PDA

View Full Version : Black versus white Due: November 6

Donnacr
08-17-2019, 08:48 AM
Due date: November 6
postage date for non-Australians: October 16
I live in Australia - mail will NOT reach me quickly! I normally allow 3 weeks when mailing my swaps to anywhere in the world - I suggest you do the same.
cards: 3 for 3 or 6 for 6
participants: unlimited
media: any and all

ALL CARDS MAILED NOVEMBER 5th

This swap was inspired by the Zentangle Project Pack #6 (http://tanglepatterns.com/2019/08/zentangle-project-pack-06-summary-no-mistakes.html) (click on the name to view all the videos for this pack - inspiration). They 'spilt' Indian ink over the pages of a notebook and then tangled on the black and white spaces of each page. I thought that the combination of white on the black and black on the white looked fantastic and wanted to see if I could find ways to make this work on ATCs.
I can not draw - the first thumbnail is my poor attempt but I am sure that those who can draw will be able to come up with some much better ideas. For my 2nd sample I smooshed some black StazOn ink on a side and the top corner of a card then used a stencil alternating white Posca pen and black fineliner.
My 3rd sample has torn black card with white gel pen and black fineliner through another stencil. My final 2 samples were a lot of fun! I stamped the poinsettias on black card then embossed with fine white powder, then stamped the same poinsettias on white card and embossed using black sparkle powder. I cut both cards diagonally, trimmed them slightly to show their new base cards and recombined them - half white and half black.

CARD DESIGN DETAILS: I am sure that you can come up with more ideas but each card needs to have some areas that start black and some areas that start white. You will then use black to add a design to the white sections and white on the black sections.
You are not just using black and white to paint a picture - you are combining the positive and negative aspects on one card - CONTRAST!!

Due date:
Cards are to be in my hands by November 6. I will mail your returns as soon as possible but remember, it took up to 3 weeks to reach me so your returns may take up to 3 weeks to reach you. Please be on time so others don't have to wait.

Postage:
Australian players: please include a stamp equivalent to your postage
International players: a well hidden US$1 bill

ALL players please include a LARGE address label (AT LEAST 2" x2"), I will provide envelopes. Please do NOT send those 3-in-a-row sleeves - they do not fit in my envelopes.

1. Do your best work - I plan to swap effort-for-effort as much as I can.

2. Clearly write your USERNAME and the SWAP NAME on the back of all your cards (so you can get fun rep points) and on the back of your mailing envelope. I am running a few swaps and do not want to put you with the wrong returns.

3. Please mail early to allow time to reach Australia.

4. An extra card for the swap Host is greatly appreciated but is not required.

5. Embellishments are fine (in black and white only, of course ;)). The completed card needs to fit into a standard pocket and the embellishments need to be securely fastened so they don't fall off during shipping. If it is too bulky it is more than likely that the card may not reach me - either because the envelope has been torn and the card lost, or it is too heavy.

6. Have fun!

7. I will give iTraders feedback when I receive your cards and will also update this post showing that your cards have arrived. In return I encourage you to give iTrader Host feedback to me when you receive your swap returns, and Rep points to the artists whose cards you receive. After all, knowing where your cards went is half the fun I think.

PLAYERS
0. donnacr
1. Paintaddict -arrived
2. Gypsy - arrived
3. Mushu - withdrew
4. hem18 - arrived
5. AngelJoy - returned
6. ThouArtDelyrias - withdrew
7. Lorna - arrived
8. Blonda - withdrew
9. NancyL - returned
10. Kellan - returned
11. Annie - arrived
12. cinlan - returned

Betsyg
08-17-2019, 03:11 PM
lurking for a bit. Would Collage be acceptable? I can't draw for beans

Paintaddict
08-17-2019, 06:29 PM
I absolutely love what you've done! What an awesome idea. Can't believe what I learn by participating in swaps. Sign me up

Donnacr
08-17-2019, 10:36 PM
Betsyg - collage would be fine, as long as it is black on white background and white on black background. I also cannot draw - that is why I tried the samples before starting this thread (only 1 of the samples is drawn).
I am going to try the idea with die cuts and punches when I get the time.

