PDA

View Full Version : G-5 The Four Seasons Round Two

Jan
07-16-2008, 10:27 AM
Another year another view from Australia's seasons; this should be fun. We will start in September with a due date for mailing of September 30, 2008. Welcome back.
MAILING SCHEDULE

SPRING (mail by September 30, 2008)
ZEABLU will mail to JackieR
JackieR will mail to Jan
Pippin will mail barefootchef
barefootchef will mail to Pippin (*no page sent)
Jan will mail to ZEABLU

SUMMER (mail by December 30, 2008)
ZEABLU will mail to Jan
JackieR will mail to barefootchef
Pippin will mail to ZEABLU
barefootchef will mail JackieR (*no page sent)
Jan will mail to Pippin

2-19-2009 Correction to schedule as follows
FALL (mail by March 30, 2009)
ZEABLU will mail to Pippin
JackieR will mail to ZEABLU
Pippin will mail to JackieR
Jan mailed to JackieR and Pippin a summer page will hold off for Fall

WINTER (mail by May 30, 2009)
ZEABLU will mail to JackieR
JackieR will mail to Pippin
Pippin will mail to Jan
Jan will mail to ZEABLU

barefootchef
07-16-2008, 11:49 AM
Hi everyone. What season are we starting with? Winter? I want to start putting my thinking cap on!

Jan
07-16-2008, 12:53 PM
Cathy, check your email you should have a contact and mailing schedule. We will start with Spring in Australia. Thanks for checking in.

barefootchef
07-16-2008, 12:58 PM
Oh, spring! Thank goodness I asked...

Pippin
07-16-2008, 01:16 PM
Here I am!

Jan
07-16-2008, 01:35 PM
Hooray! One more fiber putter signed on.

JackieR
07-16-2008, 11:43 PM
Hello. Today is my FIL's 89th birthday. We are going to Holly's to celebrate! Should be good. I already have a great idea for my first page. I will stick to 8x8 for this round as well.

Zeablue
07-21-2008, 05:24 AM
Hi everyone, I'm so happy to be with you another year!
If I understand well, the first page for 30 september will be a winter page?

Jan
07-21-2008, 12:09 PM
Christine, we will start with a SPRING page due by September 30. You will mail your page to Jackie. Cathy will mail her spring page to Pippin, Jackie will mail her spring page to me and Pippin (who has only one arm available so she may be a little late), will mail her page to barefoot.
So glad you connected here on our new thread.

barefootchef
07-23-2008, 09:33 AM
Sharon, I received your beautiful page this weekend and just love it! So textural and colorful! Thanks so much for all of the extra's for Lucia's projects. It is appreciated.

I really like the idea of a second round. I would love to eventually have a different season from each in the group and this is a start!

JackieR
08-21-2008, 12:51 AM
Have finished Jan's as I am going away in September. Here's Spring. I will post it next week.

Pippin
08-21-2008, 08:39 AM
That is lovely!

Pippin
08-21-2008, 08:43 AM
and Pippin (who has only one arm available so she may be a little late), will mail her page to barefoot..

that sounds so funny!!! Arm is doing well so far, however the owner of said arm is getting mighty cranky after 4 weeks with no sewing or craftiness!!! I miss real food too LOL, especially broccolli!!!!! Head is full of ideas and a trip to Mary Maxims yeilded some yummy fibres for playing with!!!

Jan
08-22-2008, 09:36 AM
Jackie, that page is lovely looks like my morning glories that are blooming every day, thanks. I'm working on Zeablue's too. Sharon I understand your delimina. Yesterday coming out of Home Depot entry area I missed seeing a speed bump placed right outside the entry door. I went down on the pavement hitting my head on the ground, you should have seen my glasses they did not break but were a twisted mess, my right knee was really banged up and my right hand is cut up, swollen and very sore. Several people came over to help me but I claimed I was allright, after I got myself together I stood up and hobbled to the car. When I got in the car I cried. I really felt my angel buffered that fall and luckily did not break any bones. A little better off than you. So glad you are healing but a fruitfull trip to a good fabric store is certainly a healing journey. Have a great weekend ladies. Zeablue is taking a trip in September too.

Pippin
08-22-2008, 10:48 AM
Oh Jan, i do hope your bruises are not too bad. it sounds like a real shock to the system. What a silly place to put a speed bump. hugs to you hon. take it easy and rest will you!

JackieR
08-22-2008, 06:40 PM
Exactly my thought Pippin. What on earth were they thinking???

barefootchef
08-26-2008, 07:35 AM
A speed bump placed outside the entry door? What were they thinking? Jan, I hope you are feeling much better!

Jan
08-27-2008, 04:32 PM
I'm better. Right hand still is fussy but knees are good. Thanks ladies.

JackieR
08-31-2008, 02:30 AM
I'm off tomorrow. Will post back in three weeks. Take care everyone.

