Vicki Z
11-21-2019, 04:36 PM
Swap Due Date: Due January 17, 2020
Signup/Withdraw Date: Due January 17, 2020
Number of ATCs: 3 for 3 or 6 for 6
Number of Participants: Unlimited
Medium: Any and all media and techniques are welcome
Chinese New Year - Year of the RAT, Due January 17, 2020

Many cultures run on a Solar/Lunar Calendar, the Chinese in particular.
The Chinese New Year 2020, Year of the Rat begins on January 25, 2020 – the second New Moon after the Solstice.
The "Spring Festival", beginning on the new moon, is the start of Chinese New Year, and is China's longest and most important traditional festival. It is celebrated at the turn of the traditional lunisolar Chinese calendar, which consists of both Gregorian and lunar-solar calendar systems. Chinese New Year can begin anytime between late January and mid-February. The Chinese New Year’s festivities end two weeks later on the 15th day of the first month (Full moon) and is celebrated with what is known as the Lantern Festival.

There are many traditions/beliefs associated with the New Year:
For example, the Chinese believe that as they enter a new year, they should start a new beginning.
They pay off all of their debts, purchase new clothes, paint their doors, and even get new haircuts in order to have a fresh start. The night before the New Year begins, it is important to completely clean the house and sweep it. If you sweep or clean on Chinese New Year Day, it is bad luck, because you are sweeping out your good luck from the New Year. The same goes for bathing/showering. Instead of washing the morning of Chinese New Year, you are supposed to bathe the night before, then wait until the day after to shower again. Otherwise, all your (New Year) good luck gets washed away.
Chinese New Year day is spent with family and friends, and usually there is a big family dinner. Flowers on the table each flower has meaning, fruit in bowls, and each traditional dish made, symbolizes something.

For this swap, your cards can be depictions of this year, 2020, which is the Year of the Rat. But you may also depict any Chinese New Year Animal, and there are 12 Chinese New Year animals to pick from.

Usually the U.S. post office (as well as the Canadian Post Office) releases a stamp to celebrate Chinese New Year. This year the post office is offering a blue rat. This stamp calls to mind the elaborately decorated masks used in the dragon dance often performed in Lunar New Year parades. This three-dimensional mask depicting a rat is a contemporary take on the long tradition of paper-cut folk art crafts created during this time of year.
Here is the link for the postage stamp Available for purchase January 11, 2020:
https://about.usps.com/newsroom/national-releases/2019/1022-usps-unveils-2020-stamps.htm

You can show the the Spring Festival, or the Lantern Festival, or red envelopes, or peonies, pineapples, mandarins, kumquats, or koi.
You can create cards about New Year beliefs/celebrations/traditions regards things to do, and other items which are BAD LUCK to do.

You can show celebrations such as Lion Dancing, Dragon Dancing, Dragon Boat Races, parades and/or fireworks.
The dragon is a very popular symbol for the Chinese New Year. It is a symbol of strength and good luck. A Chinese New Year celebration would not be complete without a giant dragon parading down the street. The dragon costume is always very colorful and can be up to 100 feet long. People inside the costume make the dragon move up and down as it zigzags past the spectators.

You can show Chinese New Year traditions, like the gifting of money in red envelopes/red pockets.
On Chinese New Year, it is good to be a single person because all the married people give unmarried people red pockets with lucky money inside. Others say red envelopes are only for children.

Fish, which are synonymous with Chinese New Year, Koi in particular.
Koi are very positive symbols and the different colors all have their different meanings!
So when you fill you Koi pond, make sure you get the right color mix! All very feng shui!

You can depict flowers. Flowers are great alone, and can also make excellent backgrounds.
The Peony is known as "flower of riches and honour" or "king of the flowers", and is used symbolically in Chinese art. It is a flower much favored for Chinese New Year. The Narcissus is a symbol of the beginning of a new year. It is a symbol of good fortune and prosperity in Asia. Cherry Blossoms symbolize spring, the new year, and new beginnings. Daffodils are for luck. Peach Blossoms feature in the Lunar New Year celebrations.

You can depict fruit such as mandarins or kumquats, symbolizing good fortune and prosperity.
In Lam Tsen there is a Wishing Tree where people throw Wishes tied to Mandarins into the Wishing Tree.
Pineapple is considered a auspicious fruit for festive season. There are always pineapple tarts in every home during the Chinese New Year. Red Lotus seeds mean fertility. And pistachio nuts are lucky.

