PDA

View Full Version : Postage stamp APCs - Ace/Domestic Cats Due date: Jan 17

Donnacr
11-08-2022, 10:56 PM
Due date: January 17, 2023
postage for non-Australians: December 13
I live in Australia - mail will NOT reach me quickly! I suggest you allow at least 4 weeks.
cards: all 4 suits of Aces
participants: unlimited
media: any and all but MUST include at least 1 postage stamp with a DOMESTIC CAT (no lions or tigers, etc) on it. Please make sure that you leave the top left corner visible (denomination and suit)

MAILED JANUARY 14

I have LOTS of postage stamps and love using them on my cards so I have decided to run a monthly series of swaps using different topics on the stamps.
short of stamps? Just ask - I have lots on most topics and I am happy to send them to you. If you need some quicker just ask in the thread - someone local may be able to help you, CynthiaSillitoe has said that she is happy to help those who need stamps.

future topics so you can plan ahead:
February - King/Butterflies March - Queen/Heads (stamps that just show a head - even better a head of state eg King/Queen/President/etc) April - Jack/Tails May - 10s/Dogs June - 9s/Dinosaurs July - 8s/Flowers and trees August - 7s/Transport September - 6s/Land animals October - 5s/Birds November - 4s/Places or scenery (including Space) December - 3s/Christmas January '24 - 2s/People (lifelike or cartoon) February - Jokers/Marine

Please include a background for your stamp(s) - it can be an extension of the stamp design or abstract, or something in between. Please make sure that you leave the top left corner visible (denomination and suit). Plain card backgrounds will be returned unswapped.

Post to the thread to sign up or you can't get Rep points.

PM me for my address when you are ready to mail - if you have an address in Robina, I am still there.

Due date:
Cards are to be in my hand by January 17. I will mail your returns as soon as possible but remember, it took up to a month to reach me so your returns may take a month or more to reach you. Please be on time so others don't have to wait.

Postage:
Australian players: please include a $1.20 stamp
International players: unfortunately Australian international postage is still going up so I must ask for a well hidden US$2 OR a Global Forever stamp.

ALL players please include a LARGE address label (AT LEAST 2" x2"), I will supply envelopes. Please do NOT send those 3-in-a-row sleeves - they do not fit in my envelopes.

1. Do your best work - I plan to swap effort-for-effort as much as I can.

2. Clearly write your USERNAME and the SWAP NAME on the back of all your cards (so you can get fun Rep points) and on the back of your mailing envelope. I am running a few swaps and do not want to put you with the wrong returns.

3. Please mail early to allow time to reach Australia.
4. An extra card for the swap Host is greatly appreciated but is not required.
5. Embellishments are fine. The completed card needs to fit into a standard pocket and the embellishments need to be securely fastened so they don't fall off during shipping. If it is too bulky it is more than likely that the card will not reach me - either because the envelope has been torn and the card lost, or it is too heavy.

6. I will give iTrader feedback when I receive your cards and will also update this post showing that your cards have been received. In return I encourage you to give iTrader Host feedback to me when you receive your swap returns, and Rep points to the artist whose cards you receive. After all, knowing where your cards went is half the fun I think.

PLAYERS:
0. donnacr - returned
1. dithespy - received
2. jo.on.the.go - withdrew
3. Elliejaybird - received
4. fundygirl - received
5. CynthiaSillitoe - received
6. haagmm - received
7. catladybj - received

fundygirl
11-09-2022, 12:08 AM
I'm going to lurk on this for a short bit while I got through my stamps to see if I will be able to come up with enough for each theme (it gives me heartache to imagine not completing the series if I start it. . . ) I appreciate you listing the future themes for me to have time to prepare. :)

Elliejaybird
11-09-2022, 09:24 AM
Lurking too. I love postage stamp nonsense and have been wanting to get in on the beginning of an APC swap

CynthiaSillitoe
11-09-2022, 12:27 PM
Lurking. I think I can have cards in the mail by then.

Donnacr
11-09-2022, 07:00 PM
welcome to all the lurkers - enjoy the purring bundles of joy wandering round this swap. I hope you come back to join us.

fundygirl - if you find that you are deficient in any of the stamps needed please feel free to ask for me to send some to you or, if they are one of the first few topics, put a plea in the thread - other people may have lots of those.

dithespy
11-10-2022, 10:09 AM
I've got loads of stamps too. Sign me up, please Donnacr.

CynthiaSillitoe
11-10-2022, 03:27 PM
I have enough cat stamps for me and some to share and I just broke down and ordered a couple more packs. (Buying postage stamps for art is one of my compulsions.) So, if people want to play, but they need a few more cats, PM me. I'm happy to send internationally, too, though they might not get there until later rounds. In other words, I have cats, free to good homes.

Donnacr
11-10-2022, 09:14 PM
welcome dithespy.

