PDA

View Full Version : Postage stamp ATCs - PLACES/SCENERY Due: June 20

Donnacr
04-15-2020, 10:52 PM
Due date: June 20
postage date for non-Australians: May 13 (NOTE: change of suggested postage date!!)
I live in Australia - mail will NOT reach me quickly! I normally allow 3 weeks when mailing my swaps to anywhere in the world - I suggest you do the same.
This was before Corona virus shut down most of the flights into and out of Australia - I would now suggest that you allow at least a month if not 5 weeks.
cards: 3:3 or 6:6
participants: unlimited
media: any and all but MUST include at least 1 postage stamp with a PLACE OR SCENERY on it

ALL RETURNS (except Suzi) MAILED JULY 4
Suzi mailed July 17

I have LOTS of postage stamps and love using them on my cards so I have decided to run a monthly series of swaps using different topics on the stamps. This is the 6th in the series.
short of stamps? Just ask - I have lots on most topics and I am very happy to send them to you. If you need some a little quicker just PM CastleQueen5 - she is in the US and has lots of postage stamps to share as well.

July- Flags August - Marine (fish, other sealife and plants) Sept - Land animals (not cats, dogs or butterflies Oct - Flowers/trees Nov - Household items/food (chairs, lamps, coffee pots, clocks, jugs, etc) Dec - Christmas Jan '21 - Birds (land or sea eg penguins) Feb - Music (musicians, dancers, singers, etc) Mar - Art (artists, pictures of Art - Classical, native, retro, etc) Apr - Sport (playing sport, sports equipment, Olympics, etc) May - Celebrations/ emotions

Please include a background for your stamp(s) - it can be an extension of the stamp design or abstract, or something in between. Plain white backgrounds will be returned unswapped.

Post to the thread to sign up.

PM me for my address when you are ready to mail - if you have an address in Robina, I am still there.

Due date:
Cards are to be in my hand by June 20. I will mail your returns as soon as possible but remember, it took up to 3 weeks to reach me so your returns may take up to 3 weeks to reach you. Please be on time so others don't have to wait.

Postage:
Australian players: please include a stamp equivalent to your postage
International players: unfortunately Australian international postage has gone up to $3.20 so I must ask for a well hidden US$2 of a Global Forever stamp

ALL players please include a LARGE address label (AT LEAST 2" x2"), I will supply envelopes. Please do NOT send those 3-in-a-row sleeves - they do not fit in my envelopes.

1. Do your best work - I plan to swap effort-for-effort as much as I can.

2. Clearly write your USERNAME and the SWAP NAME on the back of all your cards (so you can get fun rep points and on the back of your mailing envelope. I am running a few swaps and do not want to put you with the wrong returns.

3. Please mail early to allow time to reach Australia

4. An extra card for the swap Host is greatly appreciated but is not required.

5. Embellishments are fine. The completed card needs to fit into a standard pocket and the embellishments need to be securely fastened so they don't fall off during shipping. If it is too bulky it is more than likely that the card will not reach me - either because the envelope has been torn and the card lost, or it is too heavy.

6. Have fun!

7. I will give iTrader feedback when I receive your cards and will also update this post showing that your cards have been received. In return I encourage you to give iTrader Host feedback to me when you receive your swap returns, and Rep points to the artists whose cards you receive. After all, knowing where your cards went is half the fun I think.

PLAYERS
0. donnacr
1. Haagmm - received
2. CastleQueen5 - withdrew
3. jo.on.the.go - returned
4. TrailRider - disappeared
5. nanvan - returned
6. Suzi - received LATE
7. Laffqueen - returned
8. Betsyg - returned
9. AngelJoy - returned
10. TurquoisePineapple - received
11. plumhill2001 - returned
12. Seascape131 - received
13. BlancoLobo - returned
14. onyablue - returned
15. spicecat - received
16. Bishopsmate - returned

TrailRider
04-16-2020, 01:08 PM
Got my stamps all picked out, sign me up please!

jo.on.the.go
04-16-2020, 03:18 PM
I like the 2021 choices.

nanvan
04-16-2020, 04:29 PM
Sign me up, please!

