PDA

View Full Version : G-4, Continuing Adventures of Eight Fuzzy Felters (last mail date 3/09)

Pages : [1] 2 3

vwozniak
06-26-2008, 07:15 AM
This is a continuation of the Fuzzy Felters group which includes all 7 of the original Fuzzy Girls! The rules remain the same. The first mail date will be September 1, 2008. Members and their themes are:

Monarch 8"x8" Under the Sea or relating to the sea
Goatgoddess 8x8 Gardens
Susietex 8"x8" The Sky' sunset/sunrise, city skyline, stars/planets, clouds 8x8"
Pippin 8"x6" Trees (portrait orientation)
Vwozniak 8"x8" Funky Birds
Jackie R 8"x8" Monet
NewYork Junkie 8"x8' Houses
Jetleg 8/x8 Mountain Scenics

September 1, 2008
Monarch sends to Jetleg received
Goatgoddess sends to Monarch received
Susie sends to Goatgoddess received
Pippin sends to Susie mailed
vwozniak sends to Pippin received
JackieR sends to vwozniak received
NYJunkie sends to JackieR received
Jetleg sends to NYJunkie received

October 1, 2008
Monarch sends to NYJunkie received
Goatgoddess sends to Jetleg received
Susie sends to Monarch
Pippin sends to Goatgoddess received
vwozniak sends to Susie received
Jackie R sends to Pippin received
NYJunkie sends to vwozniak received
Jetleg send to Jackier received

November 1, 2008
Monarch sends to JackieR
Goatgoddess sends to NYJunkie received
Susie sends to Jetleg
Pippin sends to Monarch
vwozniak sends to Goatgoddess received
JackieR sends to Susie mailed
NYJunkie sends to Pippin received
Jetleg sends to vwozniak received

December 1, 2008
Monarch sends to vwozniak
Goatgoddess sends to JackieR received
Susie sends to NYJunkie
Pippin sends to Jetleg
vwozniak sends to Monarch received
JackieR sends to Goatgoddess received
NYJunkie sends to Susie
Jetleg sends to Pippin

January 1 2009
Monarch sends to Pippin
Goatgoddess sends to vwozniak
Susie sends to Jackie R
Pippin sends to NYJunkie
vwozniak sends to Jetleg
JackieR sends to Monarch
NYJunkie sends to Goatgoddess
Jetleg sends to Susie

February 1, 2009
Monarch sends to Susie
Goatgoddess sends to Pippin
Susie sends to Vwozniak
Pippin sends to JackieR
vwozniak sends to NYJunkie
JackieR sends to Jetleg
NYJunkie sends to Monarch
Jetleg sends to Goatgoddess

March 1 2009
Monarch sends to Goatgoddess
Goatgoddesss sends to Susie
Susie sends to Pippin
Pippin sends to vwozniak
vwozniak sends to JackieR
JackieR sends to NYJunkie
NYJunkie sends to Jetleg
Jetleg sends to Monarch

goatgoddess
06-26-2008, 10:28 AM
how very cool - our new home :)

will have to think up a theme - I'll be back :cool:

Pippin
06-26-2008, 01:15 PM
Here I am!! Must decide on theme and size!

NYJunkie
06-26-2008, 02:02 PM
Oh -- It's so good to be back together for another round.

I'd like my theme to be 8x8 and Houses.

Val, thanks so much for being Great Leader in the 'Continuing Adventures of 7 Fuzzy Felters'.

susietex
06-26-2008, 04:20 PM
Hello ladies, nice new digs, of course I'll still be hanging around in the old one for a while!!!
I'll be back when I've decided on a theme.

vwozniak
06-30-2008, 08:44 PM
Sorry it took me so long to get the schedule re-done. I think it is workable but check it out and tell me if you see any problems.
I am leaving Friday for Arrowmont School of Arts and Crafts in Gatlinburg, Tennessee. I will be taking two weeks of classes in drawing and drawing with the sewing machine. I am so excited!!! So, it has been a bit hectic in my house. I don't know how available computers will be but will stay in touch when I can.

goatgoddess
06-30-2008, 09:39 PM
Val how fun! take pics and tell us all about it when you get back!

vwozniak
06-30-2008, 10:04 PM
You know I will!! THe camera is ready to roll, and so am I.

susietex
07-01-2008, 04:22 AM
Val, I'm green with envy, hope you have a fantastic time.

NYJunkie
07-01-2008, 04:25 PM
Oh, Val...you're going to learn some great new things and will meet some terrific fiber artists. Have a great time.

Pippin
07-01-2008, 06:45 PM
Wow Val, I am so jealous!!! Two whole weeks! have a great time and we will expect pictures of your accomplishments!!

jetleg
07-02-2008, 12:25 PM
Wow, I am here. Thank you for including me in the group...I feel special. I would like to have "mountain scenics" and size 8x8 for my pages. Does that work for everyone?

jetleg
07-02-2008, 12:26 PM
I can't wait to hear about your school, what a wonderful opportunity.

goatgoddess
07-02-2008, 12:55 PM
oh jetleg I'm so glad you were able to join us! that is a great theme!

I've been going back and forth on my theme - but I'm going to go with "gardens" :)

Pippin
07-02-2008, 01:32 PM
Good to see you Jetleg!!!

GG I was pondering gardens but as I have already "done" gardens twice I had better have another theme!! May be trees but I have not decided yet!!

goatgoddess
07-02-2008, 03:18 PM
we could both do gardens - there are kitties in gardens, vegie gardens, bunnies in gardens, flower gardens, bugs in gardens and in my case there could be goats in the garden <G> although hubby gets in the dog house if goats get loose in our flower beds <G>

Pippin
07-02-2008, 04:51 PM
I can just imagine a goat loose in the garden!!! They would eat everything!:twitcy:

vwozniak
07-02-2008, 05:40 PM
Jetleg, welcome, welcome..so glad to have you join us. GG, I made that an 8X8 garden, correct? Our themes are really looking like some felting fun. Aren't we a brave lot, tackling themes with our felting?
My first class will be drawing, hopefully some outside in the mountains. For my second class we are supposed to come with some images we want to work with. I decided to use the birds of Walter Anderson, a Mississippi artist, as inspiration. You can see his work here: http://www.wamastore.org/eshop/10Browse.asp

NYJunkie
07-02-2008, 07:46 PM
Welcome to the Fuzzy Felters, Jetleg! It will be great having such an enthusiastic new member...

Val - your classes sound terrific and I just check out Walter Anderson's gallery. Great watercolors -- you certainly will be inspired while in Tennessee.