Jan
08-31-2008, 03:13 PM
Travel well and come back with lots of stories to share, love you stories Jackie.

barefootchef
09-20-2008, 07:35 AM
Just checking in to see how everyone is doing. We are starting to get cooler nights which is a bit early, but welcomed. Lots going on with Gustav and friends evacuating, therapy dog visits, training for upcoming shows and trying to get my Shepherd ready for a tracking test in December.

How about anyone else?

Running out the door...

Jan
09-20-2008, 04:04 PM
We are ok here but fall season has certainly come. We have not had a killing frost just a scare one night but nights are in the mid 40's. It is a very pretty time of the year here because of all the colored foliage. I have been swamped and am concerned that I won't get my page to Christine by Sept. 30th. The days are just flying by and I've found very little time for art, especially disciplined sewing art. I have just about finished a 100% wool coat for winter, presently practicing bound button holes so I can do them properly before cutting into this expensive fabric.
How was the wedding Kathy?
Jackie is traveling and we will be heading to Vermont for 8 days in a few days. After that I should find some time to catch up. I am finding it hard to focus on spring when we see Fall all around us, particulary the colors and I love the fall colors. I now understand what Jackie was experiencing I just cannot "feel" this piece of art or ideas that come to me.
Thanks for checking in I have been wondering about you gals too.
Just to let you know I am hosting a fabric/fiber/felted pin/brooch swap here if anyone is interested. Makes great Christmas gifts.
We had a severe drought this summer so tending the gardens and pots was almost a full time job. I watered four times a day some days. Everything is still alive and is taking daily time to keep everything looking nice. Fall mums are blooming along with gladiolas, really strange.

JackieR
09-22-2008, 03:18 AM
Back after 4,300 kms travel. Some pics. The first was taken from a beach we had to hike to. The second was one of several koalas in trees along the road.

Zeablue
09-22-2008, 06:09 AM
Hello, I come back from my trip! "Game is over!" Greek islands, Turkish, Italy ... but not koalas (jackie) just two pelican and two kilogrammes more on my body!
We have traveled on an american ship, so we did not hear to speak french during 15 days; except some "Québecois"! It was relaxing to not hear our compatriot grumbled all the day (Yes, french people never stops moaning!!!)
The most incredible is that in Greece, Turkish or Italy (Europe, so) they don't speak just a little french, they speak english ... but now they prefer euros than dollars! 15 years ago in Athens or in Turkish they asked "have you some dollars,please?" Now, in Turkish they say " You can pay in Euro? I prefer, please!" When we are traveling, it's very
good for us but when we want to export our marchandises It' s very bad ...but it's another question!
It was a fabulous trip but I'm happy to go home; camembert and " french expresso" missed me!
I read that Jan you had an accident? I hope you are feeling better and you have no detrimental consequences...
I read your messages but I don't understand one word " delimina", so can you translate this word?
Most seriously, Jackie,
your page is ready, I post it Tomorrow, I think.
very happy to be here, with all of you, one more year!

Jan
09-22-2008, 11:49 AM
Good to hear from you Christine and thought of you often while you were on your trip. sounds like it was a real adventure in many ways. Ahh yes the $1 is not worth anything, what a mess we are in. I am still a little stiff but able to keep up with daily work, outside and inside. Have been doing canning of tomato juice, wild grape juice and jam. I'm going to be a little late with your spring page, we are leaving for a trip to Vermont. Will get on it when we return. It has been just too busy.
Thanks for sharing pictures Jackie, where abouts did you travel? Good to know you are connected again.

JackieR
09-23-2008, 01:42 AM
I started from here and we went west as far as Cowra in NSW, then we headed down to Victoria. We ended up on the coast at the very bottom of Australia. The land here is a combination of lava rock, limestone and sandstone. The ocean comes from Antarctica and is very rough. It eats away at the limestone forming spectacular cliffs and very dangerous reefs. This area is known as the shipwreck coast. We ambled along it stopping at every off road and climbing and walking onto every accessible beach. It was great.

Jan
09-23-2008, 06:51 PM
Oh I'm going to get the map out. We have limestone here too along the Mississippi River in the southern part of the state. It is used in a lot of buildings around here. I bet those views were spectacular. Thanks for sharing your journey's with us.

JackieR
09-23-2008, 06:57 PM
If you have google earth put in port Campbell, Victoria, Australia and that will get you to the coastline and you can scroll along. You will find the 12 apostles here.

JackieR
10-01-2008, 05:30 PM
Today is the first day of Summer. It is going to be hot and windy - 95 degrees. The cockies are going nuts and we have a high fire danger warning!!!!

JackieR
10-01-2008, 07:36 PM
Jan could you send me the mailing schedule as i don't seem to have it!! I cleaned up and it's gone.

JackieR
10-10-2008, 12:29 AM
Today is the first day of Summer. It is going to be hot and windy - 95 degrees. The cockies are going nuts and we have a high fire danger warning!!!!