Paintaddict - lovely to have a fellow Australian in the swap, you will be first to get your returns instead of among the last. :D

Paintaddict
08-18-2019, 12:17 AM
I made a start on this today. Got me thinking positive and negative all at once.

ann_stebbing
08-18-2019, 02:40 AM
Very interesting concept. I'll lurk for now, have another set to do first, and I'm busy quilting, which makes such a mess I have little space to work in :(

Donnacr
08-18-2019, 05:15 AM
Paintaddict - love both your cards but only the first one is black VERSUS white, the zebras are a gorgeous black AND white picture.
On a 2nd viewing I am unsure if you have just done a magnificent job with your black and white pens - are the original black and white sections more obvious in real life?

Your description of 'positive and negative' is exactly what I am looking for!

ann_stebbing - welcome to the lurkers' couch. Are you quilting for yourself or as a gift? What sort of pattern and how big is the finished project?

Paintaddict
08-18-2019, 06:34 AM
Paintaddict - love both your cards but only the first one is black VERSUS white, the zebras are a gorgeous black AND white picture.
On a 2nd viewing I am unsure if you have just done a magnificent job with your black and white pens - are the original black and white sections more obvious in real life?

Your description of 'positive and negative' is exactly what I am looking for!

ann_stebbing - welcome to the lurkers' couch. Are you quilting for yourself or as a gift? What sort of pattern and how big is the finished project?

I'm delighted to say I have indeed fooled your eyes! If you hold the card up to the light you can see the shape of only one zebra. I used India ink for the base layer of 2 of the zebras, before adding white gel pen. I used waterproof ink on the plain paper for the middle zebra and background. Was so excited at the result! Does it pass? The spots picture I used black and white paper and a combination of stenciling and negative drawing. I'm thinking more about cut paper for the next one.

Actually when I went back and looked at your examples I saw you not only want a combo of white on black and black on white, it's the positive and negative you're after. I didn't notice that before. Shall I keep my zebras in that case and replace it with something more obviously fitting? Would love a link to the zentangle thread also if you can.
Thanks

ann_stebbing
08-18-2019, 12:12 PM
I've been quilting for years and they sit on a ladder gathering dust. I have made some for gifts, but I had my 70th early in August and gave 3 of them away for grandsons, so I have some more room now! It's a disease, I'm sure it is. They all tend to be at least double bed size, but our bed is King size. I do make picnic blankets as well. I love piecing, but hate the backing/binding/quilting bit. I've started tying them which is easier.

I will have a go tomorrow, though I need to read the description again. I am a bit confused between VERSUS and AND.

Gypsy
08-19-2019, 12:19 AM
May I join, please?

Donnacr
08-20-2019, 07:21 AM
Gypsy - welcome to the swap

Paintaddict - As requested I have given a hot link in the first post to the Zentangle Project Pack #6 videos - enjoy! I would love to trade for your zebras if you can find something in my Gallery that you like.

ann_stebbing - I don't quilt myself but I have quite a few friends who do and many of them also enjoy the making of the quilt but don't enjoy the finishing, especially the final quilting. Some of the local sewing stores offer a quilting service which these friends take advantage of. Very lucky grandsons to receive hand made quilts by you.
Those friends who quilt would agree with you about it being an addiction - they swear that the current quilt will be the last but then they find some gorgeous fabric, get wonderful praise for their finished quilt. . . and they are off again. :D

I have tried to reword my expectations of the cards to make it clearer - any comments on whether I have succeeded will be appreciated.
"You are not just using black and white to paint a picture - you are combining the positive and negative aspects on one card - CONTRAST!!"

Donnacr
08-20-2019, 07:30 AM
I have made 5 more samples following the ideas shown in the Zentangle videos.
For the next 2 samples I actually spilt Dylusions ink over my white card, for the last sample I smooshed white Distress stain on black card.

Mushu
08-20-2019, 09:36 AM
I love doing this kind of art. I would love to join.

hem18
08-20-2019, 06:59 PM
Hi there! Id love to play, please sign me up!