Gardens and Monet and mountains Oh My! Funky Birds and more gardens and Houses Oh My!! Quite an array of themes - Oh Yeah!

susietex
07-03-2008, 03:59 AM
Hi Jetleg, brilliant to have you with us, and another great theme. Still pondering on mine, now shall I pick......
Great crested newts or Elephants in full Indian costume, architecture of Ancient Greece or maybe something a little more challenging?????:twitcy:;)

vwozniak
07-03-2008, 08:06 AM
I think elephants in full Indian costume would be perfect for felting!!

Pippin
07-03-2008, 12:17 PM
Hi Jetleg, brilliant to have you with us, and another great theme. Still pondering on mine, now shall I pick......
Great crested newts or Elephants in full Indian costume, architecture of Ancient Greece or maybe something a little more challenging?????:twitcy:;)

I agree with Val, Indian Elephants would be perfect, failing that the mosaics of the Islamic temples in Istanbul come to mind!;)

NYJunkie
07-03-2008, 02:44 PM
Oh yikes! Something easy, SusieTex -- maybe you should request pages with everything - even the kitchen sink!

susietex
07-04-2008, 03:05 AM
Well actually we are having a new kitchen extension built at this very moment, so a kitchen sink would be a great idea, but it needs to be shown being delivered by an elephant wearing a mosaic inspired costume. LOL!!!!

Sorry ladies, but my brain has finally been clogged with brick dust and arthritis medication....... is there any hope for me????? ROFL, but now I can't get up!!!

JackieR
07-07-2008, 09:28 PM
Finally here!!! Welcome Jetleg!! This is cool. I'll have to get out the books and try some new techniques. September is great. I have nearly booked all my accommodation for my trip. Yay for the internet and email!!

JackieR
07-07-2008, 09:29 PM
Oh I just read Susie's ideas for a theme. NOooooo Please be kind!!

jetleg
07-22-2008, 08:04 PM
The new colors of roving I ordered arrived along with more felting needles. I am off to start designing pages.

NYJunkie
07-22-2008, 08:46 PM
Oh, jetleg, you're so organized!! I got lots of good stuff -- just have to wait for my attic studio to cool off a bit. That's where my felting machine is. I have a couple ideas for Funky Birds and Monet....hope to get them both done before the summer ends. I know that's ambitious.

vwozniak
07-22-2008, 09:59 PM
O.K., Susie and Pippin, start thinking about those themes!!

vwozniak
08-08-2008, 03:14 PM
O.K., September is right around the corner, well sort of, and I don't think we have themes from Monarch, Pippin and Susie...some of us need a little thinking time.

NYJunkie
08-09-2008, 01:42 AM
I have a definite idea about what I'm going to make for Val's page and a couple ideas for Jackie's page. I have to do some sketches and perhaps little ATCs before I tackle the journal page. I hope to get both of these cards done before the end of the month because it looks like September is going to be pretty busy for me. (August seems a bit out-of-control, too.) I kind of like rainy days when I have to stay inside -- then I can felt and design.

goatgoddess
08-10-2008, 12:32 AM
Oh yeah it's coming up fast! Can't belive the year is more than half over :err:

Pippin
08-11-2008, 10:29 AM
still ponderimg my theme here!! i have narrowed it down to trees or something that i have yet to put a name to but is sort of art deco!!! Waiting not so patiently for the arm to mend and the cast to come off!! Then i bet i will be sent for physio!! oh joy

jetleg
08-11-2008, 10:47 AM
I have the felting done one my first page...now i need to embellish! This is such a fun group. I am so pleased to be a member.

JackieR
08-11-2008, 08:46 PM
Trees sounds good LOL!!!!

vwozniak
08-12-2008, 08:44 AM
Yes, Jackie, I like those trees, too!!! Although I certainly would be challenged with art deco!

NYJunkie
08-12-2008, 09:25 AM
jetleg, I'm so impressed you have a page felted already!!! Can't wait to see it!

Pippin -- hope all the pain is gone in your arm. All you need is patience while it heals. Art deco/trees/stained glass??? could be an elegant choice of themes.

Pippin
08-12-2008, 01:24 PM
Trees it shall be then, but i am going to buck the trend and go for oblong!! will let you know the measurements tonight!

I now have the fourth cast on my arm, i have had three fibreglass ones in the week since the plaster cast came off. I am SO flippin cranky right now!!!!!!!!! must grin and bear it, and remember this is not life threatening or life altering, unlike the poor 20 year old guy there today who had broken both heel bones, faces surgery and is almost guaranteed to get arthritis and may have to have the bones fused in the future. its all relative!

vwozniak
08-12-2008, 07:30 PM
Oh, oblong sounds fun. I know it has got to be stressful, can't wait to hear that you are "castless". Take care.

monarch
08-12-2008, 08:02 PM
I am debating on 2 themes and haven't made my mind up yet.......I will really soon.... Really interesting fun themes!!! They will be a good learning experience....I hope I can do all of the them justice............. I have thought about dropping out but told myself this is the only way I am going to learn........................

vwozniak
08-12-2008, 10:30 PM
Carole, you better not drop out, you are becoming a real star with your felted fish!!

JackieR
08-13-2008, 03:00 AM
I have my idea for birds. Now as to actually turning it into what I see in my head stay tuned. Oblong! I am actually doing a theme a month for an Aussie group which is A4 size. It's quite a good size but a challenge when it comes to things like landscapes to keep the perspective correct. Pippin I thought for a moment you meant oblong trees LOL. Jetleg you put us to shame, have to get cracking.

vwozniak
08-19-2008, 09:25 AM
Pippin will be 6"x8", now Carol, how are you doing with your theme?

monarch
08-19-2008, 10:17 AM
I am going to go with Under The Sea or anything to do with the sea......8 x 8, please......

Pippin
08-19-2008, 10:31 AM
I feel a host of felted fish coming on Carol!! This will be fun!

NYJunkie
08-19-2008, 10:39 AM
I like your themes, monarch and Pippin!! I'm also glad you decided to stick with the group, Carol. You have been doing so many other things I'm glad you penciled in our group because your designs are fantastic.

Pippin, it will be fun working with an oblong size!!!

vwozniak
08-19-2008, 12:06 PM
We have come up with some great themes...it will certainly stretch my felting skills, love it!!

goatgoddess
08-19-2008, 12:26 PM
All right now to get started on my page for Carol - Not sure it will be as cute as Carols are but I will do my best :)

monarch
08-19-2008, 03:05 PM
val - Please show my theme as Under the Sea or relating to the sea......Beachs, seashells etc....Thanks!!!!

vwozniak
08-19-2008, 04:16 PM
Done! Glad you are with us, Carol.

monarch
08-19-2008, 04:36 PM
Thanks a bunch val.......I'm glad I'm here toooo......This will be a great learning expericence!!!!! I am thinking mountains now.......