Brain explosion and no-one picked it up!!! It's still Spring of course. Summer starts in December. I'm not looking forward to Summer this year. I think it's going to be a scorcher!.

I received a lovely package of goodies in the mail yesterday from Christine. I enjoyed opening each little surprise. Besides a beautiful Spring page that my husband really loved there was a little packet containing a beautiful button, an atc, some lovely tissue paper that I carefully preserved and a hand-made card with leather inserts. Wow!! Early christmas. Thanks heaps Christine and good luck with the harvest!

Jan
10-15-2008, 12:12 AM
Posted Christine's page to her. Please check your PM for an updated list of exchanges for the following three seasons. The earlier list I sent had some errors in it in that you may receive the same season for the same person. I have moved these names around now for three days trying to get this to work. Jackie and I exchanged spring pages again so in the end we may have to swap some to get all the seasons from each one of us for your collection. Look over this new list and see if this works for you. Any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your patience with me.

JackieR
10-15-2008, 12:34 AM
I can't remember who sent me what. I have them all on the wall. I will have to do some investigating!!

JackieR
10-15-2008, 12:57 AM
I'm right. I have different ones from different people this time.

Jan
10-15-2008, 12:11 PM
Jackie, you requested a contact and mailing list, did you get it in your PM today?

JackieR
10-15-2008, 03:38 PM
Yes thanks Jan. I don't know what happened to the other one but I am all organised now.

Jan
10-27-2008, 09:55 PM
It's been pretty quiet around here ladies. How is everyone doing? I'm still waiting to hear if Christine has received my page.

Pippin
10-27-2008, 10:44 PM
I was srtuggling with inspiration, but now my use seems to have returned! Hoping to get this one together later this week! I have Winter all figured out though!! Go figure!

Zeablue
10-28-2008, 02:52 PM
Hi, Jan I received your page yesterday morning; very impressed !!!
It was very long but we have more and more problems with our postoffice! Many of them are closing and others are making "restructurations"!
I'm very happy to receive this "big" enveloppe! Your page is "pétillante". I don't have many time because we are in the harvest yet and tomorrow they talk about snow!!! The corn-picker don't appreciate snow!
But as soon as it will be finish I promise to all of you to speak more longer! I don't forget you and I think of you or "to you" I don't remember what is the right word, grrr!
Christine.

Jan
10-28-2008, 03:52 PM
Will someone tell me what "petillante" means? I'm glad it arrived; that took close to a month to arrive sending it first class mail from our local postoffice. I was getting concerned.
I'm with you Sharon, I have my fall page almost done and am planning the winter one. As I cut the last of my flowers for the season there is a little touch of summer still in my heart and brain....not much.
Christine, the snow has fallen here too but did not last on the ground still it is cold enough to snow anytime. Corn fileds are quickly disappearing here and the land is looking flat and barron. It is always a grieving time for me. I keep hanging on to anything green or growing as long as I can. However I do have a gardenia plant blooming in the house and that is a real treat.
Here is Christine's page.

JackieR
10-28-2008, 04:04 PM
Oh lovely page Jan. I am not even thinking Winter or Autumn. It's misty and rainy here at the moment which is a relief as it was 93 on Monday and we had 4 bushfires in areas around Sydney. I am thinking Summer but I can't fix on anything yet. I must admit I love Spring, Autumn and Winter. I don't like Summer. It's too hot!! My mind keeps jumping around with different ideas for my Summer page and I can't settle on one. I've also hurt my shoulder so can't sew for a while. I think I'll read!!

JackieR
10-28-2008, 04:06 PM
I think 'petillante' means vibrant.

Jan
10-28-2008, 05:12 PM
Thanks Jackie, that the page is, vibrant what one does not see on the scan is a lot of little flowers and vines machine painted over the tulips. How did you injure your shoulder?

JackieR
10-28-2008, 06:09 PM
Oh yes I can see the flowers. Very nice. I have fibromyalgia and I exercise regularly to stop my muscles from cramping. When I was away on hols I didn't do this and I had trouble getting back into it as I really don't like doing it. So when I finally got down to it I did too much too quickly and pulled a muscle in my shoulder. I haven't torn a ligament as it's getting better. I do this all the time!!! I can never go slowly!! You'd think I'd have learnt by now but I bet I do something similar again one day LOL. It hurts like anything especially when I am doing the exercises the doc gave me but I have a high pain threshhold. I am going to start some sewing soon as I am getting bored! I will do a couple of ATCs then I want to do an under the sea page for my other group. By then Summer might present me with an idea!!

Pippin
10-28-2008, 07:43 PM
I think petillante is sparkling!! Does that make sense!!

Jan
10-28-2008, 09:35 PM
I wouldn't know, does it? I did not use much in metallic threads rather choices were flowery colors.
Jackie, take care of yourself. How is that little one doing?

Pippin
10-28-2008, 09:53 PM
Maybe glowing then, were the colours glowing?