Paintaddict
08-20-2019, 08:30 PM
Gypsy - welcome to the swap

Paintaddict - As requested I have given a hot link in the first post to the Zentangle Project Pack #6 videos - enjoy! I would love to trade for your zebras if you can find something in my Gallery that you like.

ann_stebbing - I don't quilt myself but I have quite a few friends who do and many of them also enjoy the making of the quilt but don't enjoy the finishing, especially the final quilting. Some of the local sewing stores offer a quilting service which these friends take advantage of. Very lucky grandsons to receive hand made quilts by you.
Those friends who quilt would agree with you about it being an addiction - they swear that the current quilt will be the last but then they find some gorgeous fabric, get wonderful praise for their finished quilt. . . and they are off again. :D

I have tried to reword my expectations of the cards to make it clearer - any comments on whether I have succeeded will be appreciated.
"You are not just using black and white to paint a picture - you are combining the positive and negative aspects on one card - CONTRAST!!"

Hi there

Thank you so much for taking the time producing some more gorgeous examples, and for the link to the zentangles vids. I have been enlightened. Don't you just love it how the ink blot on the edge of the old journal became not only a way to add examples to the journal in different colour scheme but it paved the way for development of the artform! Gotta give them credit for their creativity.

No need to swap something for the zebras, Donna, it'll be your hostie gift ;)

Now I'm off to play some more.....

hem18
08-20-2019, 09:34 PM
Ive been obsessed with Bob Burridge as of late....put these abstract acrylic people together today - did I get it right for this swap
209257?

Donnacr
08-21-2019, 12:17 AM
welcome to Mushu and hem18. Hem18 - I think your abstract people are fine, good contrast between positive and negative. I am PMing you my address now.

woo hoo! I got me some zebras!! :jiggy::jiggy:

OFFER TO ALL PLAYERS - I am really enjoying playing with this theme and have way too many samples already. I would like to give each player one of my samples as a thank you for playing - if you have a particular one that you would like please ask for it.

AngelJoy
08-21-2019, 12:19 AM
Count me in, please. This looks like a lot of fun!

miss
08-21-2019, 12:32 AM
Hem, those cards are so cool!

*lurking :)*

Annie
08-21-2019, 04:38 AM
Lurking

hem18
08-21-2019, 10:57 AM
thank you miss!!

hem18
08-21-2019, 10:59 AM
Thanks so much Donnacr....and if we get to be choosers (exciting to receive an extra btw - thanks!) I love the one that looks like fish swimming from dark to light - very cool!

mrubyjean
08-21-2019, 08:01 PM
Wow! What a wonderful theme and terrific example cards.
It looks challenging, though, so I am going to lurk a bit until I can try it out.

Lorna
08-22-2019, 08:35 PM
I am lurking, I need to see if I can get this to work. So far my white drawing on black is terrible - I'm blaming the pen. So I tried cut paper. My first cut paper had some white on white & black on black...needs some engineering.

Is it OK to start with white paper, cut it, add black then glue it together?

Donnacr
08-23-2019, 05:41 AM
Lorna - if you have a look at the samples in my first post - the cityscape background is torn strips of black card stuck on a white card base, then stencilled and the 2 flower samples were white embossed on black and black embossed on white then these 2 pieces were cut in half and repaired with their opposite colours.
for my first sample in post #12 I stuck strips of black washi tape on white card and die cut this. On a different white card I added strips of black washi tape so that it now sat UNDER the white sections of the die cuts.

What I am looking for is the contrast of a black design on white and a white design on black - any way that you can achieve this is fine by me.

For all those lurkers - try 'spilling' your backgrounds. It is amazing how inspired you can become by those weird shapes that the paint forms as it dries.

Just a hint for those using white gel pens - have a scrap of paper close by, as the nib of the pen may become clogged with your black paint, just roll it around on your scrap paper until it draws white again and off you go!

hem18 - your choice has been noted and withdrawn from offer to others.

welcome AngelJoy​ - it really is a lot of fun, enjoy!

Mushu
08-23-2019, 10:33 AM
Here are my first two cards.

AngelJoy
08-23-2019, 02:43 PM
My first card -- please let me know if I am on the right track!

AngelJoy
08-23-2019, 03:42 PM
Well, I couldn't stop once I got started, so hopefully I AM on the right track! :D

If they are acceptable for this swap, I will be sending them out in tomorrow's mail.

Lorna
08-23-2019, 05:31 PM
I am trying 'expanding the square' and black vs white (yes, all at once). I am probably making it too hard. :wacko: Off to try it again...

ThouArtDelyrias
08-23-2019, 08:19 PM
I could totally try this! I remember doing similar stuff in an art class in college! Count me in Donna!