CastleQueen5
04-16-2020, 04:38 PM
I have so many great stamps for this one. I just hope I can make them into something interesting.

nanvan
04-16-2020, 06:00 PM
I have so many great stamps for this one. I just hope I can make them into something interesting.

Same here! I wish I was more of a painter, so I could do extended scenes.

jo.on.the.go
04-16-2020, 06:05 PM
I really enjoy doing extended scenes. Give it a try nanvan

nanvan
04-16-2020, 06:08 PM
You are so GOOD at it!
I did try one, one time, and it was a failure. I might give it another go for this swap.

Suzi
04-16-2020, 07:57 PM
Sign me up please

jo.on.the.go
04-16-2020, 08:39 PM
nanvan Thanks...my “skill” is due to lot and lots of practice. I’ve been on this site over 10 years. In fact, I can remember the first swap I joined - watercolor landscape. I was so paranoid that my cards wouldn’t be “good enough”. I eventually developed my own style but I have to tell you about a critique of my art that happened many years ago. I once belonged to the Doylestown Art League and we were encouraged to present our art for public analysis by an art critic. I brought in a small painting, perhaps 9 x 12, of a barn done very much in my current style with black ink lines and watercolor over those. The critic said it looked as if I couldn’t decide whether I wanted to do a drawing or a painting - that I should either just draw or paint. I tried doing that and I was never happy with my painting, so I just went back to doing what I do now. So I’m just saying that everybody has her own style and don’t compare!

nanvan
04-16-2020, 08:43 PM
Thanks for sharing your story, jo - you were wise not to let the critique stop you from painting. I love your style just the way it is.

Mouseit
04-17-2020, 04:54 AM
lurking.......:)

plumhill2001
04-17-2020, 02:30 PM
Lurking! :)

smallgirl
04-18-2020, 12:28 PM
Lurking...I'm sad that I missed the transport swap too...just didn't have time...

Donnacr
04-20-2020, 03:17 AM
welcome to our new signees - TrailRider, nanvan and Suzi

nice to see you back mouseit, lurkers are always welcome to spend time on my lurkers' couch (but you know that you all really want to play ;))

nanvan - when I try to do an extend the scene I try to find a stamp that has a lot of colour but not much detail. I have just had a delightful time going back through years of my cards to try and find the one that I was thinking about but couldn't find it. I know that I used this stamp (1st thumbnail), but this is a very similar extension (2nd thumbnail)
However, while hunting I also found some other options. If you want to keep it very simple (thumbnail 3 ) or a little bit of experiment back in 2014 (thumbnail 4). I cut the stamps in half horizontally, matched the design across the card then filled the gap in the middle (with embossing and ink pad in this example).
One of my favourite ways of 'extending the scene' is to scan the original stamp then progressively enlarge it (in this example I enlarged it 3 times), print the 3 new versions and layer them with the original stamp as the top layer.

Hope this hasn't put people off but simply given them other ways of using their stamps.

Laffqueen
04-20-2020, 04:45 AM
‘I’m in please

Laffqueen
04-20-2020, 08:59 AM
and here they are. Already posted and on their way

Betsyg
04-20-2020, 10:08 AM
I’m in!

plumhill2001
04-20-2020, 11:17 AM
and here they are. Already posted and on their way

Beautiful! I especially love the two on the left! :)

Donnacr
04-20-2020, 10:05 PM
welcome Laffqueen and Betsyg

Laffqueen - I agree with Plumhill2001, your cards are great! What did you use for the background of the Seattle, Canada card?

nanvan
04-20-2020, 10:10 PM
I love your cards, Laffqueen! What a perfect color/design match on the Seattle card with the Canada stamp! The first one is my favourite - I just love the bird flying high over the scene!

Haagmm
04-21-2020, 10:07 AM
Signing in so I can follow

AngelJoy
04-21-2020, 05:06 PM
Sign me up, please!