Pippin
08-20-2008, 01:55 PM
My first page is for SusieTex, is that still correct? There is no theme!!!

I will mail as soon as i can after the cast is off!! my arm will be so skinny!!!

vwozniak
08-20-2008, 06:35 PM
Well, I haven't heard from Susie, need some feedback from ya'll, should we continue to carry her and just skip those months or should I re-work the schedule?

Pippin, can't wait to see what that newly healed arm does at the felting machine. By the way, is your 6"X8" landscape or portrait...or does it matter...I have an idea for either way!

Pippin
08-20-2008, 08:07 PM
oh good question! I think i will go with portrait please!

JackieR
08-20-2008, 08:23 PM
Good question Val. I would only have thought of that when it came time to do it.

vwozniak
08-20-2008, 09:28 PM
Well, I was getting ready to do it and realized it could go either way!!!

JackieR
08-21-2008, 12:45 AM
Here's your sulphur-crested cockatoo Val. There was a big group of them on a lawn up the street this week when I went for my walk. They were systematically digging up grass everywhere.

Pippin
08-21-2008, 08:04 AM
how adorable !! They must have looked amazing in a flock.

vwozniak
08-21-2008, 08:41 AM
Jackie, how amazingly adorable! My very own cockatoo, thank you sooo much, can't wait for him to fly to New Orleans.

NYJunkie
08-21-2008, 09:06 AM
Jackie, I am extremely impressed with your cockatoo page. It's awsome, fantastic, gorgeous, wonderful......

monarch
08-21-2008, 12:52 PM
Believe it or not....I have started on my mountain page.........and have the idea down....Now I'll get an opinion from my husband tonight and take it from there........I'm excited!!!!

monarch
08-21-2008, 12:53 PM
jackie - your page is soooo awesome!!!! I love it and a great imagination!!!!

vwozniak
08-21-2008, 01:00 PM
We are on a roll, this is soooo exciting!!!! Time for me to start on my tree.

NYJunkie
08-21-2008, 03:50 PM
I've been thinking this over. Since Susie hasn't posted on the Thread, maybe it would be a good idea to keep her name on the list, but mark the months where players are to work on her page as a 'make your own page' month.
I didn't realize no one got a page for the last journal. If Susie gets back in good shape, she can work on the pages from the previous Journal.
Susie, if you're reading this -- please give us your input. We all wish you a quick return to good health.

JackieR
08-21-2008, 06:35 PM
Thanks so much everyone. I knew i wanted to do this for a couple of days but couldn't get my head around the 'how'. Then yesterday I had a 'light bulb' moment and I got stuck in and did it. Cockatoos abound around here Pip. They are very beautiful, extremely arrogant, very noisy and destructive. We know in the mountains not to put certain wood on our houses as they can strip it off in a day. One's flying around outside at this very moment.

JackieR
08-21-2008, 06:38 PM
NYJunkie I like your plan re Susie very much. I think we need to decide something and move on.

vwozniak
08-21-2008, 07:00 PM
Well, I just love that the noisy, arrogant cockatoo is coming my way, I am such a lucky lady.
I agree with NYJ's plan and am going to go ahead and implement it, if anyone has a disagreement or other plan let me know.

vwozniak
08-21-2008, 07:09 PM
I just made the adjusments, if anyone can figure a way we can reorganize it, let me know (I'll be thinking about it too).

goatgoddess
08-22-2008, 09:54 AM
it just doesn't seem as fun to me to make something for myself but on the other hand I'm always sorry I haven't kept some of my own work - so this will be good - I can learn to make something to keep <G>

vwozniak
08-22-2008, 09:58 AM
I never keep any of my work, either, so I agree it will be good to work on one for me, and if we all post them that will keep us "honest".

NYJunkie
08-22-2008, 10:05 AM
For the last journal I had plans to make 2 of each page so I'd have one for myself. I only wound up with one that was similar to Val's (because I love Peru). It would be nice to make a 'Title Page' for the 'free month'.

I'm way behind -- absolutely must get my Jackie page sketched. I have 3 ideas and want to see which works best on paper before picking wool.....

vwozniak
08-22-2008, 10:50 AM
I just sketched mine out and began working on it yesterday afternoon, so you're not far behind me NYJ!

JackieR
08-22-2008, 06:38 PM
I often send my pages off with a sigh LOL and I NEVER get to do them again even though I have wonderful intentions so this is great. I will make my cover.

vwozniak
08-22-2008, 08:51 PM
Finished Pippin's tree, haven't put the back on yet but went ahead and scanned it. I can't stay away from that impressionistic style!!!

JackieR
08-22-2008, 08:55 PM
Oh yummy tree!! I love it. Clever Val.

Pippin
08-22-2008, 08:55 PM
That is just stunning Val, but not fair when i cant play yet!!!! 11 days to go till cast off!! not that i am counting at all you understand!

it will be good to do one to keep for me. i keep promising myself i will do another page like i did for Jackie for Spring!!!!
LOL

JackieR
08-22-2008, 08:57 PM
Wow! Where did those weeks go???

Pippin
08-22-2008, 09:05 PM
indeed they go fast!!!!

vwozniak
08-22-2008, 09:48 PM
Eleven days and counting...I know you can hardly wait!!!

NYJunkie
08-23-2008, 12:52 AM
Val, you made a great page for Pippin. It look like a windy day -- beautiful; and I like the portrait style.

Pippin
08-23-2008, 02:13 PM
I spoke to Susie this morning! It was like talking to someone i have know for years! She has had some setbacks with her health again but is on the mend now it seems, allbeit slowly. If she continues to improve she expects to back here shortly, she has caught up oh her fuzzy felters pages and fibrella pages and took out a second mortgage at the post office!

monarch
08-23-2008, 03:17 PM
That is great to hear that she is feeling better!!!!!!

I finished jetleg's mountain page.........I am open for comments and suggestions, since I have never did anything like this before in my life......... My back isn't on so I can change or add to it.........

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3268/2790461246_2ef3e3da69.jpg

Pippin
08-23-2008, 03:33 PM
Thats great Carol! i love the little flowers

vwozniak
08-23-2008, 07:54 PM
Carol, I think you did a great job, you are really exploring new paths, congratulations!!
And, I am delighted that you spoke to Susie, Pippin, and look forward to seeing her here soon.

NYJunkie
08-23-2008, 08:20 PM
monarch, I don't think you have to do anything else to your beautiful page for jetleg. Once again you have made a quality felted picture.

