PDA

View Full Version : Postage stamp ATCs - FLOWERS/TREES Due: Nov 20

Donnacr
09-17-2020, 05:32 AM
Due date: November 20
postage for non-Australians: October 16
I live in Australia - mail will NOT reach me quickly! Mail is getting back to closer to normal but, with reduced international flights, I would still suggest you allow at least a month, if not 5 weeks.
cards: 3:3 or 6:6
participants: unlimited
media: any and all but MUST include at least 1 postage stamp with FLOWERS/TREES on it

MAILED NOVEMBER 21

I have LOTS of postage stamps and love using them on my cards so I have decided to run a monthly series of swaps using different topics on the stamps.
short of stamps? Just ask - I have lots on most topics and I am very happy to send them to you. If you need some a little quicker just PM AngelJoy - she is in the US and has lots of postage stamps to share as well.

future topics so you can plan ahead:
Dec - Christmas Jan '21 - Birds (land or sea eg penguins) Feb - Performing Arts (musicians, dancers, singers, actors, etc) Mar - Art (artists, pictures of Art - Classical, native, retro, etc) Apr - Sport (playing sport, sports equipment, Olympics, etc) May - Celebrations/emotions June - Space (astronauts, planets, spaceships - real or fictional eg Star Trek, etc) July - Household items/food (chairs, lamps, coffee pots, clocks, jugs, etc)

Please include a background for your stamp(s) - it can be an extension of the stamp design or abstract, or something in between. Plain white backgrounds will be returned unswapped.

Post to the thread to sign up.

PM me for my address when you are ready to mail - if you have an address in Robina, I am still there.

Due date:
Cards are to be in my hand by November 20. I will mail your returns as soon as possible but remember, it took up to a month to reach me so your returns may take a month or more to reach you. Please be on time so others don't have to wait.

Postage:
Australian players: please include a stamp equivalent to your postage
International players: unfortunately Australian international postage has gone up to $3.20 so I must ask for a well hidden US$2 or a Global Forever stamp

ALL players please include a LARGE address label (AT LEAST 2" x2"), I will supply envelopes. Please do NOT send those 3-in-a-row sleeves - they do not fit in my envelopes.

1. Do your best work - I plan to swap effort-for-effort as much as I can.

2. Clearly write you USERNAME and the SWAP NAME on the back of all your cards (so you can get fun Rep points) and on the back of your mailing envelope. I am running a few swaps and do not want to put you with the wrong returns.

3. Please mail early to allow time to reach Australia.

4. An extra card for the swap Host is greatly appreciated but is not required.

5. Embellishments are fine. The completed card needs to fit into a standard pocket and the embellishments need to be securely fastened so they don't fall off during shipping. If it is too bulky it is more than likely that the card will not reach me - either because the envelope has been torn and the card lost, or it is too heavy.

6. Have fun!

7. I will give iTrader feedback when I receive your cards and will also update this post showing that your cards have been received. In returns I encourage you to give iTrader Host feedback to me when you receive your swap returns, and Rep points to the artists whose cards you receive. After all, knowing where your cards went is half the fun I think.

PLAYERS:
0. donnacr
1. Haagmm - received
2. CastleQueen5 - withdrew
3. plumhill2001 - received
4. Cleopatra - received
5. Betsyg - received
6. jo.on.the.go - received
7. Suzi - received
8. AngelJoy - received
9. Fandanie - received
10. Elliejaybird - received
11. BlancoLobo - received
12. Seascape131 - received
13. EatSleepWriteABook - received
14. artbymee - received
15. carolynsn - received
16. Reinikka - received
17. ScrapPea - received

Betsyg
09-17-2020, 09:34 AM
I’m in!

plumhill2001
09-17-2020, 09:49 AM
Signing in! Mine were mailed in on 8/24. ;)

jo.on.the.go
09-17-2020, 11:11 AM
Please sign me up. I will be mailing my cards today.

218188 Echinocactus horizonthalonius (Devil's head, Turk's head, blue barrel, and eagle's claw are some of the common names)

218189 Echinocactus coccineus (Scarlet hedgehog)

218190 Echinocereus dasyanthus (Spiny hedgehog)

218191 Echinocereus poselgeri (Dahlia hedgehog)

I really had to do some hunting to find out the names of these cacti!

jo.on.the.go
09-17-2020, 11:16 AM
And the rest...