Donnacr
04-21-2020, 11:31 PM
welcome Haagmm and AngelJoy - so glad to see you both back

TurquoisePineapple
04-22-2020, 09:43 AM
Can you add me to this swap?

AngelJoy
04-23-2020, 01:10 AM
My cards are done:

USA / Earth Day

Great Outdoors / Coastal States

I will get them in the mail as soon as I can get some more Global forever stamps, I will let you know when I send them. Thanks for keeping this swap series going, Donnacr!

plumhill2001
04-24-2020, 10:29 AM
Okey dokey! Please sign me up! :jiggy:
Here are my cards, and I'll get them in the mail today. Which is Friday. I've been thinking it was Thursday. Sheesh! ;)

nanvan
04-24-2020, 12:26 PM
Nice cards, AngelJoy! I especially like "Earth Day".

nanvan
04-24-2020, 12:27 PM
Great cards, plumhill2001 - the first 2 are my favourites!

CastleQueen5
04-24-2020, 09:23 PM
Okey dokey! Please sign me up! :jiggy:
Here are my cards, and I'll get them in the mail today. Which is Friday. I've been thinking it was Thursday. Sheesh! ;)

I also like the first two the most. I like the simplicity of the Indian Ocean and the elephants. The second has a great color combination. I had no idea that the stamp on the 2nd set was from NM. I had plans to look at the stamp I own with magnifying glass.

plumhill2001
04-25-2020, 04:42 AM
I also like the first two the most. I like the simplicity of the Indian Ocean and the elephants. The second has a great color combination. I had no idea that the stamp on the 2nd set was from NM. I had plans to look at the stamp I own with magnifying glass.

Yeah, the type is tiny! ;)

Donnacr
04-26-2020, 03:45 AM
Please note that I have moved the postage date suggestion backward to May 20 due to the reduced flights between Australia and anywhere.

Donnacr
04-26-2020, 03:54 AM
welcome to TurquoisePineapple - if you have any questions feel free to ask in this thread or send me a PM. There is no such thing as a silly question, we all remember being new to this site and learning how to navigate it.

welcome back plumhill2001 - great cards, I will tell you when they arrive

love your cards, too AngelJoy - ​can't wait to see them in real life

CastleQueen5
04-26-2020, 12:00 PM
Donnacr, I have a NICOLE KIDMAN postage stamp that was sent to me from another swapper. It probably isn't enough to cover all the postage costs, but I would like to send it so it can get back to me canceled. I will add other money or stamps. It read 55, if I remember right.

nanvan
04-26-2020, 02:28 PM
I would love to have a Nicole Kidman stamp - I've never seen one before!

Suzi
04-27-2020, 09:17 PM
I finished my cards this afternoon, and I will get them in the mail tomorrow! I have my stamps picked out for the next series too!

Donnacr
04-30-2020, 06:16 AM
For those who want to get ahead in the series and are looking at starting their FLAG cards - I challenge you to do something a little different with them eg add them to a sheet then fold them into a skirt http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3190/small/1_img407.JPG or turn them into something else like JenUrebel did in the Altered Postage Stamp swap http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=213509&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1583185753, use them as a patchwork background, etc

Donnacr
04-30-2020, 06:44 AM
CastleQueen5 - I will take note to return Nicole to you. She was part of a 2007 release of famous Australians - our stamps now cost $1.10 for within Australia mail and $3.20 for International.
Suzi - it is taking about 6 weeks to reach me at the moment so don't panic.

jo.on.the.go - your beautiful cards have arrived and can be seen in the thumbnails
Mina Clavero Cordoba Argentina; Arches National Park, Utah; Clarion River, west central Pennsylvania; Russell Falls, Tasmania

Donnacr
04-30-2020, 06:46 AM
and the rest of jo.on.the.go's cards
Flathead River, northwestern Montana; Portland Head Lighthouse, Maine; Cape Hatteras National Seashore, North Carolina

jo.on.the.go
04-30-2020, 10:29 AM
THANK YOU DONNA for taking the time to post my cards. One of these days I will be able to post again...just don't know when.