JackieR
08-23-2008, 10:24 PM
Wow Carol. That's really stunning. I can't get over how far we have all come on this journey. Great news about Susie.

monarch
08-24-2008, 02:09 AM
Thank you all for your awesome comments!!!! I am really pleased with the outcome of this page and I really surprised myself........ I did have feedback from about five people of what they thought about the page and what they thought I should try/or do to it.......Maybe that helped me..... Thanks again!!!!

goatgoddess
08-24-2008, 03:54 AM
So glad to hear about SusieTex - hope she gets better very soon - it's so hard when your health isn't well - hubby has issues too that he's always fighting

Carol that page is stunning! love the colors and everything about it!!!

jetleg
08-25-2008, 12:01 PM
Carol,
I love the page you made for me. Wow, i feel lucky. What a great way to start my mountain scene felted book. Thank you!

JackieR
08-26-2008, 01:47 AM
I am going to make a book this time. I am very excited about it. The first one I actually finished was the one with 15 members. The book travelled around. Holly loves that book. It's the only one that keeps her attention all the way through. this should be a great book too.

susietex
08-26-2008, 12:40 PM
Hello * peeks around the door* can I come in?
I promise to play nice... I've missed you all.

Pippin
08-26-2008, 04:23 PM
We missed you too oh Queen of the Renovations!!! Maybe we should all do you a felted reno page!! haha

JackieR
08-26-2008, 06:10 PM
Welcome Susie. It's great to have you back.

vwozniak
08-26-2008, 07:43 PM
O.K. Susie, now that you are back we need to know your theme and then I will rework the schedule.

susietex
08-27-2008, 04:28 AM
Oh thanks guys, this is so great of you... my theme is felted building materials... NO DON'T YOUR DARE.....

How about 'The Sky' sunset/sunrise, city skyline, stars/planets, clouds 8x8"

Thankyou girls, really am ready to go.

vwozniak
08-27-2008, 07:03 AM
Just changed the schedule, think everything is worked out right but would love for someone to check it out for me.

Pippin
08-27-2008, 08:34 AM
Looks like March needs fixing still!! Thats cos you were up really early!!!

vwozniak
08-27-2008, 08:56 AM
Thanks, fixed, and yes early mornings make for fuzzy thinking!!!

goatgoddess
08-27-2008, 02:05 PM
Susie welcome back - so glad to seeing you posting again :)

susietex
08-27-2008, 02:16 PM
Thanks GG, and I see that you are first on my list, so a felted garden it will be.

monarch
08-27-2008, 04:09 PM
susie - I am so glad you are doing better!!!!! Take care of yourself!!

susietex
08-28-2008, 04:32 AM
Thankyou guys, it's great to be back, I've missed you all.

NYJunkie
08-28-2008, 05:10 AM
Oh yeah!!! Susie's back in town and can play with us. See Susie felt...See Susie sew...See Susie make great pieces....

NYJunkie
09-02-2008, 11:57 AM
Here's my nearly finished page for Jackie. I still have to do the back, but wanted to post it so that you'd know I'm working on it. I will have it done today and in the mail tomorrow.

monarch
09-02-2008, 12:49 PM
nyjunkie - Beauitful page!!!!! I love it!!!!!

susietex
09-02-2008, 02:37 PM
Wow NYJ, that's fab, so atmospheric.

vwozniak
09-02-2008, 03:50 PM
Love it NYJ! i dropped mine in the mail today...see if it goes any faster from Memphis than it would from home. So, Pippin, be on the lookout.

Pippin
09-02-2008, 07:44 PM
Awesome page NYJ, it looks just like London and the Thames.

The cast is off, but the wrist doesn't work anymore!! I guess if you give muscles a 6 week holiday they go away! I start physio tomorrow, I have to get this wrist going again! Mums op went well and she is stable!

vwozniak
09-02-2008, 09:00 PM
Let's do a loud Hip Hip Hooray echoing around the world!! So glad the cast is off.

susietex
09-03-2008, 03:32 AM
Well this has to be the 'Good News' thread today.
Val is safe and well, Pippin has her cast off (go easy on the physio). NYJ has kicked off the group with an awesome page, and yes even I'm on time with my page, I'll pop up a picture later.
Have a great day girls.

jetleg
09-08-2008, 08:36 PM
NYJ...that is a wonderful page. I wish I could see it in person. Speaking of in person, your page should be arriving any day now. Although I do still owe you a fabric postcard.

goatgoddess
09-09-2008, 08:46 AM
beautiful pages! so glad your cast is off Pippin - hope you can get home soon Val

got a start on mine but it will be this weekend before I get it finished - had a slow start this go round.

monarch
09-09-2008, 10:38 AM
jetleg - What a darling page!!!!! I love it!!!

NYJunkie
09-09-2008, 12:24 PM
Oh, jetleg, you made me a fantastic page and I am waiting anxiously for the mail carrier. They'd better treat that envelope with care!!!
Pippin - I hope your therapy is going well now that your cast is off....soon you'll be good as new!
Val, will you be going home soon? I hope Ike doesn't head your way -- or any way.

Pippin
09-09-2008, 12:37 PM
Great house jetLeg!!

Mobility is coming in by degrees, small ones so I have to be patient!!!

vwozniak
09-09-2008, 02:59 PM
Jetleg, great page!!! And, Pippin, glad you are getting some movement back. I am heading home tomorrow, Ike is aimed at Texas and looks like we will just get tropical storm winds. So sorry for Texas. GG are you out of range?

goatgoddess
09-09-2008, 03:20 PM
Oh yeah we will be fine - might get a bit of rough weather but not anything like the coast will - it will just be rain and wind by the time it gets to us. In fact this is where they sent Houston when they have to leave.

monarch
09-09-2008, 07:50 PM
I mailed jetleg's page today.......

NYJunkie
09-10-2008, 10:03 AM
jetleg, I received your awesome House page yesterday!!! I cannot believe how excellent it is -- the photo does not do it justice. There are lots of beads and all types of fibers -- I'm speechless... Thanks.

vwozniak
09-10-2008, 04:32 PM
Just need to jump and shout, I am home!!!

goatgoddess
09-10-2008, 04:34 PM
Oh good - hope they have everything back on for you - looks like Ike will miss you too - hopefully he'll calm down a bit before hitting Texas.

monarch
09-10-2008, 05:46 PM
val.......I am sooo happy your home!!!! That was along time to be away!!

vwozniak
09-10-2008, 06:50 PM
It is wonderful to be home, everything is working and a neighbor has already cleared my yard....amazing!!