JackieR
10-28-2008, 10:50 PM
Holly was baptised two weeks ago. The church was really big and clunky on the outside but very small and intimate inside. There were three babies. The first one wriggled and squirmed, the second one screamed her head off the whole time and Holly sat in the minister's arms and looked around. When he dribbled the water onto her head she tried to reach down to touch it. She was really good! It was a great day. It took her a week to get over it LOL
She's a doll!!!

Jan
10-29-2008, 02:18 AM
Sharon the colors were very bright and in deep contrast. Did you see the page? It is on the previous page of this thread.
Oh how special to watch that little one in a very strange situation. I bet everyone was holding their breath especially Grandma Jackie.

Jan
11-23-2008, 08:36 PM
Gosh it is very quiet here. Pippin have you sent your spring page yet? Anyone heard from Barefootchef? I'm planning my summer page, no snow yet just some flurry's so I can still dream.

Pippin
11-23-2008, 10:16 PM
Not quite finished it yet! I had an exam last week that squashed any sewing or creativity!! yuck!!!!

JackieR
11-24-2008, 07:20 PM
I have had the worst month. Two weeks ago two people we know died. One was the 33 year old son of a friend both Jeff and I went to college with. The funerals were last week and I am so down!! I am still offline and it is so frustrating trying to deal with these people!!! I do, however have my idea for my summer page. i just haven't been motivated to get going.

Jan
11-24-2008, 09:03 PM
Oh Jackie I'm so saddened by the loss of your friends. It always takes time to make our lives adjust to their absence. You have been in my prayers as I read your posting in the Lounge thread. Take your time to grieve it is important. Take time to remember stories of these great people.
Pippin hope this "exam" resulted in A=pluses of whatever it was.

Pippin
11-25-2008, 10:35 AM
Oh Jackie, I am so sorry. Remember the good times hon. Grr to the internet people!!

Thanks Jan!!!! It was multiple choice which I find aggravating for one, and it had to be done on the computer not on paper which was even worse!! We shall see!!!!!!

JackieR
11-26-2008, 12:23 AM
Thank you for your support!! I am back online. The frustrating thing is we knew it was a line fault three weeks ago but they wouldn't get Telstra (who own all our lines in Australia) to check it. As soon as they did they fixed it!! It's so nice to be able to chat again!

Jan
11-26-2008, 12:27 AM
Hurray Jackie!

Pippin
11-26-2008, 10:03 AM
Yay Jackie is back on line!! Cyber hugs honey!!

JackieR
11-27-2008, 12:39 AM
I always get confused by the end of multiple choice examx. Glad I don't have to do them anymore!! Good luck pippin.

Jan
12-22-2008, 06:39 PM
Some updates ladies. Called barefootchef today and she is fine but very busy. Her therapy dogs are keeping her busy with Vet visits and stops at Retirement centers and elementary kids. She has not forgotten us.
ZEABLU sent a card from Paris, she is on her after-the-harvest vacation. I'm sure we'll hear from her soon.
I am working on Pippin's page, turning out interesting; should be done soon after Christmas. By-the-way how did the multiple choice test turn out?
Jackie, how are your friends doing with their loss? Any quilts finished? Would love to see pictures.
Here in Minnesota we are facing one storm after another. We have 18 inches of snow, temp last night was 21 below zero with a wind chill of 39 below zero. Roads are minimally driveable and the wood stove feels great. I'm glad I got my Christmas shopping done at the beginning of December.
Hoping each of you have a wonderful Christmastime, know you are being thought of here with great fondness.

Pippin
12-22-2008, 09:58 PM
Well I had an email notification that the results were mailed last week!! Oh joy I said,as I had conveniently forgotten about the pesky exam!!!

We too are facing more snow, Friday was dreadful. There was a 55 year old lady who went missing on Friday, they found her van. The sniffer dogs found her today in a snow drift and she was alive thank goodness. I do hope she make a full recovery. I had a very scary drive home from work but got home in the end. We are expecting more snow tomorrow so I have postponed a get together with friends till Jan 2nd, we decided safety first!! Thankfully almost all the necessary shopping is done, just a few fresh things to pick up tomorrow and then hunker down and stay warm with family! time to Sew, Create and Reflect!! Christmas Holiday Hugs to all

JackieR
12-22-2008, 10:49 PM
Well, the weather outside is sunny. On Sunday we went into Sydney on the train to have a look at the decorations. They have put lighting displays onto some of our old buildings and it was really beautiful. We wandered down to Circular Quay and watched the ferries coming and going. We sat around listening to the buskers. Very nice. The temp is wandering between 77 and 90 typical for this time. We mainly have BBQ's and salads here as it's too hot for cooked food. I'm just about to make a bean salad and a brown rice one. My friends will find this time very hard indeed. I feel for them.

Zeablue
12-23-2008, 10:42 AM
Yes, "pétillante" is "sparkling" just like the bubbles in Champagne!
This afternoon I am cooking plenty of little cakes for Christmas Day! And I think to the summer page to Jan!