plumhill2001
04-30-2020, 11:25 AM
Oh my gosh, jo! You are so awesome at the extend-the-scene cards!
My faves: 1.) Argentina 2.) Australia 3.) Lighthouse 4) ANY OF THEM!!!
:jiggy: :)

nanvan
04-30-2020, 01:11 PM
jo.on.the.go - I completely agree with plumhill - your cards are gorgeous! I love them all, too, but if I had to pick a favourite, it would be the last one - National Parks Centennial with the beach and driftwood. They're ALL fabulous!

Laffqueen
04-30-2020, 02:35 PM
jo.on.the.go all your cards are terrific. I hope I get one!

CastleQueen5
04-30-2020, 03:46 PM
I am not really getting into this theme. Not dropping out yet, but just dont feel it.

Betsyg
04-30-2020, 05:47 PM
I will pack these up today and get my exercise by walking to the mail box. If Donna sends the Sydney Opera House card to someone in North America, the stamp will have been around the world three times!

nanvan
04-30-2020, 05:48 PM
Your cards are wonderful, Betsyg! My fave is the Belgian stamp!

plumhill2001
04-30-2020, 09:01 PM
Those are beautiful, Betsyg! I love the New Zealand stamp! And the history of the opera house stamp is really interesting!

Suzi
05-01-2020, 12:46 AM
jo.on.the.go, I love that Argentina stamp!

Donnacr
05-01-2020, 08:52 AM
Betsyg - I will tell you when they arrive. How has that stamp been round the world 2.5 times?

Betsyg
05-01-2020, 08:59 AM
You sent it to me with returns, that is once around. I sent it back to you made into a card, that is twice. Maybe it should go to someone in Europe to really go for distance, rather than just back and forth across the Pacific.

Seascape131
05-03-2020, 09:36 AM
I would like to join your swap

jo.on.the.go
05-03-2020, 11:14 AM
Good to see you back at AFA Judy.

TurquoisePineapple
05-03-2020, 07:43 PM
My cards were posted on Friday!

jo.on.the.go
05-03-2020, 08:07 PM
How about adding a month for food and another for emotions or feelings (i.e. love, celebrate, peace)?

Haagmm
05-04-2020, 10:25 AM
I LOVE all of the cards posted on here!! Scenery / Places / Travel are some of my favorites! I'm trying to be creative and not use a map as a background since that's what I did for transport. We will see what I come up with.

We are packing and cleaning our house to get it on the market and I have got to get several sets of cards done in the next few days! But it's super worth it because the new house will have a guest / art room. :jiggy: Currently I just take over the dining table and put it all away every time we play cards or eat a meal there.

AngelJoy
05-05-2020, 01:27 AM
I finally got some global forever stamps, so my cards will go out in tomorrow's mail.

Seascape131
05-05-2020, 09:08 AM
Here are 4 ATCs for the Swap

Bishopsmate
05-05-2020, 09:55 AM
Mine are ready to post, probably tomorrow.
Warning: Backgrounds may no be related so I guess I had better explain!
Beach scene = Distress Oxides
Moon = Long way from Hot Air Balloons
Grass & Flowers = Bois de Boulogne which are fantastic gardens as well (in Paris.... so's my heart!!)
Guernsey = was French, occupied by the Germans in the war, freed and claimed by UK

UPDATE: Posted 7th May = reliant on daughter for posting.