ThouArtDelyrias
08-23-2019, 08:22 PM
Ive been obsessed with Bob Burridge as of late....put these abstract acrylic people together today - did I get it right for this swap
209257?

Those are totally awesome Hem18!

Donnacr
08-23-2019, 10:48 PM
welcome ThouArtDelyrias (I hope this is more fun than art class ;))

Lorna - remember the KISS principle (Keep It Simple S....) - have fun with these cards. If you come up with a variation that you like I would love to see it

AngelJoy - those are all very acceptable (LOVE the first one!!) I haven't moved since March when we last traded but do you need my address?

Mushu - those are stunning!! I love the touch of blacker black on the leaves in the 2nd one. I challenge you to try a white spill on black card for your base, like my last sample.

EVERYONE​ - Don't forget to tell me your choice of which of my samples you would like to receive as Host gift.

Mushu
08-24-2019, 09:49 AM
I am currently waiting on some good black paper coming in the mail. I don't want to use the low cost black paper that fades out in the light. I am also going to experiment with using black gesso on white paper and then dumping some white acrylic paint on top. I will share some pics of my progress.

Donnacr
08-24-2019, 11:23 PM
Mushu - that sounds really interesting. I would love to see pics of your progress. Alas, I only have white gesso but I could play with that on black card - great idea, thanks!

Lorna
08-25-2019, 04:35 AM
I have 3 cards - not sure if they are OK for the swap. They are white index cards, black marker added as needed. I have 2 that expand the square. Works in progress..
The first has a black square a little larger than the starter square. I may add to the card.
In the second, (small error in expanding the square - glued some down wrong) half the card is black then the pieces the white are colored.
For the third, I started making a wide black curve on white. Then I cut random curves and colored them if they landed on white.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/35855/small/1_BvW0.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/35855/small/1_BvW2.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/35855/small/1_BvW3.jpg

Donnacr
08-28-2019, 12:51 AM
Lorna - the 2nd and 3rd cards are perfect for this swap. You can see that there are patches of black that have white added to them and patches of white that have had black added to them.
Even though I love the 1st card it appears to be black added to white only. Please don't be discouraged - I absolutely adore your 3rd card and hope you make more along those lines.

Lorna
08-28-2019, 04:14 PM
Please sign me up! There is enough time (even accounting for mailing) to have these done. Once I found a system, they are fun to produce.
I fooled you on the first one. You will get to see it eventually. I have other ideas to try out too.

MrsMixedMedia
08-28-2019, 08:53 PM
Lurking...and researching. This is challenging my brain! Lol

Blonda
08-29-2019, 10:13 AM
Please sign me up and PM your address. Sounds like fun.

Donnacr
08-31-2019, 04:07 AM
welcome Lorna - I am so glad that you have found a system that works for you (I can't wait to see how you have fooled me with your 1st card.
welcome Blonda - it really IS fun! If you have any questions feel free to ask in the thread or send me a PM

MrsMixedMedia - enjoy your research, meanwhile you are welcome to rest on the very comfortable lurkers' couch. I hope you will join us.

Here are a couple of my starter cards - the first has torn pieces of black card stuck to a white card base, the 2nd literally is black ink spilt on watercolour paper.

Donnacr
08-31-2019, 04:15 AM
Those people who are new to the swap - don't forget to choose one of my cards (in posts #1 and #12) as my thank you for playing.

dithespy
08-31-2019, 06:21 AM
I'd like to hang around looking at the eye candy for now but I'd like to commit once I've really got the theme.

NancyL
08-31-2019, 07:41 PM
Please add me.

i used to quilt when my eyes worked better. either my mother or a friend would finish them...do the binding and sewing the edges. I liked the piecing and or embroidery. I even liked quilting, but just not finishing them up. I made a lot of baby quilts and then I got into wall hangings. you didn't have to have a tidy back.

Kellan
09-02-2019, 05:19 AM
I'd like to join.

cinlan
09-02-2019, 05:43 PM
Looks like a fun swap, let me see if I can get some cards done in time to join.

Donnacr
09-03-2019, 04:14 AM
dithespy & cinlan - you are very welcome to take a seat on the lurkers' couch until inspiration hits you

NancyL & Kellan - welcome to the swap. Also welcome to the site, Kellan - if you have any questions feel free to either ask in the thread or send me a PM. We all remember when we were new to the site - there is no such thing as a stupid question.

hem18​ - your wonderful cards have arrived.