Je vous souhaite à toutes un très Joyeux Noël avec votre famille.
I translate :I want to whish all of you a very Merry Christmas with your family.

JackieR
12-30-2008, 05:16 AM
I have done Summer. It turned out so well that Cathy almost wasn't getting it. But I have packaged it up so I am not tempted. The top layer of red petals are 3D.

JackieR
12-30-2008, 05:18 AM
The background material doesn't show up very well.Iit is light green see through covered with white flowers and petals.

Jan
12-30-2008, 09:59 AM
Oh Jackie it is so pretty. Reminds me of the poinsettia's that are blooming now in our homes, what a wonderful gift to Cathy. Make another for yourself.

JackieR
12-30-2008, 09:25 PM
That's what I was aiming for Jan. Summer for us is Christmas, long school holidays (5 weeks), camping, BBQs and flowers everywhere. I will make another. I will do an A4 and make the flowers smaller. I stumbled on a new way to do the 3D effect with the petals which was far easier than what I had been doing so I will do some more.

Jan
12-31-2008, 12:27 PM
How are your quilts coming along Jackie?

JackieR
12-31-2008, 05:32 PM
Wellll! I've bought the material and I have the pattern. And that's about it. I will get onto them soon. I have to go and hem up a curtain and play with Holly tomorrow and Sunday. Saturday we are going into the city to see the Monet exhibition at the Art Gallery and that is my life at the moment. I am finding sewing days a little hard to come by. It's also too hot in my studio (94 today) and I don't want to buy an aircon so i have to work around that. But it will get done, probably more in the Autumn and Winter.

Jan
01-02-2009, 07:25 PM
Now how hard is that to play with Holly?
Posted Pippin's summer page to her today will show image when she receives it.

JackieR
01-03-2009, 12:03 AM
Not hard at all. She banged her head really hard yesterday. She only cried a little but she had a big mark on her forehead. She was trying to get in the cupboard to get the vacuum cleaner. I have posted Barefootchef's page.

Jan
01-03-2009, 12:34 PM
Oh poor dear, discovery has its' price. Sounds like she is a busy one.

Pippin
01-04-2009, 01:39 PM
Still playing catch up here!! Gorgeous page Jackie

JackieR
01-04-2009, 11:06 PM
Thankyou. I am not doing too much at the moment. It is 95 here and tomorrow and the next day it is going to be 104!!!

Pippin
01-06-2009, 10:34 AM
Remember that nasty exam I took?? Well to my amazement I passed with 84%!!!! Yahoo, now I dont have to take any more as I have all three RAC designations, EU, US and Canada!!

JackieR
01-06-2009, 07:35 PM
Well done Pippin!!!

Jan
01-10-2009, 01:20 PM
Congratulations Sharon. What is RAC?

Pippin
01-10-2009, 02:59 PM
WOW, my gorgeous page arrived yesterday Jan!!! It is fabulous! And thank you SO much for the additional pieces of fabric! Stunning. How much do you dye at a time and what dyes do you use, I am thinking if trying the Jaquard Procion dyes. So far I have only dyed silk with the microwave dyes I have!

RAC stands for Regulatory Affairs Certification, related to the process of drug, medical device and cosmetic approvals and registrations

Pippin
01-11-2009, 05:37 PM
Here is my spring page at last! The muse returned!! Completely different from my first idea, but that often happens!! I dyed the base silk, the silk hankies and the rods in yellows and greens with some pink in the base. The sparkle is for the frost and melting snow that the green shoots have to poke through.

I was just checking the schedule and I am posting this one to Cath. I have just received a Summer page from Jan, but my schedule says Jan was to send Summer to ZeaBlue. Have I mislaid an email changing the schedule. I just want to check that I am mailing this (late) page to Cath!!!

Jan
01-13-2009, 03:01 PM
Very beautiful page Sharon. I will PM you on schedule, there was a change after the first mailing in hopes that each would receive a different season from another fiber artist in this group and perhaps you missed that email with the new schedule.
We have the laptop back so I am connected again, thank goodness. Still waiting for a new tower to arrive.
Here is Sharon's page I'm glad she liked it. Tried something very new in laying out wool and silk fibers, overlaying it with water soluable bonding then machine stitching over the bonding and finally wetting the bonding. Really created an interesting effect.

JackieR
01-13-2009, 08:44 PM
Very unusual and interesting page Jan. Are the flowers part of the fabric? How did the piece react to the wetting. I really like this. Very dramatic!!

Jan
01-13-2009, 09:29 PM
Jackie there is no fabric on this page at all only fibers. I loosly needle felted little flowers and laid them over the fibers. All of this was loosly laid on a piece of wool felt and then I placed the water soluable bonding over all held it with clothes pins and stitched around the edges. Then marked the stitching designs on the bonding and stitched with machine. After stitching was done I sprayed over the bonding with water until it was saturated. The bonding disappears and what I have left when it is dry is what you see and feel. The fibers feel like fibers but are bonded together somewhat like a very diluted down glue but they are not as stiff. The bonding is fun to work with. Takes a little faith though.