You can add Lucky Coins. Tie the coins together by red or gold string/ribbon to activate them.Group them in 3s, 6s or 9s. They obviously attract wealth! Odd numbers are better than even numbers

You can show fireworks or firecrackers. There are many beliefs about why fireworks are used. One belief is that the noise of the fireworks is supposed to scare away all evil spirits, allowing the new year to begin without misfortunes.

* This is a 3 for 3 or 6 for 6 card trade. Make 3 or 6 cards and receive the same number back.

* ALL mediums and techniques are welcome. Please make sure you add some depth to your cards, whatever style you choose. Your mediums can include, but are not limited to: paper, tissue paper, crayon, acrylic, watercolor, gel pens, colored pencil, rubber stamping, ink, newspaper clippings, magazine clippings, etc. Please do not take a magazine image, cut it into a square, glue it onto some colored paper, and call it done. Make the ATC YOUR CREATION! I do ask that you send in your best work. Something you would not be disappointed in receiving if it was sent to you.

*Please sign up by posting to this thread.
* ONLY ATCs allowed. No APCs accepted.
* All cards need to be standard ATC size: 2.5” x 3.5”
* All cards need to be sent each in their own plastic sleeve. This is for their protection!
* All cards need to be sturdy enough to earn the name “card” (no floppy or flimsy paper). If your ATC is drawn or otherwise created on a single sheet of paper, and "flimsy", please back your ATC with something stiffer, such as a cereal box. Just as important, check for cards that are too thick. Each card must still be capable of fitting into the standard ATC sleeve. If your ATC will not fit into an ATC sleeve, it is too bulky.
* Please put the Swap name and your Username on the back of all cards. And please write clearly on everything!
.....We can't give you itrades and/or You Rock! points if we don't know who you are.
* Please confirm there is enough postage on the envelope.
.....Please check both the envelope you send to me, and the envelope I need to send back to you.
* If you are unsure about mailing ATCs, or just may want to pick up some good tips for shipping, here is a great link.
http://atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=909

* If you are inside the U.S., please include a Self Addressed Stamped Envelope 4 by 9 1/2 inches, with 55 cents postage, or one "Forever" stamp if trading 3 cards; or one forever and one 15 cent stamp (additional ounce postage) if trading 6 cards, OR if your cards are extra heavy or extra bulky (or 2 forever stamps if that is easier).

* Canadian and other International participants, if you have U.S. funds, or U.S. postage, it is greatly appreciated. Please send $1.00 or 2 "Forever" stamps. However, since many of you do not have access to U.S. stamps, I will cover your postage. Please include a self addressed envelope 4 by 9 1/2 inches (10 x 28 cm), or if you do not have the correct size envelope, please include a large mailing label with your address and I will provide the envelope.
* I apologize for being so demanding about the envelope size, but the postal rates in the US charge extra for thickness. When cards are stacked, or overlapped, in (a smaller) envelope, it almost always costs more to mail. If you send me a small envy, the cards get stacked. When I use the 4 inch by 9 1/2 inch business size envelopes, I can spread the cards over the area, making a THIN package, and only pay for basic (minimum) postage.

* Cards are due to me by January 17, 2020. Please allow sufficient lead time for cards to get to me, particularly if you are an International participant. Returns will be mailed promptly. Late cards will be returned, as it is unfair to those participants who always have their cards in early or on time.

* A hostie card in this theme is appreciated but not at all expected!

* Thank you for considering this swap! If you have my address from previous swaps, it hasn't changed. If you are new, or have misplaced my address, please send me a PM.

* Above all ~Have fun!!!

Here are some links to help you get started:

Chinese New Year 2020
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_New_Year
https://chinesenewyear.net/
https://chinesenewyear.net/zodiac/rat/

Chinese Lantern Festival
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lantern_Festival

Special Chinese red packets are specifically used during the Chinese New Year to give monetary gifts.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_envelope

Vicki Z
11-21-2019, 05:08 PM
Current Participants
Chinese New Year - Year of the RAT, Due January 17 2020