Pippin
09-10-2008, 09:24 PM
Good to hear Val, How did Skipper enjoy his adventure??

vwozniak
09-10-2008, 10:01 PM
Thanks, Skipper had a great time, the friend I stayed with has two young grandchildren who think he is the greatest...and he reciprocates the feelings!!! He's great in the car, an easy traveler.

susietex
09-11-2008, 03:55 AM
Hi Val, welcome home to you and Skipper, and great news about the backyard.

Debra, how are you doing? Hope you are still dry and safe from Ike.

goatgoddess
09-11-2008, 06:08 AM
oh we will be fine - we are far enough north - just have to worry about high winds and flooding but this is where everyone from houston comes - already have shelters set up in Dallas and Denton (north of Fort Worth) we are just south of Fort Worth so they are saying we will catch a lot of the rain but it will die dow some - the way it's suppose to hit it drive up the center of Texas in the Dallas - Fort Worth area - hubbys a bit freaked out but I find that our local weather people tend to get a bit over excited when weather like this is headed our way so I'm not all that concerned - most of the time they overstate the case <G>

our house is high so even if it floods it will be in lower parts of the pasture by the creek and if it's really bad the barn will flood in the back but it's warm so the goats won't be happy but they will get by - our pond is way down so this will fill it up in no time <G> so now that I think about flooding shouldn't even be a issue - so except for high winds shoudn't be that big a deal

I'm staying in and doing art - poor hubby has to work but that gives me time to get some stuff done.

vwozniak
09-11-2008, 09:30 AM
GG, glad you are safe and sound, we are getting the winds and rain from Ike right now, hurricanes are so interesting, the way the weather comes in bands..you can actually hear it as it approaches, one band after another...I have no food in the house...had to empty my refrigerator and freezer yesterday so will go out and shop!!

goatgoddess
09-11-2008, 09:35 AM
Stay safe - hard to say where Ike will end up - he turned north last night from where they thought he was going. <G>

susietex
09-11-2008, 12:46 PM
Feeling left out now! Today the weather here was, erm, cloudy, with no wind, but it did spot with rain for about ten minutes!!!!! The tension over our NON weather is killing me. LOL.

goatgoddess
09-11-2008, 01:33 PM
awwhhh poor Susie - I would be happy to send Ike your way (well when he gets here - right now the sun is out and it's looking pretty) but ol Ike has a mind of his own <G>

vwozniak
09-12-2008, 11:34 AM
I just got a huge stack of mail and out popped a wonderful Australian Cockatoo...he is so fabulous. Skipper is intrigued and would love to play with him, but I have him roosted up high where he can be king of the roost!! Thanks Jackie, he is phenomenal!

vwozniak
09-14-2008, 10:11 PM
Due to my evacuation frenzy, I did not keep track of who has mailed and who has received their pages this time. Would you indulge me and save me from searching the thread, and let me know if you have mailed or received September's pages.
Val...I have mailed to Pippin and received from Jackie R
GG to mail to Carole
Susie mailed to GG

goatgoddess
09-14-2008, 10:53 PM
I'll be mailing Carols in the next couple of days and I've not rec. yet :)

vwozniak
09-14-2008, 11:04 PM
Thanks, GG.

susietex
09-15-2008, 05:38 AM
GG your page from me is on the way, sorry I hung onto it for a few days so that I could post out my swap atcs with it.

vwozniak
09-15-2008, 09:13 AM
Thanks Susie!

goatgoddess
09-15-2008, 09:35 AM
more than fine Susie - no worries :) got to save where we can for sure.

monarch
09-15-2008, 10:24 AM
I mailed to jetleg last Tuesday Sept. 9th...but I don't know if she has received......

jetleg
09-15-2008, 11:27 AM
I did receive on Saturday...sorry I was slow to post. What a beautiful mountain scene, I can feel myself off to the side having a picnic and relaxing with my family. Thank you Carol, what a terrific start to my mountain book...

jetleg
09-15-2008, 11:28 AM
Val, I have mailed to NYJunkie (and she received) and I have received from Monarch.

Pippin
09-15-2008, 12:51 PM
Glad to hear everyone is safe after Ike, he even took some branches of our tree way up here so I hate to think what he was like in Texas. Hoping to do some art this week and get some stuff out. Wrist is improving and I am driving again after 8 weeks without!! Got hit by conjunctivitis too, but now on the 3rd scrip for that and hopefully the Vigamox will knock it out!! Doc figures I picked up a resitant bug in my travels in the hospital!!

vwozniak
09-15-2008, 01:11 PM
I think this is correct so far, thanks everyone for your help.
September 1, 2008
Goatgoddess sends to Monarch to be sent
Susie sends to Goatgoddess sent
Pippin sends to Susie
NYJunkie sends to JackieR sent

goatgoddess
09-15-2008, 01:38 PM
Oh no Pippin - pink eye on top of your wrist that just isn't fair. glad your wrist is better and hope your conjunctivitis clears up - I've had that - it's no fun!!! hurts like anything and light hurts more.

vwozniak
09-15-2008, 03:25 PM
Pippin, you must be ready for a nice big dose of health! Hope all goes no where but up from here.

susietex
09-16-2008, 05:46 AM
Oh Pippin, that sounds nasty, sending you BIG, BIG bug free hugs.

NYJunkie
09-17-2008, 07:42 PM
I mailed Jackie's page a while ago and haven't heard whether she got it. I know it takes a while to get down under...so I won't panic yet.

Val, I have a sketch done for your Funky Bird page and plan to pick fibers and begin the actual layout tomorrow (or in the middle of the night if I can't sleep). I know once I start that, I'll get it done in a day or two.

vwozniak
09-17-2008, 09:13 PM
THanks for the info NYJ, I think Jackie is on vacation right now, may be why you haven't heard. Can't wait to see the funcky bird!!

Pippin
09-17-2008, 09:18 PM
My page has arrived from Val!! It is lovely Val, just gorgeous! Thanks so much!!

goatgoddess
09-19-2008, 10:56 AM
Got both Carols and this mth nearly done - will be mailing monday - beading is done on Carols - trying to figure out if it needs something else. also nearly done with this mth - for some reason when wet felting it's just as easy to do two as one.

I need to go wool shopping after this though - only colors I have is two types of pink and white - used up my blues, brown and greens.

NYJunkie
09-21-2008, 11:33 AM
Val, I didn't get your page done like I'd hoped -- it looks like this might be a 'last minute page' because I'm going on a Florida holiday until Sept. 30. I promise to get it done as soon as I can...sorry. I've been a nervous wreck thinking about flying and trying to get things at home in order before I leave.

vwozniak
09-21-2008, 01:52 PM
I am running late ,too, all the hurricanes have complicated my life!! Take your time, no problem.