JackieR
01-13-2009, 11:07 PM
Oh wow! That's very clever. I'll have to try that. Did you needle felt any of the fibres?

Jan
01-14-2009, 04:11 PM
No needle felting on fibers, just laying them out over the felted wool piece. I did just lightly needle felt the flowers to hold them together and have some shape but it was very loosely and then laid the flowers in a cluster together, I did seven flowers in different colors and tucked some green eyelash yarn behind them.

Jan
01-23-2009, 12:24 PM
Posted Mailing Schedule for this year to thread #1. I will change names as we got a replacement.

Pippin
01-23-2009, 12:56 PM
I had not mailed the page to Cath yet as I ran out of bubble envies. Should I mail or hang on to it. Who is missing a Spring page from Cath, should I mail it there??

Bonjour Zeablue!! Votre page d'été est presque complète ! ! J'espère le finir ce week-end avec les perles! Je vous ferai connaître quand je place le page d'été dans la Poste.

Jan
01-23-2009, 05:55 PM
Hang on to it Pippin. We'll get this back in order soon.

Zeablue
01-27-2009, 04:55 AM
Hi Pippin, a very good french message in this thread, I can't believe it! Bravo. But don't worry I'm also very late and I'm just going to finish summer page for Jan. I hope Jan is not too disappointed for this delay!?
Jan I post you your page today. You'll see in the middle a piece of Calais' laces which come from Noyon (a small town in the north of our country). You can see their very beautiful site in french at * I know it's not in your language but it's really splendid and after, just after, in english, you can see their site at *
To wait, Jan, I try to put a pic of this page, below.
If I understand your messages we have lost a partner on the road? So, what do you want to do? Do you want we make another page to compensate?
Jackie, I post you a letter in the beginning of January, but I think, the plane is not yet arrived to your far-off country or perhaps it makes a stopover!
Have a nice day for all of you.
Christine.

PS: It's a shame, I can't post this message because they say "You are only allowed to post URLs to other sites after you have made 15 posts or more" so, I delete URLS and put an * and I try to post these URL in private mail

Pippin
01-27-2009, 09:55 AM
That is lovely Christine. Love the lace panel in the centre! Great work

JackieR
01-28-2009, 12:21 AM
Great page Christine. I have recently received a wonderful package from France and I have sent you a PM about it.

Jan
01-28-2009, 11:24 AM
Jackie,
maybe she did not catch the change in mailing partners. Just keep it, we can do a swap at the end of the year.

JackieR
01-28-2009, 08:30 PM
It's ok Jan. It was a very interesting French calendar. My dad was fascinated with it.

JackieR
01-30-2009, 06:22 PM
I have very sadly given my first negative rating on this site. It leaves me feeling very uncomfortable but I think it is only fair to others that we do this.

Jan
02-05-2009, 08:46 PM
Received a very "hot", lacy and beautiful summer page from Zeablu today. Gosh that lace is something to brag about, it is heavy, intricate and just lovely. I am always amazed how Christine finds the best that France has to offer and shares it with us. She drew ideas from costumes and now from the lace factory, wow I've got to get out more but things around here are not like going to Paris. What a gift and I am so grateful.

JackieR
02-05-2009, 08:52 PM
I have come across a really interesting technique for Autumn. When I have done it I will share!!

Jan
02-15-2009, 11:57 PM
I have sent a PM to each of you regarding how we will proceed to finish off the last two swaps. Jackie, I will post your summer page this Tuesday. Monday is a holiday here, President Day, we will have no postal service. Hope you like it.
For the Fall mailing date we will stay with a due date of March 30, 2009, and Winter due date of May 30, 2009.

JackieR
02-16-2009, 01:28 AM
Looks great Jan - thanks. I have done my Autumn and I was really pleased with the technique so am going to do a bigger one.

JackieR
02-25-2009, 05:46 PM
An absolutely stunning summer page has flown into my home. Thankyou Jan. It is beautiful.

Jan
02-25-2009, 06:03 PM
And here is Jackie's summer page. Also created with wool, silk, yarns and machine stitching.

Pippin
02-25-2009, 10:22 PM
That is gorgeous Jan! amazing work

Jan
02-26-2009, 11:44 AM
Thanks Sharon.
We will stay on the new rotation for mailing our Fall and Winter pages. If barefootchef sends pages she will send on the former rotation but we will wrap up this years rotation in May.

Pippin
03-09-2009, 08:00 AM
Well after much debate I decided I really did not like my first idea for Christines Summer page, beads added or not, it wasn't working so I started again and came up with the Poppies. I didnt have the colour I wanted for the flowers so I dyed some cream silk with pinks and yellows and here i the result. Although the design is simple I am much happier with this one! Hope you like it Christine.