NancyL
09-05-2019, 11:42 AM
I think using a stencil would be the easiest way to do this. Where your background is white, you color in black. where your background is black, you color in white.
I also want to try zentangling. Or embossing might be fun. you just can't get confused.

Donnacr
09-05-2019, 09:23 PM
NancyL - My flower card and the cityscape (in Post #1) were both done using stencils, they were a lot of fun!
Zentangles were the inspiration for the swap so they also work very well.
Not sure if you mean embossing with a folder or embossing with powders - that could get very fiddly but might give great results. . .

NancyL
09-06-2019, 10:03 AM
I only know how to emboss with powders.

I did embossing for two current ATC swaps. I am using oxide distress inks which are slow-drying and emboss well. I think I have both white and black powders.

Lorna
09-07-2019, 01:54 AM
Here are the rest of my cards - they were fun to make! I have others but they ended up boring. If it is OK I'll make it 6:6.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/35855/small/1_BvW1.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/35855/small/1_BvW4.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/35855/small/1_BvW6.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/35855/small/1_BvW5.jpg ​http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/35855/small/1_BvW7.jpg

Annie
09-07-2019, 09:28 AM
Sign me up please

Donnacr
09-08-2019, 07:18 PM
NancyL- when I have caught up with a few more swaps you have inspired me to try making an embossed card. Can't wait to see what you come up with
Lorna - those look fantastic! Of course it is okay to make 6:6 - they are quite addictive once you find a method you like, aren't they?

Annie - welcome to this swap, enjoy your new addiction. ;)

Donnacr
09-10-2019, 05:47 AM
AngelJoy​ - your gorgeous cards arrived today.

AngelJoy
09-10-2019, 02:58 PM
Thanks for letting me know! They were fun to do, and a nice challenge!

Lorna
09-10-2019, 07:55 PM
Mine were mailed today - it has 'Woodstock' stamps, hope you like them.:yes:

Donnacr
09-10-2019, 08:00 PM
Lorna​ - thanks for telling me, I will tell you when they arrive

Thorn
09-10-2019, 11:05 PM
Lurking for now. I'll jump in if I get some cards made.

Kellan
09-12-2019, 08:56 AM
I finished the first of my cards today!

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/45200/small/1_BvW_Card_1.jpg

Donnacr
09-12-2019, 08:51 PM
Thorn - welcome to the comfy lurkers' couch. I am sure that you won't be able to resist when you see all the eye candy ;)

Kellan​ - that is a great start, keep going.

miss
09-14-2019, 01:52 PM
Will these do?

The focal points are drawn in black ink on white pages from a literary journal. There is at least a little white ink drawn on the black ink as well. With the panda card, I mounted on black cardstock and added a white gel pen outline and white punched stars. The rest are mounted on various black/ white scrapbook paper. I then stamped the text (black on white) and mounted the white on a layer of black. If that works, please sign me up.

Donnacr
09-16-2019, 07:55 AM
Miss​ - I have sent you a PM as your cards are lovely examples of black and white, not black versus white (think positive/negative).

NancyL
09-16-2019, 08:57 AM
I took notes on how to do this. I guess I just have to try doing it. I did get some white pens. And some white embossing powder.
Kind of like watching other people swim. It works much better if you just jump in and try it.

miss
09-16-2019, 05:24 PM
Miss​ - I have sent you a PM.

You can say in the thread that my cards don't work, if it helps to prevent people from making the same mistake I did (lack of contrast).

Also, if I do try again, are printed papers completely off limit? For example, does the white paper with black text that I used count as "white" when I add black ink to it, or was that part of my problem?

Donnacr
09-17-2019, 03:19 AM
miss - thanks for understanding, your cards are good examples of black AND white, just not the black VERSUS white that I was looking for.
Your white paper with the grey writing on it still strikes the eye as basically white so would count as such, the paper you used behind your 'Regal' card would not count as it has too much white to be black and too much black to be white.
The easiest way to check is: look at your card and can you see sections that you would describe as Positive and some sections that appear to be Negative if it was a photo?

NancyL​ - just jump in and start experimenting, Lorna was sure that she couldn't do it and now she is sending in 6 cards. Have fun!