NYJunkie
09-21-2008, 07:57 PM
I'm so glad you can wait -- I promise I'll make you a really nice page.

vwozniak
09-21-2008, 09:08 PM
Oh,I know your work and I know you will..and funky birds are fun to make.

JackieR
09-22-2008, 03:12 AM
Well!!! 4,300 kms later and here I am back again. A wee bit tired. I'll check out where I am with this in a couple of days. I thought I posted that I was going away but I must have missed some threads. I have seen the most beautiful things. I have attached 2. NYJunkie I have received your Monet and I love it. It will be the first page in my Monet book. The more I look at it the more I see.

JackieR
09-22-2008, 03:14 AM
The first pic was taken from a beach J and I climbed down to. It was very wild. Not a place to swim!! The koala was sitting in a tree over the road. He had lots of mates who were in trees off the road.

vwozniak
09-22-2008, 06:50 AM
Jackie, welcome back, wonderful pictures,thanks for posting us a bit of Australia!!

NYJunkie
09-22-2008, 09:37 AM
Oh, Jackie! What a beautiful country you live in...and koalas are such wonderful animals. I only saw a couple when they visited the Buffalo Zoo many years ago.

I'm glad you like the Monet page...

Pippin
09-24-2008, 08:30 PM
what a lovely koala!! I just want to cuddle him!

Glad you had a great time and are home safe.

I am getting back into the swing of creating now, physio is a marvel!!

goatgoddess
09-24-2008, 10:44 PM
Love the pics Jackie! very cool!

SusieTex I got your wonderful page! it's so nicely done I just love it!!! thanks so much. :)

JackieR
09-25-2008, 12:51 AM
LOL you wouldn't want to get anywhere near a koala in the wild. They are very vicious creatures. The ones in the petting zoos have to be hand reared so they don't scratch people. Those front claws are very strong and sharp. But they are cute to look at. I'll have to get my creative side going. I am still in holiday mode!!

susietex
09-25-2008, 10:38 AM
Hey GG, you're very welcome, so glad it got to you.

Jackie, stay with the holiday mode, why change gear if you don't have to !!!

JackieR
09-25-2008, 06:41 PM
Ok Susie. I'll veg out for the next ???? months. You don't mind waiting for your page do you Pippin?? Blame Susie!!

Pippin
09-25-2008, 09:15 PM
No thats fine!!! Just veg and have fun!!!!

JackieR
09-25-2008, 09:50 PM
Actually I've just had a really great idea for your trees. It's a bit hot here so I'll wait till it cools down before I venture into the studio. I think we are going to have a nasty summer. It's supposed to be 88 tomorrow and it's still Spring!!

susietex
09-26-2008, 03:36 AM
Erm! We have had no real summer, too much rain, and today it's foggy...... yes I'm jealous that you've got 'heat', so vacation over.... make Pippins page!!!!!!

* Susie continues to wrap up warm to brave the elements...... check list.... socks, gloves, hat, coat....*

JackieR
09-26-2008, 07:49 PM
Ok Mum - back to the studio she trudges!!! Actually it's quite cool at night so if I open all the windows before I go to bed the house stays cool during the day. Off to felt!

Pippin
09-29-2008, 09:15 AM
well I had a major clean up yesterday and now the embelisher has a spot of its own! Slowly getting through the ovedue commitments!! wrist is improving too!

How are you doing Susie?? Any sign of the end of the renovations yet!!

monarch
09-29-2008, 09:53 AM
I finally started nyjunkie's page........

goatgoddess
09-29-2008, 10:35 AM
At long last Carol your page is ready to mail - with the two atc's I owe you as well - they will go out today :)

Jetleg - your page is nearly ready - just needs a backing and it will be ready to go. So I'll be on time this mailing :)

monarch
09-29-2008, 10:42 AM
goatgoddess - I can't wait to see it........You should post a pic........

goatgoddess
09-29-2008, 11:13 AM
Will post a pic tonight Carol - Was at the Dallas State Fair of Texas with the goats this past four days - just got done with all that yesterday. :)

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3250/2898586338_97423c8b94.jpg?v=0

susietex
09-29-2008, 11:24 AM
How are you doing Susie?? Any sign of the end of the renovations yet!!

ROFL if I didn't I'd cry:cry:.....The 4 month build will have been going 12 months in a weeks time!!! Still no new kitchen, bathroom, bedroom or workroom, but the garage is finished, pity we have no driveway laid yet to get to it!!!!!
Oh, and I do have a newly laid patio and flower beds, shame that it's so late in the year that I can't do anything with either....:sad: But thanks for asking Pippin.

BUT MY PAGES ARE BEING DONE ON TIME, Monarch's is almost ready to go...:)

susietex
09-29-2008, 11:25 AM
GG, that picture just gave me vertigo, tell me you didn't ride on the thing!!!

goatgoddess
09-29-2008, 12:13 PM
Not this time but I took my Grandson on it once and my kids when they were young once - costs a bunch to ride $7 I think it was - hubby talked about it but desided that $14 was too much and the line was too long. You get the most fab view from the top of Dallas and a bit of Fort Worth on a good day.

SusieTex - do you have a kitchen at all? 12 mths would drive me nuts - it's going to be soooo nice when it's done thought - love that you got new flower beds - that is huge on my lists of "want to" Also a side patio and back patio and a front walkway. Oh and a driveway <G>
gosh I hope they get the job done soon so you can enjoy your home again!!!

susietex
09-29-2008, 06:40 PM
Hi GG, I do have a sort of kitchen, oven works, but no microwave, fridge works, just have to climb over boxes to get to it. Half the lights work, better to cook in daylight if possible!! Oh, and I have two square foot of worktop to prep food on, I think an estate agaent would call this 'quaint and compact', me,I call it a pain in the A**!! LOL or having hysterics, not sure which anymore!!!

JackieR
09-29-2008, 06:43 PM
What a nightmare. I had my back room done and the roof pulled off and replaced. It was awful. We had this huge windstorm and they had to put tarps over the roof. I didn't sleep at all because all night the tarp would lift with the wind then bang down. I feel for you Susie. 12 months is an awfully long time!!

vwozniak
09-29-2008, 07:01 PM
Oh, Susie, what a long time, hope it gets completed soon.
GG, I went to school in Denton and have fond memories of the Texas State Fair..such fun!!!
Susie, I am working on your piece, needed to do some dyeing to complete it, got that done today. It is one of those times when it doesn't look so good in the middle of the process and I am hoping that it will improve soon!!! I find that happens often in my artwork...but I never quite get used to it.

susietex
09-29-2008, 07:06 PM
Jackie, I know all about tarps and the wind!!! Rainstorms are 'fun' too.

Val, this sounds like a great piece, I'm intrigued.

