PDA

View Full Version : A Home For Me Swap~Due August 1st

lyndashobby
06-02-2008, 05:45 PM
:laugh:A Home For Me Swap- August 1
Due Date: August 1
Number of participants: 20 (5 International)
Number of cards: 3-6 card trade

A Home For Me Swap - Due August 1

One of my favorite children's books is "A House Is A House For Me" by Mary Ann Hoberman. This book describes all the "houses" out there in the world. For example, a castle is a house for a queen, a book is a house for a story, an anthill is a house for an ant, a dog is a house for a flea, a kennel is a house for a dog, an envelope is a house for a letter, and the list goes on and on. The possibilities are endless if you really think about it. This swap is for all those houses!

Rules for A Home For Me Swap:

1. Please post in the thread to sign up, upload your ATCs and to communicate with the other participants and me.

2. I will pay postage for 5 International participants. If more than 5 would like to sign up I will ask that you pay for your own postage. I'm sorry to have to limit the International players but the postage rates are really putting a damper on my ATC trading life!

3. US participants: Please include an address label and $.59 postage. I will use my own envelopes. International participants: Please include an address label.

4. All mediums are welcome! Newbies are welcome! I respectfully ask that you submit only your very best work; work you are proud of and would be happy to receive.

5. Write your user name and real name on back of each card. Please include in title: "A ______ is a house for a _______" (i.e., a coop is a house for a chicken).

6. This will be an on time swap. I will not wait for late arrivals because it is unfair to everyone else who made sure their cards were in on time. If your cards arrive late I will swap with other late arrivals or you may get your own cards returned.

7. PLEASE upload your cards to the thread before mailing them to me. If you are unable to do this please let me know if it is alright if I do it when I receive them. Everyone enjoys looking at the work of the other participants.

8. Please PM me when you are ready to mail your cards & I will send you my address. I will leave iTrader feedback for you when I receive your cards.

9. When you receive your cards I would appreciate your leaving me iTrader feedback and Rep points for the artists whose cards you receive.

Start thinking about all those houses! Looking forward to all the fun and creative ideas you come up with.

Welcome to participants:

1. Lyndashobby (USA) They're here! :mask:
2. Ibus (Scotland) Arrived! :laugh:
3. Elena (USA) Arrived!:biglaugh:
4. neca84 (Austrailia) Arrived! :v_spin:
5. Donna (UK) Arrived! :wubclub:
6. basset43 (UK) Withdrew
7. Lola123 (USA) Withdrew
8. VickiZ (USA) Arrived! :rolleyes:
9. Randiland (USA) Arrived! :jiggy:

ATCS attached:
I made these ATCs. The first three are fabric with hand stitching & beads and markers. The last one is markers, twinkling H2Os and a vintage image.
1. A Web Is A House For A Spider
2. The Nest Is A House For A Bird
3. The Ocean Is A House For Fish
4. A House Is A House For A Boy

Ibus
06-02-2008, 06:58 PM
I'd like to sign up please!

lyndashobby
06-02-2008, 07:44 PM
Welcome Elizabeth! You're #1...

lyndashobby
06-03-2008, 02:11 PM
Is anyone out there interested in making houses???

RoOskie
06-03-2008, 07:58 PM
I'm thinking of this swap but have many to finish before I can commit to another one. I would love to do this one if I can get caught up. What a cute idea for a swap! I'm surprised its not full yet! - Rooskie

Elena
06-03-2008, 08:14 PM
Can I join?

lyndashobby
06-03-2008, 10:10 PM
Thank you Elena for jumping in and signing up. We'd love to have you join us!

Jean
06-03-2008, 10:44 PM
I hope you get tons of people, Lynda! I'll be watching for eyecandy! ;)

neca84
06-03-2008, 11:26 PM
Can I join please, I have lots of ideas running riot through my head !!

lyndashobby
06-04-2008, 01:58 AM
We'd love to have you join us, neca84! Put those ideas running around in your head on a backing before they get away! Welcome...