218192 Optunia engelmanni

218193 Parodia scopa

218194 Thelocactus heterochramus

I did one more cactus card and some waterlilies as well, but those are just going to go into the regular Available for Trade gallery. I was rather carried away making these plant cards, but decided to limit my swap cards to just cacti.

Suzi
09-17-2020, 11:50 AM
Please sign me up!

plumhill2001
09-17-2020, 01:18 PM
Here are my cards, which were sent a while back. :)

Donnacr
09-17-2020, 06:32 PM
welcome back to Betsyg, jo.on.the.go and Suzi

jo.on.the.go - I LOVE your cactus cards, some of the common names are quite funny
plumhill - love the background paper you used for your cards, it really sets the stamps off, doesn't it?
Mailing dates for both of you have been noted and I will tell you when they arrive

AngelJoy
09-17-2020, 07:23 PM
Me, please.

Cleopatra
09-17-2020, 07:30 PM
To get a jump on the mail I completed my cards and sent them out last week. I am really enjoying playing with postage stamps!

Donnacr
09-18-2020, 06:26 AM
welcome AngelJoy

thanks for showing your cards Cleopatra - I will tell you when they arrive

Betsyg
09-18-2020, 06:31 PM
These are ready to be mailed. I will probably get them out tomorrow, unless I need to hide out in the basement from the smell of the oven cleaning itself the rest of the evening. In which case, I will do it today.

Haagmm
09-18-2020, 10:43 PM
Posting so I can follow.

Everything posted so far is lovely. I will give a super kudos to Cleopatra for the one with the mountain background. I love the theme and I love the mountain. Also Plumhill2001 - I have only seen one other triangle stamp - your is fantastic!!

Donnacr
09-20-2020, 07:54 AM
betsyg - love your cards and my husband has had our oven cleaning itself today, too so I understand your wish to hide in the basement.

I don't think that I have mentioned in the last couple of swaps that I am very happy for people to tell me which stamps they really like and would want in their returns - I do my best to accommodate these requests (it generally makes my life easier to know that you are happy with returns) but some cards are popular so don't expect to get everything you ask for.

Fandanie
09-20-2020, 11:44 AM
Joining this swap. Mailed my cards on Friday.

Elliejaybird
09-20-2020, 02:50 PM
Sign me up! This sounds fun.

Donnacr
09-22-2020, 07:41 PM
welcome to Fandanie and Elliejaybird​ - I will tell you both when your cards arrive.

Elliejaybird - I have sent you my address

Donnacr
09-22-2020, 07:48 PM
welcome to Fandanie and Elliejaybird - I will tell you both when your cards arrive.

Elliejaybird - I have sent you my address

Suzi
09-23-2020, 04:59 PM
I just finished my cards. They will go in the mail tomorrow morning.

Betsyg
09-23-2020, 05:19 PM
Pretty!

Donnacr
09-25-2020, 05:29 AM
Suzi - thanks for showing us, I love how you have the stamp's flower repeated in your backgrounds. I'll tell you when they arrive

Seascape131
09-26-2020, 08:34 AM
Hi Donna...I would like to join the swap and my Atcs have been mailed today.

Seascape131
09-26-2020, 09:01 AM
Here are 4 ATCs for the Swap

plumhill2001
09-26-2020, 09:32 AM
Here are 4 ATCs for the Swap

Those are really pretty, Seascape! My favorite would be the second one with the "whimsical" flowers and 2 stamps. ;)

Seascape131
09-26-2020, 11:54 AM
Thank you plumhill2001...what you have at the bottom of your post, was a verse that I really need today. Hugs

plumhill2001
09-26-2020, 04:00 PM
Thank you plumhill2001...what you have at the bottom of your post, was a verse that I really need today. Hugs

That's one I need a lot, too! Hugs to you!

Donnacr
09-26-2020, 10:41 PM
welcome seascape131 - your cards are gorgeous! I love the watercolour backgrounds to 3 of them - beautiful colours. I will tell you when they arrive

in my wonderful swap of letters I received on Friday were 2 sets for this swap: plumhill2001 and BlancoLobo

BlancoLobo - you haven't made a post in this thread yet. Don't forget to do so or you won't be able to get Rep points.

Suzi
09-27-2020, 12:20 AM
Seascape131, your cards are lovely! I particularly love the first one, with the flower/bee stamp!

EatSleepWriteABook
09-27-2020, 12:35 AM
Hello from Canada! I would like to participate. Thank you!