Lorna
09-17-2019, 02:41 PM
I hope everyone tries ways to get the black VS white. It did take me a while to get a method (it is that pesky logic side coming out). Donnacr suggested KISS which helped me go back keeping that in mind. All were done using 2 index cards and a black sharpie.

Here is what I did:
1 - Cut index card 1 into nice shapes, lay them out on a dark surface (I did this so I can keep track and find them).
2 - On card 2 mark one or more areas with the black sharpie. Having about half the area black in a random shape was the easiest.
3 - One at a time, for each piece cut in step 1, lay it out on the marked card. Where it sits on black, you are done. Where it sits on white, it needs to be black. I marked the edge of the crossover area lightly in pencil, blackened with sharpie where it will sit on white, and erased the pencil (our secret now). Then I checked the fit and glued it down. Sometimes the design changed a little to accommodate the marking I made.

I hope this helps someone get started - I would love to hear other methods.

Donnacr
09-17-2019, 08:54 PM
Lorna - thanks for your tips.

I found that I had to have the background done first, with clear black and white areas. I then sat down with my black fineliners and my white gel pen and started randomly adding shapes.

For more inspiration check out the link in post #1 for the Zentangle Project Pack #6 which inspired this swap.

NancyL
09-18-2019, 12:16 PM
So far I have made one fantastic embossed card, many, many screw-ups and two with cut-outs. I have two I can use for the swap.
part of my problem is not having all the right materials. I can use distress inks for the embossing but sometimes it doesn't hold the embossing powder. If I had white ink , I could just stamp on shapes.

I have spent a lot of time working on this.

Donnacr
09-18-2019, 09:21 PM
NancyL - do you have clear embossing powder? Could you try doing embossing resist on white card - it gives the same result as stamping in white ink ie a white stamped image? then use black ink or marker around that?

Donnacr
09-20-2019, 10:27 AM
bumping us up

cinlan
09-22-2019, 11:11 AM
Add me to the swap...cards are done...I think I got a little carried away. Not sure which ones I will be sending. You can see my cards here Black versus White (http://www.craftconnection2craft.com/blog)

HHC
09-22-2019, 11:44 AM
This looks very interesting. I'm going to lurk while I play around to see if I can create something worthy of the swap. :)

cinlan
09-22-2019, 11:33 PM
I like your flower card as my choice.

Donnacr
09-23-2019, 09:46 AM
welcome cinlan. You do know that you have the choice to send in 6:6 if you like, a few other people are. Your cards are great!
Which of the flower cards do you want - white at the top or the bottom?

HHC - welcome to our very comfortable lurkers' couch. I hope you don't stay there too long before you decide to join us.

cinlan
09-23-2019, 09:03 PM
welcome cinlan. You do know that you have the choice to send in 6:6 if you like, a few other people are. Your cards are great!
Which of the flower cards do you want - white at the top or the bottom.

It doesn't matter, I like them both but if I have to pick I would pick the white at the top.

Donnacr
09-24-2019, 09:52 AM
It is now yours.

NancyL
09-26-2019, 07:38 PM
Mine went out in the mail today.

Donnacr
09-27-2019, 10:47 PM
NancyL - I will tell you when they arrive

Lorna​ - your cards have arrived

For everyone who has not mailed yet - don't forget that I live in AUSTRALIA so your cards need to be in the mail by the middle of October. I have suggested by the 16th in the opening post.

Donnacr
09-28-2019, 12:49 AM
PLEASE be very careful that your cards are black VERSUS white (think positive/negative) not simply black and white!

Look at the Zentangle inspiration linked in the first post, look at my examples in posts #1 and #12 and those that I have praised in the thread.

If in doubt - show your cards in the thread and I will confirm that they meet requirements.

I am getting some amazing cards sent to me, following the theme, but I have also had to send some back to their makers as they were only lovely black and white cards. I hate to do this so please check before mailing.

cinlan
09-30-2019, 10:01 PM
My cards went out today, Take your pick.

Donnacr
10-01-2019, 05:30 AM
I will tell you when they arrive ​cinlan

ThouArtDelyrias
10-01-2019, 09:24 PM
It is looking like I am not going to get these done in time for international mailing time :swoon: Am spending the week moving my craft room to a different room as my vacation. This means that I am not able to do any art, thus, I must regretfully withdraw. Soo sorry!