1. nartle -- Cards Received 1/15 * CANADA
2. Ancient Planter -- Cards Received 12/23
3. An. M. Sudyka -- Cards Received 12/20
4. Donnacr -- Cards Received 1/15 * AUSTRALIA
5. WAHMBrenda -- Cards Received 12/16
6. mrubyjean -- Cards Received 1/13
7. JenUrebel -- Cards Received 12/26
8. Vegan4animals -- Cards Received 1/13
9. Boots -- Cards Received 12/13
10. Fandanie -- Cards Received 1/13
11. jo.on.the.go -- Cards Received 12/11
12. TrailRider -- Cards Received 1/13
13. Vicki Z -- Cards Received 12/13
14. TrinaLD -- Cards Received 1/13
15. AmeBee -- Cards Received 1/15 * BELGIUM
16. asharnanae -- Cards Received 1/01 * UNITED KINGDOM
17. Laffqueen -- Cards Received 1/04
//. BlancaMarS -- NO CARDS, NO COMMUNICATION * MADRID
//. Trtlman -- WITHDREW
//. StitchinWitch -- WITHDREW
//. minibee1010 -- WITHDREW
//. Bishopsmate -- WITHDREW * ENGLAND

* INTERNATIONAL

Vicki Z
11-21-2019, 05:19 PM
There are 12 Chinese Zodiac animals to choose from if you wish to participate but do not like mice or rats.
There are also fruit and flowers significant to Chinese New Year Celebrations. And numerous fun traditions to follow.
Plus parades, races, fireworks, lucky coins, red envelopes filled with money.

Bishopsmate
11-21-2019, 06:52 PM
Thank you for the invite... count me in please

Vicki Z
11-21-2019, 08:09 PM
Welcome!
I signed you up.
You are NUMBER ONE!!!

Ancient Planter
11-21-2019, 11:55 PM
This is a no-brainer for me - not only is it another fun Vicki Z swap, but I was born in a Rat year (on Groundhog Day so I’m sort of a funny looking rat, or a rattish groundhog). We rats are smart, logical, skillful, hard-working, considerate, adaptable, introverted and timid, suspicious and conservative with money. :twitcy:

Thanks for the invite, Vicki! Sign me up!

Vicki Z
11-22-2019, 12:59 AM
Welcome Ancient Planter.
I signed you up.

LOVE your description of yourself!

An. M. Sudyka
11-22-2019, 03:19 AM
Sign me up. This should be a fun swap.

AmeBee
11-22-2019, 03:36 AM
Lurking with intent! This is an absolutely awesome theme, love it :jiggy:

Vicki Z
11-22-2019, 09:19 AM
Lurkers welcome, AmeBee.
Hope you can come back and sign up.

Vicki Z
11-22-2019, 09:21 AM
Sign me up. This should be a fun swap.

Welcome An. M. Sudyka.
Yes, this is going to be FUN.

Vicki Z
11-22-2019, 07:49 PM
People born in the year of the Rat are clever, quick thinkers; successful, but content with living a quiet and peaceful life.

The Rat is the first of all zodiac animals. According to one myth, the Jade Emperor said the zodiac order of animal progression would be decided by the order in which they arrived to his party.
The quick thinking and clever Rat tricked the Ox into giving him a ride. Then, just as they arrived at the finish line, Rat jumped down and landed on shore at the party ahead of Ox, becoming the first sign of the Chinese Zodiac.

AmySi
11-22-2019, 07:50 PM
Love these swaps! Will lurk until I get a card or two done :)

Vicki Z
11-22-2019, 07:55 PM
Love these swaps! Will lurk until I get a card or two done :)

Lurkers welcome.
Looking forward to you getting some cards done.

Donnacr
11-23-2019, 03:03 AM
I was born in the calendar year of the Rat but, being an early January birthday, am actually still in the previous Chinese year of the Pig.

Sign me up - can't miss the next instalment.

Vicki Z
11-23-2019, 06:27 AM
Welcome Donnacr.
I signed you up.

WAHMBrenda
11-23-2019, 06:46 PM
I want to play!

Vicki Z
11-23-2019, 11:43 PM
Welcome WAHMBrenda.
I signed you up.

Wolf_Moon
11-24-2019, 04:44 AM
Larking with intent

Vicki Z
11-24-2019, 08:11 AM
Lurkers always welcome.

Vicki Z
11-24-2019, 01:00 PM
People born in the year of the Rat are clever, quick thinkers, and successful.
But they are content with living a quiet and peaceful life.