PS. If anyone wants a dyed piece from me, you can have it in any shade of brickdust you like!!:biglaugh:

goatgoddess
09-30-2008, 06:42 AM
Carol here is your page and your atc for the one I talked you out of :)
also sending along the bird stamp atc per the org. trade :)

14914 14915

monarch
09-30-2008, 10:19 AM
debra - I love love the page and the atc you made for me!!!!! Can't wait to see it in person!! Thanks for all the work you put into them!!!!

NYJunkie
09-30-2008, 12:31 PM
I got back from my Florida trip yesterday night and in some ways it's good to be at home, but I really like not cooking, cleaning, etc....vacations are good. My brother made me go para sailing -- what fun that was!!! I never thought I'd be sailing 800 feet over the water. I haven't looked at the pictures yet -- will try to post one soon.

Anyway, now I'm way behind on everything and have to get back to felting. Hang in there, Carol. I should be able to get to your page this week.

It's so good to be back in contact....a week seems like a long time.

susietex
09-30-2008, 12:55 PM
Hi there NYJ, glad to have you back, shame about the household chores!
I don'y know about Carol hanging in there, sounds like you've been dong the hanging on..800 feet! Phew!!

NYJunkie
09-30-2008, 01:11 PM
Carol just reminded me that my next page is for Val -- I know that!!! I think I dropped my memory into the Gulf of Mexico.

JackieR
10-01-2008, 07:32 PM
That's exactly what I like about hols. You don't have to make the bed, clean the room, cook!!! Ahhhh Bliss!!

NYJunkie
10-01-2008, 08:20 PM
OK - here's pictures of my brother and me para sailing -- you must realize that both of us used to be afraid of heights....

Pippin
10-01-2008, 08:32 PM
Holy smokes!! That is high!!! Great to see a pic of you though!

JackieR
10-01-2008, 09:40 PM
Do you get wet when you land?? I don't like heights either but that looks like fun!!

JackieR
10-01-2008, 09:42 PM
Here's '4 trees' for Pippin. I will post tomorrow.

susietex
10-02-2008, 04:26 AM
Do you get wet when you land?? I don't like heights either but that looks like fun!!

I wouldn't care about getting wet, I'd just want to be DOWN!!!!

NYJ, brave or scared? hard to tell from the picture! LOL. Well done though, I'd have chickened way before the harness went on.

susietex
10-02-2008, 04:30 AM
Jackie, I'm a lovin those trees, super colours.

vwozniak
10-02-2008, 05:53 AM
UPdate:
I think this is correct so far, please let me know of any changes:

September 1, 2008
Goatgoddess sends to Monarch sent
Susie sends to Goatgoddess sent
Pippin sends to Susie

October 1, 2008
Monarch sends to NYJunkie
Susie sends to Monarch
Pippin sends to Goatgoddess
Jackie R sends to Pippin mailed
NYJunkie sends to vwozniak
Jetleg send to Jackier

goatgoddess
10-02-2008, 09:34 AM
I sent out Monarch's on monday - sending Jetlegs Friday or Sat - still trying to deside if it's done yet.

Jackie love the trees - the colors are so cool!

NYJunkie - that looks fun - not sure I would do it now sure would have when I was in my 20's <G>

NYJunkie
10-02-2008, 09:55 AM
Jackie -- I love those Trees. I have to get to work on my page for Val this weekend.

That was a 'white knuckle' ride in the air. It really was fun and very quiet and peaceful up there. The view is wonderful and we were higher than the seagulls. Do NOT expect me to skydive ever.

monarch
10-02-2008, 10:09 AM
nyjunkie - I am glad that is you....I could never do that........Me and heights don't get slong to well....................

jackie - awesome page!!!!!

Pippin
10-02-2008, 05:14 PM
That is a lovely page Jackie, I cnat wait to get it!! Thanks so much! I think I can change the needles this weekend so I will be in there playing away!!

JackieR
10-02-2008, 07:01 PM
I broke another needle. My five needle cassette is now three. I use J's tools to break it off and away I go. I'll use it until there are two then I'll get another one!

vwozniak
10-02-2008, 10:09 PM
I have been felting away (while listenting to the vice presidential debate) I think I am ready to do the embellishments. My machine has replaceable needles but I can'tfigure out how to replace the middle one! Love this felting!!!

jetleg
10-03-2008, 07:43 AM
It looks like everyone is having fun, felting and flying. I have finished the felting and am now on the embellishing for Jackie. I should mail by monday at the latest.

Debra, i can't wait to see my page...i am sure it will be amazing...

vwozniak
10-05-2008, 02:45 PM
It's done...Susie here is sunset at the Taj Mahal:

monarch
10-05-2008, 03:41 PM
val - Your page is stunning!!!!!

Received goatgoddess's awesome page!!!!!!

Here is nyjunkie's house page.......I hope you like it.......

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3080/2915378817_007d40a854_m.jpg

susietex
10-05-2008, 03:52 PM
OMG Val, I just love it, thankyou so much. Can't wait!!!

vwozniak
10-05-2008, 04:59 PM
Great house, Carole..and adorable little tree.
Susie, glad you like it...fussed over it a bit but like the outcome.

Pippin
10-05-2008, 06:21 PM
Awesome pages Val and Carol!

vwozniak
10-07-2008, 01:25 PM
Susie, the Taj Mahal is in the mail.

susietex
10-07-2008, 02:16 PM
Thanks Val, another reason to stalk the postman!

jetleg
10-08-2008, 12:13 PM
Jackie, I am so sorry...I am not done, almost now I am on the backing and edging. I hope to mail by friday. Everyones work is so great. I am so ecited to see evertyhting that is created here. It is amazing what you can do with wool and a needle.
Hugs, Jeanette

goatgoddess
10-08-2008, 12:30 PM
wow - cool pages Val and Carol!!

Got Jetleg's in the mail yesterday - will try to post a pic tonight.

JackieR
10-08-2008, 05:19 PM
Do I look worried?? What are you studying Jeanette?

NYJunkie
10-08-2008, 07:32 PM
Carol, the House page you made for me is Perfect!!! I can't wait to see it in real life!!! Your felting, embroidery and beading are great! Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Val, I love the Taj Mahal page you made for Susie -- she's very lucky!

JackieR
10-08-2008, 09:15 PM
Wonderful pages Carol and Val!!! Don't you love felting!

goatgoddess
10-09-2008, 06:11 AM
Jetleg your page :)
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/200/large/1_felt_page_for_jetleg.JPG

vwozniak
10-09-2008, 07:36 AM
Wow, GG, your page is phenomenal..love the colors,the forms..great work.