EatSleepWriteABook
09-27-2020, 12:37 AM
Lovely! Your cards have inspired me.

EatSleepWriteABook
09-27-2020, 12:38 AM
Wow! Gorgeous!

plumhill2001
09-27-2020, 10:55 AM
Really excited to know that batch of cards made it! :jiggy:

artbymee
09-27-2020, 04:46 PM
Sign me up please. My cards are ready and they are posted below.

carolynsn
09-28-2020, 09:27 AM
I would love to join this swap. Already finished one. Can you please PM me your address?

Thank you for hosing this!

AngelJoy
09-28-2020, 05:39 PM
Mine are done. I will send them out in tomorrow's mail. (they won't be in the album page, I just did that to keep them straight for the scan! :D )

CastleQueen5
09-28-2020, 08:48 PM
So here is the deal, here is why I have dropping out of these postage stamp swaps, for the last few months. For some time now I have been dealing with medical issues. Finally after tests, several cat scans and biopsies, other medical stuff.

I started Chemo tomorrow at 9 am for Ovarian cancer that has spread. Prognosis is good. If you are the praying type. I am wanted others to pray, that chemo will target the cancer areas, not damage my organs and not cause neuropathy in my hands and feet.

I know there is much more I could say, but I hope that is enough for now.

EatSleepWriteABook
09-29-2020, 12:01 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this news, @CastleQueen5. I'm praying for you and wishing you the best.
xoxo

plumhill2001
09-29-2020, 08:35 AM
So here is the deal, here is why I have dropping out of these postage stamp swaps, for the last few months. For some time now I have been dealing with medical issues. Finally after tests, several cat scans and biopsies, other medical stuff.

I started Chemo tomorrow at 9 am for Ovarian cancer that has spread. Prognosis is good. If you are the praying type. I am wanted others to pray, that chemo will target the cancer areas, not damage my organs and not cause neuropathy in my hands and feet.

You have my prayers, CQ!

carolynsn
09-29-2020, 09:40 AM

Keeping you in my prayers CastleQueen. Best of luck with your treatment.

BlancoLobo
09-29-2020, 04:36 PM
Thanks for reminding me about posting to the swap! I want to play! Odd that you didn't get my cards for OCTOBER as I sent them on the same day!

EatSleepWriteABook
09-30-2020, 10:14 AM
My cards are in the mail today. Thanks! Can't wait to see what comes in return!

Suzi
09-30-2020, 10:17 AM
Sign me up please. My cards are ready and they are posted below.

I love your little houses, artbymee! I remember the that old stamp too!

plumhill2001
09-30-2020, 11:35 AM
Donnacr, I'm mailing my Christmas ATCs today. Should be enough time, eh? Thanks! :)

carolynsn
10-01-2020, 10:39 AM
I don't know if I'm doing this right, but here are my cards for the swap. I had a lot of fun with it!

plumhill2001
10-01-2020, 10:45 AM
I don't know if I'm doing this right, but here are my cards for the swap. I had a lot of fun with it!

They look great! :)

Reinikka
10-01-2020, 05:47 PM
May I please join? I just finished crafting mine and I'll post pictures later :)

EatSleepWriteABook
10-02-2020, 11:02 AM
Hi! I've mailed my ATCs to you but I notice I'm not on the players list above. My cards are on their way. Thanks!

carolynsn
10-02-2020, 02:27 PM
They look great! :)

Thanks plumhill!

Reinikka
10-02-2020, 05:38 PM
Here are mine :)

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/45925/small/1_PlantKindnessOct2020.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/45925/small/1_HoldTightOct2020.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/45925/small/1_Play_Oct2020.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/45925/small/1_ScenicRouteOct2020.jpg

Donnacr
10-02-2020, 08:23 PM
So sorry for having been MIA for the last week but my husband and I have been helping my daughter resettle herself and 2 kids away from her philandering husband. They have been together since she was 16 and she is now 36 so she is finding it very hard emotionally and he is dragging his heels at every opportunity - custody, finances, etc.

Enough of my rant, sorry.

Welcome to all our new players - and for those of you who are also new to this site, please feel free to ask questions in this thread or send me a PM. There is no such thing as a silly question - I remember having pieces of paper with notes everywhere when I first started on this site.
Some absolutely GORGEOUS creations being shown in the thread - stamps for this topic are great inspiration, aren't they? I will tell people when their cards arrive.