Donna
06-04-2008, 02:39 AM
Interesting idea for a swap, would love to join in if I may. I'm in the UK and would be happy to pay postage if you let me know how much you will need.
Donna xx

lyndashobby
06-04-2008, 02:58 AM
Welcome Donna! We're very happy you're joining us. I can't wait to see what ideas you come up with for houses & homes. You're the third International participant so the postage is on me!

basset43
06-04-2008, 03:50 AM
can I play please I am in the UK

Val

lyndashobby
06-04-2008, 04:11 AM
Welcome basset43 (Val) - Glad you're joining us! You're the 4th International player. I'm excited to see what ideas of homes you're going to be sharing with us. Happy creating!

lola123
06-04-2008, 08:38 AM
sounds great, may I?

lyndashobby
06-04-2008, 01:57 PM
Hi, Lola! Welcome to the A Home For Me Swap, happy to have you on board. Happy creating...

lyndashobby
06-05-2008, 03:05 PM
Is everyone looking around their world seeing all posibilities for houses & homes? I am & will be making more cards & uploading soon. Happy house building!

lyndashobby
06-06-2008, 12:58 AM
I am leaving for the monastery tonight and will return on Tuesday. If you want to sign up for the swap please just let me know on this thread & I'll get back to you on Tuesday. Thanks!

neca84
06-07-2008, 08:27 AM
These are my contribuition, could you please send mailing address lyndashobby. Thank you.
They are
A cage is a home for a canary
A basket is home for a cat
A kennel is home for a dog
The sea is home for a mermaid
A hole in the wall is home for a mouse

lyndashobby
06-11-2008, 12:39 AM
neca84 - I love these! I was hoping someone would do a mermaid. You did a great job. I'm pming you my address. I'll let you know when they arrive. Thanks.

lyndashobby
06-11-2008, 10:28 AM
Anyone else interested in joining us in building homes? We'd love to have more participants!

Vicki Z
06-11-2008, 12:21 PM
I am interested, but I have problems posting. I will PM you.

lyndashobby
06-11-2008, 03:20 PM
Vicki is going to join us - yea!
Can anyone help her post her cards? Her image comes up much too big, like huge, when she posts to the thread. Anyone have any idea how she can correct the size?
Welcome Vicki. Hope you get your problem worked out soon.

Vicki Z
06-12-2008, 10:43 AM
I have several folks giving me suggestions, but I still am having problems. You may have to post my submissions when you get them. I will try to get them in early so you can. Thanks for letting me join!

Elena
06-14-2008, 10:41 AM
Here are mine.
A housebird is a house for a bird, a barn for a horse, a jail for a criminal, and a pond for a frog. I hope I got it right.
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/file.php?n=18828&w=l

lyndashobby
06-15-2008, 05:42 PM
I never thought about the criminal and jail one - very creative thinking. Can't wait to receive them. Thanks for participating!

Ibus
06-16-2008, 11:49 PM
For Vicki, or anyone else with this problem .... look on the Resizing thread for the link I put in (once I'm on my laptop I'll edit it in here) Upload your photo, I find 800 x 600 is a good size for forums, click on the button et voila, it's shrunk! Save it to your computer and then upload here as usual.
Good luck

lyndashobby
06-16-2008, 11:52 PM
Thanks very much Elizabeth. Hopefully, this will help Vicki.

lyndashobby
06-25-2008, 02:22 AM
How's everyone doing with their houses?

lyndashobby
06-25-2008, 03:21 PM
Elena's cards have arrived and they are wonderful! Thanks so much for participating. Awesome cards... :v_spin:

Randiland
06-25-2008, 06:36 PM
Ohh...this sounds wonderful! Count me in!!

lyndashobby
07-01-2008, 02:01 AM
Welcome aboard, Randiland! PM me when you're ready to mail.

lyndashobby
07-10-2008, 12:31 AM
How is everyone doing on their ATCs? Haven't heard from anyone for awhile. Hope you're working hard and getting ready to send me your creative work!

lyndashobby
07-16-2008, 07:07 PM
2 more weeks to go. It's pretty quiet around here. Is everyone working on their homes? It's hard to work on building homes in this heat! Good luck and happy creating!

Donna
07-21-2008, 11:37 AM
Done and will be on their way tomorrow. Not very good scans I'm afraid!!

Donna xx

Ibus
07-22-2008, 09:14 PM
My cards are ready to go tomorrow.