CynthiaSillitoe - does that mean that you would like to sign up?

jo.on.the.go
11-11-2022, 08:35 PM
Sign me up - I now have a source of cats!

Donnacr
11-12-2022, 07:59 AM
welcome jo.on.the.go

Elliejaybird
11-13-2022, 11:34 AM
I also have a cat source so you can sign me out up as well. Just waiting to receive them

catladybj
11-13-2022, 08:48 PM
Love all the purring!!! One of my favorite sounds!
To clarify - this is not a 4 suit swap, yes or no?
I did notice - 3:3.or 6:6.

Donnacr
11-14-2022, 11:11 AM
good catch, thanks catladybj.

It is indeed a 4 suit swap - you need to make cards on Aces for Spades, Diamonds, Clubs and Hearts. I have now amended the opening post.

dithespy
11-16-2022, 06:11 AM
My cards are ready for mailing

236322 236323
236324 236325

nanvan
11-16-2022, 11:05 AM
Lurking...

fundygirl
11-17-2022, 12:58 AM
Okay, I've taken inventory of my stamps and I think I can comfortably commit to joining this deck. Please sign me up! :)

Donnacr
11-17-2022, 07:34 AM
so sorry elliejaybird - I forgot to welcome you to the swap, also a warm, purry welcome to fundygirl, very glad that you can join us.

hope you can join us nanner, meanwhile enjoy the cuddling bundles of fur on the lurking couch

dithespy - that was very quick work. I love your cards - great inspiration

Haagmm
11-17-2022, 03:14 PM
I'm lurking while I check my stash. I can't turn down a postage stamp APC...so lurking is probably silly but it's my official status for today.

Cynthiasillitoe - do you buy from ebay or do you have a special source?

Donnacr
11-19-2022, 09:48 AM
haagmm - I know that you just want to check out the kitties visiting the lurkers' couch ;) I hope to see you back soon

Elliejaybird
11-21-2022, 10:04 AM
Cards heading your way236397236398236400236399

Donnacr
12-02-2022, 06:17 AM
Elliejaybird - those cards look great. I will tell you when they arrive

CynthiaSillitoe
12-02-2022, 05:33 PM
Thanks for posting the planned themes. I'm hoping I'll have sessions where I can play ahead. Meanwhile I'll start on my aces tomorrow.

CynthiaSillitoe
12-02-2022, 05:44 PM
Also, my offer to help with stamps helps if people find themselves stumped or you just need good karma points or to perform a mitzvah....both getting postage stamps out of this house and giving me the excuse to buy more. (Well, I'm not sure where I put the dinosaurs...perhaps the ones I had are now extinct? Either way, don't worry, i have dinosaurs coming....)

Donnacr
12-04-2022, 09:36 AM
CynthiaSillitoe - thanks so much for the offer to help people with stamp supplies, can I add you to the opening post?

Australia Post has just put out a new issue with Australian dinosaurs on it - hope they didn't eat your old ones. ;)

CynthiaSillitoe
12-06-2022, 12:36 PM
Yes, feel free to add me.

catladybj
12-07-2022, 03:22 AM
Lurking at the moment. I have my stamps I have my backgrounds cut out. I have my cards. And I'm getting over covid! STUPID covid!!! And yes I had all my shots!

jo.on.the.go
12-07-2022, 03:08 PM
Sorry, but I am afraid that I'll have to drop out. My Aces and cat stamps have mysteriously disappeared and I can't find them anywhere. I have looked in all of my obvious stash places: boxes labeled Swaps in progress, card making supplies, and blanks, and in the end storage places in my binders for Swaps and ATCs. From experience I know that such things mysteriously appear just as when they mysteriously disappear. The problem is that they may not appear fast enough.

Donnacr
12-09-2022, 02:55 AM
so sorry to see you go - jo.on.the.go. I know how you feel.
I am trying to organise Christmas before I leave home (in a matter of days) to join family in Melbourne - every time I think that I am organised another present disappears. As I have made a lot of presents I grudgingly unpack all my supplies again and after I have made a start on the new present, the original reappears. :arghh:

catladybj - I hope that you are feeling better every day and recovering your energy and mojo. If you manage to get your cards completed I would love to add you to our list.

CynthiaSillitoe
12-11-2022, 07:04 PM
Donna, I was going to make 3 presents and only one worked. I had to do some last minute shopping, which I hate.

My aces are done. I'll scan them this evening and mail them tomorrow with a plea to travel quickly in spite of the holidays....

Donnacr
12-11-2022, 08:52 PM
CynthiaSillitoe - the mail I am receiving at the moment is only taking 2-2.5 weeks to arrive from the US so fingers crossed that this continues.

I am loading the next in this series today so keep an eye out for Kings/Butterflies, due in February.