Seascape131
05-05-2020, 09:56 AM
My Atcs for the swap have been mailed this morning...hugs and hugs to all!

nanvan
05-05-2020, 10:29 AM
Lovely cards, Seascape131 - love your backgrounds! My fave is the one with the Finland stamp with the large brown flower.

nanvan
05-05-2020, 10:30 AM
Wonderful cards, Bishopsmate - my favorite is the Grass & Flowers - very pretty!

plumhill2001
05-05-2020, 12:53 PM
Seascape-great cards! I especially like the one with the Finland stamp with the world map! :)
Bishopsmate, those are really nice! My faves are the last two! :)

Haagmm
05-06-2020, 12:26 PM
Bishopmate - all of your cards are wonderful but I really LOVE the one with the green background and red flowers! They really pop

nanvan
05-06-2020, 01:16 PM
Here are my cards. I will take them to the post office today and hope they arrive by the deadline.

plumhill2001
05-06-2020, 02:37 PM
I love these nanvan! Especially the one with the little girl. The little boy would be my second favorite! :)

Betsyg
05-06-2020, 02:54 PM
Love the Regency beau!

Laffqueen
05-06-2020, 07:59 PM
Crazy for that Finland stamp nanvan

Seascape131
05-06-2020, 08:09 PM
Have not seen Donna for awhile?

nanvan
05-06-2020, 09:40 PM
You're right, Seascape - I think her last post was on May 1st. Hope she's okay!

Donnacr
05-06-2020, 11:46 PM
Sorry for going MIA but Life happened :wacko:

Great cards being shown in the thread, I can't wait to see them in real life. Only a couple of people have not told me that they are mailing - please note the amended suggested mail date of MAY 13.

Thanks for all sticking with this series. I am happy for you to get as far ahead as you wish with sending cards to me - I have prepared all the listed swaps already.

jo.on.the.go has suggested that I add "Celebrations/emotions" to the list - would people be interested in adding this?
I know that there are quite a few 'Love' stamps issued around Valentine's Day and there are numerous Celebration stamps released at various times of the year.

nanvan
05-07-2020, 12:01 AM
Great to have you "back" Donnacr!

I'm happy to add new stamp swaps - but could you send a revised list of the upcoming swaps? (I think I'm losing track of the new ones that have been added).

Also, a question - you were talking about a "challenge" on the flag stamps - do we have to do the challenge or can we just make cards? I'm not particularly good at creating things from cut up stamps...

I was also wondering - is there a Bird Postage Stamp swap on your list? I would like to do birds - or is it part of "animals"?

Vicki Z
05-07-2020, 08:17 AM
Great to have you "back" Donnacr!

I'm happy to add new stamp swaps - but could you send a revised list of the upcoming swaps? (I think I'm losing track of the new ones that have been added).

Also, a question - you were talking about a "challenge" on the flag stamps - do we have to do the challenge or can we just make cards? I'm not particularly good at creating things from cut up stamps...

I was also wondering - is there a Bird Postage Stamp swap on your list? I would like to do birds - or is it part of "animals"?

YES.....there is a Bird Postage Stamp Swap on the list.
Donna set it up for January.
Birds had been part of the Animal swap, and I (pro-actively) created some penguin ATCs, but now that there is a separate Bird Theme, I pulled my penguin cards, and now I can make MORE STAMP ATCS........YIPPEEEEEE!!!!!!

The updated/added themes are posted on the first page, the first post of this swap, and here they are again, below:

July- Flags
August - Marine (fish, other sealife and plants)
Sept - Land animals (not cats, dogs or butterflies
Oct - Flowers/trees
Nov - Household items/food (chairs, lamps, coffee pots, clocks, jugs, etc)
Dec - Christmas

Jan '21 - Birds (land or sea eg penguins)
Feb - Music (musicians, dancers, singers, etc)
Mar - Art (artists, pictures of Art - Classical, native, retro, etc)
Apr - Sport (playing sport, sports equipment, Olympics, etc)

nanvan
05-07-2020, 09:16 AM
Thanks, VickiZ!

Haagmm
05-07-2020, 10:17 AM
I think emotions type theme sounds great! Keep them coming - I love working with postage stamps. I'm hoping to get my places/scenery and flag cards finished and in the mail this weekend. I'll update with pics and the date when I send them.

plumhill2001
05-07-2020, 10:22 AM

I was wondering the same thing, nanvan. I had a lot of difficulty with making things from cut up stamps. I would prefer to do them the ordinary way. I think it was just a suggestion. We'll see what Donna says. ;)

CastleQueen5
05-07-2020, 02:21 PM
I would do the celebrate, and love emotions postage stamps!!