The Rat is the first of all zodiac animals. According to one myth, the Jade Emperor said the zodiac order of animal progression would be decided by the order in which they arrived to his party.
The quick thinking and clever Rat tricked the Ox into giving him a ride. Then, just as they arrived at the finish line, Rat jumped down and landed on shore at the party ahead of Ox, becoming the first sign of the Chinese Zodiac.

AmySi
11-24-2019, 07:06 PM
Here are my cards from last year :)
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/39484/small/1_Chinese_small.jpg
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=517760

Silky1150
11-25-2019, 09:05 AM
Thanks for the invite.. lurking with intent.

mrubyjean
11-25-2019, 12:51 PM
Love your New Year swaps, VickiZ...please sign me up!

Vicki Z
11-25-2019, 12:57 PM
Lurkers welcome, Silky 1150.

Vicki Z
11-25-2019, 12:58 PM
Welcome mrubyjean.
I signed you up.

JenUrebel
11-25-2019, 02:29 PM
Sign me up too. I think I've played every year since I started AFA. These are always fun to gather fodder for.

Vicki Z
11-25-2019, 03:09 PM
Welcome JenUrebel.
I signed you up.

StitchinWitch
11-25-2019, 09:19 PM
Lurking for now, waiting to see if I have time to do it right

pouringdiva
11-26-2019, 01:20 AM
huh. Let me lurk for right now.

Vicki Z
11-26-2019, 02:48 AM
Lurkers welcome, StitchinWitch and pouringdiva.
Hope you can come back and join us.

Vegan4animals
11-26-2019, 09:22 AM
I would like to play!

Vicki Z
11-26-2019, 02:22 PM
Welcome Vegan4animals.
I signed you up.

Vicki Z
11-29-2019, 09:41 AM
NINE inches of snow received yesterday.
Just got plowed out, and did some Black Friday shopping.
Got back just as the roads are getting icy, and we have another 6-10 inches of snow predicted for today, along with rain, sleet, freezing drizzle, and "Thunder Snow", which translates to rain, and thunderstorms, as the temperature drops and the rain turns to snow.
I think I will stay inside, and cook, and create.

Happy Black Friday
Happy Shopping

Bishopsmate
11-29-2019, 12:51 PM
OMG!!!! I'll try not to complain about our miserable rain anymore. Enjoy the shopping.

Vicki Z
11-29-2019, 01:09 PM
Rain can be extremely miserable!!!!!!
I would rather have snow than rain this time of the year!
It is GORGEOUS on the trees, and shovels easily. ;)

Fandanie
11-29-2019, 01:10 PM
I want to play too. Love your swaps !!

Vicki Z
11-29-2019, 01:13 PM
Welcome Fandanie.
I signed you up.

jo.on.the.go
11-30-2019, 12:34 PM
I would like to play. Here are my cards. They aren't especially Chinese-y, but they are Rat-y. I will be adding more.

211388 Rat 1

211389 Rat 2

211390 Rat 3

211391 Rat 4

Vicki Z
11-30-2019, 01:12 PM
Welcome jo.on.the.go.
I signed you up.

TrailRider
11-30-2019, 02:14 PM
Thanks for the invite, and please sign me up!

mrubyjean
11-30-2019, 04:28 PM
Love your rats, Jo!

TrinaLD
11-30-2019, 04:57 PM
I really do have to participate and make this a priority since I was born under the Year of the Rat. I will try to embrace my ratness. Please, Vicki Z, sign me up.

Vicki Z
11-30-2019, 11:02 PM
I really do have to participate and make this a priority since I was born under the Year of the Rat. I will try to embrace my ratness. Please, Vicki Z, sign me up.

AWESOME
Glad to have you participating.
I signed you up

Vicki Z
11-30-2019, 11:04 PM
Welcome TrailRider.
I signed you up.

jo.on.the.go
12-01-2019, 05:48 PM
Three more rats for the swap

211404 Rat 5

211405 Rat 6

211406 Rat 7

Vicki Z
12-02-2019, 01:27 AM
Thanks, jo.on.the.go.

Your rats have so much personality!
Rat 6 really seems to be watching out of one eye while clutching his cheese.
Well done!