Donnacr
10-02-2020, 08:28 PM
Don't forget - the suggested mail-by date is October 16.
That may seem very early for a November due date but there are many fewer flights into Australia at the moment and our mail is only being delivered every 2nd day as they don't have enough personnel to deliver all the packages from the online shopping many states have been forced to rely on.

plumhill2001
10-03-2020, 11:04 AM
So sorry to hear about the problems your daughter is having.
Hard stuff.
Take all the time you need. :wubclub:

Donnacr
10-04-2020, 04:27 AM
thanks plumhill2001 (PS your Marine cards arrived on Friday, with seascape's)

Friday was another bonanza mail day with cards from Cleopatra for this swap

plumhill2001
10-04-2020, 02:15 PM
thanks plumhill2001 (PS your Marine cards arrived on Friday, with seascape's)

Friday was another bonanza mail day with cards from Cleopatra for this swap

Aha! So will we just get each other's cards? I'm sure you have a plan and I'm all for it, whatever it is, lol. :jiggy:

Cleopatra
10-04-2020, 03:04 PM
Thanks for letting us know when our cards arrive. It's a long hop to you from here! And so sorry to hear about your daughter's problems. What is it with some (notice I said "some") men?

Cleopatra
10-04-2020, 03:07 PM

CastleQueen I am so sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I am the praying type and know that you will be in my prayers daily. Keep us posted on how you are doing.

Haagmm
10-05-2020, 11:45 AM
I'll be praying for you CQ5. Do keep us posted.

Haagmm
10-05-2020, 11:47 AM
I chose all blue flowers for this set. Special thanks to Germany, Australia and Poland for having such great blue flowers on postage stamps!! I intend to get these and the holiday set out in the mail in the next couple of days. I'll post again when I get them out.

jo.on.the.go
10-05-2020, 04:00 PM
CQ5 - I hope you are feeling okay. I'm thinking of you.

Reinikka
10-05-2020, 09:07 PM
I chose all blue flowers for this set. Special thanks to Germany, Australia and Poland for having such great blue flowers on postage stamps!! I intend to get these and the holiday set out in the mail in the next couple of days. I'll post again when I get them out.

Those are lovely flowers! I'm particularly drawn to the last two cards, I think it might be the purple (or is that blue?) catching my eye :) I think the third one is my favorite though :D

EatSleepWriteABook
10-06-2020, 12:29 PM
@Carolynsn your cards are so lovely!

EatSleepWriteABook
10-06-2020, 12:30 PM
@Haagmm, very nice!

Donnacr
10-08-2020, 02:40 AM
More gorgeous creations being shown.

jo.on.the.go - your gorgeous creations have arrived. I LOVE the set of reptile stamps you used on the envelope.

In Australia we can't use domestic stamps on international mail as, even though their face value is the same, there is no GST (tax) included on one and so they cost the Post Office more. :wacko:

jo.on.the.go
10-08-2020, 08:04 AM
I'm so happy that my cards arrived. I enjoy using a variety of stamps on envelopes. The reptile stamps that you referred to were found stashed in a stationary box, placed there long ago. I'm sure that the PO loves the way that they are forced to add up the odd denominations for my eclectic assortment of stamps!

Fandanie
10-08-2020, 05:48 PM
Have my flowers arrived?

Donnacr
10-08-2020, 09:21 PM
Fandanie - I will tell you as soon as your cards arrived. Another way to check is to see if they have turned green on the first post

Having said that - my husband and I will be away for Monday to Friday of next week. The mail is being kept for us so I will tell you as soon as we get back.

EatSleepWriteABook
10-09-2020, 02:56 PM
@Reinikka - wow so nice! I feel like I need to re-do mine...they're so plain in comparison. I love yours.

Reinikka
10-09-2020, 03:34 PM
Thank you :cute: I've been making ATCs for some years now but I still feel like there is so much to learn! And so much variety of styles :D

I'd love to see yours but I haven't found them in this thread, do you have pictures? :)

Donnacr
10-10-2020, 12:58 AM
Fandanie - your cards arrived on Friday

PLEASE NOTE - I have changed the topic of the February swap from 'Music' to "Performing arts" - you now have a chance to include all those stamps with famous actors on them, too

EatSleepWriteABook
10-11-2020, 11:20 PM
@Reinikka I did not take photos of mine before I sent them off. I didn't think of that. I have been taking photos of the cards in other swaps now that I know better.