CynthiaSillitoe
12-12-2022, 12:56 AM
Ok, great. I've been gathering stamps and hope to work ahead. I also hope the post office doesn't totally obliterate the mailing stamps, which they have been doing lately. It's just wrong.

Here they are:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7318/small/1_exploreace.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7318/small/1_loveace.jpg
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7318/small/1_topurrfeline.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7318/small/1_sunshine.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/7318/small/1_nopostage.jpg

Donnacr
12-12-2022, 01:10 AM
I agree - especially when you can see that it was a gorgeous/different stamp under all the ink.

For anyone who has not yet mailed - I recommend that tomorrow (December 13) is the date you should be aiming to get your cards in the mail.

catladybj
12-14-2022, 01:57 AM
I'm going to be lining up stamps. I have a question about" April - Jack/Tails", well, more asking you to clarify. I don't remember seeing any stamps that had just tails on them!

Donnacr
12-14-2022, 02:50 AM
They don't have to be JUST the tail but the tail needs to be in the fore front/ obvious.
Have a look at the Postage stamp ATCs - Tails (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?38177-Postage-stamp-ATCs-TAILS-Due-October-20/page3&highlight=postage+stamp+tails) swap - not all of the tail cards are still visible but there are enough to give you some ideas, and some of the discussions after cards were shown gives you more ideas. (click on the swap title to take you straight there)

Donnacr
12-14-2022, 06:17 AM
Elliejaybird - yours are the first cards to arrive, congratulations

fundygirl
12-16-2022, 01:29 PM
Okay, I know I am risking it, but I just sent out my cards this morning. Hopefully they have plenty of time to get to you.

Donnacr
12-17-2022, 07:06 AM
I am currently 2 states away from my letterbox (celebrating Christmas with the extended family) but will be back before the New Year and will pick up my mail then. It seems to be quite quick at the moment so you should be ok.

catladybj
12-19-2022, 12:02 PM
My cards were mailed the 14th.
In my gallery:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=584585
Finally found a compression program that works well, but can't change the name on the file! Oh Well, can't have everything!!!

catladybj
12-19-2022, 12:07 PM
Will check out that swap, Donna, re: Tails.
Thanks!
Enjoy your family time!!!

Donnacr
12-20-2022, 03:02 AM
catladybj - your cards look great. They may beat me home ;)

Haagmm
12-22-2022, 12:18 AM
I mailed my cards last Thursday (12/15). I am keeping my fingers crossed that the mail delivery times remain speedy.

Donnacr
12-23-2022, 04:14 AM
Haagmm - your cards look great. I will keep my fingers and toes crossed for you

Haagmm
12-26-2022, 12:13 PM
I had to look through all of my postage stamps to find 4 cats. But of course, last Friday I received a postcard from Germany with 2 of the most adorable domestic cat postage stamps. Oh Well!

CynthiaSillitoe
12-28-2022, 08:40 PM
As I sort through things in the studio, I've been setting aside stamps for future months of this swap.

In other words, it's Donna's fault that there's a pile of heads on my art desk. :jiggy:

jezebelle
12-28-2022, 09:49 PM
CynthiaSillitoe thatís the second time youíve made me laugh out loud today!

CynthiaSillitoe
12-29-2022, 09:11 PM
CynthiaSillitoe that’s the second time you’ve made me laugh out loud today!

Yay!!!

Donnacr
01-04-2023, 08:06 AM
I had a wonderful collection of kitties come to visit today from: dithespy, fundygirl, haagmm and CynthiaSillitoe.

I had better get to making mine.

catladybj - yours shouldn't be too far away as you mailed about the same time as haagmm

jezebelle - did I miss you signing up to this swap or are you just enjoying the banter?

Haagmm
01-04-2023, 10:45 AM
Whew! I am happy that they arrived quickly.

jezebelle
01-04-2023, 11:59 AM
jezebelle - did I miss you signing up to this swap or are you just enjoying the banter?

You didn’t miss anything. CyntthiaSillitoe’s humor drew me in for a visit.
;)

Donnacr
01-09-2023, 08:42 AM
catladybj - still no sign of your cards but there is still a week before due date

catladybj
01-12-2023, 12:38 PM
So irritating! I mailed my cards the day before Haagmm did and hers took no time and mine is still out there floating in the breeze! Sigh.

Donnacr
01-13-2023, 05:12 AM
catladybj - your cards arrived today so I will be swapping tonight and mailing tomorrow.

my cards:
237300 237301 237302 237303

catladybj
01-16-2023, 03:05 PM
Yee Haw!!!

CynthiaSillitoe
01-28-2023, 03:06 PM
As Daniel Striped-Tiger would say, "Meow!" Thanks to Donna for hosting and also for a card and my other card thanks go to dithespy, Fundygirl, and Elliejaybird.