AmeBee
12-02-2019, 04:32 AM
Done lurking! Please add me to the list of partygoers :D

(I'm international from Belgium):wub:

Vicki Z
12-02-2019, 11:17 AM
Done lurking! Please add me to the list of partygoers :D

Welcome AmeBee.
I signed you up.

jo.on.the.go
12-02-2019, 05:43 PM
I am reading The Brothers Karamazov. In describing the father’s house it says “It had some rats too, but Karamazov didn’t really mind them: “You don’t feel quite so lonely in the evenings with them around,” he used to say.”

Vicki Z
12-02-2019, 05:50 PM
I am reading The Brothers Karamazov. In describing the father’s house it says “It had some rats too, but Karamazov didn’t really mind them: “You don’t feel quite so lonely in the evenings with them around,” he used to say.”

What a cool quote.
Thanks for sharing.

Trtlman
12-05-2019, 04:51 PM
Iíll do it

Vicki Z
12-05-2019, 06:38 PM
Welcome Trtlman.
I signed you up.

asharnanae
12-05-2019, 08:35 PM
Can I sign up please :D

Vicki Z
12-07-2019, 04:26 AM
Welcome asharnanae.
I signed you up.

asharnanae
12-10-2019, 09:21 AM
Loving the arts jo.on.the.go :D

I had some time to get my own cards done. 211601

Vicki Z
12-10-2019, 09:56 AM
AWESOME cards.
Love those ratty rascals.

Joamosatcharterdotnet
12-10-2019, 12:33 PM
Lurking.

Vicki Z
12-10-2019, 01:53 PM
Lurkers welcome Joamosatcharterdotnet.

mrubyjean
12-10-2019, 04:40 PM
Love your rats, asharnanae!

Vicki Z
12-11-2019, 03:28 PM
First cards have been received.
Thank you jo.on.the.go for being so FAST!!!!!!
Thank you also for including a hostie card.

Vicki Z
12-12-2019, 04:22 AM
The Year of the Metal Rat 2020 will be a year of new beginnings, new opportunities, love and money.
2020 is going to be successful!

Vicki Z
12-13-2019, 01:30 PM
TGIFridays (a popular restaurant chain locally) is advertising all you can eat appetizers, including Dragon Fire Chicken Wings. I LOVE spicy chicken wings......so Dragon Fire wings I expect to be awesome.
Dragons are also popular for Chinese New Year, and for this swap you can show celebrations such as
Dragon Dancing, Dragon Boat Races, parades and/or fireworks.
The dragon is a very popular symbol for the Chinese New Year.

Trtlman
12-15-2019, 01:39 PM
I unfortunately canít do this

Vicki Z
12-16-2019, 12:45 AM
I unfortunately can’t do this

Thanks for letting me know.
I will withdraw you.

asharnanae
12-16-2019, 11:57 AM
hey Vicki Z, I sent off my cards today :D

Vicki Z
12-17-2019, 11:58 AM
Cards received from wahmbrenda.
Thanks for including a hostie card.

WAHMBrenda
12-17-2019, 12:47 PM
You're welcome. Thanks for hosting.

Vicki Z
12-18-2019, 03:38 AM
hey Vicki Z, I sent off my cards today :D

I will watch for them.

Vicki Z
12-20-2019, 05:48 PM
FAB cards recieved from An. M. Sudyka.
Thanks so much for including a hostie card.

Donnacr
12-21-2019, 05:05 AM
My cards went in the mail today

Vicki Z
12-23-2019, 12:19 PM
FAB cards, Donnacr.
I think the rat is my favorite.
Do you know that the character by his mouth stands for?
Is he saying something?
I will watch for your ATCs and let you know when they arrive.

JenUrebel
12-23-2019, 04:41 PM
mine just went postal today :)

Vicki Z
12-24-2019, 10:08 AM
mine just went postal today :)

thanks for letting me know.

Vicki Z
12-25-2019, 12:10 PM
AWESOME cards received from Ancient Planter!!!!!

Your Rats have such personality!!!
LOVE them all, but the "Gong Hei Fat Choy" is my favorite portrait.
But I am also drawn to the profile portrait.
Thank you for including a hostie card.
It is difficiult to choose.

Laffqueen
12-26-2019, 08:57 AM
jo.on .the go Those are rat-fully great

Laffqueen
12-26-2019, 09:34 AM
OK I'm in.

BlancaMarS
12-26-2019, 11:05 AM
Hiya! If I'm still on time I'd love to join. I live in Spain, so thanks for making this international :)

Vicki Z
12-26-2019, 11:13 PM
Welcome Laffqueen.
I signed you up.