ScrapPea
10-15-2020, 12:20 PM
I cannot believe I have been sitting on my cards since...well, since a while. I'd like to sign up. :) Donna, please PM'd your address and I'll get these in the mail tomorrow, which is Oct 16 deadline for US players. *universal forehead Duh slap*

ScrapPea
10-16-2020, 07:03 PM
Donna, I sent you a PM requesting your address, but I'm not sure it went thru. I re-sent today. Please post here if you still do not have the message.

Donnacr
10-18-2020, 02:12 AM
ScrapPea - welcome back! I only received one request for my address from you and sent you the answer yesterday. I will sign you up to this swap and look forward to seeing you in others.

Donnacr
10-18-2020, 02:19 AM
As ScrapPea pointed out my suggested mail by date was October 16 - as of today I only have 5 players from whom I do not have cards and that have not told me that they have mailed yet.

Australia Post is still very random in their deliveries so I would highly recommend that you get your cards in the mail ASAP.

Donnacr
10-18-2020, 04:08 AM
So sorry betsyg - your gorgeous cards were on my desk but covered with other swaps.

Betsyg
10-18-2020, 11:09 AM
Yay! I hadn’t started to worry yet.

ScrapPea
10-22-2020, 01:35 PM
My cards are on their way. Because of how they’re packaged, it’s coming to you, Donna, as a Fir$t Cla$$ package.

ScrapPea
10-22-2020, 01:54 PM
I hope this image comes thru okay; it’s the first time posting pics from my phone. These are my contributions, with a related but unique one for our host. However, as the swap host, she has final choice with a card to keep.

The story behind the stamps is attached. Summary: The first friend I met in college, Cheryl, passed away in January. Her sister gifted me Cheryl’s stamp collection. As an artist herself, she’d love her stamps breathing art and joy to others.

Reinikka
10-22-2020, 04:11 PM
Those are beautiful ScrapPea! And the story makes them even more so... Just lovely :cute:

ScrapPea
10-24-2020, 01:47 AM
Okay, I was going to make individual comments on people's cards, but everyone's contribution are delight-full. It's a treasure to receive any of these.

Donnacr
10-27-2020, 07:39 AM
ScrapPea - what a lovely way to remember a friend.

a treasure trove of cards have arrived from: Elliejaybird, seascape131 and Reinikka

ScrapPea
10-30-2020, 11:20 PM
Thanks, @donnacr. Sister Tina wanted to get rid of them, having to go through so much stuff already. I was thrilled she said I could have them. Cheryl would be tickled purple knowing you all adore them. Makes me happy, too.

Donnacr
11-06-2020, 09:51 PM
I have had an avalanche of mail for this swap over the past 2 days from: Suzi, artbymee, ScrapPea, carolynsn, AngelJoy and EatSleepWriteaBook

now to get on and give you all iTrader, just waiting on Haagmm's cards and I will swap

Haagmm
11-09-2020, 05:42 PM
I mailed mine just a couple weeks ago (I think the day before Halloween)… but I know it was past the recommended mail by date. If you're only waiting on mine please feel free to go ahead and swap them out. I doubt that they'll make it by the 20th. (I was hoping that I wasn't the only participant that was behind)

** edited - I mailed them on Halloween **

Haagmm
11-09-2020, 05:47 PM
My cards are on their way. Because of how they’re packaged, it’s coming to you, Donna, as a Fir$t Cla$$ package.

I'm just curious ScrapPea - how did you package them? And how much did it cost? It looks like they arrived within 2 weeks so I'm anxious to hear how you did it. I mailed mine past the recommended US mailing date and asked how much it would be to assure that they arrived within 3 weeks. The person said yes but it would cost almost $100.

Donnacr
11-10-2020, 02:08 AM
I have asked at the Post Office for speedy mail from Australia but have been told that what I pay for in Australia does not affect its rate in any other country - so, basically, paying to hurry your mail internationally is not worth it.

I don't know about other countries but Australia Post has put out its Christmas delivery times and has ramped up deliveries for the extra mail they expect with the season. This may be why ScrapPea's arrived so fast, but they are also prioritising parcels as so many people are currently shopping online.

Donnacr
11-20-2020, 08:34 PM
Today was a very good mail day as I received Suzi's Land Animals (thought to be lost in the Covid vortex) and Haagmm's cards for this swap - right on the due date!
I will be swapping shortly and the returns will be in the mail tonight.