Jan-please can you send me the address for Christine as I seem to have deleted the relevant email! Thanks a bunch

Jan
03-10-2009, 01:46 PM
Oh Sharon she will love it, so graceful, bold and beautiful, beautiful.

JackieR
03-27-2009, 07:12 PM
It's getting cool here and the trees are turning. It's very beautiful in the mountains when this happens. We have corridors of planted tees around our towns that are deciduous. The gum trees aren't of course so most of the colour is in the towns. This is my page for Christine.

Jan
03-27-2009, 08:18 PM
Oh Jackie that is soooo pretty. Love all the fibers and yarn in the background, looks like the ground full of brightly colored leaves.

Pippin
03-27-2009, 10:29 PM
Lovely page Jackie!! How did you do the background?

JackieR
03-28-2009, 12:01 AM
Thankyou. I put out a piece of calico, then thin wadding, then a piece of green fabric. I then laid lots of different coloured and textured threads across the green fabric. I then sewed in lines using a walking foot. This was the most difficult part as the threads wanted to go everywhere. However the movement just added to the piece. I have since done a slightly larger one and the threads were even more difficult to control LOL

Pippin
03-28-2009, 10:11 AM
Aha!!! I cheat when I do that and put water soluble stabiliser over the top!!! Then I washed and dried ti before carrying on, but as you say the wandering threads give it movement!

JackieR
03-28-2009, 07:40 PM
Rats!!! Never thought of that!

Jan
03-29-2009, 08:32 PM
Here is another good pointer. Use the water soluable stabilizer laid flat over the fibers, I either stitch around close to the edge or hold it over the fibers with these tiny clothespins. I draw my stitching patterns on the stabilizer and stitch. When finished stiching I use a spray bottle with water and soak the stitching and stabilier until it is melted and let the piece dry.

JackieR
03-29-2009, 08:56 PM
Thanks Jan, that's a good idea. I have tons of stabilizer, just never thought to use it. I must admit I like the result I got but I will try that method on something else I want to do. Christine's page is in the mail.

Zeablue
04-04-2009, 02:32 PM
Just a few words to say I think about all of you
I'm just a little "surbookée" but as soon as the corn will be plant, I think all will be better; for the moment we have to wait because the weather is too cold!
Oh Jacky I'm very impatient to receive your summer page because it's definitively beautiful with all these colours!
Pippin, I did'nt receive your spring page, is it normal (it's just a question...)

Friendly
Christine

Jan
04-04-2009, 11:13 PM
Received a fall page from barefootchef today.

barefootchef
04-05-2009, 08:35 AM
Here is Jan's page that i finally managed to finish...

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=71389

Playing catch-up on the others now...

barefootchef
04-05-2009, 08:38 AM
Ok, it didn't seem to work. I have it in the gallery now.

Jan
04-05-2009, 11:47 AM
Not sure what is going on, here is barefoot's page.

JackieR
04-05-2009, 06:04 PM
Very nice Cathy. Christine your page is Autumn.

Zeablue
04-06-2009, 04:18 AM
Ok Jacky, excuse me: I thought "autumn" and I wrote "summer"! I don't know why because in French it's almost the same word "Automne"!

Pippin
04-07-2009, 07:52 PM
Ack I have had postage woes and have had packages returned!! One was yours Christine so it will be out again this weekend! Playing catch up from the UK visit to family for my parents Golden Wedding and seeing my ADORABLE nephew!!!

Zeablue
04-08-2009, 02:00 PM
Jacky, I have received your fabulous autumn page yesterday morning.
Just as beautiful as the picture you showed on the forum. The colours are exploding... I have the same ribbons and I did'nt know what to do with it. So you give me a good idea because it makes very nice backgrounds.

Pippin, ok I wait for your summer page and I have sent today your Autumn page.
I try to put a picture of this page

Have a nice day.

JackieR
04-08-2009, 07:36 PM
Beautiful page Christine. I love the circles with the lace, very interesting technique.

Jan
04-08-2009, 10:06 PM
Very pretty Christine. Lots of creative seasons in mail art journeys' So glad to know we are alive again. Have a great Eastertime ladies.

Pippin
04-12-2009, 08:00 PM
Dont fall over everyone but I have finished Autumn for Jackie!!! Not a clear pic, but the flash one did not work due to the metallic organza!! It is called Ghosts of Autumn, and as usual took a completely different direction once I had started!

Jan
04-12-2009, 09:39 PM
Oh that is very good Sharon.

JackieR
04-13-2009, 12:04 AM
Oh I love that!! Beautiful colours!

JackieR
04-22-2009, 10:34 PM
Pippin's beautiful page has arrived. It's lovely and glitzy, much better in real life. Thankyou!!

Pippin
04-23-2009, 08:05 AM
My gorgoeus page from Christine has arrived! It is stunning in person and so beautifully made. Merci Beaucoup Christine mon ami c'est tres tres jolie.

Jan
04-23-2009, 09:05 PM
Yeh we've got some excitement here.