Vicki Z
12-26-2019, 11:13 PM
Welcome BlancaMarS.
I signed you up.

Vicki Z
12-26-2019, 11:14 PM
Cards received from JenUrebel.

Laffqueen
12-27-2019, 01:00 PM
The Chinese paper cuts and the pictures of Mao are from some souvenirs I picked up in China a few years ago. I love to add authentic elements whenever I can

Laffqueen
12-27-2019, 01:01 PM
Will mail later today

Vicki Z
12-27-2019, 01:07 PM
The Chinese paper cuts and the pictures of Mao are from some souvenirs I picked up in China a few years ago. I love to add authentic elements whenever I can

SPECTACULAR CARDS
Love the paper cuts. They have always fascinated me.
I bet you had a wonderful time visiting China. How awesome.

Vicki Z
12-27-2019, 01:08 PM
Will mail later today

I will watch for our cards.

StitchinWitch
12-27-2019, 04:59 PM
I thought I signed up for this but I don't see my name the list, so please sign me up.

Vicki Z
12-27-2019, 06:04 PM
I thought I signed up for this but I don't see my name the list, so please sign me up.

You said, on Page #2, Post #29, that you were lurking, so I did not sign you up at that time.
Now that you have committed, I will sign you up.
Welcome.

Boots
12-28-2019, 03:04 AM
Please sign me up.
Thanks

Vicki Z
12-28-2019, 09:52 PM
Welcome Boots.
I signed you up.

Ancient Planter
12-28-2019, 11:42 PM
TGIFridays (a popular restaurant chain locally) is advertising all you can eat appetizers, including Dragon Fire Chicken Wings. I LOVE spicy chicken wings......so Dragon Fire wings I expect to be awesome.
Dragons are also popular for Chinese New Year, and for this swap you can show celebrations such as
Dragon Dancing, Dragon Boat Races, parades and/or fireworks.
The dragon is a very popular symbol for the Chinese New Year.

Rats who marry dragons can't go wrong! Colleen (born in a metal rat year) married to Alan (born in a dragon year) - 19 very happy years on Monday Dec. 30. :jiggy: I do much better with Chinese astrology than western astrology ;)

Vicki Z
12-29-2019, 01:01 AM
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY.

I love Chinese astrology, too.
And I also love Star Trek Astrology, which you and I have not yet discussed.
I'll have to send you a PM on that, but probably not until the current ATHON is over.

nartle
12-29-2019, 04:43 PM
I love rats and would love to sign up for this one!
I know the deadline is approaching so I will endeavor to have them in the mail ASAP.

Ancient Planter
12-29-2019, 05:36 PM
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY.

I love Chinese astrology, too.
And I also love Star Trek Astrology, which you and I have not yet discussed.
I'll have to send you a PM on that, but probably not until the current ATHON is over.

??? I've never heard of this!!

Vicki Z
12-29-2019, 10:28 PM
I love rats and would love to sign up for this one!
I know the deadline is approaching so I will endeavor to have them in the mail ASAP.

Welcome nartle.
I signed you up, and I just sent you my mailing address via PM so you will have it when you finish your cards for the swap.

Vicki Z
01-01-2020, 03:11 PM
FAB cards received from ashaarnanae.

Vicki Z
01-03-2020, 04:14 PM
There are only TWO WEEKS until your cards have to be IN MY HANDS for this swap.

Don't wait too long to mail, particularly any of you international folks, because international mail usually takes longer to reach me.

There are some AWESOME cards already received, and if you want to trade, you have to get your cards mailed in!!!!!

minibee1010
01-03-2020, 04:53 PM
May I play?

Vicki Z
01-03-2020, 05:00 PM
May I play?

Yes, you may play, but please note that the due date for your completed ATCs to be in my hands is January 17, or just two weeks from today.
You have time to make your cards and mail them, but don't wait too long.
It takes 4-5 days for mail to reach me, so please create and mail your cards as soon as possible.
I just sent you my address via PM so when your creations are complete, you can mail them.

Vegan4animals
01-03-2020, 05:30 PM
My cards are ready! I'll mail them out on Monday or sooner...

Vicki Z
01-03-2020, 06:02 PM
FAB cards.
LOVE your die cut dragon and what looks like a die cut pagoda.
Very cool!!!!

I will watch for your cards and let you know when they arrive.