10159 10160 10161 10162

Vicki Z
07-22-2008, 09:30 PM
My cards went off. You should be seeing them shortly.

lyndashobby
07-22-2008, 11:24 PM
Donna - your cards are wonderful! I was going to do a bee/beehive also because I love drawing bees. Your bookworm and dog are so cute. Great work! I'll let you know when they arrive.

lyndashobby
07-22-2008, 11:26 PM
Ibus - Very creative thinking. I can't wait to get your cards. I'll let you know when they arrive. Thanks for participating.

lyndashobby
07-27-2008, 12:35 PM
Randiland's cards have arrived so I think that's everyone. I had someone drop out this weekend. I will swap out and mail on Tuesday. Thanks everyone for participating! Please post on this thread when you receive so I know you received your cards.

Ibus
07-27-2008, 03:26 PM
Have you got mine already? Due date isn't for another few days yet.

Vicki Z
07-28-2008, 08:12 AM
GREAT card Ibus! I really like the catepillar/butterfly one. Is that a skeleton leaf? You certainly did use a lot of different elements on that card. I would give you rep points, but I just did for something else, so I will try to rep you later for that cool card.

Gee, lyndashobby, I am surprised more people didn't sign up for this swap! This has been a really fun theme.

lyndashobby
07-28-2008, 02:36 PM
Ibus is correct, I haven't yet received hers. I looked at the cards posted so many times I thought they were in my pile. Scary, huh??? I hope to see them in my mailbox soon.

lyndashobby
07-28-2008, 02:38 PM
Vicki - I was very surprised that more people didn't sign up also. There was a problem with this swap not showing up in "new posts" and I tried to get help in fixing it but didn't have any luck. I think that was the problem; not enought people knew about it. The cards I received are wonderful! So much creativity out there. I'm sure everyone will be happy with their returns.

Ibus
07-28-2008, 03:02 PM
Yes, it's a skeleton leaf. - was just going to do the caterpillar, but it didn't matter how I arranged it, he looked lost, so I added in the whole life cycle.
Still worried about my cards arriving. It said on the list that they'd arrived before I posted them and I hope I won't get left out of the swop.

Vicki Z
07-28-2008, 03:10 PM
I don't think Lynda will leave you out. If you re-read the posts, it looks like your POSTED CARDS were so memorable that Lynda thought she actualy had them in her possission. I can understand that! Your cards are wonderful. Besides, the cards aren't even due till the end of the week. just relax.

lyndashobby
07-30-2008, 02:52 AM
Ibus and Donnas' cards arrived today! Hurray!! I will swap them out and mail them off on Wednesday. Please post on this thread when you receive your cards and also leave a PM for the friends whose cards you receive. I'd appreciate a iTrader post from you, too. Thanks everyone for participating. Excellent entries for this swap...

Vicki Z
08-04-2008, 05:16 PM
I received my cards from this swap today.
Great job lyndashobby. You did a super job hosting the swap, and the reutns came so fast.
Thanks to neca84 for making a lovely mermaid, and thanks to lynda for sending her swimming my way. I LOVE mermaids!!!!
Thanks to Ibus for the catepillar and the skeleton leaf. I was drooling over that card, so am very pleased I received it.
Thanks to elena for "A pond is a house for a frog" card. I don't believe I have every received one of your cards before. It is lovely.
Thanks to Lyndashobby for being a GREAT host. Thanks also for the extra and the FUN confetti.

lyndashobby
08-06-2008, 02:05 PM
Has anyone else received your cards? I've heard from Vicki and Elena so far. Anyone else??

Ibus
08-09-2008, 02:10 PM
My cards arrived today, thanks to Neca 84, Lynda and VickiZ for the great cards, also Lynda for organising such a fun swop and using such brilliant envelopes! Thanks also fot the extras and fun confetti!

neca84
08-11-2008, 01:44 AM
Thanks to
Donna for Fido
Ibus for shell is my home
Ibus for nest is my home
Lyndashobby for tinckerbells home
Lyndashobby for nest is birds home
VickiZ for USA is freedom home

I can only leave Lyndashobby and Ibus 1 lot of rep points at this stage sorry, all the rest done and iTrader left as well,
Thank you all for a great swap
Carol

Randiland
08-11-2008, 11:45 AM
I got beautiful cards from:
Lyndashobby
Vicki Z
Elena

Great swap! Thanks to all!

Donna
08-13-2008, 02:49 AM
Mine arrived yesterday. Thanks for hosting lyndashobby :) I got cards from Elena, Randiland and our hostess......and all of them very lovely!