Jan
04-25-2009, 03:20 PM
Almost finished with Christine's Winter page, so far so good. I've got to get this done because the weather has been warm and flowers are starting to bloom, don't want to think of winter much more.

Pippin
04-25-2009, 06:12 PM
That is so true!! Today was beautiful this morning so the cats had a good time in the sun and Fox snoozed under the tree while id did some tidying up of the garden. Green shoots are poking their noses up and unfurling leaves! The Cardinals are singing their hearts out too. Nature is quite wonderful!

JackieR
04-25-2009, 07:11 PM
Well today is going to be cold with strong winds. People in Victoria have been told to stay indoors unless they absolutely have to go out as there are going to be winds of up to 130 kms an hour!! All the trees in my street have turned and the colours are stunning. I will take a pic.

Jan
04-28-2009, 04:55 PM
Posted ZEABLU's page today.

Pippin
04-29-2009, 12:32 PM
Jan.. your pages are 6x6 are they not? I could not see it in the thread but I seem to remember this from last year?

Jan
04-29-2009, 04:48 PM
Yes they are Sharon, thanks for checking.

Zeablue
05-15-2009, 10:42 AM
Jan's page arrived the last week and her snowflakes are more true than in the real!
And the texture of the background is rather unlikely;bravo to you, Jan!

Pippin
05-15-2009, 10:46 AM
Summer is fast aproaching here, everything is growing in the garden and I am stitching Winter !!!!!

Jan
05-15-2009, 05:56 PM
I know Sharon, that is why I "needed" to get this winter one done, I'm finished with winter for a while at least.

JackieR
05-16-2009, 01:53 AM
Wonderful page Jan. Looks great. I will post mine next week. I have been doing a lot of knitting lately. I find I quite enjoy it which is a surprise.

JackieR
06-04-2009, 09:46 PM
Pippin's Winter page is on its way.

Zeablue
06-05-2009, 03:00 AM
Bravo Jackie your page is top top!
Jackie your page is leaving since 4 or 5 days.

Jan
06-07-2009, 11:06 AM
Jackie your page is wonderful, looks very "cold". How did you make it?
Christine, your page is wonderful too. Is that lace incorporated with it? What is the blue made out of?
Thanks for following through. We are nearing the end of this journey. I'm sure each of us is ready to move on.
Love hearing from each of you.

Pippin
06-08-2009, 10:09 AM
I have to admit to more gardening than sewing this week!

Pippin
06-20-2009, 08:03 PM
I have finally finished Jan Winter page!! Here is a sneak peek although the scan missed a lot of the details!

Jan
06-22-2009, 01:00 AM
Oooooh Pep that looks lavishly cold. Beautiful lace, any story with that piece? Thanks.

Pippin
06-22-2009, 09:26 AM
The laces are pieces that I have gathered at antique fairs etc over the years, sometimes they are really yellowed with age and would not have worked on this piece, but I did manage to dig through the stash and locate some whiter pieces! As these pieces are old this is likley thier last use, so I thought it fitting that they be used in a piece called Winter.

Jan
06-22-2009, 04:03 PM
Ahhh I kind of thought it had a story. It is beautiful.

JackieR
06-22-2009, 07:03 PM
That's a beautiful piece Pippin. We went for a drive last week when it was really cold and saw snow on the distant hills. I have some handmade crochet from from MIL which I am going to incorporate into a quilt for Holly when I get round to it.

Jan
06-22-2009, 11:16 PM
Sure good to see your "Sunny" face Jackie, you've been quiet. How is that little cutie doing? Is she into everything yet?

JackieR
06-23-2009, 07:28 PM
She certainly is. She likes to pick up leaves and dirt and give them to you. She has a little park just across from her house and it has a playgym in it. I think she would live there if she could LOL

Pippin
06-24-2009, 10:35 PM
A lovely frost page has arrived all the way from Aus!! Just lovely Jackie, Thank you so much!

JackieR
06-25-2009, 02:24 AM
A beautiful 'Frozen River' has arrived from France along with some other lovely goodies. Thankyou Christine. I do so love your packages!!!

Jan
06-25-2009, 03:46 PM
Wonderful to know Winter has made it. I think that completes our journey. Thanks ladies for hanging in, I'm so glad we did, it has been a wonderful journey. I treasure each one of my pages and display them on easels around our home each season....I love each one of them.

JackieR
06-25-2009, 08:13 PM
Yes it has been good. I have my pages in a wall hanging which I have just fixed up and it looks stunning. Thankyou all for your hard work and your wonderful artistic interpretations!!

Jan
08-02-2009, 10:33 AM
Received beautiful lace "snow" from Pippin. What a pretty page with a story. Thanks so much for this gift.
I think we have completed our journey here, thanks for hangin' in there.

Pippin
08-02-2009, 02:17 PM
Thanks for shepherding us through the seasons Jan.Thank you to all of you on this seasonal journey, Jackie, Zeablue and Jan