Laffqueen
01-05-2020, 01:15 AM
Jo.on.the.go and asharnanae. Your cards arenít beautiful

Vicki Z
01-05-2020, 01:28 AM
FAB cards received from Laffqueen.
Thank you for including a hostie card.

TrailRider
01-06-2020, 04:48 PM
Thanks for the reminder! Glue is drying, cards will get to you by the end of this week.

TrinaLD
01-06-2020, 07:39 PM
I finished my cards finally (hubby had a medical emergency this past weekend so I got a bit behind). I've pasted images below. 2 have movable elements. 2 do not.

Vicki Z
01-06-2020, 08:02 PM
Your cards are wonderful.
Cannot wait to see them in person.
LOVE that 2 move.
Thanks for including a hostie.

I am sorry to hear about your husband.
Hopefully the emergency is over and he is better.
Sending thoughts and prayers.

TrinaLD
01-06-2020, 08:05 PM
Yes, the emergency is over. We have a follow up with his doctor on Wednesday. He's about back to normal. We think, and the emergency room physician thinks, that it might have been a reaction to some new medicine. I'll go to his appointment with him.

I think the cards look better in real life. They're all hand painted watercolor paper and then collaged and/or drawn. I used quite a bit of gold or pen since this is a metal rat year. I should mail tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest.

And thank you, Vicki.

Vicki Z
01-06-2020, 08:08 PM
Yes, the emergency is over. We have a follow up with his doctor on Wednesday. He's about back to normal. We think, and the emergency room physician thinks, that it might have been a reaction to some new medicine. I'll go to his appointment with him.

I think the cards look better in real life. They're all hand painted watercolor paper and then collaged and/or drawn. I used quite a bit of gold or pen since this is a metal rat year. I should mail tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest.

And thank you, Vicki.

I will let you know when your cards arrive.

Vicki Z
01-06-2020, 08:09 PM
Thanks for the reminder! Glue is drying, cards will get to you by the end of this week.

Thanks for letting me know. I will watch for them and let you know when they arrive.

AmeBee
01-07-2020, 03:18 AM
My cards are in the mail!

Vicki Z
01-08-2020, 12:27 AM
AWESOME cards!
I will let you know when they arrive.

mrubyjean
01-09-2020, 10:26 PM
My cards are finally finished!
They will be in the mail first thing...sorry for cutting it so close.

Vicki Z
01-09-2020, 11:12 PM
My cards are finally finished!
They will be in the mail first thing...sorry for cutting it so close.

I am so glad you finally finished.
AWESOME ART!!!!!

The first one looks like a paper cut bird...
LOVE those paper cuts.
And the postage stamp on the last one is FAB.
Thanks for posting.
And thanks for for including a hostie card.
I will watch for your cards and let you know when they arrive.
They should get here by deadline. :jiggy:

Fandanie
01-12-2020, 12:40 PM
Have my cards arrived?

Vicki Z
01-12-2020, 03:01 PM
They were not in my hands on Saturday.
There is no mail delivery on Sunday.
I will check again tomorrow.

Fandanie
01-12-2020, 10:04 PM
Lol. I know about Sunday. Thought they may have come in before.

Laffqueen
01-12-2020, 10:50 PM
Mrubyjean. Awesome cards

Vicki Z
01-13-2020, 02:44 PM
Mail Call:
Cards received from Fandanie, TrinaLD, mrubyjean, TrailRider, Vegan4animals.
Thanks to each of you for including a hostie card.

mrubyjean
01-13-2020, 02:47 PM
Wow, that was fast ~ glad they arrived safely, thanks!

Vicki Z
01-13-2020, 04:03 PM
Wow, that was fast ~ glad they arrived safely, thanks!

Mail is soooooo interesting.
You say your cards arrived fast, but two others have said their cards took "FOREVER".
I wish I had control over the post office. I ask Santa every year for that power,but he hasn't given it to me, yet!!!!!

Vicki Z
01-13-2020, 04:46 PM
The Chinese New Year Postage Stamps were released for purchase this past weekend.
They went on sale Saturday, and today I purchased the last ones my local post office had in stock.
The stamps are gorgeous.....if you want some purchase them soon.
Here is what they look like:
https://about.usps.com/newsroom/national-releases/2019/1022-usps-unveils-2020-stamps.htm

TrinaLD
01-13-2020, 05:54 PM
Oh, I need to get some this week. I hope there are some still available.