Pippin
10-09-2008, 10:25 AM
Lovely Page GG. I should be able to get to the big pieces after my hols (swimming therapy and all that) My hand ached for a day after doing 1 postcard and I had such trouble with keeping it all in place!!! Grrrrr. I can open a door now with the left hand so we are getting there!! Thanks for your patience all

goatgoddess
10-09-2008, 10:27 AM
Thanks - pippin that would drive me nuts not having full use of my hand.

JackieR
10-09-2008, 09:43 PM
Beautiful page GG!

NYJunkie
10-09-2008, 09:45 PM
gg, what a beautiful mountain scene for jetleg. I love the sky and sun -- gorgeous colors.

jetleg
10-13-2008, 11:27 AM
GG, I love my house page....now, it's my turn to do the happy dance.

Monarch, adorable house page for NYJunkie.

I love all the felted pages.

susietex
10-13-2008, 02:42 PM
Brilliant felted pages everyone.

I have the most fantastic Taj Mahal page, right here in my hot little hands, Val it's just beautiful. Thankyou.

JackieR
10-13-2008, 04:02 PM
You wouldn't believe it but the Sydney Art Gallery has just opened an exhibition of Monet's paintings. They have over 30 works from the impressionists including haystacks!!! Can't wait to go!! It will be here till January.

vwozniak
10-13-2008, 07:37 PM
Susie, glad it got to you safe and sound.
How wonderful, Jackie, lots of inspiration, shame we all can't just hop over there and go see it with you...prepare us for your pages.

goatgoddess
10-14-2008, 01:32 PM
Now wouldn't that be a daytrip <G>

JackieR
10-14-2008, 04:43 PM
Just a short flight GG LOL

susietex
10-15-2008, 04:36 AM
Better be more than a day trip for me, that's just the flight time .... one way!!! LOL.

JackieR
10-15-2008, 05:02 AM
yes we're pretty far from everywhere down here!

NYJunkie
10-17-2008, 06:49 PM
Val, I haven't forgotten your Funky Bird. I was in my attic studio today and have it felted. Now I just have to do all the rest -- beading, embroidery, backing.... I can't believe I'm so late. This page had better turn out really good to make up for my tardiness.

vwozniak
10-17-2008, 10:32 PM
Don't worry NYJ, we all run a little late now and then. I'm sure it will be grand!

NYJunkie
10-21-2008, 08:22 PM
Val, I just finished your Funky Bird and will be mailing it out tomorrow. I am really sorry it's so late.

Here it is:

monarch
10-21-2008, 08:50 PM
This is realllly cute!!!!! I love it!!! The funny thing is nyjunkie, I just seen I haven't mailed you page yet.........I must be loosing it......

vwozniak
10-21-2008, 08:55 PM
NYJ, I love it!! It is adorable and sooooo funky!!! Thanks bunches, can't wait to see it for real.

monarch
10-22-2008, 11:18 AM
nyjunkie - Your pages is finally being mailed today.........I don't know why I didn't mail it sooner.......

vwozniak
10-22-2008, 12:41 PM
I am not doing the best job keeping up with the comings and goings...is this correct?
September 1, 2008
Pippin sends to Susie

October 1, 2008
Susie sends to Monarch
Pippin sends to Goatgoddess
Jackie R sends to Pippin mailed
NYJunkie sends to vwozniak received
Jetleg send to Jackier

monarch
10-22-2008, 01:00 PM
Mine looks good..........Now I can start on jackies........I made a print of something ...................I hope it turns out the way I want it too......

JackieR
10-22-2008, 06:45 PM
Great bird NYJ!!! Mine looks right Val

NYJunkie
10-22-2008, 07:51 PM
I can't wait to see my Felted House page, Carol! I know how easy it is to 'lose things' and 'lose my mind' and 'lose track of time'. I'll let you know when it arrives.

Now I'm running out of time and have to get going on Pippin's page....I have a good idea in my head -- just have to sketch it and get felting. Also, I remember it is a 6x8 portrait page.....

JackieR
10-22-2008, 10:50 PM
Yes I am just about to do the next page. Sky and stuff like that. Must run off and check!

goatgoddess
10-23-2008, 11:39 AM
I got susietex's page - it's beautiful - I don't think I posted to the thread - that was bad of me - it's so pretty.

I've got a thought of what I want to do this mth and plan on working on it this weekend. :)

vwozniak
10-24-2008, 06:49 PM
An amazing "Funky Bird" flew all the way from New York to New Orleans...NYJ he is wonderful, I am always amazed at how much more wonderful they are in person. Thank you very much, he was well worth the wait!!!

NYJunkie
10-25-2008, 12:05 PM
Oh, Val, I'm so glad you liked the page. I had fun making it and don't know why I took so long getting it finished.

NYJunkie
10-25-2008, 08:17 PM
Monarch, Your gorgeous felted house arrived safely today. That was fast!!! I am amazed at all the different fibers and threads you used. The tree is beautiful; and I love the embroidery. Thank you for all the work you put into it -- love it.

vwozniak
10-30-2008, 09:20 PM
I finished GG's page...it is a night in the garden...I think Halloween had an effect on me.

JackieR
10-30-2008, 09:46 PM
Nice!! I like that!!

goatgoddess
10-30-2008, 10:48 PM
I love it! so very cool! halloween is fav of mine so it's perfect!

NYJunkie
10-31-2008, 03:38 PM
Val, what a perfect spooky garden night. When I first looked at it I thought of a night version of VanGogh's Starry Night. It's a wonderful page.

vwozniak
10-31-2008, 07:59 PM
Thank you everyone. It was a fun piece to do.

monarch
11-04-2008, 04:28 PM
jackie, jackie.....I started your page and my husband smiled at me when I told him your theme.......He said ........every great journey begins with a small step........and that is how I started out....................I got a print of a picture of water lilies.......I think it is coming along slowly and I have taken the big step and free motioned inside some of the lilies........I sure hope it is going to be alright.....................I'll post when I have it completed..............

Pippin
11-05-2008, 09:55 AM
I have finished Susies page and will post a pic tonight! Stayed up watching for you election results!!!!

goatgoddess
11-05-2008, 10:15 AM
I've got my page started but need to finish it - someday I'll be done by the 1st :sad:

NYJunkie
11-06-2008, 10:36 AM
Oh, monarch -- I'm sure your waterlillies will be 'to die for'. You do amazing pages.

I just have my Tree sketch done and now have located the fibers I need. My plan is to have Pippin's page done by the end of next week.

vwozniak
11-06-2008, 02:39 PM
Here is our current status, let me know if I have missed anything.
September 1, 2008
Pippin sends to Susie

October 1, 2008