie card.

mrubyjean
10-05-2019, 03:48 PM
Mailed my cards today.

Vicki Z
10-05-2019, 10:04 PM
I will watch for them.

Vicki Z
10-07-2019, 02:13 PM
Cards received from Bu Bay Lai.
Thank you so much for including a hostie card.

Vicki Z
10-09-2019, 04:47 PM
SPOOK-TACT-U-LAR cards received from mrubyjean.

Vicki Z
10-11-2019, 02:49 PM
We had our first snowfall of the season at 11:15 this morning.
I made some spooky haunted houses with snow on their roofs, and mummy's dragging through the snow.

mrubyjean
10-11-2019, 03:44 PM
Snow...Wow!

Vicki Z
10-11-2019, 05:33 PM
The snow mostly melted, but we got another 1/4 inch at 2:00 this afternoon.

They are talking about frost over-night, so I need to get blankets around my flowers and garden plants.
The thing is, they are talking about 70 degrees next week, so all I have to do is get past tonight, and my plants can go on growing and maturing for another couple of weeks.

Fortunately, I LOVE Minnesota, truly!

SpottedCrow
10-15-2019, 01:14 PM
Snow already ? You must love it there to brave the winters that you get.

Though it has been so very hot this summer, I am actually looking forward to colder days .:)

Vicki Z
10-17-2019, 02:32 AM
Snow already ? You must love it there to brave the winters that you get.

Though it has been so very hot this summer, I am actually looking forward to colder days .:)

I LOVE Minnesota.
Picture postcard winters, with snow slinging to tree branches, fences, and rooftops.
Cold enough for several months to kill off the really nasty and poisonous snakes and bugs.
(When we lived in Arkansas, I had to watch for Scorpions whenever I grabbed a chunk of wood off the wood pile, and I had a copperhead chase me once when I was swimming. I hated that.)

Vicki Z
10-19-2019, 11:21 AM
RETURNS GOING OUT SHORTLY

Vicki Z
10-25-2019, 08:25 AM
24 degrees this morning, and the FROST is DEFINITELY "on the pumpkin".
Chance of SNOW accumulation by Sunday! Brrrrrrrrrrrrr
Some COLD returns are in the mail.

SpottedCrow
10-28-2019, 10:38 AM
Spooktacular cards received today from :mrrubyjean, bluevioletz, Suzi, Laffqueen, Deb2015 & Jenurebel!

itrader for our fabulous host and You rocks are on the way. Thanks for another Spooky Swap!

Vicki Z
10-28-2019, 02:01 PM
Goodbto see returns arriving!

stephiedee
10-28-2019, 05:15 PM
Received here today: returns from JenUrebel, mrubyjean & bluevioletz. Awesome cards! Off to leave treats now.

Bluevioletz
10-28-2019, 06:18 PM
Got my returns today, thanks so much to Suzi, SpottedCrow, and our wonderful host for hosting and the spooky card! :D

Suzi
10-28-2019, 11:08 PM
My spooky cards arrived today! This was such a fun swap! Off to leave feedback now.

Vicki Z
11-07-2019, 07:13 AM
Still a lot of people who have not yet confirmed receipt of returns, so I am leaving this thread open a while longer.

Boots
11-17-2019, 04:12 PM
My returns have arrived.