Seascape131
05-07-2020, 09:20 PM
Donna I think you forgot to add me to the swap list

Haagmm
05-07-2020, 10:54 PM
This evening I dug through my stamp box and found some beautiful and unique international scenery stamps!! I'm hoping to get them done tomorrow before my oldest comes home for the weekend...then it will be time to clean out the basement :dull:

BlancoLobo
05-08-2020, 06:11 PM
Please sign me up I actually already sent my cards to you with the last set that haven't arrived yet. Still can't believe it's been 6 weeks!

CastleQueen5
05-08-2020, 09:38 PM
I am not going to do this one, but will work on the next one.

onyablue
05-08-2020, 11:24 PM
Hi, Sign me up, please!

Haagmm
05-09-2020, 07:19 PM
Here are my scenery postage stamp cards. I enjoyed making these a lot!!

nanvan
05-09-2020, 10:07 PM
Those are great, Haagmm! So clever to do them like post cards - love them all!

onyablue
05-10-2020, 06:48 PM
Is Donnacr Ok?

nanvan
05-10-2020, 07:00 PM
Is Donnacr Ok?

I think so - she posted on the 6th saying "sorry for being MIA, but life happened" - she usually posts more often, but I think she is all right. Hope so.

Donnacr
05-11-2020, 04:07 AM
Back again.
welcome to our newcomers BlancoLobo (your cards are still not overdue according to the latest dates from Australia Post - they are stating 25-30 BUSINESS days for international mail, hence the amended due date for this swap) and onyablue - nice to have a fellow Gold Coaster.

Seascape131 - sorry but I did forget to add you to the front page :embarrassed:

CastleQueen5 - sorry to see you go but I understand

beautiful cards being shown in the thread - don't forget that if you REALLY like a card please tell me so that I can pop it in your returns

for those who are worried about my Flag challenge - that is exactly what it is, a challenge. If you don't like it, make your cards any way that you feel comfortable.

nanvan - I am trying to keep a list of upcoming topics and their due months in the first post of each swap so that people can ask for stamps in advance and everyone can plan ahead.

Laffqueen
05-11-2020, 08:25 AM
I know Flags are next but I don't have any flag stamps. Castlequeen if you're listening?? I'd love to stay in but without the stamps I'llhave skip that one

Donnacr
05-11-2020, 09:04 AM
I am loading the Flag swap tonight so it should be live tomorrow morning.

Haagmm
05-11-2020, 10:58 AM
Donna- just for tracking purposes, my scenery and the flag cards went out from the post office today.

Donnacr
05-11-2020, 11:20 AM
Haagmm - thanks for telling me. I'll tell you when they arrive

onyablue
05-12-2020, 12:01 AM
Posted my scenery postage stamp cards today.

Donnacr
05-12-2020, 01:39 AM
onyablue - LOVE your cards!! Great extensions of the stamp design but I think that my favourite is the old PMG ute. I will tell you when they arrive

VickiZ - I have noted the date your Land animals were mailed. They are not due until September, did you miss the Marine swap due in August or did you tell me they were mailed and I missed it?

The Flag swap is now open - link in my signature.

nanvan
05-12-2020, 03:19 AM
Love your cards, onyablue! Remote Outpost is my favorite - the background matches so perfectly with the stamp.

Laffqueen
05-12-2020, 07:38 AM
onyablue you have mastered that technique Love your cards especially the first one

plumhill2001
05-12-2020, 09:20 AM
Posted my scenery postage stamp cards today.

The old truck is my fave, too. All great! :)

Betsyg
05-12-2020, 10:18 AM
We may have to do rock paper scissors for the truck! It is fabulous! Love them all but that truck!