Donnacr
10-04-2019, 07:02 AM
ThouArtDelyrias - thanks for telling me, you will be missed. :( enjoy finding all manner of 'new' things as you move your craft room

if you have a sudden burst of inspiration (sitting in the middle of the moving mess) you are always welcome to rejoin us fingers crossed

Betsyg
10-04-2019, 01:14 PM
I will mail these today.210263210262210264210265

Donnacr
10-04-2019, 09:15 PM
Betsyg​ - your 2 leaf cards are perfect! The heart card is only black AND white, not positive and negative but don't worry I can keep it as my Host card (I like it!) I have sent my address.

NancyL
10-07-2019, 11:23 AM
I love seeing how others are meeting this challenge. that is one of the reasons I made 6 cards.

Donnacr
10-08-2019, 03:39 AM
bumping us

Donnacr
10-15-2019, 03:11 AM
NancyL​ - you have outdone yourself! Your cards are amazing - I especially like the 2 treatments of your fish stamp.

Gypsy
10-15-2019, 12:08 PM
In the mail today for the US. Fun swap. I can never get my photos to upload. I don't know why.

Donnacr
10-15-2019, 06:51 PM
I will tell you when they arrive

Annie
10-16-2019, 10:13 AM
Cards are in the mail

cinlan
10-17-2019, 12:21 PM
Add me to the swap...cards are done...I think I got a little carried away. Not sure which ones I will be sending. You can see my cards here Black versus White (http://www.craftconnection2craft.com/blog)

Just checking in to see if my cards have arrived yet

Kellan
10-23-2019, 06:51 AM
I'm ready to post if these are OK

Donnacr
10-24-2019, 12:34 AM
kellan - your cards are fine. I was worried about your mail time until I noticed that you are Australian - I will send my address as soon as I finish here.
cinlan​ - your gorgeous cards for both swaps came in today's mail

Donnacr
10-24-2019, 12:38 AM
ALL CARDS should now be in the mail and on their way to me if they are to arrive on time.
If you have missed the deadline please tell me so that I can withdraw you and not be waiting for cards that are not coming.

ThouArtDelyrias
10-24-2019, 08:33 PM
In the mail today for the US. Fun swap. I can never get my photos to upload. I don't know why.

Gypsy, Your pixels are probably too high...It is a major learning curve. Try reducing in Paint program, click on pixels and type in 600 or 620 and it automatically reduces and saves the image. then you can go in and post them

Donna, I noticed that I am still on the list and not withdrawn. I don't want to get hit, although I am sure you will notice at some point, but just in case. ;)

cinlan
10-27-2019, 05:37 PM
cinlan​ - your gorgeous cards for both swaps came in today's mail

Thanks for letting me know

Donnacr
10-29-2019, 02:56 AM
TAD - so sorry, I have been sick as a dog for the last 2 weeks so I will fix that right now.

Annie​ - your wonderful 6:6 cards arrived in today's mail

Donnacr
11-02-2019, 01:47 AM
Mushu - has, unfortunately, had her cards returned so she must withdraw

Kellan and Gypsy - your gorgeous cards have arrived.

all cards have now arrived so I will swap these tonight and have them in the mail tomorrow. Thank you all for playing

NancyL
11-15-2019, 10:06 AM
My cards arrived yesterday. they certainly flew quickly across the ocean.
Donnacr, thanks so much for hosting this. I made 6 so I could get 6 back, and they are all lovely.
Thanks also for the card you made. I can't remember if I requested that one or you just happened to give my my favorite.

I also liked this swap as I was challenged and learned something new.

Donnacr
11-15-2019, 08:42 PM
They really did fly, didn't they? You didn't request the Host card so I am very glad that it was your favourite.

cinlan
11-16-2019, 02:04 PM
Received my awesome cards in the mail today. Thanks for hosting Donna.

Donnacr
11-16-2019, 09:49 PM
Glad another set have arrived home

AngelJoy
11-18-2019, 04:26 PM
Thank you, Donnacr, for the challenge of this swap and for the great returns you sent me from Kellan, Lorna, and PaintAddict. Thank you, too, for your card!!!

Donnacr
11-20-2019, 08:08 PM
Another set arriving home - glad you enjoyed the swap