AmeBee, I love your cards and the little envelopes you made for them. I wanted to make some envelopes, but ...

Vicki Z
01-13-2020, 07:14 PM
Oh, I need to get some this week. I hope there are some still available.

AmeBee, I love your cards and the little envelopes you made for them. I wanted to make some envelopes, but ...

My post office is small, your post office may have more stamps.
And my post office says they will get in more stamps, but I never know how long it will take.

AmeBee
01-14-2020, 03:38 AM

thank you!
But (sadly) I did not make the envelopes myself. I was lucky to receive them in a Japanese stationary box with Chinese New Year as a theme. They were a perfect fit for the cards :)

Donnacr
01-15-2020, 09:23 AM
I am starting to get a little worried about my cards as swaps that I mailed a week AFTER these have arrived.

Vicki Z
01-15-2020, 11:33 AM
I am starting to get a little worried about my cards as swaps that I mailed a week AFTER these have arrived.

I cannot determine your mailing date by your comment of "mailed a week AFTER these have arrived"......but you did say in the thread that you mailed Dec 21st, so.......
It has always taken 3 weeks, or 21 days, for your cards to reach me, and the last batch you mailed to me took 23 days, 2 days more than usual. (I mentioned that to you at the time, so you would know I was keeping track.)

Plus, the transit for your current envy included mailing through both Christmas and New Year (both full day National Holidays of NO MAIL) plus Christmas Eve Day and New Year Eve Day (both of which the Post Office closed at noon), resulting in 2 full days plus 2 half days, or a total of 3 days worth of delayed and non-existent postal pick up and delivery.......:( (Holidays of NO MAIL)

Considering these holidays result in this being delivery day 21, to delivery day 24
(depending on counting or not counting holidays), from your posted mail date.
And it is just after Christmas, and 12th Night, and Epiphany, so I was not particularly worried, figuring your "normal" transit time, and holiday delays.
Please, don't YOU worry. :swoon:

I received a HUGE pile of mail Monday, but not a single envelope yesterday.
It is too early to check for mail today......The posties don't distribute to P.O. Boxes this early unless they are totally bored (and with coffee brakes and new magazines to read, .....my magazines NEVER come sealed...., this does NOT often happen).
On the bright side, it does look like the post office is catching up after the (multiple) holidays, so your envy will probably arrive soon, perhaps today.

I will let you know as soon as I get your cards. :jiggy:

Donnacr
01-15-2020, 06:25 PM
Thanks

Vicki Z
01-16-2020, 02:41 PM
AWESOME cards received from Donnacr, AmeBee, and Nartle.
Thanks to each of you for including a hostie card.

TrinaLD
01-16-2020, 03:59 PM
I managed to get a sheet of stamps at the second USPS I tried yesterday. The stamps are absolutely EXQUISITE. I couldn't help but show them to folks yesterday while I was out and about. Some loved them. Some asked if they were real stamps. Some weren't impressed. They are more lovely than online.

Vicki Z
01-16-2020, 04:21 PM
I managed to get a sheet of stamps at the second USPS I tried yesterday. The stamps are absolutely EXQUISITE. I couldn't help but show them to folks yesterday while I was out and about. Some loved them. Some asked if they were real stamps. Some weren't impressed. They are more lovely than online.

That is exactly what I thought!!!!
The stamps are definitely more lovely than online.
I am sorry you had to check out TWO post offices to obtain your sheet of stamps.

I went back to my post office to see if they had more stamps available (they did tell me they were getting more in)
But, they were still out.
Then, I got a sheet (of stamps) at my grocery store service counter.

Hubby laughed when I told him my story, and I had to show him the grocery store receipt to "prove" I bought stamps AT THE GROCERY STORE because the post office was OUT OF STAMPS.......:eek:
:twitcy: :unsure: :swoon:

Vicki Z
01-21-2020, 01:38 PM
Cards are being swapped out.
They should be in the mail later this week.
Thanks to everyone for participating.

jo.on.the.go
01-21-2020, 03:20 PM
I just picked up Chinese New Year stamps today. They are lovely.

Vicki Z
01-21-2020, 04:55 PM
yes, they are gorgeous.
I went back to my local post office and was able to obtain another sheet of them.
The postie lady says she liked the last 12 group (flowers, fruits, and food)better.
I totally disagree with her. I think these are much nicer.