Donnacr
05-17-2020, 05:52 AM
I received a small bundle of letters on Friday which contained the gorgeous cards for this swap from Laffqueen and spicecat.
A bit surprising as you haven't signed up for this swap yet spicecat ;) Do you have pictures you can show people of your cards or would you like me to scan them and show them? There will definitely be fights over your cards.

I will be suspending this series until mail works out its new 'normal'. This means that Flags will be the final theme in the current series - for anyone who has sent cards for a future theme I will keep them until we reopen the series or I can send them back if you would prefer.

jo.on.the.go
05-17-2020, 01:34 PM
Thanks for the updates, Donna.

Vicki Z
05-17-2020, 01:41 PM
VickiZ - I have noted the date your Land animals were mailed. They are not due until September, did you miss the Marine swap due in August or did you tell me they were mailed and I missed it?

Donna- just for tracking purposes, my land animals (minus the penguins, which I made early, then pulled for the bird stamp swap) went out from my post office on the 11th.
Please keep them until the series starts up again.

I just finished the marine animal cards,
No, you did NOT miss me telling you they had been mailed.
.....for some reason I thought the land animal swap was due first, which is why I sent them first, but I was wrong....OOOPS!!!!!
I will hang onto the marine animal cards until things get started up again.

Thanks for the updates.
Thanks for hanging in there!

Donnacr
05-20-2020, 03:47 AM
I received a lovely bundle of envelopes today and cards for this swap were included from: onyablue, betsyg and Turquoisepineapple.

Donnacr
05-22-2020, 04:13 AM
a good mail day today with cards for this swap from: plumhill2001 and BlancoLobo

It is looking like cards mailed in April are arriving just a little later than normal but cards mailed in March are still in the ether.

plumhill2001
05-22-2020, 11:00 AM
Yay! :jiggy:

BlancoLobo
05-23-2020, 12:12 PM
Wahoo they made it, I was really worried about them! They definitely took the scenic route!

Donnacr
05-26-2020, 09:05 PM
I received 9 envelopes yesterday with 1 for this swap from: seascape131

Suzi
05-30-2020, 01:40 AM
Looks like my cards are taking the scenic route for this swap! Hopefully they will show up one of these days!

Fandanie
05-31-2020, 01:52 PM
Sorry to have missed this one. I'll send flags this week

Donnacr
05-31-2020, 09:41 PM
Fandanie - I would love to see you in my Flag swap, don't forget to comment in that thread so that you can get Rep points
Suzi - I will tell you as soon as they arrive
Haagmm - your Flags and this swap arrived today, good luck with your move. I will hold your People returns until you give me your new address

Donnacr
06-06-2020, 11:56 PM
AngelJoy - your gorgeous cards arrived on Tuesday, sorry for the delay in acknowledging them. This means they only took just over 3 weeks to arrive - fingers crossed but it is looking like mail is getting back to normal.

If this continues I am looking to restart the series next month meaning that we have only missed 1 month in our timetable - fingers crossed!!

Donnacr
06-08-2020, 05:42 AM
I am looking at keeping them in the same order, just pushed back by a month for their due dates.

nanvan
06-14-2020, 04:32 PM
Donnacr - I see that this swap is coming due - have you received my cards yet? I mailed them May 6th...if not, how long will you wait to see if cards arrive? Are any other cards outstanding? If they don't arrive in time for you to swap, can you please remove me from the swap (to avoid a negative rating)?

Suzi
06-16-2020, 12:52 AM
nanvan, I mailed my cards on April 27, and they are still floating around the mail system too. I think I must have mailed them at a really bad time, as my cards mailed for the next installment arrived in 15 days! I am holding out hope that they will arrive in time......

nanvan
06-18-2020, 02:47 PM
DONNA

Have you received my cards yet? I mailed them May 6th...if not, can I please withdraw if they don't arrive in time for you to swap out (to avoid a negative rating)?

Donnacr
06-19-2020, 05:39 AM
I will be giving no-one a negative rating while we are still under lockdowns with unpredictable mail times.

As soon as cards are arriving I am acknowledging them. Saying that - Bishopsmate, your cards arrived today.

Donnacr
07-03-2020, 10:33 PM
nanvan - your cards arrived on Friday.

I am sorry Suzi but it looks like your cards have been swallowed by the COVID mail vortex - if/when they arrive I will make some extras and swap with you.

I will be swapping the cards today and mailing them.

For those interested in continuing the series I will be uploading the Marine thread late next week with the due date of Sept 20. Judging from the returns arriving for the People swap it looks like International mail from me has returned to 3-4 weeks for delivery.

Suzi
07-05-2020, 09:42 AM
I kind of expected, at this point that they were not going to make it. Hopefully they will show up some time or other, instead of lingering in the postal abyss.

nanvan
07-05-2020, 02:34 PM
Really sorry your cards didn't arrive, Suzi. I didn't think mine were going to make it either, but thankfully they got there just in time. It's awful to put time and creativity into making them and have them go astray.

Donnacr
07-06-2020, 07:23 AM
Suzi - I also have a set of cards for a swap in the COVID vortex, maybe my cards are partying with yours and having too much fun to go where they are supposed to?

Suzi
07-07-2020, 12:37 AM
Suzi - I also have a set of cards for a swap in the COVID vortex, maybe my cards are partying with yours and having too much fun to go where they are supposed to?

Haha! Could be! We picked the wrong time to mail those cards, for sure!

Donnacr
07-16-2020, 08:35 PM
Suzi - your gorgeous cards arrived today!! there is not a single sign on the pristine envelope to indicate where they have been partying :wacko:
I will have to bring my A-game to make cards to swap with you.

nanvan
07-23-2020, 04:07 PM
Received my returns today. Wonderful cards from great artists: LaffQueen (Thailand), Seascape 131 (Finland) and Betsyg (Belgie). Love them all - thank you ladies! and thank you Donna for hosting another great postage stamp swap! Off to leave YouRocks and ITrader.

Betsyg
07-23-2020, 06:46 PM
Wonderful returns today from jo.on.the.go, nanvan, and onyablue. Fantastic cards all! Thanks for hosting, Donna!

plumhill2001
07-25-2020, 12:23 PM
Got my Places and Scenery cards today! :)
Thanks so much, spicecat (Liverpool and Durham), jo.on.the.go. (Russell Falls, Tasmania) and Turquoise Pineapple (Blue Mountain)!
Off to give points!

Still no People cards. I think mine may have also fallen into the Covid vortex! Wah. :( :laugh:

Laffqueen
07-28-2020, 03:17 PM
Happy Dance Great cards from nanvan, jo.on.the.go and onyablue. Off to leave YouRocks

BlancoLobo
07-28-2020, 05:33 PM
Received my returns today! Will leave points soon!

jo.on.the.go
08-02-2020, 12:46 PM
I received my cards. This was a great swap, as usual, Donnacr.

And thanks to these artists whose cards I received
Laffqueen - Canada Welcomes You
Bishopsmate - Beach Scene
Betsyg - Sydney Opera House
plumhill2001 - Africa
AngelJoy - Great Outdoors with stamps from US and Australia
Turquoise Pineapple - red/yellow/blue card with US 32 cent stamps

AngelJoy
08-06-2020, 03:46 PM
I finally received my returns -- the envelope looked like it had been through a torrential downpour, but all the cards were safe and sound inside!

Thanks, Donnacr for hosting and for sending such wonderful returns from Turquoise Pineapple, jo.on.the.go, and Spicecat.

Haagmm
08-12-2020, 01:38 PM
My beautiful scenery postage stamp ATCs have arrived! Thanks to bishopmate, blanco lobo and spicecat for the works of art.

Donnacr
08-23-2020, 08:25 PM
Please remove any attachments you may have in this thread as I will be asking to archive it tonight.

Thanks so much everyone for continuing this series - I think this was the most fraught of the swaps so far but it looks like the Australian mail is getting it together just as the US mail is in trouble.